Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

On 2/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, anamika said:

So at Brazil comic con, John Bradley and Maisie had this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCqOLgHhZno

At around the 4 minute mark, interviewer asks if they have ever accidentally spoiled something and both John and Maisie say - 'several times. Then John says that if in an interview we ever hear him say that's just a theory, and he is not saying that's what's going to happen, he just said something that will happen. Which reminded me of his interview in that podcast where he discusses a theory where the WW does not attack Sam in season 3 because he does not resist and fight back - and so they left him alone. John stresses this is just a theory he read online.

I wonder if this will be important to the endgame of the Others.

Maisie also mentions how their first month of shooting was just a lot of dialogue and explaining to the audience what's happening.

Very interesting! Good catch!

It looks like there won't be a Thrones trailer tonight. February 24th seems like a more likely date. It's the night of the Oscars, it's the night of the True Detective Season 3 finale, and it's much closer to the usual range of first trailer releases (7-8 weeks before the premiere). Oh, well.

1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

It is a dire wolf and a dragon yet again. 

Yeah but I think it’s really creative how it’s crepes. And it’s being made from dough ,and blended together. I think there’s a lot of symbolism in it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also the other promo they did was the tapestry which was also really beautiful and artistic as well. I’m just really liking what they are coming out with. Seems like their creative team is putting a lot of effort into it. This new one though I could just be over analyzing with my shipper goggles 😂 it’s possible I’m biased.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, GraceK said:

Those bastards 😂😂😂😂 They are expert trolls at this point 

I thought it effin hilarious and smart trolling for little money.

I also saw the HBO Asia promo made me hungry for Italian cookies. LOL

He could have rescued his sister and travelled to Winterfell. Not that I necessarily believe these new spoilers, but if I'm not mistaken, casting spoilers indicated, that ironborn were fighting in Winterfell. That's why I believe that Euron will meet his end very early in the season.

8 hours ago, Smad said:

My biggest question: THEON? Why is he in WF when last we saw him he was going to rescue his sister?

Was a (F)leak, he and or Yara go North and rescue many from TAOTD, so that is a plausible reason and actually a normal action if his wits and courage returned.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, GrailKing said:

I thought it effin hilarious and smart trolling for little money.

I squeeeeed* when The Mountain appeared. Because in the 1st Quarter, I'd had this exchange with a friend on FB:

5c58685ba54c0_waitingforGOT.png.eca4c85feff8b690625df6062f729af5.png

*Squeeeeeed like a 50 Shades of Grey fan watching Adam Levine strip at a Super Bowl half-time.

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

I admit to being suspicious of that supposed leak because it’s yet another “last stand in the crypts of Winterfell” scenario, which I’ve never bought.

True dat.

And yet it combines with the existing theory Bran = NK, but with a twist. Instead of warging into the NK during the fight or actually warging into the original NK, Bran instead is able to raise the Stark dead (or warg them?) to defend his home from the NK. Not sure whether this would be a last stand, so much as making the Stark dead "hold the door."

Edited by dragonsbite
adding spaces between words does such an amazing improvement to readability
  • Love 4

I actually like this spoiler, and it does seem to ring at least not completely fake? I mean they have expanded the crypts of Winterfell set, so it follows that that area will have a much bigger role.

Also, there have been many theories that Bran is the Night King. This would jive with that. He can raise the dead -- because he is the Night King.

Lastly, it fits with that little tease that HBO gave us, with Jon ready to face the Night King alone and Drogon on the ground next to him. Perhaps Dany has fallen unconscious, off Drogon, somewhere?

Oooh, I am excited to see the Dance of the Dragons directed by Miguel Sapochnik.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Smad said:

My biggest question: THEON? Why is he in WF when last we saw him he was going to rescue his sister?

There was a believable 4chan mini-leak back in January 2017 where Theon was wheeling Bran around at Winterfell while Tyrion and Sam appeared to be preparing for an attack, a mini-leak I'm guessing Claytoy remembers well and considers believable enough to use to sell his fake leaks.

• Love 3

I confident that Bran is not the Night King. If anyone raises the dead other than the Night King, it is far more likely to be Melisandre and her Red priestesses/priests.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I confident that Bran is not the Night King. If anyone raises the dead other than the Night King, it is far more likely to be Melisandre and her Red priestesses/priests.

Goes with another leak, whether it's Bran or Mel, I be up for it.

4 hours ago, dragonsbite said:

And yet it combines with the existing theory Bran = NK, but with a twist. Instead of warging into the NK during the fight or actually warging into the original NK, Bran instead is able to raise the Stark dead (or warg them?) to defend his home from the NK. Not sure whether this would be a last stand, so much as making the Stark dead "hold the door."

Except how would this be possible? Other than the more recently dead, there is nothing to raise. True that under the right circumstances bones can last for a very long time and not decompose. But I don't think WF meets that criteria really. The crypts, or more accurately the bones, would need to be in dry climate to be still around and intact.

Not that I think D&D know anything about bones (their knowledge only extends to bad pussies, c**** and cocks) and they are LOTR fans (S6 proved that) so they would probably just do another rip off with Aragorn and his undead army.

Edited by Smad
1 hour ago, Smad said:

Except how would this be possible? Other than the more recently dead, there is nothing to raise. True that under the right circumstances bones can last for a very long time and not decompose. But I don't think WF meets that criteria really. The crypts, or more accurately the bones, would need to be in dry climate to be still around and intact.

You are watching a story with magic, dragons, other mystical creatures, and the walking dead. And you are complaining because biologically it isn't feasible to bring the long dead to life? Don't worry, I am confident there will be a lot of recently dead Dothraki, Unsullied, Northerners, etc. for Melisandre and fellow priestesses/priests to bring to live if the story goes in that direction..

• Love 4
9 hours ago, SimoneS said:

You are watching a story with magic, dragons, other mystical creatures, and the walking dead. And you are complaining because biologically it isn't feasible to bring the long dead to life? Don't worry, I am confident there will be a lot of recently dead Dothraki, Unsullied, Northerners, etc. for Melisandre and fellow priestesses/priests to bring to live if the story goes in that direction..

Just because it's magical doesn't mean biology is different. Unless the humans we are watching are a different species but that hasn't been specified. It's no different to me than Sam not loosing weight or Gilly's baby not growing despite years going by or Arya surviving being stabbed by the Waif. If it's because their biology is different due to being on a different planet (it's not Earth after all) then I would have liked to have been told that. Magic doesn't ever excuse something simple such as biology of human beings.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

Good grief. Can't tell squat from those photos.

Did you expect anything else?

Arya is looking up! SHE SEES THE DRAGONS BUT ARYA IS NOT IMPRESSED. Jon and Dany are...GASP! STANDING TOGETHER! If you look at Cersei from the side of your computer, she TOTALLY LOOKS PREGNANT.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Did you expect anything else?

Arya is looking up! SHE SEES THE DRAGONS BUT ARYA IS NOT IMPRESSED. Jon and Dany are...GASP! STANDING TOGETHER! If you look at Cersei from the side of your computer, she TOTALLY LOOKS PREGNANT.

LOL! HBO is successfully frustrating the hell out of me.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, nikma said:

Varys looks great. And Cersei. And Daenerys.

GOT's commitment to what seems to be their "no hats for main cast" policy is impressive. Even with snow on the ground, everyone--even Varys!--is still going without a hat.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 4

Well, Daenerys got a new furry outfit - not quite as bad-ass as the one coat to rule them all but still quite impressive. And Cersei continues her love for fashionable but useless armor with brass epaulettes. The costume department never gets enough love.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Well, Daenerys got a new furry outfit - not quite as bad-ass as the one coat to rule them all but still quite impressive. And Cersei continues her love for fashionable but useless armor with brass epaulettes. The costume department never gets enough love.

The front of Cersei's outfit looks like the spine detail of her Dragonpit dress. Clapton said she wanted Cersei to look unimposing and trustworthy from the front, a mourning mother, but with a monstrous detail on the back that shows her true self. Now the spine is on the front. If her Dragonpit dress was to show a Cersei still trying to put on a front, I'm frightened to think of what this new dress will mean. 

• Love 3

Main theme, "melancholy".

Jon and Dany together (!) and separately. Dany in her new fantastic gear isn't amused on the second one. 

My girl Arya looks fantastic. My Dadvos looks worried.

Tell me that Bran is just about to wake up and be human again.

Cersei has tears in her eyes, right? I almost hope it's because she miscarried...otherwise, it has to be Jaime-related -and pretty grim. I have the feeling that most of those pictures are from 8x01 but hers, I wonder.

And well, helloooo, Jaime. Dayum. Handsome Man in Armor, indeed (even if he's handsome without armor). Although Tyrion is looking pretty good, too.

Davos, Brienne and Varys are the only "second tier" characters in that set of pictures. Maybe it's a pure question of precedence in the credits.

Edited by Happy Harpy
53 minutes ago, whateverdgaf said:

If her Dragonpit dress was to show a Cersei still trying to put on a front, I'm frightened to think of what this new dress will mean. 

I hope she is completely mad. I would love to see Lena play that. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, nikma said:

I hope she is completely mad. I would love to see Lena play that. 

Me too. With Jaime gone and a miscarriage, I can see her going completely off the rails. I am still hoping that the final nail will be a Euron double cross. 

• Love 3
On 2/6/2019 at 6:58 PM, GraceK said:

Me too. With Jaime gone and a miscarriage, I can see her going completely off the rails. I am still hoping that the final nail will be a Euron double cross. 

I would love to see Qyburn having to deal with an insane Cersei. He deserves nothing less.

• Love 2
On 2/7/2019 at 1:12 AM, Lemuria said:

Jaime, in addition to being nicely scruffy, is not wearing Lannister gold but Stark black. V-e-r-y interesting. 

There is no such thing as "Stark black." Most characters, Stark or otherwise, are wearing black in S8 and have been for a while. Team Dany wore mostly black in S7.

Tyrion stopped wearing Lannister red entirely in favour of black back in Season 4, probably as Michele Clapton's way of showing his definitive break with his family, but it wasn't "Stark black." I'm guessing Clapton is doing the same here. Jaime is trading in Lannister colours for not-Lannister colours as a way of showing his change in affiliation.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:23 PM, Happy Harpy said:

And well, helloooo, Jaime. Dayum. Handsome Man in Armor, indeed (even if he's handsome without armor). Although Tyrion is looking pretty good, too.

Tyrion looks like he's on the balcony of the Winterfell courtyard. He's probably speaking with someone. Who?

• Love 3
On 2/6/2019 at 6:53 PM, GraceK said:

Jaime ,  Dany and Sam are the only ones who look happy 😆 Everyone else looks so grim. I find that really interesting .

Sam looks happy, Dany looks Smug, Jamie is smirking...at least that's how I saw them.

Of course Dany looking Smug doesn't mean much both Emilia and Kit are poor actors, one or two notes at best.

Edited by Morrigan2575
On 2/9/2019 at 4:12 PM, Eyes High said:

Tyrion looks like he's on the balcony of the Winterfell courtyard. He's probably speaking with someone. Who?

After a reverse Beauty and the Beast, a reverse Romeo and Juliet with the lady of the place? (LOL)