Type keyword(s) to search

Gillian Anderson

(edited)

Gillian has been cast in Bryan Fuller's upcoming series, an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's American Gods.  It isn't really my thing, but I think she'll be great as Media, with the biting social commentary.

As if I wasn't excited enough about this adaptation, adding GA has me positively stoked.

ETA:

Baby Button Eyes, I read American Gods last year, and I'd describe Media as glib rather than perky. She's supposed to embody the slickness of media personalities, and this is something I think GA can totally pull off.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
41 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Loved the Chili’s photo. She seems to really like the show, so why is she leaving? Ploy for more money? Seems kind of sad.

Responding to this post from the episode thread here.

I think it's just a function of having played this role for about 100 years now, and being ready to finally wrap it up (that it films nearly 5000 miles from home is probably a consideration, but I think it comes down to wanting to close an important, but long, chapter).  She agreed to the season 10 revival because I Want to Believe didn't provide any closure and it was pretty clear they weren't ever going to get a third movie, and then CC wrote something that did the exact opposite of closure, and the whole thing felt a little abbreviated and shaky.  So she came back for these ten episodes of season 11 to build on the foundation and correct the shortcomings of season 10.  I understand not wanting to play the same notes over and over in perpetuity, no matter how much she enjoys working with the old gang, but instead say a nice good-bye to the character and production, and just focus on the many non-XF aspects of her life going forward.

14 hours ago, Bastet said:

Responding to this post from the episode thread here.

I think it's just a function of having played this role for about 100 years now, and being ready to finally wrap it up (that it films nearly 5000 miles from home is probably a consideration, but I think it comes down to wanting to close an important, but long, chapter).  She agreed to the season 10 revival because I Want to Believe didn't provide any closure and it was pretty clear they weren't ever going to get a third movie, and then CC wrote something that did the exact opposite of closure, and the whole thing felt a little abbreviated and shaky.  So she came back for these ten episodes of season 11 to build on the foundation and correct the shortcomings of season 10.  I understand not wanting to play the same notes over and over in perpetuity, no matter how much she enjoys working with the old gang, but instead say a nice good-bye to the character and production, and just focus on the many non-XF aspects of her life going forward.

Yeah, I agree with that.  I don't think it is so much that she's offended by what has happened to the character as much as she doesn't want to be constantly revisiting that well.

I do wonder if it also is some clue as to what will happen with Season 11.