Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Yes, I think that was the point.

The rest of the America countries get quite annoyed that the USA is referred to as "America."

Gilead controls the continental USA, except for Alaska.  They are in several wars with pockets of resistance throughout Gilead, but still?  It's all Gilead.

I can appreciate that they may get annoyed, but we are the one country in the Americas that makes “America” a part of our name.  

12 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

That Nick and June scene hopefully happens after he returns from Canada and it’s him telling her about meeting Luke, or I guess it could be him telling her he’s about to leave with Waterford and perhaps June asks him to look for Luke for her. 

I also see that he seems to be showing Eden some sort of affection, taking her hand, so I guess he’s going to try harder.

How nice of you to seem like you’re finally realizing June is a real person Serena, too bad you still intend to steal her baby.

If you look at the picture of Eden and Nick it looks more like Eden has taken his hand instead of the other way around. Still don’t see any affection from him. If it’s not Eden on the wall I see trouble ahead for Nick! She’s going to spill the beans at some point. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FreddieAnnie said:

If you look at the picture of Eden and Nick it looks more like Eden has taken his hand instead of the other way around. Still don’t see any affection from him. If it’s not Eden on the wall I see trouble ahead for Nick! She’s going to spill the beans at some point. 

That's the way I see it as well. It looks to me like she's giving him a tin of cookies as a going away present and then taking his hand to say goodbye. I also think that Eden is headed for trouble, especially considering that her father and sister are going to show up in upcoming episodes. 

(edited)
9 hours ago, FreddieAnnie said:

I find it hard to see much of anything from him normally, the actor is just very flat to me most of the time, but from other spoilers that I’ve read I do think that Nick is going to make a bit more of an effort at some point with her. 

I am pretty sure she does not die this episode and I actually think that another escape attempt is going to be made either right before she decides to try to tattletale or just as she’s about to. 

Edited by AnswersWanted

Just watched the Hulu promo for episode 10 and ... oh baby, here we go.

Serena really is relishing her moment in the spotlight, sick.

I love seeing Janine doting on June’s belly, she really would be the best auntie to that child, the sort of weird but lovable relative who takes you running through fields of wildflowers and teaches you how to climb a tree to find a bird’s nest to hunt for baby chicks or something.

So Eden is starting to crack and she’s dumb enough now to start bringing June into the conversation. I know she’s just 15 but come on, is this kid that blind that she thinks if Nick is actually attracted to or in love with June that telling him that before she has told anyone else is a smart idea? 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

Just watched the Hulu promo for episode 10 and ... oh baby, here we go.

Serena really is relishing her moment in the spotlight, sick.

I love seeing Janine doting on June’s belly, she really would be the best auntie to that child, the sort of weird but lovable relative who takes you running through fields of wildflowers and teaches you how to climb a tree to find a bird’s nest to hunt for baby chicks or something.

So Eden is starting to crack and she’s dumb enough now to start bringing June into the conversation. I know she’s just 15 but come on, is this kid that blind that she thinks if Nick is actually attracted to or in love with June that telling him that before she has told anyone else is a smart idea? 

This makes me think even more that she will be the one hanging in those photos we saw- probably with Issac. I think someone said above that June & Nick will rat them out- or something to protect themselves and they will be hung. 

Do we think it was a false alarm on the labor? 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

Nick really can't stand Eden. It was so clear after she gave him the cookies and said she'd miss him-no response from him. She mentioned his feelings for June and now she has to go. 

8 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

This makes me think even more that she will be the one hanging in those photos we saw- probably with Issac. I think someone said above that June & Nick will rat them out- or something to protect themselves and they will be hung. 

I do think it's Eden and Issac in the pool and then hanging on the wall. As for the labor...yeah, something weird's going to happen, I think. The Emmy screener said that episode 10 is a cliffhanger. She actually thought it was the season finale and didn't realize there were three more after. :-) Could be false labor (ha ha, won't Serena Joy feel even more stupid with her stupid pretend labor), could be Aunt Lydia intervening and doing something to "protect" the child, could be Fred stepping up and revealing that he's not the father (not sure who'd get in trouble for that since they pretend that SJ is the actual mother), or something could actually happen to the baby. The episode description makes it sound like June has the baby on her own so I am confused. Hannah makes appearance next week, too, so that may be who he's taking June to see. 

10 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I’m thinking that too, it just makes sense, especially since the new guard kid was introduced in this week’s episode and he seems a little sweet on Miss Eden.

If they can take down those two young birds with one stone, or two nooses, then I’m all for it actually. 

I’m hoping the labor is a false alarm just to stick it to Serena. I’m mostly hoping beyond hope that somehow June managed to escape again actually.

3 minutes ago, Hollandaise said:

Nick really can't stand Eden. It was so clear after she gave him the cookies and said she'd miss him-no response from him. She mentioned his feelings for June and now she has to go. 

Agreed, She has officially worn out her welcome.

She is too high strung and emotional and every time she has a breakdown she starts blathering on about things that could get someone killed.

Her insecurities and immaturity are too volatile and costly. 

23 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I do think it's Eden and Issac in the pool and then hanging on the wall. As for the labor...yeah, something weird's going to happen, I think. The Emmy screener said that episode 10 is a cliffhanger. She actually thought it was the season finale and didn't realize there were three more after. :-) Could be false labor (ha ha, won't Serena Joy feel even more stupid with her stupid pretend labor), could be Aunt Lydia intervening and doing something to "protect" the child, could be Fred stepping up and revealing that he's not the father (not sure who'd get in trouble for that since they pretend that SJ is the actual mother), or something could actually happen to the baby. The episode description makes it sound like June has the baby on her own so I am confused. Hannah makes appearance next week, too, so that may be who he's taking June to see. 

Did this person that watched the Emmy Screeners write anything up for Episode 10 that we can read? Or any of the other episodes afterwards? Lol. Clearly I have ZERO patience! 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Did this person that watched the Emmy Screeners write anything up for Episode 10 that we can read? Or any of the other episodes afterwards? Lol. Clearly I have ZERO patience! 

Oh, I know, me too! I want them ALL spoiled for me, in detail, right now. Unfortunately, they didn't get into specifics. What I remember them saying is that episode 10 was "crazy". That you'll change your mind about some characters more than once in the episode, that you think they're going to do X and then they do Z. it was kind of funny because she said it was an "amazing cliffhanger", not realizing that there were 3 more left. Spoilertv will sometimes spoil the episode 2 or 3 days before it airs, but that still means we have to wait a few days. Ugh. We need someone like RealitySteve, the guy who used to spoil the whole Bachelor season. 

• Love 3

There was definitely something between Eden and Isaac. 

I don't really like Eden, at least if she's the type to cause trouble... I can't get behind a teenage girl being killed, though. I haven't seen the preview yet.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

We need someone like RealitySteve, the guy who used to spoil the whole Bachelor season. 

He still does. :)

1 hour ago, Anela said:

I don't really like Eden, at least if she's the type to cause trouble... I can't get behind a teenage girl being killed, though. I haven't seen the preview yet.

Agreed. She's a child and doesn't know any better. She's doing what she's been raised to do. Obviously we're supposed to root against anyone who could be a danger to June or Nick, but I'll be sad if (when) Eden gets hurt.

• Love 4

One thing that struck me as odd was in the preview Eden states to Nick that 'you don't touch me unless you have to.'

I was under the impression that sex even with Econopeople is for procreation only.  That statement sounded like something a 20+ year old would say. Not a 15 year old and not someone who would be a true believer of Gilead as Eden is portrayed at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, greekmom said:

One thing that struck me as odd was in the preview Eden states to Nick that 'you don't touch me unless you have to.'

I was under the impression that sex even with Econopeople is for procreation only.  That statement sounded like something a 20+ year old would say. Not a 15 year old and not someone who would be a true believer of Gilead as Eden is portrayed at the moment. 

Maybe her parents had a happy marriage, and her father "touched" her mother a lot, held hands, or stroked her cheek, gave her hugs?

• Love 2
(edited)

As a West Wing fan... Hearing that Serena plans for June to leave after the birth of the baby, and knowing that Bradley Whitford is showing up sometime this season as a Commander...

I now face the possibility that my big fear could come to pass... that Whitford could be playing Elizabeth Moss's new Commander.

This could make rewatching West Wing scenes with Josh and Zoey in them really uncomfortable...

Edited by mamato
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, mamato said:

As a West Wing fan... Hearing that Serena plans for June to leave after the birth of the baby, and knowing that Bradley Whitford is showing up sometime this season as a Commander...

I now face that my big fear could come to pass... that Whitford could be playing Elizabeth Moss's new Commander.

This could making rewatching West Wing scenes with Josh and Zoey in them really uncomfortable...

I have been wondering when he was going to appear. This makes perfect sense- wasn't he one of the main architects of Gilad- also very eccentric? I believe that is what the article I read (months ago) said- but I could be recalling that wrong. 

Agreed- as also a really big West Wing fan- this will for sure make me squirm. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I have been wondering when he was going to appear. This makes perfect sense- wasn't he one of the main architects of Gilad- also very eccentric? I believe that is what the article I read (months ago) said- but I could be recalling that wrong. 

Imdb says episodes 12 and 13, the last two of the season.

IMDb - The Handmaid's Tale (2017– ) Full Cast & Crew

I read something like that, probably in the same article.  Also that he was an economist and designed Gilead's economy?

2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Agreed- as also a really big West Wing fan- this will for sure make me squirm. 

I was so happy and so squicked simultaneously when I heard he was cast. 

I have switched from hoping he won't play her Commander to hoping we won't have to watch a Ceremony.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Anela said:

There was definitely something between Eden and Isaac. 

That scene of Eden and Isaac in the kitchen is blackmail material for June to use at a later date.  Eden likes the attention she got from Isaac because for one, she is a young girl and two, Nick ain't giving her attention at all.  He has to step it up, walk the walk just to keep Eden from making trouble.

Watching Serena Joy's reaction to what Fred was telling her about the trip makes me think Fred is pushing her just a little closer to the edge of reason and rebellion.  Like that old arcade game with the quarters on different levels and that pushing thing that nudges the quarters off the shelf and then eventually one falls...that quarter will be Serena Joy.

Serena walking in to a bar and getting a glass of wine and talking to a stranger seemed impossible, I would have thought she would have body guards around her at all times.  I liked that that guy offered her an escape and the thought of writing and getting published was very appetizing.

Luke and Nick in a bar, how did Nick find him?  I don't blame Nick for not being honest with Luke about being the baby's father.  I did like that he gave Luke the letters.  Those letters are a better than a bomb...the pen is mightier than the sword.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Luke and Nick in a bar, how did Nick find him?  I don't blame Nick for not being honest with Luke about being the baby's father.  I did like that he gave Luke the letters.  Those letters are a better than a bomb...the pen is mightier than the sword.

Yeah, that bothered me a bit too. 

I had to fan wank that Nick checked out several nearby bars before finding Luke, but even then, why didn't Luke just go home to drink, it's cheaper.

It worked out though, so I decided to let it go, they could have done a quick montage of Nick looking in a few bars first though, 45 seconds would have probably done it.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, mamato said:

Imdb says episodes 12 and 13, the last two of the season.

IMDb - The Handmaid's Tale (2017– ) Full Cast & Crew

I read something like that, probably in the same article.  Also that he was an economist and designed Gilead's economy?

I was so happy and so squicked simultaneously when I heard he was cast. 

I have switched from hoping he won't play her Commander to hoping we won't have to watch a Ceremony.

I thought I read he was supposed to be Emily's Commander?

• Love 1

A theory I saw on reddit that makes sense...and is horrifying.  Isaac rapes Eden but she gets blamed for it.  We already saw him being aggressive and violent.  It sure fits.  They get thrown in the pool and strung up on the wall. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Shaynaa said:

A theory I saw on reddit that makes sense...and is horrifying.  Isaac rapes Eden but she gets blamed for it.  We already saw him being aggressive and violent.  It sure fits.  They get thrown in the pool and strung up on the wall. 

Oh, no. :(

• Love 4
(edited)

According to the advanced reviewers, episode 10 comes with an extra "content warning" at the start of the episode. (link: 

Also, in this article, it's said that things get "much much worse for June" and " it's a kind of devastating two punches in the gut type of episode for her and for the audience, because it leaves her incredibly bereft at the end, and it's an incredibly emotional ride for her." 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/handmaids-tale-season-2-episode-9-explained-1119775

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Stephanie23 said:

Isn't the next episode the only one in which Hannah appears?

Maybe they'll do something to her or the new baby.

I expect that Fred will take June to visit Hannah, and June will discover that Hannah has been completely indoctrinated into Gilead and no longer sees June as her mother, just some lowly sinful Handmaid. He said "You deserve this" in the previews, so it's more of a punishment for her than a reward. June would feel that Hannah was totally lost to her. That would be devastating to June and could drive her to make a desperate bid to escape somewhere to have the baby alone. Either the baby could die, or they find her and take the baby immediately.

Of course, then it would be totally unbelievable they wouldn't just kill her.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

According to the advanced reviewers, episode 10 comes with an extra "content warning" at the start of the episode. (link: 

Also, in this article, it's said that things get "much much worse for June" and " it's a kind of devastating two punches in the gut type of episode for her and for the audience, because it leaves her incredibly bereft at the end, and it's an incredibly emotional ride for her." 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/handmaids-tale-season-2-episode-9-explained-1119775

Thanks for the article!! 

So this part of the article sums up, in a nutshell, my problems with June::

but she's feeling fairly confident, and also, being pregnant in this world gives her a certain amount of power, because they can't do anything to her while she's pregnant. And so, at the top of the episode, she is kinda feeling that power, and it makes her a little bit cheeky, and what ends up happening with her through the course of the episode is that she realizes that this was a completely false illusion that she was living under, and that in the end, things are even much, much worse than she ever thought they were.

Really June? Omar’s death wasn’t enough? The fact you went into a fugue state and were bleeding for days wasn’t enough? Martha’s being shot in the street in front of you wasn’t enough? I am so sick of “ cheeky June”. I am so sick of smirking, smug, you can’t touch me, fuck that, June. Tragedy happens around this woman all the damn time and still she’s under an “illusion“.  It’s annoying. And Elizabeth Moss cannot Garner any sympathy from me  in her acting. When the actress who plays Serena , the VILLAIN of the story can inspire more pathos and inner turmoil than the heroine there is a problem.

edited to add::

the majority of my frustration comes from the constant yo-yo of June’s storyline. It’s the same formula this season :: pregnant June feels powerful, gets sassy, gets slapped down with misery, gets hopeful, feels powerful, gets sassy, gets slapped down harder, gets hopeful, gets sassy, gets emotionally beat down, gets hopeful. It’s the same thing. And now it’s gonna start all over again only this time something even more horrific is gonna happen . Enough already!  She should really be under no illusions at this point over what kind of place this is, pregnant or not. 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, GraceK said:

So this part of the article sums up, in a nutshell, my problems with June::

but she's feeling fairly confident, and also, being pregnant in this world gives her a certain amount of power, because they can't do anything to her while she's pregnant. And so, at the top of the episode, she is kinda feeling that power, and it makes her a little bit cheeky, and what ends up happening with her through the course of the episode is that she realizes that this was a completely false illusion that she was living under, and that in the end, things are even much, much worse than she ever thought they were.

The part that drives me crazy is that June of all people should know that Gilead remembers every single transgression and offense, and just because they can't punish her while she's pregnant, doesn't mean they won't punish her all the more later. For someone whose stated goal is to survive, she's not thinking long-term.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm completely OK with the YoYo of June's life.  She's living a VERY strange life and she's pregnant so the hormone fluctuations alone could lead to various swings of emotions.

If she was down and defeated ALL of the time?  I'd be bored silly, and she'd just kill herself.  If she was up and positive all the time, that would be incredibly stupid, or insane, or...you know, Janine.  <grin>

She's hanging on and hanging in, and to me anyway, the only way she can do that is feel pain and desperation some of the time, and hope or defiance at other times.

Hell, I'm currently feeling that way in my own life, and I don't have even a tenth of June's problems.

I think Eden and Issac are doomed, and honestly?  I don't care that much, but I do want an Econwive in the story.

Maybe things getting worse for June means we really will enter Phase Two of Gilead?  I HOPE SO!  Until we go through that, and Phase Three, Gilead goes Bye Bye for good.  I'm living for the day that it ends...so there is that!

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5

Speaking of the next episode, which you directed, what can you say about what's coming up, and how your experiences differed across these two outings?

Well, it's a very different episode, because we start with Offred in a place of feeling that she has some agency in her own life, that she might actually be able to change her circumstances somehow. We don't really know how. She doesn't really know how, but she's feeling fairly confident, and also, being pregnant in this world gives her a certain amount of power, because they can't do anything to her while she's pregnant. And so, at the top of the episode, she is kinda feeling that power, and it makes her a little bit cheeky, and what ends up happening with her through the course of the episode is that she realizes that this was a completely false illusion that she was living under, and that in the end, things are even much, much worse than she ever thought they were. In her lowest moments, she never thought it could get this bad, but it gets that bad, and without giving it entirely away, it's a kind of devastating two punches in the gut type of episode for her and for the audience, because it leaves her incredibly bereft at the end, and it's an incredibly emotional ride for her. So the shows are very, very different in terms of her arc. It comes as quite a shock: a very powerful shock.  

This is very interesting, so many possibilities.  We see Serena get up from her "birthing bed."

It could mean Elizabeth delivers a still born baby or a shredder. 

I'm trying to think of what else it could mean, given that scene with Serena.  I Suppose it might mean June is taken into custody, put in that basement, shackled, and that is her existence for a while before losing the baby?

Either way, that baby being gone probably leads to the more believable outcome of June eventually escaping, and would help with complication of Nick being the father of one child, and Luke the other. 

Serena not getting the baby after all, could be REALLY interesting, considering she turned down Hawaii.

Wow.

(edited)

Holy shit!

So it was false labor, but then June asked to be moved to another house nearer her daughter, and then it looks like Serena and Fred try to induce labor herself?  Or force that baby out?

What did everyone else get from that, and why are Israel's previews so much better?

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Holy shit!

So it was false labor, but then June asked to be moved to another house nearer her daughter, and then it looks like Serena and Fred try to induce labor herself?  Or force that baby out?

What did everyone else get from that, and why are Israel's previews so much better?

That's the same thing I got. I am so fuming over SJ and her attitude. Before, I thought she was only a passive participate in the ceremony.  This time she looks like she's all for it.

I hope she burns on the stake with fucking Fred.

Why does this show suck me in???

(edited)

Yup. Looks like they are gonna try for the sex will induce labor route. So it looks like Serena is gonna hold on down June while Fred violently rapes June. Of course. Praise Be. I am so over this crap ??? 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 3

I wonder what will Aunt Lydia do when she finds about this.

The Commander and Serena will pay, and I feel bad that Serena participated in this, she threw every improvement  in the last episodes down the drain.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Before, I thought she was only a passive participate in the ceremony.  This time she looks like she's all for it.

Since she’s the one that made nick and June have sex to make that baby, she was never a passive participant. She was always  a rapist. It just looks like this time she’s not bothering to mask it under any piety or fancy rituals. 

Edited by GraceK
  • Love 7

I'm hoping for an out in regards to the baby storyline.  Waterfords rape June. She goes into shock/labour. Baby dies in labour. Aunt Lydia finds out so no punishment for June. 

I'm trying to get into the mindset of the writers onto why this is happening. Can't be for shock only. 

• Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, greekmom said:

That's the same thing I got. I am so fuming over SJ and her attitude. Before, I thought she was only a passive participate in the ceremony.  This time she looks like she's all for it.

I hope she burns on the stake with fucking Fred.

Why does this show suck me in???

That would be probably the most fitting punishment for them, to burn at the stake as slowly as possible, or maybe roast them pit style over hot coals.

They are inhuman, I do not see how the show can ever bring them back from this point.

I guess I really did not need to worry about a redemption arc for Serena, it’s just not even possible to imagine how they can bring her back from this, for me.

8 minutes ago, GraceK said:

Yup. Looks like they are gonna try for the sex will induce labor route. So it looks like Serena is gonna hold on down June while Fred violently rapes June. Of course. Praise Be. I am so over this crap ??? 

This could be a step too far even for me, I don’t know if I can handle seeing Fred and Serena living another episode after pulling something like that.

It’s just another level to their evil that I just didn’t think they would tap into, at least not right now after everything else.

7 minutes ago, Stephanie23 said:

I wonder what will Aunt Lydia do when she finds about this.

The Commander and Serena will pay, and I feel bad that Serena participated in this, she threw every improvement  in the last episodes down the drain.

I feel the opposite about her participating, because to me it just goes to show that there is nothing good in her enough left to save.

That is the real Serena, that is the woman that helped create Gilead, that is a woman who is so self absorbed and selfish that she would stoop to going that far, go that low, lower than low, just to get what she wants.

The fact that she’s the instigator, that she wants the most natural method and that is her solution? 

Hell is too good for her, IMO. 

Edited by AnswersWanted
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

That would be probably the most fitting punishment for them, to burn at the stake as slowly as possible, or maybe roast them pit style over hot coals.

They are inhuman, I do not see how the show can ever bring them back from this point.

I guess I really did not need to worry about a redemption arc for Serena, it’s just not even possible to imagine how they can bring her back from this, for me.

This could be a step too far even for me, I don’t know if I can handoe seeing Fred and Serena living another episode after pulling something like that.

It’s just another level to their evil that I just didn’t think they would tap into, at least not right now after everything else.

I feel the opposite about her participating, because to me it just goes to show that there is nothing good in her enough left to save.

That is the real Serena, that is the woman that helped create Gilead, that is a woman who is so self absorbed and selfish that she would stoop to going that far, go that low, lower than low, just to get what she wants.

The fact that she’s the instigator, that she wants the most natural method and that is her solution? 

Hell is too good for her, IMO. 

I’m wondering if this is the writers response to all the sympathy Serena was getting. They had to have known that this season was showing a side and a conflict to Serena Joy that viewers weren’t used to, and before we forget what a monster she truly is, this is the episode to remind us. Because yes, this woman is evil and we shouldn’t have forgotten that. Not that I did but I was appreciating her layers! 

Edited by GraceK
1 minute ago, GraceK said:

I’m wondering if this is the writers response to all the sympathy Serena was getting. They had to have known that this season was showing a side and a conflict to Serena Joy that viewers weren’t used to, and before we forget what a monster she truly is, this is the episode to remind us. Because yes, this woman is evil and we shouldn’t have forgotten that. 

I’m just wondering if they’re taking a gamble that they can’t afford to with this, because I wonder if this is just a level that a lot of viewers are not going to be able to handle.

I can barely even stomach watching a preview of it, it’s just ...they haven’t provided enough relief, IMO, to crank the sadistic cruelty up to 11. 

The only good way I can see ending that scene is if Nick comes Ramboing into the room and shoots both Fred and Serena in the head, saving June from their attack, and then he grabs her, let’s Rita know it’s time for her to make a choice if she wants to run with them, leaves Eden in bed, and they make a run for it because at that point there’s just nothing left to lose.  

If they could give me that then I might forgive it, but if I am expected to watch that go down and Serena ends up with that baby and June is left with nothing as always? I just don’t know. 

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Stephanie23 said:

This is a bit too much for me and I watch GoT so that saying something.

I'm generally able to roll with most things I watch and keep some kind of perspective on them and I'm damn pissed that they appear to be going there.  What, were they afraid the misery quotient hasn't been dialed up to 17 every single second this season?  Why am I watching this?

• Love 3