Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Spoilers & Rumors

• Start Topic

She reminds me of the Lobster Lady from Marquesas (can't recall her name, but she was part of the Rotu 4 alliance).  She looked tough as nails and I figured she'd be a great camp provider, especially when it came to fishing and swimming in challenges.  She was none of the above.  Seems like she didn't have great social skills, either.  I can't really credit her being in an alliance because Rotu dominated so early on, and I think she was getting dragged along as a goat.

9 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

She reminds me of the Lobster Lady from Marquesas (can't recall her name, but she was part of the Rotu 4 alliance).  She looked tough as nails and I figured she'd be a great camp provider, especially when it came to fishing and swimming in challenges.  She was none of the above.  Seems like she didn't have great social skills, either.  I can't really credit her being in an alliance because Rotu dominated so early on, and I think she was getting dragged along as a goat.

That would be Zoe.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

I wonder how well she can swim.  There are people who work on boats that can't.  Its a job, doesn't mean you like the water. 

It does if you're working a fishing trawler in heavy weather; if you get knocked overboard and can't manage yourself in rough water, you're likely to die - even with a safety line.

• Love 1

Interesting to note that Simone made it sound like Patrick sort of picks on Lauren while the show makes it look like Lauren complains about Patrick.  Simone's take is born out as Patrick is the only cast member who says he doesn't like her - pre-show Ponderosa. 
So is there some tell tale editing going on?  Because Lauren is leaving so lets enhance or make up a reason why?  Especially since we don't want people looking at why Patrick isn't leaving (knows Ali)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-season-35-player-profile-meet-lauren-rimmer-1041461

OMG reading peoples take on Patrick - why is here there?  I can only think its because of Ali.  So many people don't like him. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-season-35-player-profile-meet-patrick-bolton-1041610

If the reddit  boot list is right and its Lauren then Devon, or Devon then Lauren - I sort of get Lauren, honestly after reading that article and Simone's (her asking Simone how to talk to people)  I figure she is totally lost out there.  Family lived in the same town for generations, probably doesn't know anyone she hasn't known her whole life. Nice, quiet, sweet.  Survivor is cruel to those types not to mention Patrick. 

But why Devon?  

Edited by marys1000

My guess is the swap will be happening, possibly after Lauren's boot, and Devon may just be outnumbered.  His new tribe may also look at him as a physical threat and want to get rid of him now before he has a chance to do damage at the merge.

BTW, what other pre-merge people have others heard about?  I keep hearing Joe, Desi, and Ashley, and I've also heard JP and Cole.  I know a lot of the evidence is based on who followed who on SM, which could mean nothing for some.  Desi was seen hanging out in LA with Roark, Ali, Cole and Jessica, with 3 of them rumored to make the merge/jury.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
On 10/7/2017 at 10:07 AM, LadyChatts said:

BTW, what other pre-merge people have others heard about?  I keep hearing Joe, Desi, and Ashley, and I've also heard JP and Cole.  I know a lot of the evidence is based on who followed who on SM, which could mean nothing for some.  Desi was seen hanging out in LA with Roark, Ali, Cole and Jessica, with 3 of them rumored to make the merge/jury.

I have not put time into looking around. However, I could definitely see JP going if Heroes lose a time or two. The other "power couple" and Alan move against him. Either Ashley is left out of the loop, or she goes along with it because it's better for her game. She's on an island with JP until swap or merge. She has an alliance if she turns against him. 

There was a very speculative pre merge list based on screen shots, sm,  and Laurens sm friends list.  Having just checked back it seems that Simon's boot sort of upset the Lauren second boot theories and now everybody's wondering about the veracity of the speculation.  

If Lauren goes tonight as expected, next week might put any doubt (or credibility) in any boot list out there.  Though we haven't seen much of Desi, I really don't want her to be pre-merge.  So I hope that much is wrong.

Well that happened. Once again social media speculation is shown to be unreliable though it wouldn't surprise me if some of these speculated to go pre-merge do go pre-merge based on what is happening on the show,

• Love 1

I totally think Lauren is still pre-merge.  I like her so I'm hoping that's wrong.  In fact, the only pre-merge rumor I hope is true is that Joe goes.  I can't believe they aren't setting him up for a blindside.  No way his edit means he goes far.  There was a reddit spoiler I missed earlier, that said only one of Patrick and Ali made the merge, the other was pre-merge.  Could have just been a lucky guess.

At the rate it's going, Probst must not have been kidding when he said the last third of the season was the part worth watching.

• Love 2

For the returning player seasons spoilers are more accurate and plentiful (mainly because it’s the cast themselves that are spoiling it).  I don’t remember the last newbie season that was heavily or accurately spoiled.

Usually the spoilers end up coming from the show itself in the promos that people dissect.

ETA: Speaking of promos, here's one for next week.  "Shocking Tribal Council" and Jeff saying Survivor Gods don't care about your plans.  I'm really hoping Joe gets blindsided with the idol in his pocket.  And can I say that Chrissy annoys me?  I liked her episode 1, but haven't liked her cockiness since.  She's lucky Katrina was the weaker and less social of the two of them, otherwise she'd have been in pre-jury Ponderosa as the first arrival.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

Was hesitant to bring last week's spoilers over, but since they were all right (especially including the part about Patrick's boot), here are some things from Reddit about episode four, in terms of what goes on at each tribe:

Heroes 2.0:

• Consists of Ashley, Alan, Chrissy, Cole, and Ryan.
  • Ryan and Chrissy align due to Ryan telling her that it was his super idol that he gave to her.
  • Chrissy and Ryan try to reel in both Alan and Ashley, despite their past rocky relationship, to make a majority that puts Cole on the bottom due to the Healer numbers.
  • However, Ashley tires to make an alliance with Cole on the side to target Alan instead. Cole goes to the three others with this information, and Chrissy and Alan lose further trust in Ashley.
  • Ryan, Chrissy, and Alan contemplate whom to get out first of the untrustworthy Ashley and Cole, who potentially has lots of allies on the other tribes.
  • Heroes 2.0 win immunity second.

Healers 2.0:

• Consists of Ali, Ben, Desi, Devon, and Lauren.
  • Desi, knowing she might be in danger, tries to appeal to the Hustlers, who are in the majority.
  • Desi gets through to Ali, but Lauren is more keen to keep Ben around.
  • Ali starts getting annoyed with Lauren and talks about possibly cutting her loose with Devon.  However, Devon is hesitant, as he sees Lauren as a clear ally compared to Desi, whom he has no relationship with.
  • Healers 2.0 win immunity first.

Hustlers 2.0:

• Consists of Jessica, Joe, J.P., Mike, and Roark.
  • Joe is absolutely ecstatic that he ends up being on the only tribe with a Healer majority, as he both can focus on getting Mike and J.P. out before he needs to worry about himself.
  • Roark and Jessica, though, try to reel J.P. in on the plan of blindsiding Joe if they lose.
  • Hustlers 2.0 lose immunity.
  • Back at camp, J.P. feels like it would be a bad idea to vote out Joe, as he's one of the physically stronger members of the tribe.
  • J.P. goes to Joe and spills the beans that the other people are considering blindsiding him.  Filled with confusion and anger, Joe confronts Roark and Jessica in private and asks if what he is hearing is true.
  • Roark and Jessica successfully get the target off themselves.  However, they're furious that J.P. would just go and throw their names under the bus like that.
  • At Tribal Council, Joe plays his idol for himself, but no votes go his way.  J.P. leaves by a vote of 4-1, with Roark, Mike, Joe, and Jessica all voting for J.P., J.P. votes for Mike.

If these are true, then it's interesting to have the first three-tribe tribal swap with no dissolution into two tribes.  I wonder if they'll merge from three, directly to one?

It sounds like Ashley is just completely torpedoing her own game on nuLevu with trying so hard to get rid of Alan.

Also, if nuSoko loses any challenges before the merge, this might explain why Desi was suspected of being a pre-jury boot, since she was on the wrong side of the numbers after a swap, given that she and Ben are both a Soko and a Levu, respectively, outside of a Yawa majority.

And finally, I will be pleased as punch if the nuYawa news is true, because even though I would've loved to have seen Joe blindsided early, J.P. ruining the chance of a blindside makes him more than deserving of the boot instead.  Plus, he's just so bland and boring, I won't miss him.  Plus, Joe wastes his idol, so that's a fine consolation prize if he can't get the boot.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/76y3f9/survivor_heroes_v_healers_v_hustlers_episode_4/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=survivor.

Edited by Star Aristille

If true, I’m glad Joe wastes his Idol, and hopefully that ends up being his downfall. I can’t say I have an opinion one way or the other about JP, but I was (and still am) hoping Joe goes.

ETA: Okay, here's a new promo for this week and it looks like the tribes from the Reddit post are wrong.  Alan/Desi/Joe, and I'm thinking the blonde is Ashley, are New Heroes (haven't learned tribe names yet).  Not sure who the fifth person will be.  Desi, Ashley, and Joe were rumored to be pre-merge due to SM following, which has been pretty much debunked.  In the episode description on the website, there was something about a tribe member annoying his new tribe mates, which is probably Joe. 

The part in the Reddit post about Joe possibly wasting his idol could be true, and someone gets either blindsided or idoled out.  If Desi's the only other Healer on the tribe, she could let them in on Joe's idol, but Joe may feel paranoid enough to play it.  So rather than risk him getting to decide who goes home by the idol play, they could just target someone else.  My hope is Joe is arrogant enough to flaunt the idol around, thinking no one will risk voting him off in case he plays it, then doesn't play it at TC but everyone calls his bluff and he gets voted off anyway.  I'm probably not the lucky though.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Was hesitant to bring last week's spoilers over, but since they were all right (especially including the part about Patrick's boot), here are some things from Reddit about episode four, in terms of what goes on at each tribe:

Heroes 2.0:

• Consists of Ashley, Alan, Chrissy, Cole, and Ryan.
  • Ryan and Chrissy align due to Ryan telling her that it was his super idol that he gave to her.
  • Chrissy and Ryan try to reel in both Alan and Ashley, despite their past rocky relationship, to make a majority that puts Cole on the bottom due to the Healer numbers.
  • However, Ashley tires to make an alliance with Cole on the side to target Alan instead. Cole goes to the three others with this information, and Chrissy and Alan lose further trust in Ashley.
  • Ryan, Chrissy, and Alan contemplate whom to get out first of the untrustworthy Ashley and Cole, who potentially has lots of allies on the other tribes.
  • Heroes 2.0 win immunity second.

Healers 2.0:

• Consists of Ali, Ben, Desi, Devon, and Lauren.
  • Desi, knowing she might be in danger, tries to appeal to the Hustlers, who are in the majority.
  • Desi gets through to Ali, but Lauren is more keen to keep Ben around.
  • Ali starts getting annoyed with Lauren and talks about possibly cutting her loose with Devon.  However, Devon is hesitant, as he sees Lauren as a clear ally compared to Desi, whom he has no relationship with.
  • Healers 2.0 win immunity first.

Hustlers 2.0:

• Consists of Jessica, Joe, J.P., Mike, and Roark.
  • Joe is absolutely ecstatic that he ends up being on the only tribe with a Healer majority, as he both can focus on getting Mike and J.P. out before he needs to worry about himself.
  • Roark and Jessica, though, try to reel J.P. in on the plan of blindsiding Joe if they lose.
  • Hustlers 2.0 lose immunity.
  • Back at camp, J.P. feels like it would be a bad idea to vote out Joe, as he's one of the physically stronger members of the tribe.
  • J.P. goes to Joe and spills the beans that the other people are considering blindsiding him.  Filled with confusion and anger, Joe confronts Roark and Jessica in private and asks if what he is hearing is true.
  • Roark and Jessica successfully get the target off themselves.  However, they're furious that J.P. would just go and throw their names under the bus like that.
  • At Tribal Council, Joe plays his idol for himself, but no votes go his way.  J.P. leaves by a vote of 4-1, with Roark, Mike, Joe, and Jessica all voting for J.P., J.P. votes for Mike.

If these are true, then it's interesting to have the first three-tribe tribal swap with no dissolution into two tribes.  I wonder if they'll merge from three, directly to one?

It sounds like Ashley is just completely torpedoing her own game on nuLevu with trying so hard to get rid of Alan.

Also, if nuSoko loses any challenges before the merge, this might explain why Desi was suspected of being a pre-jury boot, since she was on the wrong side of the numbers after a swap, given that she and Ben are both a Soko and a Levu, respectively, outside of a Yawa majority.

And finally, I will be pleased as punch if the nuYawa news is true, because even though I would've loved to have seen Joe blindsided early, J.P. ruining the chance of a blindside makes him more than deserving of the boot instead.  Plus, he's just so bland and boring, I won't miss him.  Plus, Joe wastes his idol, so that's a fine consolation prize if he can't get the boot.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/76y3f9/survivor_heroes_v_healers_v_hustlers_episode_4/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=survivor.

This was posted in a thread called "Predictions," so I don't think it was ever intended to be a spoiler.

Edited by bml1980
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, bml1980 said:

This was posted in a thread called "Predictions," so I don't think it was ever intended to be a spoiler.

Except in last episode's "prediction" thread, it came out the night before the episode and proved correct.  This one also came out just yesterday, so even though all of it might not happen, the boot at least might.

I saw this on Clubs that Suck.  Alan might have let something slip in one of his interviews about JP/Ashley making the merge.  I remember Monica making a comment about seeing Jeremy for the first time at the airport in one of her interviews during SC, leading people to speculate (correctly) that Jeremy made the merge at least.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/19/survivor-alan-hereoes-healers-hustlers-devon-advantage/

On his personal feelings on Ashley and JP:
“That was all game. I don’t have any problem with Ashley. I don’t have any problem with JP. Hopefully they don’t have a problem with me. Ashley, did she get on my nerves at times out there? Yeah. But I left the game at the game. I don’t have any harsh feelings towards anyone. I haven’t communicated with them but I don’t have any hard feelings towards anyone.”

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

New preview shows Mike finding the idol, and Jessica's there when he finds it (if she tells Cole she might as well tell the whole tribe).  Ben also looks to be feeling depressed.  This week's episode is called "The Past Will Eat Alive" (which I think is a quote from him).  The next few weeks are:

Ep 6: "This is Why You Play Survivor"

Ep 7: "Get to Getting"

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2017 at 0:09 PM, Special K said:

That preview suggests PTSD on Ben's part. I might be wrong.

Yeah I thought the same as you did. Hopefully Last week's Teary Jessica confessional leads to her keeping her mouth shut with Cole about Mike finding a HII

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 3

Jeff said one of his favorite moments this season was the last-third of it.  I'm starting to think it's going to take that long for anything exciting to happen.  And since it's Probst doing the hype, I'm not confident.  Probably some stupid idol play.

I'm also resigned to the fact that Chrissy, Ryan, Joe, and Dr. Mike are going to be around a long time.  I'd like to see Ryan get away from Chrissy, and Desi from Joe.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Jeff said one of his favorite moments this season was the last-third of it.  I'm starting to think it's going to take that long for anything exciting to happen.  And since it's Probst doing the hype, I'm not confident.  Probably some stupid idol play.

I'm also resigned to the fact that Chrissy, Ryan, Joe, and Dr. Mike are going to be around a long time.  I'd like to see Ryan get away from Chrissy, and Desi from Joe.

I don't mind Ryan except for keeping Chrissy last night and I have a feeling Mike might be more aligned with Jessica soon so I'm fine with him lol

• Love 2

When Jeff talked about the last third of the season being one of his favorite things about this season, I’m wondering if we are in for a Pagonging the first part of the merge, and then the main alliance has to finally turn on each other.  

Somehow Jeff’s enthusiasm doesn’t seem to be there for this season.  Maybe he’s just tired, but even on the show he doesn’t seem as excited as he did in previous seasons.  And I haven’t gotten the same excitement in his interviews, either.

• Love 1

I like hearing the last third of this season is notable in his eyes.  We may not share that opinion though.  I do wish he would stop with his opinions about players.  He loves Chrissy, so that says she goes far and I do not like that thought!  Has he said anything about Ben, I haven't seen any?   Probst usually fawns over ex military castaways so no word about Ben is not good.    

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I like hearing the last third of this season is notable in his eyes.  We may not share that opinion though.  I do wish he would stop with his opinions about players.  He loves Chrissy, so that says she goes far and I do not like that thought!  Has he said anything about Ben, I haven't?   Probst usually fawns over ex military castaways so no word about Ben is not good.    

That and the fact that he hasn't hyped the alpha males, another group of his favorites.  I've seen him hype Mike, Ryan, and Chrissy the most.  I think Chrissy would prove an unpopular winner if that happens.  But I still can't believe she's winning with her edit.  Even if it changes.  Of course, Mike Holloway was a douche in the beginning, so....

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Somehow Jeff’s enthusiasm doesn’t seem to be there for this season.  Maybe he’s just tired, but even on the show he doesn’t seem as excited as he did in previous seasons.  And I haven’t gotten the same excitement in his interviews, either.

Think about it: by my count, Jeff is somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 times having had to say:

• “First things first...”
  • “Once again, immunity is back up for grabs.”
  • ”You gotta DIG!!!
  • “Time to vote.”
  • Etc., etc.

...not to mention having to shout “COME ON IN, GUYS!”  about 900 times.

I expect some days, even Peachy has trouble keeping things fresh in his vocabulary crisper.  ;>

• Love 4

Press photos for next episode:

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-heroes-healers-hustlers-episode-7-press-photos-30260

The merged tribe name is Solewa, which as you can see is just taking the first two letters of all three tribes and combining them. Though if they were really clever they should have used the names of the themed tribes and called themselves HeHeHu. ; )

Good news for those that are worried but Cole gets  to eat and gets to eat a lot.

Also, for those wondering where the swimsuits are they were apparently waiting for them at the merge.  (Desi looks amazing)

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, LanceM said:

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-heroes-healers-hustlers-episode-7-press-photos-30260

The merged tribe name is Solewa, which as you can see is just taking the first two letters of all three tribes and combining them. Though if they were really clever they should have used the names of the themed tribes and called themselves HeHeHu. ; )

Good news for those that are worried but Cole gets  to eat and gets to eat a lot.

Also, for those wondering where the swimsuits are they were apparently waiting for them at the merge.  (Desi looks amazing)

Purpley works for me.  Or just Purple.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I miss the days when the merged tribes were creative with their names.

The more I think about, the more I'm really dreading the merge.  I realized I'd rather see Joe make the final 5 over half of these people left.  I really hope we don't wind up with a Chrissy win, or Ryan.  Since there's rumors going around that there's a tie this season at the FTC, I wonder if it's due to game play, or the fact that the jury hated the F3 and just threw votes at who they hated least.

Isn't this the season that the final 3 is being decided by the F4 immunity winner and a fire making contest?  Also, I really wish Jeff hadn't told them ahead of time they aren't doing the directly to rocks in event of a tie vote ahead of time.  That might have actually made an interesting merge if people were too afraid to split the votes.  I liked Ryan early on, but I am not looking forward to the Ryan/Chrissy show.  The only other people getting any real amount of airtime are Joe, Mike, Cole, and Jessica.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Nashville said:
  • “Once again, immunity is back up for grabs.”

...not to mention having to shout “COME ON IN, GUYS!”  about 900 times.

"Back UP ... for grabs."

And don't forget that he looks at his feet when the guys are coming on in.

Speaking of creative tribe names, how about "Murlonio" (Redemption Island)? Rob said it was Spanish for "from the sea, united," but was actually the name of one of Amber's stuffed animals.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, LanceM said:

HeHeHu... sounds like Lamaze breathing! :)

• Love 2
On 10/19/2017 at 10:14 AM, wings707 said:

Who are on that list, please?  

Didn't see anyone answer this, but Katrina, Desi, Ashley, and Joe (I can't remember if there was anyone else).  Katrina is the only one who didn't make the merge.  Ali, Desi, Roark, Cole, and Jessica have been seen hanging out quite a bit post-show, and JP/Cole have hung out as well.  I think there's the California connection with all of them, but no hard feelings apparently if anything did happen in the game.

FWIW, Ryan got a merge interview with Dalton Ross.  Zeke and Debbie got merge interviews in their respective seasons and were gone shortly after.  Maybe a ‘Chrissy blindsides Ryan’ is on the horizon?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I hope Jeff is right and this season does heat up post-merge.  This season is just boring as all heck thus far.  I think this is the first season where I do not know every player by name who has made the merge.  

I am not sure if it is the cast or the season's concept but this season just has done nothing for me, it is almost a chore watching it.  Heck I looked forward to seeing new episodes of Australian Survivor (that damn thing was a marathon but I never got bored watching it) so it is not like I am done with the show itself.  I am just going to go with not feeling this cast.

• Love 5

If some of the main players (Chrissy, Joe, Ryan) can get blindsided, or have their alliance fall apart (and preferably not win), this season might not be a loss.  I've seen mixed reactions so far.  Some people are enjoying this season, others not so much.  Doesn't seem to be much in between.  The themes are just stupid and pointless.  I've been re-watching Gabon and Caramoan, and dare I say I've actually enjoyed Gabon more on re-watch than I am this current season?  At least that season had a hapless band of underdogs take control.  

So we'll see.  Desi's really the one I'm rooting for the most, even though we haven't seen a lot of her.  Ben, Devon, and Lauren would round out my top 4.  Chrissy, Joe, Ryan, JP, and Cole can go anytime.  I think Ryan is going to be sorry sticking with Chrissy.  Or maybe she'll be sorry teaming up with him.  Either way I hope one of them screws the other over.    

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I think Ryan is going to be sorry sticking with Chrissy.  Or maybe she'll be sorry teaming up with him.  Either way I hope one of them screws the other over.    

Given JP's* love of the latter part of this season and his high praise of Chrissy, I'd bet she dispatches Ryan in some spectacularly clever or cold-blooded way.

ETA:  *Jeff Probst, not JP

Edited by Special K
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Special K said:

Given JP's* love of the latter part of this season and his high praise of Chrissy, I'd bet she dispatches Ryan in some spectacularly clever or cold-blooded way.

Or she gets rid of all the women and allows his precious alpha-males to rule the game.  Which . . . nightmare in the making.

• Love 3

Given what Jeff said about liking Chrissy, I would have been surprised if she had gone tonight.  But then I thought maybe that's Probst's way of saying he really hated her and was just trying to throw everyone off.  At any rate, I think she's around for awhile.  Unfortunately.  Probst also said Dr. Mike was one of the highlights of the season, but I don't know if he meant that all the way through the season or what at this point.  Chrissy doesn't seem well liked in some of the post boot interviews I've read.  Will be interesting what Jessica has to say.  I still can't believe she will win with her current cocky edit, but there's enough time for them to change her into some rootable character I guess.  Too late for me, though.

Just glad Lauren, Devon, and Desi made the jury.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Jeff, stop telling us who your favorites are!  That is spoiler information.  I knew Chrissy was safe.  

When the entire season is spoiled, boot list included I read them.  That is entirely different than getting one piece of the puzzle.  I am not sure why but it is.  I am very disappointed that I know Chrissy will go far.  

• Love 2

I guess I'm glad to know she'll be around awhile.  At least I won't get excited every week for nothing.

I hate the fact that if Probst likes her, she'll probably be back next returning player season.  I just don't get what's so special about her.  But this cast as a whole I could say that about.

• Love 1