Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Below is a Solo promo interview with Emilia from yesterday, I think. She mentions that she is on a break from GoT filming for two weeks and what is going on in Belfast is on her mind at the 1:50 mark. This suggests that she won't be in Seville and has more filming to do in Belfast.

Edited by SimoneS
3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Below is a Solo promo interview with Emilia from yesterday, I think. She mentions that she is on a break from GoT filming for two weeks and what is going on in Belfast is on her mind at the 1:50 mark. This suggests that she won't be in Seville and has more filming to do in Belfast.

Thank God ??

(edited)
24 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

If both Jon and Dany are dead, what are they filming for the next two months? 

The show is filmed out of order. That being said, I have no idea what’s being filmed over the next two months. KL exterior stuff, maybe?

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

I could see 1 or 2.  I'm not sure 3 would warrant a tweet, but then, psychoanalyzing what would prompt a given castmember to give a particular statement is often a crapshoot that has misled many a fan over the years.  1A I doubt simply because I don't think she'd hint at a major plot development in such a manner.

Though now that I think about it, it could also be:

4.  Sophie posted this tweet to deliberately rile people up and get them speculating, just as the cast often does with their pre-premiere public statements.

I guess we'll know, to some extent, based on whether she's seen in filming areas more.

Oona tweeted just after shooting the RW that it was a day she would never forget and a day “you will never forget,” hash tagging it #GameofThrones. Fans knew exactly what she meant, but the tweet stayed up.

Sophie does troll, but it’s usually facetious stuff like saying she thinks LF and Sansa make a great couple. This seemed different in that it seemed heartfelt and, if it’s true that some cast members are leaving Seville tomorrow, the timing is unlikely to be a coincidence.

Mariabazn_ on Twitter tweeted that she met Kit, Isaac, Liam and Lino, so they’re all still in Seville. The real test will be who (if anyone) leaves tomorrow.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)

I think whatever they were filming must have been a hard or emotional shoot for Sophie. I think she's usually friendly towards fans - but she was pretty much the only actor who was not signing autographs for the fans on their way back to the hotel. She was supposedly filming yesterday, but Maisie, Isaac, John, Liam, Jacob and Gwen all stayed back to sign and one fan said that they noticed Sophie going into the hotel. Whether that's her last scene, her last scene with a particular actor, her crying for Jon/Dany's death scene, Arya/Bran dying, her death scene, her getting crowned Queen of the 7K, Queen of the North, her getting married to SR - who knows at this point.

I also think she has rejoined with her book Vale story whatever that is and Lino being there for the whole week she was and filming with her indicates that. I don't think this was any great council scenes but just small scenes shot here and there with the different groups of characters. We still don't know which location they filmed in.

And while I am glad that Isaac is doing so much filming, I hope Bran is no longer robotic because I just cannot stand that monotonous way of talking he does on the show. It's pretty grating.

As for Jon/Dany - yeah, I don't think we can conclude anything from this. Whether they die, whether they rule, whether their baby takes over. I listened to Emilia's interviews but she is the worst - just kidding. But I don't think we can get anything from her. As someone mentioned above, I am tired of the word bittersweet. But I did appreciate Joe Dempsie's take on it  - an ending that people will like upon reflection.

So in conclusion, I am back to:

untitled-263.gif?w=760&key=c8f7ad425f41d

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, anamika said:

I think whatever they were filming must have been a hard or emotional shoot for Sophie. I think she's usually friendly towards fans - but she was pretty much the only actor who was not signing autographs for the fans on their way back to the hotel. She was supposedly filming yesterday, but Maisie, Isaac, John, Liam, Jacob and Gwen all stayed back to sign and one fan said that they noticed Sophie going into the hotel. Whether that's her last scene, her last scene with a particular actor, her crying for Jon/Dany's death scene, her death scene, her getting crowned Queen of the 7K, Queen of the North - who knows at this point.

I also think she has rejoined with her book Vale story whatever that is and Lino being there for the whole week she was and filming with her indicates that. I don't think this was any great council scenes but just small scenes shot here and there with the different pairs of characters. We still don't know which location they filmed in.

And while I am glad that Isaac is doing so much filming, I hope Bran is no longer robotic because I just cannot stand that monotonous way of talking he does on the show. It's pretty grating.

As for Jon/Dany - yeah, I don't think we can conclude anything from this. Whether they die, whether they rule, whether their baby takes over. I listened to Emilia's interviews but she is the worst - just kidding. But I don't think we can get anything from her. As someone mentioned above, I am tired of the word bittersweet. But I did appreciate Joe Dempsie's take on it  - an ending that people will like upon reflection.

That GIF never gets old ?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, anamika said:

I think whatever they were filming must have been a hard or emotional shoot for Sophie. I think she's usually friendly towards fans - but she was pretty much the only actor who was not signing autographs for the fans on their way back to the hotel. She was supposedly filming yesterday, but Maisie, Isaac, John, Liam, Jacob and Gwen all stayed back to sign and one fan said that they noticed Sophie going into the hotel. Whether that's her last scene, her last scene with a particular actor, her crying for Jon/Dany's death scene, Arya/Bran dying, her death scene, her getting crowned Queen of the 7K, Queen of the North, her getting married to SR - who knows at this point.

I also think she has rejoined with her book Vale story whatever that is and Lino being there for the whole week she was and filming with her indicates that. I don't think this was any great council scenes but just small scenes shot here and there with the different groups of characters. We still don't know which location they filmed in.

Bran's never coming back. It's his bittersweet ending. Death of personality.  The outline even mentions that Bran doesn't even care about House Stark.

That said, it seems Seville was Episode 6 after all and everyone that filmed there likely survived to the end including Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Gendry.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

That said, it seems Seville was Episode 6 after all and everyone that filmed there likely survived to the end including Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Gendry.

Is this confirmed? 

(edited)
13 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Bran's never coming back. It's his bittersweet ending. Death of personality.  The outline even mentions that Bran doesn't even care about House Stark.

I don't think we can be definitive about Bran considering that we will never see robo Bran in the books, nerfed so that Sansa can be lady of WF. I am pretty certain that's a show only change, so we may revert back to book Bran in the final season.

As for predictions on who survives based on Seville filming, also include  SweetRobin, Yara, Jorah, Davos, Jaime, Brienne, Varys. Jaqen and Cersei.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, anamika said:

F. I am pretty certain that's a show only change, so we may revert back to book Bran in the final season.

I hope so. RoboBran came out of nowhere anyway. Max Von Sydows Three eyed raven still managed to have a personality and radiated feelings. Even Bran in the finale of Season 6 after he became the three eyed raven was still normal. It was only in season 7 when they suddenly re set his personality to become Google Bran with the dead eyes and no soul.

• Love 3

If all the characters that filmed in Seville survived, it means that Dany, Missandei, and Gilly are the only characters in the main cast who die. Damn. I know that Martin's writing is misogynistic, but even so...

(edited)
1 hour ago, WindyNights said:

I agree, although I would go further and speculate that any character on Team Jon/Dany whose actor hasn’t been in Seville since Wednesday is quite likely dead by the end of 8x06. And yes, that would include Jon.

55 minutes ago, anamika said:

I don't think we can be definitive about Bran considering that we will never see robo Bran in the books, nerfed so that Sansa can be lady of WF. I am pretty certain that's a show only change, so we may revert back to book Bran in the final season.

As for predictions on who survives based on Seville filming, also include  SweetRobin, Yara, Jorah, Davos, Jaime, Brienne, Varys. Jaqen and Cersei.

You can cross Jaime and Cersei off that list. Lena arrived late Friday and left Sunday. Javi at L7R also thinks NCW’s presence may have been a stunt, since he left early Friday.

21 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

If all the characters that filmed in Seville survived, it means that Dany, Missandei, and Gilly are the only characters in the main cast who die. Damn. I know that Martin's writing is misogynistic, but even so...

You’re forgetting about Tormund, Theon, Pod, Bronn, Beric, Gregor, Qyburn and Sandor. They’re probably all dead.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

You’re forgetting about Tormund, Theon, Pod, Bronn, Beric, Gregor, Qyburn and Sandor. They’re probably all dead.

I don't consider any of these characters to be part of the main cast, but Theon is since he had his own story for a long time.

I still find it difficult to believe that Dany is dead, but I am accepting it is a real possibility.

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I agree, although I would go further and speculate that any character on Team Jon/Dany whose actor hasn’t been in Seville since Wednesday is quite likely dead by the end of 8x06. And yes, that would include Jon.

You can cross Jaime and Cersei off that list. Lena arrived late Friday and left Sunday. Javi at L7R also thinks NCW’s presence may have been a stunt, since he left early Friday.

If this is true then what the hell kind of ending is this?  

Edited by GraceK
(edited)
1 hour ago, GraceK said:

If this is true then what the hell kind of ending is this?  

Well, it isn't a blood bath. Basically, most of the main and secondary fighter characters have been killed which makes sense although I would expect Jorah and Grey Worm to be killed as well.  I cannot fathom the circumstances under which Gilly and Missandei would be killed, while the other noncombatants survive. I still think that Jaime and Cersei die also, but maybe not.  

Dany dying shocks me because it seemed clear that they were setting her up to have a child with Jon. Jon living and Dany dying also perplexes me.

Edited by SimoneS
13 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Well, it isn't a blood bath. Basically, most of the main and secondary fighters characters have been killed which makes sense although I would expect Jorah and Grey Worm to be killed as well.  I cannot fathom the circumstances under which Gilly and Missandei would be killed, while the other noncombatants survive. I still think that Jaime and Cersei die also, but maybe not.  

Dany dying shocks me because it seemed clear that they were setting her up to have a child with Jon. Jon living and Dany dying also perplexes me.

Yeah it makes no sense. All the characters who mean something die and only the fringe survive and the main two hero’s die and that’s supposed to be bittersweet? And Cersei possibly lives? Wtf? 

I’m not gonna jump to conclusions. There are still two months left of filming. 

57 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I mean Missandei and Gilly are so marginal in the books that they barely have more presence than Nimble Dick. I would never include Missandei and Gilly as part of the main cast at least.

1 hour ago, anamika said:

Some of these like Jaime didn't film. They just showed up.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

You can cross Jaime and Cersei off that list. Cersei arrived late Friday and left Sunday. Javi at L7R also thinks NCW’s presence may have been a stunt, since he left on Friday.

I doubt Lena went to Spain for a horse ride with Conleth and to sign autographs for fans. She should have been there for some reason - even if it was for doing some interviews or shooting a small scene. NCW - it's harder to say - since he was around at the beginning when the cast was all having fun and not doing any filming.. Maybe he stopped there on his way to Cannes. But it's likely he was also involved in something at Seville.

Like @SimoneS says above, these are the characters that GRRM thinks killing off is giving us a bittersweet ending?  GRRM is not even sure whether he is bringing back Sandor. Qyburn and Gregor? Tormund the Wildling and Pod the squire? Theon is half dead in the books anyway. Beric is already dead in the books. Jaime and Cersei were always doomed. So Dany is pretty much the only unexpected death.

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I still find it difficult to believe that Dany is dead, but I am accepting it is a real possibility.

It's still possible that Dany's only role was to hatch her dragons, get an army and then hand it all over to Jon after giving him a child. But man, what a terrible, terrible ending that would be for her character - her entire story becomes about Jon.  It's possible that GRRM did come up with that ending in 1991, considering his original outline was all about Jon and Arya. But that would just be bad. I don't think I have to spell it out how bad that would be. The media would have a field day - especially since Dany is one of the most popular characters on the show. Maybe that's why GRRM does not want to write the books anymore.

I think Dany is already going to get sidelined towards the end because of her pregnancy - which kinda sucks. She fights for 7 seasons and when they reach the end, she has to sit it out because she's pregnant. With GRRM's love for everyone dying in childbirth, if Dany dies in childbirth to top it off, it will be even worse. Even Nissa Nissa would be better than that.

Whatever it is, I hope D&D give her a good send off, if she is dying.

Having said all that, I don't think we can conclude from Seville filming that Dany is going to die, or predict who is going to make it out alive of the series.  As far as I am concerned if the final episode is not just the denouement, anything could be happening in these scenes - especially since we seem to be having FM shenanigans going on, some night scenes with Davos and Tyrion,  Sansa and Tyrion filming with doubles, Jorah and Greyworm doing something there without the unsullied or Dothraki and Bran being present in KL. 

I do think Sansa has shot something big and emotional here, given Sophie's tweet and her avoidance of fans in Seville. Maisie, Ian, Kit, Isaac, Gwen and Peter were seen out for dinner and she was missing. Or it could just be about the Starks being together one last time.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2

We still don’t have any confirmation as to what exactly has been filmed in Seville right? But it seems like it may be scenes between different small groups of characters, and we don’t have confirmation of a big group scene ala the dragon pit right? If that’s the case then they may not have filmed a big battle or a coronation or great council, so I think it’s hard to say who makes it out alive.

People who aren’t in Seville could still be alive and people who are could still die.

If they film the coronation or equivalent inside like they did with Cersei’s self-proclamation then we won’t know who’s there at the end.

• Love 1
(edited)

I doubt Lena went to Spain for a horse ride with Conleth and to sign autographs for fans. She should have been there for some reason - even if it was for doing some interviews or shooting a small scene. NCW - it's harder to say - since he was around at the beginning when the cast was all having fun and not doing any filming.. Maybe he stopped there on his way to Cannes. But it's likely he was also involved in something at Seville.

The only thing that I can come up is that Lena and NCW filmed short exterior scenes.

It's still possible that Dany's only role was to hatch her dragons, get an army and then hand it all over to Jon after giving him a child. But man, what a terrible, terrible ending that would be for her character - her entire story becomes about Jon.  It's possible that GRRM did come up with that ending in 1991, considering his original outline was all about Jon and Arya. But that would just be bad. I don't think I have to spell it out how bad that would be. The media would have a field day - especially since Dany is one of the most popular characters on the show. Maybe that's why GRRM does not want to write the books anymore.

I am stuck on the fact that all five main characters including Dany survive in his original outline which makes it difficult for me to believe that she dies. If Dany does die, I think that it will be a good thing if he never finishes the final book.

Having said all that, I don't think we can conclude from Seville filming that Dany is going to die, or predict who is going to make it out alive of the series.  As far as I am concerned if the final episode is not just the denouement, anything could be happening in these scenes - especially since we seem to be having FM shenanigans going on, some night scenes with Davos and Tyrion, Jorah and Greyworm doing something there without the unsullied or Dothraki and Bran being present in KL. 

I do think Sansa has shot something big and emotional here, given Sophie's tweet and her avoidance of fans in Seville. Maisie, Ian, Kit, Isaac, Gwen and Peter were seen out for dinner and she was missing. Or it could be the Starks being together one last time.

This is how I felt until Sophie's tweet. With Jaqen, the Waif, the NK, the night shoots, stunts, etc., it seems like a lot more going on than just everyone getting together to celebrate their victory and put the crown on someone. It always seemed to me like they were filming scenes for multiple episodes.

Edited by SimoneS
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

The only thing that I can come up is that Lena and NCW filmed short exterior scenes.

I am stuck on the fact that all five main characters including Dany survive in his original outline which makes it difficult for me to believe that she dies. If Dany does die, I think that it will be a good thing if he never finishes the final book.

This is how I felt until Sophie's tweet. With Jaqen, the Waif, the NK, the night shoots, stunts, etc., it seems like a lot more going on than just everyone getting together to celebrate their victory and put the crown on someone. It always seemed to me like they were filming scenes for multiple episodes.

Why is a main character dying mean that it is good the story never gets finished?

Like I get not liking it but we don't know the context of how it would happen.

4 hours ago, anamika said:

Like @SimoneS says above, these are the characters that GRRM thinks killing off is giving us a bittersweet ending?  GRRM is not even sure whether he is bringing back Sandor. Qyburn and Gregor? Tormund the Wildling and Pod the squire? Theon is half dead in the books anyway. Beric is already dead in the books. Jaime and Cersei were always doomed. So Dany is pretty much the only unexpected death.

I think Dany is already going to get sidelined towards the end because of her pregnancy - which kinda sucks. She fights for 7 seasons and when they reach the end, she has to sit it out because she's pregnant. With GRRM's love for everyone dying in childbirth, if Dany dies in childbirth to top it off, it will be even worse. Even Nissa Nissa would be better than that.

Whatever it is, I hope D&D give her a good send off, if she is dying.

Having said all that, I don't think we can conclude from Seville filming that Dany is going to die, or predict who is going to make it out alive of the series.  As far as I am concerned if the final episode is not just the denouement, anything could be happening in these scenes - especially since we seem to be having FM shenanigans going on, some night scenes with Davos and Tyrion,  Sansa and Tyrion filming with doubles, Jorah and Greyworm doing something there without the unsullied or Dothraki and Bran being present in KL. 

I do think Sansa has shot something big and emotional here, given Sophie's tweet and her avoidance of fans in Seville. Maisie, Ian, Kit, Isaac, Gwen and Peter were seen out for dinner and she was missing. Or it could just be about the Starks being together one last time.

I'm sure GRRM will kill off a lot of characters that didn't make it onto the show by the end.

That said. I don't think the bittersweet is entirely based on who lives and dies but how the characters feel at the end.

GRRm said that Frodo's sadness at the end of the LOTR was what stayed with him and what he seeks to emulate.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, SimoneS said:

The filming schedule points to Jon's death as much as Dany's, since it seems that Kit hasn't filmed at all yet even though 8x06 filming has been going on. Conversely, if Emilia's absence from filming isn't proof of Dany's death, then Kit's absence from filming over the four filming dates that we know of can't be proof of Jon's death, either. They're either both dead or both alive somewhere.

With all that said...

Whatever's been shot in Seville over the past four filming days (Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday) is from 8x06 and features 1) Jon's beloved little sister, 2) Jon's other siblings, 3) Jon's de facto Hand, 4) Jon's best friend, 5) Dany's political advisors, and 6) Dany's most hopelessly devoted companion...but not Jon and Dany themselves? That is very strange. They're off sipping tea or flying their dragons or whatever while almost everyone who's near and dear to them is taking a walking tour of the Dragonpit? It doesn't add up.

8 hours ago, anamika said:

I doubt Lena went to Spain for a horse ride with Conleth and to sign autographs for fans. She should have been there for some reason - even if it was for doing some interviews or shooting a small scene.

The timing doesn't line up. She arrived late Friday and left Sunday, when there wasn't filming going on as far as we know. I wouldn't be surprised if Cersei made it to 8x06, but there's no evidence that she filmed anything in Seville.

NCW - it's harder to say - since he was around at the beginning when the cast was all having fun and not doing any filming.. Maybe he stopped there on his way to Cannes. But it's likely he was also involved in something at Seville.

It would have to have been a night shoot on Thursday. He was spotted elsewhere on Wednesday evening and during the day on Thursday, and he left early Friday morning. Not out of the question, but it seems unlikely.

Like @SIMONES says above, these are the characters that GRRM thinks killing off is giving us a bittersweet ending?  GRRM is not even sure whether he is bringing back Sandor. Qyburn and Gregor? Tormund the Wildling and Pod the squire? Theon is half dead in the books anyway. Beric is already dead in the books. Jaime and Cersei were always doomed. So Dany is pretty much the only unexpected death.

Other than Jaime, Cersei, Theon and Dany, D&D probably don't even know half of these characters' endings in the books, as they're too minor. I don't think anything can be inferred from minor characters' deaths in the show.

It's still possible that Dany's only role was to hatch her dragons, get an army and then hand it all over to Jon after giving him a child. 

I believe that the filming schedule is as strongly suggestive of Jon's death as Dany's.

I do think Sansa has shot something big and emotional here, given Sophie's tweet and her avoidance of fans in Seville. Maisie, Ian, Kit, Isaac, Gwen and Peter were seen out for dinner and she was missing. 

Sophie doesn't really get emotional over the content of scenes, though. She treated her rape scene like a big lark. If she is emotional and not just trolling, I'm guessing it's because the scene shot marks some sort of milestone, whether it's Sophie's last on the show, Sansa's last scene chronologically in the series, or what have you. 

8 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

We still don’t have any confirmation as to what exactly has been filmed in Seville right? But it seems like it may be scenes between different small groups of characters, and we don’t have confirmation of a big group scene ala the dragon pit right? If that’s the case then they may not have filmed a big battle or a coronation or great council, so I think it’s hard to say who makes it out alive.

Well, if the only scenes to date filmed have been from 8x06, it's a safe bet that whoever filmed likely makes it out alive, since Lena didn't film anything and Vladimir hasn't been filming in NK makeup (at least on Monday). I guess Jaqen and the Waif could randomly kill some folks, but how dumb would that be?

ETA: Source on the ground is claiming that everyone left except Kit and Gemma. Trucks are leaving Italica.

Edited by Eyes High
14 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Sophie doesn't really get emotional over the content of scenes, though. She treated her rape scene like a big lark. If she is emotional and not just trolling, I'm guessing it's because the scene shot marks some sort of milestone, whether it's Sophie's last on the show, Sansa's last scene chronologically in the series, or what have you.

Whatever it was, Sophie seems to be the only one who seems to be feeling the heavy emotions about whatever scene they shot. While she was tweeting this:

Maisie was tweeting support for a friend running a marathon:

All the other actors also interacted with the fans, stayed back to sign autographs and went to dinner together.

I agree that she does not get emotional about the content. So maybe it was just her last scene on the series and she was getting emotional about that.

• Love 1

More updates:

Someone on Twitter said they saw Isaac, Maisie, Sophie, Kit, and Jacob leaving the hotel earlier today.

According to folks on IG, Joe, Liam, Isaac and Jacob told fans yesterday they were leaving today.

So did Kit even film anything...? He was seen during the day yesterday and was only on set on Monday between 7:00 and 9:00. I guess they could have done a night shoot, but Kit was spotted at dinner on Tuesday night.

15 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

So did Kit even film anything...? He was seen during the day yesterday and was only on set on Monday between 7:00 and 9:00. I guess they could have done a night shoot, but Kit was spotted at dinner on Tuesday night.

There was some talk yesterday on FF about Kit doing stunt rehearsals with Jacob. Other than that, yeah, it looks like Kit did not do any filming.

Also, how come no one has seen Jorah, when so many folks keep saying that Ian is around. Weird.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, anamika said:

There was some talk yesterday on FF about Kit doing stunt rehearsals with Jacob. Other than that, yeah, it looks like Kit did not do any filming.

Also, how come no one has seen Jorah, when so many folks keep saying that Ian is around. Weird.

Yeah. Everyone has claimed that Iain is there, but I have yet to see one photo of him. It’s pretty much pics or GTFO at this point. Even Jacob was eventually spotted.

I’ve been thinking for a while that whatever was filmed during the day in Seville must be  from after the end of the winter, right? The S7 Dragonpit stuff was filmed in the fall, but it’s now very hot in Seville. They’re not going to truss up their cast in winter-appropriate heavy furs and make them film for hours in summer temperatures. Night shoots wouldn’t be a problem, of course.

There’s a rumour that the next scenes shot will be a Stark siblings scene at the Tollymore forest.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I’ve been thinking for a while that whatever was filmed during the day in Seville must be  from after the end of the winter, right? The S7 Dragonpit stuff was filmed in the fall, but it’s now very hot in Seville. They’re not going to truss up their cast in winter-appropriate heavy furs and make them film for hours in summer temperatures. Night shoots wouldn’t be a problem, of course.

Yeah, day shoots could be spring time. And as Boatsexbaby says, they closed off the entire place except for the theatre which has it's own side entrance.

image.thumb.png.fe0e414e9b497199ce6004d7fd131d94.png

So they could have shot anywhere in there, not necessarily the dragon pit. For instance at the Roman ruins here:

traianeum-in-the-roman-ruins-of-italica-

As the memo says:

The territorial delegate of the Ministry of Culture in Seville, José Manuel Girela, has informed Europa Press that thanks to the agreement reached with the audiovisual production company Fresco Árbol SL, from Monday 2 and until Tuesday, April 24, the amphitheater of the set Itálica's archaeological site will be subject to "partial" closures due to filming. Between April 23 and May 2, the amphitheater will be closed completely and, in addition, access to the rest of the archaeological site will be relocated from the traditional enclave of the avenue of Extremadura, to the surroundings of the cemetery of Santiponce, in the upper part of the enclosure. There, the own producer in charge of the recording will install an access with its toilets and other dependencies. Between May 3 and May 18, the archaeological site will be closed completely and only the theater, which is separated from the main campus, will be visited. Finally, between the 19th and the 27th of May, the ruins of the city will be visited except the amphitheater, which will remain closed, and the old Roman theater.

http://vertele.eldiario.es/noticias/juegodetronos-gameofthrones-rodaje-grabacion-sevilla-italica-calendario_0_1999899999.html

So the dragonpit setting - which is the amphitheatre - may not have been used yet.

As per this conversation by BoatsexBaby:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/8jlkk0/lit_in_seville/dz148df/?context=1

Edit: Anyways we will know soon enough if Dragonpit filming is done when they start taking apart the stage setting they had build there in April.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, anamika said:

Yeah, day shoots could be spring time. And as Boatsexbaby says, they closed off the entire place except for the theatre which has it's own side entrance.

So they could have shot anywhere in there, not necessarily the dragon pit. For instance at the Roman ruins here:

As the memo says:

http://vertele.eldiario.es/noticias/juegodetronos-gameofthrones-rodaje-grabacion-sevilla-italica-calendario_0_1999899999.html

So the dragonpit setting - which is the amphitheatre - may not have been used yet.

As per this conversation by BoatsexBaby:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/8jlkk0/lit_in_seville/dz148df/?context=1

They built the platform in the amphitheatre, though, so they must have filmed something there. 

Mariabazn_ on Twitter, who has been staking out the hotel for the past little while, claimed on April 23rd that there was filming going on (translated from Spanish):

"I've been told that there's a lot of security at the Alfonso XIII Hotel and I've seen various pictures of Peter Dinklage and Conleth Hill filming in Italica."

"I've been outside the hotel and there's much movement, many suitcases, the restaurant closed to the public and many high end cars with foreign license plates."

She reported in the intervening week on May 1st that everything seemed normal and quiet, and she didn't see anything else until the cast started pouring in last week.

I checked the filming leaks from Northern Ireland that week, and it's not impossible that there was something being filmed the week of the 23rd, but it seems strange that Peter, Conleth, and possibly others (not Sophie, though, she went to her brother's wedding on the 24th) were in Seville two weeks before anyone else and no one in Seville noticed. (On the other hand, no one would have noticed Gemma in Seville if she hadn't posted that photo on Instagram.)

If Peter and Conleth were filming, it couldn't have been in the amphitheatre, because on April 23rd they were still building the platform.

Edited by Eyes High

So is not out of question that Kit might have film something. 

11 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

They built the platform in the amphitheatre, though, so they must have filmed something there.

As per EveryfckngChicken ( typing these names, lol) , L7R snuck in one of their sources and:

They said that at the dragonpit location there was nothing built but the platform - no tents, no parlay-type equipment, no green screens. Only the platform.

That was on May 6th. Of course they might have added additional installments later on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/8juqgw/so_that_was_it/dz2lia8/

But as I mentioned, we will know soon enough if they finish up there and take apart the platform in the amphitheatre.

So in 8x06 we are talking about a time jump from the ending of winter to the spring, right? I don't understand what the Faceless Men or night shoots have to do with it, but clearly there is some kind of drama that occurs.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, Edith said:
So is not out of question that Kit might have film something. 

It's not impossible, no, but as pointed out on /Freefolk, filming days start at 7:00 in the morning and not 3:30 in the afternoon. Kit was at Italica for maybe five hours in the afternoon and early evening, and if /BoatsexBaby is to be believed, that time was spent doing stunt rehearsals. So it's not completely out of the question that Kit filmed something, but it's not likely, either.

Judging from the tweet linked about how everyone was really sad at dinner, I'm leaning more and more towards the theory that whatever was filmed in Seville yesterday, it was the last scene of the series not only for Sansa, but for every character whose actor was present. Heck, it may have even been the last scene of the show, period.

And if the last scene of the show had almost everyone on Team Jon/Dany, including Arya, Bran, Sansa, Tyrion, Sam, Gendry, Brienne, Yara, Grey Worm, Davos, Jorah, and Robin, but not Jon or Dany...I'd have a lot of questions:

1. Where the fuck are Jon and Dany?

2. Who the fuck is in charge?

3. Where the fuck are Gilly and Missandei?

And so on.

I'd also say that the Great Council theory is looking more and more convincing, in which case I say...all hail King Robin, first of his name! 

...Seriously, though, it looks like Arya/Gendry as endgame King/Queen just got a lot more likely. Although Bran is there, and the flurry of bets on Bran as endgame king caused betting to be suspended a while back...

Whoever does end up ruling, if Bran, Arya and Sansa survive to the end of 8x06, maybe it will be a "time for wolves" after all.

Maybe Jon and Dany do fuck off to Essos with their kid, never to be heard from again. 

22 minutes ago, anamika said:

As per EveryfckngChicken ( typing these names, lol) , L7R snuck in one of their sources and:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/8juqgw/so_that_was_it/dz2lia8/

But as I mentioned, we will know soon enough if they finish up there and take apart the platform in the amphitheatre.

The lack of green screens points away from a big battle scene, for me anyway.

14 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

So in 8x06 we are talking about a time jump from the ending of winter to the spring, right?

It must be, although I checked the Seville Wikipedia page, and it's not that much cooler in October/November than it is in May; it is possible that they're all still in their winter gear and that it's a winter scene. I'm guessing it's a spring scene so that they don't have to cover the site in fake snow.

I don't understand what the Faceless Men or night shoots have to do with it, but clearly there is some kind of drama that occurs.

Yeah, and apparently the Thursday day shoot with Sophie and Peter's stand-ins involved some kind of fog machine, so who knows what's going on?

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

It's not impossible, no, but as pointed out on /Freefolk, filming days start at 7:00 in the morning and not 3:30 in the afternoon. Kit was at Italica for maybe five hours in the afternoon and early evening, and if /BoatsexBaby is to be believed, that time was spent doing stunt rehearsals. So it's not completely out of the question that Kit filmed something, but it's not likely, either.

Judging from the tweet linked about how everyone was really sad at dinner, I'm leaning more and more towards the theory that whatever was filmed in Seville yesterday, it was the last scene of the series not only for Sansa, but for every character whose actor was present. Heck, it may have even been the last scene of the show, period.

And if the last scene of the show had almost everyone on Team Jon/Dany, including Arya, Bran, Sansa, Tyrion, Sam, Gendry, Brienne, Yara, Grey Worm, Davos, Jorah, and Robin, but not Jon or Dany...I'd have a lot of questions:

1. Where the fuck are Jon and Dany?

2. Who the fuck is in charge?

3. Where the fuck are Gilly and Missandei?

And so on.

I'd also say that the Great Council theory is looking more and more convincing, in which case I say...all hail King Robin, first of his name! 

...Seriously, though, it looks like Arya/Gendry as endgame King/Queen just got a lot more likely. Although Bran is there, and the flurry of bets on Bran as endgame king caused betting to be suspended a while back...

Maybe Jon and Dany do fuck off to Essos with their kid, never to be heard from again. 

The lack of green screens points away from a big battle scene, for me anyway.

It must be, although I checked the Seville Wikipedia page, and it's not that much cooler in October/November than it is in May; it is possible that they're all still in their winter gear and that it's a winter scene. I'm guessing it's a spring scene so that they don't have to cover the site in fake snow.

Yeah, and apparently the Thursday day shoot with Sophie and Peter's stand-ins involved some kind of fog machine, so who knows what's going on?

Jon and Dany = dead. Honestly, I find that fucking unbelievable/incredulous. What a shitty end that would be for a sci fi novel or a tv show! As @anamika said, no wonder Martin can't finish the final book. Seriously, if it is confirmed that this is how the story ends, I am saving my money and not watching the final season on HBO. I will wait until the DVD hits the library. 

Edited by SimoneS
2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Jon and Dany = dead. Honestly, I find that fucking unbelievable/incredulous. What a shitty end that would be for a sci fi novel or a tv show.  

Honestly, I'd rather Jon die than outlive Dany and get everything she worked so hard for while she conveniently dies to pave the way for him. But then, I'm petty that way.

I don't know that Jon and Dany's absence from 8x06 scenes featuring virtually everyone on Team Jon/Dany except Jon and Dany themselves necessarily means that they're dead, but it does beg the question as to where they are. If the scenes being shot involve so many main characters, these scenes must surely be important, maybe as important as the 7x07 dragonpit meeting...and yet the two most central characters are absent. Why?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Jon and Dany = dead. Honestly, I find that fucking unbelievable/incredulous. What a shitty end that would be for a sci fi novel or a tv show. As @anamika said, no wonder Martin can't finish the final book. Seriously, if it is confirmed that this is how the story ends, I am not watching the final season. 

I’m not buying it. Not yet. Call me an a delusional fool but I still won’t give in . They are still filming, Emilia is returns to film in two weeks right? There are still two months left of filming. They also shoot things out of order. There was filming done  months ago in Dubrovnik with Kit and Lena that could have had something to do with what happened in Seville these past few days. Who knows? The way they edit things makes all the difference. It could have all been little scenes for all we know. 

• Love 1

I admit to finding the idea of the Starks’ last scene being in King’s Landing kind of strange.  Even if Winterfell was torched, my personal vision would always be them heading back north to start rebuilding.

Though for TV, I could see the argument that the writers want to end on the main cast together.

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I admit to finding the idea of the Starks’ last scene being in King’s Landing kind of strange.  Even if Winterfell was torched, my personal vision would always be them heading back north to start rebuilding.

Though for TV, I could see the argument that the writers want to end on the main cast together.

I think D&D may have just wanted another big cast session in Seville, since they had such a blast in 2016, and wrote scenes to make it happen.

Just saw this on Instagram. An Unsullied extra posted a group photo yesterday. The caption reads (forgive my Spanish translation skills): "We can already say: 'We have finished filming of the last season of...GAME OF THRONES.'" (#Unsullied #Italica #THEEND)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Biz_QzxgNhp/?taken-by=crcadierno

Unsullied - Daenerys = ???

Edited by Eyes High
42 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

...Seriously, though, it looks like Arya/Gendry as endgame King/Queen just got a lot more likely.

I doubt it. I see Gendry alone as king more likely. At least using the narrative as guide:

-Long time without any mention of Arya-Gendry relationship, even when there were plenty of clear opportunities to do it.

-Last season of Gendry was used to make us remember he is a Baratheon, the son of a king.

8 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

I doubt it. I see Gendry alone as king more likely. At least using the narrative as guide:

-Long time without any mention of Arya-Gendry relationship, even when there were plenty of clear opportunities to do it.

-Last season of Gendry was used to make us remember he is a Baratheon, the son of a king.

Does the audience really need to be reminded of it, given that it was well-established in the seasons where they were together?

I'm not a filming expert, so correct me if I'm wrong please, but if an actor is rehearsing for a scene in a place, doesn't that mean that it's intended to be shot there? and if that is the case, either Kit did film or he's going to in the next days? 

I remain skeptical of the idea of King Gendry, though.  After all the discussion of the need for practical experience and realism in government, it makes little sense to end the series with a ruler with essentially no qualifications other than blood.  Gendry is a great guy, no doubt, but he’s also an illiterate peasant with no background or experience in anything a king does.

• Love 3
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I think D&D may have just wanted another big cast session in Seville, since they had such a blast in 2016, and wrote scenes to make it happen.

Just saw this on Instagram. An Unsullied extra posted a group photo yesterday. The caption reads (forgive my Spanish translation skills): "We can already say: 'We have finished filming of the last season of...GAME OF THRONES.'" (#Unsullied #Italica #THEEND)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Biz_QzxgNhp/?taken-by=crcadierno

Unsullied - Daenerys = ???

Dead except for Grey Worm? If she was telling the truth about going back to Belfast, Emilia might be just be filming Dany's death scene.

20 minutes ago, Edith said:

I'm not a filming expert, so correct me if I'm wrong please, but if an actor is rehearsing for a scene in a place, doesn't that mean that it's intended to be shot there? and if that is the case, either Kit did film or he's going to in the next days? 

Yes, Kit must have filmed something. The thing is that because GoT uses CGI, it is possible that the actors are filming scenes that will be later added onto the green screen by the computer  or edited by computer. 

15 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I remain skeptical of the idea of King Gendry, though.  After all the discussion of the need for practical experience and realism in government, it makes little sense to end the series with a ruler with essentially no qualifications other than blood.  Gendry is a great guy, no doubt, but he’s also an illiterate peasant with no background or experience in anything a king does.

They could have the Small Council as his advisors with Tyrion as his Hand to guide him. The other choice would be Lord Arryn. I can't believe we are even contemplating this possibility. It is so crazy.

Edited by SimoneS
9 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

They could have the Small Council as his advisors with Tyrion as his Hand to guide him. The other choice would be Lord Arryn. I can't believe we are even contemplating this possibility. It is so crazy.

Yes, he could have good advisors, but still, one of the ongoing themes is that the qualities of the king himself matters quite a lot.  Gendry has in no way been prepared by the narrative to take the throne, so ending with him being crowned would essentially be a “good man must needs be a good king” situation, exactly the kind of thinking previously argued against.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Yes, he could have good advisors, but still, one of the ongoing themes is that the qualities of the king himself matters quite a lot.  Gendry has in no way been prepared by the narrative to take the throne, so ending with him being crowned would essentially be a “good man must needs be a good king” situation, exactly the kind of thinking previously argued against.

If Martin kills off his two leading protagonists who are qualified to sit on the Iron Throne, then he doesn't care. All his "themes" were basically bullshit. Again, it explains why he can't write the final book.

48 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Does the audience really need to be reminded of it, given that it was well-established in the seasons where they were together?

Yes, Arya changed inmensely between s3-s7.

36 minutes ago, SeanC said:

We have Davos.

(edited)

Do we know if the actors who play Tormund and Beric filmed at all this season? Now I am wondering if they were crushed and killed when The Wall came down.

Edited by SimoneS
49 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

If Martin kills off his two leading protagonists who are qualified to sit on the Iron Throne, then he doesn't care. All his "themes" were basically bullshit. Again, it explains why he can't write the final book.

final book? We haven't even gotten the before final book.

The speculations about king Gendry and Queen Arya are just . . . How would this be something that even happens in the books? I get that the show has gone its own way, but wow.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Do we know if the actors who play Tormund and Beric filmed at all this season? Now I am wondering if they were crushed and killed when The Wall came down.

Kristofer has been spotted in Belfast a few times. Dunno about Richard.

1 hour ago, Edith said:

Generally, but Kit was only on set for five hours yesterday, which isn’t enough time to film anything, so even if /BoatsexBaby is mistaken about what he was doing at Italica, he probably wasn’t filming.

As for whether Kit may still be in Seville? Nothing is 100% confirmed until Kit is spotted in another country, I think. Seville folks are saying everyone left, though, and Kit was spotted with his suitcases leaving the hotel.

Peter at least has left Seville. He was seen at the airport.