Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, anamika said:

It's possible that it was just rehearsals if it was a stand in. Like Kit rehearsing fight stunts when he went there.

Again, as per the memo, the amphitheatre is supposed to be closed from the 19th to the 27th. Unless they are using that time to take apart the platform they build, there could very well be more filming taking place there.

But Robin is a Sansa character in the books. His story revolved around her. His life probably depends on her actions there. If her show ending has to align with the book one, why would he not connect with her story on the show towards the end? Just like how Gendry was re-introduced last season and had a big role there, SweetRobin could be re-introduced next season as Lord of the Vale, whose support is conditional.

From the Spain filming, it looks like he has filmed with Sansa in what could be her last scenes.

I personally think that would suck. She has fulfilled her oath to Catelyn and after the way Sansa treated her last season, I think that her last scene should be about her - whether that be going back to Tarth or a scene where she is mourning Jaime or where she is being a knight and saving someone. In the books, her story has been more about Jaime than the Starks anyways. And the show seems to be pivoting in that direction as well from some of the filming spoilers of NCW and Gwen filming at the same time.

I'm pretty SR sure dies in the books though. LF's slowly poisoning him and he's needed it out of the way to marry Sansa to Harry. I mean if Sansa's ending is to be married to Harry the Heir then I guess SR would make a suitable replacement for that.

Edited by WindyNights
12 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Yes but to be fair, The Knights of the Vale featured pretty heavily in the Battle of the Bastards only because Robin, at Littlefingers prompting, told them to go for Sansa. Since season 4 anyway,  Robin has been quietly in the background in the Vale with Littlefinger who has been playing his cousinly duty to Sansa. The Knights of the Vale, which owe their allegiance to Robin Arryn are now just hanging out in Winterfell.  I think he absolutely is attached to Sansas story in the show. They are connected. It’s not a coincidence he’s been seen filming in Seville. Why else would he be there if not for some sort of Connection to the Vale, which Sansa is also involved with in the show? 

He's been a plot device, to be sure.  I was just arguing against the idea that, e.g., Sansa's going to end up married to him or anything like that.  The show has cut down to the bone anything not related to its endgame, and the Vale, specifically, has been reduced to nothing more than its army to be employed elsewhere.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Yes but to be fair, The Knights of the Vale featured pretty heavily in the Battle of the Bastards only because Robin, at Littlefingers prompting, told them to go for Sansa. Since season 4 anyway,  Robin has been quietly in the background in the Vale with Littlefinger who has been playing his cousinly duty to Sansa. The Knights of the Vale, which owe their allegiance to Robin Arryn are now just hanging out in Winterfell.  I think he absolutely is attached to Sansas story in the show. They are connected. It’s not a coincidence he’s been seen filming in Seville. Why else would he be there if not for some sort of Connection to the Vale, which Sansa is also involved with in the show? 

Great Council?

21 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

/BoatsexBaby has now said that Kit and Gwen had stand-ins/doubles who went to Seville as well (we already knew about Peter and Sophie) and is saying that the sighting of Kit, Gwen and Sophie at Stansted last week was actually a sighting of their doubles. (Isn’t Gwen’s stand-in a dude, though? And Sophie’s stand-in has red hair, not blonde.)

So Kit must have filmed something, right? Why else would Kit’s stand-in be needed? But why was Kit’s stand-in flying in on Tuesday when Kit didn’t film anything until the following week?

A person who was at Stansted when their friend took the picture of the cast said that the cast members there included the “knights of the Vale.” Not sure how they would know that unless they meant Yohn Royce (Rupert Vansittart).

Could Kit's double/stand-in be the guy who was in the pool with sophie/maisie and company? He did look like Kit. 

The tweet I posted here from a guy in Spain did mention the whole cast from the Valle. I thought he was wrong or there was a coma missing in the tweet. 

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, SeanC said:

The show has cut down to the bone anything not related to its endgame, and the Vale, specifically, has been reduced to nothing more than its army to be employed elsewhere.

Maybe because GRRM had not written anything there except for 3 measly chapters in 18 years and D&D did not know how to adapt that cumbersome plot with just an outline?

It could be they know how Sansa's story ends there and it involves SweetRobin. So they just took Sansa up North and resolved her LF plot by combining her story with the North plot. And then in the final season, join her back to her Vale plot ending - where one would assume, she is in a position of power in some way after getting rid of LF. Whether that involves her marrying Harry the Heir/SweetRobin - after her marriage to Tyrion is annulled in the last book - remains to be seen.

I also think that Sansa's Vale story will clash with the KL story down south in some way (With GRRM hinting about a possible LF-Varys clash in the future), but maybe all that is too heavy for the show to adapt considering they cut out the entire fAegon plot for Varys and LF got offed by some teenagers. It's also possible that there will be some showdown between Sansa and Cersei since Cersei was such a significant character in Sansa's story early on.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, anamika said:

Maybe because GRRM had not written anything there except for 3 measly chapters in 18 years and D&D did not know how to adapt that cumbersome plot with just an outline?

Whatever the writers' many deficiencies, when a character or element is important, they cram it in.  And it wouldn't have been hard to involve Robin in the show more.  That they didn't, and that they specifically excised essentially all of Sansa's interactions with him, is telling.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Whatever the writers' many deficiencies, when a character or element is important, they cram it in.  And it wouldn't have been hard to involve Robin in the show more.  That they didn't, and that they specifically excised essentially all of Sansa's interactions with him, is telling.

How could they involve Robin in Sansa's plot when they gave her Jeyne Poole's story arc in the North? How would Robin fit in there? They could dump Yohn Royce in there because he is supposedly the leader of their army - as ridiculous as his proclaiming Jon KITN was -  but why would the head of house Arryn hang around in Winterfell? 

What do you suggest they could have done to cram SweetRobin into Winterfell and an already nonsensical and badly written North plot?

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, anamika said:

How could they involve Robin in Sansa's plot when they gave her Jeyne Poole's story arc in the North? How would Robin fit in there? They could dump Yohn Royce in there because he is supposedly the leader of their army - as ridiculous as his proclaiming Jon KITN was -  but why would the head of house Arryn hang around in Winterfell? 

What do you suggest they could have done to cram SweetRobin into Winterfell and an already nonsensical and badly written North plot?

Because the Arryns are allied with the Starks?  There'd be every reason for him to be there, in fact, since apparently all major policy decisions regarding what the alliance does are being run out of there.

Indeed, him being there would arguably have created story opportunities.  You could have shown Sansa gaining influence over Robin in the runup to acting against Littlefinger, most obviously.  That they didn't do any of that, again, indicates, that the Sansa/Robin relationship ultimately isn't important.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Because the Arryns are allied with the Starks?  There'd be every reason for him to be there, in fact, since apparently all major policy decisions regarding what the alliance does are being run out of there.

Indeed, him being there would arguably have created story opportunities.  You could have shown Sansa gaining influence over Robin in the runup to acting against Littlefinger, most obviously.  That they didn't do any of that, again, indicates, that the Sansa/Robin relationship ultimately isn't important.

In book it seems from excerpts, Robyn is smarter and more aware then others think, and then there is the HTH character definitely not in show, could they combine the two and then do a flash forward showing a slow but sure coming together of the two? 

In book I think she wants to get the Vale through either Robert or HTH, thus beating LF, but of course something is about to go down in the Vale.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, SeanC said:

And the time for all this?  Sansa's story seems to be that she gets manipulated by LF - as she seems to be in the books - waking up and realizing that her actions were leading to SR getting killed - and then playing the game against LF and winning.  With the show nearing the end, and Arya and Bran there, are you saying that they should have focused on the Sansa-SweetRobin- LF Vale plot in the North? So what was Arya going to be doing from episode 5 to episode 7?

If they had the time to do a Sansa manipulating anyone plot - they could have done that with Yohn Royce - the person to whom she lied to save LF after he killed Lysa.  Why did Royce not question her about that when she accused LF of Lysa's death? Why was she entertaining LF in WF, if the Lords of the Vale were already on her side?  It's clear that they rushed through the whole North plot because of how badly the whole thing and it's conclusion was written - so how in the world would they put SR in there and write that plot in the time they had? The show did not even have the time to write a proper story for Arya and Bran - who are more important characters in the series and surely deserve more focus than any relationship Sansa has with SR in the books.

Plus, there's the fact that in the books, the Vale stayed out of supporting Robb as KITN and Yohn Royce bending the knee to bastard Jon, may not translate to SweetRobin doing the same. Maybe that's why they kept him out last season, so he could show up this season and throw a spanner in the works. As @GraceK points out, everyone was acting last season like the Vale belonged to Sansa. Not really, it belongs to SR and he may not be too happy about his army being in the North for the whole of winter.

At the end of day, I don't think Sansa's show story thus far is predictive of any future plot for her . The Hound is an important character for book Sansa - we know this from the books - and the show has all but omitted that relationship. As per the show, the only important character in Sansa's arc thus far is LF - because that's the only thing that's been consistent for her in both the books and the show. Now that that's resolved, anything goes as far she is concerned.

5 hours ago, SeanC said:

I would think he would also be worried about other policy decisions affecting the Vale. You know, like Cersei, Euron or Dany attacking the Vale while he is chilling in WF with the entire Vale army for the whole of last season...Considering that Sansa was worried about Cersei attacking the North in Winter, would not SR have similar concerns? Including SR in WF would have led to a whole host of other plot issues. Royce on the other hand had no plot purpose last season other than be an idiot to showcase Smart Sansa.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SeanC said:

Why would Brienne's story end on Tarth?  That's been entirely unimportant to her presence in the series, which has been all about Jaime and the Starks.  If Jaime's gone, I'd expect her final scene to be with the Starks.

It would be an incredibly dissapointing let down of an ending if Brienne were to end the series still serving the Starks. She began the series serving a man with little regard for her and no great feelings of  friendship or anything of the kind. So for her to end the season now just serving Sansa, who again has shown little gratitude or respect for Brienne; which is worse because Brienne owed Sansa nothing and Sansa owes Brienne everything, would be a bitter let down. I would gag if Brienne's storyline to end with Jaime and most likely Pod dead (if filming is any indication) and the only relationships she has left is with two teenagers she has to bow to and walk two steps behind. She deserves so much better than that.  It would be a terrible ending for her to be in the kingsguard as well.

If Tarth has not been a great presence in Brienne's arc, her need to serve and dislike of being in a position of leadership or diplomat has been consistent, (her talk with Podrick, being sent to Riverrun and King's Landing). So for Brienne to eventually come to grips with being a leader would be a logical progression of that arc, and would show her having undergone some developement.

If Brienne really was important to the Starks after saving Sansa, enough to warrant Brienne's arc ending with them, then I would not think the writers would take every oppurtunity to get Brienne away from the Starks, and in pivotal moments in their storylines as well. And if Sansa is going to be the main relationship Brienne has at the end of the series, I would hope the writers would have written scenes in which Sansa showed Brienne something other than basic civility or even the hostility than we have seen the last two seasons.

Mostly, I doubt the woman who yelled out "Fuck loyalty" is going to end the series still bound to the same oaths she made six seasons ago.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, anamika said:

At the end of day, I don't think Sansa's show story thus far is predictive of any future plot for her . The Hound is an important character for book Sansa - we know this from the books - and the show has all but omitted that relationship. As per the show, the only important character in Sansa's arc thus far is LF - because that's the only thing that's been consistent for her in both the books and the show. Now that that's resolved, anything goes as far she is concerned.

Well, no. The show has played up Tyrion/Sansa just as much as the show has downplayed her relationships with Robin and the Hound***, and now it turns out that Tyrion and Robin but not Sandor are sharing one or multiple late season scenes with pretty much everyone on Team Stark including Sansa. If your takeaway from that information is that Sansa’s going to end up marrying Robin and that Tyrion’s only there because he kidnapped Sansa and Team Stark is going to take his evil ass down once and for all....I’d suggest it’s because you don’t want to read the tea leaves, not because you don’t know what they say.

3 hours ago, whateverdgaf said:

So for her to end the season now just serving Sansa, who again has shown little gratitude or respect for Brienne; (...)

And if Sansa is going to be the main relationship Brienne has at the end of the series, I would hope the writers would have written scenes in which Sansa showed Brienne something other than basic civility or even the hostility than we have seen the last two seasons.

Eh, Sansa treats Brienne about as well as Brienne treats Pod, and to be fair to Sansa, she’s bitchy towards everyone these days, just as TV Brienne is, and, I suspect, for much the same reasons (huuuuge trust issues).

***Seriously, I did a list on the Endgame thread of all the show-only Tyrion/Sansa stuff, and it’s a long-ass list. The writers even changed the focus of a lot of the book SanSan stuff in Season 2 in favour of Tyrion/Sansa.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Eh, Sansa treats Brienne about as well as Brienne treats Pod, and to be fair to Sansa, she’s bitchy towards everyone these days, just as TV Brienne is, and, I suspect, for much the same reasons (huuuuge trust issues).

Brienne is training Pod to fight, helping him achieve his dream. Brienne has moments of tenderness and affection with Pod, apologising for being harsh, telling him about Renly and revealing her more vulnerable side, thanking him for congragulating her on rescuing Sansa and setting of a chain of events that had the Stark children reunited. She is brusque and curt but there has come to be an underlying affection. It is a mutually beneficial relationship with love at the core. 

Meanwhile Sansa, who owes Brienne her very life, cannot spare her one kind word. Is civil at best and rude and hostile at worst. Whatever the cause for this behaviousr, it shows a relationship in which one person is all give and the other is all take. Where one cares deeply and the other cannot care less. If this is the relationship Brienne is left with at the end of the show, then as far as I am concerned Brienne's story has been a tragedy. Heck, show wise serving Renly would have been a better place for Brienne to be. Show Renly actually showed her some friendship and offered her kindness when no one else could, as well as giving her an oppurtunity that she would never have found elsewhere. 

Sansa gives Brienne bugger all. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, whateverdgaf said:

Brienne is training Pod to fight, helping him achieve his dream. Brienne has moments of tenderness and affection with Pod, apologising for being harsh, telling him about Renly and revealing her more vulnerable side, thanking him for congragulating her on rescuing Sansa and setting of a chain of events that had the Stark children reunited. She is brusque and curt but there has come to be an underlying affection. It is a mutually beneficial relationship with love at the core. 

Meanwhile Sansa, who owes Brienne her very life, cannot spare her one kind word. Is civil at best and rude and hostile at worst. Whatever the cause for this behaviousr, it shows a relationship in which one person is all give and the other is all take. Where one cares deeply and the other cannot care less. If this is the relationship Brienne is left with at the end of the show, then as far as I am concerned Brienne's story has been a tragedy. Heck, show wise serving Renly would have been a better place for Brienne to be. Show Renly actually showed her some friendship and offered her kindness when no one else could, as well as giving her an oppurtunity that she would never have found elsewhere. 

Sansa gives Brienne bugger all. 

Sansas default setting seems to be bitchy ?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, whateverdgaf said:

I would hope the writers would have written scenes in which Sansa showed Brienne something other than basic civility or even the hostility than we have seen the last two seasons.

Sansa was no worst then Brienne was with Pod, Brienne was rude because she was thinking herself a failure and Pod was holding her back and dim witted.

Sansa was rude because she felt she was old enough to make her own decisions, and she wanted Brienne out of the North so LF couldn't use her and it was only 1 scene not two years.

4 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Sansas default setting seems to be bitchy ?

Well everyone default setting is bitchy after what they went through, Sansa seemed less bitchy then most.

• Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Javi thinks that Kit and Jacob were filming something very late or very early Wednesday morning. Kit was at a late dinner with cast and was out of the hotel by 12 p.m. local time on Wednesday, so he must have pulled an all-nighter. On the other hand, it would accord with /BoatsexBaby's information that Kit and Jacob were doing stunt rehearsals on Tuesday afternoon when Kit was on set. And as pointed out by Edith upthread, it would be very odd for Kit to rehearse a stunt on location without actually filming said stunt.

/BoatsexBaby seems to know a lot about the extras and stand-ins, and has said the following about extras/stand-ins in Seville:

1. GOT flew in extras from Belfast for Seville, and this was partly done to ensure continuity with previous scenes shot in Belfast.

2. Kit, Gwen, Sophie, Peter and Lino all had stand-ins. Maisie's stunt double was there but she didn't have a stand-in of her own, meaning that the other stand-ins were likely doing stunts or at least action as well.

3. Multiple stand-ins filmed on Thursday and /BoatsexBaby has pictures of them leaving by the Italica main entrance.

/BoatsexBaby seems to think that whatever was filmed in the Dragonpit was an action sequence like the Daznak Pit bit in Season 5, which also required stand-ins for Hizdahr, Tyrion, Dany, and Missandei. However, surely the night shoots and the day shoots are for different scenes? And if Kit filmed at night, whatever Jon was doing was separate from whatever was filmed during the day.

38 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Well everyone default setting is bitchy after what they went through, Sansa seemed less bitchy then most.

Excuse you, Pod is a lovely cinnamon roll despite having a Tragic Backstory of his own and putting up with Brienne's bullshit for four seasons.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Sansa was no worst then Brienne was with Pod, Brienne was rude because she was thinking herself a failure and Pod was holding her back and dim witted.

Sansa was rude because she felt she was old enough to make her own decisions, and she wanted Brienne out of the North so LF couldn't use her and it was only 1 scene not two years.

Except Brienne has since then also shown kindness to Podrick, helping him to be a knight by teaching him to fight, and has also shown moments of vulnerability with him. Their relationship is more than Brienne being either civil or rude. It is a relationship both of them benfit from.

Sansa has shown Brienne no kindness, respect or even gratitude, nor is it one where Brienne benefits in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Excuse you, Pod is a lovely cinnamon roll despite having a Tragic Backstory of his own and putting up with Brienne's bullshit for four seasons.

Not my opinion of Pod, that was Brienne's opinion LOL.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Not my opinion of Pod, that was Brienne's opinion LOL.

An opinion initially justified considering he could not fight, cook a rabbit and could barely ride a horse, causing him to be a massive liability and one who could potentially get them both killed. An opinion that changes over the time as they grow closer as Brienne helps him by teaching him to defend himself.

Edited by whateverdgaf
1 minute ago, whateverdgaf said:

An opinion initially justified considering he could not fight, cook a rabbit and could barely ride a horse, causing him to be a massive liability and one who could potentially get them both killed. An opinion that changes over the time as they grow closer as Brienne helps him by teaching him to defend himself.

yes, but after she learns he killed a KG, but her opinion of him was what I described up to that point.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

Brienne is still needlessly bitchy to Pod even after she apologizes to him in early Season 5, though, like her "You have a keen military mind, Pod" crack when Pod observes that it looks like a siege. Maybe Jaime's snark rubbed off on her.

Going back to set spoilers, I feel as if I need a flowchart to keep track of all the information coming out of Seville. The fact that Edmure and Yara's actors were in Seville without any fans knowing about it suggests that there may be other actors who were there that we don't yet know about because they kept a low profile. Javi is convinced that not all of the actors who showed up were there to film, so we'll see.

Edited by Eyes High
Just now, Eyes High said:

Brienne is still needlessly bitchy to Pod even after she apologizes to him in early Season 5, though, like her "You have a keen military mind, Pod" crack when Pod observes that it looks like a siege. Maybe Jaime's snark rubbed off on her.

So making a sarcastic comment is being needlessly bitchy?  It still doesn't compare to the dismissive way Sansa treats Brienne, the lack of respect and gratitude.  The fact is that Brienne may be harsh and snarky to Pod, but she also shows him trust in being vulnerable to him, values his ambitions and furthers them by helping him fight, showing that she cares for him and he matters to her as a person.

Sansa has never done or said anything to indicate that she sees Brienne as being anything other than a useful human shield. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Well, no. The show has played up Tyrion/Sansa just as much as the show has downplayed her relationships with Robin and the Hound***, and now it turns out that Tyrion and Robin but not Sandor are sharing one or multiple late season scenes with pretty much everyone on Team Stark including Sansa.

The show 'played up' Tyrion/Sansa because he told Jon that Sansa was intelligent last season and Jon asked Sansa about Tyrion? Those two lines of dialogue is the show playing up a relationship? And yeah, I went through that list you keep bringing up and that's pretty much a whole bunch of nothing. They had a lot of scenes at the purple wedding because they had to! - they were married and forced to sit through Joffrey's shenanigans. As Sansa has always insisted, Tyrion was kind to her in KL.

Not saying that Sansa and Tyrion are not going to get married. But that would seriously be a shitty ending for Sansa to end up with someone she dislikes and finds physically repulsive.

Sansa was always going to join back up with her Vale plot, so SR making a reappearance towards the end is not surprising for me.  As per BoatsexBaby, looks like Lino did quite a bit of filming with stand-ins as well. It's possible that Sansa gets married to SR or Harry the Heir.

As for the Hound - my point is that he IS an important character in her book story, in her journey. It's not whether he is there with her at the end or not.   The show meanwhile has ignored this relationship. We don't know whether they will address  SanSan in any way next season from some scenes that Sophie has shot in Seville. The Hound is an important character for Sansa because she thinks she loves him, SR is an important character for Sansa because her saving him may be a turning point in the battle for her soul, Tyrion is an important character for Sansa because she is still married to him in the books.  If the argument is that SR is not important in Sansa's narrative because he was absent thus far, my point is that the show has pretty much ignored everyone significant in Sansa's actual book plot except for LF.

Or maybe you can make the argument like some do that show Sansa is not book Sansa and hence her story will be completely different.

If your takeaway from that information is that Sansa’s going to end up marrying Robin and that Tyrion’s only there because he kidnapped Sansa and Team Stark is going to take his evil ass down once and for all....I’d suggest it’s because you don’t want to read the tea leaves, not because you don’t know what they say.

Well, let's wait and see shall we. I don't know if Sansa is going to marry anyone, or end up dying in KL, or is there for a great council representing the North, or is involved in pronouncing judgement on someone, or... I don't know anything about what they filmed there, so I can't come to any definitive conclusions.

Pod and Brienne are the same? Podrick Payne - the poor cousin who joins Brienne as a squire to learn and Brienne - the heir of Lord Tarth, who is only protecting Sansa because of her oath to Catelyn?

And  Sansa's 'trust issues' just means that she's an arrogant ass to everyone around her. 

Like come on. Brienne is an equal to Sansa in terms of rank and Sansa orders her around as if she was a lowly foot soldier. I agree that Sansa pretty much treats everyone the same. But unlike Jon, Brienne does not have to put up with it. Jon is stuck with Sansa. Brienne does not have to be. She has fulfilled her oaths to Catelyn - which is the only reason she was helping Sansa in the first place. She has stated that Arya can take care of herself. I think her 'fuck loyalty' was pretty much her realizing that.  Give Brienne, an ending that's about her - and not about the arrogant Starks that use her as their personal assistant.

Not saying that's not her ending - but that would be pretty disappointing for her character.

If it is Sansa/Tyrion, Brienne stuck with the Starks because Jaime is dead, Jon/Dany dead - like what is sweet about any of this? It's just sad.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1

To be honest, I don't think any ones trust issues will alleviate any time soon.

Going to add : If this weeks shooting has anything with who's ass sits the throne, my tin foil ( one long standing, and both because per GRRM it be a surprise ) is: SR or Bran.

2 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

To be honest, I don't think any ones trust issues will alleviate any time soon.

Going to add : If this weeks shooting has anything with who's ass sits the throne, my tin foil ( one long standing, and both because per GRRM it be a surprise ) is: SR or Bran.

SR is a looooooooong shot. Bran...possible. But it's hard to see the 3ER as King of the 7K. Warden of the North is better - but if the Godswood burns down along with WF, then he will probably not be happy there as well.

I will go with Arya. I am pretty sure she will be in some leadership position at the end - could be WF or KL.

17 minutes ago, anamika said:

SR is a looooooooong shot. Bran...possible. But it's hard to see the 3ER as King of the 7K. Warden of the North is better - but if the Godswood burns down along with WF, then he will probably not be happy there as well.

I will go with Arya. I am pretty sure she will be in some leadership position at the end - could be WF or KL.

I did say tin foil :)

I think the Starks as a whole will be the most powerful house, each remaining Stark possibly holding sway in one way or another, over the other houses.

(edited)
10 hours ago, anamika said:

And the time for all this?  Sansa's story seems to be that she gets manipulated by LF - as she seems to be in the books - waking up and realizing that her actions were leading to SR getting killed - and then playing the game against LF and winning.  With the show nearing the end, and Arya and Bran there, are you saying that they should have focused on the Sansa-SweetRobin- LF Vale plot in the North? So what was Arya going to be doing from episode 5 to episode 7?

Robin being present doesn’t mean he takes over the storyline.  He could, at a minimum, have been the Token Vale Guy and perhaps been shown participating in serious matters.

It ultimately, again, comes down to the fact that if Robin is important to Sansa’s conclusion, or important in any other character sense, the writers would try to include that relationship, and they wouldn’t treat Robin as a one-note joke.  Because if he’s important, then yes, the writers would have to make room for him.

Even with the largely sidelined Sansa/Sandor relationship, Sandor himself is a serious character that the audience is invested in.

I would think he would also be worried about other policy decisions affecting the Vale. You know, like Cersei, Euron or Dany attacking the Vale while he is chilling in WF with the entire Vale army for the whole of last season...Considering that Sansa was worried about Cersei attacking the North in Winter, would not SR have similar concerns? Including SR in WF would have led to a whole host of other plot issues. Royce on the other hand had no plot purpose last season other than be an idiot to showcase Smart Sansa.

Would not Royce, who also lives in the Vale and is much smarter than Robin, logically also have those concerns?  The characters only have issues when the writers want them to.  That’s no bar to including Robin in the Winterfell narrative.  Indeed, since Robin is a one-note idiot, you wouldn’t normally expect him to bring stuff like that up.

34 minutes ago, anamika said:

I think her 'fuck loyalty' was pretty much her realizing that.  

That’s taking that moment entirely out of context.  Brienne said that in response to Jaime implying that she was just parroting the party line.  Brienne rejoined that this was a bigger issue than sides.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, SeanC said:

That’s taking that moment entirely out of context.  Brienne said that in response to Jaime implying that she was just parroting the party line.  Brienne rejoined that this was a bigger issue than sides.

It also indidcates Brienne's current attitude towards vows and loyalty, she no longer holds them sacrosant. Then there is that this scene came after a scene which showed Sansa being rude and  underserving of Brienne's loyalty. Context wise she is saying "Fuck loyalty" to convince Jaime to go against Cersei, but she would not have said it so generally and with such vitriol if she was not in a headspace where she is placing significantly less value on keeping oaths. Meaning her reasons to stay with Sansa are thoroughly diminished.

(edited)
45 minutes ago, SeanC said:

That’s really running wild.

Robin being present doesn’t mean he takes over the storyline.  He could, at a minimum, have been the Token Vale Guy and perhaps been shown participating in serious matters.

It ultimately, again, comes down to the fact that if Robin is important to Sansa’s conclusion, or important in any other character sense, the writers would try to include that relationship, and they wouldn’t treat Robin as a one-note joke.

Even with the largely sidelined Sansa/Sandor relationship, Sandor himself is a serious character that the audience is invested in.

But the token Vale guy who was already there was not used because there was noh time for that. Once again the story was this - LF manipulates Sansa, we get Sansa Vs Arya, Sansa realizes what is happening, takes LF out. I ask again, where would they have fit in the little side plot of SR in WF, getting manipulated by Sansa after she realizes that LF is upto no good? In episode 7? What would be Arya's contribution here?  They cut the pertinent Bran-Sansa scene because they wanted the surprise of the Starks taking down LF. You really think they would have invested in a SR plot? 

The idea that they would have spend time on developing a Sansa-SR relationship last season if the Sansa-SR relationship is important in the future, when Arya and Bran did not even have a bloody plot last season, is what I find funny.

Robin was a one-note joke in season 6. Let's see how he fares next season. He's still in charge of the Vale after all. Not Sansa.

Would not Royce, who also lives in the Vale and is much smarter than Robin, logically also have those concerns?  The characters only have issues when the writers want them to.  That’s no bar to including Robin in the Winterfell narrative.  Indeed, since Robin is a one-note idiot, you wouldn’t normally expect him to bring stuff like that up.

Royce is not the Lord of the Vale. And Royce is smart?! LOL! The point being that the Vale army, the Vale, nothing belongs to Royce. He was just a prop last season. But just like Sansa has concerns, as Lady of WF,  about Cersei attacking WF, would not Robyn, as Lord of the Vale have the same concerns for the Vale? Which is my point. SR is not Royce or the Northern lords. He is like Euron and Ellaria and Sansa - the head of an important house. He would have even be seated by Sansa instead of with the rest of the Lords.

And if Robin is a one-note idiot, why even have him there - there's no time for a story revolving around Sansa manipulating a one-note idiot who wants to go home.

No, that's about Brienne realizing that loyalty was not the be-all and end-all of life. Here's Gwen's take on it:

Brienne starts to question those preconceived ideas…of how her life should be, how she should live her life, what loyalty truly means. Does loyal mean adhering blindly to someone who perhaps is making poor decisions, or does it mean trying to steer them towards the better way?”

She is already having doubts with her experience with Sansa and when Jaime does the same wrt to Cersei, she's like 'fuck loyalty'.

We did see her try to warn Sansa about LF several times and get shut down. And then gets send off by Sansa on LF's advice. Like seriously, I don't see a reason for Brienne to stick around with Sansa anymore. Her duty is done. She tried advising and helping Sansa - Sansa did not want that advice or help. So why stay?

Also:

It’s worth noting that when Christie was asked for her idea for Brienne’s perfect ending she didn’t mention any love interest. Instead, Christie envisions Brienne riding into the sunset, closely followed by Pod, heading home to Tarth and the “Finishing School for Unconventional Young Ladies” that she’s established there.

http://watchersonthewall.com/gwendoline-christie-game-thrones-season-7-newsweek-interview/

So atleast Gwendoline wants something better for her character than being stuck as Sansa's personal assistant. This is what I would like for Brienne as well since Jaime is most probably doomed. Riding off into the sunset, either going home to Tarth or being a knight and helping people.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Javi thinks that Kit and Jacob were filming something very late or very early Wednesday morning. Kit was at a late dinner with cast and was out of the hotel by 12 p.m. local time on Wednesday, so he must have pulled an all-nighter. On the other hand, it would accord with /BoatsexBaby's information that Kit and Jacob were doing stunt rehearsals on Tuesday afternoon when Kit was on set. And as pointed out by Edith upthread, it would be very odd for Kit to rehearse a stunt on location without actually filming said stunt.

/BoatsexBaby seems to know a lot about the extras and stand-ins, and has said the following about extras/stand-ins in Seville:

1. GOT flew in extras from Belfast for Seville, and this was partly done to ensure continuity with previous scenes shot in Belfast.

2. Kit, Gwen, Sophie, Peter and Lino all had stand-ins. Maisie's stunt double was there but she didn't have a stand-in of her own, meaning that the other stand-ins were likely doing stunts or at least action as well.

3. Multiple stand-ins filmed on Thursday and /BoatsexBaby has pictures of them leaving by the Italica main entrance.

/BoatsexBaby seems to think that whatever was filmed in the Dragonpit was an action sequence like the Daznak Pit bit in Season 5, which also required stand-ins for Hizdahr, Tyrion, Dany, and Missandei. However, surely the night shoots and the day shoots are for different scenes? And if Kit filmed at night, whatever Jon was doing was separate from whatever was filmed during the day.

If there are night shoots and action scenes, this means that the war is still going on in 8x06 or are these for 8x05? The final scenes could still be a time jump filmed in Seville. Dany is still missing from these scenes.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)
2 hours ago, anamika said:

And yeah, I went through that list you keep bringing up and that's pretty much a whole bunch of nothing.

Funny you should say that, because SanSan shippers have been complaining at length about every item on that list for quite some time. My ears are still ringing from the howls of outrage after Season 2 aired, and it was only downhill from there. It may be "a whole bunch of nothing" to you, but it sure isn't nothing to them. They also seem awfully invested in Tyrion executing a last-minute betrayal of Team Stark. I wonder why, although I have my suspicions.

Sansa was always going to join back up with her Vale plot, so SR making a reappearance towards the end is not surprising for me.  As per BoatsexBaby, looks like Lino did quite a bit of filming with stand-ins as well. She could get married there as well.

Sure, she could, theoretically, but even Book Sansa would rather be married to Book Tyrion (and that's Book Tyrion, not warm, sympathetic, sensitive Peter Dinklage Tyrion) than Robin, which I think we can all agree is really saying something.

As for the Hound - my point is that he IS an important character in her book story, in her narrative arc, her journey.

In her book story, yes, but not in the show, just as with Robin. And as other posters have pointed out, if the writers deliberately excised most elements of that relationship from the show, there was probably a reason for it.

or is there for a great council representing the North, or is involved in pronouncing judgement on someone, or... I don't know anything about what they filmed there, so I can't come to any definitive conclusions.

Sure, and it's way too early to come to any conclusions about what's going on during those scenes, not that that's ever stopped anyone, heh. We don't know much, and even if we did know that it was the last scene in the show--which we don't--the mere presence of Tyrion and Sansa doesn't mean that they wind up together, particularly if it is a Great Council summoning the various lords and ladies from the different corners of Westeros (as Yara, Edmure and Robin's presence may suggest). Tyrion could well be repping Casterly Rock and Sansa repping Winterfell, and ne'er the twain shall meet, etc. etc., and indeed if it is a Great Council after all, my prediction would be that Sansa and Tyrion are there representing their respective interests, not as any sort of couple.

With that said, if you know that there's a scene near the end of the show with Sansa, Tyrion, Robin, Gendry, and Arya, and your conclusion from that information is "Sansa is marrying Robin" or "Sansa is marrying Gendry," I'd say it's a fair assumption that you haven't read the books and you sure haven't watched the show.

If there are night shoots and action scenes, this means that the war is still going on in 8x06 or are these for 8x05? The final scenes could still be a time jump filmed in Seville. Dany is still missing from these scenes.

/BoatsexBaby said there would be 8x05 and 8x06 scenes filmed in Seville. We have no Sapochnik sightings over the past week, so it's anyone's guess what was filmed when. There's also talk that some actors were only in town to film promotional material and interviews.

This as far as I can tell is the breakdown day by day (and this is just guesses cobbled together with tidbits that we know):

Filmed on all four days: Peter, Sophie, Isaac, Maisie, and possibly others 

Confirmed stand-ins or doubles in Seville: Peter, Sophie, Maisie, Gwen, Kit, Lino

1. Possible Wednesday night shoot: I have my doubts about this one, since much of the cast was at a soccer match. Possibly involved Tom and Faye, since Faye was spotted during the day with the kind of braids used for a bald cap. Possibly involves Liam and Peter, since there was a supposed night shoot. What's also possible is that the no-shows at the soccer match were filming something at the same time: Tom and Faye, maybe.

2. Thursday day shoot: Stand-ins for Peter and Sophie (as well as other stand-ins, one assumes) film, as well as the actors they're doubling for (I'm guessing). Fog machine rumoured to be involved. Conleth and NCW are not filming during the day.

3. Thursday night shoot: NCW (NCW leaves the next morning and attended a soccer match on Wednesday night), maybe Liam and Peter. Tom and Joe are spotted out on the town, so no Jaqen or Gendry (or the Waif, either, since I'm guessing Jaqen and the Waif are a package deal).

4. Friday day shoot: Gwen, Joe and Liam spotted at Santiponce (near Italica)

5. Weekend: Something involving Lena, maybe? Gemma posts a picture on IG showing that she's in Seville.

6. Sunday: Peter, Sophie, Maisie and John spotted at the hotel hanging out, so no filming, Lena leaves. Jacob is spotted for the first time.

7. Monday day shoot: Lino, Iain, Sophie, and Maisie were filming, Vlad filmed without makeup, Peter was spotted leaving the hotel very early on Monday morning so he was on set as well. Kit visits the set in the evening but doesn't film anything during the day.

8. Monday night shoot: Not clear (the tidbit about Liam and Peter's rumoured night shoot came out before Monday night, I believe). Maybe involving Kit, if there is one?

9. Tuesday day shoot: Sophie shoots something, Unsullied extras wrap and take a photo with Vlad (NK, stunt guy). Sophie posts emotional tweet. Kit and Jacob rehearse a stunt. Kit goes out to dinner with Maisie and company.

10. Wednesday morning: Kit and Jacob possibly film something (the stunt they rehearsed, I guess). The cast packs up and leaves.

I'm thinking that there were at least two sets of scenes: whatever was filmed during the day and whatever was filmed at night. If so, the night scenes are likely from 8x05 and the day scenes are from 8x06. NCW may have filmed a night scene. On the other hand, Sapochnik was supposed to be filming the KL roast scenes last week, so there couldn't have been any 8x05 scenes filmed without him. So who knows? Maybe all the day and night shoots from last week were from 8x06.

Another possibility--bear with me--is that Mariabazn_ was right and there was a Tyrion/Varys scene filmed from 8x05 on April 23rd. I don't know how that lines up with the timing, though.

While we're talking about spoilers, it seems clear that Javi doesn't know as much as he thinks. He stubbornly insisted that not everyone had left Seville when source on the ground were insisting otherwise, and it was only when Kit and the cast were spotted in England that he admitted that there was no more filming. So when he's talking about rumoured night shoots and the rest...grain of salt, is all I'm saying.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, anamika said:

But the token Vale guy who was already there was not used because there was noh time for that. 

Royce wasn’t used much because he’s not an important character and the show doesn’t need to give him character development.  He’s a background figure used to represent the Vale.

I ask again, where would they have fit in the little side plot of SR in WF, getting manipulated by Sansa after she realizes that LF is upto no good? In episode 7? What would be Arya's contribution here?  They cut the pertinent Bran-Sansa scene because they wanted the surprise of the Starks taking down LF. You really think they would have invested in a SR plot? 

It’s no great thing to give him a couple of lines here and there.  Have him in the trial scene and make a point of Sansa proving to him that Littlefinger killed Lysa (which Littlefinger readily confessed to).

The idea that they would have spend time on developing a Sansa-SR relationship last season if the Sansa-SR relationship is important in the future, when Arya and Bran did not even have a bloody plot last season, is what I find funny.

Arya and Bran did have a plot last season.  They didn’t have separate plots, at least past a certain point, but that’s not the same thing.

Robin was a one-note joke in season 6. Let's see how he fares next season. He's still in charge of the Vale after all. Not Sansa.

Robin has been a one-note joke in every season of the show.  That tells you something.

Royce is not the Lord of the Vale. And Royce is smart?! LOL! The point being that the Vale army, the Vale, nothing belongs to Royce. He was just a prop last season. But just like Sansa has concerns, as Lady of WF,  about Cersei attacking WF, would not Robyn, as Lord of the Vale have the same concerns for the Vale? Which is my point. SR is not Royce or the Northern lords. He is like Euron and Ellaria and Sansa - the head of an important house. He would have even be seated by Sansa instead of with the rest of the Lords.

Smarter than Robin, is what I said, which he clearly is.

Royce isn’t Lord of the Vale, but he is Lord of Runestone, which is in the Vale.  He obviously would be concerned about it.

Even assuming the show felt bound to that logic about the seating arrangements, so?

And if Robin is a one-note idiot, why even have him there - there's no time for a story revolving around Sansa manipulating a one-note idiot who wants to go home.

If you concede that he’s a one-note idiot, that proves me point that he’s not a meaningful character.  Sansa’s not going to be married off to one of the clowns.  The point being that the show had opportunities to add depth, but have consistently not done so.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have a lot of sympathy for showRobin. His father is murdered while he is really young, his mother is insane and keeps him so attached he grows up warped, then she is murdered but he thinks she killed herself and abandoned him, then the only parental figure he knows continues to manipulate him but he still decides to help rescue his cousin who he only met for a short time, then that Father figure also doesn’t come back. I mean, I wouldn’t call him an idiot. He hasn’t had much of a chance to be normal has he? He’s warped mentally. He could be a lot more cuckoo bananas than he is.

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, GraceK said:

I have a lot of sympathy for showRobin. His father is murdered while he is really young, his mother is insane and keeps him so attached he grows up warped, then she is murdered but he thinks she killed herself and abandoned him, then the only parental figure he knows continues to manipulate him but he still decides to help rescue his cousin who he only met for a short time, then that Father figure also doesn’t come back. I mean, I wouldn’t call him an idiot. He hasn’t had much of a chance to be normal has he? He’s warped mentally. He could be a lot more cuckoo bananas than he is.

You can certainly sum all that up and pitch it as a very sympathetic backstory, but that’s just not how the show has ever played it.  We’re supposed to laugh/cheer when Sansa smacks him because he’s a little twerp, his attempt at training was again played for laughs because he’s a weakling, and his most recent scene plays him as an oblivious doofus who is more interested in his pet bird than matters of state and is manipulated by Littlefinger with comical ease.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Robin has been a one-note joke in every season of the show.  That tells you something.

I have a bit of a warped sense of humour, but I thought that Robin accepting Littlefinger's gift of a toy bird and then instantly tossing it out the Moon Door was probably the single funniest moment of the show.

Sansa’s not going to be married off to one of the clowns.

I don't know that she's going to be married off at all. The show seemed to be pointing towards an endgame where Sansa is the single Lady of Winterfell. If she marries anyone, though, I agree that it won't be Robin.

In addition to giving the character more depth (and brains), I also think that they would have recast Robin with a more attractive, experienced actor in later seasons if they intended to do anything more substantial with the character, much like they did with Myrcella.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, SeanC said:

You can certainly sum all that up and pitch it as a very sympathetic backstory, but that’s just not how the show has ever played it.  We’re supposed to laugh/cheer when Sansa smacks him because he’s a little twerp, his attempt at training was again played for laughs because he’s a weakling, and his most recent scene plays him as an oblivious doofus who is more interested in his pet bird than matters of state and is manipulated by Littlefinger with comical ease.

I agree with the attempt at training part being played for laughs. That was definitely supposed to be a comical scene. I disagree with the other 2. The first scene I don’t we were supposed to cheer Sansa. She was being just as much of a brat as he was. He knocked over one part of her snow castle by accent and she throws a fit about how’s it’s ruined and they start yelling at each other and she smacks him.  That scene was to show how young she actually was and just how creepy it was when Littlefinger kisses her a few moments later. It was a constrast IMO. The other scene with the Falcon  I think was less about Robin himself and more about how Littlefinger was able to so swiftly turn the accusation that Royce was leveling at him against Royce himself, and to show just how much power Littlefinger actually had over the boy and manipulative he was. None of that changes the fact that Robin is a child himself, whose mother was insane and whose Father was also murdered. He actually does have a sympathetic backstory and has basically been manipulated this entire time by everyone around him. 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I have a bit of a warped sense of humour, but I thought that Robin accepting Littlefinger's gift of a toy bird and then instantly tossing it out the Moon Door was probably the single funniest moment of the show.

I’ll concur that that was quite funny, especially since they didn’t oversell it.

I don't know that she's going to be married off at all. The show seemed to be pointing towards an endgame where Sansa is the single Lady of Winterfell. If she marries anyone, though, I agree that it won't be Robin.

I agree that it’s quite possible or even probable that the series ends without addressing the future of House Stark beyond the present generation.  There’s no pressing need to tell us if/with whom Sansa or Arya eventually had children, assuming that their love stories (or political entanglements) with the father aren’t part of the current narrative.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I’ll concur that that was quite funny, especially since they didn’t oversell it.

I agree that it’s quite possible or even probable that the series ends without addressing the future of House Stark beyond the present generation.  There’s no pressing need to tell us if/with whom Sansa or Arya eventually had children, assuming that their love stories (or political entanglements) with the father aren’t part of the current narrative.

I said in the Endgame thread that GOT isn't going to be like Harry Potter with everyone pairing off at the end, but I think Sophie did say something about a lot of relationships forming in S8 (or words to that effect), so I'm no longer sure, although it's possible that she meant non-romantic relationships as characters who have never met before form new friendships.

Someone on /Freefolk claimed that whenever Sophie has filmed for Season 8, Peter has as well, although Sophie has filmed so little over the past few months and Peter is so rarely sighted in Belfast that I don't know whether there's any truth to it. I'd have to go back to the fall when both of them were filming more. Peter and Sophie seemed to be filming simultaneously in Seville, at any rate.

Edited by Eyes High
49 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I think Sophie did say something about a lot of relationships forming in S8 (or words to that effect)

That could be Brienne and Jaime and Arya and Gendry. 

Since Edmure, Robin, Jaqen and the rest are back for S8, do you think D&D will change their mind (from S7 outline) and bring Meera Reed back? 

I would like to see archmaester Ebrose in the last season as well.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

If there are night shoots and action scenes, this means that the war is still going on in 8x06 or are these for 8x05? The final scenes could still be a time jump filmed in Seville. Dany is still missing from these scenes.

If scenes from the Italica site are needed in both 8x05 and 8x06 (or even 8x04), they will all be filmed when the site is available for filming. Even though 8x05 has a different director than 8x06, I suppose they may well go for whatever director has more work to do (in that case presumably D&D, as directors of 8x06) especially if the other director is not avalaible at that time. 

Scenes are quite often moved from one episode to another in editing, which means that a given director for an episode did not necessarily oversee 100% of that single episode.

16 hours ago, WindyNights said:

I'm pretty SR sure dies in the books though. LF's slowly poisoning him and he's needed it out of the way to marry Sansa to Harry. I mean if Sansa's ending is to be married to Harry the Heir then I guess SR would make a suitable replacement for that.

I doubt that is the point of that storyline. Sansa marrying Harry (presumably for Harry to meet with an accident after they get a heir) is an LF plot, so is the slow poisoning of SR. As could be expected from the books and as happened on the show, Sansa will turn on LF at some point. Since LF is very unlikely to be able to set Sansa against Arya in the books (she's presumed dead, after all, and if she meets Sansa in the Vale she's very likely to keep a low profile), setting Sansa up against SR is quite likely to be the equivalent breaking point in the books, leading to LF's death at Sansa's hands (even if indirect).

Since Tyrion isn't going away anytime soon, LF would be unlikely to be able to go ahead with the marriage before Sansa turns on him, possibly taking Harry along on the ride (or Harry may die in the coming tournament, for the same money).

I'm happy to hear that Tobias Menzies may have been sighted, I was hoping for Edmure to survive. One of the more pleasant book characters, IMO.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Wouter said:

I'm happy to hear that Tobias Menzies may have been sighted, I was hoping for Edmure to survive. One of the more pleasant book characters, IMO.

Same. In my opinion, Tobias is one of the better actors on the show, too.

1 hour ago, nikma said:

That could be Brienne and Jaime and Arya and Gendry. 

Absolutely. It may feel like a lot of relationships in between the established couples (Grey Worm/Missandei and Sam/Gilly) and all the new budding relationships (Jon/Dany, Jaime/Brienne, Arya/Gendry, etc.).

Since Edmure, Robin, Jaqen and the rest are back for S8, do you think D&D will change their mind (from S7 outline) and bring Meera Reed back? 

That would be great, but I don't know, since they probably had a firm idea of Bran's endgame when they wrote her out.

1 hour ago, Wouter said:

If scenes from the Italica site are needed in both 8x05 and 8x06 (or even 8x04), they will all be filmed when the site is available for filming. Even though 8x05 has a different director than 8x06, I suppose they may well go for whatever director has more work to do (in that case presumably D&D, as directors of 8x06) especially if the other director is not avalaible at that time. 

Scenes are quite often moved from one episode to another in editing, which means that a given director for an episode did not necessarily oversee 100% of that single episode.

I doubt that is the point of that storyline. Sansa marrying Harry (presumably for Harry to meet with an accident after they get a heir) is an LF plot, so is the slow poisoning of SR. As could be expected from the books and as happened on the show, Sansa will turn on LF at some point. Since LF is very unlikely to be able to set Sansa against Arya in the books (she's presumed dead, after all, and if she meets Sansa in the Vale she's very likely to keep a low profile), setting Sansa up against SR is quite likely to be the equivalent breaking point in the books, leading to LF's death at Sansa's hands (even if indirect).

Since Tyrion isn't going away anytime soon, LF would be unlikely to be able to go ahead with the marriage before Sansa turns on him, possibly taking Harry along on the ride (or Harry may die in the coming tournament, for the same money).

LF is prophecized to meet his end at Winterfell hence a maid slaying a giant at the castle made of snow.

Tyrion doesn't have to die for the marriage to go away either. LF can just use the fact that Tysha and Tyrion married to annul Sansa's marriage.

• Love 1

plausible update 

tldr; Episide 5. No Daenerys around. No Cersei around either. Daenerys' armies enter KL without much of a fight. Jon is leading the Unsullied. Jon and Arya head to the Red Keep leading the Unsullied. Corpses everywhere and many of them decomposing. Lots of starved people. Jon covers his nose to because of the smell.

SR, Sam and Jaquen are definitely there in KL. SR's actor has been at the KL set in Belfast since January.

There was going to be a major battle at Riverrun but they combined it with Winterfell's Battle and just made that battle bigger.

I think this information about Riverrun is what makes me question his legitimacy. Only D&D, Cogman, Nutter, Sapocnik or people who are really really high in hierarchy would know that. Not a random extra. 

18 minutes ago, WindyNights said:
plausible update 

It's only plausible for those unaware of Fake Leak 101: wait until set spoilers come out, incorporate said spoilers into your "leaks," throw in a bit of not-outrageous information to give it a veneer of respectability, and voila!

...You'll note that this dude said nothing about Jaqen, Sam and Robin in KL before the Seville spoilers came out, but now that we know Lino filmed in Seville, he suddenly has this inside scoop?

3 minutes ago, nikma said:

I think this information about Riverrun is what makes me question his legitimacy. Only D&D, Cogman, Nutter, Sapocnik or people who are really really high in hierarchy would know that. Not a random extra. 

Exactly.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm both frustrated and impressed with how well D&D and HBO kept secrets and prevent any leaks about S8.

The only thing that we really know about S8 is that there will be battles at WF and KL. And we don't even know who will be fighting in thise battles LOL. 

Edited by nikma
  • Love 1

All the stuff around Seville filming has been the liveliest this production cycle has been.  Of course, after last cycle was dominated by all the debates about the Lads leaks, probably anything less than another massive leak would be a bit dull by comparison.

• Love 1

It was lively and confusing. We know nothing. Still. After 7 months of filming.

I remember in S5 and S6 we had leaks from extras about Hardhome and BOTB. Now we don't even now who is fighting where. Are the WW at KL? Golden Company at WF?