Type keyword(s) to search

Outcome Measure: Residential Media

• Start Topic

Another promo. Are they trying to kill me before the premiere? I’m a sucker for these type of situations no matter how many times they’ve been done.

https://tvline.com/2018/08/14/ncis-los-angeles-season-10-spoilers-deeks-dead-or-alive/

Ugh. Having trouble with my edits. They were asking for spoilers for Nic and Conrad but it’s sort of general. I can’t handle this one.

I’d love a Season 2 scoop on The Resident, preferably Conrad/Nic-related. —Colleen

Well, this major spoiler could be about one of them — but I really hope it’s not, seeing as the Fox sophomore is gearing up to kill off what sounds like a major character. “We really want people to get attached to all of these characters this season,” EP Todd Harthan tells TVLine, before cryptically adding, “because… not everyone survives Season 2.”

Edited by Emma
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Emma said:

Hide contents

I’d love a Season 2 scoop on The Resident, preferably Conrad/Nic-related. —Colleen

Well, this major spoiler could be about one of them — but I really hope it’s not, seeing as the Fox sophomore is gearing up to kill off what sounds like a major character. “We really want people to get attached to all of these characters this season,” EP Todd Harthan tells TVLine, before cryptically adding, “because… not everyone survives Season 2.”

Spoiler

I think it could be Conrad's dad...it would make sense since he's doing whatever he can to be part of his son's life again. And that could mean a big change in Conrad's life since he's the only heir.

Spoiler

Please, show, be different and don't make women and minorities your designated victims. Thanks.

I'd be fine with Conrad's dad dying.

Edited by Happy Harpy
Mix-up withformat, edited/erased immediately before replacing content.
  • Love 1

“The Resident” tackled immigration and #MeToo in the first season; showrunner David Harthan says the debate over health care will factor into season 2. “Our villain is not a doctor but a money driven force that hurts both doctors and patients,” he says. “Medical error remains the third leading cause of death in this country. We try each week to shine a light on something patients need to know to help them navigate the system safely.”

Harthan believes “there is no issue more topical than the problems in health care” because “one fifth of all spending in the country is on health care.”

But the goal, rather than to take an explicit partisan stance, is to showcase how it is a human issue, with rising drug prices, concerns over adequate care and insurance availability and affordability affecting those on both sides of the aisle.

“Congress and the White House [are] planning to once more eliminate coverage for pre-existing conditions. Both parties are complicit in this,” he says. “It’s not a red or blue issue. It’s a red, white and blue issue.”

https://variety.com/2018/tv/features/fall-2018-tv-topical-vs-timeless-charmed-murphy-brown-resident-outlander-blackish-1202924171/

• Love 3

“We did a show on MALS”, Matt says, a rare condition that causes people to rapidly lose weight among other things, “and I got an email from somebody who had been to three different doctors, and they couldn’t figure out what was going on.” The viewer had lost 25 pounds in 2 months and after watching the show, Matt explained, she looked at her scans again and realized that it was likely that she had this condition.

A doctor okayed her diagnosis, Matt said, she received surgery, and now she’s doing great, “That’s one of the reasons I’m passionate about [the show], because of the stories we tell”, Matt says. He explains, of course, that he doesn’t promote self-diagnosis of this kind (and obviously he’s not a doctor), but we have to admit, this is a totally wild story!

https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/articles/did-watching-matt-czuchrys-medical-drama-resident-actually-save-fans-life

· THE RESIDENT averaged 7.8 million 3-Day Total Multi-Platform Average Audience , a lift of +59% from L+SD, and tying a series best in multi-platform viewing (excluding its post-NFC Championship debut).

· THE RESIDENT returned +11% above last season's time period premiere and +10% above its Season One finale.

· Its 790,000 viewers on Hulu and FOX NOW mark a series high and is up +18% from its series debut and +56% from last season's time period premiere.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2018/09/30/lethal-weapon-posts-its-highest-lift-ever-tops-all-broadcast-shows-for-the-night-203010/20180930fox01/#SlcrCEgMUsz2QurP.99

• Love 2

Andrew Chapaman, co-executive producer of show, interviewed about the Insulin storyline

https://www.healthline.com/diabetesmine/the-resident-insulin-affordability#4

“Being a writer on 'The Resident' is a perfect platform to talk about issues near and dear to my heart,” Chapman says. “Two issues I really wanted to talk about and address on the show – that people who are rich and poor get different levels of healthcare in America, even if they’re seeing the same doctor; and the fact that insulin prices are through the roof and how that’s wildly unfair. Some can’t afford it and they’re beginning to ration their dosage, and even dying as a result. It’s so upsetting to me that this happens. It’s just crazy and tragic. So I wanted to shine a light on that.”

• Love 1

A) I'm very glad I was wrong about MJW, both my prediction and also my worries that the character arc and run its course. He's definitely one of my favorite characters and a shining example of "kid star" who done good.

B) This may be the most ridiculous and weird question but I'll throw it out there anyway on the off chance that someone may actually know ... I wonder if the creator of the show (or whoever chose character names) might have been a basketball fan in the 60s/70s or if Conrad's name is just totally random coincidence ... one of my all-time favorite NBA players was Connie Hawkins (though his nickname was shortened from Cornelius, not Conrad) and whenever I hear someone call Conrad by his actual name I always wonder about that. (Just found his rookie card in my husband/my combined old collection). 

On 3/18/2020 at 6:27 PM, Lady Calypso said:

The Resident donates gloves, gowns, and masks to an Atlanta hospital

This is actually so sweet. Apparently, hospitals are in short supply due to the current pandemic, so it's great to see that the show is able to donate whatever they have to help out.

Yeah - hospitals are in ridiculously short supply - MSKCC (Sloan Kettering) - one of the best cancer centers in the world, is going to run out of PPE within the week

Morris Chesnut books new role

“I hear Chestnut has fulfilled his contractual obligation to The Resident but tomorrow’s Season 4 finale will not be the last fans see of his Dr. Barrett Cain. Chestnut will continue to appear on the show as a recurring next season. Over the next year, he would actually be juggling three series; Chestnut also is set to reprise his role as Lance Sullivan in the Peacock limited series The Best Man: The Final Chapters.”

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Good luck to him but I never thought Morris Chestnut was that good of an actor.  I definitely won't be watching him and YaYa--another bad actor. 

Chestnut and YaYa aka Cain & April a marriage made in hell. I will not be watching.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Emily Van Camp leaving and not appearing next season. I don’t know how to link- sorry. This makes me want to cry!

Here is Deadline's article:

I hear the actress asked to be released from the show at the end of last season. There was an effort at the time to bring her back in Season 5  — something she was reportedly open to — but it did not work out. I hear there is still hope she may return as a guest star in the future. But the Revenge alumna has stepped down as a series regular, and the storyline of her character, Nicolette ‘Nic’ Nevin, is expected to be wrapped up early into Season 5.

• Love 2

I had a feeling this was coming - her screentime significantly diminished around the end of season three. She went from lead female to the background. I assume they’ll kill her off as I can’t see them splitting up her and Conrad after everything they’ve been through. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

I had a feeling this was coming - her screentime significantly diminished around the end of season three. She went from lead female to the background. I assume they’ll kill her off as I can’t see them splitting up her and Conrad after everything they’ve been through. 

Well, the reason for her at least not appearing as much in season 4 was mostly due to her MCU role as Sharon Carter. And I imagine that's part of the reason for her leaving The Resident, amongst other reasons we probably won't find out.

I could have sworn that was the third season but I’m probably wrong. I actually thought she might have been pregnant in real life and that’s why they limited her in season four but depending on when her daughter was born the timing probably wouldn’t add up.

Edited by Avabelle