Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Week 2: Celebrity Guests

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

And it's another podcast (32 minutes long), not an article. :( Maybe it would help to say "Listen to the full podcast" instead, so people like me who can't focus on a podcast won't bother to click on your link?.

Thank you!!  This is driving me crazy!  It's not an article and it never is.  It's a stupid podcast that I'm not interested in.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

And it's another podcast (32 minutes long), not an article. :( Maybe it would help to say "Listen to the full podcast" instead, so people like me who can't focus on a podcast won't bother to click on your link?.

I agree. Obviously everyone's target audience is no longer the long time fans of the show. With all these changes it's obvious they are going for the millennial's. Trying to induce all the drama they can (to be continued) to entice new viewers. I have always enjoyed reading Stephanie and Jeff's take on the episodes. Hilarious always. These new podcasts just aren't the same.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I also wanna know how Copper broke his leg.

On Good Morning America this morning, they reported that he "broke a toe when jumping off of something".

Posting because I was super-curious myself.

• Love 7

DeMario’s reaction to getting busted was the same as every guy caught red-handed on “Cheaters” -- you lie your ass off, and if the first lie doesn’t work, try a second and third. Never admit that you are a cheating SOB. The only saving grace was he didn’t know Rachel well enough to blame HER for his cheating and lying, which is where the “Cheaters” guys go when they run out of lies.

I liked the Peter-and-Copper two-on-one date. But all I could think was YIKES! he’s getting that cast wet when Copper laid down in the baby pool. I was happy Rachel and Peter both stayed dressed for the whole pool date, a Bachelorette first! I also liked how Peter kissed, unlike the other open-mouth sloppy kisses Rachel has been getting, complete with slurping sounds and disgusting visuals. Later in the night, the one guy even had to wipe his face off after kissing her. How gross is that? Give me Peter-type kisses over mouth baths any time.

The husband-baby race was a mess, it really needed some rules. None of the guys were good husband material (as noted by Ashton, thank you very much!) if they are going to treat babies like that. I did appreciate Blake, who was sweet caressing his baby ... until he “mic dropped” it at the end. Then he went back to being a tool. And Lucas won ... what? for winning the race? Getting to be with Rachel first? Okay then. My guess is Rachel decided against sending the other guys back to the ranch after Lucas won. “Please, don’t leave me alone with this creep!”

Blake let us know, without naming THAT tv show! that he and Lucas know each other. Blake would be doing himself a favor if he ignored Lucas, although I’m fine with Waboom and Penis Man both going home. Both will be retained for tv drah-mah though, so the “we know each other” stuff will continue. Yawn.

My tv is a square box so I can’t see the names during THs. But I fancy the black guy with the glasses. He’s a hot twin for Sterling K. Brown. All of the guys (except Waboom) are good looking though. So far, a good season, although we all know that can change drastically down the road!

• Love 17
14 hours ago, twoods said:

I think Lucas owns his own business (he went to Berkeley)

Whaboom being a Berkeley grad would have been a much more shocking revelation than DeMario having a girlfriend.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, MsPH said:

They did things a bit differently this season and introduced Rachel to four of the guys live on Nick's After the Final Rose special. That was a few days before filming began and that's where the girlfriend saw Demario. The basketball date was filmed about a week after that.

This explanation of how the crazy ex found out about DeMario being a B-ette contestant brings up a different question for me.  Ok, so she saw him on the ATFR show and decided to confront him about it and ruin his chances with Rachel.  So how did she know there would be a basketball date and where it was going to be filmed?  Obviously someone connected to the show told here where to show up and when.  That whole thing was so fake. 

• Love 5
(edited)
53 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

You could be right but I think it's a little early to call that now.

I did make it very clear that I am aware it was only the second episode and being that their 1 on 1 happened so soon after the Meet and Greet, they really didn't know each other, so it's entirely possible my opinion will change as the season progresses. However, I am only judging what I saw last night. And as I said, it was particularly because of how gushy Rachel was towards Peter that it stood out to me that I felt like I wasn't getting as much interest on his part. And yes, maybe he is just reserved but that's just it. My other issue is I don't feel like I came away getting a sense of Peter's personality so I don't know if that's what it is.

At best as I can say is that I think he seems nice and he's good looking. And once again, my issue is not about Peter and Rachel not having red hot burning passion. I don't need to see people pawing each other or being madly in love with each other from the start. But I want to see something that sparks between them when I watch their scenes and I didn't see that between the two. I saw Rachel gushy and way into him and him nice and personable enough. Now yes, that may likely change and I look forward to seeing if it does. And as usual, YMMV. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Two things about the last episode:

One, my favorite part of the DeMario drama was when she kept saying you have keys to my apartment and he was "I gave those back to you.... Oh wait, I mailed them to you!"  The check is in the mail too I guess.

Second, the 'occupations' they are listing are funny at times.  The one I don't understand is Blake (I think) being listed as 'aspiring drummer', weren't they showing him being a personal trainer or something as he waxed on about his advanced sexual IQ?  Maybe I have people confused.

• Love 4

15 HOURS AGO,  NOWHERE SAID: 

I'm not saying DeMario knew the ex would be there. I'm saying Rachel knew the ex would be there and knew what she was going to say beforehand. There's no reason for her to be embarrassed just because one guy dumped a girl to go on the show. There are rumors to that effect every season. Who's the guy from JoJo's season with the perfect hair who dumped his girlfriend before the show??

I smelled set up too, but not quite as complete as Rachel being in on it or having all the details.  More like she was warned that someone would be there with some possibly damaging news about one of the guys.  I think one of her girls from last week's show had already warned her about DeMario but she said she was trying to be open and keep an open mind.

There's a difference between "scripted" and "set up" and this one fell into the latter category for me. Obviously the girl didn't just wander onto the set, she was invited for this confrontation, and Rachel would know that the show did that, which is where the "I'm annoyed, I don't even want to do this anymore" came from. As for her caring about DeMario, I don't think it was that she was all that invested in him personally, it was just what he represented, which was someone she chose to stay and pursue something with and when he turned out to be a liar, she realized it was a waste of a rose and understandably got concerned that there would be more skeletons falling out of the closets of the other guys. 

I'm so glad it turned out to be DeMario with the gf because I couldn't stand him. And his "who is this?" attempt at getting out of the situation...classic dickhead move. As was the attempt to get Rachel alone so he could convince her that the girl was just a nut job and couldn't possibly be telling the truth. Good riddance to that one. 

That girl, Lexi? she really seemed a little cray cray to me

More than a little. I can't decide if I think she was overacting or if she's nutty. Maybe both. Either way, I don't think the relationship was anywhere near as solid as she made it out to be, but clearly there was some relationship. Him having keys to her house may have just been a convenience booty call thing. 

That baby shower game was so stupid and ridiculous, it's not even fun to watch. But total waste of time. I can't wait till Lucas is gone.  This is beneath Rachel!

She was so not psyched that Lucas won. I was waiting for her to disqualify him for shoving Kenny so she could hang with Kenny instead. If the producers didn't have influence over some of the rose choices, Whaboom would have been out on his ass night 1. 

And then, Ashton's "I am not amused" face when Whaboom did his Whaboom thing.

When even Ashton freaking Kutcher thinks you're a clown...that's bad. I actually almost felt bad for Whaboom for a moment because I just knew that was going to go over like a fart in church. It's like when someone tells you to tell a funny story to someone else, but that person is clearly in a bad mood or otherwise just not up for a story at that moment and you know even as you're telling it that it's going to fall completely flat. 

Blake E's obsession with him is so tiresome and I guess his big moment was supposed to be the mic (baby) drop confessional, but it was so cheesy. Here's hoping he and his 1990s, Melrose Place haircut get the boot soon. 

I'm assuming those two will be the 2-1 showdown date, but since I have no interest in either of them, can it please happen sooner than later and can they please both go?? 

I loved her date with Peter.  LOVED it.  The Bark Festival and Copper!  And then them bonding over gap-teeth and therapy!!!  I was in love with them.  You can tell he is an early favorite he got to meet the "kid" right off the bat.

Peter was great. They were so relaxed together (same with Dean (?) from earlier, there was genuine chemistry. Bryan the chiropractor seems to be trying too hard, though she still seems to like him a lot too. He strikes me as an "in it to win it" type who would have pulled the exact same routine no matter who the bach'ette was, I'm not sure they have a real connection. As a viewer I like Josiah, he's had some very funny moments, but I'm not sure I see a genuine spark there either. 

I hope not for her sake because so far, she has virtually no chemistry with any of them. Those kisses with Josiah and Eric were both awkward to me. Her and Kenny have a nice vibe but it feels for more friend-zone to me.

Yeah, she seems to be trying to be into Kenny, but isn't. He seems to be taking the route of trying to show her how serious he is about having a relationship, but isn't bringing any kind of fun or liveliness to their conversations. I think he has that side to him, but is making a mistake in the way he presents himself when she's around. 

Meanwhile, I see Bryan is still all about the tongue action.

I'm starting to think Rachel is a major part of the slurpy kissing issue. Either her mike is turned up too high or she's a noisy kisser because she kissed like 5 different people and it always sounded super loud and sloppy. 

I have no idea what Whaboom's deal is but I saw a CH interview that Jonathan is a physician - I feel bad for him as he obviously got screwed by production when they decided to call him the Tickle Monster.

Then again, he brought that on by.. tickling.

Oh wow. This is one of the pitfalls of appearing on a reality show that could never be anticipated, that's why I never take the hardline stance of "they knew what they were getting into when they signed up" when someone is unhappy with their edit. Because really, how could this guy know that one tickling incident on night 1 was going to make the show change his title from a very respectable profession to tickle monster. 

On the other hand, it kind of makes my day that they did! Hilarious. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Well, we saw Waaabooom (made sure I got those three A's and four O's) cheated a bit. 

But you missed the H. :)

26 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

And Lucas won ... what? for winning the race? Getting to be with Rachel first? Okay then. My guess is Rachel decided against sending the other guys back to the ranch after Lucas won. “Please, don’t leave me alone with this creep!”

I noticed that too, and would not be remotely surprised. No way would I agree to spend one-on-one time with that dude. Not without ear plugs, anyway.

Blake, OMG. Just stop. Here's the thing, dude. Lucas is so mind-numbingly annoying that he will dig his own grave. You are not the one c**** in his armour; he is the giant gaping gash in his own armour. While I appreciate the desire for him to leave as soon as possible, or sooner, he's not going to win, and no matter what you tattle to her about him, he's going to stay as long as the producers can convince her to keep him. So just stop, because you're not doing yourself any favours, and you're making yourself an ever closer second on my list of guys I'd like to see gone.

The DeMario thing? As someone pointed out, ex-gf has to have had some producer assistance to know when and where to show up, so to that extent, of course it was staged. Not sure how much Rachel knew beforehand. DeMario, though? Definitely blindsided. Or else he's an excellent actor, because he portrayed blindsided very well. All that said, I also think there's more to this story, and that ex-gf is not quite on the up and up herself. The main red flag for me was that she really didn't seem particularly hurt or bothered by the whole thing; just a little vindictive. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, whatever relationship they had, it wasn't a particularly healthy one.

Finally, can we have Ashton and Mila provide commentary from now on? Wasn't a huge fan of the date, but those two amused me. Especially Ashton's entirely nonplussed reaction to Whaboom. And Mila's dig at the quality of the show's contestants.

• Love 8

Wasn't DeMario on ATFR? The one with the engagement ring? So his girlfriend saying he ghosted and three days later (ATFR) she sees him on TV is viable. I think Rachel was so angry because she was definitely into him. Really. Really into him and it pissed her off that she got played like that. It always makes a woman question herself when she gets played.

It was funny to me. First the "OH SHIT!!!!" Look on his face and then that weak-assed "who is THAT???" Really? Really 'Mario?

And he did the typical player thing of not giving straight answers to direct questions, gaslighting the chicks when he's caught red-handed, and just plain not letting the accuser speak, over-talking, loud-talking, etc. That's why she just walked away and said to get the eff out. He wouldn't give a straight answer.

You think next week he's gonna apologise and own up to his BS? Probably not.

I loved that ALL the men went out there WITH HER. Even though there was a production team, camera crew, literal cast of thousands to "protect" her, they all went out there to hear what he had to say. Thought it was cool.

Still....eh....we all know she's choosing Peter. COME ON!!!!! Y'ALL ALL SAW THE DATE!!!!! Is there any doubt?

These guys. They're not there for "her." To meet "her." And it shows.  Eh, maybe I'm 'over' it and the "unREAL-ness" of the show is shining through....but I'm not buying it. It's....boring....and so freaking fake with hints of realness (the date) thrown in.

• Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, UGAmp said:

Ugh. Another season of To Be Continued "cliffhangers". I don't know why they pull this garbage. Are there really that many casual viewers of the bachelorette that leaving them hanging one episode is going to get them back the next week (or set a season pass on their DVR)? I want a rose ceremony every episode, dangit!

AMEN. Bach producers, you do not need to do the Alias-style "the first 10 minutes is the conclusion of last week's episode" structure. Give us a Rose Ceremony at the end of the episode and stop the madness, for the love of all things decent.

16 hours ago, DearEvette said:

When she went into lawyer questioning mode, that is when I think it went from being forewarned to now feeling like she was dealing with a real blindside.  So I think her disappointment in the end was genuine.  And since she was an avowed skeptic who allowed herself to be persuaded by the whole process, I do think this made some of her skepticism with the guys trickle back in.

Not only when she went into cross-examining attorney mode, but then with "I'm really gonna need you to get the fuck out" - she code-switched into Rachel Whose Uncle Is Coming By In Two Minutes to HELP You Get The Fuck Out which is when it got REALLY serious. 

16 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I have to say, so far I am not impressed with this stylist's work. Particularly because of how amazing Rachel looked on Nick's season where she was styling herself then. Seems to me that she did better for herself than this person is doing. 

I agree that a few of those dinner dresses were doing her chest no favors, but DAMN that silver dress she was wearing for the second half of the basketball date was SPECTACULAR. Great color, great shimmer, and I loved the loose casual silhouette - very flattering and sexy without being overdone. 

While we're on the fashion tip, it's a no from me re: Lucas's grey-and-pastel plaid jackets. They're too ugly to be acceptable, but not ugly enough to swing back around to so-bad-it's-good territory. If you're gonna go used car salesman with the look, you have to commit. I know this is the least objectionable thing about him but ugh. (Also: that poem? Did he rhyme "a while" with... "entile"? Which is... not a...word...? Did he mean "entail" maybe? Ugh I've already given this far more thought than it deserves.) 

Kenny remains firmly my favorite, and I am loving this color commentary from him: "Listen. I'm a wrestler. I know all about white dudes acting crazy. But everyone is just talking around in circles. So if y'all wanna get on a merry go round, take your ass to Santa Monica and get on the merry go round." KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE, KENNY, WE CAN WIN THIS THING. 

Edited by alannaofdoom
  • Love 5

When TMZ discussed this upcoming season, one staffer wanted to know if TPTB would install a basketball court at the mansion. So, ouch, when ep 2 features ... a basketball game. And I am one who can't get past Rachel's forehead that's huge enough to land a plane on. Her hair was cool at the game, though. I hate the long, straggly, hanging-down hair-with-no-bangs extensions so popular these days.

I got mad at the limo driver for allowing the dog to jump out of the car.  

Didn't like the baby contest at all.  Kutcher was ok and accurate in assessing but I kept telling his wife to shut the hell up.  Geez, woman, take a breath.  

Some of these guys are kind of nice.  She needed to lose that Boom bum last week.  Rachel's good.  Nice clothes, too.   

4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Her hair was cool at the game, though.

Right and didn't she have it up? With a headband or something? I noticed and commented when she was on Nick's season how she looked much better with her hair up and now we see it again. And ditto with the hair extensions that do her no favors. As one poster commented she needs a good hair stylist because the one she's got now isn't up to par.

2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

A number of you mentioned DeMario's "Who's this?" But you neglected to mention the absolute best split-second of the show immediately BEFORE he said that. He sees her and gives an "Oh-ho-ho!" neverous laugh and look of shock, recognizing he was busted. But then you can see his brain decide to play it off that he doesn't know her, and takes all of his strength and acting skills to pull his face into a measured look of consternation and says, "Who's this?" I nearly fell off my couch from laughing so hard! Of course, he also just as quickly realized that pretending he didn't know her AT ALL wasn't going to work and then decided to go on a sliding scale of how well they knew each other and the last time they were together.

Hah! Exactly this!! You could see and hear the gears grinding away ditching one plan after another. Along with a nice 'oh shit' in revealing he did in fact have her keys then he backpeddled to 'Oh no I mailed them back to you.' He was a mess. But yeah the "This is going to be ugly" realization the second he saw her and instantly switched over to 'Who's this?' was the beginning of the end.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

She did say something about touch being important to her so I suspect she's doing the kissing test with these guys.  I respect it even if I am so the opposite.  But because she was willing to do that, so many of those kisses just felt awkward.  So awkward. 

Yes, in her conversation with Eric, he brought up love languages. I was surprised they left that in, since I'm not sure how widely known that book (The Five Love Languages) is outside of Christian circles. But the premise is that people feel loved in different ways. One person may need to hear "I love you," where someone else wants you to take out the garbage. Eric said his two are quality time and acts of service (gifts, words of affirmation and physical touch are the other three). Rachel said hers are quality time and physical touch. That helps explain why she liked Bryan grabbing her and eating her face, and why she didn't get rid of the tickle monster the first night.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, tvguru94 said:

Yes, in her conversation with Eric, he brought up love languages. I was surprised they left that in, since I'm not sure how widely known that book (The Five Love Languages) is outside of Christian circles. But the premise is that people feel loved in different ways. One person may need to hear "I love you," where someone else wants you to take out the garbage.... Rachel said hers are quality time and physical touch.

Very well known. (Thanks Oprah, I presume). Im atheist and I have taken the test.  The premise is pretty universal, even if the original book's ways to implement the info is not.  

Re: physical touch, itsalso why Rachel is kissing a lot of guys and pretty physical in doing so. 

1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

There's a difference between "scripted" and "set up" and this one fell into the latter category for me. Obviously the girl didn't just wander onto the set, she was invited for this confrontation, and Rachel would know that the show did that, which is where the "I'm annoyed, I don't even want to do this anymore" came from. As for her caring about DeMario, I don't think it was that she was all that invested in him personally, it was just what he represented, which was someone she chose to stay and pursue something with and when he turned out to be a liar, she realized it was a waste of a rose and understandably got concerned that there would be more skeletons falling out of the closets of the other guys. 

Good point. Thanks for bringing it up. While I saw Rachel's reaction as over-the-top because I didn't think she cared for DeMario enough, I hadn't considered she was reacting to the producers decision to set her up, as well as being disappointed she wasted a rose on a guy with a girlfriend. While I was watching the episode live, I definitely thought she could have given that rose to Blake K, so I should have remembered that. And, yes, it was early enough in the filming that she would have been worried a couple of other guys were just there to be on screen.

• Love 1

I am a member of the five-head club so I can't knock Rachel for that, but her hair is just terrible.  I love her too much for her to have this hair!  Other than that, I'm liking most of her looks.

DeMario is a total dog but something did seem fishy.  The ex was shady.  Something more was going on there.

Totally in love with Copper but I also cringed when I saw him in the little pool!  Casts are not supposed to get wet?!

As totally annoying as Lucas is Blake is 100x worse!  I actually think Lucas handled himself really well at being confronted by Blake and made Blake look like the asshole.  If Lucas could just lose the whole Whaboom shtick entirely he would be a decent guy.

Peter is hands down my fave.  Oh my.  He is dreamy.  And I do think he is interested in Rachel, but just a bit more reserved.  I think he is trying to be respectful.

I still really like Josiah and also Kenny.  Dean is a bit young but I also like him and the fact that he also said he wanted to be respectful of Rachel.  Actually I like a surprising number of these guys.

I am LMAO that the tickle monster is actually a doctor!!  I wonder what he thinks of his description.

Bryan just grosses me out.  I don't like that he says he is a Chiropractic Physician.  Chiropractors are not medical doctors (no offense to any chiros out there!).

• Love 6

I've never heard of The Five Love Languages, and I'm guessing neither have the editing monkeys. Thanks for that inside info -- that conversation confused me, but now I "get it." Nice slip under the radar, Eric and Rachel. And since I cannot read the names since they are off the left side of my tv screen, was that DeMario who kept bragging that Rachel was going to be his wife? If so ... karma, dude!

• Love 5

Dr. Bobby Bobby aka Bryan annoys me so much.   I need to see the episode again (we moved yesterday so only half-watched it) but that was my general impression so far.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, alannaofdoom said:

I agree that a few of those dinner dresses were doing her chest no favors, but DAMN that silver dress she was wearing for the second half of the basketball date was SPECTACULAR. Great color, great shimmer, and I loved the loose casual silhouette - very flattering and sexy without being overdone.  

I liked that dress too because it reminded me of my 8th-grade farewell dress. And then I was like wait Rachel, a grown woman in 2017, is wearing a dress that looks just like the one I wore as a 13 year old in 1998 and I loled.

• Love 1

Um, Rachel loves her dogchild, Copper, and takes good care of him. Not only did Copper had soundproof headphones for the fireworks but he also had some black (assuming waterproof) coverup for his sparkly blue cast for when he went into the shallow pool.

• Love 17
(edited)
11 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Ha!  I see what you did there...

Thank you!!!  Clever girl.  Marry me?  :-D

ETA - see what I did there?  If you did, the proposal's almost real.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, alannaofdoom said:

AMEN. Bach producers, you do not need to do the Alias-style "the first 10 minutes is the conclusion of last week's episode" structure. Give us a Rose Ceremony at the end of the episode and stop the madness, for the love of all things decent.

Not only when she went into cross-examining attorney mode, but then with "I'm really gonna need you to get the fuck out" - she code-switched into Rachel Whose Uncle Is Coming By In Two Minutes to HELP You Get The Fuck Out which is when it got REALLY serious. 

While we're on the fashion tip, it's a no from me re: Lucas's grey-and-pastel plaid jackets. They're too ugly to be acceptable, but not ugly enough to swing back around to so-bad-it's-good territory. If you're gonna go used car salesman with the look, you have to commit. I know this is the least objectionable thing about him but ugh. (Also: that poem? Did he rhyme "a while" with... "entile"? Which is... not a...word...? Did he mean "entail" maybe? Ugh I've already given this far more thought than it deserves.) 

Kenny remains firmly my favorite, and I am loving this color commentary from him: "Listen. I'm a wrestler. I know all about white dudes acting crazy. But everyone is just talking around in circles. So if y'all wanna get on a merry go round, take your ass to Santa Monica and get on the merry go round." KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE, KENNY, WE CAN WIN THIS THING. 

We are here for the same thing.  Looked at a few of her fashions, a couple of the dresses are no longer available on their respective website.  Looks like Peter date dress was 200+ and could not find the black zipper dress on the designers site listed.  

1 hour ago, LBS said:

Dr. Bobby Bobby aka Bryan annoys me so much.   I need to see the episode again (we moved yesterday so only half-watched it) but that was my general impression so far.

How do I make a spoiler about him? 

2 hours ago, fib said:

Very well known. (Thanks Oprah, I presume). Im atheist and I have taken the test.  The premise is pretty universal, even if the original book's ways to implement the info is not.  

Re: physical touch, itsalso why Rachel is kissing a lot of guys and pretty physical in doing so. 

Yes, I didn't feel like Peter was the only one where she sort of initiated the kiss.  She made herself available to Dean, hinted at more than a hug with Eric and there was at least one or two others I feel like she was offering her face.  Maybe she is looking for that "spark" and feels like this is the easiest way to determine if she will move forward with them. 

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, twoods said:

I can see that, but I'm unabashedly a gusher. I was smitten by Peter and Rachel's first date because they were so freaking cute. Loved them talking about the gap in their teeth, and then about therapy. There seemed to be an ease between them, and I couldn't stop smiling.  I do see some chemistry with the other guys, but Rachel is so far knocking it it of the park. She's not annoying me like other bachelorette and bachelors have in the past, but it's only the second week so who knows.

Trying really hard not to gush and looking to find some red flags, but in truth I was done with the gap/therapy conversation. Now I read Rachel's People recap and she says he walked off from production to give a homeless man his sandwich?   Not sure if that was Barkfest or what (not sure if I buy there was a homeless man there or at the LaQuinta).....but that sealed the deal.  I am going to have to stop watching because now they are SURE to give him a bad edit or show him doing something I do not like. I am going to hold on to the memory.......in the words of Richard Marx........

Edited by catrice2
added a thought
  • Love 8

She sure is charismatic and so full of good energy and goodwill to these goofs. I really enjoyed that ep.

Ashton and Mila were good fun, and also provided a voice of reason about that group of eight. (Except for too-young Dean. Oh, honey! I love a bit of Elvis in a young man.  Hope he sticks around.)

The Peter date with Copper - a dream come true! And then they went to Bark Fest! I think Peter's adorable, so he can stick around to the end, also.

Some of the other guys blend into one another. Lots of interesting detail. I appreciated obsessed Blake, the penis drummer, pointing out that Waaaabooom was wearing foundation, and that he'd brought his own makeup with him --- because Waaaaboom (four a's and three o's, I'm pretty sure he said) looks really odd and plasticy in the face and now I know why.

DeMario being sprung was pretty funny. Ah-oh, heh heh heh. Who's this? etc. And the reverse Bill Clinton. I did have sexual intercourse with this woman!

Pity about the "to be continued..."

• Love 5

I would like to see an unedited recap of the B-F1s love story at the end of the season. So much gets edited when there are so many contestants that we surely miss some valuable footage that would clearly show how F1 stands out above the rest and would make us appreciate the journey better. Lately there have been more successful seasons so I wish the franchise would add this.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Dittohead said:

This explanation of how the crazy ex found out about DeMario being a B-ette contestant brings up a different question for me.  Ok, so she saw him on the ATFR show and decided to confront him about it and ruin his chances with Rachel.  So how did she know there would be a basketball date and where it was going to be filmed?  Obviously someone connected to the show told here where to show up and when.  That whole thing was so fake. 

Actually, these events appear to take place with at least some publicity.  A friend of mine reported being in the Hilton Head or Charleston area (forget which) and one of the dates was being filmed there.  All cordoned off, banners everywhere.  Extras were all over the place, but my friend was not chosen.  So it is possible the gf knew what was happening.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

My tv is a square box so I can’t see the names during THs. But I fancy the black guy with the glasses. He’s a hot twin for Sterling K. Brown. All of the guys (except Waboom) are good looking though. So far, a good season, although we all know that can change drastically down the road!

That's Diggy. I agree that he's the hottest. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

A number of you mentioned DeMario's "Who's this?" But you neglected to mention the absolute best split-second of the show immediately BEFORE he said that. He sees her and gives an "Oh-ho-ho!" neverous laugh and look of shock, recognizing he was busted. But then you can see his brain decide to play it off that he doesn't know her, and takes all of his strength and acting skills to pull his face into a measured look of consternation and says, "Who's this?" I nearly fell off my couch from laughing so hard!

DeMario:  "I met her many many times ago."  - LOL, the fuck does that mean?

Rachel:  "I need you to understand something.  You don't make sense."  LOL!!!!!

• Love 19

The DeMario thing felt like a total setup by producers. I feel like they planned the whole thing from the beginning. They found some "great" guy with a crazy girlfriend who would be willing to come on and raise hell and cause drama and reeled him in with promises of "we'll take care of everything, your ex won't be a problem." He really was blindsided. And Rachel WAS played for a fool but not so much by DeMario as by the producers.

Will they please STOP doing the stupid To be Continued crap? NObody likes that. NObody wants that. Why do the PTB want to anger their audience every week? I hate that.

• Love 1
(edited)

I still adore Peter, Dean, Kenny (and others) as the right-reason front runners — but the wrong-reason viewer in me was inexplicably entertained by the argument between Lexi and DeMario:

Rachel: "And how did you cut it off with her?"

DeMario: "Face-to-face. I went over to her house; I explained to her that look, you and I are just going to—"

Lexi: "on my father's grave...never, ever

on my—both of my kittens sleeping in my house right now, 

on my brother and my dad, my father's grave...

Last time he was in my house, he was f***ing me."

Stay classy, ABC. Stay classy.

Edited by Koala
  • Love 20
(edited)
9 hours ago, b2H said:

In a blink-or-you-miss-it moment, he was also seen floating in the pool.  

I have spent the past two nights reading this thread trying to remember who Adam Jr. is and now I remember. hahah.  You guys are so fucking funny.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, b2H said:

Actually, these events appear to take place with at least some publicity.  A friend of mine reported being in the Hilton Head or Charleston area (forget which) and one of the dates was being filmed there.  All cordoned off, banners everywhere.  Extras were all over the place, but my friend was not chosen.  So it is possible the gf knew what was happening.

Although more likely that she saw him on AFTR, called the producers and told them her story, and they invited her to come on the show and confront him on camera.  Because why do things quietly when you can publicly humiliate everyone involved?  I'm sure Lexi's (?) story was more or less true, and Demario is a rat, but that woman was cray-cray, too.  If Demario hadn't been stumbling over his own lies as badly as he was, I would have totally believed this was some random woman who had met him once, built up some "relationship" in her own mind, and now was stalking him to the ends of the earth.  

• Love 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

eta: And on a completely separate note, I like Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis just fine but I'd hardly call them A-Listers. Yes, they're certainly fairly famous and both steadily working but I'd put them more at B-List.

Ashton was always seen as a major proponent of Twitter and has 18 million followers.  He used to be such a big social media star when social media was just starting, before the younger Bieber, Gomez, Jenner, etc. took over.
Mila Kunis was the co-star in an Oscar nominated movie in 2010.  She just starred in Bad Moms which profited $164 million, which I just learned now - that is crazy.
I call them A-List personally.

I Googled "A-List" and the Wikipedia definition

"An A-list celebrity is one at the very top of their field. It may be a bankable movie star, a major recording artist, international sports star, film director, mogul, or an international TV broadcaster."

Edited:  Yup, thanks, but I believe we are allowed to post disagreements here.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ashton was always seen as a major proponent of Twitter and has 18 million followers.  He used to be such a big social media star when social media was just starting, before the younger Bieber, Gomez, Jenner, etc. took over.
Mila Kunis was the co-star in an Oscar nominated movie in 2010.  She just starred in Bad Moms which profited $164 million, which I just learned now - that is crazy.
I call them A-List personally.

I'm well aware of all this and I stand by my opinion. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ha. And I'm going to split the difference in that I wouldn't put Ashton as an A-lister, despite his success, but I would put Mila there given her roles in some successful and some critically recognized films.

56 minutes ago, Kerri Okie said:

Although more likely that she saw him on AFTR, called the producers and told them her story, and they invited her to come on the show and confront him on camera.

Yep.  And primed everyone by having that one woman who was apparently on Nick's season with Rachel mention that he wasn't there for "the right reasons." 

I doubt Demario was serious about the woman even if they had been together for a few months.  She did seem overdramatic but his reaction read so guilty to me.  I think Rachel was upset at the way the show played her.  I think she knew it was a set up.  But I also think she was kicking herself for feeling Demario's vibe when she probably felt she could suss out a player.  It's sometimes easy to forget that players are often players because they're good at the game.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Did someone say you weren't? I made a comment, you disagreed and posted some facts that I was aware of, I noted that I knew those things but stood by my opinion. My not immediately changing my mind and automatically agreeing with you is not equivalent to saying you can't disagree with my opinion.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Watching for snark.   The Flash is over  for the season and Iron Fist was painful!  She could have legitimately cut 15 or 16 men in the first night. 

What was with the singing from Alex?  He certainly gets my vote for "vacant."  He has been resting on pretty for too long.  The man bun is a no go. 

Yes,   in addition to,  "gonna", " gone get"  and not being able to say trophy, Eric says "wif"instead of with .  If I were not already repulsed by him that would be the deal breaker.  A little disappointed he was in so many previews, but I summed  him  up from his picture.   

I think Peter has a speech impediment.  Some people say bland and slow, but I think that is part of his issue. I am going to ask my SLP friend what it is.....there is a reason why he hesitates when he is trying to get some words out. Wouldn't be surprised if he stuttered as a child.  I am sure he is glad that he is a former model so he did not have to buy clothing for the show. Clearly he learned, "What, and absolutely," just as Rachel has learned "exceeded expectations," and keeping it real or 100....which I thought no one said anymore. 

Rachel's hair and earrings were all wrong for the dress at the rose ceremony.  What is with these wraps?  First outfit I did not like.  I am not cooking at a grill in my over $400 dress......I know because I looked it up.  That is the best her hair has looked.  With this show's budget they could not invest in a non transferable lipstick?  Kat Von D liquid lip and a few others would have done a better job. No wonder they are sticking to neutrals. 

Kenny- the daughter talk is not taking you where you want it to go...and FYI, some of the black guys are "bugging" too. You are 35.  Dope should be out of your vocabulary.  I can only speak for myself, but being called DOPE is not a compliment. 

Don't know why Fred does not have a complex...or maybe he can get Rachel's therapist information...he will need it for the number of times she has called him "bad." 

Anthony and Jack creep me out for different reasons.  Adam and Bryce are right up there with them.  Lee's hair and Bryce's face are the stuff of nightmares.  

I think Jamey is afraid of Rachel.  He thinks she has the cooties.  I am not sure he knew who Kareem was. .

I am concerned about all the drinking on this show....and we are surprised when a former contestant/lead gets popped for DUI?  Not really. 

Lucas is on uppers and downers.  Casting really thought Lee wanted to have a relationship with Rachel?  These type of plants, like the fake Demario situation, is why I can't get into these shows.  Add the Lucas Blake drama and it is sad that they cast these people for drama. 

Diggy and Iggy need to go and take Jonathan with them.  Clearly Rachel likes kissing, but if she kisses Jonathan or Bryce on camera, I'm done.

Who thumb wrestles when you are past 8? Can they not afford air in that establisment? Iggy's sweat was concerning, as were the gold chains.  What real professional woman wants a man with tons of SHOES when you are talking about growing, marrying and having a family?  And really, I learned that he got "diggy" from you like my digs?  I can't stand people who go by a nickname, especially grown people who are about to have children. 

Wasn't an Ashton fan, and after seeing him on this show still not a fan. 

Dean- I don't know if I can kiss her, but I can keep my hand on her knee. 

Josiah's smile is also becoming creepy to me and a lot of the charm seems calculated.  He flat out talks too much.   

Maybe Peter seems so quiet because the rest of these guys are so loud.  He may not be as funny as some, but he did get in the line about most guys liking it when you touch them. I think people forget we don't see every conversation they have all day. Maybe he is just a good listener. 

Bryan- we get you are "good with your hands." I would hope so if you are giving adjustments.  Who wants to lie down inn a dress to get one?  I hope he uses good breath mints. 

Brady trying to look like he cares when Diggy is talking about Demario is everything. 

God I am old. What does it mean to "wife" somebody?  What is an ITM? 

I can't get over how much I used to like Chris Harrison on HGTV.  Who is this guy?   

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

He's notoriously...difficult. (Do not ask for his autograph.) He won multiple titles with the Lakers (my favorite team) and yet he's completely estranged from them. Magic has been involved in various capacities over the years and currently runs the show. Shaq left on bad terms in 2004 but they've made up and now he has a statue outside Staples. No plans for a Kareem statue at the moment.

Actually he's been a special assistant coach for the Lakers for quite some time.  He worked a lot with that horrible center (whose name escapes me right now...I've blocked him from my mind) who was an entitled little beezy IMO.  Kareem is very introverted and, yes, somewhat different. I (and quite a few people) feel that is why he isn't front and center for any team.  He has definitely said himself that he chooses to be his own person and do things his own way, which possibly does make for a difficult working relationship.  But I do believe he is valued by the organization.  

#LakersNation 

Edited by JenMcSnark
Because I don't know why I typed Sorry. lol
  • Love 2

Surprisingly, I am enjoying this show. I do DVR it and fast forward through the parts I have no interest in watching, but I like the bachelorette and most of the guys. It doesn't seem like it will be trashy like the last few shows.  Rachel seems like a real positive, hopeful person, not mean or nasty at all. So i will continue to watch and hope its more tasteful than past seasons. 

• Love 4