Type keyword(s) to search

Elizabeth Gillies as Fallon Carrington: Heiress not Victorious

Well I just watched her in the trailer for this show and she's god awful in it.  She just pales in comparison to nearly everyone else in holding her own in a scene.  Terrible.

On 5/26/2017 at 9:21 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Elizabeth does bitch well, but I'm curious to see if she can do more than that.

She was in "Victorious," a Nick sitcom with Victoria Justice. She was the "bad girl" to Tori's "good girl," so, yes, she has "bitch" down pat.  

2 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

She was in "Victorious," a Nick sitcom with Victoria Justice. She was the "bad girl" to Tori's "good girl," so, yes, she has "bitch" down pat.  

Yeah, I remember her from that. She was good at bitch, but I don't know if she can do "layered" bitch.

• Love 2

I thought she did well in the two seasons she did of Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll; that was a more layered role. I was really impressed with her pipes more than anything. Girl can SING.

• Love 1

I feel like the problem is that for the character of Fallon (as written here) to work, she needs to have a vulnerable side, ala Leighton Meissner's Blair Waldorf did. This one doesn't. She just seems like cold-stone bitch all the way.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

I think they've started that with this past episode.  Having Blake, Jeff and Michael all turn on her so harshly seems to have rattled her.   She won't change overnight, and she'll never be a do-gooder like Steven (and please don't like her become a drip like Emma Samms Fallon) but it did seem to be a wake up call for her.  

23 hours ago, Maverick said:

I think they've started that with this past episode.  Having Blake, Jeff and Michael all turn on her so harshly seems to have rattled her.   She won't change overnight, and she'll never be a do-gooder like Steven (and please don't like her become a drip like Emma Samms Fallon) but it did seem to be a wake up call for her.  

I don't quite remember Fallon's storyline as much, but didn't she basically go over to the Crystle side of things? I could've sworn she eventually does see Crystle like a mother/confidant, which enrages Alexis.

Can't see that happening here, as Cristal doesn't come off as maternal a.k.a. the "Empty-armed Madonna" like Crystle did. And they only seem to be about 10 years apart in age.

Edited by methodwriter85

I honestly can’t tell if it’s the acting, the writing or the directing / editing of the show into short, choppy superficial scenes.   But we’re given no opportunity to try and like Fallon.  

She behaves like a smirking, entitled jerk for most of her scenes.   Then her father finally kicks her out of the nest for publically humiliating his wife and, basically, the whole family by broadcasting the sex tape of Cristal.   Then she pouts to Jeff Colby about being abandoned and the fool falls for it.   Oh, boo hoo, you didn’t get the promotion you wanted and you don’t like your stepmom because she got the job you wanted, and you finally got called out on your juvenile behavior.

I get that she has valid issues because her mother left, and I get that she’s thrown by her new stepmom being both super young AND her new boss.  But they haven’t shown me enough to justify her attitude to date.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

I honestly can’t tell if it’s the acting, the writing or the directing / editing of the show into short, choppy superficial scenes.   But we’re given no opportunity to try and like Fallon.  

She behaves like a smirking, entitled jerk for most of her scenes.   Then her father finally kicks her out of the nest for publically humiliating his wife and, basically, the whole family by broadcasting the sex tape of Cristal.   Then she pouts to Jeff Colby about being abandoned and the fool falls for it.   Oh, boo hoo, you didn’t get the promotion you wanted and you don’t like your stepmom because she got the job you wanted, and you finally got called out on your juvenile behavior.

I get that she has valid issues because her mother left, and I get that she’s thrown by her new stepmom being both super young AND her new boss.  But they haven’t shown me enough to justify her attitude to date.  

Totally agree. Yes, we don't have backstory on Cristal, but I don't get why Fallon at 24 deserved a COO position.

On November 25, 2017 at 8:20 PM, Atlanta said:

Totally agree. Yes, we don't have backstory on Cristal, but I don't get why Fallon at 24 deserved a COO position.

Exactly!  She clearly expected it just because she's the boss' daughter, not because she's shown some super-advanced aptitude for running a company.  At 24, she either hasn't gotten her MBA yet (and is only two years out of college), or she just finished business school and just started working.  It's craziness.

• Love 1