Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

SanSan fans will be reading a lot into that exchange about gingers between the Hound and Tormund.

Which, for all I know they're right, but if they are, I reiterate my longstanding request that D&D explain why they chose to tell this story this way.

(edited)
20 hours ago, Oscirus said:

Yes very much different.  Sansa didn't nearly eradicate her family line and the North with her selfishness.

No, but running to Cersei in the books to preserve her betrothal to Joffrey was a contributing factor towards Ned's death and everything that ensued, as GRRM himself has admitted. 

11 hours ago, Oscirus said:

Ok Sansa vs Cersei is pretty much confirmed at this point.

How so?

10 hours ago, SeanC said:

SanSan fans will be reading a lot into that exchange about gingers between the Hound and Tormund.

Eh, SanSan fans read a lot into the fact that both Sansa and the Hound have drunk ale. I'll wait for what imagine will be the Sansa/Sandor reunion in Season 8 to see which way the writers are headed.

It does sound as if Sandor will be going north again, as 7x06 had Beric staying at Eastwatch and telling Sandor as much.

Edited by Eyes High
51 minutes ago, Edith said:

We know that Beric gives his life to resurrect LSH in the book. With this in mind: Who do you guys think will be the character in the show?  

I don't think anything like that is going to happen in the show.  He's most likely headed for death in battle.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Eyes High said:

How so?

Because Sansa is needlessly bringing up Cersei in a conversation as if to remind us that yes, Cersei vs Sansa is still a thing. That plus the mysterious letter.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, WearyTraveler said:

There have been rumors that many, if not all, the episodes of S8 will be around the two hour mark.  That would make S8 the longest season in terms of total duration.

I have alse heard that the filming schedule is longer than any other season to date, my thoughts are that maybe 801 and/806 will be 2 hours, or 90 minutes at least......but I am hoping that all of them are 90min-2hours.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Cersei and the NK become allies, because reasons.

Because I could totally see her thinking that she could control the Night King.... I'm over Cersei, I am hoping against hope that she will die in 707/801...but I know she wont.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, glowbug said:

I don't think Rhaegar actually named Jon. Lyanna did after Rhaegar and his two older children were dead. So she's the creepy one. ;)

Honestly, when I first heard that Jon's name was Aegon I was upset but that was partly because I assumed Rhaegar had chosen his name and Rhaegar died before his first son had died. While I would still prefer another name, believing that Lyanna named him after Aegon's death makes it acceptable to me. Hopefully it will turn out that Rhaegar had no hand in naming him. 

Wait! What? Did that come out in the book? I don't remember hearing anywhere that Jon's real name was Aegon.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, screamin said:

While I'm not a big fan of Lyanna being censorious of Robert not keeping to one bed, but then TOTALLY OKAY with Rhaegar falling in love with her and making romantic overtures in front of his wife, then presumably maintaining a secret correspondence with him while said wife goes through a difficult pregnancy and life threatening birth, then agreeing to run away with him while the wife is still recovering and the babe is a newborn, as long as he agrees to properly marry her, I really don't think naming Jon Aegon was a sign that she was ambitious for her son to have the throne meant for Elia's Aegon. By the time Jon is born, Elia and her children are dead, Robert is king, and the Targaryens have fallen, and the KG at the tower seem to know it, and so presumably Lyanna does too, and knows the name Aegon will confer no power to her baby. To me it seems more likely that she's sorry for the things that happened because of her and Rhaegar's heedless acts, and named her baby after one of the most innocent victims in penance. (If she'd thought about it, it might have occurred to her that the name would endanger the baby in Robert's kingdom, but I suppose blood loss clouded her thinking.)

Here's my thing,  we have already learned on the show that history is not quite what everyone was told it was.  It doesn't surprise at all think that Lyanna was fully consenting and participatory in the events that ultimately led to Robert and Ned going to war against crown.  I do wonder though, if she even tried to tell them that she wanted to be with Rhegaer, or if she let them go on thinking that she was raped and kidnapped?

7 hours ago, Oscirus said:

Because Sansa is needlessly bringing up Cersei in a conversation as if to remind us that yes, Cersei vs Sansa is still a thing. That plus the mysterious letter.

See, I feel like Sansa doesn't care about the war with the WW's.  I feel like all she cares about is getting revenge on Cersei.  Because she cannot see the bigger picture, and set aside her personal feelings and desires, shows she is not ready to be any kind of ruler.  If she had gone to KL for this meeting, then I would say that Cersei was probably going to die because Sansa would have killed her.  I do hope that Sansa does get to kill her though.  She at least deserves that.

1 hour ago, LadyChaos said:

Wait! What? Did that come out in the book? I don't remember hearing anywhere that Jon's real name was Aegon.

It's from the spoilers from season 7. Reliable sources have spoiled that Jon's real name is Aegon. 

2 hours ago, Edith said:

The whole season leaked long time ago. Even some scripts page...

I think the links to the leaked scripts are somewhere around page 71 on the Season 7: Spoilers and Speculation thread here.  (Just checked an e-mail to my step-daughter, and Page #71 was correct for script spoilers....not as senile as I thought, LOL).

Actually, about all these leaks for season 7, has it ever been like this before where a whole season is basically spoiled before it airs? I never went looking for spoilers before season 7. I wonder if they put anything different in place for season 8 with regards to the scripts.

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Actually, about all these leaks for season 7, has it ever been like this before where a whole season is basically spoiled before it airs? I never went looking for spoilers before season 7. I wonder if they put anything different in place for season 8 with regards to the scripts.

The leaks haven't seemed to impact the ratings at all. The mistakenly aired episode this Spain didn't dent the ratings either, apparently. People still tuned in to watch and it gave some fans fodder for discussion online. I wonder if they have decided that they'll complain about leaks and spoilers but with a wink to the hard-core fans that they're not really going to do anything about it. 

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

No. Season 6 had a few storylines and sequences that were spoiled in their entirety before Season 6 aired--the BOTB, e.g.--but nothing like Season 7.

There are usually a lot of spoilers from any exterior shoots in Spain; Arya's Season 6 storyline was spoiled almost in its entirety (except for Walder Frey's murder) because so much of it was filmed outdoors (and WOTW also revealed that Arya would make it back to Westeros), and of course for Season 7 pretty much everything that was filmed outside in Spain was spoiled (the dragonpit, e.g.). They're generally able to lock down the Northern Ireland shoots (both exterior and interior), although the BOTB was still spoiled in its entirety by posters on /Freefolk, but anything filmed in Spain is not going to be kept secret.

So for Season 8, short of a Lads showing up and spoiling anything, based on previous seasons, I would expect a lot of information from any exterior shoots outside Northern Ireland (I think they're going back to Spain to film for Season 8), and not much else. Casting information from WOTW will be in short supply, since there won't be many new roles cast. There will be a lot of meaty scenes filmed at the Winterfell exterior and interior sets which will be successfully kept secret, assuming that Lads has gone quiet for good.

Can someone please put my heart and mind at ease? I read supposed season 8 script leaks that claims that Euron kills Dany and hangs her body Out as a a trophy and other really outlandish things. Was this proven to be fake??? I can't get the horrible thought of Danny being horribly murdered out of my head :(

20 minutes ago, amandawoods said:

The only thing that worries me is that Frikidoctor mentioned something about Euron being extremely awed by Dany's dragons.  It just seems like a weird detail to put in if it's not foreshadowing something.  

That's ominous to me too. I honestly don't really understand why Euron would align himself with Cersei in that case...wouldn't he rather be on the team that has massive armies and dragons? 

This also leads me to believe that he is gonna use the golden company himself to take over Kings Landing and betray Cersei...crowns HIMSELF king maybe and that makes him the ultimate enemy of Season 8?

1 hour ago, MarySNJ said:

The leaks haven't seemed to impact the ratings at all. The mistakenly aired episode this Spain didn't dent the ratings either, apparently. People still tuned in to watch and it gave some fans fodder for discussion online. I wonder if they have decided that they'll complain about leaks and spoilers but with a wink to the hard-core fans that they're not really going to do anything about it. 

I get that whole thing with the ratings. But if you're a writer, it can't be pleasant to see everything you wrote has been leaked online. I know that whatever is filmed outdoors will get spoiled and we'll discuss it to death. I was just really surprised by the amount of information that came out this season.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, GraceK said:

That's ominous to me too. I honestly don't really understand why Euron would align himself with Cersei in that case...wouldn't he rather be on the team that has massive armies and dragons? 

This also leads me to believe that he is gonna use the golden company himself to take over Kings Landing and betray Cersei...crowns HIMSELF king maybe and that makes him the ultimate enemy of Season 8?

Dany was the one who chose not to align not him. I doubt he'd be welcomed back even if he wanted to. 

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't ever recall it being this bad. For me, it hasn't ruined my love of the show, but it has dampened my anticipation for new episodes. I'm finding it really hard to avoid spoilers when they're pretty much showing up every day in my FB feed. Whoever does cyber security for HBO deserves to have their head mounted on a spike. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't ever recall it being this bad. For me, it hasn't ruined my love of the show, but it has dampened my anticipation for new episodes. I'm finding it really hard to avoid spoilers when they're pretty much showing up every day in my FB feed. Whoever does cyber security for HBO deserves to have their head mounted on a spike. 

I can say as someone who was spoiled for Season 7 10+ months before airing that it took a lot of the fun out of the off-season. On the other hand, I really don't want to wait around until 2019 to find out how this all ends.

• Love 2

To me it doesn't really ruin much, because even with the spoilers, the interpretations were way off in some cases o it was interesting seeing the difference between the writing and whats on the screen.

I think HBO's been doing it themselves (or at least tacitly encouraging it) to drum up excitement.

I don't think that tactic's going to work for the finale, though. I think a lot of people, if tbey spoil themselves with regards to the story's end, will suddenly find the urge to watch has disappeared. I've ruined more novels and movies and TV for myself that way....

5 hours ago, amandawoods said:

The only thing that worries me is that Frikidoctor mentioned something about Euron being extremely awed by Dany's dragons.  It just seems like a weird detail to put in if it's not foreshadowing something.  

That and what Archmaester Ebrose said in episode 5 about the "Drowned God would rise up and destroy Aegon the Conqueror"

Either referring to Dany, "Aegon with tits" or Jon, whose name is Aegon

Edited by Edith
1 hour ago, Miss Dee said:

I think HBO's been doing it themselves (or at least tacitly encouraging it) to drum up excitement.

I don't think that tactic's going to work for the finale, though. I think a lot of people, if tbey spoil themselves with regards to the story's end, will suddenly find the urge to watch has disappeared. I've ruined more novels and movies and TV for myself that way....

It seems to me that HBO has probably figured it out that 'leaks' actually get them better ratings because so many people get all in a uproar and feel and extra need to watch sunday night to support the show so....

22 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

See, I feel like Sansa doesn't care about the war with the WW's.  I feel like all she cares about is getting revenge on Cersei.  Because she cannot see the bigger picture, and set aside her personal feelings and desires, shows she is not ready to be any kind of ruler.  If she had gone to KL for this meeting, then I would say that Cersei was probably going to die because Sansa would have killed her.  I do hope that Sansa does get to kill her though.  She at least deserves that.

Sansa chose to stay in Winterfell, in order to avoid Cersei (and to continue preparations for the war with the WWs - she is concerned with keeping Jon's army together, as well as feeding it). So how does that translate to only caring about getting revenge on Cersei? I'd think she would count on Dany and Tyrion to take care of that.

• Love 9

I always end up getting spoiled on you tube. I am not willing to give up my favorite places online to avoid getting spoiled. Just yesterday I saw some stuff that makes me wonder whether it's legit script leaks or wild fan fiction.  If  these particular "script leaks" are true and not bull shit - then yikes!  The thing is it's the final season and there really is no reason why certain popular characters might not get killed off by the second episode.

8 minutes ago, magdalene said:

I always end up getting spoiled on you tube. I am not willing to give up my favorite places online to avoid getting spoiled. Just yesterday I saw some stuff that makes me wonder whether it's legit script leaks or wild fan fiction.  If  these particular "script leaks" are true and not bull shit - then yikes!  The thing is it's the final season and there really is no reason why certain popular characters might not get killed off by the second episode.

Me too. When I pull up YouTube and the first thing on the page is a clickbait video with the title "Littlefinger Dies In Season Finale!!!!," it's impossible to unsee the spoiler. 

On 8/14/2017 at 9:24 AM, bubble sparkly said:

So since Cercei is definitely pregnant but spoilers indicate the miscarriage scene was cut from s7, what do we think the chances are that we will get Dany finding out she's pregnant and Cercei's miscarriage in the same episode in s8? I could see them pushing the miscarriage back a season solely to bookend it with Dany's happy news. It will probably cause Cercei to go even further off the deep end if her little birds tell her about Dany's boat baby.

I can see this happening. It is classic GoT drama. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, doram said:

I think it might have had something to do with the rude way that Sansa sent her off to King's Landing... Maybe... I would like to think it does but the only thing these writers do worse than continuity is writing about Sansa consistently. 

I think Brienne said "fuck loyalty" because Jaime was like "blah, blah, blah we're enemies because we're loyal to different people."  Fuck that when an undead army is coming that doesn't care about whose side anyone is on.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

I wonder if Brienne's "fuck loyalty is a hint at her refusing a Sansa command in the near future.

I doubt it.  The Brienne/Sansa strife this season was just about teasing that she might try to kill Arya.  She's a True Stark now, so there's no need (nor need to manufacture reasons to send Brienne off to meet Jaime again).

Assorted other thoughts about where we'll pick up next year:

- Lord Dondarrion and Tormund (and probably not Gendry) should be dead, but are not.  They'll probably Sam their way out of trouble (see Season 3 Episode 1) and head south to join our heroes.

- The writers are going to have to get some other characters south pronto.  KL is a ghost town at this point, particularly as we got confirmation this episode that Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn really won't film scenes together.  Cersei's basically just got Qyburn and Zombie Gregor.

- I don't envy the writers in trying to juggle all the various things that should be happening in the first episode.  This will presumably begin with Team Targaryen arriving at Winterfell, which has like a half-dozen different reunions and revelations that will all have to happen in short succession.  You've got Jon seeing Arya again, all the Starks meeting Dany, presumably learning about J/D, and parentage revelation and its attendant fallout, Sansa and Arya seeing the Hound again, etc.

- It's often been discussed whether SanSan is going to be a thing.  If it is, based on the Jon/Dany scenes in Season 7 and various other bits of writing, I expect we'll get these scenes in the first two episodes:

Lord Dondarrion:  Hello Clegane.  How are you?

Sandor:  Fuck off.

Lord Dondarrion:  Have you considered that the Lord of Light brought you back to fuck Sansa?

Sandor:  Really?

Lord Dondarrion:  We can all see your red-hot, sexy chemistry.

Brienne:  My lady, what do you think of the Hound?

Sansa:  The Hound?

Brienne:  I'm pretty sure you want to fuck him, if you'll pardon my language.

Sansa:  Hello, Sandor.

Sandor:  Hello, Sansa.

*Winterfell's heretofore-unseen orchestra begins playing Alan Menken tunes*

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, SeanC said:

I doubt it.  The Brienne/Sansa strife this season was just about teasing that she might try to kill Arya.  She's a True Stark now, so there's no need (nor need to manufacture reasons to send Brienne off to meet Jaime again).

Assorted other thoughts about where we'll pick up next year:

- Lord Dondarrion and Tormund (and probably not Gendry) should be dead, but are not.  They'll probably Sam their way out of trouble (see Season 3 Episode 1) and head south to join our heroes.

- The writers are going to have to get some other characters south pronto.  KL is a ghost town at this point, particularly as we got confirmation this episode that Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn really won't film scenes together.  Cersei's basically just got Qyburn and Zombie Gregor.

- I don't envy the writers in trying to juggle all the various things that should be happening in the first episode.  This will presumably begin with Team Targaryen arriving at Winterfell, which has like a half-dozen different reunions and revelations that will all have to happen in short succession.  You've got Jon seeing Arya again, all the Starks meeting Dany, presumably learning about J/D, and parentage revelation and its attendant fallout, Sansa and Arya seeing the Hound again, etc.

- It's often been discussed whether SanSan is going to be a thing.  If it is, based on the Jon/Dany scenes in Season 7 and various other bits of writing, I expect we'll get scenes like this quite quickly:

Will Tyrion be in the background watching this one as well?

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, SeanC said:

It's often been discussed whether SanSan is going to be a thing.  If it is, based on the Jon/Dany scenes in Season 7 and various other bits of writing, I expect we'll get these scenes in the first two episodes:

I doubt it. Even if the writers rushed things lately, they never wrote "surprise romance". They write "long story arc romance" or "short story arc romance" with people who had never met before. 

Edited by OhOkayWhat

So going by D&D's comment on the Inside the Episode feature about how Dany/Jon are going to experience some extreme turbulence when the truth come out, are we thinking one episode of angst before they marry lol?  Two max?  At the end of last season they were trying to sell extreme drama between Jon and Sansa and it fizzled pretty quickly.

I'm curious how they will play out the reveal to Jon though.  Will Bran announce it in front of all the Starks plus Northern lords, as well as all Dany's crew?  Or will it be Bran only, or just all the Stark sibs?

Also, who is going to be happiest about Dany's inevitable pregnancy - Dany, Jon or Grandpa Davos?

• Love 7
On 8/21/2017 at 7:15 PM, LadyChaos said:
  On 8/19/2017 at 4:23 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Cersei and the NK become allies, because reasons.

Crystal ball time: I think Qyburn is going to offer himself to be one of the NK's pets at some point. "Show me how you do that trick"

On 8/22/2017 at 0:37 PM, BitterApple said:

I don't ever recall it being this bad. For me, it hasn't ruined my love of the show, but it has dampened my anticipation for new episodes.

This season has been awful for leaks of spoilers, but you know? Seasons 1 and 2 were worse, and Season 3. All that was spoiled by the books. The only difference is, Season 7 was spoiled by the scripts.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

So going by D&D's comment on the Inside the Episode feature about how Dany/Jon are going to experience some extreme turbulence when the truth come out, are we thinking one episode of angst before they marry lol?  Two max?  At the end of last season they were trying to sell extreme drama between Jon and Sansa and it fizzled pretty quickly.

I'm curious how they will play out the reveal to Jon though.  Will Bran announce it in front of all the Starks plus Northern lords, as well as all Dany's crew?  Or will it be Bran only, or just all the Stark sibs?

Also, who is going to be happiest about Dany's inevitable pregnancy - Dany, Jon or Grandpa Davos?

I think we've gotten a hint of what the conflict will be, when Jon tells Theon he can be two people. That's how Jon will see himself both a Targaryen and Stark. And Dany will want the opposite, your a dragon Jon be a dragon. The son of Rhaegar would be a powerful figure to rally Westeros and their child's claim would be even stronger. Plus she wouldn't be the last Targaryen in the world anymore, which is huge for Dany.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SeanC said:

GOT operates by soap opera rules: no body, no death.

Well, Tycho Nestoris is supposed to be back for not one but two episodes in Season 8, so that will give someone Cersei to play off.

I dunno. If needed, the writers could put off the J/D parentage revelation to a later episode just as they put off Bran informing Sansa and Arya of LF's treachery. Maybe Sam convinces Bran to keep it under his hat due to the more pressing issue of the war. I'll be very disappointed if the Jon/Arya reunion isn't given sufficient attention, given that we heard so much in Season 7 about Arya's devotion to Jon.

5 hours ago, OhOkayWhat said:

I doubt it. Even if the writers rushed things lately, they never wrote "surprise romance". They write "long story arc romance" or "short story arc romance" with people who had never met before. 

Agreed.

4 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

I share your skepticism about the extent of the Dany/Jon "conflict" in S8, but oh well: it gives us something to argue about during the off-season.

Poor Davos doesn't have a great track record with his kids/surrogate kids (Matthos: dies at Blackwater, Shireen: burned alive, Gendry: signs up for suicide mission and almost dies).

2 hours ago, MadMouse said:

I think we've gotten a hint of what the conflict will be, when Jon tells Theon he can be two people. 

On that note, I wonder if Jon and Theon will ever see each other again. Jon essentially absolving Theon--to the extent he could absolve him--had a sense of finality to it.

The big hanging spoiler is that the script and outlines had Cersei miscarrying near the end of 7x07, and she did not, which I assume means that that scene has been pushed to Season 8. The other big thing is that the outlines are very explicit that Tyrion is in love with Dany, but in the Season 7 finished product, there are no hints to that effect other than Tyrion looking troubled by boatsex, which leads me to wonder whether D&D scrapped that idea altogether, or whether they're planning to make Tyrion's love for Dany more of a sticking point in Season 8.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I share your skepticism about the extent of the Dany/Jon "conflict" in S8, but oh well: it gives us something to argue about during the off-season.

The fact that D&D are trying to hype it up as a big thing just makes it more likely to be over pretty quickly lol.  Dany is not going to care they are related, and I bet someone will remind Jon about the other avuncular marriages in the Stark tree to make the audience see it's acceptable.  Hell, Sansa might even take note of Littlefinger's comment and be the one to suggest they marry to quell any Northern Lord bitching (because those idiots will always find a reason to bitch even if Dany is bringing her dragons to save their asses). 

I'm sure someone (Varys? Tyrion? Jorah?) will stir the pot by telling Dany that Jon might try and take the throne and/or that people might support him over her, but I can't see that really be an issue for more than a second considering Jon has no interest in that and is head over heels for Dany

16 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The big hanging spoiler is that the script and outlines had Cersei miscarrying near the end of 7x07, and she did not, which I assume means that that scene has been pushed to Season 8

I'm going to predict we get a Dany pregnancy reveal and Cersei miscarriage double whamy maybe halfway through the season.  That will be the thing that tips Cersei completely over the edge.

18 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

which leads me to wonder whether D&D scrapped that idea altogether, or whether they're planning to make Tyrion's love for Dany more of a sticking point in Season 8.

This might be the SansayArya plot of season 8.  We are supposed to spend all season wondering if Tyrion is going to betray Dany/hurt Jon and then there will be a "gotcha" where he saves them / has been playing someone else all along.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, bubble sparkly said:

The fact that D&D are trying to hype it up as a big thing just makes it more likely to be over pretty quickly lol.  Dany is not going to care they are related, and I bet someone will remind Jon about the other avuncular marriages in the Stark tree to make the audience see it's acceptable.  Hell, Sansa might even take note of Littlefinger's comment and be the one to suggest they marry to quell any Northern Lord bitching (because those idiots will always find a reason to bitch even if Dany is bringing her dragons to save their asses). 

In the cast commentary video about JonxDany, the actors suggested this was a Bad Thing--Emilia and Kit even did some adorable fake vomiting--but the same thing happened with 6x10 and Jon vs. Sansa, so I remain highly skeptical.

I'm going to predict we get a Dany pregnancy reveal and Cersei miscarriage double whamy maybe halfway through the season.  That will be the thing that tips Cersei completely over the edge.

Yes, yes, yes. 

I think we can also say at this point that Cleganebowl is, as the kids say, "fucking confirmed." Not sure about the circumstances, but I wouldn't be surprised if Arya was somehow involved given all the emphasis on the Hound's bond with Arya. Throw in Sansa, too, because she needs something to do in Season 8, although I find it difficult to believe she would ever head south willingly (unless staying up north meant certain death, I suppose).

This might be the SansayArya plot of season 8.  We are supposed to spend all season wondering if Tyrion is going to betray Dany/hurt Jon and then there will be a "gotcha" where he saves them / has been playing someone else all along.

I am a little confused, because the Season 7 outlines pushed Tyrion's unrequited love for Dany pretty hard, only for that to be more or less completely excised from the finished product. Has it been dropped, are they saving it for Season 8, or is something else going on?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Yep, the more they hype something up the less likely I am to believe it. The Jon/ Sansa conflict, Jon is really dead guys. Of course the actors will follow the company line in an official video but watch other interviews with Kit who's the only main cast member that read the books. He knows the endgame.

I do wonder though, if she even tried to tell them that she wanted to be with Rhegaer, or if she let them go on thinking that she was raped and kidnapped?

I think this is a pretty interesting question given how both the book and the show handled it, aka, to me the show had a lot of major subtext that everyone basically understood that Lyanna dumped Robert for Rhaegar, in open defiance of women doing what they are told to do., but that rather than admit that to themselves Rickard and Robert denied her autonomy and pretended she was being "stolen" and defiled and that it was most injurious to them and their reputations. The books play it closer to the vest but it seems like the realm at large knew what time it was since he made her the Queen of Flowers are whatever at the tournament,  but since Robert won the war, he won the narrative.  I think it will be interesting how they "validate" the narrative of Jon being the true born son of Rhaegar after his death on the Trident. I would think Howland Reed or a Dayne may show up to corroborate Sam and Bran's story.  Eh maybe the maester's diary, will be enough.

• Love 2

I want the Hound and the Mountain grudge match sometime next season.  Although the big guy is now encased in what looks like three inch thick steel armor, how do you kill him?  Stab him through the eye holes I guess.

I want Nymeria and her pack of Direwolves, and Ghost to join in the battle with dragons against the NK. How epic would that be to have the literal representation of those 2 houses fighting together?

• Love 7