Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Chasing Raber

Mary supports Sabrina at a custody hearing for her newborn baby; Carmela leaves Jeremiah after an explosive argument; Rebecca takes her GED test and is shocked by Abe's reaction.

Oh FFS I hate how TLC set up the hormone treatment to make it appear as though  Carmela is crazy when Jeremiah is an abusive a$$hole. Glaslighting at its finest. Mary blamingAbe's treatment of Sabrina for the fact that Sabina was late to her hearing is equally pathetic. Sabina needs to be accountable for her actions and Mary need to keep her mouth shut.

• Love 5
(edited)

Instead of cleaning Mary's barn finish the friggen work on your own house! I just....cannot...    Mary " I keep the house clean to keep Chester happy." BS Mary you are too busy drinking and gambling

jetemiah picking on Rebecca again, who cares if she doesn't invite you over and you meet in a restaurant? Jeremiah bullying his wife in the therapist office, shocker 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Instead of cleaning Mary's barn finish the friggen work on your own house! I just....cannot...

Seriously! He'd finally have time to fully focus on it, but he didn't bother.

The previews for next week made me afraid. Mary interfering in others' lives yet again, and risking Chester to go to Vegas for a sham wedding... She is a nightmare for Chester. 

And when Sabrina suggested to Mary that she get a Brazilian, I threw up a little.

• Love 2

OMG just the few comments here and I am wondering if I really want to watch it this week. Sabrina must have been on something to suggest Mary do that. Let alone blame Abe for being late. Top it off the making abuse look like its Camela being nuts.......UM FUCK NO!! I think TLC loves abusers and sick freaks. Let's make the victims of these disgusting freaks look like its always their fault. Figures.....stupid TLC assholes. So yet again Mary butts in like always, doesn't deal with her own shit, plays pity Sabrina the delusion druggie that doesn't take responsibility for her own shit, then wants to take Camela and her abusive asshole to Vegas for a sham wedding/honeymoon, Rebecca and Abe are the devils (more so her) because they don't just do what asshole wants, oh and Chester is suppose to go with to Vegas because Mary wants? Go home and be his damn wife already you selfish bitch. UGH Sorry for the language but this show just.....UGH

• Love 5

I have been trying to get up to date on this show- I think I watched maybe the first season or so and then only occasionally. 

I have to say I am finding it way more interesting now, but I do feel it is rather contrived. On the one hand I suspect the "producers" or the camera team likely make lots of suggestions and I also think the cast does some things to insure camera time and possibly to keep relevant. For example, going to Vegas just doesn't seem like something that would be in an Amish person's knowledge so why would one suggest it? This is an example of where I believe it is the crew steering an episode.

Sabrina suggesing Mary ge a Brazilian also seems a bit stagey to me but maybe that' Sabrina looking for camera time. 

And again back to reality-----------where do they get the money for these outings? Yes they get paid to be on the show, but thinking about setting up the cameras and mikes etc and so on in a salon needs a  bit more planning. Get where I am going with this?

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

I have been trying to get up to date on this show- I think I watched maybe the first season or so and then only occasionally. 

I have to say I am finding it way more interesting now, but I do feel it is rather contrived. On the one hand I suspect the "producers" or the camera team likely make lots of suggestions and I also think the cast does some things to insure camera time and possibly to keep relevant. For example, going to Vegas just doesn't seem like something that would be in an Amish person's knowledge so why would one suggest it? This is an example of where I believe it is the crew steering an episode.

Sabrina suggesing Mary ge a Brazilian also seems a bit stagey to me but maybe that' Sabrina looking for camera time. 

And again back to reality-----------where do they get the money for these outings? Yes they get paid to be on the show, but thinking about setting up the cameras and mikes etc and so on in a salon needs a  bit more planning. Get where I am going with this?

Oh it is completely staged! I am thinking the outings are on TLCs dime. I also think Rebecca is over it but needs the cash. It made me really angry when the doctor mentioned how emotionally difficult the hormone treatments will be then cut to Carmela leaving Jeremiah. Perhaps she left simply because he is a jerk? 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh it is completely staged! I am thinking the outings are on TLCs dime. I also think Rebecca is over it but needs the cash. It made me really angry when the doctor mentioned how emotionally difficult the hormone treatments will be then cut to Carmela leaving Jeremiah. Perhaps she left simply because he is a jerk? 

Rebecca and Abe need to quit this shit show. I also feel like she's over it at this point. They just need to move on with their lives. 

• Love 1

OT, but I always wonder why Rebecca has such as accent, and none of the others do? I know English is their second language, but even Mary speaks it flawlessly, as does everyone but Rebecca?

3 hours ago, mayvenne said:

And where does Sabrina get the money for that house? I know she gets paid for the show but I thought she was broke?

I am assuming she also has Legal bills?

Jerimiaha is an A-hole and should be back finishing the house and taking some time to go to therapy.

• Love 1

Does anyone know much about their language that they slip into so effortless?  I do find that rather amusing. 

Does anyone know what the status of the father's rights are with Sabrina's kids?  I missed a little in the beginning. I heard Sabrina talk about signing her rights away and that she thought that her parents would get the baby, but, she wasn't sure about Oakley.  I was curious as to whether there was a termination case against the children's father too?

I wish that when Jeremiah asked why he was not invited into Abe and Rebecca's home, she would have told him that it's RUDE to ask people that.  You wait for an invitation to a person's home and if you don't get one, keep your mouth shut. But, that's his shtick on this show.  He has to be the one who creates chaos, trouble and arguments. Carmella knows this about him. She knew it when she married him, so my sympathy for her is short.  She chose and married a man who has little, if any, insight and refuses to treat her with respect.  She really does have magical thinking, like he's going to snap his fingers and change. Honestly, I can't fathom how a thinking person ends up with someone like Jeremiah. It's bizarre, imo. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know much about their language that they slip into so effortless?

I believe it's called Pennsylvania Dutch; they're all fluent in it because it's what they spoke while growing up Amish (they learned English too, but used PD a lot).

• Love 2

Was that running water in Mary's kitchen? I didn't realize they believed in running water.  Don't you need electricity to run a pump?  I suppose they could be connected to a city water system, that does not require electricity.  

That was a pretty big snow storm when Camella arrived.  Man, how did a plane get into PA with that storm going on?  

When Jeremiah met up with Carmela in Washington and they were hashing it out, I think Carmela referenced all of Jeremiah's affairs and that he showed such disrespect to her.  Interesting that those affairs haven't been mentioned before but I totally believe it of Jeremiah.

• Love 2

Other than to be on TV, I cannot see one reason Carmela would want to be with Jeremiah. He isn't attractive, he isn't charming and he seems to always be angling for an argument. I heard the affair thing too asnf all I could think was plural, multiple women want to have an affair with him? Anyone know what happened to the second house since they were buying both properties? 

Sabrina's rights to Oakley were terminated so it doesn't matter that she wants Oakley to go to her parents. I think the best thing would be for both kids to be adopted out together and let them have a normal Sabrina free life. I don't think she means any harm but she doesn't appear capable of making rational decisions on behalf of her kids. The fact she saw no problem violating the court'a order to keep Oakley away from her dad, or whoever it was, says a lot. By the way, saying on camera that you want to have a home birth so the authorities don't find out and take your baby is all kinds of stupid. Not only will it end up on TV but the authorities already knew she was pregnant. Didn't it occur to Sabrina, that at some point, the authorities would either see the episode or wonder why she has the longest pregnancy in history? 

I think Rebecca and Abe are over it and are only in it for them money. Neither of them seem to be enjoying themselves. They don't really have a storyline other than a GED and reacting to Mary's antics. They are the only two, especially Rebecca, that have shown any type of growth. 

Mary's antics might be funny if it was one episode but it's just ridiculous now. If she loves her husband so much, why put him in a position where he might be banned? Also, if he wants to stay Amish, why does Chester allow himself to be shown on the show? How could he not know Mary bought a car? Did she save it with money she made selling Amish quilts or something? 

• Love 3

Whatever is supposedly going on with Chester, I don't believe what we're being told.  When Abe and Rebecca just happened to show up at Mary's house when she was setting up a couch for Jeremiah to sleep on, Abe said, "Kicking dad out of the bedroom?"  Then Rebecca and Mary looked at him awkwardly like he'd just let the cat out of the bag.  If Chester has to stay away from Mary lest he get shunned, that statement wouldn't be relevant.  I have long suspected that both Mary and Chester are not really Amish anymore and still live together.  It makes no sense that Mary would have another house on her own without him anyway.  Unless Chester is sneaking there when no one's looking, but that's kind of ridiculous too.

10 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

And where does Sabrina get the money for that house? I know she gets paid for the show but I thought she was broke?

I know, and given that it's such a nice house too, there's no way it's hers.  She isn't even deemed fit to raise her kids much less can she afford to have a nice home with decorative wall art up that says "Home" on them!  I have long suspected that the producer of this show is ex-Amish, maybe it was his/her home because wherever Sabrina lives must be that bad.  Or maybe she's living with someone that took her in out of pity.

8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Was that running water in Mary's kitchen? I didn't realize they believed in running water.  Don't you need electricity to run a pump?  I suppose they could be connected to a city water system, that does not require electricity. 

Mary explained on her episode that she grew up in an Amish community that allowed some electricity and running water for cooking and cleaning purposes, so she didn't have to grow up with an out house or anything like that.  It seems as though some of the customs and restrictions vary depending on the community.  Besides, she is FOS that she is still "living Amish" what with a car and doing this show!

7 hours ago, b2H said:

It is a dialect of German.  There is 'high' German and 'low' German.  The PA Dutch is a version of low German.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Dutch_English

I grew up in a family where some were fluent, but many of them are long gone now.

I just wanted to add that low German is the most similar to Dutch of the German dialects.  It is somewhere between English and German, which is why when you hear them speak on this show you can often pick out English words.  Their accents on this show when speaking it sound more Dutch than German.  Dutch is so similar to low German that the Dutch can pretty much understand German.  Also the term "Dutch" is actually derived from the word Deutsch (as in Deutschland or Germany as we know it).  This courtesy of my father, who is American but fluent in German.

• Love 3

That was waaaayyy too much Jeremiah and Carmela. He's a gaslighter, she's spent her whole life being brainwashed, and their back-and-forth drama is exhausting. 

I usually stick with shows like this but I'm getting so bored with all these people's depressing lives. At least Abe and Rebecca are trying to have stable lives and work on their marriage. Everyone else seems to be stuck at 13 (including Mary), and a whiny, stupid 13 at that. I hope Rebecca will get some effective anxiety treatment and get over her mental block about math. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Whatever is supposedly going on with Chester, I don't believe what we're being told.  When Abe and Rebecca just happened to show up at Mary's house when she was setting up a couch for Jeremiah to sleep on, Abe said, "Kicking dad out of the bedroom?"  Then Rebecca and Mary looked at him awkwardly like he'd just let the cat out of the bag.  If Chester has to stay away from Mary lest he get shunned, that statement wouldn't be relevant.  I have long suspected that both Mary and Chester are not really Amish anymore and still live together.  It makes no sense that Mary would have another house on her own without him anyway.  Unless Chester is sneaking there when no one's looking, but that's kind of ridiculous too.

I know, and given that it's such a nice house too, there's no way it's hers.  She isn't even deemed fit to raise her kids much less can she afford to have a nice home with decorative wall art up that says "Home" on them!  I have long suspected that the producer of this show is ex-Amish, maybe it was his/her home because wherever Sabrina lives must be that bad.  Or maybe she's living with someone that took her in out of pity.

Mary explained on her episode that she grew up in an Amish community that allowed some electricity and running water for cooking and cleaning purposes, so she didn't have to grow up with an out house or anything like that.  It seems as though some of the customs and restrictions vary depending on the community.  Besides, she is FOS that she is still "living Amish" what with a car and doing this show!

Agree I have questioned what the deal with Chester really is too. It gives some story to them and a little extra dough if he is on so why not but yet I am doubting as well that they both live Amish....oh hell we know she doesn't and its all a fraud. 

I was wondering about Sabrina's living arrangements as well. Wouldn't be surprised if the show got it for her to film in and if its a "friend" its one that is similar to her lifestyle or took pity still on her. Yet she is going to run out of those taking pity on her at this point. I know its said her sister in law has the 2 kids but IMO they should have gone to non family because they do not need to have the drama Sabrina will bring when she is on a bender and just shows up. I will bet it happens one day sadly.

13 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

That was waaaayyy too much Jeremiah and Carmela. He's a gaslighter, she's spent her whole life being brainwashed, and their back-and-forth drama is exhausting. 

I usually stick with shows like this but I'm getting so bored with all these people's depressing lives. At least Abe and Rebecca are trying to have stable lives and work on their marriage. Everyone else seems to be stuck at 13 (including Mary), and a whiny, stupid 13 at that. I hope Rebecca will get some effective anxiety treatment and get over her mental block about math. 

I haven't watched still since I have to wait for it to show up on demand but the fact of how this went down just pisses me off. I seriously wish Abe and Rebecca would just be done. Its beyond obvious neither wants to do it and I will bet a big part of it is because of Sabrina's issues and Jeremiah's as well. They seem to want to raise their girls in a good home without the crap. Good for them. Shame on those that rag on them and think they are the issues...while not seeing its Sabrina and Jeremiah. 

• Love 2

It appears that none of the main characters like each other now, except everyone still likes Mary. None of them are friends in real life, it's just for the show.

• Love 1

I can't stand Mary! On the previews, she's whining that she never gets to have fun! When is it my turn to have fun! Shut up and grow up, lady. Didn't she just drive down to Florida in her TransAm that she hiding from her husband to have plenty of fun in the sun, drinking, boating, and dancing? She takes the time to support Sabrina and she has a big soft spot for Jeremiah but what about her own children and her husband? They don't seem to matter. 

Why is Jeremiah always back in PA when he is supposed to be living the dream in Florida and working his ass off on finishing the house? That makes no sense. TLC, either he lives in PA or he lives in FL. Can't have both. Make up your minds what you want Jeremiah and Carmela's storyline to be.  

• Love 2

I just wanted to add that low German is the most similar to Dutch of the German dialects.  It is somewhere between English and German, which is why when you hear them speak on this show you can often pick out English words.  Their accents on this show when speaking it sound more Dutch than German.  Dutch is so similar to low German that the Dutch can pretty much understand German.  Also the term "Dutch" is actually derived from the word Deutsch (as in Deutschland or Germany as we know it).  This courtesy of my father, who is American but fluent in German.

I speak German and can barely understand them. A Dutch friend says it has been muddled throughout the years and now is more Amish than anything.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, CarolMK said:

It appears that none of the main characters like each other now, except everyone still likes Mary. None of them are friends in real life, it's just for the show.

And who knows how much they really like Mary at this point. 

Ok, forgive my ignorance or if this has already been discussed. I have spent way too much time trying to figure out what Jeremiah's stupid hat says. Fapber?? Is that wrong? If not, what the heck does that mean? It's driving me nuts, so if someone can help me out, you could put my mind at peace!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

And who knows how much they really like Mary at this point. 

I think at this point even Abe is sick of her following them around. Why doesn't she go get her wayward daughter who ran away with a boyfriend, oh wait , then she wouldn't be on TV. She was so concerned about Abe marrying Rebecca yet does not seem to care what Esther is up to.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I speak German and can barely understand them. A Dutch friend says it has been muddled throughout the years and now is more Amish than anything.

I also speak German and can understand some Dutch--I get the "gist" at times. Given the people have their own little communities, it has its own nuances and it's normal for languages to go through these changes (linguistics was part of my college education). Kind of like Yiddish--Yiddish is hard for me to understand and I know both Hebrew and German. Kinda sounds like Gerbrew. Or He-man. Lol.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

I thought it said Raber in an odd script.

Its probably his stupid clothing/hats he tries to sell. 

2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I think at this point even Abe is sick of her following them around. Why doesn't she go get her wayward daughter who ran away with a boyfriend, oh wait , then she wouldn't be on TV. She was so concerned about Abe marrying Rebecca yet does not seem to care what Esther is up to.

I can imagine they are over her as well. Agree why is she never concerned with her other kids? We all know everything she does is for the attention she gets but go take care of the husband and other kids. Spread around her butting in to other's lives to them as well. LOL Of course how many have nothing to with her at this point because of her childish behaviors, is another question to ask? 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

That's the most logical conclusion but it has at least one letter that goes below the baseline -- maybe a p or f? It drives me nuts, too!

That's what I would assume too if not for that wayward extra letter! Damn you Jeremiah!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe because they don't want to appear on the show.

She has said in the past some are strictly Amish so of course they wouldn't. Which in turn may be they don't even talk to her, Abe, Andrew, Katie Ann and now Esther. Who knows. Yet I don't blame them if they wanted nothing to do with this shitfest either. Especially if they ever heard what went on or got a glimpse of it all. 

7 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

She has said in the past some are strictly Amish so of course they wouldn't. Which in turn may be they don't even talk to her, Abe, Andrew, Katie Ann and now Esther. Who knows. Yet I don't blame them if they wanted nothing to do with this shitfest either. Especially if they ever heard what went on or got a glimpse of it all. 

I'm sure they all know what her deal is & are probably not too happy with her. Given she runs around in Amish garb acting ridiculous, says she's shunned but probably left long ago herself. I can't believe Chester is actually married to her & still Amish - he actually appears now & then unlike some of her kids.

On 5/29/2017 at 9:23 AM, winsomeone said:

I know English is their second language, but even Mary speaks it flawlessly, as does everyone but Rebecca?

I don't know that I'd say "flawlessly".  There are more grammar errors in their speech than there are horse turds on the roads of Lancaster County.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, DeeReynolds said:

17 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

That's the most logical conclusion but it has at least one letter that goes below the baseline -- maybe a p or f? It drives me nuts, too!

That's what I would assume too if not for that wayward extra letter! Damn you Jeremiah!

I thought it said "Jaber", like some idiotic contraction of his first and last names.  Like A-Rod, or J-Lo or the like.  You know, because he's just that famous a "donutier".

• Love 2
On 5/29/2017 at 10:09 AM, booboopbedoo said:

According to a few of the posters on the 19 Kids and Counting board, TLC pays for a lot of the trips and anything associated with houses (if the trips and houses will be part of filming the series).  And I think Sabrina's current house is part of the set that she is allowed to live in.  It's totally not her style...it's decorated in a way that I do not believe suits her personality.  It looks very country with all the happy little kitschy signs and the style of the furniture and appliances.  And she is more rock-and-roll in her choice of clothing and hair color/style.  

I think Sabrina was basically homeless and TLC created this living space for the sole purpose of filming her spots.  The same went for the Duggars on 19 Kids and Counting.  TLC swooped in at the last minute to finish their house before they would not be homeless (bad for the show, IMHO).  And I think they did the same for Sabrina.  I don't know what kind of agreement the Duggars have with TLC in regards to finishing their house and their ability to remain in it after the show is over, but I assume that they (and Sabrina) both have one.  

• Love 2
On 5/29/2017 at 8:24 PM, MakingBacon said:

Other than to be on TV, I cannot see one reason Carmela would want to be with Jeremiah. He isn't attractive, he isn't charming and he seems to always be angling for an argument. I heard the affair thing too asnf all I could think was plural, multiple women want to have an affair with him? Anyone know what happened to the second house since they were buying both properties? 

Sabrina's rights to Oakley were terminated so it doesn't matter that she wants Oakley to go to her parents. I think the best thing would be for both kids to be adopted out together and let them have a normal Sabrina free life. I don't think she means any harm but she doesn't appear capable of making rational decisions on behalf of her kids. The fact she saw no problem violating the court'a order to keep Oakley away from her dad, or whoever it was, says a lot. By the way, saying on camera that you want to have a home birth so the authorities don't find out and take your baby is all kinds of stupid. Not only will it end up on TV but the authorities already knew she was pregnant. Didn't it occur to Sabrina, that at some point, the authorities would either see the episode or wonder why she has the longest pregnancy in history? 

I think Rebecca and Abe are over it and are only in it for them money. Neither of them seem to be enjoying themselves. They don't really have a storyline other than a GED and reacting to Mary's antics. They are the only two, especially Rebecca, that have shown any type of growth. 

Mary's antics might be funny if it was one episode but it's just ridiculous now. If she loves her husband so much, why put him in a position where he might be banned? Also, if he wants to stay Amish, why does Chester allow himself to be shown on the show? How could he not know Mary bought a car? Did she save it with money she made selling Amish quilts or something? 

I don't believe Sabrina fully understood the court order.  Her ex-husband was visiting her and a friend.  Sabrina's lawyer failed her by not explaining that "court ordered supervised visits" means it has to be a person approved by the judge.  You have to remember how little education these people have had growing up.  

As far as Rebecca, did anyone catch the fact that she lied to Abe?  She said she "failed".  She didn't tell him she couldn't handle it and ran out of the test.  I wish they would drop her.  As a person who suffers severe anxiety and panic attacks, her's are total BS.  Panic attacks are so bad you can't breathe, let alone cry.  It drives me crazy.  She needs to be put on medication.

Mary is "shunned", not "banned".  And since she is shunned she's decided to have some fun and visit her "English" kids.  If you are full Amish, you are not allowed to see your children if they leave the Amish.  I think that's why Chester puts up with her seeing them and the kids coming to their house.  He doesn't like the idea of not seeing his children as well.  

There is a lot of complaining on this board, if it drives you so insane......why watch?  I stopped watching Sister Wives a few years ago because Kody is such a d-bag and the other wives just bitched and moaned.

Someone asked why the father of both of Sabrina's kids are not allowed to see them.  He apparently beat her up pretty badly at some point.  I do think it is the "Amish" way for men.  (Not excusing it.)  They were raised to control their wives and children with a heavy hand.  That is why the communities do not like outsiders.  And sadly, the authorities look the other way.........

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/30/2017 at 5:01 PM, DeeReynolds said:

Ok, forgive my ignorance or if this has already been discussed. I have spent way too much time trying to figure out what Jeremiah's stupid hat says. Fapber?? Is that wrong? If not, what the heck does that mean? It's driving me nuts, so if someone can help me out, you could put my mind at peace!

AHA!  I found the answer to this question!  It says "Jayber" which is the name he uses for his clothing line.  

@Evil Queen, you were right.

http://usa.jeremiahraber.com/

Here's an example of it from the site:

IMG_6666.JPG

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

AHA!  I found the answer to this question!  It says "Jayber" which is the name he uses for his clothing line.  

http://usa.jeremiahraber.com/

Here's an example of it from the site:

IMG_6666.JPG

Good detective work! That puts my mind at ease lol. Also, no idea he has a clothing line...

5 hours ago, beesmommie3 said:

I don't believe Sabrina fully understood the court order.  Her ex-husband was visiting her and a friend.  Sabrina's lawyer failed her by not explaining that "court ordered supervised visits" means it has to be a person approved by the judge.  You have to remember how little education these people have had growing up.  

As far as Rebecca, did anyone catch the fact that she lied to Abe?  She said she "failed".  She didn't tell him she couldn't handle it and ran out of the test.  I wish they would drop her.  As a person who suffers severe anxiety and panic attacks, her's are total BS.  Panic attacks are so bad you can't breathe, let alone cry.  It drives me crazy.  She needs to be put on medication.

Mary is "shunned", not "banned".  And since she is shunned she's decided to have some fun and visit her "English" kids.  If you are full Amish, you are not allowed to see your children if they leave the Amish.  I think that's why Chester puts up with her seeing them and the kids coming to their house.  He doesn't like the idea of not seeing his children as well.  

There is a lot of complaining on this board, if it drives you so insane......why watch?  I stopped watching Sister Wives a few years ago because Kody is such a d-bag and the other wives just bitched and moaned.

Someone asked why the father of both of Sabrina's kids are not allowed to see them.  He apparently beat her up pretty badly at some point.  I do think it is the "Amish" way for men.  (Not excusing it.)  They were raised to control their wives and children with a heavy hand.  That is why the communities do not like outsiders.  And sadly, the authorities look the other way.........

Sabrina had a responsibility to understand. She hears and does what she wants. She also was most likely high.

Not all panic attacks are the same. I can and do cry. And Rebecca did fail whether  she didn't pass or she failed to finish. She wasn't anywhere near ready for that test.

Mary is no more Amish than my dog. How many times now has she been shunned?  This is at least the second. She's a fame whore   plain  and simple.

IIn the same vein, if you don't like the snark here why read it?

Sabrina is not now  nor has she ever been Amish. She is Mennonite. They are pacifists. I sincerely doubt she was raised with family violence .

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

Sabrina had a responsibility to understand. She hears and does what she wants. She also was most likely high.

Not all panic attacks are the same. I can and do cry. And Rebecca did fail whether  she didn't pass or she failed to finish. She wasn't anywhere near ready for that test.

Mary is no more Amish than my dog. How many times now has she been shunned?  This is at least the second. She's a fame whore   plain  and simple.

IIn the same vein, if you don't like the snark here why read it?

Sabrina is not now  nor has she ever been Amish. She is Mennonite. They are pacifists. I sincerely doubt she was raised with family violence .

Agree with everything you said! Sorry but Sabrina has been out in the "English" world along with the rest of them longer than this show wants people to think. As well this was NOT her first "reality" show either. The problem is to many still look at this show as if they just left being Amish or Mennonite and that is FAR from the truth. As Willowsmom and many of us have said before about Sabrina, she does not except responsibility for anything and does what she wants instead of what she should be to stay out of trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if she was getting high in that car with the ex and the friend. Which how many stories did she give on that whole incident as well instead of the truth...you know the truth that caused her to lose her rights as a parent to Oakley and the baby. I haven't been able to watch this episode yet since its not on my demand but if she is "claiming" she didn't understand (yet again) its the typical Sabrina act. Blame everyone else for what happens in her life. I wouldn't buy it because a court would explain EXACTLY how it would work with the court appointed supervised visits and what would happen if its not followed considering the circumstances. She has also lied about her Mennonite parents too. She is giving stories that fit what she wants at the time then changing it around late to be something else. Remember these people took her ass back in after she lost Oakley the first time. If they were so terrible then why would she try to see if a court would let her sign rights of the kids to them? She needs to learn to get her lies straight if she is only going to ever tell us lies. 

Agree panic attacks are different for everyone. I had one really similar to the one Rebecca had on the show. I don't think everyone needs medication either for it but can learn what works for them in being able to handle those trigger to cause them to come on. While some might need medication. If you think she should be dropped because of this and not "handling" a GED test than shouldn't Sabrina be dropped for having been a terrible parent who is on drugs...or Jeremiah be dropped for being an abusive asshole? I still think the whole GED thing is producer scripted because they don't have much else to do for a story for Rebecca and Abe considering they want no contact with Sabrina and probably wish they didn't have it with Jeremiah as well. Which I don't blame them. Only reason I hope Rebecca and Abe leave this show is because they are over the bs and having to deal with people they want out of their lives. If Kate can get out for those reasons and some, they can do it too. #FreeAbeAndRebecca

Yep, I don't believe Mary is Amish at all. I doubt she has been for a VERY long time. I second that she is a fame whore and nothing more. 

I also second that if someone doesn't like the snark they probably shouldn't read if they can't handle it or differing opinions. I know I have had times I don't like or agree with what I read but I would never tell people to stop watching or anything else just because our opinions are different. I would bet most of us have been watching since the show started and just see through the bs crap that some still don't. So we call the show and people out for it. 

7 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I didn't want to be right. LOL Sadly I remembered it mentioned a while back somewhere else. I just wondered who buys this crap. 

I haven't watched every minute carefully. Did they ever say how Jeremiah is paying for fertility treatments? It is so such an expensive process. I still do not understand why they were trying at a time when they barley have a roof over their heads and were married such a short time. It was not like they were 40+ or been dating for 5 years before marriage and had planned and saved for years for IVF.

On 5/30/2017 at 11:04 AM, booboopbedoo said:

Or perhaps more like "Ger-mish", LOL.  My father said it's kind of a patois, not a language, per sé.

• Love 1

Jeremiah just happens to show up at Mary's place and she is soooo surprised to see him... uh-huh... Let's not forget the 1/2 hour the camera crew needs to set up their gear to get the shot of her being 'soooo surprised.' And of course she invites him inside and there is another camera crew inside to film him walking in to take off his jacket and eat those eggs. What BS, does TLC think we are that stupid ?

'Hey ! The cult lady left me !' Lets hop on a plane to go see her for 5 minutes and then hop back on another plane to go back and whine to Mary some more. That had to cost some serious coin to just get a ticket and fly around the country like that. And at one point the idiot, Jayber, says how him and cult lady sunk all the donut money into the property in Florida. Yet a plane trip is OK and she seems to be driving a brand new Nissan. And while we are on the Florida property, she claims that he spends all his time fixing it up instead of paying her any attention. First of all, I have watched the show and never have seen him do anything on the house, except move some brush around in the swamp property. Second, why would the cult lady be mad he wants to fix up the trailer and so on?...

And the cult crazy lady says goodbye with a phone message to the producers and then leaves with her boys, where did they come from? First time I've seen the boys in Florida. Where were they when they went to Sarasota, and fixing the house ? Anyway, she leaves with a voicemail to the producers, and then next thing we see is her talking to a camera crew in the car with the boys sitting asleep in the backseat. When did the camera crew catch up with her, I thought she wanted to be alone. 

Sabrina is a wreck, or a terrible actor, or both...

This show is a joke, no one seems to work and all they do is whine and cry about their awful lives which, BTW, they seem to have brought on themselves anyhow.

Rebecca can't handle her GED, well I guess the big dentist dream is out the window. She is what is portrayed on the show - backwoods, uneducated, trailer trash breeding ground for more of the same... God, please help America !

19 hours ago, realityobserver said:

Jeremiah just happens to show up at Mary's place and she is soooo surprised to see him... uh-huh... Let's not forget the 1/2 hour the camera crew needs to set up their gear to get the shot of her being 'soooo surprised.' And of course she invites him inside and there is another camera crew inside to film him walking in to take off his jacket and eat those eggs. What BS, does TLC think we are that stupid ?

'Hey ! The cult lady left me !' Lets hop on a plane to go see her for 5 minutes and then hop back on another plane to go back and whine to Mary some more. That had to cost some serious coin to just get a ticket and fly around the country like that. And at one point the idiot, Jayber, says how him and cult lady sunk all the donut money into the property in Florida. Yet a plane trip is OK and she seems to be driving a brand new Nissan. And while we are on the Florida property, she claims that he spends all his time fixing it up instead of paying her any attention. First of all, I have watched the show and never have seen him do anything on the house, except move some brush around in the swamp property. Second, why would the cult lady be mad he wants to fix up the trailer and so on?...

And the cult crazy lady says goodbye with a phone message to the producers and then leaves with her boys, where did they come from? First time I've seen the boys in Florida. Where were they when they went to Sarasota, and fixing the house ? Anyway, she leaves with a voicemail to the producers, and then next thing we see is her talking to a camera crew in the car with the boys sitting asleep in the backseat. When did the camera crew catch up with her, I thought she wanted to be alone. 

Sabrina is a wreck, or a terrible actor, or both...

This show is a joke, no one seems to work and all they do is whine and cry about their awful lives which, BTW, they seem to have brought on themselves anyhow.

Rebecca can't handle her GED, well I guess the big dentist dream is out the window. She is what is portrayed on the show - backwoods, uneducated, trailer trash breeding ground for more of the same... God, please help America !

I suspect she's just overwhelmed and maybe needs a different angle on learning. Some people learn differently--I was one of them and had to figure this out on my own, which was hard when everyone assumed I was stupid. I went from mediocre grade school/HS student to Dean's List student in college. 

I'd like to see her make it and leave this shit show behind like Kate did. 

• Love 2
On 6/1/2017 at 0:05 PM, beesmommie3 said:

Respectfully, I disagree. She knew. She plays dumb when the script calls for it, but she brought her baby into the presence of the ex and a friend getting high. Even if she didn't get high herself, she definitely knew better. Court orders are driven in quite clearly and explained in detail. Remember, she already lost Oakley once, and had to take a bunch of classes and jump through a lot of repentance hoops just to get her back the first time. For the sake of the baby, they sat her down and explained in explicit detail what she can and cannot do to be allowed the privilege of having Oakley back. She is just an ass who cries victim when she let her daughter be around drugs and they said no way can you get away with doing it again. She was just arrested again for drugs quite recently.

On 6/1/2017 at 0:05 PM, beesmommie3 said:

Someone asked why the father of both of Sabrina's kids are not allowed to see them.  He apparently beat her up pretty badly at some point.  I do think it is the "Amish" way for men.  (Not excusing it.)  They were raised to control their wives and children with a heavy hand.  That is why the communities do not like outsiders.  And sadly, the authorities look the other way...

That is not the Amish way that I have ever heard of, and she was never Amish anyway. The father of her children was completely English. A typical drug addicted D-bag who was as immature as she is. 

Her children have a chance at a good life now. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I went from mediocre grade school/HS student to Dean's List student in college. 

Good for you !! And I truly mean it...  I went from mediocre to mediocre yet still managed to work hard, save money, and then retire early in life and am now comfortable with no bills to pay....

Still does not explain away the god awful decisions these idiots make, and the inexscusable lack of education, and the lack of integrity to get educated that is portrayed by these mindless baboons on this show. All 'Becca did the whole time she went to her 'classes' was complain how stupid it all was, she mentioned several times that she (and I guess anyone else) didn't need to know all these meaningless tidbits of knowledge. IMO she did not really even try, just did what the script called for, to make her look like a backwoods rube without any endearing qualities. 

Let's face it, passing a GED is not all that hard....