Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, GrailKing said:

Sansa and paid guards, in the Eyrie in the books 3 strangers in the employ of LF, at least one of them is looking for Sansa Stark

What exactly does that have to do with the show -- Book Sansa isn't getting kidnapped from the Eyrie and dragged to King's Landing, she's got the whole downfall-of-Littlefinger story.

29 minutes ago, screamin said:

Not to mention that Cersei still has a bit of grudge against Sansa

Does she?  She's hardly mentioned Sansa since the latter left KL, and when she did it was exclusively in the context of the murder of Joffrey, which she now knows was perpetrated by the Queen of Thorns.  There's no reason at this point that Cersei should think of Sansa as particularly important.

Beyond all that, the logistics of Cersei kidnapping Sansa (or anybody else) from Winterfell make very little sense with what we know about the big Winterfell battle, which is the good guys versus the White Walkers.  Nor, really, does it make sense that Cersei could mount a surprise attack on Winterfell with the omniscient Bran around.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Eyes High said:

In addition to all the other valid points raised upthread regarding the substance of the email, I'm pretty sure the Kary Antholis email was determined to be a fake back when this "email" first surfaced several months ago. I admit that it seems like a lot of trouble to find real people, especially someone like Kary Antholis not directly involved with GOT (as opposed to the HBO Head of Programming or whatever) and a real asset media storage company (Empress) and build a fake email around them, but maybe someone had a lot of time on their hands.

In terms of real filming information, we know that Emilia filmed a big scene for the 8x03 Winterfell sequence filmed at the exterior Winterfell set at Moneyglass, probably from the end of the battle since she filmed it at the tail end of the Moneyglass filming in late February/early March. So Dany doesn't die early on in the season as the email suggests, and why would she? She's going to be at Winterfell, presumably. Unless Lyanna Mormont bayonets her in a fit of rage or something, she's as safe as she can be for the first two episodes. Lastly, Emilia finished filming in mid-June, about a month and a half after David Nutter, who directs the first two episodes, stopped working on GOT. If she really perished in the first two episodes as the email claims, then she wouldn't be filming well after he left the production.

Just gonna point out that the email doesn't confirm that Daenerys dies early on. That's their speculation which is why they say "probably" because they don't know

Also yeah, now that Cersei knows that it was the Queen of Thorns that killed Joffrey, she doesn't care about Sansa anymore.

Sansa cites her as a mentor figure though but....that's about it.

48 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Does she?  She's hardly mentioned Sansa since the latter left KL, and when she did it was exclusively in the context of the murder of Joffrey, which she now knows was perpetrated by the Queen of Thorns.  There's no reason at this point that Cersei should think of Sansa as particularly important.

I said "a bit of a grudge." Admittedly, if Cersei acknowledges that the Queen of Thorns was the one responsible for Joffrey's death and not Sansa and Tyrion, all she really has against Sansa (besides her being in open rebellion against the crown) is that she escaped Lannister custody, making them look like fools. That may not seem like much of a grudge, but Cersei's been enjoying indulging her petty grudges to a surprising extent (recall her personal supervision of the punishment of the "shame, shame, shame!" nun, and the Mountain splattering the smallfolk singer all over the alley wall just for singing a rude song about Cersei).

Besides, Sansa's important enough to the King in the North (being his only known living relative, at least at the time Cersei sent the Golden Company) to make him hesitate to have Dany incinerate the Red Keep if Sansa's in it. That in itself makes her valuable enough of a hostage to be desirable to Cersei.

2 hours ago, SeanC said:

What exactly does that have to do with the show -- Book Sansa isn't getting kidnapped from the Eyrie and dragged to King's Landing, she's got the whole downfall-of-Littlefinger story.

We / you, do not know that.

Point is there's multiple sources in books and show of Sansa possibly getting kidnapped. Ser Shadrick the Mad Mouse is one of those knights and he's looking for Sansa for the bounty from Cersei.

1 minute ago, GrailKing said:

We / you, do not know that.

Point is there's multiple sources in books and show of Sansa possibly getting kidnapped. Ser Shadrick the Mad Mouse is one of those knights and he's looking for Sansa for the bounty from Cersei.

I know about Shadrich.  I also know that Sansa's involvement with Littlefinger is an important story in the books, something reinforced by the show which also (rather ineptly) did the downfall story that pretty much everybody assumed based on what has been published so far.  Sansa being dragged back to KL to be a hostage again is simply incompatible with that in the books, as well as frankly with any storyline where Sansa actually starts to learn the game of thrones, so it's not a story possibility that I lend any real weight, anymore than I think Arya is going to become a Faceless Man and spend the rest of the story carrying out hits in Qohor.

And as far as the show goes, I don't think there's anything that actually suggests Sansa is at risk of being kidnapped.  Things like Brienne's concerns relate to Littlefinger.  And, as I previously wrote, it doesn't make much sense either on a character level or in terms of logistics at this point.  

• Love 4

Why has no one commented that Jon is prominent in both the S1 Ep1 "Winterfell is yours" scene as he is in this S8 teaser? (or did I miss that comment). He's the only Stark child to be in the scenes with the Stark who's offering up WF.

Edited by dragonsbite
9 hours ago, SeanC said:

Sansa being dragged back to KL to be a hostage again is simply incompatible with that in the books, as well as frankly with any storyline where Sansa actually starts to learn the game of thrones, so it's not a story possibility that I lend any real weight, anymore than I think Arya is going to become a Faceless Man and spend the rest of the story carrying out hits in Qohor.

And as far as the show goes, I don't think there's anything that actually suggests Sansa is at risk of being kidnapped.  Things like Brienne's concerns relate to Littlefinger.  And, as I previously wrote, it doesn't make much sense either on a character level or in terms of logistics at this point.  

I don't see why a character who knows the game of thrones must therefore necessarily be immune to a surprise military strike, which isn't the same field of expertise. Sansa has outright said she doesn't understand military strategy, and so would not be in charge of the military defense of WF with whatever personnel are left to that task after Jon and Dany go north to meet the NK. Nor will Sansa's influence into any decision be the same, since the return of Jon, with Dany in tow as the new queen, has given Sansa not one but two demotions. If WF falls to a surprise military attack that grabs Sansa and the grain, or just sets it on fire (the GC would totally double-cross any confederate who opened the door to them if convenient to them) I don't see how Sansa could have stopped that by playing the game of thrones. And I think it's been well foreshadowed - in Sansa's warnings not to count Cersei out, in Cersei's own words that she plans to use the GC to 'take back what is ours.' (What do you think she means by that, if not to take back a valuable Lannister hostage who had the cheek to run away?)

12 hours ago, SeanC said:

Nor, really, does it make sense that Cersei could mount a surprise attack on Winterfell with the omniscient Bran aroun.

I keep seeing the word 'omniscient' used about Bran. It means 'all-knowing.' But Bran isn't. Yes, he can see into the past, and at long distances, a very useful gift. But we've seen how he does it. And what he does is look in one direction, follow one scene in the past or present, sometimes for hours, till he finds what he's looking for. This happens in real time, so other things of importance may happen in other directions that he may not be aware of while he's looking. By staring at what he thinks is the most important scene he can miss things that are happening close by. This  is how Bran's teacher died - he was distracted by what he thought as the the big picture, and missed the fact that right in his home Bran was happily engaged in doing wrong and dangerous stuff he shouldn't do, like put on poor Hodor's body like an old pair of pants, and then use the weirless internet while Bloodraven's asleep. The greenseers can also see the future, but only in prophetic glimpses that are rare and not controllable. Bloodraven could not foresee his own doom. This is not omniscience.

So I can totally see Bran watching Jon and Dany as they go north to meet the NK, considering this the most important thing happening, while totally missing the fact that one of the weathervanes has had a quiet conversation with a stranger who's come to town with an offer to make. Just as Bloodraven could see all over the world and still miss the cause of the doom of his own home, so could Bran.

Edited by screamin
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, dragonsbite said:

Why has no one commented that Jon is prominent in both the S1 Ep1 "Winterfell is yours" scene as he is in this S8 teaser? (or did I miss that comment). He's the only Stark child to be in the scenes with the Stark who's offering up WF.

I just rewatched that scene, and all of the Starks are there. The lineup is Rickon, Cat, Ned, Robb, Sansa, Arya and Bran in the front row followed by Jon in the second row. I forgot how hilarious Robb's face is when he sees Joffrey giving Sansa the look over.

Sansa is the only Stark who has actually had a relationship with Cersei.  I feel like it would be a waste, thematically, if they don't have one final scene together. I'm not saying Sansa will be the one to kill Cersei, or that Cersei would hire someone to kidnap Sansa from Winterfell, but I do think there will be a reunion.

Edited by merrick715
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, screamin said:

I don't see why a character who knows the game of thrones must therefore necessarily be immune to a surprise military strike, which isn't the same field of expertise.

The first paragraph you quote doesn't refer to the show, it refers to the idea of Sansa being kidnapped and taken to KL from the Eyrie in the books, as part of an argument why I don't believe that can be used as evidence to bolster the idea of Sansa being kidnapped from Winterfell now.

in Cersei's own words that she plans to use the GC to 'take back what is ours.' (What do you think she means by that, if not to take back a valuable Lannister hostage who had the cheek to run away?)

The line was "recover some things that belong to me", which most obviously refer to the Seven Kingdoms.  Reading that line as referring to Sansa first requires it be demoted from plural to singular and the larger, narratively-unsupported assumption that Cersei has a major fixation on Sansa.

29 minutes ago, merrick715 said:

Sansa is the only Stark who has actually had a relationship with Cersei.  I feel like it would be a waste, thematically if they don't have one final scene together. I'm not saying Sansa will be the one to kill Cersei, or that Cersei would hire someone to kidnap Sansa from Winterfell, but I do think there will be a reunion.

Way back in the earlier pages of this thread when we were speculating based on less information, I thought the season might have parallel storylines about dealing with the White Walkers and dealing with Cersei, with Sansa among the group of characters assigned to the latter, but it now seems like the whole cast is going to move south midseason.  I wouldn't rule out them meeting again either; there certainly is potential setup for that.

Though at the same time, I'm not really sure what precisely would come of such a meeting, narratively.  I've sometimes seen it suggested that the big payoff would be Sansa undermining Cersei's rule from within somehow (this is often given as the outcome of the mooted hostage plot), but that really doesn't work in the show because Cersei's regime at this point doesn't actually have supporting characters/factions within the narrative, just a faceless mass of soldiers who follow her for whatever reason (if we're talking about the books, from whence this plot would be supposed to have originated, I would add that Sansa would never be allowed to meet with such people anyway, whether as a prisoner or as an emissary or some sort; the show wouldn't care about this, but that still leaves you with the aforementioned).

• Love 1

I had a thought that might already have been mentioned in this thread, I haven't read the previous 145 pages. What if Sansa and Gendry becomes a couple? He's about the same age as her (unlike pretty much all other male characters still alive and unrelated to to her) and he's a good person. If the seven kingdoms are still around by the end the ruler could legitimize him as the ruler of house Baratheon and Sansa could have both political and personal reasons for marrying him. That way he'd also be Arya's family like she wanted. I don't think they had romantic feelings for each other.
I know many people ship Sansa and Tyrion but I think he's too old for her and that their personalities don't fit that well. With Gendry she could be in charge of the family, while still have him treat her like a lady. And her marrying some upjumped commoner would be a nice subversion to her early dreams of marriage, while still getting her the happiness after all her misery.

(edited)
56 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

I had a thought that might already have been mentioned in this thread, I haven't read the previous 145 pages. What if Sansa and Gendry becomes a couple?

It's not impossible, but it is unlikely.

He's about the same age as her (unlike pretty much all other male characters still alive and unrelated to to her) and he's a good person. If the seven kingdoms are still around by the end the ruler could legitimize him as the ruler of house Baratheon and Sansa could have both political and personal reasons for marrying him. That way he'd also be Arya's family like she wanted. I don't think they had romantic feelings for each other.

There is already a Stark sister Gendry has an existing relationship and a strong emotional connection with, and it's not Sansa. It's debatable whether or not Arya and Gendry had romantic feelings for each other (in the books, their relationship seems fairly shippy, with Gendry saying that Arya looks like a nice oak tree, Arya getting jealous over another woman flirting with him, etc. etc.), but that they have strong positive feelings towards each other cannot be denied. If we can argue that Jaime and Brienne will hook up in S8 because they have strong positive feelings towards each other, why not Gendry and Arya?

I know many people ship Sansa and Tyrion

Sansa/Tyrion shippers are few and far between, especially compared to the SanSan and Jonsa fandoms.

With Gendry she could be in charge of the family, while still have him treat her like a lady.

That could be any non-sociopathic guy, though. Why does it have to be Gendry, who already has a relationship with a Stark sister who is not Sansa?

And her marrying some upjumped commoner would be a nice subversion to her early dreams of marriage, while still getting her the happiness after all her misery.

A "nice subversion to her early dreams of marriage while still getting her the happiness after all her misery" would be Sansa ending the series unmarried by choice, which certainly seems to be her endgame based on S7 and everything we know about S8.

And really, all these arguments about Sansa marrying down and finding happiness with a good man would equally apply to Pod, who doesn't have a relationship with Arya and who in the books is even hinted to have a crush on Sansa. Why not argue in favour of Pod/Sansa with these arguments? Is it because Gendry is hot and Pod isn't, and Sansa deserves a hot guy while Arya doesn't? Because that seems to be where Gendry/Sansa arguments come from.

I don't think that Gendry is going to survive Season 8, so I doubt he'll end up with Arya, either, but arguing that Gendry's going to end up with Sansa when Arya is right there makes no sense to me.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Why not argue in favour of Pod/Sansa with these arguments? Is it because Gendry is hot and Pod isn't, and Sansa deserves a hot guy while Arya doesn't? Because that seems to be where Gendry/Sansa arguments come from.

I don't have a bone in this shipping war but I wonder if the Gendry/Sansa endgame theory might be based on the poetry of the idea: Sansa's story starts with an engagement to the Crown Prince but faux spawn of Baratheon and ends with a marriage to the bastard ironmonger but genuine spawn of Baratheon. So an ironic fulfilment of Robert's original proposal. 

If I remember, Edric Storm is still alive in the books.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, ursula said:

I don't have a bone in this shipping war but I wonder if the Gendry/Sansa endgame theory might be based on the poetry of the idea: Sansa's story starts with an engagement to the Crown Prince but faux spawn of Baratheon and ends with a marriage to the bastard ironmonger but genuine spawn of Baratheon. So an ironic fulfilment of Robert's original proposal. 

If I remember, Edric Storm is still alive in the books.

Ned's other daughter fulfilling Robert's proposal (since "You have a daughter" would equally apply to Arya) would also be ironic, and unlike Gendry/Sansa theories, it wouldn't assume Arya and her relationship with Gendry out of the equation to make sure Sansa gets a hot husband.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

I don't think that Gendry is going to survive Season 8, so I doubt he'll end up with Arya, either, but arguing that Gendry's going to end up with Sansa when Arya is right there makes no sense to me.

I just don't see Arya as interested in any kind of marriage. If she even survives to the end. 

13 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

I just don't see Arya as interested in any kind of marriage. If she even survives to the end. 

And Sansa is? At this point in her life she has been forcibly married twice, raped and abused. I don’t think marriage is high on her list of goals. I think survival and safety is what matters to her. As of season 7 she’s pretty strong and independent. This need to have her find the first hot beef stick and get settled down is kind of insulting.  Finding a man isn’t her priority. 

As to Aryas chances of survival, I think they are pretty high. According to spoilers and filming information anyway, I’m not too concerned about her chances. Also, I don’t  know why some fans assume Arya is asexual or not interested in men. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that she may want love in her life at some point. 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 8

Eta:: Arya already cares about Gendry and he cares about her. It wouldn’t be crazy that they will be fighting side by side in season 8 and will bond all over again. It makes a lot more sense if Gendry even lives for something to come of that relationship.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, GraceK said:

And Sansa is? At this point in her life she has been forcibly married twice, raped and abused. I don’t think marriage is high on her list of goals. I think survival and safety is what matters to her. As of season 7 she’s pretty strong and independent. This need to have her find the first hot beef stick and get settled down is kind of insulting.  Finding a man isn’t her priority.

Survival and safety in the GoT world is all about making alliances. I definitely think Sansa would marry again, on her own terms, with a man she picks. I agree it wouldn't be now though. But depending on how much endgame the show includes it could be in there. Maybe it will be a whole Return of the king ending with like ten different events and wrap ups :D

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Holmbo said:

Survival and safety in the GoT world is all about making alliances. I definitely think Sansa would marry again, on her own terms, with a man she picks. I agree it wouldn't be now though. But depending on how much endgame the show includes it could be in there. Maybe it will be a whole Return of the king ending with like ten different events and wrap ups :D

That would be nice. 😊

• Love 2

I don't think Arya is totally uninterested in marriage or love.I just think she doesn't want to be married off to someone so she can give him heirs and run his castle which was basically her most likely fate before everything happened to the Starks.But a relationship with someone she choses herself and who doesn't expect her to be a traditional lady and tries to change who she is,imo would be something Arya would go for.And Gendry truly is that person for her I think,they're kinda perfect for each other.I'm just not sure they actually go there next season,I feel that it makes sense but idk.

I'd be pretty disappointed if they did some arranged marriage thing with Sansa and Gendry or even worse a romance.But I also feel that its unlikely tbh.Imo Sansa will end the show unmarried most likely or maybe if there's some epilogue thing we see that she married some random northern lord in the future.I can't see her ending up with Tyrion or especially not with Sandor either.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GraceK said:

As to Aryas chances of survival, I think they are pretty high. According to spoilers and filming information anyway, I’m not too concerned about her chances. Also, I don’t  know why some fans assume Arya is asexual or not interested in men. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that she may want love in her life at some point. 

Book Sansa is. Book Arya's too young to be married.

13 minutes ago, WindyNights said:

Book Sansa is. Book Arya's too young to be married.

At this point I don’t care about “ book” anything. Chances are we won’t find out what the hell happens to any of the book characters for another 15 years. Even if by some miracle TWOW comes out within the next two years, we won’t be getting a conclusion to this book series anytime soon. The conclusion we are getting to ASOIAF is what the show gives us In my opinion. I know a lot of people feel differently and that’s understandable and that’s cool. 🤷🏻‍♀️ At this point in time, all I have to go on is where Show Sansa is at, and where Show Arya is at, and what Show Jon, Dany, Jaime, etc etc etc are at. The only consolation is that D&D has said they plan to honor GRRM book ending with the show ending. That it’s  gonna end the same. Otherwise who knows?

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Holmbo said:

I had a thought that might already have been mentioned in this thread, I haven't read the previous 145 pages. What if Sansa and Gendry becomes a couple?

GRRM pulling a Louisa May? Well, he does have troll-ish tendencies, if mostly of the facetious kind. I'm a Gendry fan (maybe the Gendry fan on this board? Because of him, as a character, although I do also love him with Arya) and I don't want him to become an accessory for an Amy. If he lives, which is my main wish, I wouldn't grumble too much if he ended-up with a Meg or a Beth, or another Jo if Lyanna Mormont was old enough, LOL, but (sorry to repeat myself for the regular posters) I don't think they're going to sprout end game relationships or develop second tier/third tier character relationships in S8, because noh time; although I think there will be relationships and sexy scenes because when you look back, there was plenty of those every season (including three in shorter S7). Imo, it will be part of the numerous call-backs to previous seasons that were evoked by some actors (NCW). The already established bonds might happen or not romantically speaking, might have a happy or an unhappy ending, but imo they're going to be the frame for the relationship endgame in the last season.

21 hours ago, GraceK said:

I want Bran to be kidnapped just for the pure comedy value of a Cersei and Bran scene. To have Cersei evil monologuing to a vacant three eyed raven Bran would just be gold 😂😂😂

It would! But you know what, I like more and more the idea of Bran faking it. It would be, for D&D, a great way to create another WTF moment by exploiting the absence of POVs in a TV show; especially since Bran's storyline has been called very often "lacking" and "disappointing" if not "boring" because of this very absence of POVs. Bran has been mostly dismissed as Bran-bot so if he suddenly revealed he still had emotions, was struggling and suffering because of TMI, and became a character to emotionally root for again, imo most viewers would be flabbergasted. I'd find it so much more original than some "surprise! death" or "surprise! treason" or "surprise! family". All those have been done perfectly well on the show, so now I'd rather see something fresh.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 3

Well, as someone who found Sansa very interesting Season 2 - Season 6 (and certain scenes with LF in Season 7), I do want her to be kidnapped and brought back to Kings Landing.    Cersei is really the last interesting character on the canvas.   As a viewer, Sansa's relationship with Cersei has far more momentum and interest then her snooze inducing scenes with Arya, Bran, Jon Snow and likely Dany (each boring as all hell).

If the rumors are true that Cersei makes it to the last episode, she has to have something that gives her enemies pause, in terms of taking her out with Dany's magical dragons.  Sansa as a hostage does this, it also affords Sansa the chance to share scenes with a character that has been intricate to her development.  Not a Super, Duper, Awesome Assassin Arya, The All-Seeing All-knowing void Bran, Cookie Cutter Sword & Sorcery Hero Jon or Deus Ex Machina Dany.

Cersei is a layered and HUMAN character.

I could see Sansa getting kidnapped during the fall of Winterfell (if she does live through it).  She is taken to Cersei, arriving at the end of Episode 4.  She's out of the way for Episode 5 while the Sci-Fi Heroes fight and defeat the zombies,  playing out her fate in episode 6.  A Mountain of screen time won't be necessary, gives Lena Headey someone to play off of and gives Sansa something interesting to be part of.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Advance35 said:

If the rumors are true that Cersei makes it to the last episode, she has to have something that gives her enemies pause, in terms of taking her out with Dany's magical dragons.

She's already got that, hence why Dany and co. haven't already just stormed the city.

5 hours ago, Eyes High said:

A "nice subversion to her early dreams of marriage while still getting her the happiness after all her misery" would be Sansa ending the series unmarried by choice, which certainly seems to be her endgame based on S7 and everything we know about S8.

And really, all these arguments about Sansa marrying down and finding happiness with a good man would equally apply to Pod, who doesn't have a relationship with Arya and who in the books is even hinted to have a crush on Sansa. Why not argue in favour of Pod/Sansa with these arguments? Is it because Gendry is hot and Pod isn't, and Sansa deserves a hot guy while Arya doesn't? Because that seems to be where Gendry/Sansa arguments come from.

I want Sansa either single , with a hint she finds someone later ( we don't need to know who ), or Pod, but it looks like Pod doesn't make it (sad ), or someone not in show and briefly in book ( Ned Dayne ).

• Love 4
(edited)

Teaser just aired! It’s April 14th!

Happy to be wrong about it being April 28th. That shaves two weeks off the wait. We’re now three months away. 90 days left now. Let the countdown begin!

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 6

I loved it. I loved seeing the three of them together like a team. Jon is looking sexy AF 😂❤️😊.  The voice overs were very interesting, clearly Jon is going to be extremely prominent next season. ( obviously but I mean more than usual)   I loved how they had Catelyns statue representing Sansa, Lyanna representing Arya, and Ned’s for Jon. Their symbolic counterparts obviously. I am shooketh!! 😂😂😂 I honestly have so many thoughts I don’t even know what to think first .

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 5

Now to me when Sansa was passing a statue it looked more like Cat, and with Cat's voice over, Just like Jon's and Lyanna's and Ned's voice over,  Arya's walking with Cat's voice over.namely those were 3 separate statues, then WE get the 3 sibling's statues . 

Edited by GrailKing
additions.
Just now, tangerine95 said:

It took me so long to realize Bran was missing.I feel bad lol

Seriously me too!!! My heart dropped to see Arya and Jon both draw their swords!!’ Oh my babies!! Finally!!!

• Love 4

I don't know how long they will be playing out Jon's parent reveal, but this trailer was massively about it. He's also the only one with a torch (fire) in this. Sansa's hair seems to be braided a la Dany a bit (and no I'm not saying that to trigger some debate about who wore it best).

The three statues at the end was massively creepy. And Jon walking past Lyanna's statue, well that's never not going to be emotional.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

Yesssss Stark sibs! My guess is Bran is represented by the raven feather. I love seeing the siblings together! Jon and Arya getting ready to fight together!

Jon is carrying the torch because he's the one with fire, the Targaryen. Maybe he carries Dany with him? Then the fire goes out. IT'S SYMBOLIC. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Poor Bran. Where is he? 😂

D&D:  “Who?”

21 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The Jon, Arya and Sansa statues were pretty shoddy, but it was a cool moment.

They got better likenesses then Lyanna, at least, heh.

4 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Sorry, but that was it? What a let down. Oh well.

It was more than 1 statue, and I thought it beautifully creepy.

It was a Nutter teaser???.

Edited by GrailKing

I have to say I got a little emotional at the way Arya seemed to be protective of  Sansa in this teaser. Anyone else get that vibe? It could be wishful thinking but it really seems that they are showing a real Starks United front next season, regardless of the parentage reveal. 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 4

I don't get it. This trailer is just about the same as the last one, except it focuses on the Starks. Basically, the NK and his army is coming. I look forward to a trailer with something new.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, GraceK said:

I have to say I got a little emotional at the way Arya seemed to be protective of  Sansa in this teaser. Anyone else get that vibe? It could be wishful thinking but it really seems that they are showing a real Starks United front next season, regardless of the parentage reveal. 

I love the idea of a Starks united front. I love the idea of Arya being protective of Sansa. I love the idea of them working together. And I would truly love them just tossing aside Jon's parentage reveal and being all, "nope, you're our brother." 

Just now, SimoneS said:

I don't get it. This trailer is just about the same as the last one, except it focuses on the Starks. Basically, the NK and his army is coming. I look forward to a trailer with something new.

It has the three Stark siblings together! That's pretty new! It was also very creepy and haunting. I loved it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

I think it's the artistic way it's done and where we get a Sansa Danny stare off, here we have a united front.

So what do we think is up with the feather?? Theories? Obviously it’s a call back to Robert putting it on Lyannas statue, but do we think it means something more ? 

ETA:: also, is the fact that Jons statue is a statue of an old man hint at his endgame? 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 3