Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Sari, Not Sari...

• Start Topic

i don't understand why people are upset over landon and cameran.  this is the way i see it.

1.    100% agree with cameran....everyone should stay out of k's & t's relationship.  I don't think Cameran meant she didn't want to include k in group events.  she just didn't want to discuss k & t's relationship and didn't think anyone should be because it isn't anyone's business but k & t.

2.  landon -  i don't particularly like or dislike her.  her voice and laugh are annoying.  but she never attacked k verbally until k went after landon unprovoked.  i don't blame landon not wanting to be around k.  k is always all about k.  there were several times i thought k might physically attack landon.  k never lets landon talk.  

i don't understand why satan andy doesn't intervene at the reunion when k won't let landon speak.

3.  i don't think cameran really cares if chelsea gets together with shep or not.  i think it is totally producer driven,.

4.  really can't stand craig especially this season.  he only came back to be on the show.  he's a total knowitall. iirc when craig came back to south carolina he mentioned that he didn't know naomie and somehow she texted him because she saw him on the show....am i dreaming this?  anyway i came to like her and detest him.  

i think he is sponging off her and her family 

.at first, i thought she deserved it because  that was how she was paying for her 15 minutes of fame.  now i feel she has more than paid for the 15  minutes 

• Love 6
On 5/24/2017 at 4:22 PM, Sage47 said:

Wow, Will Folks sure has a hard on for Kathryn, you can almost see the drool stains when you read a piece he has written on her. Kathryn is beautiful but is she the most stunning creature on earth or even in SC? Nah. Take it easy Will. 

It was Will Folks' drooling over Kathryn that made Thomas go after her in the first place. The whole thing was a bit...icky. 

The defenders of Kathryn have me scratching my head. There is nothing left to defend. She is vindictive, lacking empathy, manipulative, a user...but most importantly, she cares more about drugs than her children. Ewww. 

I agree full stop with Scooby. I don't like the way Chelsea treats Austen. She has very high confidence and a lot of cockiness. She thinks she is all that and it's clear she is not that into Austen as she was grossed out by a little of his sweat. Among other clues: how she talks to him like a buddy. Cut him loose Chelsea. He's actually a nice guy. 

who is will folks?  otherwise ta with your assessment!  

On 5/24/2017 at 4:31 PM, slowpoked said:

Maybe something happened towards the end of filming or just after they finished? Because it seemed like everyone was in good spirits when they came back from Key West to film Cam's birthday celebration. Kathryn even mentioned on social media that she had a good time with everyone AND Thomas. As I recall, that was also the first "event" in which the entire cast was there, including secondary cast members such as Danni, Jen and JD/Elizabeth. I think they're making Cam's birthday the penultimate episode of the season.

Is the episode for Saint's birthday coming up? I don't see it in any of the previews yet. That was apparently the first event in which Bravo strictly ordered the entire cast to film with Kathryn.

how do you know the cast were 'ordered' to film with her?

9 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

LOVE! One of my all time favorite foods!!!

Russ & Daughters is tha truth! Also Acme whitefish salad.

11 hours ago, Alison said:

Listening to Patricia explain the wonders of curry, as though she had just discovered it, made me roll my eyes.

10 hours ago, DeepRed said:

My mother-in-law discovered the wonders of enchiladas just a couple of years ago.  She had her first bagel & lox last year.  That seems crazy, I know, but there are people who aren't very experienced food-wise.  It always takes me aback a little.  As I mentioned earlier, that curry didn't look hugely authentic to me, but more like a ladies-who-lunch variety, so maybe ol' Pat did have her first-ever curry during her trip to India.  Or maybe she thought that some of her guests might never have had curry, so she was just being nice in instructing them.

Meh, food trends change so quickly.  I eat things my mom never will and vice versa.  So I'll give Pat credit for being enthusiastic about something new.

I cracked up at Patricia talking about how to eat curry like she's Queen Isabella of Spain trying organize an expedition for Christopher Columbus to find a new way to India.

6 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

how do you know the cast were 'ordered' to film with her?

It's because there are always a handful of events that everyone attends and you'll see the nominal hosts trying to come up with lame ass reasons that the pariah has to be invited. They are all such horrible actors that these scenes always come off weird and stilted. But I think we can infer that the cast was ordered to film with Kathryn because she was known to be a pain in the ass to work with. She was in California when they started filming. They didn't need to bring her back for this season. Even if they did bring her back, it could have been much more limited just to bookend the custody story. They could have had her film with Snowden, JD and Elizabeth, her parents, maybe a therapist, and finally Thomas.

The fact that they've had her film so much extraneous stuff tells me that they weren't sure how the season was going and they thought it better throw Kathryn at everything and everyone if they needed to edit the season to make it seem like she was much more involved with the cast than she actually was. Shep and Craig are the only ones who seem to get that the producers have real insecurities about the entertainment value and watchability of the rest of the cast. It's why they are quick to do what the producers want them to do.

• Love 7
On 5/22/2017 at 11:29 PM, diva2themax said:

Oh Georgette was being sarcastic thanking them lol. Her mouth was puckered up & she looked pissed.

Honestly though, she's not the Pope.  Trying to dictate the tone of the entire evening, conversations and so on?  Failing venture.  There's decorum but adult people will do what they want to do.  She has to lead a limited life if she never encounters a curse word because there are people from Bill Gates down to the Chimney sweep that curse.

• Love 6
On 5/26/2017 at 5:50 PM, jaybird2 said:

i don't understand why people are upset over landon and cameran.  this is the way i see it.

1.    100% agree with cameran....everyone should stay out of k's & t's relationship.  I don't think Cameran meant she didn't want to include k in group events.  she just didn't want to discuss k & t's relationship and didn't think anyone should be because it isn't anyone's business but k & t.

2.  landon -  i don't particularly like or dislike her.  her voice and laugh are annoying.  but she never attacked k verbally until k went after landon unprovoked.  i don't blame landon not wanting to be around k.  k is always all about k.  there were several times i thought k might physically attack landon.  k never lets landon talk.  

It's hard for me to understand why ANYONE would want to be around Kathryn.  I have yet to see anything from her that shows the slightest bit of warmth of empathy for people.  Thomas is an overgrown lothario who had his own substance abuse problems but I get why people would prefer to be around him than her. He at least has shown some caring for people.

• Love 8
On 5/26/2017 at 4:50 PM, jaybird2 said:

i don't understand why satan andy doesn't intervene at the reunion when k won't let landon speak.

Don't understand why Craig and Shep are upset over Landon and Cameran? Or why some folks here are upset about Landon and Cameran?

I think most people on Previously and on the show realize that Kathryn is a chaotic mess that they wouldn't want in their lives. However, the producers and Andy think she makes for good television. Whining and complaining about how they don't want to be around Kathryn isn't going to change anything for Cameran or Landon. By the time of this dinner, Kathryn has already filmed with JD and Elizabeth, Snowden, Danni, Chelsea, Shep, and Craig (?). Was some bitching by Cameran and Landon going to make the producers change their minds? As the preview for the next episode shows, the answer is no. There is no point in them digging in their heels when TPTB clearly have other ideas about what the show should look like. The producers are clearly still in the Kathryn business.

That continues to be my issue with Cameran and Landon. Neither of them has so much going for them that the producers might be inclined to completely cut Kathryn from the cast. Unfortunately, this is the shit they have to choke down in order to get paid. If they feel that strongly about being around Kathryn, they can quit. This is a lesson that many a real housewife has had to learn. It hasn't worked for any of them why would it work the randoms on Southern Charm.

That being said, I think the show could cut Kathryn next season and not really be starved for story. Kathryn sucks, but she sucks in ways that make interesting television. Her obnoxious lunch with Snowden was fascinating. However, there is finally enough story from the peripheral cast that we don't need trash bag Burton (Thomas) and Taylor (Kathryn) to be the dysfunctional chaos engine that drives the season forward.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

Thomas' Dad is AWESOME!

Favorite moment of the season..

"When are we gonna get a break from you?"

That was a hell of a zinger. Racist old daddy still making his son feel like shit. Not that Thomas hasn't earned some of the negativity, but he's provided two adorable grandchildren and is making efforts to be a good father to them. How about a little emotional support, Racist Grandpa?

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

That was a hell of a zinger. Racist old daddy still making his son feel like shit.

Yeah. Not a fan of Daddy Warbucks Ravenal. I actually felt sorry for Thomas in that scene.

• Love 12
(edited)

Cameron is a stealth bitch and a snob. She hates it that there's nothing interesting enough about her or the others that draws people to the show.  While Landon is attractive she wouldn't get a second glance anywhere except Charleston. 

I don't understand why it's wrong for Kathryn to reach out but okay for everyone to make rehearsed speeches about what a good parent the ex-con is. What Thomas is doing isn't extraordinary, it's called being a parent. 

I know you can't read people's minds, but while re-watching the last few episodes tonight, Katherine doesn't seem too upset for a woman who doesn't have those two little kids.  She's meeting up with friends, etc. like she's oblivious to what's going on in her life.  I don't get it.  IMO, I think she's cold.  Let's see how she acts in tonight's episode.

Why do people always want to police others' emotions? She's not obligated to show us herself sobbing into bibs and onesies to prove she misses her kids.

It's maddening to me that the media routinely claims bad acts by 30+ yo are due to naivete or youth but a 23-year-old trying to manage being a parent is supposed to be the height of maturity and sophistication. One of the problems with being emotionally immature is you don't trust anyone enough to ask questions and get the info you need. I think if JD's wife, Liz (??) would offer advice or help Kathryn would take it.

I like Chelsea and Austen more if it bugs Shep. 

I'm so sick of the talk of having "blue blood" because it obviously provides you no more intelligence, compassion, wit or ability to stay out of jail, than us regular folks.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 6

After watching reruns, I've decided Naomie looks like a feminine version of her father. She's just "blonded" her hair. I think she works what she's got very well. I find her beautiful. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I think if JD's wife, Liz (??) would offer advice or help Kathryn would take it.

I have to disagree. She is an addict and possibly someone suffering from mental illness. Kind regards and well intentioned comments will not help her. She needs an interventionist, a solid treatment center or program and on-going relationship with a sponsor/therapist/mentor.

I feel poorly for Kathryn but at this point she has had what most consider the worst case scenario- lost custody of two kids/shipped away- and it hasn't registered as a rock bottom for her. She needs to find her bottom to start to rebuild and no one can make that realization for her.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, robroy said:

I feel poorly for Kathryn but at this point she has had what most consider the worst case scenario- lost custody of two kids/shipped away- and it hasn't registered as a rock bottom for her. She needs to find her bottom to start to rebuild and no one can make that realization for her.

A loved one of mine had to wind up homeless with only a spare pair of underwear to his name to reach out for help. He spent time in a live-in treatment center, in that he could get a job when he was up to it, but had a place to stay where he got full-time support. Kathryn needs something like that. But only after she winds up naked in the streets of Charleston, singing at the top of her lungs.

• Love 1
On 5/25/2017 at 11:29 AM, xtwheeler said:

That's where I think maybe the term "personality disorder" OS opposed to run of the mill "mental illness" is being misunderstood. With, say, bipolar disorder, the disorder is, to some extent, superimposed on top of the individual personality. This is in part because things like bipolar & schizophrenia tend to manifest after basic personality traits are mostly established. A bipolar person has a mostly established identity, and then bipolar disorder develops on top of that, largely as a biochemical disorder. When properly controlled with medication and therapy, bipolar disorder can be essentially in remission, and the underlying, formed personality is again able to function. 

A personality disorder is actually a disordered development of the inherent personality. Through therapy you can work on how that disordered personality is expressed, and you can learn behavior modification, but it is always going to be intrinsic. 

Here is the analogy. Let's say you are moderately allergic to peanuts. Picking them off of stuff is ok, but eating them is not. You are served two giant sundaes. One is two scoops of vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, a cherry, and chopped peanuts on top. You can have the kitchen scrape off the peanuts and eat your sundae without triggering your allergy. The other sundae is two scoops of peanut butter ice cream with rivers of peanut butter, chocolate and peanut butter sauce, and topped with whipped cream and peanuts. No matter what you do those peanuts are integrated to sundae, and cannot be separated out. You cannot unmake the ice cream or sauce and strip out the peanuts. First sundae is personality plus bipolar peanuts, second sundae is personality disorder. 

So when you say "it is not her personality disorder, it is HER" you're both right and wrong. It IS her personality disorder BECAUSE she is  her personality disorder. Unless and until we can rewrite the basic building blocks of an individual's personality and identity (and grapple with those ethics) there is "management" of a personality disorder but no "fix." And the coldness you see, the disregard for others, the mercenary behavior, that IS her and IT IS her personality disorder. 

I love when a thing I understood only vaguely (or not at all) is explained in such a way as to make me say ahh, totally got that.  I wish you'dve been my precalc professor.

On 5/25/2017 at 6:33 PM, biakbiak said:

I think he looks 15 to 20 years older than he is and is aging terribly.

When he said he was 29 years old, shit you not I was waiting for whomever he said it to to start giggling.   The boy looks at least 40. 

On 5/26/2017 at 2:11 AM, fliptopbox said:

And PS to southern people.....northerners do tend to speak louder. Maybe not everyone, but it is a pretty common trait.

Lol!  And faster and um, less genteel-like. 

On 5/26/2017 at 5:50 AM, biakbiak said:

He has said so much worse shit to Cam and to everyone about present at the Sip and See about her. He called her a child, a moron and stupid to several people and during the therapy session the only thing he said was "she started it.

He's an asshole.   His primary argument defense is a thing I absolutely loathe: 

I never call you names

You called me a fucking moron as you walked off the porch

I did that because....

Soooo, we're back to you did that, then?   Circular as fuck.  Can't get anywhere with anybody defending their position, when, dude the girl is right, you did that.   In the interest of fairness Naomie can be an asshole to him too, but the reason I find it less bothersome is her shittiness is often in reaction to his shittiness.  It's all shitty, I want them to break up either way. 

I never watch this show but couldn't find the remote during yesterday's marathon so forgive me if I' episode mashing.  He was fixing her dinner and going on about what a catch he is.  Bachelors of the world?  This is only a statement for your mom to say to you.  Specifically (because of the very specific skill set and consideration it takes for him to do something for her, which I'm presuming she does for him often) he said something like - paraphrasing:  I hope she realizes she as lucky as (I thought he was going to say as lucky as I am to be with her.  But instead said:) I think she is.  

So when asked if she had anything to inquire of the seer at Pat's dinner, I was really hoping she was gonna ask if he was ever going to be less of a dick.  And if so, yeah, when?

Speaking of Patricia.    A. she's 79?  Mazel.  I can see there's been work, but tastefully done, I would never have guessed her to be nearly 80.  and B.  Her dinner party made me sad.  The instructions on how to adorn your curry, the attempt at sterile conversation, that ridiculous looking goose egg on Georgette's finger.  I'm sorry but if that thing is rare we should've been able to see clear down to her knuckle, camera lens or no.   Also a little pissed for them, East Indian feasts actually contain, you know, food.   I mean excluding peanuts, was there even more than one course? 

On 5/26/2017 at 8:28 AM, Sage47 said:

Craig is good looking enough but I don't find him attractive. He had a craggy face in his mid 20's-why is that?? Was he doing meth? Seriously, he was and is aging very poorly. I also hate that he greases his hair down-and he wears cheesy clothes. 

I am one that thinks Naomie is beautiful. 

I thought Thomas looked so handsome in the scene with his dad. 

Shep was always my favorite but I am seeing him differently lately. He sure does have charisma but he can be mean. He made some semi-cutting put down to Austen in front of Landon, who he (Austen) was enjoying flirting with. I hate those "friends" that love to make fun of you in front of others. Total assholes. 

I don't mean to laugh.  Immediately I thought:  context.   Sitting next to a 100 year old confederate flag waving klansmen would probably make anybody look adorable.    But the lighting or.....something did seem particularly kind to Thomas in that scene.    A thing I think he'll need once he hears that bar chick ask who's the old man?  Lol!!

Cats would consider me decidedly not "OC", nonetheless I thought the sound Gizmo made enjoying his/her (?) treat was cute.   Otherwise I still sort of feel about them the way Whitney does about babies.  

Austen cracked my heart open with his story about his sister and I don't want to like him.   I feel for him because I don't think Chelsea can/does take him seriously, I think she's more attracted to Shep but knows he don't wife em, he one nights em.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Immediately I thought:  context.   Sitting next to a 100 year old confederate flag waving klansmen would probably make anybody look adorable.   

OMG...lol.

His drawl was definitely stronger, which I did think was cute. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/30/2017 at 1:43 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Speaking of Patricia.    A. she's 79?  Mazel.  I can see there's been work, but tastefully done, I would never have guessed her to be nearly 80. 

I posted some days ago that she is 79 but I read a couple of reliable sources later that she recently turned 76. Still, looking good for 76. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1
On 5/28/2017 at 0:58 PM, TheFinalRose said:

Yeah. Not a fan of Daddy Warbucks Ravenal. I actually felt sorry for Thomas in that scene.

As did I.  I saw it as here is this man's youngest born kid that felt abandoned when Daddy left Mommy who always felt he had something to prove.  And instead of seeing that, Dad is still belittling him.  Yeah, Thomas has made mistakes but as a now single father, he absolutely did not need to be put down in that moment.  And the way the man couldn't find wiggle room with going to his grandchild's fist birthday.  Sad.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Noire said:

As did I.  I saw it as here is this man's youngest born kid that felt abandoned when Daddy left Mommy who always felt he had something to prove.  And instead of seeing that, Dad is still belittling him.  Yeah, Thomas has made mistakes but as a now single father, he absolutely did not need to be put down in that moment.  And the way the man couldn't find wiggle room with going to his grandchild's fist birthday.  Sad.  

The old fucker probably gets off on seeing that hurt look on his son's face - it's likely intentional, and definitely sick.

• Love 6

Season 1 Thomas has also said that he's made more money than all other Ravenels before. I wonder if that's another reason for Arthur's assholish-ness.

wow. No wonder Thomas is always talking about his Carolina blue blood, and his "our kind" comments. All that brash talk is a cover for his low self-esteem. He's always reminding people of what he thinks makes him so special.  He does it because his own father thinks he's a fuck up. 

• Love 5
On 5/22/2017 at 9:40 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Thank you for the clickable link. A childs death can change a family in an instant. It looked like he had come to peace with it...I'm glad for him. 

Yes. I lost two siblings in a tragic accident that instantly changed the dynamic of the entire family. My mother never fully recovered and was unable to parent fully afterward. Two older surviving siblings have never really recovered either, and have had numerous challenges throughout their lives.

On 5/22/2017 at 9:55 PM, Major Bigtime said:

I got to thinking about Austen's younger sister, and I wonder how she feels knowing she wouldn't have been born had the older sister not died.

My younger sibling always felt as though he was a "replacement baby" after two of my older siblings died. It wasn't necessarily a positive thing for him.

• Love 2

Re: Chelsea and Austin, their moment where they connected where his sister was named Kyle and her brother was named Kyle resonated.

My SIL and BIL always say that a few dates in they knew they were supposed to be together because their birthdays were only 1 day off. Still married 16 years later.

• Love 2
On 5/23/2017 at 7:09 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn is reaching out to the CAST. She could care less about these people being her friends, she wants airtime. That's the only reason she's suddenly being contrite and sorry for her batshit craziness.

Did Landon/ Thomas tell you that?

(edited)
On 5/24/2017 at 7:39 AM, LIMOM said:

DAng you really have a boner against Kathryn. Did she steal your lunch money or something? Lol

The poster has commented several times that Thomas is a friend of a friend.

Not limom, but the poster limom was referencing.

Edited by Swim mom
Clarifying which poster