Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Priamfaya

Obviously, science is merely a suggestion on The 100, but how is the prison mining ship thing going to work? If they were in hypersleep for a century, they'd be just as sensitive to radiation as Mt Weather, and it has to be way worse now that there's been a death wave of fresh radiation.

Also, is it just me or is Emori completely useless? Except for having a flipper, her biggest character trait is whining to Murphy about how everyone wants to abandon her.

• Love 5
(edited)
52 minutes ago, ketose said:

Obviously, science is merely a suggestion on The 100, but how is the prison mining ship thing going to work? If they were in hypersleep for a century, they'd be just as sensitive to radiation as Mt Weather, and it has to be way worse now that there's been a death wave of fresh radiation.

Also, is it just me or is Emori completely useless? Except for having a flipper, her biggest character trait is whining to Murphy about how everyone wants to abandon her.

Unless all the prisoners are nightbloods -- there was that throwaway line (it was the episode with Raven's visions of Rebecca) that nightblood was developed for preventing radiation damage in space or something along that line.

@CooperTV -- we must have hit the submit button at the same time.  :)

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, ketose said:

If they were in hypersleep for a century, they'd be just as sensitive to radiation as Mt Weather, and it has to be way worse now that there's been a death wave of fresh radiation.

The penalty mining colony are the people Becca first tested the "nightblood" on (and later it was somehow used on the Arkers? It was unclear), specifically for them to survive radiation during long space travel.

Regardless of the nightblood, because Becca apparently invented everything 100 years ago, we can all agree the prisoners / miners will be hot 20-somethings. Because this is The 100 after all.

• Love 11

Unless Clarke found that little girl immediately, we're somehow supposed to believe a six-year-old survived by herself for years in a nuclear wasteland. Suuure.

Someone pointed out that Clarke and Bellamy have switched roles, with him now being the head what with sacrificing Clarke to save the delinquents, and Clarke being the heart now that she has a mini Octavia to take care of. Someone should tell the writers there's nothing innovative about this and it's literally just them playing out the same situation over and over again. "Remember when Kane was a dictator? This season it's Clarke. Remember when the Grounders left the Sky People for dead? This year the Sky People will kill them. Remember when Bellamy prioritized his sister over everything? This season it will be Clarke *wink wink*".

One thing this season did differently was Raven's arc, which, asides from the usual amount of torture, actually had her overcome her injury and acknowledge that she was more than her disability. Hopefully, this means the end of torturing Raven. I also really like how Murphy's turned out, and Monty's always a sweetheart (who needs more screentime).

I actually enjoyed Clarke at the end of the episode, because we finally got to see her content and at peace rather than wearing her perpetual cry face. But on the other hand, I think it's such a cop-out. The entire season had had Clarke escalating in regards to her methods to save her people/humanity, with her going full on authoritarian two episodes from the finale, and yet, instead of actually dealing with her choices and actions, there are literally no consequences, even after she admits to her mom that she thought she did the right thing. They just had Clarke pull some last minute heroic BS as if it makes up for everything she's done. Monty goes from not talking to her to being completely chill with her and telling her Jasper would have wanted her to live (lol what?); Bellamy was mad at her for two seconds for leaving his sister for dead for the second time in six months, Kane and Octavia had no reaction, her mom told her she was a good guy and Murphy and her are all buddy buddy. I'm still trying to understand what the point of her arc was? To show how much she's suffering or some crap? Or I dunno, maybe I'm just not smart enough for this show.

I can't believe this show employed the white savior trope an episode after calling it out. I can't believe they're this ignorant. 

One last thing. This show likes to pretend it's morally ambiguous and raises important questions, but then they keep killing off or undermining characters who have different viewpoints from the big players. Luna wants to live in peace and builds a sanctuary for refugees? Let's turn her dark side because she's a secret nihilist and have Octavia of all people kill her (I seriously cannot believe the hypocrisy of this character.) Jasper thinks this whole survival tops living thing is overrated? Well, let's kill him too. Kane thinks Grounders and Sky People can live side by side in peace? Let's make him the most incompetent person in the show. Every single character's motivation can be narrowed down to "my people". That's why I loved Jasper this season, because he saw beyond that. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

Unless Clarke found that little girl immediately, we're somehow supposed to believe a six-year-old survived by herself for years in a nuclear wasteland. Suuure.

Definitely seems unlikely.

So Jaha commandeered the bunker in attempt to save the lives of all Arkadians, but actually endangered the lives of all Arkadians by commandeering the bunker.   He then sought to save the lives of all Arkadians again by refusing to relinquish the bunker, which again endangered the lives of all Arkadians.   Finally he tried to save all Arkadians by once again commandeering the bunker, only to facilitate the deaths of most Arkadians by commandeering the bunker yet again, this time with gas. 

But Jaha is one of the precious few who gets to stay in the bunker?   WTF?

I hate Jaha.   He's one of the most annoying characters on any show I've ever seen.   The actor who plays him doesn't help matters either.

I'm glad the writers laid waste to most of the premises established in the past two seasons.   The whole clan wars storyline had grown stale,   They gave it a good send off with the final battles between Octavia, Roan, Luna, etc.

THANK GOD Jasper is gone.   Even just one emo asshole like him on earth was too many.

The show was all over the place this season but the pace was good and each episode made me eager to see the next.   I thought gassing the B-list Arkadians was a nice, humane touch.   Far more realistic than 364 humans shrugging and agreeing to take one for the team. 

Luna wants to live in peace and builds a sanctuary for refugees? Let's turn her dark side because she's a secret nihilist and have Octavia of all people kill her (I seriously cannot believe the hypocrisy of this character.)

This was something that bothered me, as it didn't make sense, why she turned evil. I get that she didn't like what they did to her (and that her people died). But why take it out on all the other groups? Also her whole thing was she didn't want to fight. It was almost like a kid having a tempertantum.

Anyhow, my husband and I just watched this show on netflix for the first time. I generally like it but there has been times when it clearly jumped the shark. Mainly in season 3, when there is suddenly an AI, but a bit in this episode too.  There is suddenly another ship that has never been seen before. As for the girl, I'd imagine she found Clark fairly quickly.  Clark probably attempted to find people after the storm cleared. But found nothing but a wasteland and her. I feel like the show is going to lose something by jumping 6 years. That is a really long time. I was looking forward to seeing the 7 of them on the space station and the many conflicts in the bunker.

I also have to second the hate for Jaha. I really hope he dies early next season. He is just so annoying and doesn't seem to learn or care about anything. It's different then say Murphy who openly admits that all he cares about is surviving (and is a good character). Jaha lies to himself that he is "doing good" and feels no guilt or remorse.

Edited by blueray
On 8/2/2017 at 3:44 PM, blueray said:

This was something that bothered me, as it didn't make sense, why she turned evil. I get that she didn't like what they did to her (and that her people died). But why take it out on all the other groups? Also her whole thing was she didn't want to fight. It was almost like a kid having a tempertantum.

Anyhow, my husband and I just watched this show on netflix for the first time. I generally like it but there has been times when it clearly jumped the shark. Mainly in season 3, when there is suddenly an AI, but a bit in this episode too.  There is suddenly another ship that has never been seen before. As for the girl, I'd imagine she found Clark fairly quickly.  Clark probably attempted to find people after the storm cleared. But found nothing but a wasteland and her. I feel like the show is going to lose something by jumping 6 years. That is a really long time. I was looking forward to seeing the 7 of them on the space station and the many conflicts in the bunker.

I also have to second the hate for Jaha. I really hope he dies early next season. He is just so annoying and doesn't seem to learn or care about anything. It's different then say Murphy who openly admits that all he cares about is surviving (and is a good character). Jaha lies to himself that he is "doing good" and feels no guilt or remorse.

I guess it depends on how you feel about the Grounders. Luna was a separatist. She saw all the clans warring and her having to fight all her fellow nightbloods to the death and found it futile. When the people from the Arc decided to experiment on people, it might have been the last straw. Your mileage may vary. I found it as plausible as any other dumb stuff on the show.

I'm still a Jaha fan. Sure, he was going to let the Grounders die, but he had nearly all his people in there. Instead, Octavia ended up packing that place to 100% capacity with insufficient provisions and 1000 people who only ever lived outdoors. I think there's a very real chance there will be fewer fewer survivors than if they had only put the Sky people in the bunker in the first place.

What would be nice during the time jump if people stopped being asses to Murphy. He was a jerk when they first got to Earth. Now he's less of a jerk. At least he hasn't massacred hundreds of people. Maybe Murphy/Bellamy are best friends now. I assume Bellamy/Echo will have hooked up or will be a couple, though I'd kind of be fine with Bellamy/Raven, if we HAVE to have two people pairing up. I'd rather not, but it probably happened. I do think they set up hints for both Raven and Echo in this finale to have either option be possible. But....I'm pretty positive it'll be Bellamy/Echo. Which....eh, no thanks. This show is filled with questionable decisions and people forgiving others too quickly, but Bellamy/Echo is predictable. Plus, Raven deserves some loving and some happiness after four seasons of torture and pain. Maybe Raven will get to be with Murphy and Emori, though. 

I guess Clarke found other Nightbloods, got them to the Lighthouse Bunker and have learned to survive for six years. I don't know how they found a way to eat and have drinkable water, but I'm guessing we'll get a lot of flashbacks throughout next season to explain that.

Something I want from the time jump: the mystery of Jaha's death. Yep. I'd be fine if Jaha was murdered and we came back to trying to figure out who. Spoiler alert: Kane totally lost it with Jaha and did it himself. That would be fun.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed every moment of the finale. Good tension, good character interactions. I'm just unsure if I'll enjoy the show with the time jump. 

I mean, there are plenty of questions. For example, the people up in space....how do they have food and water? Did it get left up there when everyone else left the Ark to go to Earth? Also, wasn't the Ark destroyed? I guess they had to retcon that because then the Spacewalkers wouldn't have anywhere else to go, but still, inquiring minds.

• Love 1