Type keyword(s) to search

Series Anticipation: Angel's in the Navy

SIX cleaned up for CBS. Over on the SIX forum I even posted that I preferred The Unit to the real world nastiness of that show. With SEAL Team and S.W.A.T. coming it looks like they are prepping a replacement for the NCIS franchise and Hawaii 5-0

3 hours ago, Raja said:

Well as long as the CO isn't having an adulterous affair with one of his sailor's spouse

Hah, yeah.  "This looks like The Unit" is what I thought, since Six looked only like so much garbage to me.

As far as The Unit reboots in this upcoming season go, this looks like the lesser one.  David Boreanz isn't selling me, the banter is a little too twee, and if the show is going to have him enter into an affair with the lead intelligence officer I do not want.

On 5/22/2017 at 4:19 PM, mtlchick said:

I would have been a lot more interested if Jim Caviezel stayed on with the project.  I don't mind David, but...ehhhh.  Not sold. 

I agree but I'll still check it out because Max Theriot is on it and really liked him as a Dylan on Bates Motel and it looks as though he is going to be in the center of the action so for him I'll still watch but agree I'd rather Jim Caviezel and wonder what the creative differences were that happened ? I'm not really familiar with David Boreanz so will give him a chance to see if I like him or not but I already liked Jim from POI so reading where he left was disappointing ??

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, mtlchick said:

I would have been a lot more interested if Jim Caviezel stayed on with the project.  I don't mind David, but...ehhhh.  Not sold. 

I have to say when I heard Jim Caviezel was being replaced with David Boreanz that my interest in the show tanked.

I never saw "Angel" but within the past year I've done an on and off "Bones" marathon through the entire series and I find that I absolutely adore Boreanz (or maybe it's Booth I like so much; idk.)  The advertisement for the show caught my eye so I'm definitely going to tune in, but every time I hear about a SEAL-based tv show I worry it's going to be laugh out loud horrible like that old Charlie (pre-tiger blood) Sheen movie!

• Love 1

Isn't David Boreanaz at least a decade or so too old for something like this? I realize the guys in elite units are older than average, so I could buy maybe mid to late 30s, but he's 48. If this series runs for several years (as his shows tend to) it's going to get ridiculous in a hurry.

It's crazy how harshly actresses are judged they age, but these guys keep getting cast as if time doesn't apply to them.

Maybe he really IS immortal.....

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:01 AM, Sienna said:

Isn't David Boreanaz at least a decade or so too old for something like this? I realize the guys in elite units are older than average, so I could buy maybe mid to late 30s, but he's 48. If this series runs for several years (as his shows tend to) it's going to get ridiculous in a hurry.

I agree that David Boreanaz is too old for this role. Of course Jim Caviezel would have been too old for the role as well, but I find Jim hotter than David so I still wish Jim had be cast.

Edited by Fireball