Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Kimmy Gets Divorced?!

Kimmy getting back at The Reverend was so satisfying. Hell yeah, he took 15 years of her life, let him suffer! And going to college on his dime? Absolutely.

Mikey's definitely not cheating, right? This has to be a misunderstanding. He would never!

Loved the return of Coriolanus and his Matilda costume was hilarious! "I've been in every performance of Matilda...'s Wednesday matinees, when the child actors have to go to school and all the roles are played by adults."

"He cheated on you or whatever." "He kidnapped me." "I said, 'Or whatever.'" And then later: "He has a bunker? Weird. Wonder what he'd use that for."

• Love 6
On 5/19/2017 at 9:04 AM, mtlchick said:

I really hope the folks at Sesame Street have a sense a humour about this audition process.

Cookie Monster once went on the Colbert Report and declared "Me Robert Downey Jr of cookies."  And the cast had a group outing to see Avenue Q when it first started on Broadway.

There's some naughtiness in there.

So they couldn't get (or didn't want to get) David Cross to sign on full time. This isn't exactly a realistic show but Kimmy staying married to the Reverand to take his money is a bad idea. I think Titus had the best plot of the episode. Overall it felt like they were trying to set things up for the season. 

• Love 1
On 5/19/2017 at 9:00 PM, LADreamr said:

"But I turned the tables!"

"But you're still at that table."

Truth.  But I loved watching her mess with him. 

This was me. Yeah, Kimmy messing with The Reverend was awesome, but it's also important to see her finally move on from him (though to be honest I don't think she'll completely shed the bunker years until the show is over). That's why I'm really here for her contesting the divorce and using the money she makes selling his assets to get herself a college education. She gets to move on, but he still gets to pay (literally) for what he did to her.

• Love 1

So, the show decides to start its new season by what would be the weirdest sexual harassment suit in the history of the entertainment industry. Never change.

Oh Kimmy, break away from the Rev! I understand the desire to screw with him after everything he did to her, but she needs to move on. The best revenge is just forgetting all about that piece of shit and living an awesome life!

• Love 2
On 19/05/2017 at 8:37 PM, helenamonster said:

"He cheated on you or whatever." "He kidnapped me." "I said, 'Or whatever.'" And then later: "He has a bunker? Weird. Wonder what he'd use that for."

Jacqueline forgetting Kimmy's life story was a funny running gag. The grandmother from Who's the Boss once told her that you can stand anything for 10 seconds.

• Love 1

It was definitely satisfying to see Kimmy drive him crazy. I know that nothing will ever give back the fifteen years she lost (and let's not forget about the weird sex stuff), but I think that it was cathartic for him to finally wield some power in that situation. When she was talking about going for walks in the park and eating pizza, I totally cracked up. But I agree that ultimately, not having to deal with him anymore will be her ultimate revenge so the realistic part of me hopes that she gets some real therapy and deals with it. The tv viewer, however, is okay with her getting a little revenge right now after everything he did to her.

Loved seeing the Genie from Aladdin in that ridiculous Matilda costume. When he started running on his knees, I totally cracked up.

Trashbag Titus made me laugh, but I also loved that Kimmy had him because she missed Titus.

• Love 1

Beginning my watch for the new season!

Loved Kimmy getting some well-deserved revenge on The Reverend, by dragging out the divorce signing and having him at her mercy for once.  While I definitely think she needs to eventually do it to be done with him for good, it is great that she has the power now.  I do think her continuing to do so in order to get settlement money for her college could cause issues down the line, but I do think there is a legit reason to get some compensation for what he did and all the time she lost being in that bunker.  Plus, it means that Jon Hamm will hopefully be popping in for a few more episode, which would be great.

Titus storyline was great, with his scene with Coriolanus and the creepiest audition process ever with the "Sesame Street" guy.  Not sure what to make of the "cliffhanger" with Mikey though, except I suspect it will be a fake-out of some kind.  It wasn't like he saw any actual kissing or flirting, but just a few minor stuff that could easily be explained away.  But knowing Titus, he'll make a big show out of it.

I'm impressed over how Jacqueline can somehow be both supportive towards Kimmy and indifferent to her plight at the same time.