Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Spoilers & Rumors

• Start Topic

On 11/8/2017 at 9:18 PM, Star Aristille said:

Or she gets rid of all the women and allows his precious alpha-males to rule the game.  Which . . . nightmare in the making.

This is probably more accruate and she will get rid of the attractive women and Let the Alpha bros rule 

• Love 2

If Jeff likes Chrissy and Chrissy wins, it might be the first time that he and I are both happy. 

As for the season, I didn't like the first few episodes, and I was super bummed when Alan was voted off, but I am loving it since. I haven't hated anyone voted off, but I really love the strategy and I enjoy watching a very smart woman like Chrissy. 

• Love 2

So this week's episode was originally titled "Knights of the Roundtable" but has been changed to "Playing with the Devil".  Not sure why there was the change.

“Playing with the Devil” – One player finds a secret advantage with a special twist, and concentration is key in the individual immunity challenge, on SURVIVOR

Secret advantage is bad enough.  I get nervous with "special twist", which will probably be nothing we haven't seen before.  But after Cirie last season, I don't care to see a repeat of someone being idoled/advantaged out of the game in that fashion.

• Love 3

So going back to the infamous Lauren's friends list (Desi, Ashley, Cole, and Joe, which always surprised me), I wonder if this means Lauren gets bounced to the jury house and bonds with them.  That's if they are looking to pick off all of the Healers, but Mike has the idol, and it seems like Cole and Joe would be the next two targets anyway.  So maybe once the Healers get Pagonged, Lauren and Ashely wind up on the bottom, or one of them is idoled out by Mike?

Also, Alan had said that JP wasn't well liked, and we know Ben thought he was an idiot.  Since JP has had a near invisible edit (and when he is visible I can't say it's a great edit), I'm guessing he has zero shot at winning.  I'm curious to get through the next couple of weeks and see how the edits shift.  Women have won this show with invisible edits before, but I can't remember men getting nearly zero screen time and winning. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
On 11/20/2017 at 8:30 PM, LadyChatts said:

So going back to the infamous Lauren's friends list (Desi, Ashley, Cole, and Joe, which always surprised me), I wonder if this means Lauren gets bounced to the jury house and bonds with them.  That's if they are looking to pick off all of the Healers, but Mike has the idol, and it seems like Cole and Joe would be the next two targets anyway.  So maybe once the Healers get Pagonged, Lauren and Ashely wind up on the bottom, or one of them is idoled out by Mike?

Also, Alan had said that JP wasn't well liked, and we know Ben thought he was an idiot.  Since JP has had a near invisible edit (and when he is visible I can't say it's a great edit), I'm guessing he has zero shot at winning.  I'm curious to get through the next couple of weeks and see how the edits shift.  Women have won this show with invisible edits before, but I can't remember men getting nearly zero screen time and winning. 

If Mike idols out Lauren or Ashley he's stupid and doesn't deserve to win

• Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think he's already at 'stupid and doesn't deserve to win,' but yea that would really push him there.

Agreed.  Mike has struck me from the beginning as more worried about building a resume and creating a character to return than anything else.  Maybe I should re word that part of my post, because Mike may not mean to Idol out Lauren or Ashley, but if the others are worried about an Idol, they may split the votes. Lauren is likely low on the totem pole with the alliance, and I don’t think Ashley is much higher. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Agreed.  Mike has struck me from the beginning as more worried about building a resume and creating a character to return than anything else.  Maybe I should re word that part of my post, because Mike may not mean to Idol out Lauren or Ashley, but if the others are worried about an Idol, they may split the votes. Lauren is likely low on the totem pole with the alliance, and I don’t think Ashley is much higher. 

A Lauren or Ashley win are the only things that will make me go back and actually watch the rest of this season. So I guess if this happens I will save a few hours of my life.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Not a Devon win?  Is he turning into a jerk, too?

I don't actively dislike him, but he doesn't inspire me to tune in. He just seems like your garden variety kinda dopey surfer dude, and Fabio already won a season.

• Love 2

In my order of who I would like to see win, not who I think will win.

1) Chrissy is playing a strong strategic game but is awful at the social game. She is flat out blowing off the people outside her alliance.

2) Ben is playing aggressively, which I like but puts a target on him. I don't think he makes it to the final 3 because he is too big of a target and can make a strong case that he was the head of the alliance.

3) I like Lauren. I think she targeted people who were annoying and threats and played well when she was at the bottom of her original tribe. I think she has quietly pointed to the people she didn't like and planted seeds that bore fruit. I like that she is working with Ben and not spreading info too far.

4) Ashley seems to have adjusted her game after the initial Alan blow up but seems to be comfortable enough with Chrissy to say something about Ben. I suspect that there is more to Lauren and Ashley's game then we have seen.

5) Ryan is a weasel, I don't have a problem with him but I think his attempt at playing a social game is awkward and is going to blow up on him.

6) Devon is a non-entity who thinks he is running the game (secret scene). 

7) There is a seventh who I am struggling to remember... Oh JP. Yeah, he is even more of a non-entity then Devon.

I don't particularly like Mike and I really don't like Joe. I really don't like the people who play the intentional asshole. Chrissy is playing a bad social game but I don't think she is trying to be an asshole. I think she is scheming and playing hard even if she has a massive flaw in her game. Joe is intentionally trying to push buttons and be a loud asshole. I hate that game play. Mike is playing a bit of the weasel and doing so poorly. His strategy is obvious to most folks and I don't think he is very good at the game. I think his idol play was awful and that the only way he stays in the game is that Ashley decides to target Ben next week before clearing out Joe and Mike.  That leads to the alliance of 7 going after each other and Joe and Mike surviving by attrition not good game play. I think I would prefer Mike over JP and Devon, because he is trying to play. Joe will always be at the bottom of my list because I hate his style of game play.

So list of who I would like to see win to least like to see win

1) Chrissy

2) Ben

3) Laura

4) Ashley

5) Ryan

6) Mike

7) Devon

8) JP

9) Joe

I suspect that Chrissy or Lauren wins. Chrissy's game has been shown, even with it's flaws and I think she can give a good speech to the jury. Laura has had a good amount of her game shown, we know her allies, we have seen her try and work with the different groups (Desi actually says that Lauren was the only one who was believably approachable) and she did adjust her game play early on.

I think Ben has been to out in front and that Ryan and Mike have been too weasely (Desi called Ryan out in her interviews) and Ashley has been too invisible and is likely to cause trouble and get booted. Devon and JP have been far too invisible. Joe will likely go after Ben because he will have lost his shield.

I suspect that Ben goes this week. If Ben goes first, Joe goes next. If Ben goes second then Mike went first and Joe goes next week. After that I suspect Ashley goes because she leads the charge against Ben. Then Devon and JP. Final three is Chrissy, Laura and Ryan. Lauren wins because she played a good strategic game, made friends across the groups and can point to moves that she played a roll in, like the hidden advantage.

11 hours ago, marys1000 said:

So still no spoilers?  Hoping Chrissy or Ryan don't win.  Still can't stand either one.  I like Ben and lauren. 

Unfortunately, we don't get a lot of good spoilers for these types of seasons.  Unless the CBS webmonkeys screw up and give stuff away in the promos, as they'd been known to do (in fact, by piecing together different photos and promos, that's how Katrina was determined to be the first boot this season).  It's one reason I like returning player seasons, because someone from that cast always leaks stuff and we get an accurate boot list.  

We are approaching the last third of the season that Jeff said was his favorite, so I'm thinking/hoping the blindsides to come will be brutal.  Brutal in the sense that they end up costing Chrissy the game.  I'm still on the fence with her.  I guess there's time for her edit to turn around, or they may figure she's shown as being strategic and that's enough to guarantee a winner's edit.  I'm fairly confident JP, Ryan, Ashley, and Joe (even though it'd be hilarious) are not winning.  I think it could go either way with the rest and who the ultimate final 3 is.    

This week, I believe one boot will be obvious (Joe/Mike), the other a blindside (my guess is Ashley or Devon).  Ashley got an edit out of nowhere last week trying to call the shots and get Joe bounced, and we see Devon in the promo this week talking about a big blindside.  Who knows, maybe he doesn't realize he's talking about his own.  

11 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

We are approaching the last third of the season that Jeff said was his favorite, so I'm thinking/hoping the blindsides to come will be brutal.  Brutal in the sense that they end up costing Chrissy the game.  I'm still on the fence with her. 

I'm torn because I hate Chrissy, but at the same time out of the possible winners she is the one I'd hate winning the least. Well, except Lauren, but I don't know if I think she's a possible winner or not.

This week, I believe one boot will be obvious (Joe/Mike), the other a blindside (my guess is Ashley or Devon).  Ashley got an edit out of nowhere last week trying to call the shots and get Joe bounced, and we see Devon in the promo this week talking about a big blindside.  Who knows, maybe he doesn't realize he's talking about his own.  

This. I think Joe is almost certainly the first boot and then I'm guessing either Ashley or Lauren for the next, but Devon is a good guess, too. I can easily see them showing him talking about a big blindside coming all while we know he's the one getting blindsided. I like Devon, but that would be hilarious lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I still think it is Joe or Mike and Ben or Ashley. I think the obvious healer vote is the second episode and Ashley targets Ben because he is being a dictator in the first episode. She can get Joe and Mike's vote but Lauren or Chrissy clue Ben in and the alliance votes out Ashley for rocking the boat. Or Chrissy and Ryan see it as a great opportunity to get out a strategic threat in Ben and vote with Ashley, Joe and Mike and send Ben home.

If Ashley survives, Joe goes next. If Ben survives, Mike goes next.

Cole's claims about Dr. Mike wearing his idol and giving Joe a fake idol to wear do not make sense to me.  So I wonder if Cole fucked up and accidentally revealed something that will happen here shortly; a fake idol or two getting made and worn.

If that's true, Cole's never going to get that second chance he's been bucking for.

11 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Cole's claims about Dr. Mike wearing his idol and giving Joe a fake idol to wear do not make sense to me.  So I wonder if Cole fucked up and accidentally revealed something that will happen here shortly; a fake idol or two getting made and worn.

Ah, I didn't consider that. You might be onto something. To me it makes no sense for Cole to lie about that but I can't imagine the show wouldn't air it. Cole accidentally talking about something that happens later seems likely.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I am so tired of people coming on these shows, "creating a character," and targeting first runner up so they can get invited back for either the next season or some sort of All Star season.  Survivor kind of started it at a low level when they had their first All Star season, but I blame The Bachelor/Bachelorette for initiating and perpetuating  second place finishers routinely coming back the next season as the *S*T*A*R* of the show.  I call that lazy casting, and that's what got us that odious troll Paul back this year on Big Brother, and his despicable little  dog pack of Alex and Raven behaving so horribly in a bid to come back.  I think Alex even explicitly stated she was aiming for the number two slot so she could come back next year "like Paul."

• Love 6

Alan let it slip that JP/Ashley made the merge because he said he hadn't seen them yet in one of his interviews.  And Jeff wants him back, so I don't know if it will effect Cole.  You'd think someone would catch a slip like that before it's printed.  Maybe they just don't care anymore.

Since Jeff's been talking about a possible SC season, I've seen some Survivors are stepping up their campaigning to get a return invite.  I hope they don't do another one until at least Survivor 40, but if this season and next season don't do well, they may bring back players for S37 or 38.  Maybe at least do another FvsF.  I blame the show for focusing on the characters and encouraging that type of game play.  In fact, it's not even game play.  Good game play went down the drain when people were more worried about making it far and creating a character, less about actually winning.  It's why I felt Adam's sob story at the FTC was so calculated and not genuine.  In his case, it obviously won him the game, but he definitely stood out his season without winning as a result of his TH where he went on about his mom.  When did this whole character thing start anyway?  Fairplay?  It felt like Coach and Hantz were the two that really got the ball rolling on it, though.

• Love 4

Remember last season when that big doofus Caleb in an exit interview said that all the big players will take each other and someone like Sarah might win?  Well it reminds of something another doofus said this season in his exit interview. I give you Patrick Bolton:

"Ali should be ashamed for voting me off because we could have really worked well together. I know I was loud and people noticed me, but that was a reason for her to take me along, knowing I would be a target and not her. Lauren’s not going to be a target, she’s going to fly under the radar. She’s a single mom, so she would be great in going to the Final 3 and winning. So why take someone who has the potential to win the game when you could take me, who would take the target off your own back?"

just something to think about, especially with Lauren's strategic game picking up....

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Remember last season when that big doofus Caleb in an exit interview said that all the big players will take each other and someone like Sarah might win?  Well it reminds of something another doofus said this season in his exit interview. I give you Patrick Bolton:

"Ali should be ashamed for voting me off because we could have really worked well together. I know I was loud and people noticed me, but that was a reason for her to take me along, knowing I would be a target and not her. Lauren’s not going to be a target, she’s going to fly under the radar. She’s a single mom, so she would be great in going to the Final 3 and winning. So why take someone who has the potential to win the game when you could take me, who would take the target off your own back?"

just something to think about, especially with Lauren's strategic game picking up....

From your lips (fingers) to God's ear!  I really want a Lauren win!!

• Love 4

I think Lauren deserves to win after tonight.  I'd love it if Patrick slipped up (or did it on purpose because he was still bitter).  I'm curious if the rumor about there being a tie at the FTC is true, and how that would impact the vote.

• Love 2

If Lauren does indeed win this season, then this season will go from bad to a very good ending. I am so liking Lauren and seeing her gameplay. She got game and strategy.

Edited by TVFan1
  • Love 3

I should add, in regards to Lauren, that Max and Corinne had called her as a winner's pick and are big fans of hers.  Roark is one of their friends and had been involved with their podcast.  She is close with Desi/Cole of the jurors, and I've seen them pop up with Max, too.  They also called Sarah as their winner's pick last season, and we saw what happened there.

Though Lauren winning is too good to be true.  I'm thinking Lauren either gets voted out or loses in the fire tie breaker, and we wind up with a final 3 of some combo of Ben/Chrissy/Ryan/Devon.  I think Ashley and Mike will end up getting booted sooner rather than later, unless Mike goes to Chrissy/Ryan and someone from the 4 flips back to that side.

Since we see Ben making a fake idol next week, and showing it to Devon (who I assume knows it's fake?), maybe Cole revealed something, but purposely got the names wrong? 

Edited by LadyChatts
10 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Though Lauren winning is too good to be true.  I'm thinking Lauren either gets voted out or loses in the fire tie breaker,

I'm sure she-who-can-do-everything would win a fire making challenge.  Did you see her making that swing all super-chill while simultaneously taking in all the scheming and nonsense going on?  She is a rock star.  I'm in love with her and I'm a straight woman.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

I'm so heavily invested in this season I forgot JP was there until he got voted off.

HAHA!  He did look very handsome in the jury -- especially when he smiled.  Perhaps he'll make a bigger impact there.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Special K said:

HAHA!  He did look very handsome in the jury -- especially when he smiled.  Perhaps he'll make a bigger impact there.

I doubt that. His Ponderosa involves a lot of Desi and Cole talking because JP was focused on enjoying the vacation and getting back in shape for his job.

That's a good point about Patrick. Definitely seems like the type who spoil trying to make himself look smart. I've been leaning towards Ben but you have to figure that the producers would love a Ben win. Something about this season's edit that you can just feel they don't particularly like the winner. This season have been very balanced towards everybody and usually that's a tip-off that means the producer's favorite didn't pull it out.

• Love 3

I had seen some discussion in the ep thread about Ben still being with Chrissy/Ryan, or going back to them if he thinks they are more beatable (which they most likely are, compared to Lauren/Devon/Ashley).  However, Ben would also have to be careful not to piss the jury off by making a move like that for the sake of an easier win.  Could be where the double agent and "Ben's a threat" talk came from this episode, and it leads there.  Also, Probst said the last third of the season was full of twists, turns, and moments you wouldn't see coming, so I don't know if he would say that if the foursome just picked off Ryan/Chrissy/Mike.  

I'm still leaning towards a Ben/Lauren win, outside chance Devon.  I can't see how the other four win.  Chrissy doesn't seem well liked, Ryan would probably get accused of doing nothing but what Chrissy told him to do, and I haven't seen anything indicating Ashley as a winner.  Mike has the underdog edit, and could slip through if he's needed as a vote.  But he'd be my long shot pick.

• Love 2

There's a theory out there (purely speculative, with no evidence beyond Peachy bringing up the rules for breaking an FTC tie at the GC reunion) that the FTC this time will result in a tie, either 4-4-0 or 3-3-2.

Based on the people in play now; Ben, Lauren, Ashley, Devon, Ryan, Chrissy, and Mike, what is the most likely FTC combination for a tie to occur?

For a 4-4 tie, I would guess that Ben and Lauren are involved, with Ashley as the nil.  Not sure about a 3-3-2...

If Ryan is on the jury, I can see Chrissy getting 2 votes from him and JP.  On the flip side, if Chrissy is on the jury, and Ryan in the final 3, would he get 2 votes from her and JP?  Devon and maybe Mike would be the only others that would probably get 2 votes.

Edited by LadyChatts
15 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Also, Probst said the last third of the season was full of twists, turns, and moments you wouldn't see coming, so I don't know if he would say that if the foursome just picked off Ryan/Chrissy/Mike.  

This delights me because I really don't wanna see Ben/Lauren/Ashley/Devon just pagong the remaining 3. So boring.

I'm still leaning towards a Ben/Lauren win, outside chance Devon. 

I have thought for some time that Devon was a dark horse, but that music cue after his "She's almost as good as me!" confessional really has me wondering now.

I think the winner is Ben, Lauren, or Chrissy. Right now I think the most likely scenario is that Ben joins back up with Chrissy/Ryan and then those three are F3 with Ben winning. Or possibly I could see Ben staying with Lauren but also wanting to keep Chrissy and those 3 end up the F3, which might be where a tie could come into play. And I still think Chrissy is a possible winner, but I'm not sure how it would happen lol.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right now I think the most likely scenario is that Ben joins back up with Chrissy/Ryan and then those three are F3 with Ben winning. 

I can totally see this.  Mike has no choice at this point really but to eat his words to Ryan and start working with them.  If Ben gets wind of the plan last week to vote him out, he may jump back as well.

But they would be fools to let him get the the F3 if they can stop it.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This delights me because I really don't wanna see Ben/Lauren/Ashley/Devon just pagong the remaining 3. So boring.

I have thought for some time that Devon was a dark horse, but that music cue after his "She's almost as good as me!" confessional really has me wondering now.

I think the winner is Ben, Lauren, or Chrissy. Right now I think the most likely scenario is that Ben joins back up with Chrissy/Ryan and then those three are F3 with Ben winning. Or possibly I could see Ben staying with Lauren but also wanting to keep Chrissy and those 3 end up the F3, which might be where a tie could come into play. And I still think Chrissy is a possible winner, but I'm not sure how it would happen lol.

I'd be fine with B/L/A/D pagonging at least Ryan/Chrissy lol  Cole mentioned in one of his interviews he didn't want to be a bitter juror and would vote for whoever played the best game.  He's also the only castaway so far to say good things about Chrissy.  Also, he mentioned that Lauren wasn't getting credit for her amazing social game or some of the moves she was making on screen.  So that makes me think that Lauren is getting just enough of a good, strategic edit, but maybe not enough to win. 

Yet we have Ben, playing the double agent, making fake idols, and being called a threat, and I think there is more to come.  You're probably right in your assumption that he finds out there was a plan to boot him, or he ends up butting heads again with Ashley, and goes back to Chrissy/Ryan.  Maybe he does it while Mike is still there and they can have a majority, or he waits until it's down to 6 and idols someone out.  I do think his best chance of winning is against Chrissy and Ryan, and probably Ashley.  The fact that Desi said she doesn't like her but respects her game has had me wondering if she ends up being a Chrissy vote.  Lauren may be getting the fan favorite/sentimental edit where she goes out just short of the finals.  I still don't see how Chrissy wins, unless people are bitter at Ben, or think he took the easy route in trying to win by going to the final 3 with her and Ryan.  I wouldn't want Chrissy to win, but I would enjoy a jury saying 'hey, we see what you're doing, and we're going to reward the so called goats since you thought you had an easy landslide victory against them.'  IIRC, that was the logic behind the new final 3 format this season-the IIC winner picking someone to take, the other two battling it out in a tie breaker.  How that eliminates taking a goat to the end, I don't know.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

IIRC, that was the logic behind the new final 3 format this season-the IIC winner picking someone to take, the other two battling it out in a tie breaker.  How that eliminates taking a goat to the end, I don't know.

I think, more specifically, it's that you can't count on taking a goat to the end - somebody else may be included, and you have little or no control over who that might be.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, LadyChatts said:

I had seen some discussion in the ep thread about Ben still being with Chrissy/Ryan, or going back to them if he thinks they are more beatable (which they most likely are, compared to Lauren/Devon/Ashley).  However, Ben would also have to be careful not to piss the jury off by making a move like that for the sake of an easier win.  Could be where the double agent and "Ben's a threat" talk came from this episode, and it leads there.  Also, Probst said the last third of the season was full of twists, turns, and moments you wouldn't see coming, so I don't know if he would say that if the foursome just picked off Ryan/Chrissy/Mike.  

I think Lauren would be fine with it, she is playing a smart strategic game and would understand the move. I think Ashley would not be ok with it, mainly because she has been upset with Ben and his dictating play for a little bit so his turning on Ashley would not be taken in stride by her. I think Devon would say that he is fine because Devon sees himself as a strategic genius and the real puppet master of the season bt I doubt that Devon would vote for Ben. I suspect Devon will claim that he is the one responsible for those moves and not give Ben credit for his game play.

• Love 2

I could see Chrissy winning if Lauren and Devon pulled in Ryan and Mike to vote out Ben and Ashley, then Ryan and Mike get voted out, leaving a final 3 of Lauren, Devon and Chrissy. There's a good chance Ben, JP, Ashley and Ryan would vote for Chrissy. She would just need one Healer to vote for her, then.  Or Chrissy with any two Hustlers has a good chance.