Type keyword(s) to search

2017 The Rejected: Who Got Cut

radishcake
  • Start Topic

This girl is so cute! She seems like a solid dancer too...maybe just needs some polishing with technique and performance but i really hope she tries out again! she seems to be friends with a LOT of current and former DCCs! 

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

This girl is so cute! She seems like a solid dancer too...maybe just needs some polishing with technique and performance but i really hope she tries out again! she seems to be friends with a LOT of current and former DCCs! 

I feel kind of bad saying it because she's a cute dancer and seems like a sweet girl, but Alex has tried out several times now (at least three per her Instagram), and I'm afraid what's keeping her out of training camp is her look. She's got a strangely shaped face and a lot of lines/dimples when she smiles big. If they had a problem with Chandler, I can imagine they have an issue with her for the same reason. Like I said, I feel awful saying it, but it's a sad reality.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

From that one clip, I enjoy watching her. She has technique, she's fluid, she's peppy. From the one whole battement, she may have some flexibility issues. Girlfriend just may need to work on her kicks.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:18 PM, Oranaiche said:

I feel kind of bad saying it because she's a cute dancer and seems like a sweet girl, but Alex has tried out several times now (at least three per her Instagram), and I'm afraid what's keeping her out of training camp is her look. She's got a strangely shaped face and a lot of lines/dimples when she smiles big. If they had a problem with Chandler, I can imagine they have an issue with her for the same reason. Like I said, I feel awful saying it, but it's a sad reality.

I think you may be right :(

She's such a pretty girl so I hope she doesn't get discouraged

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

Looks like Sheridan and Raylee are now Mavericks Dancers.....

Yeah this is kind of in every thread on here lol..a few pages up. I guess we're all excited for her/them.

• Love 2

Firstly, Raylee looks gorgeous here.

Secondly, I never really thought about how Mavs has such a small team compared to DCC. I wonder how it will feel cheering in a more intimate (in comparison) environment? 

I hope she gets a chance to shine more.

• Love 2

After watching the first 2 episodes, I am sad that Kaitlynn from OK didn't make training camp. She seemed to be a good fit. Anyone else surprised by those who did or didn't make training camp?

• Love 3

I think CMT wanted to make her out to be "champion ballroom dancer trying out for pro cheerleading for the first time" because that's what I thought when I first saw it. Very strange that it wasn't mentioned. They had a few girls from the JFC try out so maybe they wanted her to seem different. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ellekotonyok said:

I wonder why ballroom dance Kate didn't mention she was on Jets Flight Crew? 

BioCard_Kate.jpg

She probably did (she didn't seem shy about self promotion) but it was likely edited out to focus on the ballroom story. You could see one of her Flight Crew pics on the cover sheet that K, J and C reviewed. 

I'm kind of bummed she didn't make it further, if only for her solo! But mostly because I really, really wanted to see her makeover. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, kalibean said:

She probably did (she didn't seem shy about self promotion) but it was likely edited out to focus on the ballroom story. You could see one of her Flight Crew pics on the cover sheet that K, J and C reviewed. 

I'm kind of bummed she didn't make it further, if only for her solo! But mostly because I really, really wanted to see her makeover. 

Me too!! Would've loved to seen her solo.  She looks sooooooo much better up in her Flight Crew pic!!!! Wow.

I think her teeth and hair were an issue.  Couldn't they have fixed that?? I mean after all they gave Nicole Hamilton braces behind her teeth to fix her smile. At preliminaries m she totally reminded me of the singer for ABBA  because of her look. LOL  she dated and aged herself for sure.  But looks great up in that pic. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

That picture makes jets girl face look not so harsh. She had a very pointy chin in the episode.

In a lot of the Jets photos she looks really nice in my opinion

CvjQZ0WWAAA-r3_.jpg

14 hours ago, kalibean said:

I wanted to see her makeover too! I wonder what they would have done?!?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

The girl on the right? That's a hard no from me lol

Me too, but ballroom is on the left ?? I think she just needs all new makeup. And I mean throw it out and start over. There's a perfectly attractive girl in there. 

I believe heartily in the makeover! Auto Amy came a long way from her first audition, plus Madeline, Jinelle, etc. Maybe she had a bad reputation in the dance world? Wonder if she danced with Danielle, but even if she didn't, they probably know some of the same people. 

• Love 1

I dunno. Ballroom looks like she's trying her hardest to look hot, but shes just not pretty. She's in really great shape, but I don't think she had the DCC 'look' under all that hair and makeup. 

9 hours ago, ellekotonyok said:

In a lot of the Jets photos she looks really nice in my opinion

CvjQZ0WWAAA-r3_.jpg

I wanted to see her makeover too! I wonder what they would have done?!?

They look like fancy strippers. Like they're plain girls trying their best to look hot, but just come off as kinda cheap and raunchy. Not plain, but clean and cute like Christina, but raunchy. Ballroom has a great body though. The one on the right scares me with those top rib bones about to poke out of her chest. 

ETA: RIGHT NOT LEFT

Edited by RazzleberryPie
I don't know my right from my left
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I dunno. Ballroom looks like she's trying her hardest to look hot, but shes just not pretty. She's in really great shape, but I don't think she had the DCC 'look' under all that hair and makeup. 

They look like fancy strippers. Like they're plain girls trying their best to look hot, but just come off as kinda cheap and raunchy. Not plain, but clean and cute like Christina, but raunchy. Ballroom has a great body though.

The one on the left scares me with those top rib bones about to poke out of her chest.

The one on the left does look a little too thin, I just didn't want to say so without sounding mean. But for Kate, I think she's pretty and just needed the makeover 

• Love 1

It's weird to me Ballroom did not even make AAIA after being on Flight Crew for 3 years. Also, I thought 2 rookies were from Flight Crew so why did they not show them with Ballroom? I wonder if Ballroom is disliked by Jets organization or burned a bridge somehow.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

It's weird to me Ballroom did not even make AAIA after being on Flight Crew for 3 years. Also, I thought 2 rookies were from Flight Crew so why did they not show them with Ballroom? I wonder if Ballroom is disliked by Jets organization or burned a bridge somehow.

Is this the one that everybody thinks is "ballroom?"  The one circled is TLD Andrea (with blonde hair.)  She's in the 2nd photo with the other TLDs that made it into DMD finals.

N aaia tcc.jpg

N Legends.jpg

N tld andrea.jpg

Edited by Tootie
12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I know Allie did not have the "body" acceptable by DCC standards, but I will miss her.  She seemed genuine and had the cutest smile ever.

All theee of the cut vets are far prettier than some of the rookies.

• Love 9
On 8/17/2017 at 6:20 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

All theee of the cut vets are far prettier than some of the rookies.

...and even a couple of the vets.  #sorrynotsorry

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

So happy for Taryn. I really liked her and how great that the Allen Ice Angels let her rejoin the group. Stephanie is wonderful for doing this:)

I thought that I saw her in this picture (in blue dress) with the new AAIA. 

DHteuWTUQAA8CF5.jpg

She did  same thing Courtney Johnson did when she got cut by the DCC, went back to her old team. Only difference is Courtney had to audition and Taryn didn't  She must be that good of a dancer that Stephanie let her come back.

Edited by MrsEVH

Wasn't sure if this belongs here or in the Former DCC thread so I guessed :)

Was Cassie Trammel's rookie season covered on MTT or did that happen before the show started?  From what I've always understood, Cassie was quite unpolished to start and there was speculation that she made the team only because she was Judy's daughter.  If anyone is familiar with Cassie's dance skills when she first made the team, how would you say they stack up to Dayton's skills?

5 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Wasn't sure if this belongs here or in the Former DCC thread so I guessed :)

Was Cassie Trammel's rookie season covered on MTT or did that happen before the show started?  From what I've always understood, Cassie was quite unpolished to start and there was speculation that she made the team only because she was Judy's daughter.  If anyone is familiar with Cassie's dance skills when she first made the team, how would you say they stack up to Dayton's skills?

Pink-n-Green, you must be a Delta Zeta, like myself. Turtle power!

Anyway, Cassie's rookie season was covered on MTT; i think it was somewhere around the 5th season, but others will know that. I think on pure dance skills, I would put Dayton ahead of Cassie (who iirc forgot part of the combo), but Cassie seemed more DCC-ready in terms of interview, confidence and her overall look. Cassie started as more of a traditional cheerleader whose training was more on tumbling/stunting than on dance or power pom.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Anyway, Cassie's rookie season was covered on MTT; i think it was somewhere around the 5th season, but others will know that. I think on pure dance skills, I would put Dayton ahead of Cassie (who iirc forgot part of the combo), but Cassie seemed more DCC-ready in terms of interview, confidence and her overall look. Cassie started as more of a traditional cheerleader whose training was more on tumbling/stunting than on dance or power pom.

Hi sister! :)  Thanks for the answer!

• Love 2

I don't think Judy had anything to do with Cassie making the team 5 years, unless it was to encourage her to keep going back every year even after she was injured.  She had to bring something to the team.  Five years is a long time for a young person to do anything, especially if she didn't have good work ethic and talent.    She seems to have settled into her life as a wife and mom.  And was able to let go of her DCC status pretty easily.   

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

Well hey there Sisters!!!! Cassie was Season 3 and that is my least favorite season to watch. The music is awful and I didn't really like many of the rookies. There were like 3 different Jordan's and the whole series was just meh. 

And did you know Tia was also a DZ?

• Love 1