Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Back In The Saddle Again

22 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

Deacon strives to help an unmotivated Daphne pass her history class;

What???? What's wrong, she got her period again? Are they serious with these plot lines?

I pay very little attention to synopses and definitely don't draw any conclusions from them about anything. I certainly don't make viewing decisions based on an episode synopsis. Basically the same for promos. They're designed to hopefully intrigue viewers but they almost always combine things in ways that aren't reflected in the actual episode. 

• Love 1

Ugh ugh ugh...I'm this close to not watching anymore.  Too much Maddie...I'm sick of Daphne angst and now we are going to have to deal with Oliver Twist types ... Why is it so dark in that house?  Don't they have lights?  I could hardly even see the "funny casserole".

Scarlet and Gunnar....Scarlet doesn't smile anymore, Gunnar's hair looks awful.

Will is the only person I actually want to see!  I loved his song.  

Zach makes me sad..getting rid of Bucky.

I hope Juliette has turned the corner.

• Love 1

This show is lucky that it's on in the summer and I cant find anything better to watch. I can't deal with anymore moody teenagers. The only thing saving Daphne is that her behavior is understandable because her mother is dead where Maddie is just a pain for no reason. 

Zack needs to be hit by a bus. Trying to take over Highway 65 like he's a thing I the music industry. Thinking he can divide and conquer by going to Deacon um no Zack he has no loyalty to you. I'm pretty sure he hates you. Will can do so much better. I can't remember the last boyfriends name but I prefer him.

I want Maddie's album to fail. She needs the hard lesson that it's not just handed to her because she has some talent and famous parents. 

Wow Scarlett looked like she was walking to her own murder when Gunner asked her to be in a relationship. Girl if you are that against it do the guy a favor and say no. I can't handle these two. Just give up you don't work.

• Love 9
(edited)

And can someone explain to me when Gunner really failed with Scarlett?!?! He made a comment about that and Avery was like "yes you have. So has she" which hell yes I second that last comment but the first? I've dissected the Scarlett and Gunner romance in the first part of this season in this forum but I'll cliffnotes it right now: when has Gunner failed her? Sure he was an ass during their relantionship the first go around but again his brother had just died. All his other choices were made when they weren't a couple and the only one I can think that she has any right to be miffed over is when he dated her best friend. Aside from that.. she just legit cheated on him and is having that guys kid. Again, she has made the worst choices in this romance. Plus all she does is treat him terribly. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, notcreative enough said:

I want Maddie's album to fail. She needs the hard lesson that it's not just handed to her because she has some talent and famous parents. 

I wanted her to fail when it looked like she wasn't taking Juliette's advice. But since she is, I want it to do well, because I like Juliette.  And in real life, the daughter of a legendary singer would probably do pretty well with an album. At least one released right after the mother's death.

But it's sad, because Rayna always wanted her girls to do their music together. Obviously Daphne isn't in a place for that right now, but it's still what she would have wanted.

32 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

And can someone explain to me when Gunner really failed with Scarlett?!?! He made a comment about that and Avery was like "yes you have. So has she" which hell yes I second that last comment but the first? I've dissected the Scarlett and Gunner romance in the first part of this season in this forum but I'll cliffnotes it right now: when has Gunner failed her? Sure he was an ass during their relantionship the first go around but again his brother had just died. All his other choices were made when they weren't a couple and the only one I can think that she has any right to be miffed over is when he dated her best friend. Aside from that.. she just legit cheated on him and is having that guys kid. Again, she has made the worst choices in this romance. Plus all she does is treat him terribly. 

Yeah, I don't remember Gunner being that bad with Scarlett. He bailed on their initial audition with Highway 65, which led to her first contract with Rayna being solo, which led to her breakdown, so maybe she blames him for that? It's really fair to him though. And didn't he also propose to her and she said no? It wasn't until after that where he started dating her friend. 

• Love 3

I saw a spoiler about the Damitt kid and had to see how it went down so I watched the ep though I had no plans to. Skipped the Daphne stuff as I have no interest. I actually enjoyed the Maddie/Juliette stuff. Perfect amount of Clay. I love Avery to death, but disagree with what he said to Gunnar as it related to the Scunnar past relationship. And I did NOT want to see Gunnar begging for her but all right. Whatever.  

Kind of low for Zach to want to get rid of Bucky this way. Rayna must already be rolling over in her grave. 

I wish Juliette's album had been a success. Since it wasnt, I hope Juliette gets over it quickly. 

• Love 1

I didn't hate it as much as I expected to.  I kind of love that Juliette's album bombed because that whole storyline was a dud to me.  I like that this episode showcased why she was able to become the success with only Ed as support.  I don't want her to spend the rest of her story guiding Maddie but I do want to see her rebuild.  Even Maddie didn't annoy me as much because she actually considered her advice.

There was too much Daphne so I fast forwarded a bit.  I wasn't annoyed at her, like I was with Maddie, because having difficulty adjusting to the death of her mom made sense.  I just hope this doesn't drag out too long.

I don't hate Zach but...why are he and Will boyfriends when Will broke up with Kevin specifically because he wasn't ready for a relationship?  Let' see him play the field.

Avery's advice was good because usually both people do something wrong in a relationship and if Gunnar wants Scarlett back, focusing on who was better or worse will lead him nowhere.  But it pained me to see that she looked like she received a death sentence as she agreed to make it work.  I'm sorry for all the fans but these two need to be separated.  I'm not sure why they are never allowed to look happy but it's hard to watch.

So, basically;

They still can’t think of a good plot for Juliette or Avery.

Maddie & Daphne are still teenagers only now Daphne gets the angst so now she also gets too much screen time.

Scarlett still has terrible hair. After 4 ½ seasons they still can’t figure it out, & now she's infected Gunnar with bad hair syndrome.

Will is still gay.

Rayna is still dead.

I am still bored.

• Love 10

Oh, good. Daphne has met her Rayanne Graf who lives in the warehouse where Rickie was staying before he moved in with Mr. Katimsky.

I understand that she is still reeling from her mother's death and that's a lot for anyone to deal with, especially at her age. I also know that people grieve differently so I want to give her a pass. One guy I know lost his father when he was a senior in high school and he ditched school for basically the entire spring semester. He wasn't off causing trouble or doing anything bad. He was lying in bed depressed. In comparison, Daphne ditching one day of school isn't THAT bad.

But I understand where Deacon is coming from. Daphne has always been the good kid and for her to ditch school and then not answer her phone is huge. And even though I know that college isn't for everyone, flunking a grade, even in middle school (which won't show up on your high school transcript) still isn't the best choice. She is living in the moment and Deacon is trying to make sure that she has a future when she comes out of this fog of depression. Sure, right now she doesn't care if she has to repeat seventh grade, but how is she going to feel next year when all of her friends are in eighth grade and she's stuck with the new seventh graders?

All that said, watching this episode made me realize that I don't care what happens anymore. I don't care about Juliet's album flopping. I don't care about Maddie recording her solo album. I don't care about stupid Zach (although I do care about Bucky!). Even though I understand why Daphne is behaving this way, I don't care about a plot that revolves around her skipping school.

When I saw that Savannah Dooley wrote this episode, I had high hopes (or at least higher than usual). I know the plot isn't up to her though.

The only good thing about this episode was Will and Gunnar's scene at home. Awww, poor Avery. He comes over to the house and he gets stuck playing Gunnar's therapist and maid.

Daphne pouting at Will's performance annoyed me so much. If I had been caught ditching school at that age, my parents wouldn't have let me go to a concert. Even though Daphne is being a bitch to Maddie, it makes me laugh because this is not even the beginning of payback for what a bitch Maddie has been to Daphne for the last two seasons. What's most surprising is that Maddie is taking it all so well.

I hope Maddie realizes how lucky she is that she's even in a position to decide what she wants her songs and her album to sound like. So many musicians are given songs written by other people and told how to sing them, ESPECIALLY on their first albums. They don't get to argue with the producers about their vision or talk about what they want. Look how long it took Juliette to have a say in what kind of songs she wanted to sing. And I agree that Maddie needs to enunciate better when she sings. She's fine when she talks, but she gets really mushy mouthed and mumbly when she sings.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Oh, good. Daphne has met her Rayanne Graf who lives in the warehouse where Rickie was staying before he moved in with Mr. Katimsky.

Yep, I kept expecting Ricky and maybe Julianna Hatfield to show up. I liked RayannePart2, tho, altho...not nearly so much as the original, who I loved. Who is the actress? (the new one, not the original).

9 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

He didn't. It's been totally retconned to make it seem as if Gunnar cheated on her a lot or something, which: no. At least Avery did chime in with the 'she failed you too'. And ugh, could Scarlett be any poutier or zero-energy or glum or boring? Probably.

Loved Juliette's 'You're not just pretty, you're smart' to her pretty, pretty, smart husband who deserves his own storyline.

I could barely hear a diff between Maddie and Juliette's versions of that song, but it's possible I liked Maddie's more.

I don't care so much about teen angst in this show---this is NO 'my so called life', no matter if it's trying to be--but it also didn't bother me. I just don't want it to take over the show.

I thought the reviews for Juliette's album were probably exactly what they would be in real life. Seems as if she's suddenly lost her religion again, too. Which is fine with me.

• Love 3

My first thoughts on this episode.

- I'm glad Juliette has put this Gospel album behind her. I'm also glad it tanked. A Juliette who has to rebuild her career for the umpteenth time is a fun Juliette to watch.

- Dang, Avery was pretty tonight. Did he lose a little weight? And yes, he is very smart. Always was. 

- Maddie did not annoy me. In fact, I enjoyed watching her struggle with which version of her song was better. That's the kind of music-focused storyline I like on the show that we haven't seen enough of in S5.

- As much as I've liked Maddie, I was bored to death with her storyline. In fact, I started browsing my computer when she was one. These non-music-related storylines, especially for such a minor character are just plain dumb, imo. Yes, she's going through something, but do we have to watch every second of it?

- Can Deacon do something with his own music, please? Can Avery? 

- Scarlett is now my least-favorite character. Gunnar should quit the band and run as far away from her as he can.

• Love 6

I enjoyed the episode.  I can relate to Daphne, so I understood her struggle.  I don't dislike a focus on the girls, which I know makes me an anomaly.   But that's okay with me.

I'm so disappointed in Scarlett.  I used to love her and now I don't.

I saw some of Juliette's sass back and I love it!  I want more!

I was sad to hear Zach want to fire Bucky, but I understand that.  That same scenario just happened to me - new boss, wants new blood - so it's realistic.  And while we may hate it for Bucky, just because he's been around since the dawn of time doesn't mean he's Velcro.  He's not a major character and I know he's in a play right now, so it could be the vehicle for writing him off, or out for a time.

• Love 4

piratewench, you're right about Bucky. The actor is in a play, so he probably will be gone for a while. I hope it's not permanent. What I'd love to see is for him to leave Highway 65 and then for some crisis to happen down the road that only he can fix so Zach comes crawling back to him.

• Love 2

I love Daphne and get that she has a perfectly good reason for being a mess, but we JUST got rid of angst-brat-Maddie, we do not need a replacement. I'd much rather see her grief manifest itself in a storyline where she becomes too much of a perfectionist over-achieving people-pleaser or something.

Shut up, Scarlett. As always. Were we supposed to think Gunnar's weird Tom-Cruise-run to her house was romantic? Gunnar, do better!

I see we're still sticking with Will in non-storylines where he has one scene an episode where he's nervous about a relationship. At least they let him perform, and that actually everyone was there to support him for once.

Not a great return. As mentioned above, this is definitely an "I'm only watching this because of the vast summer TV wasteland" show.

• Love 3
(edited)

It seemed as if the music numbers just came from nowhere. One thing I always loved about this show is how the music was connected to the story. We saw them write the songs and knew where the inspiration had come from. Only Maddie's song partially fits in with that - could be why I actually enjoyed this storyline with her and Juliette. It was reminscent of old Nashville. 

As far as the Exes, Is that a song from their album? Have they been writing together since this baby happened? What? And then with Will - maybe I missed it (I was flicking channels to avoid all Daphne Downer plot points), but why was he even performing? What's the plan for his career? I have no clue. 

There were several weird things going on with the filming, Gunnar running down the street so dramatically and Juliette's reaction to Hallie's call. I don't get those directorial decisions. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 1

I actually yelled at the TV when Deacon, after getting the phone call that Daphne was missing, was apologetic to Zach that he had to go.  "Zach is not your boss, you don't need his permission to go look for your kid".  Maybe it's too soon, but I am ready for Deacon to take control of something.  His music or the business or his family, stop reacting and do something positive. 

I didn't want to like Juliette's version of Maddie's song better, because I felt she came up with the idea to make herself feel better after the disappointment with the new album, but I did. 

Not sure what Will sees in Zach, but I am always interested when Will is on screen.

The Gunnar running scene reminded me of Ben running through the streets to stop Felicity getting on the plane for winter break.  The Felicity scene was not corny because a large majority of the viewers were invested in Ben and Felicity getting back together.  I don't want Gunnar to get back together with Scarlett, and don't think that many viewers do either.  The storyline, and maybe the way Clare has portrayed Scarlett, has destroyed that relationship and the two characters for me.     

• Love 1

I mean it's clear they're trying to do a Rayna/Deacon/Teddy redux with Scarlett/Gunner/the video guy whose name I don't care to remember here but alas.. it's not working. The circumstances weee extremely different with Rayna and Deacon and Teddy. Rayna was pregnant with Deacons baby but Deacon was knee deep in his alcoholism and Teddy knew about the situation when they got together. Scarlett cheated on Gunner. Point blank. It isn't the same. Scarlett is an awful person. 

• Love 4

Can someone remind me....why is Scarlett on the outs with British director? Last I recall, they were in bed when Rayna's accident happened but I must have blocked out a breakup. Why wouldn't she answer his calls?

And in the same note, I seem to recall her telling Gunnar that she didn't love him "right now" (blech) - how are they now basically back together? (Though she didn't look all that thrilled when he hugged her at the end.)

Maybe I'm blanking on this. So she was into the director but not enough to raise a child with him? 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, LizDC said:

Maddie needs to learn how to pronounce her 'T's when singing words like Curtain and Certain. 

I can hardly understand a word she says when she sings.  And I guess I'm the only person here who doesn't like her singing at all.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

And I guess I'm the only person here who doesn't like her singing at all

Nope, me too, though I never minded Maddie's voice until this episode, I think, and that includes the eps she did last year with Jessy Schram. Did Lennon Stella change the way she sings?

• Love 3

So, I've decided that I'm really not going to watch live, I'll read the recaps, and then decide how much of the episode to watch. I find it less aggravating that way. That being said, I ended up watching the entire episode, against my better judgment with Scarlett/Gunnar's shitfest.

So, they did surprise me with going the stupid route and making Damien the father. That was something that they got me on. I thought that they'd actually want to explore all the "Who's The Daddy" outcomes and since Gunnar being the baby daddy would be new for this show, I really got bamboozled. 

I also don't know why Gunnar is allowing himself to be treated like crap. Scarlett seems to be only with him because she doesn't want Damien as the father, so she's willing to....be with Gunnar and force love until she actually loves him? How low is his self esteem to let himself go through this situation? And he's already had to play Fake Daddy once, and look how that turned out. Scarlett is just surprised me in completely surpassing Maddie in the Worst Character category. She apparently forgot how to smile. She had the nerve to roll her eyes about Gunnar during Will's performance. Seriously? Even Gunnar could muster up some fun! 

I hate all teenage storylines on this show, but at least with Daphne, it's interesting for now because we know why she's acting the way she is and I do want to see her work through her grief (plus, it's WAY better than the Scarlett Baby Daddy drama). If she acts like Maddie for several seasons (or for the rest of the series, however long it goes on), then I'll form different opinions. Even I wasn't hating Maddie from the start; that only happened over time. I'm just not sure why nobody got Daphne some therapy earlier, to be honest. 

It is kind of sad, though, because I empathize with Daphne but still sometimes get pissy at Maddie. Although I actually find calm Maddie a nice, refreshing change, and enjoy her storyline with Juliette, I find it odd that her grief isn't as prominent as Deacon and Daphne's. But then again, I've always felt like Maddie couldn't have cared less about Teddy OR Rayna; as long as she had Deacon, then she'd be ok. 

I always love me some Will, and Zach's good when he's with him, but Zach's also not so great with the business storyline. I do find it refreshing to have such a morally grey character. I don't feel like we're supposed to like him as a businessman, but we are supposed to like him with Will. Though he does bring up many good points about Highway 65's lack of success with its business model. How many actual success stories do they have? Most of their clients failed when brought on. 

I'd like to see more Avery, please. Maybe he can be Daphne's mentor, since Juliette is Maddie's. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

Nope, me too, though I never minded Maddie's voice until this episode, I think, and that includes the eps she did last year with Jessy Schram. Did Lennon Stella change the way she sings?

It seems to me that she's been made to tone down her affect for TV. I'm ashamed to admit I've looked at her Instagram account, and her videos of her singing are just beyond. Her scrunchy facial expressions and fake reaching for notes are pretentious. She'd be a fine singer without all that added garbage.

Ok, what is it with kids on this show befriending random homeless people? First Maddie and her boyfriend, and now Daphne meets up with a cool homeless girl. I guess the sisters have more in common than I thought.

This was a pretty dull episode, but I guess it could have been worse. It didn't piss me off, so that makes it better than some earlier seasons. Really, I don't even know why this show is still here. I'm still watching because I still like enough of the characters to want to see what happens to them, but its ridiculous that so many great shows get cancelled, while shows like this, that never really lived up to its potential, get to keep going on for ages.

I cant say I'm enjoy Daphne angst, but I do at least understand her issues, and feel for her. Maddie's angst was just random and annoying, at least Daphne has an actual problem. And I do kind of like that everyone is focused on Daphne for once, instead of All Maddie All the Time. It actually seems like we might even get a more likable Maddie, and I hardly even remember the likable Maddie from season 1! And I enjoy Deacon trying to parent Daphne, considering most of his time has been consumed by his relationship with bio daughter Maddie. I don't want Daphne to just forget about Teddy (who, for all his failings, was a caring father) but I would like to see her and Deacon bond more, as I do think Deacon really loves her.

I love Juliette, but I'm kind of glad her album tanked. Its pretty much what I would expect from that kind of album in real life, and what I figured people would think about her changing her whole musical style. I do hope they keep up with Juliet's religious side, but in the background. Tons of people are religious, but don't talk about it all the time. Also, she and Avery are back to being cute. "Your smart AND your pretty". Can we please get this man a storyline please?

I still have no idea why they've retconed Gunnar as some asshole who cheated on Scarlett or something. Gunnar, you can do better. And Will is great, as always, but I don't know about Zach. He seems like a nice boyfriend, but I don't trust his business sense. I mean, he isn't wrong about Highway 65 being a black hole of dept., but I feel like he might not be a good guy.

In real life homeless teens probably don't break out into songs in their cool abandoned well lit brick building. I have no idea what the hell was on my screen there. I need it to never show up again.

Too much Maddie, but I've always despised the actress and her flat voice.

Last episode, everyone got together to finish Rayna and Deacon's passion project. Um, what happened to that? Instead, we had 3 minutes of Juliette and team gospel choir being hit with bad reviews. Somehow she had it recorded and released in 10 weeks? Okay. 

Gunner's hair seemed flatter, I approve. And that's the only thing I liked about him this episode. Scarlett is such a Mary Sue, and the rewriting of her as the wronged party is annoying. Thank you Avery for pointing out that she's not blameless.

The last scene was my favorite. Deacon as a dad is amazing. Charles is really doing great work this season.

• Love 2

I have to say that Charles Esten can move me to tears faster than any other actor.  I have become such a fan of his as I think he does an amazing job at portraying Deacon.  I may even watch the CMT music awards as he is hosting...

• Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

Can you elaborate on how you think her singing style has changed?  I don't like her singing at all, no matter the style, but I'm interested in what you think.

5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I love Juliette, but I'm kind of glad her album tanked. Its pretty much what I would expect from that kind of album in real life, and what I figured people would think about her changing her whole musical style.

I do hope they keep up with Juliet's religious side, but in the background.

Also, she and Avery are back to being cute. "Your smart AND your pretty". Can we please get this man a storyline please?

Why do you think a gospel album would tank?  Or just a gospel album from an otherwise non-gospel singer.

I, too, hope they continue to explore Juliet's religious side.  I don't want her to be a holy-roller, but some spiritual exploration would be nice.  I'd like to see that carry over into Avery's life too.

Yes, please, on a decent story line for Avery.  He is SOOOOOO under-used on this show.  I could watch and listen to Avery, Will and Gunnar sing all day long ~~ throw in some Deacon and an occasional song with Scarlet (ew!) we've got a top-notch show.  Forget literally everybody else.  Literally.  Ok, some Juliet now and then.

4 hours ago, dbell1 said:

In real life homeless teens probably don't break out into songs in their cool abandoned well lit brick building. I have no idea what the hell was on my screen there. I need it to never show up again.

Charles is really doing great work this season.

I couldn't believe that whole scene.  All it needed was a barn, a bed sheet for a curtain, some expertly choreographed dancing and we'd have a show! That was maybe the stupidest scene from this entire series. And what was that song anyway?

Chip has done great work every season.  I live in Nashville and love how active and visible he is in the community.  He's made it clear he really loves Nashville (the city) and I hope he stays long after "Nashville" (the show) has ended.  Love me some Charles Esten.

Edited by slasherboy
  • Love 2

The song the homeless kids were singing was the theme song to Daria. Which first off, awesome show yes but seriously.. Daphne is way too young to know Daria and I'm assuming the homeless kids should be around her ageish? Or around it, also way too young to know Daria. 

This show seems to be on its last legs. I've been wondering what the new showrunners were thinking making Maddie and Daphne the new stars with plot lines that take over the show. I feel like they are trying to recreate their old show My So Called Life. But seriously.. do they think teens were watching this show when it was on ABC? I always assumed this show was young adults-adults. I always assumed that same age group is what followed to CMT. 

10 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Why do you think a gospel album would tank?  Or just a gospel album from an otherwise non-gospel singer.

I don't think any gospel album would tank, but I can see a Juliette Barnes gospel album tanking. Its just not a genre she's used to, and people aren't used to hearing it from her. And, honestly, her gospel singing was never as good as her more pop/country stuff. And I like gospel music. Its not bad music, but I don't know if her core audience or critics would get behind it. I would need to hear more of her alum to see if it was actually any good, but I can see why it would be a struggle for her.

32 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

The song the homeless kids were singing was the theme song to Daria. Which first off, awesome show yes but seriously.. Daphne is way too young to know Daria and I'm assuming the homeless kids should be around her ageish? Or around it, also way too young to know Daria. 

This show seems to be on its last legs. I've been wondering what the new showrunners were thinking making Maddie and Daphne the new stars with plot lines that take over the show. I feel like they are trying to recreate their old show My So Called Life. But seriously.. do they think teens were watching this show when it was on ABC? I always assumed this show was young adults-adults. I always assumed that same age group is what followed to CMT. 

Interestingly, the question was posed somewhere about how the kids from Nashville would know the theme song from Daria.  Without exception, everyone who responded said that it's available all over the place and it's the kind of show older kids might introduce younger siblings to.  Since I'd never heard of Daria, it actually didn't occur to me to even question it and it seems like it shouldn't have been such a surprise after all.  It can't be any different than a new generation getting introduced to 'Friends', for example.

As far as the show being on its last legs, I disagree.  I actually think they're moving into a new phase that can be very interesting to see, but I think it's all based on your individual perspective.  Everyone has a different POV about it, it seems.  I am not surprised to see Maddie and Daphne have bigger roles since they are older than they were in the beginning and more able to be part of the mix.  I'm not speaking about the actresses who portray them, simply the characters.  I hear a lot that everyone seems to think the showrunners are trying to create a teen show, but my interpretation of everything they've said doesn't lead me to that conclusion at all.  That said, I would like to see more Juliette, Avery, and Will, and I'm hopeful we'll get that now that we've gotten past the buildup to Rayna's death.

I also live in Nashville and love how invested most of the cast is in the city, especially Chip Esten.  He's everywhere and I think it's great to see how invested he's become in our city.  I'm another one who hopes he stays here long after Nashville the show (he actually said, after the show was initially cancelled, that he wasn't planning to leave, so I'm guessing that would still be the case).

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:17 PM, seacliffsal said:

I have to say that Charles Esten can move me to tears faster than any other actor.  I have become such a fan of his as I think he does an amazing job at portraying Deacon.  I may even watch the CMT music awards as he is hosting...

I've watched Charles Esten on Whose Line is it Anyway from a few years back and he was so good on there!  He is amazing on this show and basically between him and Avery they are the only reason why I continue to watch.

I think since they cut off Scarlett's hair, she's been a bitchy pompous sourpuss.  Grow your hair back Scarlett.  We liked you better.

Enough with the homeless singing kids - do they really have this many homeless talented youth in Nashville?

• Love 1
On 6/3/2017 at 3:57 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

I thought the same... there's no way these kids randomly are fans of Daria.  I'm 34 and I'm no sure you can find episodes anywhere.  Not that I've checked but I loved Daria when it was on tv.  But couldn't sing the theme song even with help.

And what was with the girl calling that guy her dad and then throwing a can at him? Assault anyone???

1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I thought the same... there's no way these kids randomly are fans of Daria.  I'm 34 and I'm no sure you can find episodes anywhere.  Not that I've checked but I loved Daria when it was on tv.  But couldn't sing the theme song even with help.

And what was with the girl calling that guy her dad and then throwing a can at him? Assault anyone???

At first I thought we were going with a "teenage girl with a mental disorder" but I guess that's not it? Otherwise I'm assuming now we're going with this girl is legit Rayanje Graff lite and she's edgy and she throws things and shouts at people. I don't know. I'm assuming it's the fact that I'm older now and watching a teenager who yells and throws things at people just because they can isn't entertaining to me now. Especially not on this show.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

Actually, apparently you can find Daria lots of places.  When the question was posed somewhere else, every single person who responded to that question had a place you could find it.  And didn't think it was out of the ordinary that kids that age would be familiar with Daria.

Yeah, I wondered about that can throwing thing too.  I was sitting there thinking what the what???

Well, I'm evil. As soon as that paternity test said Gunnar wasn't the father, I said out loud, "Oh, thank you sweet baby Jesus!" Free Gunnar, indeed.

I wish Gunnar, Avery, and Will would get their own band going. I always enjoy those three together. And please get Avery his own story soon!

• Love 7

Maddie was wearing high-waisted button fly pants. Are those a thing?  Should I go to my parents and see if any of my old clothes are still in the dresser?

The therapist said they need to give Daphne some space and just be there for her and next scene Deacon is smothering the hell out of her.

I did love how Daphne kept picking up that girl's sign every time they stopped.  She may skip school but she is no litter bug!

I want Avery to come over to my house and clean up whilst dispensing advice.

Is there going to be payoff with Juliette spacing out when the gospel girl called on the phone or no?

Clay is not homeless. He is a street performer and Maddie met him on the street. He has a little apartment that's been shown in several episodes. 

I thought Gunnar started running because he saw an ambulance or something. I kept waiting for flashing lights. You know, the whole miscarriage/but I really wanted the baby plot line. 

• Love 1

Are there really any viewers who want to see Maddie and Daphne? Nothing against the actresses but I literally fast forward when they are on screen. It is also quite demeaning to hear Teddy being referred to as TEDDY when he is both girls' LEGAL FATHER! I wish he would return - he was a good father to both girls. Getting sick of Scarlett too. Didn't she give up het singing career because she hated being onstage? Now, suddenly, it's ok?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TVWatcher12 said:

Are there really any viewers who want to see Maddie and Daphne? Nothing against the actresses but I literally fast forward when they are on screen. It is also quite demeaning to hear Teddy being referred to as TEDDY when he is both girls' LEGAL FATHER! I wish he would return - he was a good father to both girls. Getting sick of Scarlett too. Didn't she give up het singing career because she hated being onstage? Now, suddenly, it's ok?

I thought I had posted this, so not sure what happened.

I do like Maddie and Daphne, especially Daphne, so I don't have a problem with them.  And I know of others who don't either.  So yeah, there are some viewers who are fine with seeing them.  ;-)

I don't think I've heard anyone other than adults call Teddy 'Teddy'.  Maddie did once, when she was upset over what he and Tandy were planning after the funeral, but I don't think I've ever heard Daphne call him that.  I don't want Teddy back.  He may have been a good father, but there would literally be no other reason for him to be around, so I'd rather he just stay offscreen, in whatever capacity.

Scarlett has been back performing since season 3, when she got together with Gunnar and Avery.  And she is actually one of the performers I like seeing.  I could do without the Gunnar/Damien/Scarlett triangle thing they seem to be heading towards though.