Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Take this with salt ( or your favorite condiment ) someone post on FF, that they are keeping a tight grip on Sansa's and Danerys story line, and they each filmed more then we know.

So they're winding up together at the end. I can't say I saw that one coming. ;)

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, screamin said:

So they're winding up together at the end. I can't say I saw that one coming. ;)

The true Ashford Theory payoff!

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, GrailKing said:

Take this with salt ( or your favorite condiment ) someone post on FF, that they are keeping a tight grip on Sansa's and Danerys story line, and they each filmed more then we know.

Dany's pregnancy and maybe Sansa's kidnapping?

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

Some guy who is touring Northern Ireland tweeted that he met Sophie and Maisie in Belfast last Friday at the cinema.  If they were there, they couldn't have been there long, based on subsequent social media posts.

They plus Kit, probably went there after Seville. Maisie or her boyfriend published something on instagram, kit was photographed with a pilot in Belfast and Sophie was M.I.A

Edited by Edith
9 minutes ago, Edith said:

Dany's pregnancy and maybe Sansa's kidnapping?

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

I think the kidnapping wouldn't be a surprise. Ears perked with Sansa telling LF she's safe and home, and Cersei wanting what's hers.

Now how it comes about, that may be.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that whenever possible, they're going to shoot denouement material behind closed doors in an indoor set. Weddings, coronations or funeral don't need to be on location so imo they won't take the risk to film spoilerific scenes outside if they can avoid it.

That's it: "whenever possible." They may have decided that shooting a big scene in an impressive setting was worth the risk. The filming of the Season 7 dragonpit scene spoiled which of the southern players survived Season 7, so it's not as if they haven't done something similar before. That the production is taking precautions they didn't take the last time around--decoy actors, actors staying at different hotels, etc.--suggests to me that something even more important is being shot in Seville this time around.

2 hours ago, screamin said:

With the filming implying that Sansa and Tyrion are in multiple scenes together, what I'm wondering is whether Sansa and Tyrion will be taken prisoner by the Golden Company, and the writers resort to the old trope of having them bond during their imprisonment so they end up together at the end - seems a bit trite, to me.

I doubt Sansa will be inclined to bond with Tyrion in captivity if said captivity is Tyrion's fault for cutting a deal with Cersei instead of getting rid of her when he had the chance.

With that said, I can't deny that the show has set the stage for Sansa to get taken prisoner. Tyrion howeer I'm iffy on, especially since Peter Dinklage was snapped in Belfast the same week that Emilia was shooting her big post-battle scenes (suggesting that Tyrion at least is with Dany after the battle and hasn't been taken prisoner), with Sophie MIA from Belfast that week.

I floated a while ago the theory that Sansa gets kidnapped and that this is the impetus for some combination of Jaime, Sandor, Davos and Arya to mount a rescue mission to save her. It's looking less and less crazy the more info comes out of filming.

2 hours ago, Wouter said:

The original reports talked about stand-ins, rather than stunt people (IIRC WOTW was among those explicitly calling them stand-ins, used for mundane preparation of a shoot so the actor/actress doesn't have to do that part). It's still very possible there was no action scene for Tyrion and Sansa, as neither the setting (historic Italica site) nor the directors (D&D) point toward action.

It sounds as if D&D are indeed trying their hand at a big action shoot for their last episode, and we know from insiders that Kit and Jacob filmed a stunt at Italica, so the "historical site" argument doesn't really fly. (Not to mention that the bloody, action-packed Daznak Pit sequence was also filmed at a historical site.)

55 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I think the kidnapping wouldn't be a surprise. Ears perked with Sansa telling LF she's safe and home, and Cersei wanting what's hers.

I agree, although I can only imagine Sophie's reaction to Sansa winding up a damsel in distress yet again.

Edited by Eyes High
1 minute ago, Eyes High said:

I agree, although I can only imagine Sophie's reaction to Sansa winding up a damsel in distress yet again.

Her and just about every viewer.

Maybe it ties in with Arya's fear and  anger speech. Cersei would be her fire version like Sandor's.

5 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Her and just about every viewer.

Maybe it ties in with Arya's fear and  anger speech. Cersei would be her fire version like Sandor's.

Yes, the show has definitely hinted at Arya having some sort of showdown with Cersei.

To be fair to D&D, Cersei's determination to see Sansa and Tyrion dead is a big sword of Damocles hanging over both characters in the books. I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of their plots in Season 8.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Yes, the show has definitely hinted at Arya having some sort of showdown with Cersei.

To be fair to D&D, Cersei's determination to see Sansa and Tyrion dead is a big sword of Damocles hanging over both characters in the books. I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of their plots in Season 8.

Yeah, both could be fooked.

Just now, GrailKing said:

Yeah, both could be fooked.

I'd be more worried about Sansa's prospects than Tyrion's, although if I'm right with my Seville denouement theory, both Sansa and Tyrion are safe.

Sophie filming in Belfast after Spain puts an end to the "Sophie posted an emotional tweet at the end of Seville filming because it was her last day filming GOT" theory.

According to /DutchArya at /Freefolk, Kit, Liam, and Maisie are in Belfast right now. (Peter was spotted in Belfast on Sunday, so he may still be there as well. Usually when GOT actors are spotted on Sunday in Belfast, it's because they're filming on Monday.) Sophie is in London.

2 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I'd be more worried about Sansa's prospects than Tyrion's, although if I'm right with my Seville denouement theory, both Sansa and Tyrion are safe.

Sophie filming in Belfast after Spain puts an end to the "Sophie posted an emotional tweet at the end of Seville filming because it was her last day filming GOT" theory.

According to /DutchArya at /Freefolk, Kit, Liam, and Maisie are in Belfast right now. (Peter was spotted in Belfast on Sunday, so he may still be there as well. Usually when GOT actors are spotted on Sunday in Belfast, it's because they're filming on Monday.) Sophie is in London.

Is it because she sick, or not needed?

1 hour ago, GrailKing said:

I've never understood why some people associate this with Sansa.  The obvious reading is that it refers to all the kingdoms in rebellion (as Jaime reminded her earlier in the season).

It's often hard for me to make predictions just because the writers of this show often befuddle me, but if Cersei's vendetta against Sansa and/or Tyrion was going to be central to the plot of Season 8, I have no idea why the writers would explicitly defuse what is the main and/or only reason in the show she'd care about Sansa individually, i.e., that she was thought to have murdered Joffrey.  This also applies to Tyrion, to some extent (though Lena Headey apparently played their finale scene together as if Cersei still loves Tyrion deep down, so *shrug*).

1 minute ago, GrailKing said:

Not needed, one imagines, particularly since she apparently went outside today, judging by her Instagram Stories.

If she was in Belfast to film (admittedly not confirmed; I'm usually skeptical of writing off castmember appearances as purely social calls, but we just had some of those in Seville, and they were flying back from Seville, so I could see them deciding to pop over and visit a pub or whatever), then it wouldn't have been Sophie's last day on set in Seville, though it could still be the "Sansa's last scene chronologically" theory).

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SeanC said:

I've never understood why some people associate this with Sansa.  The obvious reading is that it refers to all the kingdoms in rebellion (as Jaime reminded her earlier in the season).

It's often hard for me to make predictions just because the writers of this show often befuddle me, but if Cersei's vendetta against Sansa and/or Tyrion was going to be central to the plot of Season 8, I have no idea why the writers would explicitly defuse what is the main and/or only reason in the show she'd care about Sansa individually, i.e., that she was thought to have murdered Joffrey.  This also applies to Tyrion, to some extent (though Lena Headey apparently played their finale scene together as if Cersei still loves Tyrion deep down, so *shrug*).

I don't necessarily go with it, but many are using it; so it's out there. 

2 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I agree, although I wonder if D&D, having carved away so much of Book Tyrion and Sansa's arcs and ensured that they ran out of plot, are going to essentially sideline them or shuffle them around in a holding pattern for Season 8 until they can be moved to their endgame positions. Having them taken prisoner by Cersei's forces may accomplish that.

9 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Presumably, if she's needed, she's there.

While we're talking about Sophie filming S8 and her scenes overlapping with Peter's, I remember /Kaysen762 at /Freefolk back when she was modding and fielding purported leaks said that someone had told her that Peter and Sophie filmed a scene on a closed set in the fall. Probably bullshit like 95% of /Freefolk leaks, but I wonder. 

11 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Yeah, I remembered that leak.

Me, too, if only because it stuck out. Fake leakers are always making vague noises about closed sets and secret scenes and the like, though.

In light of the discussion about Sansa's S8 arc, I'm reposting what Sophie Turner told Variety about it in December 2017:

How will Sansa fare next season without Littlefinger in her ear?
It’s going to be tricky for her, because at the end of last season, she felt that she had everything set up. She had her family back together. They were in control of the North again. This season, there’s a new threat, and all of a sudden she finds herself somewhat back in the deep end. And without Littlefinger, it’s a test for her of whether she can get through it. It’s a big challenge for her, without this master manipulator having her back. This season is more a passionate fight for her than a political, manipulative kind of fight.
Is that because this season she faces less a political threat and more an existential, zombie sort of threat?
Well, I don’t know. We’ll have to see.

I dunno. Sansa's thrown "back in the deep end"? And she is facing something that's a "big challenge" for her without Littlefinger having her back? Littlefinger would be absolutely useless against the AOTD and the WWs, so I'm not sure that's what she's talking about. On the other hand, Cersei is hardly a "new threat." 

8 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I dunno. Sansa's thrown "back in the deep end"? And she is facing something that's a "big challenge" for her without Littlefinger having her back? Littlefinger would be absolutely useless against the AOTD and the WWs, so I'm not sure that's what she's talking about. On the other hand, Cersei is hardly a "new threat." 

The “without Littlefinger” part may just be her tying into the interviewer’s question, as they framed the issue that way.

The “passionate fight” part makes the most sense as a reference to the AOTD, at least compared to Cersei.  Any Sansa v. Cersei story would presumably be a “political, manipulative kind of fight” that Sophie says this is not (though based on past precedent, it would probably just be Sansa in her prison cell snarking icily at whatever Cersei says, which in the showrunners’ minds is the quintessence of playing the game).

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, SeanC said:

(though based on past precedent, it would probably just be Sansa in her prison cell snarking icily at whatever Cersei says, which in the showrunners’ minds is the quintessence of playing the game)

????

28 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Back into the deep end to me; she has to face her last fear, and we know it's Cersei. and it's in KL which would be the last place she want to go.

From a continuity / story telling thing it be a proper end, it's got to be more dangerous for her then the LF game.

21 minutes ago, SeanC said:

The “without Littlefinger” part may just be her tying into the interviewer’s question, as they framed the issue that way.

The “passionate fight” part makes the most sense as a reference to the AOTD, at least compared to Cersei.  Any Sansa v. Cersei story would presumably be a “political, manipulative kind of fight” that Sophie says this is not (though based on past precedent, it would probably just be Sansa in her prison cell snarking icily at whatever Cersei says, which in the showrunners’ minds is the quintessence of playing the game).

I think it could just as easily be a personal and passionate battle to conquer her fear, but we get a whole year to wait and see.

• Love 1

Was that rumor of Sophie Turner filming on one of the Walls of Kings Landing ever debunked.   I remember many didn't give it credence at the time (I was one of them) because everyone was under the impression Sansa would be in the North but the girl who posted it was adamant that Sophie was filming in Kings Landing with Kit and the show runners were working hard to keep it discreet.

Could Cersei be holding Sansa prisoner and that is the reason for Jon's parley with her in episode 3 or 4?  I can't think of many reasons he would meet with Cersei in a civil manner after finding out that she won't be helping against the White Walkers.

20 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

Was that rumor of Sophie Turner filming on one of the Walls of Kings Landing ever debunked.   I remember many didn't give it credence at the time (I was one of them) because everyone was under the impression Sansa would be in the North but the girl who posted it was adamant that Sophie was filming in Kings Landing with Kit and the show runners were working hard to keep it discreet.

Could Cersei be holding Sansa prisoner and that is the reason for Jon's parley with her in episode 3 or 4?  I can't think of many reasons he would meet with Cersei in a civil manner after finding out that she won't be helping against the White Walkers.

If you're talking of Lena waving or smiling to the camera, and someones GIF of what looks like Jon bending the knee; I myself don't know.

(edited)

If anyone had any doubt that they film out of order. This interview was in April.

11 hours ago, Advance35 said:

Yeah, it was a women from Dubrovnik who published that. She erased the post after some comments, but according to a user from freefolk, she said she was wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

After that there was a post from Boatsexbaby that mentioned the possibility of a third actor in Croatia. The pictures were taken by a tourist/fan and it shows a lot of crew members trying to hide someone, and there was a tall, blonde hair woman there. While this person was leaving in a black SUV, paparazzi were taking pictures of Kit and Lena filming.

There was also a Twitter that published a paper signed by Kit and Isaac. So that third actor, if is true, could be either him or Sophie.

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Edith said:
If anyone had any doubt that they film out of order. This interview was in April.

"It fucked me up. Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavour in someone's mouth of what Daenerys is..." This is from an interview just published at Vanity Fair.

Wait, what? That sounds as if Dany's last scene on the show involves her doing something horrible. Do not want.

On the other hand, she could just be saying that it's a big responsibility to act that last scene, knowing it's going to be the viewer's final impression of Dany. The wording, however--"lasting flavour," "what Daenerys is"?--did not inspire confidence.

Doesn't necessarily mean Dany dies, but maybe she ascends the throne as queen and as her first official act orders up a bunch of executions.

In other news, Emilia Clarke also said this about Dany in S8 in the same article:

Sadly, it’s unclear how much space there will be in the show’s climactic final season for bawdy, Clarke-ish humor. “I’m doing all this weird shit,” Clarke says. “You’ll know what I mean when you see it.”

Sounds interesting. Bring on the weird shit!

While we're talking about Sansa's S8 arc, /jorywea78 over at /Freefolk said that someone told him that if Sophie's body double showed up in Spain, it meant that Sansa would survive the series. /jorywea78's main claim to fame on /Freefolk is being wrong about just about everything, so grain of salt, but it supports my Seville day shoot denouement theory, so I'm running with it.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

"It fucked me up. Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavour in someone's mouth of what Daenerys is..." This is from an interview just published at Vanity Fair.

What I meant if that, she was interviewed back in April. 

The wording, however--"lasting flavour," "what Daenerys is"?--did not inspire confidence.

Agree!

In other news, Emilia Clarke also said this about Dany in S8 in the same article:

I read that it took her 6 weeks to film the wight hunt scene. I wonder how much time she has spent this season.

While we're talking about Sansa's S8 arc, /jorywea78 over at /Freefolk said that someone told him that if Sophie's body double showed up in Spain, it meant that Sansa would survive the series. /jorywea78's main claim to fame on /Freefolk is being wrong about just about everything, so grain of salt, but it supports my Seville day shoot denouement theory, so I'm running with it.

With a HUGE grain of salt. Ha! Although he did mention before any confirmation that there was documentary and interviews going on in Seville. I remember dismissing it because of his records and his obsession with Tyrion’s betrayal and Sansa’s burning/beheading in Winterfell.

He also mentioned before friki/javi, that kit has filmed with Jacob and antother scene with Sophie, but I don’t know if he was being serious or just trying to get a stir up emotions on freefolk. 

Edited by Edith

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/05/emilia-clarke-cover-story

fantastic article. Anyone else pick up on the baby hints?

from the vanity fair article::

Clarke is unsurprisingly, and contractually, evasive when it comes to specifics of the concluding six episodes. Heavy hints in the most recent season indicate that, in addition to contending with the usual climactic end-of-the-world crises, Daenerys will also be grappling with more intimate parenthood and family issues.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Edith said:

What I meant if that, she was interviewed back in April. 

Agree!

I read that it took her 6 weeks to film the wight hunt scene. I wonder how much time she has spent this season.

/itsjayrr on /Freefolk said that Emilia filmed at least 17-18 weeks for Season 8 that are verifiable.

Another poster (dirty_diana05, who also thinks that Sophie filmed in Croatia along with Kit and Lena) said that Sophie has filmed 13-15 weeks so far. (That number seems improbably high to me, given Sophie's extended absences from filming since January, but whatever.)

Both of them would be outpaced by Kit and Maisie, who have been filming more or less continuously since filming started. Now of course we know that filming time doesn't necessarily translate into screen time, and that a lot of the filming over the past few months has been battle stuff that one wouldn't involve Dany or Sansa (since Dany would be on a dragon and Sansa would be elsewhere), but it's a safe bet that Jon and Arya have a lot to do in Season 8.

With a HUGE grain of salt. Ha! Although he did mention before any confirmation that there was documentary and interviews going on in Seville. I remember dismissing it because of his records and his obsession with Tyrion’s betrayal and Sansa’s burning/beheading in Winterfell.

He's still convinced Tyrion's going to betray everyone, even after the Seville news came out. Dude, stop trying to make Tyrion's betrayal happen! It's not going to happen.

He also mentioned before friki/javi, that kit has filmed with Jacob and antother scene with Sophie, but I don’t know if he was being serious or just trying to get a stir up emotions on freefolk. 

/BoatsexBaby, who unlike /jorywea78 unquestionably has inside information, scoffed at his claim that Kit filmed with Sophie on Tuesday afternoon and said that Kit was filming stunt rehearsals with Jacob on Tuesday afternoon...which, given that Kit and Jacob's doubles were in town, makes a lot of sense.

Kit was only on set for five hours on Tuesday afternoon. That's not nearly enough time to arrive, get into costume and makeup, film, and change back, but it's plenty of time to rehearse stunts for a night shoot. Of the two, I'd say /BoatsexBaby is more credible on this particular point.

As for Kit filming with Jacob, /BoatsexBaby couldn't confirm that they filmed something overnight or early Wednesday but seemed to think that they did. As another poster wisely pointed out upthread, you don't rehearse a stunt unless you're going to shoot it, after all.

35 minutes ago, GraceK said:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/05/emilia-clarke-cover-story

fantastic article. Anyone else pick up on the baby hints?

from the vanity fair article::

Clarke is unsurprisingly, and contractually, evasive when it comes to specifics of the concluding six episodes. Heavy hints in the most recent season indicate that, in addition to contending with the usual climactic end-of-the-world crises, Daenerys will also be grappling with more intimate parenthood and family issues.

It sounds like the article author is just guessing about the baby stuff based on the ample hints in S7, as we are.

The article did say that Emilia would be shooting scenes with Sophie and Maisie for the first time, but that's not really any kind of spoiler.

Edited by Eyes High
7 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

t sounds like the article author is just guessing about the baby stuff based on the ample hints in S7, as we are.

A girl can dream can’t she? ??

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

He's still convinced Tyrion's going to betray everyone, even after the Seville news came out. Dude, stop trying to make Tyrion's betrayal happen! It's not going to happen.

Yes, I know that’s why I take everything he says as fake until proven otherwise.

25 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Kit was only on set for five hours on Tuesday afternoon. That's not nearly enough time to arrive, get into costume and makeup, film, and change back, but it's plenty of time to rehearse stunts for a night shoot. Of the two, I'd say /BoatsexBaby is more credible on this particular point.

But we, /Boatsexbaby including, doesn’t know who filmed at night. That’s why she thinks is possible that NCW filmed something, although Javi pretty much said neither him or Lena filmed.

27 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

As another poster wisely pointed out upthread, you don't rehearse a stunt unless you're going to shoot it, after all.

Yeah that was me. I wasn’t sure of that statement because I don’t know that much about filming.

28 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

/itsjayrr on /Freefolk said that Emilia filmed at least 17-18 weeks for Season 8 that are verifiable.

I meant how much time she going to spend filming with Drogon/CGI, especially if she’s doing some weird shit, as Emilia said.

5 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Wait, what? That sounds as if Dany's last scene on the show involves her doing something horrible. Do not want.

On the other hand, she could just be saying that it's a big responsibility to act that last scene, knowing it's going to be the viewer's final impression of Dany. The wording, however--"lasting flavour," "what Daenerys is"?--did not inspire confidence.

Doesn't necessarily mean Dany dies, but maybe she ascends the throne as queen and as her first official act orders up a bunch of executions.

Lasting flavor is a weird way to phrase it. That implies bitter. 

It does sound like Daenerys does something morally ambiguous as her final scene.

Starting to think that Daenerys is the one to blow up KL as her final act after all and she dies from the fall.

• Love 1

"It fucked me up. Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavour in someone's mouth of what Daenerys is..." 

Whatever they filmed, Emilia wasn't happy with it so I doubt her fans will be either. It is looking more and more like I will be giving that HBO subscription a miss.

2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Whatever they filmed, Emilia wasn't happy with it so I doubt her fans will be either. It is looking more and more like I will be giving that HBO subscription a miss.

I don't know, it has multiple meanings.

Just as others have said ( stars and fans ) not everyone will be happy with the ending; this is how I take it.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

What is the positive meaning? Because I am not seeing it.

Emilia said a lasting flavor in someone's mouth, not hers, at least some of the fans will be happy and others won't.

It's as cryptic as Sophie's and others.

You may hate it, I may love it, or vice versa.

1 hour ago, WindyNights said:

It does sound like Daenerys does something morally ambiguous as her final scene.

Starting to think that Daenerys is the one to blow up KL as her final act after all and she dies from the fall.

I actually think that Dany will choose to sacrifice herself and her child to end the Long Night.  I think that Melisandre's visions are correct.  But the visions were about Jon and Dany and not about Stannis.  I think that was the reason why she went to Dany and wanted Jon and Dany to get together.

I like happy endings and I like Jon and Dany.  I would be pleasantly surprised if they rule together and raise a family.  But this ending seems predictable and I think that the baby was introduced too soon.  Anybody watching at the end of last season will assume that Jon and Dany will have a baby that will rule (especially with the heavy baby anvils).

I consider this ending an interesting ending.  But it is also dark, depressing and bitter.  And many people won't be happy with it or like it.  I don't like it.  And if this is Dany's ending I can see why Emilia wasn't happy about it.

But I also consider that Dany is sacrificing herself so that her people can have a better future (which a good leader would do).  Even though sacrificing herself will be a hard decision for Dany, I consider it heroic and selfless on her part. 

God, I hope I'm wrong.  I would rather see Dany and Jon raise their children in Essos.  But for some reason I can't see that happening.

2 minutes ago, Sunshinegal said:

I actually think that Dany will choose to sacrifice herself and her child to end the Long Night. 

I don't see how this would make Emilia talk leaving "a lasting flavour in someone's mouth of what Daenerys is..." Sacrificing her life and her child would be heroic. It sounds more likely Dany does something "negative" that will make some people think badly of her. 

5 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Emilia said a lasting flavor in someone's mouth, not hers, at least some of the fans will be happy and others won't.

It's as cryptic as Sophie's and others.

You may hate it, I may love it, or vice versa.

Yeah, but Emilia clearly thinks whatever it is will be negative in the views of some people. She said it "fucked me up" so she doesn't think that it is good.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

eah, but Emilia clearly thinks whatever it is will be negative in the views of some people. She said it "fucked me up" so she doesn't think that it is good.

Maybe she actually fights dirty. We haven’t seen her really go balls to wall yet . If she’s pregnant, and then finds out Cersei betrays them, Winterfell is sacked, a bunch of Dothraki and unsullied are killed, Jon is actually Aegon, and there’s a chance NK and the AOTD might take over the world who knows? She’s really been holding back this whole series trying to minimize the loss of innocent life as much as possible. Maybe she stops and figures in the grand scheme of things, people will have to die. 

15 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

negative in the views of some people.

Some people see her as negative no matter what she does anyway. ?

watch, if she single handley kills the NK and saves mankind, someone will rant about farmer bob who was accidentally toasted in the crossfire and how Dany shouldn’t have used her Dragon to save humanity ?

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 1
(edited)

Weirdly, this makes me more optimistic.

I don't believe that Emilia Clarke would antagonize D&D by insinuating that her very popular character doesn't end well, or even give any real indication about the nature of her ending whereas mum's the word this season. Imo, it's like Maisie repeating over and over that Jon Snow was dead before S6 or the foot-in-the-mouth HBO exec gleefully implying that everyone dies. Call it trolling or reverse psychology; but I'd be more worried if Emilia was waxing poetic about the Dany/Jon romance and how it was going to be tough but you know, she's already been through so much etc.

I don't find it unusual that Sophie and Emilia film more than it seems. With the former's mostly studio scenes and the latter's dragon CGI scenes, it's only normal that they aren't seen as often as the others. But Sansa getting more airtime and a more important storyline than Jon, since it's what's implied? I'll believe it only when I see it. Everybody's story is kept tightly under wraps, imo; who has an idea of what any character is truly up to beyond "fighting" for some of them ? Actually, we don't even know exactly who and where.

Is it just an impression or is the fandom awfully fast to jump on bad "news" lately?

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I don't see how this would make Emilia talk leaving "a lasting flavour in someone's mouth of what Daenerys is..." Sacrificing her life and her child would be heroic. It sounds more likely Dany does something "negative" that will make some people think badly of her. 

Yeah, but Emilia clearly thinks whatever it is will be negative in the views of some people. She said it "fucked me up" so she doesn't think that it is good.

LOL, yes, and not negative in the view of others.

Now if she said it left a lasting flavor in "MY" mouth, then I think we can edge to a bit more bitter, but the way she said it, it's 50/50 depending on where people stand on Danny, Dragons or some other character.

JMOPOC.

3 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Maybe she actually fights dirty. We haven’t seen her really go balls to wall yet . If she’s pregnant, and then finds out Cersei betrays them, Winterfell is sacked, a bunch of Dothraki and unsullied are killed, Jon is actually Aegon, and there’s a chance NK and the AOTD might take over the world who knows? She’s really been holding back this whole series trying to minimize the loss of innocent life as much as possible. Maybe she stops and figures in the grand scheme of things, people will have to die. 

I will take this. I can see the audience beating up on her if she burns the hell out of her enemies so she and Jon take the Iron Throne.

3 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Some people see her as negative no matter what she does anyway. 

Ha. This is true.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Happy Harpy said:

Weirdly, this makes me more optimistic.

I don't believe that Emilia Clarke would antagonize D&D by insinuating that her very popular character doesn't end well, or even give any real indication about the nature of her ending whereas mum's the word this season. Imo, it's like Maisie repeating over and over that Jon Snow was dead before S6 or the foot-in-the-mouth HBO exec gleefully implying that everyone dies. Call it trolling or reverse psychology; but I'd be more worried if Emilia was waxing poetic about the Dany/Jon romance and how it was going to be tough but you know, she's already been through so much etc.

I don't find it unusual that Sophie and Emilia film more than it seems. With the former's mostly studio scenes and the second dragon CGI scenes, it's only normal that they aren't seen as often as the others. But Sansa getting more airtime and a more important storyline than Jon, since it's what's implied? I'll believe it only when I see it. Everybody's story is kept tightly under wraps, imo; who has an idea of what any character is truly up to beyond "fighting" for some of them ? Actually, we don't even know exactly who and where.

Is it just an impression or is the fandom awfully fast to jump on bad "news" lately?

WRG to their favorite characters, they fear the worst.

Just now, GrailKing said:

LOL, yes, and not negative in the view of others.

Now if she said it left a lasting flavor in "MY" mouth, then I think we can edge to a bit more bitter, but the way she said it, it's 50/50 depending on where people stand on Danny, Dragons or some other character.

JMOPOC.

I could see Dany sacrificing her dragons if it is to the benefit of Westeros and that a lot of people won't like it. 

8 minutes ago, GraceK said:

if Dany fights dirty that will be very interesting. 

22 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I can see people hating on Dany if she sacrifices Jon's child even if it is for a good reason.  Unfortunately some people will hate Dany no matter what she does. 

• Love 1

I expect Dany's sacrifice to be Jon, to save her baby and the world. That could go over badly with Jon's fans (regardless of the fact that Jon would probably be totally onboard with it).

• Love 2

Maybe Dany's sacrifice is to blow up King's Landing in order to destroy the NK & AOTD.  She would save the world, but sacrifice tens of thousands in order to do it.  It would be supremely ironic, and very bittersweet.  (And maybe they find a way to evacuate as many people as possible before destroying the city, and the rest are already ice zombies anyway...)  But still, Dany would be responsible for burning down the city that her father once threatened to burn out of madness.

• Love 4
Just now, screamin said:

I expect Dany's sacrifice to be Jon, to save her baby and the world. That could go over badly with Jon's fans (regardless of the fact that Jon would probably be totally onboard with it).

Just now, Cujoy said:

Maybe Dany's sacrifice is to blow up King's Landing in order to destroy the NK & AOTD.  She would save the world, but sacrifice tens of thousands in order to do it.  It would be supremely ironic, and very bittersweet.  (And maybe they find a way to evacuate as many people as possible before destroying the city, and the rest are already ice zombies anyway...)  But still, Dany would be responsible for burning down the city that her father once threatened to burn out of madness.

I'm fairly certain that King's Landing will burn and I think that it will burn with a combination of dragonfire and wildfire.  I think that all those people in King's Landing is doomed no matter what.  I actually think that Jon or Bran would make the decision to sacrifice King's Landing but I think that Dany will be blamed for it (by Westeros) because she brought the dragons to Westeros.  I also think that Dany will make the decision to sacrifice somebody she loves (Jon or baby) to stop the Night King.

I have a theory that the reason Rhaegar was spotted filming for season 8 relates to the prophecy and that Rhaegar knew that to save Westeros that his family line will end.  It's just a feeling I have and I could be wrong but that is the reason why I think Dany sacrifices her child instead of Jon.  Can anybody give me another reason why Rhaegar was filming this season that will be more shocking or organic?

(edited)
3 hours ago, WindyNights said:

I figured that if KL got nuked that Bran warging Drogon would be behind it, or, as it's known in fandom circles, the Bran Them All theory.

...but yes, it does sound as if Dany's last scene involves something that creates an impression of the character that Emilia doesn't like. However, I think it may just be odd phrasing on Emilia's part to describe the feeling of responsibility of acting the scene that will form the last impression for viewers of Daenerys. She did another interview recently where she was talking about going to pieces during filming her last scene, and the crew was all, "We're just doing a shot of your hand, get a grip." So that sounds a bit more promising.

I was listening to Ramin's new arrangement of Truth, and it sounds like the sort of thing that might be used at the end of the the last episode, since it has the telltale GOT theme introduced partway through. Truth is the Jon/Dany love theme, so maybe that points to the show ending with some sort of resolution to Jon and Dany's love story? If the series really boils down to Jon and Dany as GRRM allegedly told Alan Taylor all those years ago, it would make sense to end with them.

56 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Weirdly, this makes me more optimistic.I don't believe that Emilia Clarke would antagonize D&D by insinuating that her very popular character doesn't end well, or even give any real indication about the nature of her ending whereas mum's the word this season.

Emilia's not really good at trolling, though. She's at much greater risk of accidentally letting something slip than, say, Sophie, who's been expertly trolling fans for years. With that said, on reflection I think Emilia wasn't talking about the substantive content of the last scene but rather the responsibility of creating that final impression of Dany in the last scene. I could be wrong, though.

Actually, we don't even know exactly who and where.

Kit, Maisie, Emilia and Sophie have sufficiently devoted fans that said fans have a very good idea whether or not they're filming at any given time, but everyone else is a bit of a crap shoot. Lena in particular is very good at avoiding attention, so to go by social media sightings you'd think she had hardly filmed at all for Season 8.

Seville has everyone on edge about Dany and Jon. I have my doubts, since I think the Seville day shoots may be denouement material, but I always try to keep in mind that Dany and Jon were intended to survive in GRRM's original outline.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Seville has everyone on edge about Dany and Jon. I have my doubts, since I think the Seville day shoots may be denouement material, but I always try to keep in mind that Dany and Jon were intended to survive in GRRM's original outline.

I'm on edge for Sansa, Jon, Arya and Bran and Brienne. LOL

I'm neutral on Danny

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I am definitely on edge. Any bit of news that suggests Dany and/or Jon's death can set me off. I am trying so hard to hold onto that outline because there is a part of me that doesn't think that Martin really changed anything about who survives, but it is difficult.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Kit, Maisie, Emilia and Sophie have sufficiently devoted fans that said fans have a very good idea whether or not they're filming at any given time, but everyone else is a bit of a crap shoot. Lena in particular is very good at avoiding attention, so to go by social media sightings you'd think she had hardly filmed at all for Season 8.

Sorry, what I meant was: We know that there are battles, but we don't know exactly who and where the characters are fighting on the show. So every storyline, including the general outline, is kept tightly under wraps and not only Dany's and Sansa's.

The timing of the Jon/Dany are doomed theories is extremely interesting. And it's why I won't buy those but with rock-solid evidence.

Edited by Happy Harpy
(edited)
13 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I am definitely on edge. Any bit of news that suggests Dany and/or Jon's death can set me off. I am trying so hard to hold onto that outline because there is a part of me that doesn't think that Martin really changed anything about who survives, but it is difficult.

I feel you sister. I am in the exact same boat, especially when it comes to down to Danys baby having to die. Like really? That just HAS to happen? Dany or Jon won’t be horrible enough, but let’s kill the baby too? What’s bittersweet about that?All these endings just sound horrific and sad to me!! So yes, I’m definitely on edge! ?

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

The timing of the Jon/Dany are doomed theories is extremely interesting. And it's why I won't buy those but with rock-solid evidence.

Can you elaborate please? Why is the timing interesting ?