Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

Well I'm right cool with this ending.

It jives with my theory that the child is the one that will rule all along. It's just like GRRM to have the one character we have never met to be the one who actually rules. Also I saw Sansa and Tyrion united as well. I said Brienne and Jaime could never have a happy ending. And I thought that Bran would get lost in a warging. I also said that Cersie will never leave Kings Landing. (She hasn't since midway through the first season)

The Valonquar killing Cersie by choking her was a not mentioned in the show"s prophecies. 

Overall it hits a lot of high points and gives most of the characters a moment.

• Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, MrsR said:

Overall it hits a lot of high points and gives most of the characters a moment.

Except for GRRM's lead female character. I find it hard to believe that Arya's only purpose in the series is to kill Jaqen and Qyburn. 

As per those spoilers,  Arya has one scene each with Jon, Gendry and the Hound and after that she just turns up to kill Qyburn, gets killed by Jaqen, resurrected by Mel and kills Jaqen...and then goes west of Westeros.  That's her plot for the final season? For which Maisie has been filming almost continuously since filming started. It would be disappointing if this is what GRRM is heading towards for her.

Some of the plots do make sense. Some don't. I also don't see Dany going to Essos again, unless it's to a house with a red door.

Other things that don't line up with what we know - leak says big battles take place in 2,4 and 6. Meanwhile Sapochnik is doing 3 and 5 and some 55 nights battle episode.

Speaking of Qyburn, since he pops up a lot in all these scenarios,  has anyone spotted Anton Lesser recently? I would have expected him in Spain since he is a KL native. He was there last year.

Edited by anamika
7 hours ago, glowbug said:

Dany taking her son with her to Essos makes absolutely no sense if she intends for him to rule Westeros, especially since she says Westeros will never be her home presumably because she wasn’t raised there. Also, there was no mention of Jon and Dany getting married so Jon ends up fathering a bastard, which he was very much against.

Yeah, this is completely stupid.  Everyone hates Dany all season long because she's a "foreign whore" despite everything she's doing to help, and she leaves Westeros in the end because it's not home.  Okay fair enough, can't blame her if the Westerosis continue to be ungrateful fools. But it makes no sense that she thinks her son can end up in charge if she is going to raise him as a "foreigner" who everyone will also hate.

Not to mention we also have:

1) Arya and Sansa's only reaction to Jon's paternity reveal is to tell him he needs to rule the 7 kingdoms during the long night.

2) The Northerners being heartless idiotic psychos who purposely leave the Dothraki to die, thereby decreasing the numbers on Team Good Guy and increasing the NK's army.  I know the Northerners are dumb, but surely even they are not that dumb.

3) Jaimie arrives at Winterfell in ep 1 with no army yet no one realises Cersei reneged on her deal until ep 3 when Jaimie spills to Tyrion.  Dany and Jon don't discover Cersei's betrayal until ep 5.  So no one on Team Good Guy thought it was odd that the Commander of the Lannister army arrived without said army? No one thought it was odd that there was no Lanniser support at Riverrun either?

4) Varys decides that only Jon can get the Riverlands to join that cause, and he and Jaimie then convince the Tullys to fight.  There haven't been any sightings of the guy that plays Edmure (which is not to say that he hasn't filmed), plus surely Arya or Sansa would have more sway with the Tully's rather than Ned Stark's bastard that was hated by Cat.

6) Despite the Vale being united with the North in s7 and working to fight the NK together, there is a whole subplot about Robyn Arryn declaring himself king and Sansa having to get the Vale to join the fight...again.  The Vale may just snatch the crown of stupidity from the North if Royce and co decide to defect and go home after Jon triumphantly arrives with Dany, her army and her dragons.

7) Varys is the one who tells Jon that Rhaegar and Lyanna were in love.  Surely Sam and/or Bran would mention this to Jon during the paternity reveal in ep 1, rather than let him think he's a product of rape.

8) Bronn loses a hand so he and Jaimie can be matching one-handed pals.

9) The Golden company show up to fight Team Good Guy in the Riverlands, and it is only the NK and his army who fight at Winterfell.  However, I am fairly certain from filming spoilers that GC and/or Lannister soldiers were seen at Winterfell.

10) Varys writes to the Citadel for proof of Jon's legitimacy and it arrives a few eps later.  I am skeptical that D&D are going to spend any time "proving" Jon's heritage when they already gave Sam the high septon's diary.  Especially if Jon dies and thus his status as a legit Targ is really of no relevance.

11) Jaqen wants to kill Arya for leaving the faceless men even though....he let her leave the faceless men.  He slits her throat and then Mel decides to sacrifice her own life for Arya, even though they have had no interaction since their meeting in s3.

12) Neither Arya or Sansa are around when Jon dies.

13) Jon and Dany don't marry, despite some pretty major book hints that each will get married again (Jon achieving everything he swore to foresake in his NW vows and Dany being the Bride of Fire etc).

14) Pod either survives or dies in ep 6, however based on previous filming stuff there is a good chance he dies in the Winterfell battle.

I'm totally calling these as fake.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, glowbug said:

Cersei is also supposed to be killed by being choked to death by the valonqar (“And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”) but according to this leak she dies from being stabbed (after she’s strangled).

I’ve already argued against the veracity of this supposed leak, but I don’t think this is a point against it.  There is no valonqar prophecy on the show, so the writers are free to choose any manner of death they wish.

Speaking of prophecies, how does Dany’s ending fit with MMD’s prophecy that Drogo will be returned to her, which happens after she bears a living child? MMD’s prophecy is coming true in the books so Dany’s book ending will in all likelihood involve Drogo returning to her in some way be it in death or some other symbolic way. The characters are supposed to have the same ending as the books so even if not explicitly stated (because the prophecy has not been fulfilled and arguably debunked in the show) the prophecy still should be fulfilled.

MMD wasn’t making a prophecy, she was just taunting Dany with variations of “never”.

• Love 3

Seville Watch 2018 continues:

Lena seems to have left Seville, even though she only just arrived on Friday. She was filmed in the hotel parking lot.

Peter was also filmed at the same time in the hotel parking lot as Lena, so he may be leaving Seville as well. 

Kit was spotted at a Leeds airport today, so he's going somewhere. /BoatsexBaby seems to think that if Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) is in Seville that Kit won't be far behind, but I don't know whether that speculation is based on inside information or not.

(edited)
2 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Yeah, this is completely stupid.  Everyone hates Dany all season long because she's a "foreign whore" despite everything she's doing to help, and she leaves Westeros in the end because it's not home.  Okay fair enough, can't blame her if the Westerosis continue to be ungrateful fools. But it makes no sense that she thinks her son can end up in charge if she is going to raise him as a "foreigner" who everyone will also hate.

Not to mention we also have:

1) Arya and Sansa's only reaction to Jon's paternity reveal is to tell him he needs to rule the 7 kingdoms during the long night.

2) The Northerners being heartless idiotic psychos who purposely leave the Dothraki to die, thereby decreasing the numbers on Team Good Guy and increasing the NK's army.  I know the Northerners are dumb, but surely even they are not that dumb.

3) Jaimie arrives at Winterfell in ep 1 with no army yet no one realises Cersei reneged on her deal until ep 3 when Jaimie spills to Tyrion.  Dany and Jon don't discover Cersei's betrayal until ep 5.  So no one on Team Good Guy thought it was odd that the Commander of the Lannister army arrived without said army? No one thought it was odd that there was no Lanniser support at Riverrun either?

4) Varys decides that only Jon can get the Riverlands to join that cause, and he and Jaimie then convince the Tullys to fight.  There haven't been any sightings of the guy that plays Edmure (which is not to say that he hasn't filmed), plus surely Arya or Sansa would have more sway with the Tully's rather than Ned Stark's bastard that was hated by Cat.

6) Despite the Vale being united with the North in s7 and working to fight the NK together, there is a whole subplot about Robyn Arryn declaring himself king and Sansa having to get the Vale to join the fight...again.  The Vale may just snatch the crown of stupidity from the North if Royce and co decide to defect and go home after Jon triumphantly arrives with Dany, her army and her dragons.

7) Varys is the one who tells Jon that Rhaegar and Lyanna were in love.  Surely Sam and/or Bran would mention this to Jon during the paternity reveal in ep 1, rather than let him think he's a product of rape.

8) Bronn loses a hand so he and Jaimie can be matching one-handed pals.

9) The Golden company show up to fight Team Good Guy in the Riverlands, and it is only the NK and his army who fight at Winterfell.  However, I am fairly certain from filming spoilers that GC and/or Lannister soldiers were seen at Winterfell.

10) Varys writes to the Citadel for proof of Jon's legitimacy and it arrives a few eps later.  I am skeptical that D&D are going to spend any time "proving" Jon's heritage when they already gave Sam the high septon's diary.  Especially if Jon dies and thus his status as a legit Targ is really of no relevance.

11) Jaqen wants to kill Arya for leaving the faceless men even though....he let her leave the faceless men.  He slits her throat and then Mel decides to sacrifice her own life for Arya, even though they have had no interaction since their meeting in s3.

12) Neither Arya or Sansa are around when Jon dies.

13) Jon and Dany don't marry, despite some pretty major book hints that each will get married again (Jon achieving everything he swore to foresake in his NW vows and Dany being the Bride of Fire etc).

14) Pod either survives or dies in ep 6, however based on previous filming stuff there is a good chance he dies in the Winterfell battle.

I'm totally calling these as fake.

I agree , especially when you lay it out  point for point.

Edited by GraceK

Los Siete Reinos is hearing rumours about night shoots in Seville involving Peter Dinklage, Liam Cunningham and other actors.

L7R also thinks based on the setup of the KL set that the KL explosions were caused by a dragon, but that’s not really a big shocker.

(edited)

https://lossietereinos.com/novedades-relevantes-rodaje-la-ultima-temporada-juego-tronos-belfast-sevilla/

They say Friday morning controlled explosions, possible Dragon attack, and unconfirmed Liam and Peter there. 

Translation from Reddit Enty23.

Belfast

The structure we know of the new Belfast set has undergone some changes. Many fences and canvases that have appeared in the studios have been blown away by the wind, but the changes on the set have nothing to do with the air in the Northern Irish capital.

And it is that HBO has arrived to send an e-mail to companies near the area of studies to warn that there would be explosions on Friday. Yes, explosions checked on the set first thing in the morning.

The result of them is that the towers have been destroyed. Who destroyed them? We have an important clue: a crane has been positioned with a cable laid to make aerial shot. We have clear who could attack those towers while the soldiers of Lannister (the Lannister flags are still present on the set) of King's Landing escape: a dragon.

Seville

In Seville an actress appeared who was not present at the invasion a few days ago, which was one of the most important absences and we did not have much hope of seeing. This is Lena Headey, who as you know plays Cersei Lannister.

Several actors have left Seville, as Nikolaj-Coster Waldau (Jaime Lannister), who is already in Cannes. Have you got to shoot the scenes? In fact, we suspect that his presence is only to mislead or for promotional material.

Finally, we tell you that we have been told that it is not 100% confirmed. Apparently, the night scenes would have been shot in Dragonpit. We do not know all the actors involved, but talk about Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) and Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth). We insist: this possible night of filming is not confirmed. We will tell you more details when we will know more.

Edited by GrailKing
5 minutes ago, Edith said:

The Mountain, Cersei and possibly Jon in Belfast.

Kit was allegedly spotted today in...Portugal. No photos, though, so grain of salt as always.

(edited)
22 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Kit was allegedly spotted today in...Portugal. No photos, though, so grain of salt as always.

Yes! I jus saw that:

Edited by Edith
7 minutes ago, Edith said:

Yes! I jus saw that:

He's also saying that Kit go in a car with spanish license plate

I looked up Faro, Portugal, and it’s probably as close as you can fly to Seville without actually flying into Spain. My guess is that Kit is driving to Seville from Faro to keep a low profile. Unfortunately for Kit, GOT fans are legion, and they are everywhere.

• Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I looked up Faro, Portugal, and it’s probably as close as you can fly to Seville without actually flying into Spain. My guess is that Kit is driving to Seville from Faro to keep a low profile. Unfortunately for Kit, GOT fans are legion, and they are everywhere.

Kit is in Seville

Also
Edited by Edith
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Nice try, Kit, but the fans have a thousand eyes and one.

I love how obsessed this fandom is. ? I don’t feel so alone!! ??

(edited)

The only actors confirmed to have left Seville are Lena and NCW. Peter’s a question mark.

A /Freefolker noted that Alfie’s been in Northern Ireland two weeks of every month since October. I can’t confirm, but that points to Theon having a lot to do in S8. Gemma and Pilou on the other hand have been hardly filming at all, so if this fan is correct, it lends credence to the idea that Theon will be spending most of his time in S8 with Team Stark, and to the 4chan spoiler where Theon is at Winterfell before the attack.

Still no sign of Rory, Alfie, Iain or Nathalie in Seville. No sign of Sapochnik yet, which is odd given that 8x05 scenes were supposed to be filmed in Seville as well.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
(edited)

I doubt Kit was trying to keep a low profile considering the actors instagramming about their Seville visit and visiting with the fans. It was probably the only flight he could get to Seville at that time.

Here he is waving to fans on his way to Italica. No time for a break I guess.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Biw7fxjFUcR/

According to FF, Peter may also be out for filming.

Edited by anamika
(edited)

So now we know of 4+ potential scenes shot from 8x06 (since Sapochnik is not in Seville) with the following characters:

1. Day shoot on Thursday

Characters involved: Tyrion, Sansa

Potentially involved: Arya, Gendry, Davos, Brienne, Sam, Bran, NK

Not involved: Varys, Jaime, Robin, Jaqen, Waif (actors were elsewhere during the day)

I saw something posted or reposted on /Freefolk about a fog machine being used in this day scene. I don't know if you can mistake fog for smoke.

2. Rumoured night shoot, I'm guessing on Thursday (Friday night is unlikely and Saturday night is out, since many of the cast members were at a wedding)

Characters involved: Tyrion, Davos

Potentially involved: Varys, Jaime, Sansa, Arya, Davos, Brienne, Waif, Sam, Bran, NK

Not involved: Jaqen, Gendry (actors were spotted out on the town on Thursday night)

...I'm iffy on this one, because I think some actors were spotted returning to the hotel at around 9:00 p.m. local time (Maisie, Isaac, Sophie and Gwen, I think), so if there was a night shoot, it seems unlikely that they were involved.

3. Day shoot on Friday

Characters involved: Davos, Brienne, Gendry (actors spotted in Santiponce near Italica site)

Potentially involved: Tyrion, Sansa, Varys, Arya, Jaqen, Waif, Sam, Bran, NK, Robin

Not involved: Jaime (NCW left on Friday)

4. Shoot on Monday at Italica site

Characters involved: Jon (Kit went right to the Italica site today), maybe Tyrion (Peter left the hotel really early this morning)

Potentially involved: Everyone whose actors are still in Italica, including Grey Worm and Yara

Not involved: Cersei (Lena left yesterday), maybe Tyrion?

That's my best guess for now.

A few general notes:

1. Overall, it does seem like multiple small scenes are being filmed rather than one large scene, although it could be that whatever Kit's in town to film is the biggest scene and will need until Friday to film.

2. A local saw piles of firewood at the Italica site.

3. Maisie's stunt double (Kristina Baskett) is nowhere near Seville, if her Instagram account is to be believed. Not that one would expect she would be needed given how short the filming times are.

4. The entire Italica site is shut down, so it's possible that some of these scenes are not filmed at the Dragonpit proper but elsewhere on the site.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
(edited)

Honestly, I have no clue what they are filming and have my doubts that all these scenes are for 8x06. The short stays by NCW and Lena suggest that they filmed exterior shots and will be filming the bulk of their interior scenes at the KL's set.  Maybe Jaime, Cersei, and the Mountain end their story in 8X06.  It must be an action packed episode since there are so many characters still alive.

I am confident that Emilia has filmed extensively on the green screen, but it will be suspicious if she doesn't film at all in Seville. However, I just don't believe that there is anyway that the NK out lives Dany. 

Edited by SimoneS
(edited)

Apparently Ian is in Seville. This tweet(s) say that Kit didn't film today. Arya, Sansa and Robin also there.

Edited by Edith
(edited)

Good news that Jorah made it to Seville. Among the main supporting characters, this leaves: Missandei, Gilly, Tormund, Theon, and Bronn.

Got to say if all the characters, we have seen in Seville survive to the end, no one will be able to claim that the show is a blood bath.

Edited by SimoneS
19 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Good news that Jorah made it to Seville. Among the main supporting characters, this leaves: Missandei, Gilly, Tormund, Theon, and Bronn.

Got to say if all the characters, we have seen in Seville survive to the end, no one will be able to claim that the show is a blood bath.

Some of those characters haven't been seen filming so if there's no evidence that they filmed then I'll file them under the possibly dead by now category.

(edited)

The Seville hotel fans think Peter has left Seville, since he hasn’t been seen since this morning.

In addition to the actors whom we know filmed today (Iain, Sophie, Maisie and Lino), as well as Kit, we know that Isaac, John, Gwendoline and Liam are still in Seville, since they were seen signing autographs. 

There is a rumour that Rose Leslie is also going to show up in Seville. Of course.

At this point it will almost take less time to list those characters who haven’t been to Seville: Dany, Gilly, Tormund, Beric, Theon, Missandei, Euron, Qyburn, Sandor, Gregor, Melisandre, Edmure, Bronn, Lyanna Mormont, Lord Glover, and Pod.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, anamika said:

NCW had an interview at Cannes and he states that 'we have another two months to shoot of the final season'. I guess filming is going on till July.

Pilou said it would be 10 months to film 6 episodes, and they started in October, so a July wrap date makes sense.

More from /BoatsexBaby:

”That’s a good scenario but I’m pretty sure it’s a battle. Part of the final showdown, some of which may have been filmed already in Belfast. There should be more evening/night shoots happening soon I believe, if they haven’t started already.”

”I was waiting for Kit to show up after Jacob was spotted yesterday. Iain showing up is just more confirmation. I will admit I am slightly worried about all these characters being part of the Dragonpit sequence though.”

Edited by Eyes High
7 hours ago, Eyes High said:

So now we know of 4+ potential scenes shot from 8x06 (since Sapochnik is not in Seville) with the following characters:

1. Day shoot on Thursday

Characters involved: Tyrion, Sansa

Potentially involved: Arya, Gendry, Davos, Brienne, Sam, Bran, NK

2. Rumoured night shoot, I'm guessing on Thursday (Friday night is unlikely and Saturday night is out, since many of the cast members were at a wedding)

Characters involved: Tyrion, Davos

Potentially involved: Varys, Jaime, Sansa, Arya, Davos, Brienne, Waif, Sam, Bran, NK

3. Day shoot on Friday

Characters involved: Davos, Brienne, Gendry (actors spotted in Santiponce near Italica site)

Potentially involved: Tyrion, Sansa, Varys, Arya, Jaqen, Waif, Sam, Bran, NK, Robin

4. Shoot on Monday at Italica site

Characters involved: Jon (Kit went right to the Italica site today), maybe Tyrion (Peter left the hotel really early this morning)

Potentially involved: Everyone whose actors are still in Italica, including Grey Worm and Yara

Not involved: Cersei (Lena left yesterday), maybe Tyrion?

That's my best guess for now.

untitled-263.gif?w=760

I have no idea what's happening here. Can't even guess anymore. Maisie, Sophie, Ian, Lino and Kit? Plus, Maisie and Isaac were seen returning together, looking exhausted so I am guessing Isaac was filming with them too. What could SweetRobin be doing with this gang....It will be hilarious if he turns out to be a central character in the end.

3 minutes ago, anamika said:

SweetRobin be doing with this gang....It will be hilarious if he turns out to be a central character in the end.

Lol. I’m not surprised to see Sweetrobin to be honest. I’m glad to see D and D finally trying to show some type of logic. With Littlefingers death, it really would have made no sense for The Vale army to just be chilling up in Winterfell with absolutely no word to the Lord they actually serve, Robin Arryn. Sansa doesn’t ACTUALLY own them. The Knights of the Vale are actually sworn to the Lord of the Vale, so it would make sense for them to actually have him make some sort of appearance next season. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Lol. I’m not surprised to see Sweetrobin to be honest. I’m glad to see D and D finally trying to show some type of logic. With Littlefingers death, it really would have made no sense for The Vale army to just be chilling up in Winterfell with absolutely no word to the Lord they actually serve, Robin Arryn. Sansa doesn’t ACTUALLY own them. The Knights of the Vale are actually sworn to the Lord of the Vale, so it would make sense for them to actually have him make some sort of appearance next season. 

I always felt SR survive, in book excerpts he seems smarter then he acts, maybe a little Pycelle in him. LOL

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I always felt SR survive, in book excerpts he seems smarter then he acts, maybe a little Pycelle in him. LOL

I loved Pycelle. I thought he was hilarious ???

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

More from /BoatsexBaby:

”That’s a good scenario but I’m pretty sure it’s a battle. Part of the final showdown, some of which may have been filmed already in Belfast. There should be more evening/night shoots happening soon I believe, if they haven’t started already.”

”I was waiting for Kit to show up after Jacob was spotted yesterday. Iain showing up is just more confirmation. I will admit I am slightly worried about all these characters being part of the Dragonpit sequence though.”

Duh! Of course it is a battle. What else could it be with the Night King in attendance? 

(edited)
53 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Tumblr would explode in rage if Sansa became betrothed to SweetRobin in order to get his help! Though Lino has grown up to be a decent looking chap.

Edited by anamika
1 minute ago, anamika said:

Tumblr would explode in rage if Sansa became betrothed to SweetRobin in order to get his help!

Sansa has so many suitors, someone is bound to explode. LOL

I don't think Robyn's as dumb or feeble as people think, of course I'm going by book excerpts.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GraceK said:

Agreed. Also, if the NK's army gets past Winterfell, then the Vale would be its sights. I would expect the Vale army to send men ahead or to send word that Lord Arryn should be escorted south. 

Some tidbits about filming yesterday from /RedB04 at FF:

1. Filming wrapped at 9:00 pm.

2. Lino was filming. (We heard from another source posted up thread that Maisie, Sophie and Iain were filming as well.)

3. Vlad (NK) filmed without makeup in different places.

4. Kit was on set between 7 and 9 but probably not to film anything.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

3. Vlad (NK) filmed without makeup in different places.

Vlad can fill for some stunts. He did that for the tower of joy battle scene, if I'm not mistaken.  

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, GraceK said:

HA! Called it! ???

You did. Although, he might have been setting marks for where the NK will be located on the green screen, not doing stunts.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am wondering if the fact that they were supposedly there filming for at least a week without actors suggests that /BoatsexBaby is right about the Dragonpit stuff being a battle sequence with parts filmed in Belfast. They may have been filming an empty amphitheatre so that they can CGI in whatever battle stuff they may have filmed in Belfast.

The original schedule was that filming would stop by the 19th and the site would be closed for another eight days for the crew to dismantle the platform they built and restore the site, but seven days of filming--even with night shoots--really doesn't seem like all that much for any kind of battle, even assuming there was filming of separate material in Belfast for the same sequence. I dunno.

/BoatsexBaby also knows far more than they're telling and is leery of giving anything big away, so skepticism is warranted as always.

Los Siete Reinos hasn't provided much inside information as they usually do for Spain shoots, other than the rumour about a night shoot with Peter and Liam, so whatever is going on at Italica must be pretty spoilery. L7R did provide the following list of characters whose actors are now in Seville (or were as of yesterday):

Jon, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Davos, Gendry, Varys, Sam, Brienne, Jaqen, Robin, Jorah, and Yara

They can't confirm Vlad's continued presence (although according to /RedB04 he was filming yesterday), nor Faye's (since she hasn't been seen since Thursday). They do confirm that Lena and NCW have left Seville, but that's not really news since both actors have been spotted elsewhere.

They also mentioned that Grey Worm's actor was seen, but I guess they don't know whether or not he's still there, which is why he isn't on their list.

I had thought that Peter had already left Seville, but L7R claims that he's still there, so I guess we'll see.

There may be others there who are keeping a low profile. I have yet to see one photo of Iain Glen in Seville, but he has apparently been there since Wednesday. It also sounds as if Rupert Vansittart (Yohn Royce) is there as well from fan reports, but there are no photos to date.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

That is mean!!!! I feel like this has reached epic levels of trolling. Also , if I hear the word Bittersweet one more time ?????

Edited by GraceK
(edited)
17 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

Hotel security is saying that there will be cast departures tomorrow.

Peter, Maisie, Gwen, Sophie and maybe others had dinner together.

So what do we think?

1. Sansa’s last scene ever in the show

1A. Sansa’s death scene

2. The last scene Sophie will shoot

3. The last scene Sophie will shoot with Maisie and/or Peter and/or Gwen and/or others

We’ll see who leaves tomorrow.

....Sandor is dead, isn’t he?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

So what do we think?

1A. Sansa’s death scene

3. The last scene Sophie will shoot with Maisie and/or Peter and/or Gwen and/or others

NCW said that there is two more months of filming so I choose "3."

(edited)
12 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

NCW said that there is two more months of filming so I choose "3."

The Dark Phoenix peeps think that Sophie won’t be available to do reshoots until September, so that suggests that Sophie will be tied up with GOT until filming ends in July or whenever it is, so I tend to doubt 2, myself.

I’m skeptical about 3, since those actors have only filmed two or three seasons with her each: Peter (S2-4), Maisie (S1, S7) and Gwen (S5-7). I doubt she would be that torn up about no longer filming with Maisie: she filmed the bulk of the show without her.

1 would be my guess. 1A seems unlikely, since the only antagonist actor filming is Vlad, but I do recall Oona Chaplin tweeting sentiments similar to Sophie’s after they shot the Red Wedding, so who knows?

At least with multiple 8x06 scenes filmed with Sophie and Rory nowhere in sight we can finally, finally, finally say that SanSan isn’t endgame. Thank God.

Edited by Eyes High
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I am wondering if the fact that they were supposedly there filming for at least a week without actors suggests that /BoatsexBaby is right about the Dragonpit stuff being a battle sequence with parts filmed in Belfast. They may have been filming an empty amphitheatre so that they can CGI in whatever battle stuff they may have filmed in Belfast.

That would make a lot of sense. Given the historical significance of the dragonpit site I’m guessing they wouldn’t be allowed to film a big battle there. Cleganebowl or a small fight between 2 to 4 people they might be able to get away with. But a big fight scene would probably be too risky damage wise.

(edited)
2 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

That would make a lot of sense. Given the historical significance of the dragonpit site I’m guessing they wouldn’t be allowed to film a big battle there. Cleganebowl or a small fight between 2 to 4 people they might be able to get away with. But a big fight scene would probably be too risky damage wise.

They filmed all the Meereen fighting pit stuff on a historical site, though.

I'm second-guessing the battle theory now that it seems as if today was the last day in Seville for multiple cast members.

Another thing that's unclear is whether Kit filmed today. He was seen at the pool in the morning.

ETA: /BoatsexBaby says that Kit was doing stunt rehearsals today with Jacob (Grey Worm).

...You know, I was thinking:

1. If there has been filming on Thursday, Friday, yesterday and today involving the various Team Stark members minus Jon...

2. And if the scenes are from 8x06...

3. And if Emilia was absent and Kit only arrived yesterday and filmed nothing yesterday or today...

4. And if the scene filmed today was the last Sansa scene in 8x06...

5. And if Sophie and other cast members playing various members of Team Stark are leaving Seville tomorrow...

6. And if the remaining scenes to be shot are from 8x05...***

7. Then can we conclude that Dany and Jon don’t make it?

***This is a guess based on spoilers that 8x05 scenes will be filmed in Seville as well.

Everyone’s going nuts over Kit finally showing up, but he was still absent from 8x06 scenes being filmed over four days (and potentially night shoots as well) involving everyone on Team Stark except him, including his siblings and his BFFs Sam and Davos. Weird.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)

So what do we think?

1A. Sansa’s death scene

I could see 1 or 2.  I'm not sure 3 would warrant a tweet, but then, psychoanalyzing what would prompt a given castmember to give a particular statement is often a crapshoot that has misled many a fan over the years.  1A I doubt simply because I don't think she'd hint at a major plot development in such a manner.

Though now that I think about it, it could also be:

4.  Sophie posted this tweet to deliberately rile people up and get them speculating, just as the cast often does with their pre-premiere public statements.

I guess we'll know, to some extent, based on whether she's seen in filming areas more.

Edited by SeanC
(edited)

ETA: /BoatsexBaby says that Kit was doing stunt rehearsals today with Jacob (Grey Worm).

...You know, I was thinking:

1. If there has been filming on Thursday, Friday, yesterday and today involving the various Team Stark members minus Jon...

2. And if the scenes are from 8x06...

3. And if Emilia was absent and Kit only arrived yesterday and filmed nothing yesterday or today...

4. And if the scene filmed today was the last Sansa scene in 8x06...

5. And if Sophie and other cast members playing various members of Team Stark are leaving Seville tomorrow...

6. And if the remaining scenes to be shot are from 8x05...***

7. Then can we conclude that Dany and Jon don’t make it?

***This is a guess based on spoilers that 8x05 scenes will be filmed in Seville as well.

Everyone’s going nuts over Kit finally showing up, but he was still absent from 8x06 scenes being filmed over four days (and potentially night shoots as well) involving everyone on Team Stark except him, including his siblings and his BFFs Sam and Davos. Weird.

If both Jon and Dany are dead, what are they filming for the next two months? 

Edited by SimoneS