Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Priamfaya

When Priamfaya arrives, the heros are forced to make the most impossible decisions in battle to ensure their survival

I am envisioning a pre-priamfaya flash mob singing:

I'm a survivor (what?)
I'm not gon' give up (what?)
I'm not gon' stop (what?)
I'm gon' work harder (what?)
I'm a survivor (what?)
I'm gonna make it (what?)
I will survive (what?)
Keep on survivin'(what?)

• Love 3

So, St. Elsewhere was really a prison ship? That explains so much.

Not just 5 years, we have a 6 year time jump. Logic would dictate the bunker would be full of dead people due to the lack of food and other resources. Either that or the Grounders all killed each other and Jaha is riding it out a little longer.

• Love 5
(edited)

So I didn't understand the ending at all.  I probably don't pay enough attention.  Have we seen the prison ship before?  Who was the kid with Clarke?

1 hour ago, ketose said:

So, St. Elsewhere was really a prison ship? That explains so much.

Not just 5 years, we have a 6 year time jump. Logic would dictate the bunker would be full of dead people due to the lack of food and other resources. Either that or the Grounders all killed each other and Jaha is riding it out a little longer.

The dead people probably stretched the food supply a little longer.

Edited by ParadoxLost
I meant that in a soylent green is people way.
  • Love 4

So the burning question will be who did Bellamy hook up with in those 6 years Raven or Echo?

Also when Clark woke up that girl I was all so Clark had a kid in those 6 years; who's the farther? Obviously Clark found another nightblood somewhere.

• Love 6

I knew Clarke being dead was too good to be true and she found hair dye! And her being the martyr makes Bellamy forget the day before when she tried to kill his sister (again). 

I bet Raven and Bellamy come down with a toddler. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Fireball said:

So the burning question will be who did Bellamy hook up with in those 6 years Raven or Echo?

Also when Clark woke up that girl I was all so Clark had a kid in those 6 years; who's the farther? Obviously Clark found another nightblood somewhere.

I was like, wait when did Bellamy and Clarke sleep together and then I realized she was older than 5.

For all her talk about talking Bellamy in space to avoid going crazy, Clark seemed awfully chill and relaxed not having to deal with the rest  of the cast of characters for six years.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 12

Wait a tic -- so where has this Eligius Corporation/Gagarin prison transport ship been all this time ?  
Was it part of the original Ark ?  Or did Raven find it in orbit and just repaired it ? Or has it been orbiting Saturn for 100+ years and just decided to come back to Earth to check in on how things are going ?

But the fact that Clarke seemed to recognize that ship means something.

Where did Clarke find her apprentice ?  In Alie's mansion ? Back in the lighthouse (that no longer has an oxygen generator) ?  Hiding underground with the Morlocks ?

If Clarke survived in Rebecca's bunker for 6+ years, why did they have to go to space exactly ?

How did that truck survive ?  Let alone fuel for the truck (since it didn't have cheap looking solar panels bolted to the sides).  And where did she get the minigun mounted to the hood of the truck ?

I laughed when Clarke climbed to the top of the tower, aligned the satellite dish, got the tablet connected but it died -- and in a fit of anger tossed the tablet off the tower.  WTF ?

• Love 9

Yeah.. I have no clue about this prison transport ship... was this something we ever new about or just a brand new way to create conflict since the grounders are all now Wonkru?  (ie some backstory invented just now) Perhaps they docked with the ark and took our ark folks captive and that's how they get to earth. I'm sure next season will be full of flashbacks to the 6 years we missed.

I think Clark was able to survive because she's a nightblood, that's the point of telling us the little girl is a nightblood. If you were somewhere shielded from the death wave, as a nightblood you could tolerated the high radiation for the next 5 years... which is why the nightblood thing could have helped if they'd had months to convert everybody and then also had a shelter to protect from the death wave. What she ate, I'm not so sure, since it sounds like the death wave wiped everything out.

Is there anybody else in her 'we' or was it just her and the little girl trying to dig out the bunker? Find another underground parking lot, it surely has a digger from way back times that works just fine ;)

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Wait a tic -- so where has this Eligius Corporation/Gagarin prison transport ship been all this time ?  
Was it part of the original Ark ?  Or did Raven find it in orbit and just repaired it ? Or has it been orbiting Saturn for 100+ years and just decided to come back to Earth to check in on how things are going ?

But the fact that Clarke seemed to recognize that ship means something.

Where did Clarke find her apprentice ?  In Alie's mansion ? Back in the lighthouse (that no longer has an oxygen generator) ?  Hiding underground with the Morlocks ?

If Clarke survived in Rebecca's bunker for 6+ years, why did they have to go to space exactly ?

How did that truck survive ?  Let alone fuel for the truck (since it didn't have cheap looking solar panels bolted to the sides).  And where did she get the minigun mounted to the hood of the truck ?

I laughed when Clarke climbed to the top of the tower, aligned the satellite dish, got the tablet connected but it died -- and in a fit of anger tossed the tablet off the tower.  WTF ?

I think that the prison ship will bring an infusion of new characters.  They probably picked up Bellamy and the rest of the space cadet but I bet ir wasn't recently.  They likely got them from the ark fairly soon after priamfya and now are returning because the five years lapsed.

Also, extremely convenient that there is one spot of green on the planet where Clarke can manage to find enough wildlife or grow enough food to survive while the rest of the planet is uninhabitable.

I wonder if the new ship has terraforming technology to expand the possible "sets" for next year.

• Love 2

They showed what little was left of the planet getting completely incinerated, so where did Clarke get that hair dye? Or food? Or fuel for the truck?

And did Harper and Raven get their contraceptive implants removed before heading up into space, or is that something that they can somehow remove up there, despite a lack of medical knowledge and no way to contact anyone on the ground for advice? Or will they just end up helping Emori and possibly Echo with the babysitting as they try to restart the human race?  On a related note, the bunker can only save X number of people and none of the Grounders in there have those contraceptive implants, right? Things could get interesting once more toddlers start running around.

• Love 5

I'm betting the transport is from the mining/penal colony that was mentioned when they were explaining the origin of nightblood, I'd have to go back and check but I think they said Becca developed it for the long term space radiation exposure the miners were suffering.

• Love 6

I did not catch it but saw on twitter that someone posted that in an earlier episode this season, in Becca's lab, Jackson said to Abby "According to the record, Becca first developed what we know as Nightblood for the Eligius Mining Company.  Long duration space missions. Criminals were put into hypersleep and given nightblood to protect against solar radiation." And apparently in the premiere when Raven was looking at news articles about the meltdowns online there was a headline that read "Contact lost with penal mining colony."  So I guess we have our big bad for S5.

I am not thrilled about that six year separation for my ship's sake. And also...someone (multiple someones?) have to come back with kids, right? Clarke's already got a "Cousin Oliver" with the nightblood tween. Who ever thinks it's a good idea to add kids? Blegh.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/25/2017 at 2:46 AM, taragel said:

I did not catch it but saw on twitter that someone posted that in an earlier episode this season, in Becca's lab, Jackson said to Abby "According to the record, Becca first developed what we know as Nightblood for the Eligius Mining Company.  Long duration space missions. Criminals were put into hypersleep and given nightblood to protect against solar radiation." And apparently in the premiere when Raven was looking at news articles about the meltdowns online there was a headline that read "Contact lost with penal mining colony."  So I guess we have our big bad for S5.

I am not thrilled about that six year separation for my ship's sake. And also...someone (multiple someones?) have to come back with kids, right? Clarke's already got a "Cousin Oliver" with the nightblood tween. Who ever thinks it's a good idea to add kids? Blegh.

But that's the weird part, this penal mining colony has to have managed to exist for 100+ years with no support from Earth. And unless it was a very progressive mixed gender penal colony, it really seems unlikely that there would be more than a handful of people that would have survived all this time, let alone have the skillsets to pilot a ship back to Earth (if they had interplanetary ships at all) because that lander did not come all the way from another planet.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

But that's the weird part, this penal mining colony has have managed to exist for 100+ years with no support from Earth. And unless it was a very progressive mixed gender penal colony, it really seems unlikely that there would be more than a handful of people that would have survived all this time, let alone have the skillsets to pilot a ship back to Earth (if they had interplanetary ships at all) because that lander did not come all the way from another planet.

None of that would be more ridiculous than the premise and execution of this season

• Love 10

The episode itself was really good. So many wonderful moments for the characters and the focus on one core group really helped. 

But the flash forward ruined it a bit for me. Mommy!Clarke. Finding the only area on the planet with a still lush vegetation. And last but not least the prison ship/penal colony Sci-Fi trope as the set-up for Season 5. Just annoyed me. Granted, I thought the cliffhanger set-up for this Season was ridiculous with the "nuking the planet is immanent" and overall I enjoyed it so who knows. 

Beyond that, I truly enjoyed seeing those people fight so hard for survival once again and finally having a little win at the end when the air came back on. I for one am looking forward to New!Ark flashbacks. 

• Love 6

So, if there's a ship of descendants of prisoners, does that make them the new Australia?

Also, did every continent on Earth get burned at the same time from one nuclear reactor or did they all decide to melt down at the exact same time?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

the flash forward ruined it a bit for me. Mommy!Clarke. Finding the only area on the planet with a still lush vegetation. And last but not least the prison ship/penal colony Sci-Fi trope as the set-up for Season 5. Just annoyed me. Granted, I thought the cliffhanger set-up for this Season was ridiculous with the "nuking the planet is immanent" and overall I enjoyed it so who knows.

That kid was at least 10. He was obviously a Nightblood who survived the Prymfyre. The fact a part of the planet survived with that kind of vegetation AND kept Clarke and the other Nightbloods alive was ridiculous. I,would have thought 'prison ship' as a threat was somehow less stark than 'global annihilation' but that's just me. I just hope,next season has a plot.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, I know it wasn`t her biological kid, that was clear in the episode, I meant it as a set-up to have her in some "mommy"-role next Season.

I,would have thought 'prison ship' as a threat was somehow less stark than 'global annihilation'

Less stark, yes, but a far more annoying trope to me personally.

Edited by Aeryn13
2 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Oh, I know it wasn`t her biological kid, that was clear in the episode, I meant it as a set-up to have her in some "mommy"-role next Season.

Less stark, yes, but a far more annoying trope to me personally.

I just thought you'd build up to 'global annihilation'. 'Prison ship' seems a bit of a step down. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I just thought you'd build up to 'global annihilation'. 'Prison ship' seems a bit of a step down. 

Despite being really annoyed with the prison ship set-up, I`m willing to give it a chance because I thought the global meltdown set-up couldn`t possibly work and they managed to make a - to me - entertaining Season out of it. Overall, I thought the meltdown plot was too bold. It`s one thing the show started 300 years after a nuclear catastrophe but having an even bigger one to basically obliterate your setting was...odd, at best.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3

Maybe this is a parallel universe where the only elements used in nuclear technology is somehow Caesium. At least that only has a half-time of 30 years compared to what Plutonium and especially Uranium have. Though it might have been amusing to see the flashback titled "25.000 years later". 

• Love 1

While I've thought most of this season was terrible, I have to say I've really enjoyed the last 2 episodes. Sure it's as ridiculous as always but I felt like things actually happened instead of retreading the same old politics and nonsense. Plus they've made the setup intriguing enough that I'm willing to give it a go again next season.

8 hours ago, Fireball said:

I had the exact same question. Raven and Bellamy did the whole random hookup in season 1 but I've been expecting him and Echo to end up together since he found in the Mt Weather cages. We couldn't have taken a minute away from Clarke at the end for some answers? Now we have to wait til next year.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, dippydee said:

I had the exact same question. Raven and Bellamy did the whole random hookup in season 1 but I've been expecting him and Echo to end up together since he found in the Mt Weather cages. We couldn't have taken a minute away from Clarke at the end for some answers? Now we have to wait til next year.

Oh but if the writers told you who Bellamy chose you wouldn't have to come back next season! This way they can have flash backs of a love triangle! "eye roll" Or maybe Raven, Bellamy, & Echo will just all hook up and then we can avoid anything resembling a love triangle.  

I've also been expecting Bellamy and Echo to hook up since Mt Weather, so my bet would be on a Bellamy & Echo pairing and Raven getting the sad story of being all alone for those 6 years.

By showing us only Clarke at the end the writers have really left themselves an out if any of the actors/actresses don't want to come back for season 5.

7 hours ago, taragel said:

And also...someone (multiple someones?) have to come back with kids, right? Clarke's already got a "Cousin Oliver" with the nightblood tween. Who ever thinks it's a good idea to add kids? Blegh.

Someone really should come back with a kid. However, I'm already not interested in the new nightblood kid, so while I think someone should have become pregnant in those 6 years I'm perfectly happy if no more kids are added. 

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Or maybe Raven, Bellamy, & Echo will just all hook up and then we can avoid anything resembling a love triangle.  

I'd be more than OK with this. It'd make a change that's for sure. Though I imagine it'd be casual from Raven's side because I can't really see her putting up with too much angst from either of the other two for too long. My favourite bit of the episode was Raven walking in on Bellamy trying to stop Echo from killing herself and basically eye rolling at the whole thing because she didn't have time for this shit. 

Id also love a few flashbacks to Murphy and Emori double dating with Monty and Harper. I imagine that would be fun for all.

8 hours ago, taragel said:

And also...someone (multiple someones?) have to come back with kids, right? Clarke's already got a "Cousin Oliver" with the nightblood tween. Who ever thinks it's a good idea to add kids? Blegh.

I don't think they would. The Ark ring would have very limited resources, unless they found some useful stuff up there I can't see them being stupid enough to have kids in space. The Bunker crew? Not so sure, they might have been a little less smart. But I totally agree that younger kids on this show would be a terrible idea. Nobody wants to see them doing the certain death every week thing while they're stuck with infants.

Edited by dippydee
Autocorrect is weird
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, dippydee said:

The Ark ring would have very limited resources, unless they found some useful stuff up there I can't see them being stupid enough to have kids in space. 

But they probably also don't have birth control. And you've got two established couples already, and three other young folks who are bound to want to have sex in the course of six years. 

Maybe they'll wank it (no pun intended) that the Ring had a lot of perfectly hermetically sealed condoms lying around though. Nothing's too ridiculous for this show.

Didn't the ark peiple have implanted contraception? So our space girls should be okay... though Echo and Emory wouldn't have that unless the med lab is still present on the ark and they know how to put one in. Or they could make something up about being infertile due to radiation. 

I definitely expect babies to be born in the bunker... though maybe the grounders have a method of birth control. 

If the penal colony had hypersleep or whatever, they could have stayed alive all these years by going back to sleep for long periods of time... or maybe they weren't supposed to return to earth until now? 

I also assume vegetation has regrown in some other places... North America isn't the only continent...

• Love 2

I really hope they don't go there. Having young children join the cast has ruined a better show than this. 

I have to say, overall, I don't love the time jump. I understand that it opens a lot of new possibilities and stories, but for me, the show hinges on the relationships between our core group of characters while trying to survive. To separate them for six times as long as they were ever together (according to the show's timeline) and then throw them all back in feels to me like it cheapens my experience of watching them work and grow together and develop in their friendships/frenemyships/whateverships. It's almost like saying what we watched the past four seasons doesn't count, because we're basically starting over. And I'm just not that into it. Clarke and her surrogate daughter are the perfect example--that might be a relationship I would find interesting and fulfilling if we had been able to watch it develop. Instead, we're going to get to watch Clarke change her thinking and decision-making over a relationship I have no investment in. 

One of my favorite things on the show are the Clarke/Bellamy/Raven interactions--not necessarily wanting any of them together romantically, but just the strong teamwork they have (and have earned through many, many disagreements and cooperative tasks) despite seeing things so differently. And again, I feel like this time jump will basically disrupt that dynamic completely. So overall, this was not the twist for me. I'll probably skip the beginning of next season and read summaries to see if it's something I feel like investing in again.

• Love 3
(edited)

Will come back to comment further later, but I just want to say, please no pairing Bellamy up with the girl who murdered his previous girlfriend which led to him joining Pike and who almost killed his sister. This show doesn't have the best track record when it comes to healthy relationships, but this would just be ridiculous. Pair him up with Raven or some new character altogether, but no Becho :/ 

Edited by shireenbamfatheon
  • Love 7
(edited)

Yuri Gagarin is the very first astronaut of humanity. Naming the prisoner transport after his name is a clear jeer. Dear americans, would it be ok for you if the prisoner transport was called after the name of Neil Armstrong?

Edited by soundwave
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Maybe this is a parallel universe where the only elements used in nuclear technology is somehow Caesium. At least that only has a half-time of 30 years compared to what Plutonium and especially Uranium have. Though it might have been amusing to see the flashback titled "25.000 years later". 

Clarke emerges into a forested area of green vegetation.

"Boy it's lucky we found those long-term stasis pods powered by radiation, huh? Where's Bellamy?"

A ship lands nearby. Bellamy emerges.

"Clarke! You're alive! When we got back to the arc, we accidentally created a trans dimensional warp hole that sent me right to you."

"That's amazing. Where's everybody else?"

"There was a lever and moral quandary involved. Details later. Raven will be here once she reverse engineers a second transdimensional transporter from her remaining limb."

"Cool. Threesome!"

"That's what I thought!"

And people say this writing thing is hard.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Fireball said:

Oh but if the writers told you who Bellamy chose you wouldn't have to come back next season! This way they can have flash backs of a love triangle! "eye roll" Or maybe Raven, Bellamy, & Echo will just all hook up and then we can avoid anything resembling a love triangle. 

Since I'm only a fan of Bellamy and his emo-ness 10% of the time, the threesome I'd find most interesting is Raven-Murphy-Emori (I thought the sharing-of-air bit in the end was quite cute, myself). But a big BIG no to a love triangle consisting of Echo-Bellamy-Clarke. Actually, just make it a big no-no to Bellamy/Clarke in general. I like and prefer them as friends who do (insane, genocidal) stupid things together - although I am resigned to the fact that in this case, I probably won't get my wish.

11 hours ago, roctavia said:

If the penal colony had hypersleep or whatever, they could have stayed alive all these years by going back to sleep for long periods of time... or maybe they weren't supposed to return to earth until now?

That makes the most sense; especially since a spaceship full of descendants of criminals won't generate too much conflict as they would basically be Arkers/Grounders, but a spaceship full of EVIL criminals? Ready-made villains! (Although there'll surely be some who are good criminals, not just rapists and murderers).

I actually enjoyed the last few episodes this season, and quite a few bits inbetween, and I'm surprisingly cool with the time jump - as long as we get extensive flashbacks to our intrepid seven's time on the Ark. I'd rather not have any flashbacks from the bunker, though.

Edited by feverfew
  • Love 4

I was into it, and I'm curious about next season.

Forget the question of how Clarke got food and stuff, my first question was how she got that outfit. Was it just hanging around in the bunker? Did she get amazingly good at sewing in the last five years? That's not something you just hack together out of random scraps of cloth.

I think the theories here about the prison ship and stasis make sense... but I was hoping at first it was aliens. :(

22 hours ago, Fireball said:

I wondered about this also. Based on the seeds they planted this season, I could honestly see almost anybody eventually ending up with anybody, except for Monty and Harper who went through a whole story arc about how they are meant to be together. The most obvious thing would be for Murphy and Emori to stay together, but I wouldn't be surprised if the show pulls out a plot twist where, five years later, suddenly Raven's with Murphy or something.

21 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I think that the prison ship will bring an infusion of new characters.  They probably picked up Bellamy and the rest of the space cadet but I bet ir wasn't recently.  They likely got them from the ark fairly soon after priamfya and now are returning because the five years lapsed.

I really hope this doesn't happen, but it would be an extremely tidy way to jump six years if they just said "The Ark people were in jail the whole time."

12 hours ago, Fireball said:

Or maybe Raven, Bellamy, & Echo will just all hook up and then we can avoid anything resembling a love triangle.   

I'd be into it. I actually think, if Jasper had lived, this would have been the perfect opportunity to solve the Jasper/Monty/Harper equation that way.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, feverfew said:

That makes the most sense; especially since a spaceship full of descendants of criminals won't generate too much conflict as they would basically be Arkers/Grounders, but a spaceship full of EVIL criminals? Ready-made villains! (Although there'll surely be some who are good criminals, not just rapists and murderers).

I think it will be more stealth than that.  They need to work together first if only because they ship should conveniently be capable of digging out the bunker.  I think that its also pointing in a clear direction that so many of the surviving 100 went up to the ark and were likely the first to encounter the new arrivals followed by Clarke.   I think a penal mining colony or their descendants would garner more sympathy from a bunch of young prisoners sent down to the surface to find out if it was survivable.

I'm expecting Clarke to get all the guns and Bellamy to be the first off the ship.  Then they dig out Octavia.  But Bellamy owes the penal colony something that becomes more nefarious and problematic as they go along.

• Love 2

Rothenberg said Bellamy and Raven and co. are not on the prison ship in an interview (either EW or Eonline?). I hope it doesn't take like half a season for them to get back to Earth and reunite with Clarke. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, taragel said:

Rothenberg said Bellamy and Raven and co. are not on the prison ship in an interview (either EW or Eonline?). I hope it doesn't take like half a season for them to get back to Earth and reunite with Clarke. 

I agree, the show works so much better when the squad is all together.  I was my biggest complaint about season 3 was Clarke being isolated for so long, the season only really kicked into gear and became interesting again after Lexa got shot. I would hate to see season 5 repeat that mistake of having Clarke stuck with all new characters with no interaction with the core group.

I'm not sure what I think has happened to the Bell and Co. They aren't on that transport, but they have to be tied up with the penal/mining story somehow, something has been keeping them from coming down for the last year or replying to Clarke's little daily 'dear diary'.

If they are going with a hostile take over situation I would be fine with the ark/miners action happening fairly early in the 6 year gap. yes it possibly stalls interpersonal relationships between team ark, but it is interaction we won't privy to apart from the odd flashback, so I'd rather not have them come down totally different people. Clarke at least is fairly straight forward, was alone, found kid, didn't go insane.  Trying to explain how 7 peoples lives intersect in a few flashbacks would be a lot harder.

6 hours ago, Nay said:

I agree, the show works so much better when the squad is all together.  I was my biggest complaint about season 3 was Clarke being isolated for so long, the season only really kicked into gear and became interesting again after Lexa got shot. I would hate to see season 5 repeat that mistake of having Clarke stuck with all new characters with no interaction with the core group.

I'm not sure what I think has happened to the Bell and Co. They aren't on that transport, but they have to be tied up with the penal/mining story somehow, something has been keeping them from coming down for the last year or replying to Clarke's little daily 'dear diary'..

I don't think they actually had worked out a way to get down.  I remember them saying something about it being a problem they had five years to work out.  So maybe its actually  six or seven year problem. Maybe they don't have the tech to know that there is a single plot of land that sustains life on a burned out planet and because they haven't had communication with anyone for five years they have given up.  Maybe its Clarke's equipment that is broken and not theirs.

I tend to think that they are going to be interested in exploring what happens when you are trapped in space or a bunker for six years when you were prepared only to deal with it for five years.  So I think at least the first few episodes that everyone will be separated.

Given the convenience of a mining space ship showing up, Clarke will get to know the new people and convince them to help her and probably in exchange for something that will send her on a journey that will split up the storylines after everyone gets out of their confines.

If Bellamy and company are still on the ark, I fully expect a scene where the miners go up to the Ark, led by Clarke and there is a dramatic reveal to Bellamy and co that she is alive as she removes her helmet.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I tend to think that they are going to be interested in exploring what happens when you are trapped in space or a bunker for six years when you were prepared only to deal with it for five years.  So I think at least the first few episodes that everyone will be separated.

So, season one then?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, roctavia said:

What are the odds that the mining ship will just happen to have 100 survivors?

Do we need to offer odds at all? It's parallels and callbacks and bookends and full-circle and nuance 'n' shit.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, STOPSHOUTING said:

ave to say if next season's arc is Who Did Bellamy Bang in Space?, I'm definitely out. 

Also, who are the science advisor on this show; Scott Pruitt & Beaker from the Muppets? 

Then again, with Bellamy and Murphy maybe they will revert to the "Do whatever we want" phase like in S1 -- and manage to do absolutely nothing on the Ark in the intervening 6+ years.

10 hours ago, STOPSHOUTING said:

Have to say if next season's arc is Who Did Bellamy Bang in Space?, I'm definitely out. 

Also, who are the science advisor on this show; Scott Pruitt & Beaker from the Muppets? 

Well you aren't wrong

Although I think they loaned him out to The Flash for the last one.

I think its very likely that next season will play up "who Bellamy banged in space".  But worse than that it will become about how Clarke doesn't care about that but whoever Bellamy hooked up with becomes overcome with jealousy and an inferiority complex over Clarke anyway.

1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

But worse than that it will become about how Clarke doesn't care about that but whoever Bellamy hooked up with becomes overcome with jealousy and an inferiority complex over Clarke anyway.

This reminds of last season when Bellamy spent the back half earnestly supporting everything Clarke did or said 1000% and she basically just ignored him because she was super busy.

Bellamy hooking up with Echo would be no grosser or ridiculous than Octavia being shot, thrown off a cliff, blown up and then having cave sex with her kidnapper.

• Love 3

Called it wrong: Priamfaya does actually happen, but the show is basically going to go forward six years for the next season, judging from the flash-forward.  Although, I do wonder if we'll get flashbacks to what will transpire for Clarke, the Arc crew, and the bunker gang during this years.  As for the "Who will Bellamy end up with?" contest: I'm going with Echo.  They already did the Raven one, and I feel like between his "Don't kill yourself, Echo!" moment here and some of the interactions in the past, the seeds have already been planted.  If anything, I feel like Raven could be set-up for Murphy, if his relationship with Emori doesn't workout for some reason.  Monty/Harper are set, I think.

So, basically, Octavia is going to end up being the leader in the bunker.  Good luck, there!  It was weird not even seeing a glimpse of Kane, Abbie, or Jaha.  It was like Henry Ian Cusick, Paige Turco, and Isaiah Washington just wanted to get out of there early, so last episode was their finale.  I'm kind of curious to see how much longer they will factor in (already heard about Isaiah), because they seem to be becoming less and less significant each season.

Monty/Murphy was fun, even if it reminded me how much of a dick Murphy was, and how crazy it is that he's somehow become one of the voice of reasons on this show.

Episode ends with Clarke still surviving on the ground, but also with some teenage girl.  I guess she has Nightblood, too?  Oh, and some mysterious prisoner ship suddenly shows up.  Uh oh!

3 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

My biggest wish for season five is that they finally promote Miller to series regular and give him more to do

Jarod Joseph was promoted to the series regular before season 4 started filming. That turned out... Well.

3 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

By the way, what happened to his boyfriend? Did he die? I don't remember seeing him in the lottery episode.

Replacement Goldfish!Riley happened. Again. ...Well.