Type keyword(s) to search

Miracle Workers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, mammaM said:

He's the youngest, mom and dad spoiled him 😉

This was weird that God is the "youngest" even though the little girl was there- maybe part of her living on an utopian planet is that no one grows older there?

So I binge watched the first half of this like two weeks ago, then watched the last few episodes tonight.

This show seems like it is built to bingewatch. It's not the Good Place (But I did not expect anything near that when I watched it), but it is fun - I hope they do not have a second season or anything, keep it as an oddball miniseries and it'll be a fun afternoon of bingeing for future audiences.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, meatball77 said:

The poor guy who works in the department of clouds.  Sometimes he makes shapes but no one notices.

And no one looks up anymore.  **sigh**

It was fun seeing the exit interviews. I liked the northern lights staffer who wanted to branch out in other directions. Literally other directions: western lights, eastern lights. 

• Love 9

Awwww, everyone pulled together to save the world, and God got invited to the party! I love how every week, someone else would get added to the team trying to save the world, and then for the finale, the whole of Heaven Inc was working together to try and save Earth. And after all their attempts at making things go their way, they just let things play out naturally.

I was a bit meh on the show at first, but it slowly charmed me as the season went on. This being an anthology show, I wonder what the next season will be like? 

The nipples lady originally wanted male nipples to squirt orange juice. And poor cloud guy puts so much effort into his cloud designs...

• Love 3

I really loved this little show!  Of course I knew everything would work out in the end, but I was still on the edge of my seat and threw up my hands in celebration when Sam and Lauren kissed and saved the world ❤️  I think the newscaster might have been my favorite character.

• Love 3

OJ squirting nipples!

Bug controlling helmets!

Exit interviews ("I just get stoned")!

And at the end, dancing under the earthlight  

I liked this show alot, hope next season is just as good.   Does anyone know if the same cast is coming back? I know it's an anthology but is next season set in heaven with a new miracle to do or a completely new story?

• Love 1

I don't know anything about what they might do in a future season, but Radcliffe said in an interview that he wouldn't be playing the same character if there was another season, that part of why he signed on was so he could play different roles. So I'm guessing they might change quite a bit!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Details on season 2 -

TBS has ordered a second season of Miracle Workers, its anthology comedy that will move stars Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi from heaven to the depths of medieval times.

Geraldine Viswanathan and Karan Soni also star in the Broadway Video series created by Simon Rich. Its inaugural season saw Radcliffe playing a low-level angel responsible for handling all of humanity’s prayers. His boss, God (Buscemi), had His fill of Earth and planned simply to blow it up and move on. The band of angels were out to prevent that.

The core four cast members return for Season 2 of Miracle Workers, which will be a medieval story about friendship, family and trying not to be murdered. It revolves around a group of villagers in the dark ages trying to stay positive in an age of inequality and fake news.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I dunno whether I like it or not, its a bit odd and reminds me so much of Disentchantmend. Annoyingly, its pretty far removed from the premise of the show in the first season - I would have preferred if they had continued with a more meta or supernatural setup (demons, faeries, ancient mythology)

I miss Craig's bog.

Edited by Aulty

The first iteration was cleverer, I think.  This go round is too broad.  I mean, her last name is Shitcatcher?  That doesn't even reach fifth grade humor.  I did like Steve Buscemi's ever present smile and sunny disposition.

How would the king not have forced Prince Chauncely to have sword fighting training from childhood?

11 hours ago, Frost said:

I mean, her last name is Shitcatcher?  That doesn't even reach fifth grade humor. 

ShitSHOVELER, actually!  Call me a 4th grader, but I found the alliteration delightful.

• Love 8

I may have a lowbrow sense of humor, but I'm loving it so far.  The medieval setting with Buscemi saying things like "hold on cowboy" and the teens acting like current teens I found funny. The play on names being based on occupations passed down through families, like Baker, and then we have Shitshoveler.

I also loved the higher education. The Earth is flat, Satan is real, (and I forgot the third one.) 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, nokat said:

I may have a lowbrow sense of humor, but I'm loving it so far.  The medieval setting with Buscemi saying things like "hold on cowboy" and the teens acting like current teens I found funny. The play on names being based on occupations passed down through families, like Baker, and then we have Shitshoveler.

I also loved the higher education. The Earth is flat, Satan is real, (and I forgot the third one.) 

And the sun is crazy

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, nokat said:

The show is clearly an over the top, stylized version of the Middle Ages so it shouldn't be taken seriously, but since the flat Earth myth annoys me, I'll just say here that the ancient Greeks figured out that the Earth is a sphere, and it never really fell out of wider belief in Europe once it spread (particularly among the educated).

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2020 at 11:39 AM, Lovecat said:

ShitSHOVELER, actually!  Call me a 4th grader, but I found the alliteration delightful.

I giggled every time they asked Wesley Pervert what he did for a living. It was such a Monty Python-esque joke to me.

The mix of a dark ages setting with modern dialogue was a little weird to me at first, but I think it's quirkiness will grow on me over time.

I'm so glad Daniel Radcliffe is doing more comedy. I think he's so delightful and his delivery makes me giddy.

There was a short clip from Radcliffe where he stated he wanted this show to be the American Horror Story of comedy. If it gives me more of this cast, yes please! 😁

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Catfi9ht said:

There was a short clip from Radcliffe where he stated he wanted this show to be the American Horror Story of comedy. If it gives me more of this cast, yes please! 😁

Brilliant!! I love this cast so that's a big yes!

And add me to the list of mental 10 year-olds who giggled every time Shitshoveler and Pervert were mentioned. 

• Love 1

No supernatural elements this time, right? I'm trying to figure out what the miracle part is.

I have a really powerful aversion to anything about this era, and it's hard for me to get past it to enjoy the humor-- and I do see and appreciate the humor, in the abstract. I would probably enjoy hearing about this season more than I'm going to be able to enjoy actually watching it.

How many episodes are there, does anyone know?

On 1/31/2020 at 7:40 PM, Perfect Xero said:

Did I miss her or is the actress who played Laura not part of the show this season?

I didn't see her either, but I don't want to visit IMDB and possibly spoil anything. However, I wanted to let you know you weren't the only one that noticed she was missing! 😀

• Love 1
On 2/5/2020 at 12:15 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I love that this show manages to be silly, sweet, smart, and funny every week. The answers for the pub trivia were hilarious!

I loved "No asking the Oracle!"

• Love 3

There were a few unexpected plot turns for me.

I fully expected Ally to become the new town doctor. I'm really glad they went the more "realistic" route of Ally admitting she didn't know anything and wasn't remotely qualified to try to treat anyone. 

I expected Chauncley to treat Mikey nicely by letting him keep the duck the first time. It makes sense that even though Chauncley is not a war-monger like his dad he'd still be a jerk because that's how he was taught to treat people.

Maybe those things were obvious to other folks, but this show has been funny, joyful, and unexpected for me. I really enjoy all the characters in this show so far even the trio who are perpetually mean to Ally. I even got my husband to watch this season and he usually doesn't like anything! 🤣

• Love 4

@Catfi9ht I totally agree - I like that the show chooses the less expected route. As much as I wanted to see Alexandra succeed (mostly to spite her rival), I liked that she went back to the old family shit shoveling. Same goes for the prince. He might be less of a violent tyrant than his father, but he's still a spoiled and entitled brat. Realizing that he could carry his second jacket cracked me up.

• Love 4