Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Move-Ins

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Annoying is right!

Starting to think Cody's behavior resembles Basement Ryan"s and Danielle's behavior resembles Jaclyn's.

Jaclyn was much more aggressive, in my opinion.  Danielle is being more patient thanI would be, but I think she's going to crack at some point. If I were her, I'd be thinking, "who is this child whose voice cracks, who lives with Mom and discusses his relationships with her, and has the vocabulary and grammar of a ten-year old? I'm out."

• Love 8
(edited)

As a dog lover, let me just say   Danielle: Train your damn dogs!  All dogs can be a pleasure to be around but the owner has to take the time to train them or have them professionally trained. Jeesh. Cody was a good sport about them jumping all over him. He really is like the dog whisperer, he calmed them right down. Cody is just a good ole' country boy who auditioned for this show along with his brother for kicks, never thinking he would actually get chosen. Surprise, surprise, Cody. You're married now. 

Nate asking Sheila if she bought everything for her apartment at one time because everything matches.  He's definitely 25. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Don't want to see drama... in fact this is my favorite season for that reason.

There is always a balance that can be had. Even in this season with we've had a drama free couple, a boring couple worth snarling on and major drama. I don't need all drama. Less drama more real but some drama should be there. This episode was devoid of that and suffered to me as a result.

• Love 1
(edited)

Straycat80, I just watched the episode. Doesn't Cody stay with the "friends for now"? I don't remember his deciding "he wants sex."

Danielle's dogs: DNW.

Nate's gigantic younger brother, who might be there for YEARS: DNW.

Ashley's footwear in the kitchen cupboards: DNW.

Nate's first choice of house: WANT!

ETA: humble opinion, I didn't think I could dislike Cody's vocal fry any more, but "Kardashian vocal fry" does it!

ETA2: Maybe Cody AND his brother were chosen, as a "twist," but the other one punked out.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1

Individually, I think all the people are ok on their own but the only couple that seem like a good match are Ashley and Anthony.  I will never understand why the "experts" think it was a good idea to pair 25 year old guys with 30 year old women. I hate to sound like a stereotype but if it were the other way around I I would have more faith in those couples lasting. Most men are just not that mature at 25 and most men I know get married after 34. Cody seems like a very young 25 year old but seems to be an overall nice guy who is way over his head with this marriage thing and should just be dating someone on his maturity level. Danielle is in a very different stage in life when he was showing her  barn and chickens it felt like a little kid showing his babysitter his room and toys.  Now for Nate and Shelia  the maturity level is too far apart too. I know everyone harps on the king/ queen and empire thing he says all the time but as I black woman I can say this a black cultural thing and nothing out of the norm for their ages. He is not ready to be married though. That being said I do applaud him for taking in his brother. Sheila is a little too dramatic and I almost feel she is acting for the cameras.  The show seems to not have a huge pool people and seem to just throw people together for flimsy reasons or non at all.  Anthony and Ashley because they love family and want kids(Ashley more so) Nate and Shelia because they were both black and religious. Danielle and Cody????

• Love 15

Cody's Farm pedigree, gym owner status convinced the "experts" he was a rugged He-man but Cody is a baby man.

Cody's teen years as a phattie meant he never fumbled through making the moves in his teen years.

Cody has no game.

Danielle doesn't like taking the lead because in her mind that is "the man's role" when it come to sex.

Danielle comes off as a confident woman who wants an equally or more confident man...maybe Friday Night Cody in 10 years, not barely post adolescent Cody who hugs Danielle like he's smothering/pawing her.

Cody doesn't even know the basics... how to seductively hug a love interest.

He grabs her and smashes her face into his chest.

Feeling bad for Danielle...time for her  to use her dogs as cock blocks.

Take a lesson from Nick who used his doggies to keep Sonia out of his bed.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, SerenityNow721 said:

Ashley and Anthony seem like a good match.  There may be drama ahead but they seem to be looking out for each other's best interest.  The family stuff is hard to navigate when you are close to a sibling and have always told them everything (previews)  Some guys are not a fan of "girl talk", but I always say the guys come and go - girlfriends are forever.

But shouldn't the guys, or rather a guy, be forever as well in an ideal situation? I know that's not often the case, but I don't think the mentality that your SO is temporary and friends are permanent is a good thing to have. It seems like a self-fulfilling profecy for many people. How committed can you really be while holding your friends in higher regard than your SO? Maybe I'm just odd, but I don't think it should be like that in a good healthy relationship. Obviously, if you're dating/married to some abusive or untrustworthy jerk then that's another thing, but talking won't help much with that, only leaving does.

• Love 9
(edited)

Ashley has shoes in her cabinets because they are open space. It is not like she has pots and things. Good think Anthony likes to cook. 

I bought a roll under the bed shoe holder. it did not take to long to realize I never wore the shoes I had in it, so I threw them out. 

Shelia wants someone to have someone love her when she is nasty? no one loves anyone nasty, sorry that ain't going to happen. 

Untrained dogs. ugh I know so many people who have untrained dogs and it really bugs me.  When i went to Germany i saw that dogs were allowed in restaurants and in trains.  I blame all the people who think it is cute to have an untrained dog in this country we can't have this here.  I have a scent hound who is pretty stubborn/dumb untrainable, I got her as an abused dog at 6.  stopping her from barking is a chore,. but, you do it or set it up to be a positive. Jumping, no no no my dog does not jump. my dog shuts up and sits in a corner when I am talking to someone in the house, she likes to bug people for ear scratches, but when we start a conversation, that is her signal to go away.my dog is not allowed into the dining room, I hate begging dogs.   my major problem is having people come into my house and violating my rules on behavior,  Almost all of them are in their 3os with one 72 years old. they think they can buy love with food and feed the dog cookies until she gets sick, their dogs look like stuffed sausages.  They always express surprise that my numbnuts can be trained, but seriously it is for their own good. I used to walk with a woman with another dog and her dog would pick up food from the street - food that could be poisoned or make it sick, I once tried to get some suspicious food away from it and it got pretty angry, so I backed off, I don't need to train other's dogs.  I hired a kid as a dog walker and it took me longer to train him to have command voice - every thing he said to the dog seemed like a question. people who don't train dogs just don't care enough to do the work. So right there, I( don't like Danielle. She is almost condemning their dog to death if anything happens to her or if for some reason she drops them at a shelter..  YOu would be surprised at how many loving puppy parents get rid of their untrained dog when they have a child - and you have to wonder just what that child will be like as an adult. 

Edited by holly4755
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Why does Ashley have her shoes in her kitchen cabinet?  I've never seen anything like that and I live in NYC.

I know I said pretty much the same thing - It's just weird.  Besides in NY they might become home to bugs if left in cabinets, LOL (ewwww!)

Even weirder is the propensity among participants on this show to have two big sloppy untrained dogs in a small apartment.  I have never seen that in NYC either.  If New Yorkers have big dogs they're usually well trained/behaved,  and most of the time they size the dogs to be comfortable in the size of the apartment.  Small apartment, small dogs.  Otherwise in a co-op or condo. apartment they could get in trouble with the building board if their dogs bother the neighbors.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, MrSmith said:

My wife is out of town for the weekend. I won't get to watch until she gets back on Sunday. And then it'll be a matter of playing catch-up on a number of shows.

I find myself in that situation with my husband when he's too busy but with some shows (like this one) I would watch without him because I don't want to wait.  Although I didn't do that last week and was late to the party here.  I also think there's a lot of TV on right now for some reason and people's attentions are being pulled in a lot of directions.  I'm not being as prolific here myself because I'm watching a lot of other shows right now.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Cody...be useful to Danielle...train her dogs to stop jumping on people...it'll give you something to do instead of having sex with your wife.

You're on a roll today!  All your posts have been hysterical!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I know I said pretty much the same thing - It's just weird.  Besides in NY they might become home to bugs if left in cabinets, LOL (ewwww!)

Even weirder is the propensity among participants on this show to have two big sloppy untrained dogs in a small apartment.  I have never seen that in NYC either.  If New Yorkers have big dogs they're usually well trained/behaved,  and most of the time they size the dogs to be comfortable in the size of the apartment.  Small apartment, small dogs.  Otherwise in a co-op or condo. apartment they could get in trouble with the building board if their dogs bother the neighbors.

When I lived in the East Village my next-door neighbor had a Great Dane. I initially thought "poor dog!" because his 1 BR wasn't big, but apparently Great Danes are actually great apartment dogs because they're fairly low-energy. You'd never know he had the dog unless you saw them coming or going (which we did because they lived next door). Danielle's dogs didn't look trained at all though and they were clearly high-energy.

• Love 3

At the beginning of the episode I was taken back by Sheila's mood and action.  I really think there are multiple issues with her.  She is a bit scary to me.  However, Nate responded in a very positive and spiritual way with her and she seemed to settle down.

I really like Ashley and Anthony-they make me happy.  They really seem like a good match.

• Love 5

The fakeness of the show always shows through when the couples look for apartments. Oh, wow - this apartment happens to be furnished and its only $3000 a month - well take it ! LOL. And the whole bit about not asking the realtor the price until youve already arrived and have looked at the property ... rolls eyes. 

• Love 8

I NEED that first house Nate and Sheila looked at, it was gorgeous.

However, yes, this episode is always the fakest of all the episodes, look at his apartment, look at her apartment, look at a new place, decide on new place--YAY!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I've found that bugs are everywhere, in every city.

The apartment hunting episodes seem so fake, but then again the TH's seem fake too.  Everybody uses the word, "stranger" and says, "I'm excited" about everything.

• Love 3

If I didn't know Cody's name was Cody, I would have assumed his name was Cody and that he was a teenage fatty who probably wore 2 polos with popped collars. I feel like Danielle would eat her placenta and makes yearly pilgrimages to Burning Man.

Sheila is obviously damaged but I can't hear anything over that awful lurch hair. MAKE IT STOP. Nate is acting in the way he thinks a husband should act but he doesn't seem to be living in his heart yet. Also, he needs to grow up like 3 years ago.

Anthony made me gag during the wedding episodes but I don't really have anything negative to say about him now. I think out of all the people that have been on this show he is probably the most put together and ready for this kind of experiment. But it does make me wonder why he's still single if he's as great as he's coming off. Ashley is just like Cody, if I didn't know her name I would have called her Ashley. If I never have to hear her say another fucking word for the rest of my life it would be too soon. THE WHINING OMG... I just can't. She's lucky she's relatively pretty, that's all I'm gonna say.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, MsPH said:

But shouldn't the guys, or rather a guy, be forever as well in an ideal situation? I know that's not often the case, but I don't think the mentality that your SO is temporary and friends are permanent is a good thing to have. It seems like a self-fulfilling profecy for many people. How committed can you really be while holding your friends in higher regard than your SO? Maybe I'm just odd, but I don't think it should be like that in a good healthy relationship. Obviously, if you're dating/married to some abusive or untrustworthy jerk then that's another thing, but talking won't help much with that, only leaving does.

I understand your point. I didnt mean that your partner doesn't come first, only that when you're in a new relationship, it's natural to talk things out with people you trust and who know you well.  Some men don't like that.  I've been in relationships with men like that.  

In the previews, it looks like Ashley's close relationship with her sister may be a problem for Anthony.  I'll wait to see the episode - maybe that's not what's happening.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/19/2017 at 11:10 AM, Snarklepuss said:

Despite being from a big city and knowing all about small apartments and lack of storage, I can safely say that I never once felt compelled to store shoes in my kitchen cabinets, and that's despite being affectionately called "Imelda" by family and friends (huge shoe collection).  And I was young and didn't have time to cook either.  I don't know, maybe it's just that in my universe putting shoes where I eat doesn't feel quite sanitary.  Plus the way she was doing it didn't look like the best use of storage space either.

I lived in pretty spacious apartment in college-and kept shoes in my *oven.*  It just seemed like a perfect shoe storage place-two little neat shelves. Don't hate! Plus, that's exactly the way my apt was set up when I met my now husband-20 years ago. I think it's good he knew what he was getting into. 

Edited by NoJustNo
  • Love 5
On 5/19/2017 at 3:25 PM, Liberty said:

Starting to think Cody's behavior resembles Basement Ryan"s and Danielle's behavior resembles Jaclyn's.

I agree so much!  Danielle isn't quite as extreme as Jaclyn but she might be if they have sex, haha!  

Cody just isn't into Danielle.  Period.  And I think when he talked to his mom she probably said things like "love will grow with time," or "you have to work at it," or, "you can't just quit," so he's trying to force feelings that just aren't there.  Cody was all over Danielle at first but now that it's clear she's been around the block a few times he's overwhelmed and it's awkward!  I wouldn't be surprised if he starts having panic attacks trying to force feelings that aren't there.  It's a bad match...he's a genuinely good guy but too inexperienced for Danielle.

• Love 5

Let me toss this out for discussion...

Should Danielle have sex with Cody knowing a full week in the marriage that she will pull the plug at the Decision Show?

Should Cody just tell Danielle honestly while he loves her like a friend, he isn't IN love with her and won't be in 7 weeks.

Stranger Married Friends taking advantage of full marital benefits isn't a bad way to pass the next 7 weeks of the project.

Cody could pick up experience and Danielle could have an Energizer bunny in between the sheets.

Opine....

• Love 3
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Should Danielle have sex with Cody knowing a full week in the marriage that she will pull the plug at the Decision Show?

Should Cody just tell Danielle honestly while he loves her like a friend, he isn't IN love with her and won't be in 7 weeks.

Stranger Married Friends taking advantage of full marital benefits isn't a bad way to pass the next 7 weeks of the project.

I honestly think its best they haven't had sex yet. I still wonder if something was tried on the wedding night or around that point and he was turned down. Or if something else happened that we didn't see to make us just think he isn't interested now and she is. It just flipped so fast that it made no sense. Yet if is not feeling anything for her then I commend him for not jumping into bed with her just because she is willing to give it up now. Many men would have taken advantage of it for the sex. I figured since its still early we will just have to wait to see what happens at this point between them. Heck they could all of a sudden flip again and both be into it or he could be and her not. I just hate how this show ends up edited because it doesn't tell us the whole story ever. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Cody could pick up experience and Danielle could have an Energizer bunny in between the sheets.

Opine....

I don't really think they know at this point how they're going to feel by Decision Day. Although Cody seems to have 'friend zoned' her, he's keeping at it, & Danielle is also hanging in there with him. Privately they may each have a gut instinct, but it seems too early for them to tell for sure if something might give before then. Either that or one or both just isn't ready to say it.

I agree with Evil Queen in giving Cody some credit for not just using her like that, which I think would be douchey. And it was an odd turn around, so with all the editing who knows what's really happening with them so far.

• Love 6
On May 19, 2017 at 7:08 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Straycat80, I just watched the episode. Doesn't Cody stay with the "friends for now"? I don't remember his deciding "he wants sex."

I thought he said after the conversation on the swing that he was ready for romance. I guess I took that to mean he was ready for sex. Idk, I may have misunderstood what he meant. 

• Love 1

With the exception of Jamie and Doug, I don't think i've ever seen the love story go from friend zone to being into each other on this show. I think sometimes things can grow, but people generally know from day 1 or 2 if someone is a good match for you and if you're going to have that chemistry. I definitely 100 % see divorce for Danielle and Cody either by the end of this show or within the year.

• Love 3

I think Danielle is just too old for Cody.  She keeps saying she wants a manly man, not sure she is willing to give up being in charge.

Cody is inexperienced with Women, he needs a young lady.  He was brought up on a farm, probably not many girls around, plus he said he was overweight.

They should not have chosen him ( he probably wanted to be on show because he really didn't know how to woo a girl and get a wife)

Danielle hides her age behind the bangs, some years cannot be hidden elsewhere

• Love 3

Love how thoughtful Anthony is with Ashley. He doesn't make a huge show out of it, he just does little things he knows she likes. I like the two of them together. Hopefully Ashley doesn't let her sister ruin things. Not much to say except Sheila seems bipolar. When she isn't happy she is exhausting! Nate will no longer be high energy bouncing around a ten all the time because dealing with Sheila will leave him quiet and worn out lol. Sheila does seem very kind to his brother though.  

Cody is too young for this show and too inexperienced with women. I can't imagine marrying a man who lives with his parents. If he can afford to live with his wife he can afford to live with a roommate. Not sure why they put Danielle and Cody together. The difference in maturity level is startling. 

• Love 4

It's sad and not fair to the people who are complete mismatches to be married like Cody and Danielle.  Sadly this is TV show with legal contracts to have things a certain way no matter what.  Yes, the individuals signed up but to be matched by experts.  

Danielle is more than magnanimous!  I'm wondering if she's too hopeful.  I would've been so dejected that "my husband" explained that he wanted to slow things down- and he didn't mean physically as nothing is happening- that I would be over this whole thing.   

Was it always 8 weeks or were the other seasons 6 weeks before the big divorce show?

• Love 1

They live as married couples for 6 weeks before The Decision Show... show a little optimism....but The Divorce Show is a more apt name...

The Code Man seems to be regressing in age in each successive episode...he'll be pre pubescent before the end of the season.

Married At First Sight Meets "Big", the movie starring Tom Hanks....

• Love 5
(edited)
41 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

It's sad and not fair to the people who are complete mismatches to be married like Cody and Danielle.  Sadly this is TV show with legal contracts to have things a certain way no matter what.  Yes, the individuals signed up but to be matched by experts.  

Danielle is more than magnanimous!  I'm wondering if she's too hopeful.  I would've been so dejected that "my husband" explained that he wanted to slow things down- and he didn't mean physically as nothing is happening- that I would be over this whole thing.   

Was it always 8 weeks or were the other seasons 6 weeks before the big divorce show?

At least Cody didn't come right out and scream, "I'm not attracted to you!" like Nick did to Sonia. I will give him credit for that. Even if Cody isn't really feeling Danielle like that, even if he is clueless, he is unwittingly letting her down easy. 

Danielle didn't make much of an impression on me at first, but with each show, I like her more and more. I hope she gets a nice, healthy marriage (no matter the source).

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

They live as married couples for 6 weeks before The Decision Show... show a little optimism....but The Divorce Show is a more apt name...

The Code Man seems to be regressing in age in each successive episode...he'll be pre pubescent before the end of the season.

Married At First Sight Meets "Big", the movie starring Tom Hanks....

LOL!!!!  You are funny!!  It does seem like he regressing!  He was into her on the wedding day!  

4 minutes ago, discoprincess said:

At least Cody didn't come right out and scream, "I'm not attracted to you!" like Nick did to Sonia. I will give him credit for that. Even if Cody isn't really feeling Danielle like that, even if he is clueless, he is unwittingly letting her down easy. 

He's confusing.  He was attracted to her after the wedding and initiating kissing when they were laying on the bed.  I wonder if he was attracted but then their personalities didn't mesh and he doesn't like her romantically so he became less physically attracted to her, hence literally friend-zoning his wife.   

• Love 3
On 5/21/2017 at 10:21 PM, Evil Queen said:

I honestly think its best they haven't had sex yet. I still wonder if something was tried on the wedding night or around that point and he was turned down. Or if something else happened that we didn't see to make us just think he isn't interested now and she is. It just flipped so fast that it made no sense. Yet if is not feeling anything for her then I commend him for not jumping into bed with her just because she is willing to give it up now. Many men would have taken advantage of it for the sex. I figured since its still early we will just have to wait to see what happens at this point between them. Heck they could all of a sudden flip again and both be into it or he could be and her not. I just hate how this show ends up edited because it doesn't tell us the whole story ever. 

I agree with this.   

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

LOL!!!!  You are funny!!  It does seem like he regressing!  He was into her on the wedding day!  

He's confusing.  He was attracted to her after the wedding and initiating kissing when they were laying on the bed.  I wonder if he was attracted but then their personalities didn't mesh and he doesn't like her romantically so he became less physically attracted to her, hence literally friend-zoning his wife.   

Didn't Nick more or less do the same thing? Plus, according to Sonia, he and Sonia actually had consummated the marriage at some point, which was what had made Nick's outburst that much more confusing. 

If Cody is friend-zoning his wife because he does not see a romantic future with her, he needs to grow a pair and end the experiment early like that other woman (Heather?) did last season. Danielle would probably respect him more (and maybe be more attracted to him because he was showing more manly qualities).

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, crgirl412 said:

I would've been so dejected that "my husband" explained that he wanted to slow things down- and he didn't mean physically as nothing is happening- that I would be over this whole thing.   

She's hanging in there, but I thought she seemed much less enthusiastic as of the last show. Cody's cooling her down quickly.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
On 5/19/2017 at 2:42 PM, humbleopinion said:

Catch the pop up that M@FS is casting in Boston?

Send your brothers, nephews, uncles, cousins, co workers out to audition...

Hoping for quality and quantity in the groom pool...and bride pool...

I'm so grateful that any family that I have in that area are already happily married!!! 

On 5/19/2017 at 11:22 AM, Snarklepuss said:

I know, it's still unusually quiet in here.  Very strange.  Perhaps people are tuning out or just don't care to comment anymore.  Or....they're all busy and will watch later on their DVRs.

I don't get it on my DVR until Tuesday nights - it's called a repeat but I can't find where the new one is!

7 minutes ago, princelina said:

I don't get it on my DVR until Tuesday nights - it's called a repeat but I can't find where the new one is!

That's exactly my problem. Last year when the show was on FYI it was consistent and easy for me to find. Tuesday at 9 EST. Now I have no clue. Did a search for tonight but didn't see it. They also don't do many reruns. Some shows they play to death. Not this one. 

3 hours ago, discoprincess said:

Didn't Nick more or less do the same thing? Plus, according to Sonia, he and Sonia actually had consummated the marriage at some point, which was what had made Nick's outburst that much more confusing. 

If Cody is friend-zoning his wife because he does not see a romantic future with her, he needs to grow a pair and end the experiment early like that other woman (Heather?) did last season. Danielle would probably respect him more (and maybe be more attracted to him because he was showing more manly qualities).

There is no way they would let it happen again. Heather was a strong woman that wasn't going to be bullied by the "experts" into giving it another try. More so she was very right in not doing so considering how that schmuck was. Sonia left Nick after his drunken outburst and knew in her gut not to go back but got bullied into going back to give the marriage another go. Cody and Danielle both come across as not strong enough to stand up to the "experts" bullying in that kind of situation where one might want to walk away. 

3 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I think there is some things we didn't see that have led to his backing off. He was very into her at the wedding and wanted sex with her. Which as I have said before, I wonder if he got turned down on the wedding night and maybe in a way that made him feel less than so he sees her in another light. He doesn't want to risk a repeat of things....obviously its just assuming but something went on we didn't see. This is part of my issues with this show....never telling us the whole story but their made up bs to make one person look one way or the other at times or create fake stupid drama. If they gave us the whole story though someone would not come out smelling like a rose I am betting. 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That's exactly my problem. Last year when the show was on FYI it was consistent and easy for me to find. Tuesday at 9 EST. Now I have no clue. Did a search for tonight but didn't see it. They also don't do many reruns. Some shows they play to death. Not this one. 

It still is on FYI on Tuesdays - so is the one with David and Vanessa.  So that's the one I will keep watching, even if it makes me late to the party here :)

14 hours ago, princelina said:

The new one is shown on Lifetime now on The previous Thursday night.

• Love 1