Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bubble sparkly said:

Hmm interesting that it looks like Dany (and Jon?) are at Dragonstone in the new clip. Surely there’s no time in ep 2 for them to pop back there and then fly back to WF for the battle, so it would seemingly have to be ep 4 or later?

Maybe Dany retreats there after the WF battle because she feels like she’s failed her people (especially if there are a lot of Dothraki / Unsullied casualties)? Or maybe they need to stock up on more dragonglass so DJ have to fly back and get some?

Or maybe its after the war, and they are brainstorming on how to deal with Cersei?

3 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Hmm interesting that it looks like Dany (and Jon?) are at Dragonstone in the new clip. Surely there’s no time in ep 2 for them to pop back there and then fly back to WF for the battle, so it would seemingly have to be ep 4 or later?

As 706 showed, travel times in Westeros are minimal when on dragonback.

It being post-803 is more likely, in my view, but I wouldn’t rule out an 802 jaunt to the Targaryen family seat.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, SeanC said:

As 706 showed, travel times in Westeros are minimal when on dragonback.

Haha that is true!  Maybe Dany and Jon fly to Dragonstone to have an emotionally fraught conversation about R+L=J while everyone else is eating dinner, then they return to WF just in time for dessert.

2 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

Or maybe its after the war, and they are brainstorming on how to deal with Cersei?

I just had to look up a map of Westeros because I couldn't remember where Dragonstone was supposed to be in relation to the North and KL, and it seems like it's actually pretty close to KL?  If so, then maybe you are correct and it is as simple as the survivors heading to Dragonstone for refuge / planning what to do about Cersei and the NK (assuming he's not killed in the WF battle).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

I just had to look up a map of Westeros because I couldn't remember where Dragonstone was supposed to be in relation to the North and KL, and it seems like it's actually pretty close to KL?  If so, then maybe you are correct and it is as simple as the survivors heading to Dragonstone for refuge / planning what to do about Cersei and the NK (assuming he's not killed in the WF battle).

Dragonstone is very close to King's Landing. 

Interestingly enough, since Jon said that the wights couldn't swim, the sensible thing would have been to send people to the islands around Westeros and Dragonstone is one of them.

Dragonstone was Rhaegar's seat, so there is the possibility that they could go there for some answers. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Interestingly enough, since Jon said that the wights couldn't swim, the sensible thing would have been to send people to the islands around Westeros and Dragonstone is one of them.

I'm not sure that's still the case, now that the Night King has a Dragon and can simply fly to the Islands.

39 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

I'm not sure that's still the case, now that the Night King has a Dragon and can simply fly to the Islands.

That's very true. Talk about a complication no one needed.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Dragonstone was Rhaegar's seat, so there is the possibility that they could go there for some answers.  

I'm not sure what answers related to Rhaegar are left.  Gilly found the evidence of the annulment, Bran will have told Jon the truth, etc.  Rhaegar probably didn't leave a diary explaining how he ditched his first wife and married a second.  If they want more confirmation then somebody should try to track down Howland Reed.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

I'm not sure what answers related to Rhaegar are left.  Gilly found the evidence of the annulment, Bran will have told Jon the truth, etc.  Rhaegar probably didn't leave a diary explaining how he ditched his first wife and married a second.  If they want more confirmation then somebody should try to track down Howland Reed.

Maybe they fly there in 802 to look at the drawings in the cave again?

Maybe they take a short dragon flight away on a honeymoon?

Maybe Dany found somethings there of Rhaegar's and decided that since he was Jon's father, he should have them?

Maybe Jon tells Dany that since she is preggers, she needs to stay out of the battle so he talks her into camping out at DragonStone until its over?  She agrees only because she thought she would never have another child, and is afraid she will lose this one too.

Maybe.....I'm out of possible ideas.

Anyone else think that Jons voice in the trailer “ It’s just us now” is actually him talking to Dany? About them being the last Targaryens?

we know that voiceovers are always cut from Different scenes. I’m really into the idea that Jons reaction won’t be what everyone assumes. Think about it::

Discovers his father was the crown prince, a great guy actually , his mother truly loved him, they loved each other , his mother died horribly while his father was killed in battle by Robert Baratheon, everything he knew his whole life was a lie and the Lannister’s and Baratheons are not only responsible for ursurping his birthright, but  they are the major cause of the deaths of most of his family, both Starks and Targaryens.  Learning he had little siblings who were murdered . Ned keeping this from him and treating him like a bastard his whole life when  he’s really royalty might piss him off and make him feel betrayed. There’s a lot of good angst here , for both Jon and Dany that can really bring them closer instead of he most obvious thing of driving them apart. 

Just some thoughts. 😊 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Anyone else think that Jons voice in the trailer “ It’s just us now” is actually him talking to Dany? About them being the last Targaryens?

we know that voiceovers are always cut from Different scenes. I’m really into the idea that Jons reaction won’t be what everyone assumes. Think about it::

Discovers his father was the crown prince, a great guy actually , his mother truly loved him, they loved each other , his mother died horribly while his father was killed in battle by Robert Baratheon, everything he knew his whole life was a lie and the Lannister’s and Baratheons are not only responsible for ursurping his birthright, but  they are the major cause of the deaths of most of his family, both Starks and Targaryens.  Learning he had little siblings who were murdered . Ned keeping this from him and treating him like a bastard his whole life when  he’s really royalty might piss him off and make him feel betrayed. There’s a lot of good angst here , for both Jon and Dany that can really bring them closer instead of he most obvious thing of driving them apart. 

Just some thoughts. 😊 

I love this!  Though, I really hope he comes around to see that Ned knew it was the only way to protect him, so he doesn't feel totally isolated from his Stark heritage. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Brood level 100 😂

I think this is at Lyannas statue right? With Ned in the Background? Post reveal probably going by the look on his face. He’s looking pretty contemplative, the look on his face looks more thoughtful than usual.

A8105937-0113-4F8C-A186-5080755DB5AC.jpeg

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Brood level 100 😂

I think this is at Lyannas statue right? With Ned in the Background? Post reveal probably going by the look on his face. He’s looking pretty contemplative, the look on his face looks more thoughtful than usual.

Definitely!

• Love 1

I think it's more likely Jon,Dany and the survivors go to Dragonstone after the battle of WF.I don't see why Jon and Dany would go alone tho I guess with the dragons they could go and return pretty easily.That scene looks so angsty tho,I can't wait.

6 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Brood level 100 😂

He's really turned up the brooding to levels higher than ever before.And he seems to be doing it in multiple locations all around WF lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

He's really turned up the brooding to levels higher than ever before.And he seems to be doing it in multiple locations all around WF lol 

He's trying to brood in as many places as possible.  Assuming he makes it to King's Landing I'm sure he'll brood in front of the Iron Throne too.

I just hope they still have the dragons when they head to Dragonstone.  It seems like Euron could set up a blockade and starve them out if they don't since most of Dany's naval forces were lost last season.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, GraceK said:

My guess is that he's referring to Cersei's double-cross and her army not coming. 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

He's trying to brood in as many places as possible.  Assuming he makes it to King's Landing I'm sure he'll brood in front of the Iron Throne too.

23 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

He's marking his territory.  No one else gets to brood in those places now.  (Unlike Tyrion, Jon does not fail at brooding! 😊)

Edited by Lemuria
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

I just hope they still have the dragons when they head to Dragonstone.  It seems like Euron could set up a blockade and starve them out if they don't since most of Dany's naval forces were lost last season.

Jon brooding in front of the Iron Throne would be iconic and I need it to happen lol

I feel like they definitely have the dragons post WF battle.I think that would be too soon to lose them and they're needed for the KL battle.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

Maybe they fly there in 802 to look at the drawings in the cave again?

Maybe they take a short dragon flight away on a honeymoon?

Maybe Dany found somethings there of Rhaegar's and decided that since he was Jon's father, he should have them?

Maybe Jon tells Dany that since she is preggers, she needs to stay out of the battle so he talks her into camping out at DragonStone until its over?  She agrees only because she thought she would never have another child, and is afraid she will lose this one too.

Maybe.....I'm out of possible ideas.

Maybe the picture of the library holds some info, Tyrion borrowed books from it ( I think he returned them on his way back ).

(edited)

At least one of the dragons makes it to King’s Landing. We have Bran’s vision and they’ll probably tease King’s Landing burning and we’ll probably be meant to wonder if Team Dany did it, the Night King, or if it’s wildfire. Maybe both dragons make it but if not it will probably be Drogon. It seems that Jon does a lot of fighting on the ground at King’s Landing based on filming, which may indicate that Rhaegal is dead by then. I hope not. I hate when any animal is hurt or dies, even magical CGI ones. 

Regarding spoilers and not wanting to be surprised, I only want to know for television shows. I actually hate being spoiled for books, which is why I always read the books before seeing television shows or movies based on them. Also, I don’t like to the know the end of mystery shows or movies, or movies with twists like The Usual Suspects. But in drama and fantasy/science fiction television shows I feel better knowing ahead of time. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GraceK said:

Two weeks!!!! 😎 we have stuck it out together for two years guys!!! 😆😆

Not only that, but it’s fewer than 50 days until the series finale airs. We really are in the endgame now!

There are lots of cast appearances on talk shows over the next two weeks. First up is Maisie Williams tonight on The Tonight Show.

(edited)

If they go to Dragonstone, I hope they'll need lots of extra dragonglass weapons made out of the mountain (well, cave) of dragonglass there, hence the smith to forge them and invent new ones will still be needed 😁

Jon angst I'm used to, Dany angst I'm not sure to bear easily.

They better have Arya support Jon after the reveal.

Maybe some of the survivors get refuge in Dragonstone and the others flee to the Riverlands, or go there for reasons.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, GraceK said:

Just some thoughts. 😊 

Nope, not me I think it's Sam and Jon talking about the end of the Night's Watch. Think about it, used to be many of us, now it's just us (or words to that effect, I don't have an exact quote) I assume that means all the NW, Tormond, Edd are dead.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Dany angst I'm not sure to bear easily.

I know 😭😭😭 I’m scared for my baby girl!!!!! Ugh . I really hope those two band together. 

• Love 3

I think there will be plenty of angst for both Dany and Jon this season. Given the things they are about to learn, it only makes sense. Otherwise it's just sloppy writing. OK fine. I wouldn't put that past D&D.

2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

There are lots of cast appearances on talk shows over the next two weeks. First up is Maisie Williams tonight on The Tonight Show.

Cast TV appearances pre-premiere sometimes come with little episode clips, though given the secrecy around this particular premiere I'd guess that's unlikely in this case.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Happy Harpy said:

Dany angst I'm not sure to bear easily.

Same here. Daenerys has always been so tough and resilient. The idea that she is suddenly weak and indecisive because she is in love makes me cringe. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

Same here. Daenerys has always been so tough and resilient. The idea that she is suddenly weak and indecisive because of she is in love makes me cringe. 

It wouldn't make her weak and indecisive. It would be her world being turned upside down. Her whole identity is based on her being the last Targaryen, and for the last few years her whole goal has been taking the Iron Throne because she genuinely believes being the last Targaryen makes her the rightful person to do that. And now that's all shot to hell. Plus oh hey yeah, she's fucking her nephew. Which may be a bigger deal for him than it is for her but it's still a really big deal. And she genuinely loves Jon, and he may not want to be with her after the big reveal.

Goddammit, if there's not angst then I'm going to throw things. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I am so ready for the Dany angst.It makes sense because she's dealing with more personal stuff than she has in a while.I mean there's Jon and his parentage,Viserion being undead and her having to be the one to kill him,being rejected by the north,just the general fear of fighting an army of the dead,her likely pregnancy.If Friki is right then she'll go through a betrayal from Tyrion and she'll very likely lose a lot of her army,probably people close to her like Jorah and maybe even all her dragons by the end.There's a lot of stuff to deal with and imo it makes sense if she's more vulnerable and emotional than the past few seasons.I don't think it will make her weak or less able to be a leader so I'm not worried about it seeming like that.

I really hope they focus on the emotional aspect of everything she and Jon as well will be going through and that it doesn't get lost in all the action and battles.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

It wouldn't make her weak and indecisive. It would be her world being turned upside down. Her whole identity is based on her being the last Targaryen, and for the last few years her whole goal has been taking the Iron Throne because she genuinely believes being the last Targaryen makes her the rightful person to do that. And now that's all shot to hell. Plus oh hey yeah, she's fucking her nephew. Which may be a bigger deal for him than it is for her but it's still a really big deal. And she genuinely loves Jon, and he may not want to be with her after the big reveal.

Goddammit, if there's not angst then I'm going to throw things. 

Maybe people will finally stop giving her shit. ( not saying you did by the way). I completely understand the criticism her character may get for some of her decisions, but I am sick of fans hating on her for not “ suffering enough “. I have heard so many podcasts and so many stupid character accusations that basically boil down to that Daenarys has it to easy, that after season 1 she’s too hard to relate too because she’s on a such a strong path, she hasn’t suffered like the Starks, she’s has dragons in battle which is not fair, blah blah blah blah. Basically she’s to powerful and therefore she has to be evil for there to be any justice because her being a hero makes her too perfect. Basically she was liked the most in season 1 when she was being raped and abused and was a doormat. 

Now that she may get her heartbroken, lose more of her dragons, get betrayed by her adviser, and be isolated and alone maybe people will finally give her a break. 

23 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I am so ready for the Dany angst.It makes sense because she's dealing with more personal stuff than she has in a while.I mean there's Jon and his parentage,Viserion being undead and her having to be the one to kill him,being rejected by the north,just the general fear of fighting an army of the dead,her likely pregnancy.If Friki is right then she'll go through a betrayal from Tyrion and she'll very likely lose a lot of her army,probably people close to her like Jorah and maybe even all her dragons by the end.There's a lot of stuff to deal with and imo it makes sense if she's more vulnerable and emotional than the past few seasons.I don't think it will make her weak or less able to be a leader so I'm not worried about it seeming like that.

I really hope they focus on the emotional aspect of everything she and Jon as well will be going through and that it doesn't get lost in all the action and battles.

I’m ready to see her in love and happy again. I’m ready to see her open and vulnerable and connected to someone besides Jorah. She looks so soft and happy in those promos. It’s a little scary too though because it can’t bode well. I’m concerned too that they will hype the Tarly burnings and have Jon get all judgemental and I will LOSE MY SHIT.  I’m sick of “ this woman must be controlled by the men around her “ narrative they are pushing with Dany. Let them angst together and grow closer and fight these zombies! 😂 ugh 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, GrailKing said:

So is the fandom going to go nuts and taken out of the mood of the show.?

Probably most of the fandom doesn't know who Joey Bosa is, so they're not likely to go nuts. I imagine he has a background extra type role, a wildling or a fighter in the Golden Company.

(edited)

I still feel like it will never happen lol. It was more than 19 (!!!!) months! I forgot how it feels to watch new scenes and episodes. To hear these characters speal after so long.

Edited by nikma
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Not only that, but it’s fewer than 50 days until the series finale airs. We really are in the endgame now!

Will Kimmel or the Tonight show have an episode where they have a lot of the cast, similar to how they do with the Avengers?  I guess by the end of the week the late night shows will have their info on next week's guest.  I would think Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer would be this week. 

1 minute ago, anamika said:

image.png.0c855754d9eae44798fd02f09ad4b3ed.png

Sansa's new armor dress that makes her the warrior of winterfell?

Love it!  So, if this is the actual armor dress that ST mentioned, and this is what she's wearing in the early season at Winterfell, then MAYBE that scaly dress is a late season end game look?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, anamika said:

image.png.0c855754d9eae44798fd02f09ad4b3ed.png

Sansa's new armor dress that makes her the warrior of winterfell?

What’s the source for this? 

At first glance, it makes her look like one of the Unsullied.

4 minutes ago, Cujoy said:

Love it!  So, if this is the actual armor dress that ST mentioned, and this is what she's wearing in the early season at Winterfell, then MAYBE that scaly dress is a late season end game look?

I think the armour dress was described in that initial interview as head to toe, and I also think Hibberd said something about how the throne S8 posters showed Sansa in the armour costume Sophie had described to him. This new dress with the leather breastplate bit looks more like armour than the scale dress, though.

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

What’s the source for this?

Apparently it's popping up on twitter. Lots of new Dany pics as well. The Daily mail header has a better look, lol

0dqtbjzwoup21.jpg

Apparently the spoilery scroll that Sophie took is important for the last episode:

"...and I took a scroll that was in the last, like one of the last episodes and it's like a huge spoiler..."

Surprised that Maisie did not know about this scroll when Sophie talked about in the last interview.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, anamika said:

Apparently it's popping up on twitter. Lots of new Dany pics as well. The Daily mail header has a better look, lol

0dqtbjzwoup21.jpg

Apparently the spoilery scroll that Sophie took is important for the last episode:

Surprised that Maisie did not know about this scroll when Sophie talked about in the last interview.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Maisie didn’t know about anything about the scroll. She may have known about the scroll in the storyline and not have known that Sophie kept the scroll, but even that I find a stretch given that Maisie and Sophie are so close and presumably tell each other everything as very close friends do.

That scroll is obviously from 8x06. Sophie tried to correct herself in the bit you quoted, but it was too late.

5 minutes ago, nikma said:

Cool concept!

The red carpet premiere is tomorrow in New York, and Jonathan Pryce, Mark Addy, and Sean Bean are in town for the event.

48 minutes ago, anamika said:

0dqtbjzwoup21.jpg

I wonder if the scroll has something to do with Tyrion’s supposed betrayal that leads to his execution.