Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Week 2: Celebrity Guests

• Start Topic

THE BACHELORETTE SHOULD NOT BE AN EPISODE OF JERRY SPRINGER

This episode shows why I would not let my daughter go on this show!   It was an entertaining episdoe with lots of natural romance blooming and then the producers SOILED it by letting that lady come on show and putting Rachael in a terrible position.  That is Garbage Drama as in TRASH, and most of us really don't want it.   It is like eating junk food ... it makes you fill sick afterwords.

This was not Rachael's issue to deal with.   If the producers made a mistake letting D. on the show, they should have taken him off and not asked Rachael to do the dirty work.   Also you really have no right to expose that man's dirty laundry on national TV.  

I love Rachael and I enjoy good natural romantic drama.   But I hate these stunts that the producers pull.   It degrades the quality of the true entertainment which is people falling in love.

STOP STOP STOP with the trashy drama.   As Rachael says, Keep It Real!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, catrice2 said:

How do I make a spoiler about him? 

1. Either copy/paste or type what you want to say
  2. Then drag your mouse over your statement to highlight statement
  3. Then click on the eyeball
Spoiler

Testing, I really want to know your spoiler!!!

• Love 3
(edited)

The ex girlfriend story line will never stop. How many times have we already seen it? (too many!) And neither will all the "drama". What would they put in previews without it, LOL!

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, NvrMissedASeason said:

THE BACHELORETTE SHOULD NOT BE AN EPISODE OF JERRY SPRINGER

This episode shows why I would not let my daughter go on this show!   It was an entertaining episdoe with lots of natural romance blooming and then the producers SOILED it by letting that lady come on show and putting Rachael in a terrible position.  That is Garbage Drama as in TRASH, and most of us really don't want it.   It is like eating junk food ... it makes you fill sick afterwords.

This was not Rachael's issue to deal with.   If the producers made a mistake letting D. on the show, they should have taken him off and not asked Rachael to do the dirty work.   Also you really have no right to expose that man's dirty laundry on national TV.  

I love Rachael and I enjoy good natural romantic drama.   But I hate these stunts that the producers pull.   It degrades the quality of the true entertainment which is people falling in love.

STOP STOP STOP with the trashy drama.   As Rachael says, Keep It Real!

You, sir or madam, are apparently not a Wrong Reasons watcher. She only needs one "love story." Well, maybe three: her pick, her back-up, and the broken-hearted Bachelor spin-off. The rest of them can be as trashy and dramatic as they can possibly cast. Well, okay, not all of them--that would be too much. But it's trope at to have at least these Wrong Reasons characters: a secret girlfriend, an aspiring musician/actor, there to plug his business, and there for the spin-off lead--oh, and don't forget the "Not here to make friends" guy/gal and its counterpart, the Wrong Reasons tattletale. You have to go way, way, way back to before they had to compete with the drama of the VH-1 "___ of Love" shows to escape the Wrong Reasons characters, but even right off the bat they had fighting drama amongst the contestants. I don't think they cast DeMario because he had a girlfriend, but absolutely if a girlfriend contacts the show, they are flying her out to paint him with a scarlet A on national television. Hell, if they don't, then Us Weekly or People or some other trashy mag would just sell the girl's story, so they might as well get first crack at the scoop. But, yes, no one's daughter (or son) should go on this--or any other--reality show*. That's just bad parenting because then people like me will just tear that person apart online.

*Exception: If you're baking cupcakes on Food Network or renovating a home on HGTV, you're fine. Other "feel good" competition shows are also okay. But if the focus of the show is the interpersonal relationships amongst the cast (any dating/marriage/"friendship" show, everything on Bravo, E!, etc.), do not sign the contract!!

Edited by JenE4
Exceptions
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 5/29/2017 at 7:49 PM, slade3 said:

I've never watched The Bachelor or The Bachelorette (however, I did watch the first 2 seasons of UnReal); I decided to tune in this season because of the significance of the bachelorette they've chosen. I mean, 13 seasons and she's the first bachelorette of color?

I agree some of the DeMario stuff seemed staged. The girlfriend originally said DeMario was with her 3 days before she saw him on TV. When DeMario came out, she said she had seen him weeks before she saw him on TV. But how would either scenario be possible? Aren't we all seeing the show for the first time? And we know it's all been taped since Rachel keeps telling the media she made a choice. So DeMario's girlfriend must have been told about DeMario being on the show, right? Unless she meant she saw him in a commercial or clip? Does anyone know when this show was filmed?

My favorites are Peter and Kenny. 

I think Dean is sweet. I was embarrassed for him when I saw the clip of him saying he planned to go Black and never come back, and it's clear he's still embarrassed about saying it. I think he wanted Rachel to stop bringing it up until he realized she was putting a positive spin on it. He also seemed surprised that she gave him the rose.

I'm still sorry she sent Blake K home. What a lovely man. I wonder if he was too reserved/quiet and producers told her to nix him. He didn't appear to say much last episode, but seemed really sad about going home.

Being my first time watching, I thought Rachel kissed too many of them. Do all the bachelorette kiss that many guys in one episode?

I was going to respond to answer your question but I now see some other people beat me to it.

Edited by piccadilly83
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Kenny- the daughter talk is not taking you where you want it to go.

Yes, this.  I really like Kenny, but that's not the first thing that should come out of your mouth when you're getting to know a woman.  Rachel already knew he had a daughter, so he could have gone into more detail later on, after they had gotten more comfortable with each other.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I think the spoiler @catrice2 was talking about is 

Spoiler

the fact that Bryan has previously dated Jubilee.

Correct me if I'm wrong though! (Spoiler-phobes, don't worry - it doesn't have anything to do with his placement on the show.)

Edited by dom16
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Ha. And I'm going to split the difference in that I wouldn't put Ashton as an A-lister, despite his success, but I would put Mila there given her roles in some successful and some critically recognized films.

Totally get it.  I think you might have the more accurate take.  But I guess I feel like a couple like this is usually bigger than the sum of its parts.... a la Gwyneth/Brad, Brad/Jen, Ben/J.Lo.  Obviously they are not at 'that level' but a couple like that I think always becomes a bit more known or has a little more 'specialness' than the two of them would have on their own.  It's probably working more for Mila than it is for Ashton who is definitely taking a more background kind of role to her now.  It's like he got less famous and she got more.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Watching for snark.   The Flash is over  for the season and Iron Fist was painful!  She could have legitimately cut 15 or 16 men in the first night. 

What was with the singing from Alex?  He certainly gets my vote for "vacant."  He has been resting on pretty for too long.  The man bun is a no go. 

Yes,   in addition to,  "gonna", " gone get"  and not being able to say trophy, Eric says "wif"instead of with .  If I were not already repulsed by him that would be the deal breaker.  A little disappointed he was in so many previews, but I summed  him  up from his picture.   

I think Peter has a speech impediment.  Some people say bland and slow, but I think that is part of his issue. I am going to ask my SLP friend what it is.....there is a reason why he hesitates when he is trying to get some words out. Wouldn't be surprised if he stuttered as a child.  I am sure he is glad that he is a former model so he did not have to buy clothing for the show. Clearly he learned, "What, and absolutely," just as Rachel has learned "exceeded expectations," and keeping it real or 100....which I thought no one said anymore. 

Rachel's hair and earrings were all wrong for the dress at the rose ceremony.  What is with these wraps?  First outfit I did not like.  I am not cooking at a grill in my over $400 dress......I know because I looked it up.  That is the best her hair has looked.  With this show's budget they could not invest in a non transferable lipstick?  Kat Von D liquid lip and a few others would have done a better job. No wonder they are sticking to neutrals. 

Kenny- the daughter talk is not taking you where you want it to go...and FYI, some of the black guys are "bugging" too. You are 35.  Dope should be out of your vocabulary.  I can only speak for myself, but being called DOPE is not a compliment. 

Don't know why Fred does not have a complex...or maybe he can get Rachel's therapist information...he will need it for the number of times she has called him "bad." 

Anthony and Jack creep me out for different reasons.  Adam and Bryce are right up there with them.  Lee's hair and Bryce's face are the stuff of nightmares.  

I think Jamey is afraid of Rachel.  He thinks she has the cooties.  I am not sure he knew who Kareem was. .

I am concerned about all the drinking on this show....and we are surprised when a former contestant/lead gets popped for DUI?  Not really. 

Lucas is on uppers and downers.  Casting really thought Lee wanted to have a relationship with Rachel?  These type of plants, like the fake Demario situation, is why I can't get into these shows.  Add the Lucas Blake drama and it is sad that they cast these people for drama. 

Diggy and Iggy need to go and take Jonathan with them.  Clearly Rachel likes kissing, but if she kisses Jonathan or Bryce on camera, I'm done.

Who thumb wrestles when you are past 8? Can they not afford air in that establisment? Iggy's sweat was concerning, as were the gold chains.  What real professional woman wants a man with tons of SHOES when you are talking about growing, marrying and having a family?  And really, I learned that he got "diggy" from you like my digs?  I can't stand people who go by a nickname, especially grown people who are about to have children. 

Wasn't an Ashton fan, and after seeing him on this show still not a fan. 

Dean- I don't know if I can kiss her, but I can keep my hand on her knee. 

Josiah's smile is also becoming creepy to me and a lot of the charm seems calculated.  He flat out talks too much.   

Maybe Peter seems so quiet because the rest of these guys are so loud.  He may not be as funny as some, but he did get in the line about most guys liking it when you touch them. I think people forget we don't see every conversation they have all day. Maybe he is just a good listener. 

Bryan- we get you are "good with your hands." I would hope so if you are giving adjustments.  Who wants to lie down inn a dress to get one?  I hope he uses good breath mints. 

Brady trying to look like he cares when Diggy is talking about Demario is everything. 

God I am old. What does it mean to "wife" somebody?  What is an ITM? 

I can't get over how much I used to like Chris Harrison on HGTV.  Who is this guy?   

There are so many good points here the total post made my rose colored romance glasses fall right off.  That's great, because I like watching while wearing my deep purple spectacles of snark  even better.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, backformore said:

Conversation after the "Husband Material"  race:

Producers:  Ok, you and the winner are going to have a one-on-one dinner date now.

Rachel:  But -  Lucas won!  Couldn't you disqualify him?  He drowned the baby and hit someone.

Producers:  Ashton and Mila were in charge of that, we can't go back on their decision.  You and Lucas are going to dinner.

Rachel:  But, what if he does that Waa-boom thing?  I don't think I can stand it.  and if he tries to KISS me after I've seen his mouth do that weird thing, I swear I'll puke. 

Producers:  You have to.  He won.

Rachel:  I wanted him gone the second he stepped out of the limo.  You said I had to keep him, you promised me he wouldn't get a one-on-one date, only group dates, and I'd never have to be alone with him.  You promised!

Producers: but the winner of a competition always gets a date!  what's the point of a contest if they don't win time with you?

Rachel:  I swear to god, if you make me go on a date with him, I will say I'm still in love with Nick Viall and refuse to give out any roses!

Producers:  fine!  you win! you only have to sit and talk with Lucas, no dinner.

Rachel:  Ok, I'll give him 5 minutes.  But no touching, NO kissing, and no waa-booming.

Producers.  It's WHAAAA- BOOOM!

Rachel: I never should have signed up for this.

Awesome, lol.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I don't think they cast DeMario because he had a girlfriend, but absolutely if a girlfriend contacts the show, they are flying her out to paint him with a scarlet A on national television. Hell, if they don't, then Us Weekly or People or some other trashy mag would just sell the girl's story, so they might as well get first crack at the scoop. B

Excellent point!

I can't stand all the noisy kisses.  Yuck!

• Love 6
(edited)
Just now, jumper sage said:

I can't stand all the noisy kisses.  Yuck!

I saw a comment somewhere online where the person thought Rachel herself may just be a bad kisser. Because they mentioned how they noticed a sort of noisy awkwardness during her kissing scenes with Nick but then at the time thought maybe it was him, even if it mostly just seemed to happen with her.

However, now with it happening so much on her own season, the problem must be her. I honestly haven't really noticed it to be honest. The only kissing scenes that have bothered me is her and Bryan and that's just because so aggressively goes all in right from the start. It's just too much tongue too fast for me. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

Whether Ashton and Mila are As or Bs doesn't matter to me. What did strike me was this show had two entertainers on whom I had actually heard of and could recognize, unlike the countless musicians I've never heard of before ... or since. So there's that. And then Kareem! I've heard of him, too, and can recognize him! So yeah, this season has picked it up IMO. And when Kareem came out and the guys starting jumping up and down, squealing like a bunch of little girls, I started cracking up. I hate with the women do that, it's so junior high, so when the boys did the same, I found that profoundly funny. I'm also hoping AJ sticks around. He's hilarious showing up in the background, and I loved his TH in French: "She thinks I'm disgusting." And a while back, someone asked: it's boy/girl, man/woman, guy/gal.

I think those gross kissing noises are added by editing monkeys. JMHO!

• Love 8
(edited)

I loved Ashton saying, Rachael's husband Is not in this group.  They must have been a little disappointed being assigned to this lame challenge. 

I agree that Rachael's tears were about production setting that up.  Her refusing to talk to CH confirmed it.  This was reality gold and they were not going to let this one slide by, clearly.  I don't think they knew during casting that this would happen.  

I like Peter's reserve.  He looking to see is she is a good fit for him rather than going for the win, no matter what. Leave them wanting more is the way to go. 

ETA.  The mics are too sensitive thus the noisy kisses, I don't think the kissers are at fault.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11

As for Lexi being cray cray, I've been way more than cray cray, I've bordered on (and maybe passed into) insanity territory when I've confronted a cheating spouse/partner. I cut her some slack, and give her credit for not going completely ballistic. She should be glad, however, that she discovered DeMario's cheating now and not later. Small favors I guess.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, chocolatine said:

JoJo mentioned it a couple of times, both on Ben's season and on her own. Sounds like typical self-help BS to me.

If by "a couple," you mean "more or less constantly." If I forget everything else about either season, I will forever know that JoJo's love language is words of affirmation.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:51 PM, backformore said:

Yes, and the worst part is that guys were eliminated for not doing it right at the beginning, but Lucas ended up with his baby's head in the sink water, and then hit Kenny, who was carrying a baby, knocking the baby out of the carrier.  If the premise was keeping the baby safe while dong these other chores, he screwed it up. 

Actually guys were eliminated at each step because items were reduced. Notice there were only two bouquets of flowers. The babies were put in the high chair at the table so there wasn't to be a baby when they grabbed the flowers.  

Edited by BaileyMae

Y'all.  I'm still reeling from (but also loving) that Mila totally said Ashton was getting a BJ later.  What?!!?!!! Totally cracked me up.  Neither of them seem remotely Hollywood to me -- super real and fun.  Also, Whaaaaaaboooooooom needs to leave - stat- and take Blake(?) with him.  

This season really does have such potential -- Producers please let us see an actual story that isn't about drama! For the first time in YEARS I think I may be a 'right reasons' viewer -- all because of Rachael & Copper! Begging TPTB not to ruin it for me! 

• Love 6
(edited)

I wasn't quite as harsh but I think these guys totally get what I was struggling with regarding Peter and his and Rachel's 1 on 1. Word of caution - watch the clip here and not on You Tube. People just randomly post spoilers in comments all over You Tube. You can skip to the 4:50 mark for the Peter and Rachel review but the whole thing is pretty entertaining. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
(edited)

I saw Peter differently.  He is a more introverted guy and the camera is jarring for him, as well.  It seemed he was genuinely taking this slowly knowing full well there are many vying for her attention and he did not want to put himself out too there too fully and get hurt.  We heard him talk about getting hurt several times and seeking therapy to help him with relationships.  My guess is that he may fall in love too quickly without ascertaining if the woman is what will work for him.  I can almost hear his therapist talking to him. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 14
(edited)
7 hours ago, Ohwell said:
16 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Kenny- the daughter talk is not taking you where you want it to go.

Yes, this.  I really like Kenny, but that's not the first thing that should come out of your mouth when you're getting to know a woman.  Rachel already knew he had a daughter, so he could have gone into more detail later on, after they had gotten more comfortable with each other.  

I'm sorry.  Every time Kenny starts with the daughter talk, I want to ask him if he thinks he deserves a cookie for being a hands-on Dad.  Dude, you're supposed to be a good dad!  You don't get a gold star for doing what you're supposed to do!

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

As for Lexi being cray cray, I've been way more than cray cray, I've bordered on (and maybe passed into) insanity territory when I've confronted a cheating spouse/partner. I cut her some slack, and give her credit for not going completely ballistic. She should be glad, however, that she discovered DeMario's cheating now and not later. Small favors I guess.

Yeah.  It bothers me that so many want to characterize her as "cray cray" because she's hurt and angry that she saw the man she thought she was in a relationship with volunteering to romance another woman on national TV.  I can understand how a situation like that could bring out the vindictive side of almost any woman.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Kenny- the daughter talk is not taking you where you want it to go...and FYI, some of the black guys are "bugging" too. You are 35.  Dope should be out of your vocabulary.  I can only speak for myself, but being called DOPE is not a compliment. 

Thanks for your entire post. It's hysterical.

When Kenny started talking about his daughter the first time, I could see Rachel lose a bit of her smile. I think Kenny is attractive and he seems kind, but a single 31 year old woman as anxious to be married and start a family as Rachel is probably does not want a 10 year old daughter before you've even had a first date. Plus, Kenny's making it clear that his daughter comes first. Why would a young woman with several attractive men to choose from choose the man with a pre-teen who already has a personality, as well as her father's full attention? I felt sad for Kenny when he was talking about his daughter because he loves her and is proud, but I thought it was a mistake on his part.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

My guess is that he may fall in love too quickly without ascertaining if the woman is what will work for him.  I can almost hear his therapist talking to him. 

But again, there seems to be a misconception in how I and others felt about Peter. No one was asking for Peter to seem madly in love with Rachel after one date but the truth is this whole show is like speed dating on crack and the one on one dates are supposed to be where the audience sees a connection (or not) between the lead and the contestant and get to better know the contestant.

The issue for me personally was that I couldn't get any read on Peter. So many keep insisting he's just reserved like that's a fact. Is he? Or was he just guarded in general or was he just not into her? That's what I was struggling with. I got nothing other than him smiling politely and playing with her dog and just being a nice guy. Again, I get that that's great for some and you know maybe it did resemble a real life, ordinary date. But for me, I was just left feeling indifferent and it's why I can understand what the guy in the video was saying about him mimicking human emotion.

I just feel exactly like that guy in not getting why Rachel was so gushy about Peter and the date. I think that's the part that baffled me the most. If Rachel had just been chill and all, "I like Peter, he's nice and cute and I had fun today, etc." I would have been more whatever about the whole date. It's watching how she was practically bouncing off her seat in excitement over him that made me look at him and the whole date even closer and just be left thinking, "that's it? Did I miss something?" 

But let me quickly add the qualifier before it comes, that I am well aware the show is edited. And apparently, in her People blog that all the leads write almost every season, Rachel shared some story of Peter bringing his dinner sandwich to a homeless guy when the cameras weren't present. Which is a kind and heart-warming thing to do. So I'm just going to assume for now that the show edited him on the date duller than he really was.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

@truthaboutluv, I understand what you are saying.  They have an annoying habit of hiding a lot with the men who make it far.  So this tells me he Will be around awhile.  Who knows what happened between them during the rest of the date when he gave his sandwich to a homeless man.  There is more there for her to be so smitten. 

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:52 AM, truthaboutluv said:

I think he's good looking but definitely not the hottest guy I've ever seen on this show and he does nothing for me because I still think his personality so far has been kind of bland. He seems like a nice enough guy but pretty boy nice guys don't do it for me. I like quirks or snark or some kind of weirdness but that's just me. 

And don't forget Rachel having to practically shove her face up at him for him to get the hint to kiss her after she'd just given him the rose. 

Yes, but she didn't have to do it the second time during the fireworks. He grabbed her neck and went in for the kiss himself. He stated therapy helped him learn to be measured in his thoughts. Thus he's letting her prove to him she wants him. It makes sense when there are 23 other guys she can pick. He doesn't want to misinterpret her actions. Relationship therapy helps one to understand how to read romance signs better.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Regardless of what happened between Rachel and Peter on their date, I do think that she could have slowed her roll a bit and not gushed so much on camera.

From what I read and heard that must be part of who she is because they said she gushed about Bryan as well, and that she was gushy about Nick after her one on one last year.  I feel that way about the fiance.  She has been way too gushy in her interviews with the history of this franchise.  Happy or not, I would be a little more reserved since no one really gets married that often. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BaileyMae said:

Yes, but she didn't have to do it the second time during the fireworks. He grabbed her neck and went in for the kiss himself. He stated therapy helped him learn to be measured in his thoughts. Thus he's letting her prove to him she wants him. It makes sense when there are 23 other guys she can pick. He doesn't want to misinterpret her actions. Relationship therapy helps one to understand how to read romance signs better.

Yes.  I agree and well said. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

Yeah.  It bothers me that so many want to characterize her as "cray cray" because she's hurt and angry that she saw the man she thought she was in a relationship with volunteering to romance another woman on national TV.  I can understand how a situation like that could bring out the vindictive side of almost any woman.

I don't know.  While she was working with producers to "blast him" in a reveal, finalizing the flight, being put up in a hotel...........................  To me she seemed over rehearsed.  It was her big audition moment, in her own mind.

• Love 2
On 5/29/2017 at 10:45 PM, truthaboutluv said:

Though I did like Ashton saying that he was going to call it early and say that Rachel's Final 1 was not on the group date. And man was he ever right considering how the night portion of that date went.

I actually thought this was very observant of him, and although it was early in the date, I totally agreed. The only one in that first group with a chance of getting to the last few episodes is Kenny the wrestler.

Lucas should have been eliminated from the game for shoving and being a general dickhead.

I LOVED the date with Peter. I once met/dated someone who I had the most insane amount in common with, and the more we talked, the more I couldn't get over it. It's the coolest feeling. This date reminded me of that. If he isn't F1, I'd say he's a shoe-in for the Bachelor gig.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:31 PM, backformore said:

Saw on another site that Lucas and Blake knew each other because they were both on another dating show -  Ex Isle, on WE.  I'm sure that they are not supposed to mention it. 

Why would they cast two people who formerly starred together on another dating show if they didn't expect them to talk about it? Now it's just vague drama where we're getting weird snippets of a story that doesn't make sense.

The cutest are Diggy, Peter, and Dean. I didn't originally find Dean attractive, but his smile got me. Unfortunately, he seems like a kid, especially next to Rachel who is 6 years his senior.

As others have pointed out, the fact that DeMario was lying was obvious when he came out pretending he didn't know the girl before admitting that he used to sleep with her. He changed the story about three times. She may have been crazy, but he was still lying.

Rachel has SUCH presence! I wish I was as socially adept as she is. I can't remember the last time I watched this show and heard the guys show such enthusiasm when the lead walks in, and it all seems genuine. She looks impeccable on every date and totally believe the guys are actually awed by her every time she appears in yet another killer look.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Regardless of what happened between Rachel and Peter on their date, I do think that she could have slowed her roll a bit and not gushed so much on camera.

Oh, i must have misunderstood.  I was sure she was talking about Copper.

• Love 1

Sooooo.  They took the first African American Bachelorette on a basketball date . . . on the first full week, didn't they?  Yep.  Yeah they did.

And crazy Lexi . . . is "wife her" a thing now?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Alapaki said:

Sooooo.  They took the first African American Bachelorette on a basketball date . . . on the first full week, didn't they?  Yep.  Yeah they did.

And crazy Lexi . . . is "wife her" a thing now?

I think so. I heard one of the younger girls at work as another one a few weeks about  why she wasn't "wifed" up.   I thought I misunderstood, and then I heard it again in this episode.  I can't tell you how glad I am that I am old sometimes. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, mostlylurking said:

Totally in love with Copper but I also cringed when I saw him in the little pool!  Casts are not supposed to get wet?!

Peter is hands down my fave.  Oh my.  He is dreamy.  And I do think he is interested in Rachel, but just a bit more reserved.  I think he is trying to be respectful.

I still really like Josiah and also Kenny.  Dean is a bit young but I also like him and the fact that he also said he wanted to be respectful of Rachel.  Actually I like a surprising number of these guys.

Copper has several cast covers. You can see his cast looks different in just about every scene with him. This allows those who wear a cast to take a bath, a shower... and get into a pool.

Peter's my fav too. There are just too many signs that they should be together. Natural signs, physical signs and life signs and this is just the first couple of interactions. When you know it, you just do. I get that from both of them. We shall see if it continues and grows or not.

Josiah, he seems like a great guy just not for Rachel. He seems too cocky, to ego driven. No humbleness that makes him personable enough to enjoy him as a mate. There's no spark with them. I get a feeling he feels with everything he's done and has been through, Rachel is the kind of woman he deserves not whether they have a genuine emotional connection.

In fact I heard that from DeMario as well. "I deserve a woman like Rachel." But I'm done with DeMario... "DeMario who?" Hopefully, we will never have to see him again after next week.

Now for Kenny... Kenny, Kenny. He may not have a girlfriend but he does have someone he's in love with. Kenny is not looking for a wife in Rachel. He's looking for a new mother, with the right background, a female role model for his daughter. When he can't talk about anything other than his daughter... Rachel needs to ask him, "Is there any space left in your heart for me?"

As for Dean, I like him but I just don't think he's ready for a permanent relationship for the rest of his life. Rachel notwithstanding, but anyone right now. I just don't see it with Dean. Maybe he can convince me as time goes but no way am I there now. And that's the same for Eric. Although, I can see Eric having a level head and sincerely willing to make that kind of commitment*. I can see him believing he's lucky to have Rachel in his life, not that he deserves a woman like Rachel.

*ETA: much sooner than Dean.

Edited by BaileyMae
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, wings707 said:

I loved Ashton saying, Rachael's husband Is not in this group.  They must have been a little disappointed being assigned to this lame challenge. 

I agree that Rachael's tears were about production setting that up.  Her refusing to talk to CH confirmed it.  This was reality gold and they were not going to let this one slide by, clearly.  I don't think they knew during casting that this would happen.  

I like Peter's reserve.  He looking to see is she is a good fit for him rather than going for the win, no matter what. Leave them wanting more is the way to go. 

ETA.  The mics are too sensitive thus the noisy kisses, I don't think the kissers are at fault.  

I feel like there is an undercurrent of a power struggle in some of the interviews I have read between Rachel and the producers.  All speculative, but I think she only agreed to do the show if she was not portrayed a certain way, and they agreed to it, however there were times when they tried to "push" her to do certain things and she pushed back.  I think she gave them some leeway, but called them out on some things.  I think the Demario situation was one. She was prepped for something, but not quite what exactly happened and she was mad about it.  I think the joke comment was more directed towards that than to him. 

I am a fan of Peter so far, although there have been some red flags for me.  Overall I am a little taken aback by some of the banter, etc. in the household and I appreciate that he seems to get along with others without being in the middle of the trash talking and game playing.  I am just not drawn to loud, flashy or boisterous and I am a little disappointed that so many of the guys are acting that way.  It hits me as very stereotypical.  

I'd like to think that something in this franchise, especially when I decide to watch, can be realistic. I would probably not like Peter if he was too effusive this early on.  I like that he is not just continually gushing about Rachel.  Again, unless you are here for fame then he should be taking it all in and deciding if she could be for him.  I can't imagine being too out there when the person is "dating" 20+ other people.  Since they only show portions of dates and conversations I am not willing to say he is just that boring, but he could be or Rachel may be taken with the "pretty."  Again, if I was in a roomful of Lucas, Blake, Bryce, and a few others, I would be "drawn" to Peter too!  Who else does she have to "gush" over?  Bryan could speak 5 languages and he still wouldn't do it for me, and the Russian from Alex is not enough to overcome his man bun. 

6 minutes ago, BaileyMae said:

Copper has several cast covers. You can see his cast looks different in just about every scene with him. This allows those who wear a cast to take a bath, a shower... and get into a pool.

Peter's my fav too. There are just too many signs that they should be together. Natural signs, physical signs and life signs and this is just the first couple of interactions. When you know it, you just do. I get that from both of them. We shall see if it continues and grows or not.

Josiah, he seems like a great guy just not for Rachel. He seems to cocky, to cock-sure of himself. No humbleness that makes him personable enough to enjoy him as a mate. There's no spark with them. I get a feeling he feels with everything he's done and has been through, Rachel is the kind of woman he deserves not whether they have a genuine emotional connection.

In fact I heard that from DaMario as well. "I deserve a woman like Rachel." But I'm done with DaMario... "DaMario who?" Hopefully, we will never have to see him again after next week.

Now for Kenny... Kenny, Kenny, Kenny may not have a girlfriend but he does have someone he's in love with. Kenny is not looking for a wife in Rachel. He's looking for a new mother, with the right background, a female role model for his daughter. When he can't talk about anything other than his daughter... Rachel needs to ask him, "Is there any space in your heart left for me?"

As for Dean, I like him but I just don't think he's ready for a permanent relationship for the rest of his life? Rachel notwithstanding, but anyone right now. I just don't see it with Dean. Maybe he can convince me as time goes but no way am I there now. And that's the same for Eric. Although, I can see Eric having a level head and sincerely willing to make that kind of commitment. I can see him believing he's lucky to have Rachel in his life, not that he deserves a woman like Rachel.

You had me up until the "level headed" Eric.  

• Love 2
On 5/30/2017 at 10:49 AM, Dirtybubble said:

And props to the pro wrestler guy who got shoved for not getting mad.

Can y'all imagine if Chad had experienced a transgression like that? 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

.....but rehearsed and crazy are two very different things. A person who is angry and vindictive can certainly rehearse their revenge.  That doesn't make them crazy.  

Amen! And I know I've been angry at someone and have worked up a big head of steam by myself, going over everything I want to say and picking the most devastating turns of phrase to cut him to the quick. Then the moment comes and my adrenaline's going and I trip over my words and only get out half of what I wanted to say, and none of it was as brilliant as I thought it would be anyway. I assume I'm not alone in this. 

• Love 5

I honestly did not even watch the whole interaction with the girlfriend and have gotten bits and pieces from here. I think she shamed herself more than she shamed him.  To admit on national television that you dated someone for 7 months and he would not introduce you to his family is sad.  It was clear that he was not interested in having a real relationship, but there she was, willing to share her keys and lord knows what else and he won't even acknowledge you.   Clearly no self respect. 

I was just annoyed by this whole interaction and felt as though it was just scripted acting that they set up, and I just wondered why?  This show is bad enough without manufactured drama like this, and if it was real, again, I was way too busy being annoyed at the girlfriend for being so stupid to think about the impact on Rachel or Demario.  There is a difference in someone who  you have a real relationship with cheating and someone who clearly doesn't respect you nor reciprocate your level of interest. 

If she saw him on the show with Rachel she should have changed the locks, blocked his number and put his stuff on the curb....and just kept it moving.  I don't know about her being crazy, but desperate comes to mind. 

People really just want 15 minutes of fame these days and they are willing to embarrass themselves and their family in the pursuit of a moment of interest. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Did Rachel Lindsay and Jack Stone's Make-Out Scene Get Cut on ‘The Bachelorette’?

Am I the only one that missed this? It's not in any of the podcasts for people having a field day with DeMario being destroyed on national TV. Not that I care but it is what it is.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/did-rachel-and-jack-stone-make-out-on-the-bachelorette-w484933

I was wondering what that body language was all about, except he stated "you're amazing" so I thought he was covering his mouth because he was nervous. But no her lipstick was smeared and that was before the kiss with Dean and she gave Dean the rose... so, I just looked over it.

Edited by BaileyMae
(edited)
6 hours ago, Sharonbee said:

So it looks like Lee is the chick in the Dixie flag bikini (Unreal fans will get the reference.) He's had some questionable race related comments in his past according to media.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/bachelorette-contestant-lee-garrett-under-fire-for-offensive-tweets/ar-BBBKzHm?li=BBnb7Kz

Who didn't know Lee from Tennessee "country boy" wouldn't have THE problem. For him he may not realize it's a problem.

Edited by BaileyMae
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, BaileyMae said:

It's not in any of the podcasts for people having a field day with DeMario being destroyed on national TV. Not that I care but it is what it is.

Destroyed?  Nah.  He got wrong-reasons busted on The Bachelorette.  Happens to a break-out reality star every year.  All his friends are going to laugh and high-five him and all the women he meets are going to hear that the girlfriend was a cray-cray ex he just hadn't been firm enough with. What matters is what matters to most guys, he played really good basketball on national TV.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Destroyed?  Nah.  He got wrong-reasons busted on The Bachelorette.  Happens to a break-out reality star every year.  All his friends are going to laugh and high-five him and all the women he meets are going to hear that the girlfriend was a cray-cray ex he just hadn't been firm enough with. What matters is what matters to most guys, he played really good basketball on national TV.

Except for what is being said about him on Black Radio Stations all over the country. DL Hughley, Tom Joyner, Travis Smiley. And the callers responses, male and female... believe me, it's not pretty. Culturally what he did is deadly.

Edited by BaileyMae
  • Love 2