Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Week 2: Celebrity Guests

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And I giggled at seeing Adam Junior in the audience for the basketball game.

That was my favorite part of the 'game' actually.

Demario's spitting out 'Yes we had sexual intercourse.' when he wasn't being asked that was another in his series of epic fails during that convo. It was easy to sniff that rat out.

Speaking of fails, these guys have to stop going in for kisses with their mouths wide open. Who does that?

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yeah I didn't get it either but there was so much gushing that I thought maybe I just missed something. I've seen comments to the effect that this was one of the best first one on one dates they've ever seen on the show and it's like, "really...okay, to each his own."

I can see that, but I'm unabashedly a gusher. I was smitten by Peter and Rachel's first date because they were so freaking cute. Loved them talking about the gap in their teeth, and then about therapy. There seemed to be an ease between them, and I couldn't stop smiling.  I do see some chemistry with the other guys, but Rachel is so far knocking it it of the park. She's not annoying me like other bachelorette and bachelors have in the past, but it's only the second week so who knows.

• Love 14

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "S13.E02 Week 2"? If so, does anyone know how to change it?

I'm really enjoying this season and loving Rachel as the bachelorette. I haven't watched regularly since Emily's season, I believe.  I think all the guys are pretty good looking. Whenever people say how they don't think the guys are attractive, I just wonder where they live and what the guys look like there. Maybe I should consider moving to the land where these guys are considered ugly!  

• Love 15
(edited)

I can see that, but I'm unabashedly a gusher. I was smitten by Peter and Rachel's first date because they were so freaking cute. Loved them talking about the gap in their teeth, and then about therapy. There seemed to be an ease between them, and I couldn't stop smiling.  I do see some chemistry with the other guys, but Rachel is so far knocking it it of the park. She's not annoying me like other bachelorette and bachelors have in the past, but it's only the second week so who knows.

YMMV I just felt while watching the Rachel and Peter date that SHE certainly seems really, really into him. So in that vein, I can see why so many are predicting him to win. What I didn't get was much from his end. He seemed to like her well enough, seems like a nice enough guy but I just didn't really get any real heat from his end towards her, especially in comparison to how she looked ready to elope with him. And when I say heat, I'm not talking about them tonguing each other down a la her and Bryan.

I'm referring to just some sort of real kind of intimacy. I don't know if I can explain it. I just feel like I didn't really get a read on Peter last week, which was fine, it was the first episode but I still don't have a read on him now. And Rachel was so gushy in her ITM about all these amazing attributes he has and the passion and connection and I didn't feel like I saw any of that. It was like her words weren't matching what I was watching.

Honestly, in as simple terms as possible, I just felt after watching their date that Rachel was more into Peter than he was into her. It pains me to say it, but I got Des and Brooks vibe. But now to be fair, the season just started and they had only just met on this date. 

eta: And on a completely separate note, I like Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis just fine but I'd hardly call them A-Listers. Yes, they're certainly fairly famous and both steadily working but I'd put them more at B-List.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

YMMV I just felt while watching the Rachel and Peter date that SHE certainly seems really, really into him. So in that vein, I can see why so many are predicting him to win. What I didn't get was much from his end. He seemed to like her well enough, seems like a nice enough guy but I just didn't really get any real heat from his end towards her, especially in comparison to how she looked ready to elope with him. And when I say heat, I'm not talking about them tonguing each other down a la her and Bryan.

I'm referring to just some sort of real kind of intimacy. I don't know if I can explain it. I just feel like I didn't really get a read on Peter last week, which was fine, it was the first episode but I still don't have a read on him now. And Rachel was so gushy in her ITM about all these amazing attributes he has and the passion and connection and I didn't feel like I saw any of that. It was like her words weren't matching what I was watching.

Honestly, in as simple terms as possible, I just felt after watching their date that Rachel was more into Peter than he was into her. It pains me to say it, but I got Des and Brooks vibe. But now to be fair, the season just started and they had only just met on this date. 

eta: And on a completely separate note, I like Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis just fine but I'd hardly call them A-Listers. Yes, they're certainly fairly famous and both steadily working but I'd put them more at B-List.

In his defense, that is exactly how I would play it.  If I were in the house where someone was dating 20+ other men and we had just started "the journey,"  I doubt I would be letting it all hang out there...especially someone who said he'd had his heart broken a few times.   Rachel has been through the process so she knows the urgency of letting your interest show.  I can't say, but it seemed to me in some of his comments he made it clear he was interested in her.  What I found interesting is that he must have known it was Rachel because he said something about his father saying she seems great. I know too that some men like to be chased and in this instance if any I could see a man wanting real validation before investing.  It is not like he doesn't see her interactions with other men. In real time this would have probably been like a week or so after he met her, so I don't think it would have been realistic for him to be head over heels. That is actually what turns me off about some of the other men.  I hope he is genuine because I think so far he has shown more maturity than most of the men there. 

I also, however, saw some red flags.  The comment about jumping into relationships, something about hoping to move from Madison (I am not sure that was tied to her or just in general-like I hope my career takes off again) and a couple of other things. 

I was impressed that he easily admitted to going to therapy.   I guess we will see where it goes. Right now it seems to me like she is going to be all ga ga over Bryan more than anybody else.   "I missed you."  Really??!!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I think the DeMario situation was staged. Rachel's reaction seemed fake and over-the-top considering she really doesn't know these guys well enough to really FEEL the "get the fuck out" and it was obvious. And then crying like, "I'm so annoyed, I don't even want to do this anymore, I don't want to talk about it (through tears)". Does she really care that much for DeMario?? Who cares? It seemed staged for the "Rachel is a strong woman" angle. And also for the "I don't want to be played" lecture. I think she knew beforehand. 

You now have permission to start jumping all over my ass because I didn't buy Rachel's performance. Although, if you watch it again, maybe you'll see what I mean.

I don't think it was fake but I do think Rachel knew about DeMario's girlfriend and was in on the decision about when to bring her on. I was thinking about the contract she and her lawyer and her family's lawyers negotiated before she agreed to do this show, and I bet she has much more control of events and how she will be portrayed. I'm loving her so much, and she has the greatest group of guys.

What I'm not loving? The missing rose ceremony.

• Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Is this the 1st time the lead has brought a pet? Didn't notice the cast on Copper last episode.

I'm impressed TB brought out some big dogs, AK and MK are A-list.

The 1st group date was boring. Blake is like last year's Taylor, only there to obsess about another contestant.

I'm not buying the drama with Demario, it sounded like some fake bs made for tv like on Jerry Springer. That lounge on the 2nd group date was beautiful.

Loved the matching gaps between Rachel and Peter and the chemistry. 

Definitely saw the cast a few time on the first episode.  Still waiting for the story.  I hope Rachel didn't let him out and he ran into the street.  She would have so much guilt about something like that.  She didn't want to talk about the accident so it might be deep for her.

I really like Rachel and Peter but I wonder if it's because he so good looking. They would have some really good looking gap tooth kids though.  In some areas of Africa a gap tooth is a sign of beauty.  At least that was a traditional beauty pre-Colonial.   I don't know if western custom has eliminated that idea.  

So who do you think hit him? I hope it isn't Josiah.   He seems to have of come from a bit of a rough background or the wrong side of the street. I don't think that Rachel would be impressed with that way of expressing his manhood.  Wouldn't it be funny if the fake out is that the security busted his eye pulling him away from the crowd? Anyway, I'm in for the next episode. I don't think I've watched the bachelor or the bachelorette since Trista but they pulled me back in.  I watched it yesterday on the repeat cause I have no life.

Edited by Kira53
Spelling\poor proofing
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kj

I think Rachel was very upset because she had just begun talking about having feelings for DeMario. And DeMario being one of the taller better looking brothers was charismatic with a very confident swagger.  He has a highly paid job, he was quite charismatic and macho about himself.   Skeptical woman like Rachel would usually be seeing him as a player but he was getting to her a little bit and she was starting to trust that he was there for her. The suspicious part of Rachel was also wondering whether the show was playing her for a fool. That's the wanting to quit. Do you think the show would ever be so cynical as to send in a girl to lie I want to contest it just the muddy up the water and create controversy? I think the show could get sued for something like that.  When she was questioning DeMario her attorney side came out.  No nonsense questions and conclusions.

Now I do see producers and bring him up to come back to talk to her and smooth it out for his career and his further dating his cover as to what his character is. The powers that be would love  The come back. I remember I saw part of the season were somebody came back the evil guy or something to cause controversy in a Bachelor season .  

Edited by Kira53
Qouble quote. Then lost all quotes. Doing this on an iPad is a problem. No efficient.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, UGAmp said:

Ugh. Another season of To Be Continued "cliffhangers". I don't know why they pull this garbage. Are there really that many casual viewers of the bachelorette that leaving them hanging one episode is going to get them back the next week (or set a season pass on their DVR)? I want a rose ceremony every episode, dangit!

I totally agree. I hate that their doing this again. RC's at the start of the show just aren't right. Seems so out of place. I like when they are held at the end of the show because it's the bookend to the episode. Next week fresh start. I wonder if fans complained enough if it would make the producers stop. Probably not but wow that's so annoying.

I know it's not wise sometimes to form early impressions of the contestants, as the producers love to play with the editing, but I really don't like Lee. That could change of course since it's so early in the season but I don't think so. He's your classic troublemaker that loves to instigate drama. He strikes me as the little dog  in a pack of bigger dogs who barks excessively to get a fight started with another big dog but when the dog strikes he runs back to his bigger friends to fight for him..lol.  That's what I thought of when he was stirring up Fred and running into the mansion to alert the other guys that DeMario was back.

Ditto most posters impression of Peter and the date. I actually liked what some thought of as dull personality. It strikes me as he's really taking this seriously so he's not rushing and wants to get to know Rachel better. Some come off so fake with their canned responses and coming on to fast. He's just being him. I think that's what Rachel liked and appreciated about him especially if she's really looking for a husband. That kind of quite, reserved, steadfast demeanor usually lasts for the long haul. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I liked the date with Peter too but it may be because I'm from WI/the midwest and that laid back demeanor feels familiar to me.  It doesn't indicate interest or lack thereof. 

I mean...he did bring up their gap-toothed children. 

One thing, as a dog auntie, that I did love was how attentive to Copper he was and that may have made her gush more than anything else.  It wasn't just that he petted the dog.  But he watched the dog and made comments about what he thought the dog was doing (he's going to go into the water).  And then he picked the dog up to dance with it.  I can't speak for Rachel* but if you think I'm the greatest, I'm slightly embarrassed.  But if you tell me my nephew dog is the greatest, I'm super flattered. And have warm feelings toward you.  And think you're super smart.  Logical?  No.  But it is what it is.

*But c'mon, she took him to a doggie pool party on their first date so I doubt I'm far off. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 22

Missed the first part of the episode. On second watch, is Iggy sweating or is that product in his hair?  When he is speaking with her after the group date?  What is up with all the strange hair on this show?  Blake's hair is giving me a strange feeling.  Coupled with his jaw....by the way, what is with all these strange faces?  Blake, Lucas, Eric, Lee and Bryce off the top of my head. 

Dean talks behind his teeth or doesn't move his lips or something.  Super smiley. 

• Love 2

I'm shutting it down for the night. Trying to do this and watch recorded tennis matches...argh.  Can I say that I am really touched by the University of Phoenix commercial? Forget Rachel, when she gets her degree at the end of the commercial I am in tears! 

• Love 4

At the Barkfest in Palm Springs, when they were dancing and Peter was holding Copper with his cast bobbing in the air, I fell in love.  With both of them. 

Peter, grab DeMario's plane ticket for Vegas (he won't be needing it anymore), and you, Rachel and Copper take that private jet and be on your way.  

I wonder if Copper will make the international trips?  He certainly seems to know his way around limos and private planes!  Dogs are such amazing judges of character, I'm glad Copper clearly liked Peter.  She should put him around the Whaboom guy and I'm pretty sure he would growl.  

• Love 13
6 hours ago, MsPH said:

They did things a bit differently this season and introduced Rachel to four of the guys live on Nick's After the Final Rose special. That was a few days before filming began and that's where the girlfriend saw Demario. The basketball date was filmed about a week after that.

Thank you! I had no idea DeMario was one of the guys Rachel met on that after show. I'd heard about it, but didn't see it. That makes sense, then.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, slade3 said:

I agree some of the DeMario stuff seemed staged. The girlfriend originally said DeMario was with her 3 days before she saw him on TV. When DeMario came out, she said she had seen him weeks before she saw him on TV. But how would either scenario be possible? Aren't we all seeing the show for the first time? And we know it's all been taped since Rachel keeps telling the media she made a choice. So DeMario's girlfriend must have been told about DeMario being on the show, right? Unless she meant she saw him in a commercial or clip? Does anyone know when this show was filmed?

Rachel cleared that up:  4 bachelors were "previewed" on the Women Tell Episode which was showed just before the Bachelorette started filming and that's where the girlfriend saw DeMario.

And in episode 1, didn't Raven or someone warn her about him?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Speaking of fails, these guys have to stop going in for kisses with their mouths wide open. Who does that?

Yes, please, camera men, close ups of kissing are just never pretty.

7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I agree. Rachel may be a smitten kitten but Peter seemed a tiny bit behind the curve.  He started out acting like the gap tooth thing was a problem they both shared, then when Rachel explained that she thought of it as an asset, a sign of "character," he failed to go with that.  Then it took him forever to figure out that she was saying she went to therapy after her last break up, too, and she thought that was a cool thing they had in common. 

Dean, on the other hand, seemed to be exactly on her wave length and they laughed easily at the same things.  I really like them together.

Josiah sure stepped up his game.  I loved seeing his protective side.  I could see that aspect is a turn-on for Rachel as it is for me.

DeMario was gone before the girlfriend showed up.  Rachel is too smart to keep a guy who talks constantly in an endless, repetitive loop about how great he is.  I felt sorry for the other men who had to listen to him.  I hope the girl-friend gets her key back and never lets him in again.

The good thing about the Demario incident, was that the whole atmosphere changed from a bunch of men on job interviews, to men who, because of her tears, suddenly saw Rachel as a real woman and not just the star of the show.  All of a sudden strong men were there wanting to hold and kiss her and I could feel it go from "being on TV" to romance.  Yay!

• Love 9

I thought Rachel and Copper and Peter were cute together.  He really rolled with it when she told him it was a 2 - 1 date.  I thought they had good chemistry.

Rachel and Dean got along well too, but he's only 25.  Could be a problem.  Not sure about Josiah and his protective side.  Seemed a bit over the top for the situation... protection can become smothering... but she loved it and that's what counts.

And add me to the list of those who hate "...to be continued".

• Love 9

Love how much easier it is to remember who's who when the cast has more diversity.  The ones i cant remember? The generic white guys.  When Jamey finally got a chyron at the end of the show, I was like, "oooooooohhhhhh.  Jamey!"   Im normally doing that with 10 men at this point.  

Loved everythink about the product placement Copper date.  That dog is cute.  My guess? He stayed with someone while Rachel was filming Nick's season and got loose and got hurt.  Hence his participation now... 

Loved the silly obstacle course.  Loved Ashton and Mila.  Loved less? Those guys!

• Love 6

Did it bother anyone else when Ashton said he knew Mila was the one the first day he met her? Why'd he marry someone else first!? I could feel Demi Moore just cringing at home (since all the celebrities watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette now).

Last night was my first instance of, "Who's that? Has he always been on the show?" That happened when they cut to Adam. I think he must teleport in and out or something because I saw him once and then never saw him again.

Peter got the easiest date I've ever seen in my life. Playing with a dog on a jet, at a party, at dinner. It reminds me of these memes:

IMG_1353.JPG

• Love 12

Bachelorette drinking game word:  "guys."  There will be no survivors.

Which brings up an interesting point (well, to me, anyway--I don't think Peter is all that handsome, and I'm feeling a little lonely in my opinions):  The male bachelors are often criticized for referring to the female combatants as "girls," and I generally agree that it's troublesome.  But really, what choice do they have? 

You have "men" and "women."  But there's no female equivalent for "guys."  It's not "ladies," and "girls" is fraught.  I was replacing "guys" with "men" every time Rachel said it, and it made for terrible results.

10 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher were surprisingly funny. First, with the "Does everyone here have a job?" line from Mila and then when Iggy said "You're setting the bar kinda low" she clapped back "Have you seen The Bachelor?"   Ha!

And then, Ashton's "I am not amused" face when Whaboom did his Whaboom thing.

And another poster cited Mila Kunis literally falling on the ground laughing.  I thought that segment was fun, but thought Lucas should have been disqualified because of his push.

9 hours ago, catrice2 said:

I missed Adam Junior. 

Me, too.  That segment from the previous episode where they had him speaking in subtitled French has me rolling--I watched it twice.

And I swear I heard the chiropractor call himself a "chiropractic physician" more than once.  Puh-leez.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Kareem was once a favorite player of mine, but I have always found him a little strange, which was confirmed by his appearance on the show.

He's notoriously...difficult. (Do not ask for his autograph.) He won multiple titles with the Lakers (my favorite team) and yet he's completely estranged from them. Magic has been involved in various capacities over the years and currently runs the show. Shaq left on bad terms in 2004 but they've made up and now he has a statue outside Staples. No plans for a Kareem statue at the moment.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Which brings up an interesting point (well, to me, anyway--I don't think Peter is all that handsome, and I'm feeling a little lonely in my opinions): 

I think he's good looking but definitely not the hottest guy I've ever seen on this show and he does nothing for me because I still think his personality so far has been kind of bland. He seems like a nice enough guy but pretty boy nice guys don't do it for me. I like quirks or snark or some kind of weirdness but that's just me. 

2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I agree. Rachel may be a smitten kitten but Peter seemed a tiny bit behind the curve.  He started out acting like the gap tooth thing was a problem they both shared, then when Rachel explained that she thought of it as an asset, a sign of "character," he failed to go with that.  Then it took him forever to figure out that she was saying she went to therapy after her last break up, too, and she thought that was a cool thing they had in common. 

And don't forget Rachel having to practically shove her face up at him for him to get the hint to kiss her after she'd just given him the rose. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Rachel cleared that up:  4 bachelors were "previewed" on the Women Tell Episode which was showed just before the Bachelorette started filming and that's where the girlfriend saw DeMario.

And in episode 1, didn't Raven or someone warn her about him?

Yes, someone already told me. My response is directly above yours. But thank you.

44 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I read that Blake did indeed leave for a family emergency, but they didn't edit it that way.

I wish they had shown that, but maybe he requested they keep it private. He seemed very disappointed he wasn't chosen, but I don't remember much footage of him, so it would make sense that he wasn't there but returned for the rose ceremony.

10 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And don't forget Rachel having to practically shove her face up at him for him to get the hint to kiss her after she'd just given him the rose. 

This was the moment my husband covered his face and couldn't watch anymore. We thought the date was cute, and we both liked Peter, but Rachel was really showing her cards. My husband kept saying, "She's the bachelorette! He's the one who should be working hard." And I agreed. Peter isn't going anywhere unless she boots him, so she didn't have to cling to him. (By the end, my husband decided he wouldn't be watching anymore It was his first and last time. Oh, well.)

I agree Peter isn't the best looking man I've ever seen, but I liked the way he carried himself. I think both Peter and Blake K don't make for great television because they're so reserved, but it's good for them in the end. I'm not a fan of Peter's gap teeth (no offense), and I wish he would shave, but I think he has a great smile and a nice physique.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, lids said:

Did it bother anyone else when Ashton said he knew Mila was the one the first day he met her? Why'd he marry someone else first!? I could feel Demi Moore just cringing at home (since all the celebrities watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette now).

I didn't think of Demi.  My thoughts went to the fact that she was 14 when she got her part on That 70s Show.  Really, Ashton?  That's when you knew? (Not that their 5 year age gap is anything now but back then?  Highly doubt a 18/19 year old Ashton was dying to spend the rest of his life with a 14 year old.)

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, lids said:

The first day they met, Ashton might have known Mila was the one, but the timing probably wasn't right.  I don't think Demi came into the picture until years later.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

The first day they met, Ashton might have known Mila was the one, but the timing probably wasn't right.  I don't think Demi came into the picture until years later.  

Well and there was that whole issue of Mila being only 14 when That 70's Show (where they met) first started and Ashton being 19/20. She admitted she lied in the audition process and said she was 16 so she could get the job. 

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And, there are a LOT of men that I'm attracted to this season.  I don't know all their names but there's a lot of cute /hot guys.... Even if I'm not super attracted to someone, like Eric, he still seems cool.  

This! Usually, there are only 1 maybe 2 guys I find attractive (I didn't watch all the seasons though) but this season I am feeling quite a few of them.

I think Dean is adorable and I like him and Rachel together and I don't have a problem at all with age differences, but he does kinda feel too young for her. He appears to be the best kisser though imo. Their kiss was the only one that didn't look awkward in some way to me.

The Peter date was fun. I like him. He does seem more reserved than what I thought Rachel's type was but that might be a good thing. I find Peter intriguing, probably because he's so reserved and quiet. I feel like he's holding something back and I wanna know what it is! I also wanna know how Copper broke his leg.

I'm still really enjoying this season, but Nick's season started out well for me too and it went downhill real fast so.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

This.. my husband and I knew each other for 10 years before we even started dating. We were friends through our relationships with others. Now he always jokes he knew I was the one but he was playing the long game.. the ten year plan. I suspect Ashton and Mila make similar jokes.

• Love 7
(edited)

I thought the first kiss between Rachel/Peter was also about awkward and unsure timing, they were actually hugging at first so I can understand why maybe Peter would think "ah a hug" lol Dean also had the same sort of reaction where he was not sure if going in for kiss was a good idea. I thought the second kiss you could tell Rachel/Peter were on the same wavelength there. But Rachel was so into him, reminded me of past leads who fell quite early on.

About the first group date apart from Dean I do think all those guys will be going soon, Rachel was not really connecting with anyone and was just bored throughout. 

Edited by roses
  • Love 12
(edited)
12 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

That was my favorite part of the 'game' actually.

Demario's spitting out 'Yes we had sexual intercourse.' when he wasn't being asked that was another in his series of epic fails during that convo. It was easy to sniff that rat out.

And I giggled at seeing Adam Junior in the audience for the basketball game.

In a blink-or-you-miss-it moment, he was also seen floating in the pool.  

Edited by b2H
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, GracieK said:

I'm surprised so many people hated the first date. I think Ashton and Mila are cool and down to Earth A/B listers and Mila falling to the ground laughing cracked me up. Plus it was a relatively short segment and really I thought the husband material obstacle course was fun. I don't know why I'm being such a fan girl right now because normally I'm the biggest snarker but I really loved this episode. And I want to see Copper on every date going forward! 

I'm actually a pretty big Ashton fan, and a huge Mila fan.  But the whole thing was so tacky, awkward, boring, and like other people said, the rules didn't make sense and it ended up being meaningless and a waste of time.  I was so shocked and impressed the show got them, but then the actual segment?  I was so disappointed.  I thought the rest of the episode was GOLD, though.  Loved it.  Loved all the dates, the drama, the guys, and of course Copper.

Ashton also dated Brittany Murphy before he was with Demi Moore!  (Rest in peace darling.)  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

Count me in on the Peter love train.  What a cutie pie, actually a lot of guts this season are extremely attractive!   Gotta say I LOLed at Lucas during the group date.  Watching him during the husband material challenge was too funny.  Yeah he's annoying at times but in this case I enjoyed his goofiness and not taking the challenge to seriously.  And props to the pro wrestler guy who got shoved for not getting mad.  Blake on the other hand gave leave my TV.  Ugh what a whiny baby.  Seems to be one every season

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm actually a pretty big Ashton fan, and a huge Mila fan.  But the whole thing was so tacky, awkward, boring, and like other people said, the rules didn't make sense and it ended up being meaningless and a waste of time.  I was so shocked and impressed the show got them, but then the actual segment?  I was so disappointed.  I thought the rest of the episode was GOLD, though.  Loved it.  Loved all the dates, the drama, the guys, and of course Copper.

It definitely wasn't a smooth competition and a bit of a shit show but I guess that's what I found funny about it lol. Better than a bunch of people being forced to play volleyball for hours anyway!  

• Love 7

I thought the (ex)girlfriend was full of crap.  As someone else pointed out, her story changed throughout the bit.  And she did come across as being a little psycho.  DeMario's reaction, to me, was one of "oh, f***, this psycho is here, now, on TV??" and he was trying to defend himself without making the psycho look bad.  Was he totally 100% innocent?  No, he did seem a little bit shifty about something, but I don't think he's some big bad cheater who walked away from his serious girlfriend to be on a TV show.

Lucas - I can't figure this guy out.  He definitely seems like a major attention-seeker, but then sometimes he seems really nice and genuine.  But he is annoying as shit, so I hope he doesn't last long.

• Love 5

A number of you mentioned DeMario's "Who's this?" But you neglected to mention the absolute best split-second of the show immediately BEFORE he said that. He sees her and gives an "Oh-ho-ho!" neverous laugh and look of shock, recognizing he was busted. But then you can see his brain decide to play it off that he doesn't know her, and takes all of his strength and acting skills to pull his face into a measured look of consternation and says, "Who's this?" I nearly fell off my couch from laughing so hard! Of course, he also just as quickly realized that pretending he didn't know her AT ALL wasn't going to work and then decided to go on a sliding scale of how well they knew each other and the last time they were together. If only DeMario wasn't one of the first guys to appear on LIVE television the night before filming, he might have been able to get away with it...at least until the jilted lover could sell her story to Us Weekly.

i feel like both of the competitions were fixed. Well, we saw Waaabooom (made sure I got those three A's and four O's) cheated a bit. But how the hell did the white team beat the purple team in basketball?! Purple had all of the super-athletic-looking guys and DeMario hanging from the hoop dunking left and right. White team had all of the wimpy-looking guys that looked like they might have been equipment managers or marching band members. Then again, maybe purple team had too many super stars trying to show off their own skills rather than team players.

Rachel REALLY likes Peter. I think it's a good sign that they've both worked on themselves in therapy. You have to recognize your own issues. Too many people "blame" their partners without understanding why they choose these partners or what triggers they have, etc. Reminds me of when I first started dating my husband. We were both divorced and going through that self discovery. He gave me a codependency book on our third date, lol. Need to go adjust my Bachelorette bracket to add Peter in my top picks!

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, Canada said:

I thought the (ex)girlfriend was full of crap.  As someone else pointed out, her story changed throughout the bit.  And she did come across as being a little psycho.  DeMario's reaction, to me, was one of "oh, f***, this psycho is here, now, on TV??" and he was trying to defend himself without making the psycho look bad.  Was he totally 100% innocent?  No, he did seem a little bit shifty about something, but I don't think he's some big bad cheater who walked away from his serious girlfriend to be on a TV show.

I read that DeMario didn't go through the same process as the other contestants because he was recruited when a producer spotted him at a Chipotle restaurant. Since I think a lot of these guys come on the show to be on TV, the argument that he wasn't there for Rachel seems a bit weak to me. If you walk up to men and ask them to do a show like The Bachelorette, they will most likely say yes because it's flattering. No doubt he handled it poorly and should have broken up with his girlfriend, but it's the shows fault for recruiting someone without fully vetting them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I didn't realize that they had so many guys sharing the same room in the house.  What were there ... three (or four) sets of bunk beds in the room when they showed the guys getting ready?  And so many clothes and stuff all over the place.  Bet it smells real good too .... NOT!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

DeMario was gone before the girlfriend showed up.  Rachel is too smart to keep a guy who talks constantly in an endless, repetitive loop about how great he is.  I felt sorry for the other men who had to listen to him.  I hope the girl-friend gets her key back and never lets him in again.

Rachel being as intelligent and mature as she is you would think so but there seems to be a long history on this show of bad behavior by contestants who put on the charm for the lead but are horrible to the other contestants. And then when the other contestant feels forced to say something they are often ostracized by the lead. And Rachel did seem to really be warming up to him as evidenced by her voice over and ITM during the basketball game.

I do agree with you for the most part however. I think she would have eventually been on to him but with this show nothing surprises me.

3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

You could be right but I think it's a little early to call that now. I saw his responses as more measured and cautious than any perceived lack of interest on his part. He struck me as someone who even though they may be good looking isn't totally at ease or confident when he's getting to know someone. And the fact that he mentioned seeing a therapist because of hurtful past relationships would imply caution too. I can't help but think too that some of the best relationships don't start out fiery. Sometimes the fiery start burns out quick and the slow burning builds to a satisfying glow that endures the test of time.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, PreviouslyTV said:

Rachel Lindsay literally gets dunked on…but returns the favor with authority.

View the full article

And it's another podcast (32 minutes long), not an article. :( Maybe it would help to say "Listen to the full podcast" instead, so people like me who can't focus on a podcast won't bother to click on your link?.

• Love 16

I'm loving this show. The last time I watched anything Bachelor/Ette related was Trista and Ryan's wedding.

I'm in love with Copper! And I find Rachel gorgeous and charming. I'm a straight woman but her in those leggings? Yowza.

I liked the Peter date and I agree with those who thought he was reserved. Hopefully that changes soon because she's obviously into him.

• Love 3

Is the podcast now going to be the sole coverage of the Bachelorette? No crazy faces? No text watch/skip? I can't listen as easily as I can read and I want to have my cake and eat it too.

• Love 7