Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: The Law of Inevitability

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, SoothingDave said:

It wasn't the interrogation room, it was the holding cell.  I figure she was just hoping someone would open the door and she could sneak in.

Better question is how Winnie knew how to find Emmitt?

Varga told them to take the stamp and the frame when his guy was cleaning the crime scene up.  Before the police came.  So the frame would not be in the police picture.

And wasn't the frame out for repair when Nikki was in Emmit's house?  So how would she recognize it?  

I recall that she was looking at the left side of the photo - and it looks like there is something white under the piece of furniture which I originally thought was trash, but maybe it was the actual stamp that fell on the floor when the glass broke???

1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

And wasn't the frame out for repair when Nikki was in Emmit's house?  So how would she recognize it?  

I recall that she was looking at the left side of the photo - and it looks like there is something white under the piece of furniture which I originally thought was trash, but maybe it was the actual stamp that fell on the floor when the glass broke???

42 minutes ago, SoothingDave said:

There's no way they left the stamp behind.  

Agree that it isn't the stamp. 

She was looking at the left side of the photo - seemed like the upper left side. There is a white "something" near the piece of furniture. Also, one of the drawers appears to be partially open. I thought that we saw someone open one of those drawers at some point but I could be mistaken. If so, was there something in that drawer of significance?

Also, I'm confused about something. What brought the St. Cloud cops into this mess? 

(edited)
1 hour ago, SoothingDave said:

There's no way they left the stamp behind.  

And there is little chance the police took that photo with the stamp on the floor before the bad guys (Varga & Yuri I think) left the premises with the stamp.

I think the way Nikki looked at the picture is just another one of many red herrings.

Edited by MissBluxom

Mr. Wrench! I literally yelled "Oh my god!" out loud when he showed up! I suppose this makes him the only character (so far) to show up in all three seasons (he had a brief cameo has a kid in the 2nd season), I'm super excited to see how he fits into everything. I wonder what he's been up to since season 1? I would be totally into he and Nikki teaming up after this.

Nikki isn't really a good person, but I did feel bad for her. She really did love Ray, or at least cared about him, and she seems like she is just trying so hard to stay strong, despite everything falling apart around her. I actually kind of rooting for her.

We get it, Gloria is super competent and is being blocked from making progress by her asshole boss. Do we need to make her boss such a one dimensional dickhead just to prove how smart she is? I can buy a woman being a competent police officer without having some jerky guy around to prove how great she is in comparison. Shea Whigham deserves a better character. Hell, his character from Agent Carter was basically the same kind of character, but at least he had some layers and the excuse that he was from the 40s, and sexism was what he grew up with. What's this guys excuse?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Agree that it isn't the stamp. 

She was looking at the left side of the photo - seemed like the upper left side. There is a white "something" near the piece of furniture. Also, one of the drawers appears to be partially open. I thought that we saw someone open one of those drawers at some point but I could be mistaken. If so, was there something in that drawer of significance?

Also, I'm confused about something. What brought the St. Cloud cops into this mess? 

Someone at the AV Club thinks the open drawer is where they had stashed the cash Ray got from the bank.  It might be that, but I don't know why that would make a difference, except that Nikki knows where it is in case she manages to get free. 

The St. Cloud cops are involved because Ray's death happened in St. Cloud.   Didn't it?  Isn't that where Ray and Nikki live -- St. Cloud? 

4 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Someone at the AV Club thinks the open drawer is where they had stashed the cash Ray got from the bank.  It might be that, but I don't know why that would make a difference, except that Nikki knows where it is in case she manages to get free. 

That must be what she meant by "Follow the money". Because Nikki has no idea about how Varga is tied to Stussy Lots.

All she knows about that is "the Russian and some kind of "oriental"". Has she ever met Varga, the invisible?

• Love 1

She was looking at the left side of the photo - seemed like the upper left side. There is a white "something" near the piece of furniture. Also, one of the drawers appears to be partially open. I thought that we saw someone open one of those drawers at some point but I could be mistaken. If so, was there something in that drawer of significance?

Nikki never saw the stamp or the frame, because when she broke into Emmit's house he had replaced both with a picture of a donkey.

I don't understand why Sy (and Emmit) think they can just unload this company on the widow Goldfarb and Varga will stand by and let them.

As someone who did not particularly care for Season 1 or Season 2 I had no idea who was sitting next to Nikki on the bus. I knew it was supposed to be someone, given the dramatic "reveal" thing the camera did, but I was stumped. So that was a fail, in that the show thinks I'm more invested in it than I am.

I'm apparently in the minority because I'm enjoying this season far more than I did the first two. I think it's all about the casting. Granted, there are still a few moments where I roll my eyes. Varga reciting "there was a crooked man" was a real groaner. I despise the self-important and pretentious soliloquies the villains are given every episode. Hated Malvo, hated Mike Milligan, hate Varga. But if I have to watch one of them I'll pick Varga. I just prefer the actor to either Billy Bob Thorton or Bokeem Woodbine.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

The St. Cloud cops are involved because Ray's death happened in St. Cloud.   Didn't it?  Isn't that where Ray and Nikki live -- St. Cloud? 

Ahh, thanks. I assumed that it was either the gun or the cash. We know that Ray went back to the house to get the cash. I agree that I don't know what purpose that serves. Do we even know where the cash is at this point? Did Varga's men take it?

I believe that Ray did live in St. Cloud or at least was a parole officer there. I assumed that's where his car was smashed up by Sy and that's why Winnie - a traffic cop (?) - got involved. Maybe I'm incorrect?

• Love 1
On 6/1/2017 at 3:13 PM, cpcathy said:

I think they were drinking rose because I instantly wanted some.

You may be right. I'm not a drinker, but I think all my Housewife shows make me confuse sangria and rose. Haha!

22 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the security cameras going out right when Gloria walks into the room. I know they thought they were hacked, but I think it was because of her affect on electrical equip

Oh my gosh, YES. I feel like a moron, but I didn't even consider that. I bet you're right. She came in and caused a glitch. 

7 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I think Sy used to think of himself as a badass until he met Varga, et al, and now he's realizing just how weak and ineffective he is. 

I completely agree with this. But, while I'm not a fan of his arrogance, I still feel a bit sad for him in respect to his friendship with Emmit. He was used to being his #1 go-to, and now Emmit is doubting him and losing faith in him and Varga is calling all the shots. It's sort of sad to me. 

• Love 4
  6 hours ago, SoothingDave said:

, it was the holding cell.  I figure she was just hoping someone would open the door and she could sneak in.

So Gloria snuck in after Syringe guy? This police station is as secure as the Public Library.... I'm beginning to think doors/locks don't mean much in Fargo-verse. Everyone's already in the room when people get there; Emmit at Ray's, Varga at Emmit's, Meemo at the motel, Yuri at the Library, they even drilled out Emmit's SAFETY Deposit box . Somebody call ADT!

Amen to this. It's like the brig on ST:TOS. That thing only existed in order for people to break out of it.

• Love 1

It seems like all the stupid bled out of Ray and into Emmit. Hey Genius! You don't need an alibi until the cop says 1). "He didn't die of natural causes" and 2)."We suspect foul play". Jees, What happened to Emmit?

Post-offense behavior can be really off the wall for first-time criminals. It takes a while before you can step over inert bodies and get on with what you were trying to do, as the philosopher said.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, welcomerain said:

She had no authority to wear that uniform on that errand, not because she wasn't the chief, but because she had been ordered to stop her private investigation.

But as we saw in this episode, until January 1st, 2011 Dammick has no legal authority to order the case closed or stop the investigation.

Until that date comes along, it is Gloria's call as Chief to keep the case open, making it an active investigation from the Eden Valley PD, not Gloria's private investigation.

• Love 5
On 5/31/2017 at 8:16 PM, SeanC said:

Shea Whigham's police chief character is absolutely ridiculous, and might as well be replaced by the stock police chief from the Simpsons' "McBain" parodies ("You're off your case, chief!").

Yeah, it's too bad. I really enjoyed him portraying this sort of character on season one of Agent Carter, because his obstinacy turned out to not be so one-dimensional, but instead his character had a lot of nuance and heart. At least so far, on Fargo, he's just very flat.

On another note, the bad guys are getting really sloppy. How they could possibly think any of what they're doing to stall or obfuscate the investigation will do anything but continue to spur it along is beyond me. Stealing case files and threatening cops, attempting to kill eyewitnesses and then this whole business at the end. Vargas needs to hire some better enforcers.

• Love 1

One more thing about Sy's response to Emmit's accusation that Sy was in choots with Ray and Nikki "so I could turn millions into thousands?!?":
Is there any chance this was written when people on social media first started making simular suggestions about Sy working with Ray or Nikki? 

5 hours ago, Eulipian 5k said:
5 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Someone at the AV Club thinks the open drawer is where they had stashed the cash Ray got from the bank…

That must be what she meant by "Follow the money". Because Nikki has no idea about how Varga is tied to Stussy Lots.

All she knows about that is "the Russian and some kind of "oriental"". Has she ever met Varga, the invisible?

When I read @AuntiePam's post, I too thought that's why Nikki said "follow the money," and frequently when two or more posters leap to the same conclusion, it's a pretty good guess. 
And now, about this:

5 HOURS AGO, TENNISGURL SAID:

…Nikki isn't really a good person, but I did feel bad for her. She really did love Ray, or at least cared about him, and she seems like she is just trying so hard to stay strong, despite everything falling apart around her. I actually kind of rooting for her…

I too have been feeling this way about her, but now I'm wondering if we and Ray have both been hoodwinked.
The way she said "Don't cut my Ray open" could have been crocodile tears. Maybe she thinks an autopsy would clear her and she's using reverse psychology to get one. I want Nikki to have loved Ray because it would redeem her character, but I won't be surprised if she doesn't.

5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Mr. Wrench! I literally yelled "Oh my god!" out loud when he showed up!…

I'm a little jealous of and befuddled by all of you who recognized Mr. Wrench. Just curious. Have you re-watched season 1? Recently?

On 5/31/2017 at 11:30 PM, WaltersHair said:

So many call backs to season 1: the policeman who is let go and runs away, Lester look alike, and the deaf hitman.

Also a callback to the movie, with the cops catching Nikki trying to escape through the window of a motel bathroom. (Apologies if someone else already caught this; just now catching up on this thread.)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Eulipian 5k said:

I saw it as Nikki noticed the red light on the camera going out just before the Syringe guy came into the holding area. Light goes out... beeps of door combination lock... Officer enters..tells Nikki to turn around/place hands thru bars. He let the door close behind him when he entered so I was wondering how Gloria got past the electronic lock to save Nikki.

But I thought when they were reviewing the video later, they could see the fake cop putting the handcuffs on Nikki, and the video went out right before he pulled the syringe, not before he entered the holding area. I'm not 100% sure though.

Thank God for this forum cause I'm not catching everything the rest of you are catching.  Mr. Wrench sitting next to Nikki in the bus?  Wow.  Never recognized him.  Hope he survived the rollover and kills Varga's hitmen.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm apparently in the minority because I'm enjoying this season far more than I did the first two. I think it's all about the casting. Granted, there are still a few moments where I roll my eyes. Varga reciting "there was a crooked man" was a real groaner. I despise the self-important and pretentious soliloquies the villains are given every episode. Hated Malvo, hated Mike Milligan, hate Varga. But if I have to watch one of them I'll pick Varga. I just prefer the actor to either Billy Bob Thorton or Bokeem Woodbine.

For me, the eye rolling moment was when he walked in on Emmet and the two lady cops and said, "Moshi, Moshi".  Does he use that phrase to say "hello" in order to sew confusion as to where he is from? He often recites strange poems or sayings for reasons that just mystify me. Very strange person.

I think that is a cute way of saying hello in Japanese.  Apparently, it's mostly used when answering the phone.

You should use "Moshi Moshi" primarily when answering the telephone.   https://www.tofugu.com/japanese/moshi-moshi

24 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

But I thought when they were reviewing the video later, they could see the fake cop putting the handcuffs on Nikki, and the video went out right before he pulled the syringe, not before he entered the holding area. I'm not 100% sure though.

I wonder what would have happened when he threatened to use his stun gun on Nikki if she had just grabbed her mattress and placed it in front of her body.

I think she knew this was not a real cop or not a real "search for contraband". So her other option was to just start screaming her head off. Or scream for help.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Sy is my favorite character this season.

He really adds to the season.  I think I would enjoy just watching all the clips in a row that have him in it, to re-watch his facial expressions (minimal though they may be) and comments.

But I fear he is not long for this season.  Varga seems to have placed a target on his back.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Yeah, it's too bad. I really enjoyed him portraying this sort of character on season one of Agent Carter, because his obstinacy turned out to not be so one-dimensional, but instead his character had a lot of nuance and heart. At least so far, on Fargo, he's just very flat.

On another note, the bad guys are getting really sloppy. How they could possibly think any of what they're doing to stall or obfuscate the investigation will do anything but continue to spur it along is beyond me. Stealing case files and threatening cops, attempting to kill eyewitnesses and then this whole business at the end. Vargas needs to hire some better enforcers.

That is true. But Varga himself is most of the problem. He is the one who gives the orders.

(edited)

Their characters always watch a lot of "animal kingdom" shows.  Probably no free HBO at the Cash Motel.

I didn't really care for Mr. Wrench in season 1 and don't even recall what ultimately happened to him.  Could it be him in character still?

fargo7bbbbbbb.jpg

Edited by Razzberry
1 hour ago, Razzberry said:

Their characters always watch a lot of "animal kingdom" shows.  Probably no free HBO at the Cash Motel.

I didn't really care for Mr. Wrench in season 1 and don't even recall what ultimately happened to him.  Could it be him in character still?

fargo7bbbbbbb.jpg

Yes, because this season is just four years after season one. 

I don't remember what happened to him in S1.  I remember almost nothing about S1 and am another viewer who didn't recognize him. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MissBluxom said:

For me, the eye rolling moment was when he walked in on Emmet and the two lady cops and said, "Moshi, Moshi".  Does he use that phrase to say "hello" in order to sew confusion as to where he is from?

That was funny. I think it is just an affectation with Varga. Like the people who say "Caio" when they leave the room; nobody thinks they're Italian. But, with Varga he probably also has some money hidden in Osaka.

14 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Not sure what you mean by favorite?  You like the way the actor is portraying Sy?  I agree he's doing a great job. But as to the character himself, I really do not like him very much at all. 

I mean that the actor is just hitting a homer with his portrayal. I enjoy every scene he is in (as I did with Nick Offerman last year).

• Love 5
7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I mean that the actor is just hitting a homer with his portrayal. I enjoy every scene he is in (as I did with Nick Offerman last year).

Agree with you completely about that! 

• Love 2

We need Gloria to meet up with Chuck McGill in the BCS universe. Chuck would either get cured of his allergy to electricity and such or spontaneously combust.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, rhys said:

We need Gloria to meet up with Chuck McGill in the BCS universe. Chuck would either get cured of his allergy to electricity and such or spontaneously combust.

Nooo.  I like Gloria, don't foist him on her. 

I agree that all of the obstacles keeping her from investigating can be tiring, but a 20 minute conversation with Emmit and the story would most probably be over.

Emmit has woken up from his Horatio Algier story into Dostoyevsky's "The Idiot."

My sympathies.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Yes, because this season is just four years after season one. 

I don't remember what happened to him in S1.  I remember almost nothing about S1 and am another viewer who didn't recognize him. 

He got injured in S1 and Malvo let him live, paid him a visit in the hospital to tell him he killed his partner and left.

• Love 2

I'm loving all the scene's mimicking the movie: Sy's dialog with Winnie about the car accident and Nikki trying to escape out the bathroom window in the motel... I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones I recognized.

Caught one bit of a tech anachronism... idiot cop was using Tinder, but that wasn't released until 2012.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm a little jealous of and befuddled by all of you who recognized Mr. Wrench. Just curious. Have you re-watched season 1? Recently?

I definitely didn't.  I was like, I'll have to go check previously.tv and see who that was. My memory is not that good.

• Love 3

Malvo gave Mr. Wrench a key to his cuffs and told him to get in touch in the future. I haven't rewatched season 1 recently, but I loved Molly's talk at the hospital with Mr. Wrench and appreciated that Fargo cast an excellent deaf actor to play a deaf character. I'm just concerned because if any show would bring back a character and kill him 30 seconds later in a bus crash, it's Fargo. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

Malvo gave Mr. Wrench a key to his cuffs and told him to get in touch in the future. I haven't rewatched season 1 recently, but I loved Molly's talk at the hospital with Mr. Wrench and appreciated that Fargo cast an excellent deaf actor to play a deaf character. I'm just concerned because if any show would bring back a character and kill him 30 seconds later in a bus crash, it's Fargo. 

Yeah, I'd prefer if Mr. Wrench offs Meemo and Yuri (leaving Varga to fend for himself) and then escapes into the night to fight another day/season.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Haiti D said:

Shouldn't the cops have sent Nikki to the hospital before taking her to jail?  She is covered in bruises and still in pain.  

PS: I love this show.

Good point.

All through this season, people here have been observing the profound lack of realism in many instances and this trend seems to be increasing all season. There seem to be more and more lapses in reality and factual error like the one you've mentioned.

I'd really like to know why. Some people have said it's poor writing and blamed the writers. It's very difficult to find much fault with that. I wonder if the show runners have been changing things as the season has progressed and that has somehow caused the writers to make changes that just don't seem to be realistic.

I've always thought that it's worth sacrificing a small amount of realism to increase the entertainment value. But enough is enough. It's just getting kind of silly.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Haiti D said:

Shouldn't the cops have sent Nikki to the hospital before taking her to jail?  She is covered in bruises and still in pain.  

It should have been the first thing they did, if only to forestall Nikki later claiming that they caused the injuries.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

All through this season, people here have been observing the profound lack of realism in many instances and this trend seems to be increasing all season. There seem to be more and more lapses in reality and factual error like the one you've mentioned.

If I wanted realism, I'd watch a documentary.  This is Fargo, so it'd be disappointing if there wasn't some kind of magical, supernatural, other-wordly stuff going on. 

And it's really not all that magical or unrealistic, what we're seeing.  People behave irrationally all the time.  Police departments don't follow their own rules.  Incompetent people are hired and promoted (and elected). 

I'm fine with Nikki not being sent to a hospital.  She's conscious, she's moving around, she's not complaining of pain. Also -- they don't care.  They think she's a murderer.

• Love 2

Also by taking Nikki to the hospital, then the writers could have had someone disguised as a Nurse carrying the poisoned syringe, rather than someone disguised as a Cop.

Furthermore, it would have been easier for Gloria to talk to Nikki if she was in a hospital bed as opposed to a jail cell.

However, even though not taking her to the ER was a lapse in logic by the writers, I still think the show is great.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Haiti D said:

Also by taking Nikki to the hospital, then the writers could have had someone disguised as a Nurse carrying the poisoned syringe, rather than someone disguised as a Cop.

If they'd done that, then I'd be complaining about the writing.  That'd really be planning ahead, for Varga & crew to have someone in disguise at a hospital.   

If she'd made it to the prison, she'd have been checked out there (probably).

22 hours ago, Haiti D said:

It should have been the first thing they did, if only to forestall Nikki later claiming that they caused the injuries.

I think a booking photo would be enough for that. No, I'd take her to a doctor to forestall a later lawsuit. Internal injuries can go bad quickly.

• Love 2

I guess since they were going to pin the murder on Nikki, and they knew their location, they could have just called the police with a tip on where to find her.  I don't know why you would do that, only to try to kill her in police custody (much harder), then hope stepping in front of a bus would do the trick.  I think a prison bus driver would have simply hit the dude...  I'm sure they are trained on how to handle a person trying to stop the bus?

Agreed on all points. Especially stopping a prison bus. The crew are continually drilled in the relevant procedures, and they are good procedures. Sadly, they get tested for real, more often than you'd think.

• Love 1
  On 6/3/2017 at 9:01 PM, Haiti D said:

Good point.

I'd really like to know why. Some people have said it's poor writing and blamed the writers. It's very difficult to find much fault with that. I wonder if the show runners have been changing things as the season has progressed and that has somehow caused the writers to make changes that just don't seem to be realistic.

I've always thought that it's worth sacrificing a small amount of realism to increase the entertainment value. But enough is enough. It's just getting kind of silly.

I think it's because the writers are showing how facts are changed and misused in parellel wit the theme of the show.

But some of these things make sense. Even transporting her with male prisoners to get her out and into protective custody because it's Christmas Eve makes sense to me.

On 6/1/2017 at 4:05 PM, ghoulina said:

I believe the Widow told him, "We're drinking sangria" and he went ahead and ordered himself an old fashioned. 

And yea, he was probably shit faced, trying to deal with killing his brother. 

She ordered rose wine

On 6/4/2017 at 3:44 PM, AuntiePam said:

If I wanted realism, I'd watch a documentary.  This is Fargo, so it'd be disappointing if there wasn't some kind of magical, supernatural, other-wordly stuff going on. 

And it's really not all that magical or unrealistic, what we're seeing.  People behave irrationally all the time.  Police departments don't follow their own rules.  Incompetent people are hired and promoted (and elected). 

I'm fine with Nikki not being sent to a hospital.  She's conscious, she's moving around, she's not complaining of pain. Also -- they don't care.  They think she's a murderer.

Thank you for the realism comment. I'm not sure why people want to pedantically nitpick the realities of a Fictional Show. Its called Suspension of Disbelief, freshman English 101. Tiresome buzzkill. 

• Love 2

I'm starting to really like Nikki. Yes, she's a murderer (plus whatever she was convicted of before) but she did absolutely the right thing: instead of blabbing and having her words used against her, she STFU and asked for a lawyer. Even though she is indeed innocent of Ray's murder, she WAS involved in other illegal matters (including leaving the state in violation of her parole, breaking & entering, damaging property* and fraud) so almost any (truthful) defence is going to involve incriminating herself of something else - and lying is probably going to make it harder to convict the REAL murderer (we know it was actually accidental, but Nikki doesn't). Claiming (untruthfully) that Ray abused her would NOT get her off the murder charge - it might earn her a reduced sentence from a judge but there was no "deal" on the table ("Plead guilty to Manslaughter and we'll drop the other charges" or whatever) so she would be an idiot to start claiming abuse without one. In fact, Moe could be in real trouble for not getting her a lawyer once she asked for one (or at least a phone call so she could contact one).

Officer Winnie is starting to show her worth (I'd forgotten she was a traffic cop - she was involved in investigating Sy's "accidental" crash at the diner) as I'm sure she didn't buy Emmet's protestations of innocence (which reminded me of this) - then again, most people probably get a bit disturbed after killing their brother and the drinks he'd had afterwards probably don't make him think any more clearly (even if he thinks they did!). I can somewhat buy the incoming Chief's position of not wanting to reopen the case - as far as he's concerned, it's solved and Gloria is just causing trouble. You'd hope he'd be more receptive to her ideas (especially as she's right!) but it's pretty believable that he'd prefer her to just shut up and do what he says.

If it came to a vote, my favourite line would be the "Join forces with your leptard brother and his syphilitic floozy so I could turn millions into thousands?" (even with the unfortunate derogatory comment).

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:05 AM, shapeshifter said:

So if the widow Goldfarb told Winnie that Emmit was there since 6pm, Mrs. Goldfarb would definitely be in cahoots with Varga, right? Or not necessarily?

The more trouble Emmitt is in, the more likely she is to pick up the company at a knock down price. OTOH, If she's in cahoots with Varga, then they probably DON'T want the cops looking into the company any harder - at least not yet.

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:51 PM, Wouldofshouldof said:

I cracked up at "Bruce Lipshitz at Green, Green, & Gruen."

Except it indicates (possibly correctly) that Emmitt isn't the he success he thinks he is - he doesn't get one of the named partners.

I am starting to get a little annoyed at Varga's seemingly infallible ability to walk through the plot untouched. I can just about buy Yuri getting the cop to back down (he was armed, the cop wasn't) but stopping the bus seemed like divine (or rather, diabolical) intervention - even if the driver didn't simply plough into him (either deliberately or accidentally!) the chances of the bus overturning were pretty poor. He could have (more reasonably, if somewhat presciently) thrown a Stinger across the road which might have had that effect. Here's hoping Mr Wrench will protect Nikki (never thought I'd be saying that in Episode 1)!

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, AzureOwl said:

The best part is that his analogy falls apart if you think about it too much. To make mashed potatoes you have to boil them first and then smash them.

Waddaya mean? You just add boiling water. Proper mashed potatoes come from a packet, only fancypants cooks make them by boiling real potatoes first!

* OK, I'm not sure exactly what you could charge someone with for writing on a picture with a used tampon, but I'm pretty sure you could be charged with something for that.

2 minutes ago, John Potts said:

* OK, I'm not sure exactly what you could charge someone with for writing on a picture with a used tampon, but I'm pretty sure you could be charged with something for that.

Vandalism.

19 minutes ago, John Potts said:

OK, I'm not sure exactly what you could charge someone with for writing on a picture with a used tampon, but I'm pretty sure you could be charged with something for that.

Breaking and entering. He'd even have her with DNA evidence. 

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, welcomerain said:

The episode spent a few minutes making the point that Gloria could not go almost anywhere at that police station. There were forms, don't'cha know. But maybe you're right, and the general holding area is less secure than the interview rooms. That would be terrible station design, but I've been to St. Cloud many times, and it may not be the most up-do-date place.

In any event, it was a very abrupt shift from the red tape "you can't see her" moment to Gloria bursting in at the exact time Nikki was in danger. 

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, festivus said:

That's what I was thinking and it took me out of the scene. Still though the guy playing Sy is the MVP of this season, he steals the show whenever he's on. I loved the music that was playing when they were putting Nikki on the bus. The music is the best part of the show for me. 

Michael Stuhlbarg is a terrific actor who was known primarily for theatrical work until the Coens cast him as the lead in A Serious Man.  Fred Melamed (Howard Zimmerman in ep. 3-3) showed up there, too.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, Ellaria Sand said:

That's a great possibility. Love the idea of Gloria "magically" disturbing modern day electronics.

This is one of the things I strongly dislike about S3. 

I'm finally catching up on this season and am finding it a slog.  My husband feels the same way, perhaps even more strongly than me.  I enjoyed S1 very much and loved S2.

• Love 1