Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: The Good, the Bad and the Crispy

After Charlotte accidentally charbroils a man to death in self-defense, Lucifer tries to hide it from Chloe; Maze goes looking for Charlotte and Amenadiel; Lucifer tries to find a permanent solution for the ticking time bomb he calls Mom.

tick, tick, tick...

(edited)

I've  been SO good at not looking up spoilers from the Sunday airings but I was going to break that to see about if Linda's okay. The one time and I have no choice but to wait!

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

Lucifer has black wings and no one will ever convince me otherwise.  LA-LA-LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

There would have been blood if they had killed of Dr. Linda.

• Love 9
(edited)

Lucifer remarking "you son of a bitch" re: Amenadiel was the most on point he's  ever been. You don't  come back from doing that to Linda and I hated her all season already. 

Maze! 

I need more time to fully process it all. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

So glad Amenadiel could slow down time for Linda to be saved!  If Dr Linda had died, there'd be blood!

I also liked Luci's solution for mum.   

Yes, where exactly did Luci end up?  Was he back in Hell?  Mom's new world? something else?

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Best damned show on tv.  Pun intended.

Amen(adude) to that! This is the only show I'm actually looking forward to in the fall. Everything else has fallen to either hate-watching or watching out of habit.

This episode was just fantastic. Even better than last year's finale.

I do have a couple questions about Charlotte. Where was her soul while Mum was wearing her skin? Given her reputation, I doubt she went to Heaven, I can't recall if this universe has a Purgatory, so I guess she went to Hell? Will she start showing Malcolm levels of insanity? Or, was she in there the entire time?

Maze, Trixie, Linda, Amenadiel, Ella, Dan...my god this supporting cast is incredible.

I'm guessing Azrael is responsible for the desert dump. Either on orders from Dad or as punishment for throwing her knife into the void. 

Spoiler

So, Mum gets Lucifer's comic ending? Interesting.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 9
(edited)

I have to watch this again before I post more.  So many great little details.  Love, love, love this show.

ETA:  Tom Ellis deserves an Emmy.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 10

Wow! Lucifer's solution for Mommy surprised me! But so good! Also, throwing the knife after Mom, but keeping the key was a neat touch. Dad must be happy with him, because he got white wings! Amenadiel came through! He saved Linda, with help from Maze. Speaking of, Maze has become such a fierce friend to Linda, Chloe and Trixie. Love it! Also loved Linda's declaration of friendship to Lucifer - between that and getting white wings, he must be at peace for once.

I'm guessing that Lucifer will not come clean to Chloe after all. I wonder what next season will be about and if we'll see any other family member.

• Love 12

I also liked Luci's solution for mum.   

Definitely. There has been a lot of shows where killing was the only solution to the problem. I'm not expecting a sappy ending but it's always seem like the default story resolution killing the character to the point it's become expected. She couldn't stay on Earth and she couldn't go back to Heaven or Hell. This was the resolution that I can live with and for Lucifer instead of going back to old habits of bitterness and revenge an actual compromise.

I guess Amandiel will slowly get his angel powers back if Lucifer can get his wings back.

Lucifer mentioned the threat of civil war maybe this is why he got his wings back and Amandiel getting his power back. They've been drafted to take sides.

Maze will always be the best. Friend. Ever.

• Love 6

I loved that Dr. Linda made it. Had she died, I would have had to go on a killing spree, heh. Loved Maze and Amenadiel coming to her aid, and Lucifer visiting her in the hospital and their conversation.

My other favorite scene was Trixie playing doctor with Maze and her just going with it, heh. The lollypop had me laughing and I had to rewind the whole scene.

I'm glad Mom is gone but I'm confused about that ending. Also, Lucifer has wings! I can't wait until September to see how everything plays out.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Yes, where exactly did Luci end up?

The botanist in me says he's somewhere in the Sonoran Desert, east of Palm Springs.  The cactus are widely scattered Joshua Tree or something with a similar form.  OK, that's a geeky answer.

Philosophically, I'll leave it to religious scholars to choose which trip into the desert this might remind them of most closely.

• Love 15

Honestly didn't predict the resolution for "Mom."  Lucifer uses the sword to create another "world" or something that she is able to live in and control?  Crazy!  Don't understand how all that works (besides the whole "magic sword" thing), but that is a pretty neat way to wrap up the arc.  But interesting now that the real Charlotte is back and doesn't remember anything that had happened or who anyone is.  I doubt there will be a need for her to stick around as a regular, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to have her pop back in for an episode or two, especially since she's a lawyer.

Part of me knew Linda was going to pull through, but that was still an intense scene.  Glad Amenadiel was able to slow down time again to save her.  That was just as badass as him single-handily preventing anyone from getting to Chloe in the mid-season finale.  And Maze's reaction too.  I love how both of these characters have really gotten some great development over this season, and aren't just mere supporting/side characters.  

Really, the entire ensemble is on fire now.  I'm glad everyone pretty much got a moment to shine in this episode.

As usual, loved all the humor they still worked in like Lucifer and Amenadiel fighting over the dagger, Amenadiel's attempt at improv, Dan's reaction to seeing Lucifer with the dagger, and especially Trixie pretending to be a doctor with Maze and Lucifer.  And Lucifer didn't get a "lolly" because she wasn't going to give any to wusses.  Trixie doesn't mess around!

Interesting cliffhanger.  I guess he's in Hell?  Or will it be simply a case of him getting kidnapped and put into the desert by someone else (I'm sure he has plenty of enemies.)  I just hope it doesn't lead to another case of Chloe thinking he just took off without telling anyone, but since he was leaving her a voicemail, hopefully she'll figure out something shady went down.

Great finale for a fantastic season.  I thought the first season was pretty fun, but this is probably one of my favorite seasons of television this year.  Hilarious writing, great character moments, and the entire cast is at their best and have amazing chemistry with one another. Almost every pairing this season has been fantastic (never knew I would love seeing Dan and Amenadiel interacting with each other.)  Hope they keep it going and I hope the new time-slot doesn't effect anything.  Oh, and maybe FOX can find a better way to schedule out the breaks.  Either way, I can't wait for next season!  Well done, everyone!

• Love 15
(edited)

"She has Chloe". Tom Ellis' delivery, Lucifer being desperate. Awww. Mirroring Amenadude finding his mojo back for Maze (yes he wanted to save Linda because Linda but that's my story and I'll stick to it). I mean, she was crying.

Poor Linda managed to get Lucifer place her before his personal problems, at the hospital. It warmed my heart, and I guess it warmed hers.

TRIXIE! Thank you, writers, for all the cuteness. "You don't have to talk in code" and the lollipop, LOLOL.

Dan did fall for Charlotte/Mom. Poor Dan. I enjoyed Charlotte, but I guess there's no coming back from what she did to Linda indeed.

Was "Vegas" a shout-out to Aimée Garcia's role on the short-lived CBS show? She and Carrie-Ann Moss were the best things about it.

Loved all the friendships. Loved how Lucifer and Chloe's relationship evolved, how it isn't a usual will they/won't they and how respect isn't a vain word there. Love once again that on this show, people talk like adults, and express their feelings. Oh, I see that the Big Talk was stalled once more. But all the other talks make it OK.

The last scene was visually stunning.

This was pretty much the perfect cap to a pretty much perfect season. The whole cast was stellar. I love, love, love, when the credits roll and I'm happy, a bit dazzled, and impatient to see those characters again (and not frustrated or annoyed that I wasted my time).

Edited by Happy Harpy
Trigger happy, LOL
  • Love 16

That was a great season ender. 

I am so glad Lucifer's mom is finally gone. It would have been tragic if they killed off Dr. Linda. 

Just when I thought Tom Ellis couldn't be any better looking, they scruff him up. He almost didn't look like the same man. 

Was the desert supposed to be some sort of throwback to when he taunted Jesus? For some reason that scene made me think of that. 

That final shot of Lucifer with his wings was epic. 

• Love 8

Wow! After what she did to Dr. Linda, I was ready for Lucifer to tear into Mom. But his solution was simply brilliant. The devil, AKA the lightbringer, casting his mother into another dimension, and saying "Let there be light..." Simply amazing. I even got a little misty eyed over their conversation. However, I wonder how much this is going to fuck over Charlotte's life. I know she's a lawyer, but she had a husband and kids until Mom bodysnatched her.

Of course, the Trixie scene was great. I was considerably less amused by the improv theater scene, but mainly from second hand embarrassment. Maze and Dr. Linda continue to be wonderful. Glad to see Amenadiel get some of his grove back.

Speaking of backs, I loved the shiney new wings on Lucifer. I really hope he got them from Dad for his solution to Mom. However, I wonder why he was covered in sores. Isn't he his usual supernatural self when Chloe isn't around? Even if the person who clubbed him could negate his abilities, shouldn't they have returned once he was dumped in the desert. I really hope that wasn't some hallucination or hell prison.

• Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Honestly didn't predict the resolution for "Mom."  Lucifer uses the sword to create another "world" or something that she is able to live in and control?  

He created a portal into another world. 

I thought the real Charlotte had been murdered before "Mom" reanimated her. I assumed she would go back to being a dead body.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 15

Well! That was a POWERHOUSE of a finale! ?

It started as a cute/funny episode which I was really enjoying. Maze with Trixie was awesome. And Mum towering over Linda in their first scene together was hilarious! Tricia Helfer looks 7'4" next to the Doc!

Then the improv, where Amenadiel "goes a little bit dark" according to Dan. That whole set up was an unexpected delight! 

But that ending! I wasn't expecting them to wrap up the Mum storyline this season at all! Keeping original Charlotte in the story came out of left field for me. I thought they would go one way or the other. I'm not actually sure about this development though, since original pre-screwdriver Charlotte was a scumbag defense attorney. I don't think I need to much of that in the next season. 

In any case it went from a cute episode to the best finale of the season so far! Well done all around. And I'm not sure how I will bear to wait till fall for the new episodes to start! I have heart eyes for this show, it is definitely at the top of my favorites list. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I thought the real Charlotte had been murdered before "Mom" reanimated her. I assumed she would go back to being a dead body.

Exactly. I was surprised she was alive. Wasn't Lucifer looking for Mom in recently killed people? I thought that was the point of how she was able to take over her body.

otherwise I loved it. Haven't seen this mentioned yet but Ella's little hug at the crime scene when Chloe complimented her.  And the "you don't often say nice things.....". So cute. 

I can't believe that's the end of the season!

• Love 6

I haven't rewatched last week or this week (got to save some pleasures for this summer), but did I miss what happened after Maze called on/began her intimidation of the Doctor who was investigating Linda to take her license away?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

The last scene was visually stunning.

Yes, it was. The way the shots were composed, and Luicfer turning his head this way and that, and then the wings - it was wonderful!

32 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I had assumed that also. Then I figured that the goddess had possessed her for so long, that she reanimated her as a parting gift.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, djinn said:

I had assumed that also. Then I figured that the goddess had possessed her for so long, that she reanimated her as a parting gift.

I assume her duct-taped injury also miraculously healed, or she would have likely bled out on the stretcher.

14 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Did Linda take the staples out before she taped her up?

I don't think they showed us, but if she had, wouldn't the wound have reopened and obliterated Linda? I'm not sure how she did it even with the staples in, as evidenced by the hole in the wall. Maybe Linda moved away and Charlotte taped herself.

40 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

That was quite the sunburn Lucifer has

If someone were to screencapture Luci on the phone with Chloe just before he gets clobbered, and also screen capture him, side face when he awakens in the desert, I'd (if I'm remembering it ) think that two or three days had passed, just by the growth of his beard.  Enough to get that sunburn and for it to start peeling.

• Love 3

But Lucifer is invulnerable unless he's near Chloe. If he can shrug off bullets under normal circumstances, it would stand to reason that a little UV radiation wouldn't bother his skin very much.

• Love 6

I couldn’t stop laughing when Maze tasered Amenadiel, but I'm not exactly sure, did Amenadiel get his powers back? Did we ever find out why he lost them to begin with?

So glad Charlotte is gone, the whole "mom" plot was dragging down the show.

I was worried for Dr Linda, good thing they weren't stupid enough to kill her off, but I think that between Lucifer using Maze for his "back to Heaven" plot & what happened to Dr Linda, she is now his enemy. I think the reason Lucifer has his wings back is because it's going to be a battle between angels & demons.

• Love 1

I haven't posted in this forum before but I just want to add two things to this thread. First, in my opinion, this was the best damn episode of "Lucifer" yet. I know they cut the number of episodes short and wanted to move the last four episodes of this season into the next season. However, I'm happy that they did. This was a special episode and needed to be a season finale in its own right. All the players shined and made this a memorable episode.

My second addition is a question to be put out to this thread: Is it possible, that this ending was a Flashback to when Lucifer first landed on Earth? I know a lot of fans wanted to see Lucifer "pre-Los Angeles"; could this be it? 

• Love 15

Wow, just wow! What an incredible episode! Amazing performances from everyone!

Loved:

Maze in tears over Linda.

Amenadiel getting his mojo back.

Lucifer completely losing his egotistical self when confronting his mother at the end. No bluster, no bragging, no big swinging ego. Just eons of pain, which Tom Ellis wore like one of his finely tailored suits.

Speaking of fashion, Chloe's purple trenchcoat. She looks weird in leather jackets and plain in everything else but that purple coat rocked.

Lucifer's solution: open a portal to nothingness, let his mother's celestial light fill it so that she can create there rather than destroy here.

Maze and Trixie's fist-bump after Trixie insulted Lucifer!

Amenadiel's key putting a rise in Dan's Levi's. Awkward sexual humor is kind of a go-to in this show but that was golden.

In the same category Maze asking if Amenadiel and Dan were doing it and Amenadiel not denying it.

56 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

I haven't posted in this forum before

Welcome! This is my favorite forum and the crowd here is great! Enjoy your stay!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dwmarch said:

Amenadiel's key putting a rise in Dan's Levi's. Awkward sexual humor is kind of a go-to in this show but that was golden.

In the same category Maze asking if Amenadiel and Dan were doing it and Amenadiel not denying it.

I like the subtle interplay between Dan automatically having his guard up when he saw Luci with a dagger changing to grudging trust when he was doing the TSA wave to find the 'key' and the awkwardness about the touching. 

It is nice to see Dan having such good moments with so many of the other cast members. That last kiss goodbye was kind of sweet. Favorite human indeed. Dan must give good cuddles :P 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

My second addition is a question to be put out to this thread: Is it possible, that this ending was a Flashback to when Lucifer first landed on Earth? I know a lot of fans wanted to see Lucifer "pre-Los Angeles"; could this be it? 

Oh, I think you're onto something here.

Spoiler

IIRC, the showrunners mentioned that the episodes cut from S2 were kind of stand-alone and also mentioned a flashback of Lucifer's arrival on Earth. So it would make sense.

• Love 5

Everything I've read so far says that the four "lost" episodes are not part of the main story line but rather a way to explore other topics and to revisit Candy Morningstar in Las Vegas (episode 22 I think). The four episodes don't have to be the first episodes shown in the fall and they could be positioned as flashbacks I guess.

So, how do they get Lucifer out of the desert? (BTW, his wings were always white). I assume he can fly with the wings like Amenidude could in the first season?

Who knocked Lucifer out? He was talking to Chloe's answering machine when he was knocked out so I guess she could have been close enough to him to make him vulnerable but who would do this to him and why? Unusual for Chloe to miss a phone call isn't it?

Watching Tom Ellis' performance as he was leaving the message for Chloe was just amazing.

In the previous episode Linda was seen packing up her office; in this episode it looked all set up again. So, what happened when Maze went in to see the medical ethics guy? Did I miss something?

• Love 5
(edited)

I just want to say how great the writing is in this show.  I was a fan of Sleepy Hollow at the start.  There are similarities: tall charismatic Brit with beautiful law enforcement partner in a supernatural based show.  I bailed after they got rid of Abby; it was as if the writers only had one season's worth of story in them.

This show handles all the characters' stories so well!  Within all the chaos, the relationships are building and yet stay true to character and story arc - just greatness all around.

As confusing as the ending was, it was also brilliant and will generate all sorts of speculation like a cliffhanger should!

I only commit to a handful of shows; I'm so glad this is one of them.

Edited by Arnella
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Philosophically, I'll leave it to religious scholars to choose which trip into the desert this might remind them of most closely.

I'm  expecting to see a burning bush in the next episode. And I do want to thank the director of photography for that long look of Lucifer without his shirt.

9 hours ago, Xantar said:

But Lucifer is invulnerable unless he's near Chloe. If he can shrug off bullets under normal circumstances, it would stand to reason that a little UV radiation wouldn't bother his skin very much.

Lucifer is vulnerable to actions by other supernatural creatures. He was still carrying the bruises on his face from his dust-up with Maze. (BTW, I wonder if Tom Ellis got an actual bruise during the filming of these episodes. He's been carrying that mark for several episode.) We know that Mum, Amenadiel, and Uriel were all able to physically hurt Lucifer . So I expect that whoever knocked him out was not of this world. and we don't know that the desert is on this world either.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, enoughcats said:

If someone were to screencapture Luci on the phone with Chloe just before he gets clobbered, and also screen capture him, side face when he awakens in the desert, I'd (if I'm remembering it ) think that two or three days had passed, just by the growth of his beard.

Rewatched, and beard growth is all over the place.  Longest beard was for his visit to Linda in the hospital room.  Desert beard was magnificent, most men don't have that solid a beard in front of their ears.  But it was, maybe shorter, than telephone beard.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Xantar said:

That's what needs to be explained.  Along with the wings.

I love this show. I'm already impatient for September. 

Dr. Linda lives! I was actually liking Charlotte for a moment or two there but after what she did to Dr Linda who had actually helped her (even if it was using duct tape) I'm ok with her being transported to her own dimension. I'm sure she'll be ok, though Lucifer will probably regret throwing the blade in too.

Maze is the absolute best. I loved her with Trixie, I loved her tazering Amenadude, I loved her rushing to save Dr Linda. Basically I loved everything she did this episode. 

• Love 9