Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Who has been more credible between Friki and BSB? Friki actually gave us episode 1 after all.

Friki's Dragonpit source is not the episode 1 source, so it's apples and oranges. Watchers on the Wall (back when they actually published spoilers) published a lot of accurate information from some sources but also got it wrong several times. It's been known to happen.

Friki's Dragonpit source also changed their story, particularly about the "gotcha" line that's used to catch Tyrion in his lies (from "I never bet against my family" to "family first" or similar). That's one of the many reasons Friki's Dragonpit info is sketchy, and that's been amply discussed already on this thread.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
(edited)

We don't know that. He never said that.

And Friki has far more experience with leaks than  anyone in this fandom, so I think he is smart enough to deduce real leaks. 

Edited by nikma
(edited)
9 minutes ago, nikma said:

We don't know that. He never said that.

It's obvious, isn't it? The Dragonpit source had some knowledge of S8 plots and only described details of a scene they claim to have seen filmed in Seville, since they describe blocking details of the scene (Tyrion falling to his knees in anguish, e.g.) and costumes the actors were wearing. The episode 1 leaker is someone who works for subtitling, closed captioning or dubbing for Spanish TV who had no S8 information until just weeks prior to broadcast (when they would have received the episodes to prepare subtitles or closed captions for). That's why Friki heard nothing about the Bran/Jaime scene that closes out the episode: there was no dialogue, so the leaker wouldn't know anything about it! As I said, apples and oranges. Not the same people.

And Friki has far more experience with leaks than  anyone in this fandom, so I think he is smart enough to deduce real leaks.

Well, no, because prior to his big Tyrion leaks, he was publishing all kinds of spoiler videos with other spoiler claims, like a report from an Unsullied extra talking about a big battle scene (which Friki later claimed was not actually filmed). He obviously wasn't smart enough to deduce that wasn't a real leak at the time, so why is the Dragonpit Tyrion trial leak any different? It's not like there's just the single unimpeachable Dragonpit Friki leak report: that's just the narrative he finally settled on after months of saying otherwise.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

HBO is broadcasting the whole shebang before the Season 8 premiere.  The Season 1 replay starts Monday at 1:00 PM EDST with Season 2 airing on Tuesday and so on in the same time slot.  While I subscribe to HBO and can watch any time I want to, there's just something about watching during live airing that draws me in.

Watching while having a computer at hand really won't cut down on my spoiler mining, though.  I'm thinking that it's unlikely that we'll get any information other than related to the first episode during this next week.  But, my spoiler-hungry soul is happy to be wrong.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

He obviously wasn't smart enough to deduce that wasn't a real leak at the time, so why is the Dragonpit Tyrion trial leak any differen

Because he never said that it was a leak. If he said something is going to happen then that means it is going to happen.

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:
1 hour ago, nikma said:

It's obvious, isn't it? T

Well, if it was so obvious HBO would find out who his leak is and who is stealing their property  after 3 seasons.

Edited by nikma
(edited)

(Lurker coming out of hiding)

Love reading the discussions you guys have on this forum.

A new "leak" was shared on freefolk by someone who claimed they talked to an extra who worked on episode 5 and 6.  

It seems the person did provide proof to a freefolk moderator showing that they did indeed speak to an extra.  However, still take what they say with a grain of salt.

Quote:

"I spoke with someone who is an extra for episodes 5 and 6 of season 8. I feel it’s my duty to report to the freefolk. If mods (like Ks or Homieprezcomey cause I’d trust you guys probably the most) want to message me for proof, feel free.

5 main characters die in battle of Winterfell episode 3. Did not tell me who.

Davos, Jon, Cersei, Arya, The Hound, Jaime all still alive in episode 5.

During a scene with Jon Snow in ep5 or ep6, witnessed a main character being killed off. All extras were audibly shocked at this death and had to reshoot the scene. Did not tell me who.

In episode 5, Arya, The Hound and Jaime Lannister are with a crowd of people from Fleabottom being ushered through the gates of the red keep, the gates are locked before they can get in, Jaime shows his golden hand to guards but then there is a crush. 

Was there for the overall last day of filming and did not see or know who ends up on the iron throne."

Here's the link to the thread:

https://redd.it/ba43me

They answer questions in the thread.

Edited by Chiny11
Updated
  • Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Chiny11 said:

(Lurker coming out of hiding)

Love reading the discussions you guys have on this forum.

A new "leak" was shared on freefolk by someone who claimed they talked to an extra who worked on episode 5 and 6.  

It seems the person did provide proof to a freefolk moderator showing that they did indeed speak to an extra.  However, still take what they say with a grain of salt.

Quote:

"I spoke with someone who is an extra for episodes 5 and 6 of season 8. I feel it’s my duty to report to the freefolk. If mods (like Ks or Homieprezcomey cause I’d trust you guys probably the most) want to message me for proof, feel free.

5 main characters die in battle of Winterfell episode 3. Did not tell me who.

During a scene with Jon Snow in ep5 or ep6, witnessed a main character being killed off. All extras were audibly shocked at this death and had to reshoot the scene. Did not tell me who.

In episode 5, Arya, The Hound and Jaime Lannister are with a crowd of people from Fleabottom being ushered through the gates of the red keep, the gates are locked before they can get in, Jaime shows his golden hand to guards but then there is a crush. 

Was there for the overall last day of filming and did not see or know who ends up on the iron throne."

Here's the link to the thread:

https://redd.it/ba43me

They answer questions in the thread.

I didn’t pay this much attention at first, but the mods verifying that the OP spoke to an extra is very interesting.

The roll call of characters the extra knows are still alive in 8x05 seems like a list of the characters whose actors were involved in the KL exterior shoots.

I remember another extra who worked on the KL exterior set saying that they had scenes with Maisie, NCW and Rory (although they didn’t specify it was together), so that part checks out.

That 8x05 or 8x06 scene with a main character getting killed could be Jon executing Tyrion in 8x06 after his trial. That would definitely shock the extras. Sounds like something that was done on the KL exterior set at any rate judging from the extra’s other information and that’s a limited number of characters: Sansa and Gendry would be out, for starters. Definitely not Dany, either, since Emilia had shot Dany’s last scene by April (March?) 2018.

The thing about five main characters dying at the Battle of Winterfell is that it depends how you define a main character. Let’s just assume that there are only five named characters who die in 8x03. I think five is a healthy death count for a single episode, since any more than that and the individual deaths don’t matter as much, and any fewer and the battle doesn’t hit hard.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The thing about five main characters dying at the Battle of Winterfell is that it depends how you define a main character

Jorah, Tormund, Theon, Varys(?),... and... Gendry? 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, nikma said:

Jorah, Tormund, Theon, Varys(?),... and... Gendry? 

If you start with the cast of characters we can imagine will be at Winterfell when shit hits the fan, take away Jon, Dany, and all the characters present at Tyrion’s trial according to Friki, you’d get Pod, Jaime (who is apparently alive as of 8x05 according to this new info), Bronn, Theon, Tormund, Jorah, Gendry, Edd, Melisandre, Beric, Varys, Lyanna Mormont, Missandei, and Gilly. (I’m not going to count the direwolves and dragons as characters.) So assuming the new info is correct, we’re looking at five of those. If you define “main character” restrictively, though, you would probably take Lyanna and Edd off the list. I don’t know that I’d call Pod, Beric or Gendry a “main character,” either. So it could be five “main” characters (Theon, Jorah, etc.) plus several minor characters.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
(edited)

@Chiny11, welcome and thanks for posting the leak.

The poster giving the Reddit mod proof of meeting the GoT extra gives this leak the credibility that they never have.

I have to agree that killing Tyrion would shock the hell out of the extras. I could see them audibly gasping. 

My guess at the five main characters: Tormund, Beric, Theon, Podrick, and Melisandre.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, WindyNights said:

I mean you've been wrong before. You've banked on Sansa dying for a while so Arya can be Lady of Winterfell.

You talk as if it's confirmed that Sansa is getting out of this alive, lol.

And yes, assuming that the show is going to have the same endings as the books for the main characters, Sansa is not going to be Lady of Winterfell. I am as sure of this, as I am of Tyrion surviving.

Sansa's endgame is either going to be dead or Lady of the Vale or in the Riverlands or Casterly Rock.

Sansa is not going to be in charge of the Winterfell or the North at the end of the series. I know I am one of the only people here who thinks this, but I stick by this prediction.

And I dunno, but the show has been pretty much going the way I expected. Before season 7, I predicted in the S7 spoilers/speculation thread about Jon/Dany happening, Dany becoming pregnant, Winterfell falling and everyone fleeing south, Tyrion betrayal etc. - and these things maybe happening as per leaks. So I would suggest we wait and see the episodes before pointing fingers about who is wrong and right.

3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Tyrion being stuck with the Lannister legacy seems kind of depressing for him as an endgame. He doesn't really seem like he'd be happy living in his father's shadow and unsuccessfully striving to live up to his father's reputation. But if Tyrion's whole arc boils down to how he just can't quit the Lannisters and permanently wash his hands of his toxic, horrible family and their equally toxic and horrible legacy no matter what they've done to him and no matter what it costs him, and S7 certainly seemed to be pointing to something along those lines, then I guess ending up as the default patriarch of the house and having to knuckle down and rebuild it could work as an ending for him if the Tyrion betrayal/trial thing never happens.

I think it's more about the underdogs rising to the top at the end. When the series started the leaders of each house expected someone else to carry forward their legacy - for House Stark it was Robb and Sansa, for Lannister it was Jaime and Cersei, for Targaryen it was Viserys, for Baratheon it was Joffrey etc. And in the end, it will be the bastards, cripples and broken things who take over. I think that's where GRRM is heading with the story.

It would be the perfect ending for Tywin's legacy to have the son he's always disparaged be responsible for continuing his line. And Tyrion has always, always wanted Casterly Rock.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

@Chiny11, welcome and thanks for posting leak.

The poster giving the Reddit mod proof of meeting the GoT extra gives this leak the credibility that they never have.

I have to agree that killing Tyrion would shock the hell out of the extras. I could see them audibly gasping. 

My guess at the five main characters: Tormund, Beric, Theon, Podrick, and Melisandre.

Thank you 🙂

I am looking forward to the season.  I think between what airs in each episode and the fandom discussions after, season 8 will be a highly entertaining season. 🙂

• Love 1
(edited)

Arya, the Hound, and Jaime being at the Red Keep is what I expected. They will have to through the tunnels to sneak in. Jaime will have his final confrontation with Cersei and kill her, maybe the Mountain then kills Jaime and the Hound and his brother square off. The only thing I thought was that Brienne would be there at Jaime's death. Not sure about Arya, but she could be off killing Qyburn and/or Euron.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chiny11 said:

(During a scene with Jon Snow in ep5 or ep6, witnessed a main character being killed off. All extras were audibly shocked at this death and had to reshoot the scene. Did not tell me who.

Extras are generally given some modicum of direction as to what’s going to happen in a scene, no?  Specifically to get the right reactions.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Extras are generally given some modicum of direction as to what’s going to happen in a scene, no?  Specifically to get the right reactions.

Plus, if it's a Tyrion execution scene after a proper trial, I am sure there will be a lead up to it, rather than Jon suddenly whipping out his sword and taking off his head.

And the leaker confirmed that the extra only mentioned that Jon is in the scene, not specifically that he kills the other character. Could be anyone really - Cersei, Dany, Jaime etc.

I feel like these leaks don't really tell us much if they consider even Pod and Edd to be main characters. We know there has to be a high body count at WF.

We also know that all those characters mentioned filmed at the KL set - so that's nothing new as well.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, anamika said:

Plus, if it's a Tyrion execution scene after a proper trial, I am sure there will be a lead up to it, rather than Jon suddenly whipping out his sword and taking off his head.

And the leaker confirmed that the extra only mentioned that Jon is in the scene, not specifically that he kills the other character. Could be anyone really - Cersei, Dany, Jaime etc.

It can't be anyone. It has to be someone that the extras weren't prepared to see killed in a brutal way despite the direction they were given. It is possible that the extras were not in the trial scene(s) and were standing in a crowd below watching the execution like with Ned.

I still can't wrap my head around Tyrion betraying the Starks and getting executed although from what Peter said in interviews, persuaded me that Tyrion will die.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

It can't be anyone. It has to be someone that the extras weren't prepared to see killed in a brutal way despite the direction they were given. It is possible that the extras were not in the trial scene(s) and were standing in a crowd below watching the execution like with Ned. 

And that's why it can be anyone. It can be Jon killing Dany as Nissa Nissa. It can be Jaime suddenly taking Cersei by the throat and strangling her. It can be the Mountain brutally killing Jaime like he killed Oberyn. It can be Tyrion getting executed.

The only thing that's been told about the scene is that Jon is present and extras are taken aback by the death of a main character in that scene.

There's also the thing that this extra claims that :

And:

So if the character being killed was Tyrion or Dany, then would they not be added to the list of characters that the extra knows survives WF and makes it alive to episode 5  or 6 to be killed off?

The full Sophie/Maisie interview:

https://streamable.com/4hdcx

3 minutes ago, anamika said:

And that's why it can be anyone. It can be Jon killing Dany as Nissa Nissa. It can be Jaime suddenly taking Cersei by the throat and strangling her. It can be the Mountain brutally killing Jaime like he killed Oberyn. It can be Tyrion getting executed.

The only thing that's been told about the scene is that Jon is present and extras are taken aback by the death of a main character in that scene.

I see your point, but I think that it is highly unlikely that Jon or even extras will be present in most of the scenes that you describe based on how other scenes have occurred on the show. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and speculate that Tormund survives, since Kristofer and Kit filmed that scene in Randalstown Forest with the light dusting of fake snow which I suspect is from 8x06. Also, Tormund’s the only named wildling left, so he’s handy to keep around for endgame purposes assuming the wildlings aren’t completely wiped out.

1 hour ago, anamika said:

You talk as if it's confirmed that Sansa is getting out of this alive, lol.

And yes, assuming that the show is going to have the same endings as the books for the main characters, Sansa is not going to be Lady of Winterfell. I am as sure of this, as I am of Tyrion surviving.

Sansa's endgame is either going to be dead or Lady of the Vale or in the Riverlands or Casterly Rock.

Sansa is not going to be in charge of the Winterfell or the North at the end of the series. I know I am one of the only people here who thinks this, but I stick by this prediction.

And I dunno, but the show has been pretty much going the way I expected. Before season 7, I predicted in the S7 spoilers/speculation thread about Jon/Dany happening, Dany becoming pregnant, Winterfell falling and everyone fleeing south, Tyrion betrayal etc. - and these things maybe happening as per leaks. So I would suggest we wait and see the episodes before pointing fingers about who is wrong and right.

I think it's more about the underdogs rising to the top at the end. When the series started the leaders of each house expected someone else to carry forward their legacy - for House Stark it was Robb and Sansa, for Lannister it was Jaime and Cersei, for Targaryen it was Viserys, for Baratheon it was Joffrey etc. And in the end, it will be the bastards, cripples and broken things who take over. I think that's where GRRM is heading with the story.

It would be the perfect ending for Tywin's legacy to have the son he's always disparaged be responsible for continuing his line. And Tyrion has always, always wanted Casterly Rock.

I never would have thought Sansa was getting Winterfell in the books, but right now I have a really hard time believing she has some other endgame in the show as it’s shaping up based on the show itself and the tone of the preseason interviews, and let’s face it, most of us will end up eating crow one way or another when it comes to our long-held endgame assumptions when S8 airs.

55 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Arya, the Hound, and Jaime being at the Red Keep is what I expected. They will have to through the tunnels to sneak in. Jaime will have his final confrontation with Cersei and kill her, maybe the Mountain then kills Jaime and the Hound and his brother square off. The only thing I thought was that Brienne would be there at Jaime's death. Not sure about Arya, but she could be off killing Qyburn and/or Euron.

One thing I noticed about the initial Seville reporting back in 2017 about GOT wanting to come back to film S8 is that they originally wanted to film not just in the Italica ruins but in the Royal Shipyards (Cersei and the dragon skulls in S7) and apparently they didn’t want to film in Italica if they couldn’t get permission to film in the Royal Shipyards as well. They didn’t end up filming in the Royal Shipyards for S8, so they obviously made other arrangements, but I wonder why they were so insistent on getting to use the Royal Shipyards that they were initially prepared to refuse the Italica filming opportunity unless they got the Shipyards, too.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, anamika said:

There's also the thing that this extra claims that :

And:

So if the character being killed was Tyrion or Dany, then would they not be added to the list of characters that the extra knows survives WF and makes it alive to episode 5  or 6 to be killed off?

The full Sophie/Maisie interview:

https://streamable.com/4hdcx

I bet it’s Bran and Jon kills him. It’s a throwback to the first scene in season 1 where Jon makes Bran watch Ned execute that NW deserter. Wouldn’t that be a kick in the pants?

Think about it. An ending no one , not even the cast figured out. Shocking. Ties back to the  first season. 

What’s the motive? Maybe Bran -three eyed Raven Bran is somehow responsible for this whole mess to begin with. Maybe his death is the key to ending the long night or some other magical thing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe he warged Danys dragon and burned KL and Dany died . Maybe he’s the reason Aerys went crazy after all. Maybe he’s responsible for the Raven Lyanna sent getting lost, and people thinking she was kidnapped,  so Brandon would die and Ned would marry Catelyn and he would be born to get shoved out a window by Jaime. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I mean who knows?

Or maybe Jons just in a scene, and not killing the character who dies.

I’m genuinely excited to find out about this ending now 😂 I can’t even imagine anymore .

Edited by GraceK
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

From Emilia's interview in the New York times:

“The whole show is just a discussion on power,” Clarke tells me in an interview at the Mandarin Oriental before the premiere at Radio City Music Hall. “Because the Iron Throne is representative of complete and consuming power and what that does to someone. It’s fascinating, what I’ve found about the sacrifices that you make and what you get out of it as a result. Ultimately, if you get on the throne, what are you really getting?”

She cites her beautiful and icy Lannister rival, Queen Cersei (played by Lena Headey), who has lost her three children to murder and suicide and driven off Jaime, her brother/lover, who grew disgusted by her rapaciousness.

“Cersei proves that you’re not getting that much,” Clarke says. “You’re getting a lot of loneliness, pain, critiques.”

Even though the Mother of Dragons, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, can walk through fire and is regarded as one of the most effective leaders in “Game of Thrones,” she has made mistakes. Forcing recalcitrant men to “bend the knee,” Daenerys torched a father and son — a decision that may haunt her in the new season, which starts next Sunday.

“There’s definitely a few Targaryen moments that she’s had, for want of a better word,” Clarke says slyly, alluding to the fact that Daenerys’s father, the Mad King, was a demented and sadistic ruler.

“The Targaryen in her — the bad leadership decisions — make her sometimes go: ‘I’ve got to have this power. I don’t care who I’m controlling or what I have to do to get it, because it’s intoxicating.’”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/06/opinion/sunday/game-of-thrones-emilia-clarke.html

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and speculate that Tormund survives, since Kristofer and Kit filmed that scene in Randalstown Forest with the light dusting of fake snow which I suspect is from 8x06. Also, Tormund’s the only named wildling left, so he’s handy to keep around for endgame purposes assuming the wildlings aren’t completely wiped out.

I really hope Tormund makes it to season six and survives. Taking Tormund off my list, I revise it to:  Varys, Beric, Theon, Podrick, and Melisandre.

2 minutes ago, GraceK said:

I bet it’s Bran and Jon kills him. It’s a throwback to the first scene in season 1 where Jon makes Bran watch Ned execute that NW deserter. Wouldn’t that be a kick in the pants?

No way that I see Jon killing Bran.

6 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

No way that I see Jon killing Bran.

Me neither TBH. But maybe Bran tells him too. I doubt it would happen, I’m just throwing it out there . All this talk about what an unbelievable ending has me headscratching.

(edited)

The idea of Arya, the Hound and Jaime within striking distance of the Red Keep is pretty exciting! The last half of Season 8 is looking very intriguing.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I think I replace Theon with Edd, doesn't he get survivors on his ships?

At least that's what I remember reading

12 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I think I replace Theon with Edd, doesn't he get survivors on his ships?

At least that's what I remember reading

I didn't read that about Theon, but it is possible, I suppose. I think that there is a good chance that that Edd dies at Castle Black and is one of the Night Watch wights attacking Winterfell.

• Love 1
(edited)

Joe Dempsie calls Arya Gendry's 'confidant' and 'mate'.

https://twitter.com/people/status/1114196033293230082

An addendum to the previous leak with the extra:

The extra has only filmed with the characters he mentioned: The person I spoke to didn’t mention that they filmed with Emilia, they only mentioned the people in my original post.

Which implies that the main character who dies and had extras gasping is one of these folks: Davos, Jon, Cersei, Arya, The Hound, Jaime

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
(edited)

A certain number of episodes of broadcast/cable shows that are going to premire have leaked, very weirdly and randomly...hackers must be working hard to get their hands on some GoT 😂

12 hours ago, anamika said:

https://twitter.com/people/status/111419603329323008

No matter what happens to the couple, Gendrya fans will always have Paris "confidant and mate".

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, anamika said:

https://twitter.com/people/status/1114196033293230082

An addendum to the previous leak with the extra:

The extra has only filmed with the characters he mentioned: The person I spoke to didn’t mention that they filmed with Emilia, they only mentioned the people in my original post.

Which implies that the main character who dies and had extras gasping is one of these folks: Davos, Jon, Cersei, Arya, The Hound, Jaime

I don’t know if it helps at all, but in previous seasons, actors have often (not always, but often) filmed their death scenes last: Diana Rigg, Iwan Rheon, Jonathan Pryce, Kristian Nairn, Richard Madden, Michelle Fairley, etc.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)

Catching up on the leaks. Of course, Jon and Dany look extra dumb. Do they know the Wall has fallen by that point? And Viserion is a wight? And the Northern Lords are in revolt? When war and rebellion is on their doorstep, when the NK could very well attack at any moment, when Jon could basically lose all his Northern forces, when Kit says "he's a man on a mission," Jon decides it would be cool to go on a joy ride to make out. Did he actually kill the boy or is he a man now? Is Dany actually concerned with the threats to the North or is she more interested in getting laid and finding a parent for her dragons?

If they wanted Jon and Dany to look less stupid, have them go look at the damage at the Wall, try to find the Night King again, or scout the enemy's forces. They could kiss between scenes, while doing something important in the meantime. Don't just go fly around to look at the landscape.

I'm also side-eyeing Jon's comment that he wants to stay at a waterfall with Dany for a thousand years. So Jon spent all this time away from his family, and he wants to spend even more time away from them? Not only is he a dumbass, Jon Snow wants to chill beside a waterfall, rather than at WF with his siblings? 

George RR Martin said Dany would benefit from reading Fire and Blood. Maybe one thing she'd learn is to not let random people ride her dragons. She might take a second look at the bastard named "White Wolf" who rode Silverwing for Rhaenyra and turned against her in the war. I hope Jon does turn against her, because it's a step in the right direction toward growing a few brain cells. 

Edited by Colorful Mess
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Colorful Mess said:

Jon Snow wants to chill beside a waterfall, rather than at WF with his siblings?

Of course he does! Being heads over heels in love does that to you, and Jon is heads over heels in love with Daenerys. Poor guy, he's had the weight of the world on his shoulders for four seasons at least, I won't blame him for daydreaming for a moment about his mate.

Moreover, from the leaks we have, at this point of 8x01 Bran is still bot-like, Sansa berates him, and Arya seems more interested in elaborating weaponry with her own confidant and mate* at the forge; the atmosphere seems more "chilly" than "chill" for Jon at WF.

The last info reminds me somehow of the littlejonsnoww "leaks", mentioning a chase in KL + Jaime and the Hound there, too. Of course, they also said that Tyrion was involved in the chase (wrong Lannister brother!) and that Jon would ride both Rhaegal and Drogon so...not a bad effort, still funny to compare.

*No, I'm not letting this go anytime soon, or ever, especially with the risk of tragic ending. I'll enjoy while it lasts 😀

Edited by Happy Harpy
Riding "Drogo" would have other implications. LOL.
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Happy Harpy said:

Moreover, from the leaks we have, at this point of 8x01 Bran is still bot-like, Sansa berates him, and Arya seems more interested in elaborating weaponry with her own confidant and mate* at the forge; the atmosphere seems more "chilly" than "chill" for Jon at WF.

I agree.  The Starks can't go back to the way things were before all this horrible shit happened to them.  Of course Jon is going to enjoy a little escape with the woman he loves, it's natural in this sort of environment.

• Love 8
Just now, Shakma said:

I agree.  The Starks can't go back to the way things were before all this horrible shit happened to them.  Of course Jon is going to enjoy a little escape with the woman he loves, it's natural in this sort of environment.

Yes, and the main goal of their "escapade" is still to teach Jon how to ride Rhaegal, in order to prepare for the war and have more chances against the AOTD.

• Love 1

No, the timing is really dumb. They had a "little escape" on that boat ride. Now shit is hitting the fan and they want to escape once again? The Night King could fly to hit Winterfell at any moment. And they are making out. It's fucking stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Yes, and the main goal of their "escapade" is still to teach Jon how to ride Rhaegal, in order to prepare for the war and have more chances against the AOTD.

I'm curious whether Jon will be able to order Rhaegal to 'dracarys' upon his command, or whether only Dany has that power.

8 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

If I recall, the leakers do not suggest this in the dialogue. I don't think anyone can make Jon and Dany look smarter with this. They should at least go on an explicit mission to accomplish something. It jives with nothing that Kit has said in interviews about Jon's development:

Kit: Jon is a man on a mission

Jon snow, in the Dany cult: Hey lets fly away to go fucc

• LOL 1
58 minutes ago, joliefaire said:

I'm curious whether Jon will be able to order Rhaegal to 'dracarys' upon his command, or whether only Dany has that power.

I don't remember if this was ever in the show, but Jorah repeated "dracarys" after Dany in the second book and at least one dragon responded to the command. I think it might have been Drogon who did.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't remember if this was ever in the show, but Jorah repeated "dracarys" after Dany in the second book and at least one dragon responded to the command. I think it might have been Drogon who did.

1 hour ago, joliefaire said:

I think from the show's perspective the dragons do whatever Dany wants them to do or whatever will protect her because of their strong emotional link to her like when Drogon stops Jaime from killing Dany even though she didn't say a word. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, joliefaire said:

I must say that I'm looking forward to Jon saying "dracarys" along with her. Badass! Battle Couples are definitely my fave.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 5

No, the timing is really dumb. They had a "little escape" on that boat ride. Now shit is hitting the fan and they want to escape once again? The Night King could fly to hit Winterfell at any moment. And they are making out. It's fucking stupid. 

As if that has ever stopped D&D. You should always remember who runs/writes this show. Of course this dumb. Of course it happens anyway. That's how D&D roll.

• Love 1
(edited)

No. It's realistic. People don't act like robots. 

Edited by nikma
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't think it's a big deal they go on a dragon ride or make them look stupid.From the leaks it doesn't seem to cause any issues and it was like a few hours.They're human and in a difficult situation with almost everyone against them,I don't think it's so horrible they take a short break when they do have the time.Plus it's definitely not worthless to know that Jon can ride a dragon,it can help a lot in battle and possibly keep Rheagal from ending up an undead dragon.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 12
(edited)
32 minutes ago, nikma said:

No. It's realistic. People don't act like robots. 

The wall has fallen and the army of the dead is approaching and there is a wight dragon and the North is furious and scared and Jon decides to fly away from his problems and get a shag. He needs to grow the fuck up. This is Robb all over again. 

Edited by Colorful Mess
  • Love 4

Going away for a few hours isn't escaping his responsibilities.If they had actually stayed at that waterfall then sure but they clearly come back.

I'm sure Jon had done whatever he needed to do before they left,I don't see any reason to doubt that.Like is any form of interaction with other people that isn't focused on the AOTD wasting time?Like if he spends time reuniting with Arya or idk at Ned's statue in the crypts.I doubt anyone can do that.

• Love 8
(edited)

I'm on the side of Colorful Mess, here. At the very least it's irresponsible that they are taking the Dragons with them on their trip, because the Dragons are actually the biggest defense weapon Winterfell has. They are endangering everybody in Winterfell.

Edited by BadAssRobinArryn
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

Going away for a few hours isn't escaping his responsibilities.If they had actually stayed at that waterfall then sure but they clearly come back.

I'm sure Jon had done whatever he needed to do before they left,I don't see any reason to doubt that.Like is any form of interaction with other people that isn't focused on the AOTD wasting time?Like if he spends time reuniting with Arya or idk at Ned's statue in the crypts.I doubt anyone can do that.

Dude, the monster that Jon and Dany helped create is now on the loose and Dany knows about it. It could strike Winterfell at ANY TIME and they are on a joy ride far away from wherever Winterfell is. That's why I said if the writers cared to make them look smart, they would have them go on a mission together.

The GA is going to tear them to shreds. 

This isn't the actions of a responsible future king or even a successful hero. 

• Love 1
(edited)

To be fair to Jon and Dany, the Northerners themselves don’t seem to give a flying fuck that the AOTD is approaching. The only thing they seem to do once JD arrive is berate them and whine about knee bending. So if the Northerners can spend hours bitching and whining, which has no benefit to the war, then JD can spend a few hours showing the dragons how to mate.

ETA: the GA likes dragons, and they like hot people having sex. Jon and Dany are also two of the most popular characters. I really doubt the GA is suddenly going to hate Jon and Dany because of their waterfall sexytimes.

Edited by bubble sparkly
  • Love 12