Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

I've decided in my headcanon that a drunken Pod comforts a drunken Brienne one cold lonely night in Winterfell and they hook up; next morning she's all, "...Jaime who??"

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

From the spoilers, I don't expect I'll cry at the GOT finale, but Jon reuniting with Tormund and Ghost might just do the trick.

I'm not a crier, but I was very moved by Jaime and Tyrion last scene in the show. I want to be moved by Jon and Arya farewall, but D&D didn't care at all about writing the Starks siblings with the same level of "care" they gave to the Lannisters, so...

Edited by Raachel2008
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Jon is dead.  He died.

They left out Lady Stoneheart, but the used Beric to show Jon's future.

He will complete whatever tasks he has left (I think one task was rallying the troops to defeat the NK, and in the book?  That may well be his only task.)

Since he's still alive though?  He has something else to do before he dies for real.  Logically, that would be killing Dany, the mass murderer, and it could have been wonderful, if they'd been given scenes to make ANYONE believe they loved each other.

Him walking off to the North and reuniting with Ghost and Tormand?  Makes no sense at all by story canon (Beric) UNLESS there really is a scene that implies the whole NK/WW stuff may be happening again, and it will be his job, eventually, to do it all again, defeat them all again.

Could that happen?  Maybe.

I’m sorry I don’t really get this.

Beric died bc he didn’t resurrect again after the first death following completion of his task. His purpose was fulfilled.  That death occurred immediately bc he died while doing it (blocking the doorway to save Arya).

If Jon’s task is to kill Dany, he won’t resurrect after his next death. So if GW skewers him or Drogon toasts him like a s’more right after he does it, then the leaks of him going to the north are wrong. If he survives as the leaks say and goes north, he stays dead the next time he dies whenever that is.

If Jon’s task isn’t to kill Dany and the writers resurrect the NK threat, then he’ll keep resurrecting each time he dies until he completes his task. If he dies. And since they already fought the dead successfully, maybe it’ll be easier the next time.

Either way, Jon can be happy. It’s the game of thrones he hates.

Edited by chrisvee
Typo
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, chrisvee said:

Beric died bc he didn’t resurrect again after the first death following completion of his task. His purpose was fulfilled.  That death occurred immediately bc he died while doing it (blocking the doorway to save Arya).

If Jon’s task is to kill Dany, he won’t resurrect after his next death. So if GW skewers him or Drogon toasts him like a s’more right after he does it, then the leaks of him going to the north are wrong. If he survives as the leaks say and goes north, he stays dead the next time he dies whenever that is.

if Jon’s task isn’t to kill Dany and the writers resurrect the NK threat, then he’ll keep resurrecting each time he dies until he completes his task. If he dies. And since they already fought the dead successfully, maybe it’ll be easier the next time.

So you think his task is just going to be left out there dangling?

With these writers, it may very well be, but I seriously doubt it will happen in the books.

Either he dies after killing Dany, or he dies after killing the NK.  Either way, he's dead, unless...

there is truth to that spoiler about him seeing evidence of the WW threat returning, which we all dismissed back when it came out.

All I'm asking here is, could that be true? 

If so, Drogon probably has eggs hidden away in Valyria as well.

Do I think this will happen?  20/80, with the odds going to NO.  Could it?  Yup. 

IF FIRE exists, I think ICE does as well, there are no spoilers of Drogon being killed...just stuff to think about.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, stagmania said:

I would be more willing to believe this was intentional if they hadn’t dropped the ball on every aspect of Jon’s story this season. But they have. They just don’t seem interested in him.

D&D’s interest in Jon Snow began and ended with “Kit is short” jokes. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, chrisvee said:

If Jon’s task isn’t to kill Dany and the writers resurrect the NK threat, then he’ll keep resurrecting each time he dies until he completes his task. If he dies. And since they already fought the dead successfully, maybe it’ll be easier the next time.

Your logic is impeccable except he needs someone to resurrect him. Melisandre is dead. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

So you think his task is just going to be left out there dangling?

With these writers, it may very well be, but I seriously doubt it will happen in the books.

Either he dies after killing Dany, or he dies after killing the NK.  Either way, he's dead, unless...

there is truth to that spoiler about him seeing evidence of the WW threat returning, which we all dismissed back when it came out.

All I'm asking here is, could that be true? 

If so, Drogon probably has eggs hidden away in Valyria as well.

Do I think this will happen?  20/80, with the odds going to NO.  Could it?  Yup. 

IF FIRE exists, I think ICE does as well, there are no spoilers of Drogon being killed...just stuff to think about.

I’m assuming Jon’s task is to kill Dany or Jon’s task was to distract Viserion so he wouldn’t flash freeze Arya.

If Jon kills Dany and Drogon s’mores him but he doesn’t resurrect, that’s proof for me. If he survives after killing Dany and goes north I’ll assume he dies offscreen after Tormund squeezes his little crow too hard and Jon doesn’t resurrect.

If the writers show me a hint that dead will rise again, I’ll assume Jon’ll be better prepared to fight them next time and will live happily with Tormund, Ghost, and the free people until he completes his task or his next step is to visit Tyrion, Bran, and the Council to mobilize. Otherwise nothing makes sense.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Your logic is impeccable except he needs someone to resurrect him. Melisandre is dead. 

Do we know that another Red Priest/ess couldn’t do it? Are they all dead?

Or is your point that it doesn’t matter whether Jon fulfills his task? Bc he’s dead the next time he’s killed since there is no one to resurrect him and he’s on his last animation??

I don’t see why we should assume task completion results in someone dropping dead immediately. We’d also have to assume Beric was protected by a force field that protected him during his last animation until he could complete his task that didn’t exist each time before when he had to be resurrected.

Hard to imagine Jon’s task isn’t to kill Dany or to have saved Arya.

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, chrisvee said:

Then your argument is that it doesn’t matter whether he fulfills his task? Bc he’s dead the next time he’s killed since there is no one to resurrect him?

I don’t see why we should assume task completion results in someone dropping dead immediately.

Because of Beric.

Because of Mellisandre.

both finished, both dropped dead

It might also explain why GRRM was SO furious they left Lady Stoneheart out.  So, D&D made sure Beric and Melly had words to say why they were dying.  Since they barely used words in this final season, that's significant.

1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

Because of Beric.

Because of Mellisandre.

both finished, both dropped dead

It might also explain why GRRM was SO furious they left Lady Stoneheart out.  So, D&D made sure Beric and Melly had words to say why they were dying.  Since they barely used words in this final season, that's significant.

Melisandre didn’t drop dead. She took off her necklace (which was preserving her life) and let old age kill her. 

Beric was skewered and died from those wounds.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, chrisvee said:

Do we know that another Red Priest/ess couldn’t do it? Are they all dead?

Or is your point that it doesn’t matter whether Jon fulfills his task? Bc he’s dead the next time he’s killed since there is no one to resurrect him and he’s on his last animation??

I don’t see why we should assume task completion results in someone dropping dead immediately. We’d also have to assume Beric was protected by a force field that protected him during his last animation until he could complete his task that didn’t exist each time before when he had to be resurrected.

Hard to imagine Jon’s task isn’t to kill Dany or to have saved Arya.

No i meant he will need someone anyone capable of resurrecting him. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Sorry, not sure why that's there. I think the problem I have with the J+D love story is the utter lack of chemistry on screen between the two actors as much as it is a poorly drawn love story. WHy do they love each other exactly? Because she went north and he bent the knee? That's transactional. We didn't even get a bunch of scenes where Jon says "Father used to say" every third sentence, I mean how did they bond? 

I agree. I feel like 90% of their relationship had to come from the audience imagining all these deep conversations and bonding moments happening off-screen. On-screen, they barely interacted beyond the back-and-forth about bending the knee and that one love scene. 

I don't know if that was intentional because Jon/Dany was never the endgame, or if the storyline was just rushed, but I never found their union to be authentic.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13
50 minutes ago, Francie said:

It’s true and it’s honestly mind blowing. I’ve never seen creators treat their own protagonist so poorly. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Francie said:

Also, "Jon is hot but incredibly dumb." 

27 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know if that was intentional because Jon/Dany was never the endgame, or if the storyline was just rushed, but I never found their union to be authentic.

To be fair, Jaime/Brienne was never endgame, either, but that pairing got a decent slow burn and believable buildup. On the other hand, D&D only had seven episodes to take Jon and Dany from strangers to lovers, and they only met in the third of those episodes.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 9

Also, if the spoilers are true, which, hello, probably are?

If ANYTHING on the show deserved appropriate build up?  It was Dany and Jon's "love."

Not Cersei and Jamie, not Jaime and Brienne, but the guy who kills the real 'big bad' who is also the love of his life, and his auntie at the end.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

HBO presents Game of Spin

A reliable source of information has some PR info to share. Apparently HBO has issued some directives to networks who air Game of Thrones in various countries for how to address the show and fans after the finale.

Expect fewer network sponsored live tweets during the episode, after shows, and far less interaction between network and audience on social media platforms like Twitter. There's basically an embargo on commentary and interaction coming from the networks for at least a week after the finale airs. They want no social media interaction between networks and fans until at least after the documentary airs.

If the network you watch GoT on previously made playful posts, jokes, and their own compilation clips to drum up hype during this season we'd be interested in hearing from you if they suddenly dry up. Same goes for after shows that aired all season but don't after the finale.

Game of Thrones is over, now we enter the Game of Spin.

Source. https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bpwd0e/hbo_presents_game_of_spin/

Edited by Chiny11
(edited)

Yowza, if HBO is already in damage control mode, I wonder if there's content that's going to be worse than the spoilers that have already leaked? 

I've never seen anything like this before, where a network's effectively instituted a gag order until the furor dies down.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Chiny11 said:

HBO presents Game of Spin

A reliable source of information has some PR info to share. Apparently HBO has issued some directives to networks who air Game of Thrones in various countries for how to address the show and fans after the finale.

Expect fewer network sponsored live tweets during the episode, after shows, and far less interaction between network and audience on social media platforms like Twitter. There's basically an embargo on commentary and interaction coming from the networks for at least a week after the finale airs. They want no social media interaction between networks and fans until at least after the documentary airs.

If the network you watch GoT on previously made playful posts, jokes, and their own compilation clips to drum up hype during this season we'd be interested in hearing from you if they suddenly dry up. Same goes for after shows that aired all season but don't after the finale.

Game of Thrones is over, now we enter the Game of Spin.

Source. https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bpwd0e/hbo_presents_game_of_spin/

Yikes. How bad is this thing going to be?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yowza, if HBO is already in damage control mode, I wonder if there's content that's going to be worse than the spoilers that have already leaked? 

I've never seen anything like this before, where a network's effectively instituted a gag order until the furor dies down.

The petition on line to "redo" season 8 with decent writers is closing in fast on a million signatures right now.

I skipped over from rants about GoT to rants about the Disney versions of the Star Wars saga accidentally.  (I haven't seen them, and have no interest in doing so) but WOW, the fans rip those directors and writers apart.

Could all this backlash hurt careers?  Who knows?  Maybe?

3 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Yikes. How bad is this thing going to be?

What kind of contracts did these actors have to sign to be gagged AFTER the series has been shown?

Holy hell, that is incredible.  IF it's even legal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

What kind of contracts did these actors have to sign to be gagged AFTER the series has been shown?

Holy hell, that is incredible.  IF it's even legal.

The embargo being discussed applies to the networks, not the actors. Jacob Anderson did an interview very recently.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The embargo being discussed applies to the networks, not the actors. Jacob Anderson did an interview very recently.

thanks.

I was so shocked that I jumped to a conclusion.  Oopsie.

We all know D and D are cowards, they already told us they won't be responding.

I think actors responses, for the most part will be measured.  They want to work again.  A few drunken tweets might slip out though.  😉

• Love 1
(edited)

Meh.  I'm not yet impressed.   Game of Thrones will end.  John and Jane Q Public will move on and D&D will be the scourge of ASOIAF forums for years to come. The end.

It's funny because based on Emilia Clarkes comments at a recent comics convention with the Missandei actress, she wouldn't do anything else Game of Thrones related unless D&D were involved.

Edited by Advance35
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I could see this just being for what we already know - Jon Snow is going to murder Daenerys. We’ve known for weeks that this was the likely end so we’ve grown used to the idea, but it will be genuinely shocking for a lot of viewers. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I saw more than a few casual unspoiled viewers prick their ears up on Twitter at Jon and Tormund's "This is goodbye, OR IS IT?" conversation in 8x04, so even Jon going North won't come as a complete surprise, I think. The only real shock will be King Bran, I think.

It is hilarious to me that the only endgame ship left standing other than Sam/Gilly will be Tormund/Jon. Jon ends up with a cute wildling kissed by fire, just not Ygritte.

In retrospect, if you assume that Jon was always going to find out about his claim, his claim was always going to become public knowledge, and Jon was never going to get over the incest, Jon and Dany's romance seems horribly doomed in retrospect, like a Greek tragedy. Jon wouldn't be Jon if he could get over the incest, and Dany wouldn't be Dany if she could give up on the throne rather than cede to Jon's claim.

Also in retrospect, Drogon staring Jon down in 8x01 when he was kissing Dany was a symbolic nod to how his Targ parentage would end up tearing them apart. It seems very ominous on rewatch.

They might have picked it up, but I see the outrage coming. D@d did not build this ending at all, it doesn't fit what they created.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, stagmania said:

I could see this just being for what we already know - Jon Snow is going to murder Daenerys. We’ve known for weeks that this was the likely end so we’ve grown used to the idea, but it will be genuinely shocking for a lot of viewers. 

Maybe.

Our unsullied guessed it though.

It's actually pretty predictable.

After all, what else can Jon possibly do?  Join the mass murderer and make more incest babies?  Sit next to her on a tiny throne?  Become her Queen's Guard and keep her sexually happy so she won't have Drogon incinerate him?

• LOL 1
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

They know the outrage is coming. Honestly you'd think they would use a better ending if one is filmed.

Gut still says some sort of sequel is coming, whether it be a movie or spinoff. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Maybe.

Our unsullied guessed it though.

It's actually pretty predictable.

After all, what else can Jon possibly do?  Join the mass murderer and make more incest babies?  Sit next to her on a tiny throne?  Become her Queen's Guard and keep her sexually happy so she won't have Drogon incinerate him?

Anyone who spends time on these forums obsessing about the show is not a normal viewer. 🙂

I don’t think anyone is expecting a happy ending or even for Daenerys to survive. But it’s pretty shocking for the hero of the show to straight up murder her when her defenses are down. Seeing Jon do that will be hard for some to swallow, especially because they’ve set it up so poorly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Raachel2008 said:

I don't think people will be pissed off by Jon going North, but the King Bran thing will cause a riot.

But in the show he fell for a feisty personality, dry humor, strong will, along other traits - many or them shared with Dany in some level. I don't mind the Jon/Dany thing, I just don't think they are the best actors on screen and it shows in most of their scenes. 

I guess Drogon wouldn't kill him because he is part Targ. 

I'm not sure why Grey Worm doesn't kill Jon, maybe he knows Jon is now the king and don't want to start a war with whoever is left to fight?

Ro be fair Jon's people always wanted to slaughter her people, so...

Alone maybe not. But combined with Danny killed and bran as king, Martin might get his fear of the pitchforks comming.

1 minute ago, stagmania said:

Anyone who spends time on these forums obsessing about the show is not a normal viewer. 🙂

I don’t think anyone is expecting a happy ending or even for Daenerys to survive. But it’s pretty shocking for the hero of the show to straight up murder her when her defenses are down. Seeing Jon do that will be hard for some to swallow, especially because they’ve set it up so poorly. 

That too, if he defeated her in battle, and bran wargs into Drogon helping him do it. The results work better. How it's outlined just sucks.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, bijoux said:

I hated the message from the book that the gang rape was okay when she was supposed to be a whore, but oh, noes when it was revealed she wasn’t. Shut the fuck up! (Not you, Martin) It was still vile and horrible even if she is a whore. Then again, I was still plenty mad at the show when Bronn made a comment about killing whoever did that to him. Not saying it wasn’t traumatizing for Tyrion, but he is not the biggest victim here. So just, shut up, Bronn, go jump over a cliff.

Its even worst on the show, why even bring her up here?  At least in the book  it spurred him on to kill his father, here it just serves as a tee hee drinking game story for Dinkelage's emmy reel. should be treated as horrific yet it basically becomes a throwaway likely cuz these fools didn't want Tywin to seem as cruel and horrendous as he actually was.

Some portions of the ending are fine.  Let's be real if there's anybody qualified to hire a king's cabinet based on their past actions, it's Bran and Tyrion's a hell of a diplomat, so I'm fine with him being defacto King, Jon going up north to be with his wilding fam works, Sansa in Winterfell, sure why not. However, that Arya ending is just silly, The unsullied and the dothraki shrugging and just going home after their queen was just murdered is eh and Dany being killed in what Im sure will be a "shock murder" is  just infuriating. I get it has to be Jon since he's the only person left that she trusts to let her guard down around, but it doesn't cast Jon in the best light. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I think Bran as King is going to go over like a lead balloon. A monotone, one-note character who sits around like a mute until it's time to drop a callback line? Social media is going to be an inferno on Sunday.

Like I said upthread, these plot points are going to play out much better in the books. Show-wise, viewers don't have enough invested emotionally in Bran to be satisfied with the ending. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
(edited)
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Bran as King is going to go over like a lead balloon. A monotone, one-note character who sits around like a mute until it's time to drop a callback line? Social media is going to be an inferno on Sunday.

Like I said upthread, these plot points are going to play out much better in the books. Show-wise, viewers don't have enough invested emotionally in Bran to be satisfied with the ending. 

The frustrating thing is that they had eight seasons or at worst two seasons after Bran’s transformation into the 3ER to make King Bran a compelling or at least plausible ending, but instead they’ve turned Bran into this creepy, inscrutable robot who feels nothing and does nothing. They could have teased Bran as following some sort of Leto-type Golden Path or as a cunning Machiavellian figure using his omniscience to guide events, but instead they’ve leaned hard into the idea of Bran just chilling uselessly while everyone runs around trying to get shit done. If Tyrion’s going to end up ruling anyway, why not just make him king and cut out the middle man?It’s utterly baffling. 

Also, King Bran isn’t even Bran anymore, as the 3ER would tell you. At this point, “Bran” is a thing wearing Bran’s face. It’s like Fred and Illyria, for those who get that reference.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

He hasn't had any build up towards it and has barely done anything. If they spent more time with him then maybe it would have worked.

• Love 2
Just now, Eyes High said:

The frustrating thing is that they had eight seasons or at worst two seasons after Bran’s transformation into the 3ER to make King Bran a compelling or at least plausible ending, but instead they’ve turned Bran into this creepy, inscrutable robot who feels nothing and does nothing. It’s utterly baffling.

This x a million. I can't think of a reason why the 3ER needs to be such a downer of a character. He could've been Wikipedia on Wheels and still retained his humanity.

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Even before the season started there were very good odds on this on the pool/betting websites.  I remember thinking they were crazy or just trying to play the odds.  Now I don’t wonder but whether someone had inside information.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

It's funny because based on Emilia Clarkes comments at a recent comics convention with the Missandei actress, she wouldn't do anything else Game of Thrones related unless D&D were involved.

Yes, but according to 10-second YouTube clips, Emilia hated the season and hates D&D. Also Peter Dinklage looked up at a reporter which means he was rolling his eyes about GoT. Also Kit Harington was completely serious when he called the show disappointing. Also when the actors talk about crying or being emotional, it means they hate Game of Thrones. And D&D.

Even if the actors were not pleased with this season, I sincerely doubt they would be pleased with everyone trashing the show, with a fucking petition to redo it. That's their hard work too, and Game of Thrones has made many of their careers. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ever since Jon told her he was a Targ I’ve seen the relationship get more and more cold.  I wish it had been hotter to begin with then it would make more sense.  Maybe it was rushed.  Initially she looks at him and declares he would take what’s hers.  His look (because apparently Kit isn’t allowed dialogue anymore) is like WTF?  Then slowly it ramps up.  The look on his face when she called out Gendry at the feast said he thought she was going to behead him.  And Davos had the same look.  And in the last episodes he actually sounds like Sansa did with Joffrey.  You’re my queen.  The same way that Sansa would say you’re my king just to stay alive. Not sure if he’s just being stoic or that he’s trying to figure out how to get out of all this.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Minneapple said:

Even if the actors were not pleased with this season, I sincerely doubt they would be pleased with everyone trashing the show, with a fucking petition to redo it. That's their hard work too, and Game of Thrones has made many of their careers. 

And they don’t want to burn their future.  HBO and D&D will have a long life.  An actor wants to work and in this era most would kill for another HBO drama.  So I wouldn’t look to an actor for an honest reaction.

Let’s see what the documentary shows us and I don’t mean the actor who is center camera I’ll be watching the people that think they aren’t on camera.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, HighwayFlower said:

Petition is over 900k now... we all know it’s a useless statement, but that must be a record of some sort.  Not the award they probably wanted though! Lol!

They are LOLing all the way to the bank.  The ratings are great.  The publicity that things like this petition garner is priceless.  You could do your thesis on how to generate buzz in a viral world based on this season of GoT.  It’s exactly what they wanted.  And on top of that I bet they still get plenty of Emmys and GGlobes.  They’ve popped the champs and are laughing their asses off.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Also, King Bran isn’t even Bran anymore, as the 3ER would tell you. At this point, “Bran” is a thing wearing Bran’s face. It’s like Fred and Illyria, for those who get that referenc

At least they gave Illyria character development so her end fit ,unlike Bran who's basically just in the show to advance the plot when needed.  While I see the wisdom of Bran as king, it unfortunately doesn't fit with what we've been shown. And no a few talks with Tyrion doesn't change that.

11 minutes ago, HighwayFlower said:

Petition is over 900k now... we all know it’s a useless statement, but that must be a record of some sort.  Not the award they probably wanted though! Lol!

Might affect them come awards season, but I doubt it.   Though I would love to be a fly on the wall at disneys headquarters behind this. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I have friend, ever the optimist, who thinks someone leaked legitimate spoilers for episode 4-5 along with fake spoilers for 6. That way when the leaks from 4-5 came to pass, people would believe the leaks for 6 are also true even though they are not. And then we’d all be shocked by what really happens in the final episode.  I admire his optimism but I don’t think anyone who was helming GoT is that clever. 

ETA: The more I think about it, they should have ended the series with Dany destroying King’s Landing, killing Jon, Tyrion, and everybody who opposed her, and then taking the throne while Drogon roared behind her. Or she simply melts the throne and proclaims a new era in Westeros. That would have been amazing ending. 

Edited by ShellsandCheese
  • Love 11

I just want this guy to take on GoT, hope he watches this.  This is only part ONE of his take down of the Star Wars franchise under Disney, and it's brilliant.  Also a nice break from GoT plot holes and nonsense. 

Spoiler

I know we have a bunch of rants out there, but I want something like this, calmly and logically explaining exactly where D and D fucked up.  It has almost nothing to do with Dany, btw, IMO.

We knew D&D were going to hide, but it's pretty strange to see this gag order on more than them.

The show will win awards for special effects and production teams (well deserved) and probably even cinematography etc.  It may win a few acting awards.  That doesn't lessen the giant mess and disservice it did to the characters and the overall story though.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Eyes High said:

The Lost ending had me full-on sobbing. Any show that manages to get that kind of emotional reaction out of its viewers did something right.

From the spoilers, I don't expect I'll cry at the GOT finale, but Jon reuniting with Tormund and Ghost might just do the trick.

Full on sobbing too at that finale. I’m not so hopeful for that kind of emotional response Sunday night. Tyrion and Jamie’s goodbye and Arya and The Hound’s final scene wrung some genuine emotion but I can’t imagine what would produce the same effect Sunday night. 

• Love 5

I am sure Emilia Clarke wants to continue working in Hollywood considering she's living in the States now and dissing your former showrunners is not the done thing. No matter how displeased one is. We have seen actors getting backlisted for daring to complain about the shows/films that made them famous.

Joe Dempsie criticizing the show and Jacob Anderson calling him 'brave' and asking if he does not want a part in Star Wars at around .30 seconds in this video is telling:

Joe is also not that attached to the show or the writers and hence maybe can be more free in what he can say about the show. Conleth Hill has also openly talked about his disappointment.

And as Maisie Williams repeatedly stated in her interviews when asked about the ending - it's done now. This is a character they have spend a lot of time with and grew up with and it's done and they have finished filming. Nothing can be changed and it's better and happier for all of them as actors to accept that and move on (Around the 1 minute mark in the video below)

Sure, we will see some of the actors criticize the show and the writing. But for the most part, if they want to continue working in Hollywood, we are not going to see anything against the showrunners. The show made them rich and famous after all. I doubt they are going to be crying over this.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Clawdette said:

If the leak about Drogon flying away with Dany's body is true, I just have one question.

How does he accomplish this?  Is she in his mouth?  Does he grab her and do a head flip so she lands on his back?

Someone said the spoilers say he grabs her in his talons.  But from what we've seen dragons launch themselves into the air with their feet.  The way I pictured it, he gently picks her up in his mouth.  That would probably be more difficult CGI than using his feet though.

People keep talking about Drogon laying eggs in Valyria.  If I'm not mistaken, we don't really know Drogon's gender.  All the dragons are named after males though.  Anyway, even if they can change genders, who is the father?  If there are other dragons in Valyria, he could just as easily impregnate a female dragon, and she could have the eggs.

In any case, I don't expect to see Drogon again on the show after he flies off with Dany.

3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

If Tyrion’s going to end up ruling anyway, why not just make him king and cut out the middle man?It’s utterly baffling. 

The only reasoning I can see her is the more things change, the more they stay the same. Tywin was really the one in charge duuring most of Aerys' reign, Jon Arryn during Robert's. This is more of the same. 

37 minutes ago, rmontro said:

People keep talking about Drogon laying eggs in Valyria.  If I'm not mistaken, we don't really know Drogon's gender.  All the dragons are named after males though.  Anyway, even if they can change genders, who is the father?  If there are other dragons in Valyria, he could just as easily impregnate a female dragon, and she could have the eggs.

They don't have a gender. 

• Love 1

Oh, and for anyone who really thinks those YouTube clips are the actors secretly hating the season, here's an interview with Isaac Hempstead Wright in the Hollywood Reporter:

I know there has been a lot of backlash about this recent episode. I don't really understand it. What people were hoping for is an Avengers-esque thing where all the superpowers are explained and everybody comes together and there's a big team effort. Game of Thrones isn't like that. It's unpredictable by nature. The fact that characters are not doing what people want them to do? It's a good thing. The fact that people are getting pissed off and having a big emotional response? That's the reason why Game of Thrones is successful. It doesn't do what everyone wants them to do. I saw today there's a petition to redo the ending…

What are your thoughts on that?

It's just absurd. I can't even fathom it. It's just ridiculous. (Laughs.) It's ridiculous that people think they can just demand a different ending because they don't like it. I have stupidly taken it quite personally, which obviously I shouldn't. In my opinion, it's a great ending. I think it's that this is a character everyone loves. Dany is a brilliant character who has done so many fabulous things and saved so many people. People have complained there wasn't enough foreshadowing of that. But time upon time, she's demonstrated a capacity to be quite brutal.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Oh, and for anyone who really thinks those YouTube clips are the actors secretly hating the season, here's an interview with Isaac Hempstead Wright in the Hollywood Reporter:

Zagging when the audience expects zigging solely for the sake of zagging isn't necessarily a good thing.  Yes, Dany did good things, but how she was presented in S8E5 ensures that people won't remember her as a dark grey, flawed hero, but as a genocidal maniac who had to be put down.

• Love 10