Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Also, a really dumb move on Warren's part to not make it seem like they're fighting for Fred.  Of course he'd have no incentive to keep their secrets if it seems like they're content to let him hang.  Why do I have a feeling what he has cooking will end up hurting Serena as well?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Also, a really dumb move on Warren's part to not make it seem like they're fighting for Fred. 

I mean, they've been bumbling along well without him. And anything significant he knows has been changed -judging by Serena's belly and actual comments on the show, he's been out of Gilead for months. 

10 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Of course he'd have no incentive to keep their secrets if it seems like they're content to let him hang.  Why do I have a feeling what he has cooking will end up hurting Serena as well?

I wonder if she's pulling his strings or at least thinks she's pulling his strings. I also seriously question whether Serena would ever risk a path back to Gilead when the very best outcome for her is resumption of being Fred's wife after she completely fucked him over with the border thing. 

Fred's kid for Hannah would be an interesting and frankly reasonable trade plan but its almost too easy so it won't happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I saw the preview for next week and a) disappointed that it's the finale episode of the season and b) disappointed in the potential outcome.  

Spoiler

I did hear that Fred does bite the dust from a youtube commentary. Not sure if it's true or not.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I saw the preview for next week and a) disappointed that it's the finale episode of the season and b) disappointed in the potential outcome.  

Reveal spoiler

I did hear that Fred does bite the dust from a youtube commentary. Not sure if it's true or not.

IMO, there's no way Fred lives after this episode. If June doesn't kill him, Serena will, or one of the adoring "fans" who were standing outside their hearing, who would now feel betrayed.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/6/2021 at 3:45 PM, Brn2bwild said:

Also, a really dumb move on Warren's part to not make it seem like they're fighting for Fred.  Of course he'd have no incentive to keep their secrets if it seems like they're content to let him hang.  Why do I have a feeling what he has cooking will end up hurting Serena as well?

Well, these dipshits have proven they are nothing if not shortsighted.  No wonder they value Lawrence so much.  Apparently the only things scarcer than fertility in Gilead are political and strategic savvy.  

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, greekmom said:

Reveal spoiler

Same.

The majority of the preview were just shots of June in different lighting situations. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Same.

The majority of the preview were just shots of June in different lighting situations. 

To me this shot of June right at the end of the preview - she looks like she's gone off the bend.

june.jpg

I doubt that in the cold light of day June's going to still want to kill Tuello.  I bet she'll want to kill Fred though, and she has friends in that support group.

Mayday has to be in Canada too, wonder if we will meet up with any?

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm trying to think of any place in the world Fred, now penniless, could go and be safe?  He'd want to take Serena as well.

I can't imagine Europe wants him.  He can't go the the USA, they will try him for complicity in the murder of all the USA elected and appointed murders.  Assassinations really, and treason in overthrowing THEIR government.

Maybe in hiding in Canada?  Hell, now that they have the information they want, why would they?  

Where're you going to try to go Fred?

Edited by Umbelina
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I doubt they'd be any safer in Alaska or Hawaii.  AT ALL.  They overthrew the US government, and were complicit in conspiracy to murder them all.

Charges would be fast and furious there.

Yeah, at least Fred is a dead man walking.  Serena, once she gives birth?  Probably the same, unless she writes a hell of a book.

Serena has a great opportunity to redeem herself by renouncing Gilead and writing a book: "My Failed Coup - Life in Gilead"  or "Behind the Iron Curtain- Gilead and Women"

But I am not good in book titles and open to suggestions...

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

"Under His Eye - My Path To Redemption"

or

"Blessed Be - A Journey of One Woman's Walk Through Hell"

How about "Terror in Teal, Horror in Heels"?

3 hours ago, Hathaway said:

Is Fred saying he will return a free man???  Is his latest brilliant plan to go back to Gilead?  Come on, no-one is that stupid!  Or is he?

Gosh, I hope so.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Something will probably happen with the Waterfords baby and it's gonna be big. For some reason they made Serena's due date approaching in the last couple of episodes. Literally she was five months pregnant in one episode and in another she looked like she was eight months pregnant.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, greekmom said:

Serena has a great opportunity to redeem herself by renouncing Gilead and writing a book: "My Failed Coup - Life in Gilead"  or "Behind the Iron Curtain- Gilead and Women"

But I am not good in book titles and open to suggestions...

22 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

"Under His Eye - My Path To Redemption"

or

"Blessed Be - A Journey of One Woman's Walk Through Hell"

21 hours ago, boes said:

How about "Terror in Teal, Horror in Heels"?

Gosh, I hope so.

Love all of these!  I'm bad with titles too, maybe someone can fix this one into something good?

"WOMEN DO NOT READ THIS BOOK!"  Then in smaller print lower something like "In Gilead no woman may read"

Yeah, that second line sucks, but I kind of like the caps beginning.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/10/2021 at 10:18 AM, Stephanie23 said:

Something will probably happen with the Waterfords baby and it's gonna be big. For some reason they made Serena's due date approaching in the last couple of episodes. Literally she was five months pregnant in one episode and in another she looked like she was eight months pregnant.

Thank you! Gilead's air and water must be REAL FRESH because Serena's gestation period appears to be more like 9 weeks than 9 months.

Potential Book Titles:

Fruit of the Womb: Praising and Raising -- parenting tips from the lady who tried to breast feed Nichole that one time

Tender Loins: Sex After Surgery -- how to rekindle the spark after hubby has your finger chopped off for reading

Blessed Be the Loot: Financial advice from a wealthy couple who kinda just sit around all day

Buns and Roses: Keep your figure while stuck rotting away in a spacious 2 bedroom luxury loft/jail. Also includes gardening tips.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

The finale title is bugging me.  I'm going to guess June kills Fred, and so must flee to the Wilderness and hide.  Back to Gilead, or just somewhere in Canada, perhaps hidden by sympathizers, or Canadian Mayday?

I can't find any concrete spoilers yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

June going underground checks out if we're headed to Testaments territory.  She's been itching to start shit again so I could see her joining a resistance force headed to Colorado.

More book titles:

Reading is for Whores: A Knitting Guide for Beginners.

Sedition for Beginners: be your own revolution!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Hathaway said:

The finale title is bugging me.  I'm going to guess June kills Fred, and so must flee to the Wilderness and hide.  Back to Gilead, or just somewhere in Canada, perhaps hidden by sympathizers, or Canadian Mayday?

I can't find any concrete spoilers yet.

I can definitely see it going that way but I hope it doesn't. I don't want another season of June being captive or on-the-run whether it's in Canada or Gilead. What was the deal in the testaments? I remember she visited Hannah/Agnes and Nichole at the end and it didn't seem like a hush-hush operation but maybe I am mis-remembering. 

I want Fred to fall on his own sword. Let him make it back to Gilead thinking he'll be lauded as a hero only to find out he's going to be a Wall decoration. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I can definitely see it going that way but I hope it doesn't. I don't want another season of June being captive or on-the-run whether it's in Canada or Gilead. What was the deal in the testaments? I remember she visited Hannah/Agnes and Nichole at the end and it didn't seem like a hush-hush operation but maybe I am mis-remembering. 

I want Fred to fall on his own sword. Let him make it back to Gilead thinking he'll be lauded as a hero only to find out he's going to be a Wall decoration. 

I'll be happy to answer you in the Testaments or Book answers thread.  Or PM me.

Agree about Fred, what was up with that "Geneva" line though?  I'd prefer Gilead execute him, it would be such poetic justice.  I doubt he'll live that long though.  June killing him, or in a conspiracy to kill him is also poetic justice.  I don't think it would be quite as satisfying to me as Gilead doing it though.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/6/2021 at 6:45 PM, Brn2bwild said:

This is the same guy who thought it was a good idea to let Janine think he would run away with her and the baby. Janine.

And then he thought his wife wouldn't be that mad about it. Now he has one hand and turned Fred into an enemy, and will probably never get a good bj ever again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Am the only person who thinks

Fred is going screw Serena over

leave her in prison, she will deliver

baby goes to the father Fred

The baby goes over the border to Gilead because Fred gives it to them 

Fred gets killed 

and she’s going to be stuck in jail trying to get her kid back from Gilead 

Edited by dmc
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

This all feels possible, dmc

The only thing I can’t decide is if Fred is intercepted and the baby is taken from him or he voluntarily gives it up.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dmc said:

Am the only person who thinks

Fred is going screw Serena over

leave her in prison, she will deliver

baby goes to the father Fred

The baby goes over the border to Gilead because Fred gives it to them 

Fred gets killed 

and she’s going to be stuck in jail trying to get her kid back from Gilead 

This is most probable outcome of the Waterfords since we know that a baby will be transferred probably to Gilead from Canada on a border. And there are many spoilers floating around that June will kill Fred and the producer said that Serena will be somehow separeted from their baby.

Also we all  damn well know that Fred still wants to punish Serena lol

I think that the last scene of the season will be a cliffhanger where June will be somewere in 'no man land' between Gilead and Canada and she will be deciding to stay or to leave to Gilead and we will not know and the first scene of season five will be June in Gilead.

Overall I have very low expectations for season finale because this whole season just wasn't working for me. It was the weakest season in my opinion and I know that season 3 is many fans least favorite season but compared with this one, season 3 is great.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Stephanie23 said:

This is most probable outcome of the Waterfords since we know that a baby will be transferred probably to Gilead from Canada on a border. And there are many spoilers floating around that June will kill Fred and the producer said that Serena will be somehow separeted from their baby.

Also we all  damn well know that Fred still wants to punish Serena lol

I think that the last scene of the season will be a cliffhanger where June will be somewere in 'no man land' between Gilead and Canada and she will be deciding to stay or to leave to Gilead and we will not know and the first scene of season five will be June in Gilead.

Overall I have very low expectations for season finale because this whole season just wasn't working for me. It was the weakest season in my opinion and I know that season 3 is many fans least favorite season but compared with this one, season 3 is great.

I have heard that from a lot of people.  Gilead is more interesting than Canada.  I knew she wouldn't be there forever but...it still was more interesting

• Love 1
(edited)

There are a ton of possible spoilers for next season here:  https://ew.com/tv/the-handmaids-tale-showrunner-season-4-finale/

I originally put it in the media thread, but kind of feel strange discussing the spoiler parts there.

Among them?  Sounds like Serena/June may be the match up for next season, or at least part of it.

It certainly doesn't sound as if June and Luke will necessarily split up over her taking out Fred.  Both of there reactions were due to the time/circumstances.  Luke just woke up, found his wife covered in blood.  June is somewhat shell shocked from finally executing Fred, etc.  Initial reactions may not mean much.

Tuello's only seduction interest in Serena has been to get her to cooperate/snare Fred.  The baby is definitely Fred's.

No repercussions for Nick or Joseph, Gilead will be pleased Fred's been shut up, and both Joseph and Nick work within what is fine by Gilead.  They are probably pleased, and completely aware, Joseph is talking with Gilead, it gives them communication with the outside world that's boycotted them completely.

A few other things as well... 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4

I have a question about Testaments as "spoiler" material...  I've purposely avoided the Testaments thread because I don't want to be spoiled.  But I'm interested in reading the book.  Is the show now following Testaments?  Is the book one big spoiler for the rest of The Handmaid's Tale as a series?

15 minutes ago, chaifan said:

But I'm interested in reading the book.  Is the show now following Testaments?  Is the book one big spoiler for the rest of The Handmaid's Tale as a series?

I would say no, the show isn't strictly following the books. I don't think the producers have committed to it. I can message if you have questions.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, chaifan said:

I have a question about Testaments as "spoiler" material...  I've purposely avoided the Testaments thread because I don't want to be spoiled.  But I'm interested in reading the book.  Is the show now following Testaments?  Is the book one big spoiler for the rest of The Handmaid's Tale as a series?

I think the show is leaning into Testaments territory, setting up for The Testaments at the very least.  They have done nothing to discredit the future show, current book.

The showrunner insists that Testaments will be a new show though, but does it resolve the current show?  Yes.  Do you know who lives and dies?  Yes.  Do a few characters surprise you?  Yes.

You may also PM me if you like.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, chaifan said:

Also, I'd say read Testaments, unless you don't want to be spoiled when that series starts on Hulu.  Personally, I loved the book, not in the same way as the classic Handmaid's Tale, but in the way it answered SO many questions, and certainly in the way the story was resolved.  I even loved a lovely little twist in the afterword.

I will say, from several of your posts in other threads?  Testaments is where you will find answers to several questions you've asked.

All that said, unless next season is all about time jumps or something?  I think THIS show would have done well to end with Fred finally getting Gilead justice, for the right reasons, his crimes against these women, all women, rather than for blabbing Gilead secrets, which is why he would have died in Gilead.  

I don't know why we need a 5th season of the Handmaid's Tale.  From Bruce's latest interview, perhaps it's there to resolve the Serena issues, or mine them more?  Perhaps for Luke, instead of trying to change June so much, to change himself instead?  This was such a short season, probably mostly due to trying to film during COVID, but honestly, 2 more episodes could have done all of that, and IMO, we would go straight into Testaments.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, chaifan said:

The show hasn't started following it yet, and it may not ever. I didn't care for The Testaments, but it was interesting to see where certain characters wound up. We don't know if the show will follow those character choices or not. 

• Love 2

Thanks to everyone on the responses on my Testaments question.  Based on the responses, I'm not going to read it, for now at least.  Just knowing what characters still exist in that book is semi-spoilery for me.  If it is made into it's own show, I may still hold off reading it.  I like not being spoiled for tv shows. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Not a spoiler but I hope that Jainine finally gets out in season 5.

Agreed but I also think that Janine would implode within months of rescue. She's not mentally well and rescue would likely lead to an unpleasant spiral down.

• Useful 2
(edited)

Someone posted this in the media topic:

https://www.whas11.com/article/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/the-handmaids-tale-adds-genevieve-angelson-as-a-gilead-follower-in-season-5/603-d2a47499-0750-4a39-8de1-04e2a52e43d3#:~:text=The Handmaid's Tale cast is,Serena Waterford (Yvonne Strahovski).

and it mentions a rich fan of Serena, who will play a key role in the rise of Gilead in Toronto. :/ I was hoping for them moving closer to a resolution, not a mostly safe country, caving to the same BS. I finally caught up last year, after three years (I stopped watching after the first few episodes in 2018). With this news, I'm not sure I'll want to watch this new season. 

In the Testaments (spoilers below):

Spoiler

this didn't happen, that I can recall. They sent their girls from the centres, to Canada as missionaries, and they were also looking for the baby born to June and what's his name.

Edited by Anela
(edited)
On 7/18/2022 at 9:15 AM, Anela said:

I was hoping for them moving closer to a resolution, not a mostly safe country, caving to the same BS. ... With this news, I'm not sure I'll want to watch this new season. 

In the Testaments (spoilers below):

Reveal spoiler

this didn't happen, that I can recall. They sent their girls from the centres, to Canada as missionaries, and they were also looking for the baby born to June and what's his name.

I admit to a heavy sigh when I read "rise of Gilead in Toronto." This show is so heavy on the futile and oppressive, I just needed one thing - ONE thing - to be a consistent bright light on the horizon.

Every year, I think to myself, "You shouldn't inflict this on yourself, it's almost entirely negative and anxiety-inducing." I watch in the hope of victories for the good guys, and to see the bad guys eat mud. There's just not enough of that. 

I think I'll "watch" via the forum before I commit to actually watching the episodes.

Edited by FierceCritter
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/18/2022 at 9:15 AM, Anela said:

Someone posted this in the media topic:

https://www.whas11.com/article/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/the-handmaids-tale-adds-genevieve-angelson-as-a-gilead-follower-in-season-5/603-d2a47499-0750-4a39-8de1-04e2a52e43d3#:~:text=The Handmaid's Tale cast is,Serena Waterford (Yvonne Strahovski).

and it mentions a rich fan of Serena, who will play a key role in the rise of Gilead in Toronto. :/ I was hoping for them moving closer to a resolution, not a mostly safe country, caving to the same BS. I finally caught up last year, after three years (I stopped watching after the first few episodes in 2018). With this news, I'm not sure I'll want to watch this new season. 

Hide contents

They lost an opportunity to portray the Serena fan from somewhere else in Canada - like Alberta. It would have made more sense for the fan to be outside of Toronto, in another province where she has not had much exposure to ex-Gilead residences. That way I can see her being a fan of Serena & Gilead but not understanding the evilness of the place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Episode titles and descriptions pulled from Reddit:

501 - “Morning”

June struggles as she considers her next move after killing Fred. Serena is left reeling after the death of her husband.

502 - “Ballet”

Jane  and Luke attend a ballet. Serena says goodbye to Fred. Janine and Esther accompany Lydia to a gathering at the Putnam house.

503 - “Border”

June and Moira journey to the border to send a message. Serena attends a dinner party at the Lawrence house. Lydia prays for Janine’s recovery.

504 - “Dear Offred”

June works to overcome her violent instincts while grappling with Serena’s close proximity. Serena settles into her new role in Toronto. Lydia helps Janine with her recovery.

505 – “Fairytale”

June and Luke venture into unfamiliar territory in search of information. Serena gets to know her new hosts.

506 – “Together”

June teaches Luke the basics of survival. Serena tests the hospitality of The Wheelers. Aunt Lydia makes a surprising discovery.

507 – “No Man’s Land”

Alone and isolated, June and Serena must labor together for both to survive.

508 – “Motherland”

June receives a tempting offer from a surprise visitor. Serena hits rock bottom and searches for allies.

509 – Title TBD

510 – Title TBD

Episode 7 excites me. I don’t precisely *ship* June and Serena, but their occasional flashes of camaraderie are a lot more compelling to me than comic book superhero-versus-supervillain stuff. Bring it!

Edited by crashdown
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
13 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Dang. Anyone got a recap?

The main things that I remember are the beats of Serena-and-June, since that's what really interests me. Here's what I know:

5.05: June and Luke go into No Man's Land to meet someone to find out more about Hannah. They're captured by the team of Serena worshipers.

5.06: June and Luke are separated. Luke is taken somewhere and beaten up. June is taken to Serena. Words are exchanged, and June ends up given that impassioned speech about "may the children do better than we have" to Serena while Serena has a gun on her. Serena says "Amen" to that, wheels around, and shoots her bodyguard instead of June. She ushers June into her car and they speed away.

5.07: June is about to leave Serena (maybe Serena is letting her go? The spoiler wasn't clear), but then she realizes that Serena is actually in labor. June comes back; Serena is terrified of her but eventually realizes that June is going to help her and allows it. June delivers Serena's son. They talk about their relationship. Serena apologizes, and according to the spoiler source June "acknowledges" it, whatever that might mean. Eventually June convinces Serena to go to a hospital. While she's there, Luke (not sure how he got back) calls the authorities, because Serena has violated the terms of being in Canada (she's supposed to stay in some sort of Gilead ambassador place). Serena is taken into custody and her son is given to the Wheelers, creepy followers of Gilead whom Serena hates. Apparently Serena goes nuts and starts yelling for June to come help.

5.08. Serena has to decide whether to stay in custody or live as a pseudo-handmaid with the Wheelers and her son. June visits her, and Serena asks June what she should do. June tells her that they aren't friends, and then Serena says that they've been through so much together that they have a bond. Then June advises Serena to go to the Wheelers to be with her son.

Part of the episodes also concern an ask from Joseph that June help him start a "New Bethlehem," which would basically be Gilead without the torture and rape, and one in which people could leave if they wanted to. June visits Serena in 5.08 to find out what she knows about Joseph's New Bethlehem ideas.

That's all I got!

• Like 1