Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Move-Ins

• Start Topic

Everybody seemed to be getting alone on this episode. Cody decides he wants sex. Shelia likes Nate's brother. Ashley got her parking space. 

I'm thinking Cody and Danielle are living in a suburb. Shelia, Nate and Brother are living in a suburb too. Ashley and Anthony are in the city. 

I found it interesting that all the women make more money than the guys. 

• Love 6
Just now, Straycat80 said:

Everybody seemed to be getting alone on this episode. Cody decides he wants sex. Shelia likes Nate's brother. Ashley got her parking space. 

I'm thinking Cody and Danielle are living in a suburb. Shelia, Nate and Brother are living in a suburb too. Ashley and Anthony are in the city. 

I found it interesting that all the women make more money than the guys. 

Besides Ashely, they are all older, so I think it's more expected for them to make more?   I wished they had stated what the others made...would love to know what Nate makes.  

• Love 7

thanks google!

Average Salary for Enterprise Rent-A-Car Co Employees

JobNational Salary Data

Manager Trainee $30,276 - $49,358

Branch Manager, Rental Services $30,744 - $56,773

Assistant Manager, Customer Service $36,120

Assistant Store Manager $42,308

Livable wages...

• Love 2
(edited)

Cody is so f-ing clueless that he does everything wrong.  He is like a big non-stop cold shower.  When he told her he wanted to take a step back I felt the wave of rejection on Danielle's face.  It went right through me.  It was palpable.  I felt for her.  She put up a stoic front but that really did hurt her.  When presented with a real woman he wusses out and tells her they can "hash it out" when they get back to Chicago .  Dude, hashing things out ruins romance, it doesn't give it a chance to grow!  She's sick and tired of you talking everything to death in a high pitched monotone.  She just wants you to grab her and throw her down on the bed, forchrissakes!  Then when they get back to Chicago he tells her he talked things over with his mommy.  Again, just throw ice cubes all over everything, why don't you?  Sheesh!

I haven't really had much to say about Sheila, but unless Nate told her off camera that he wants to have a threesome or something she is just way over the top and needs to take a chill pill.  OK, he's competitive and being a douche about it with her, but calm the fuck down, woman!  He is really trying hard to be patient with her and I liked it when he said they should pray together.  Nate may be hung up on "respect" but Sheila is just hung up about every.  little.  thing.  Red flags and baggage everywhere with her.  Oy vey!

I'm with Ashley on needing the parking space.  Having lived in a downtown area without one, it's not being too picky to insist on one, IMO.  Plus that high rise apartment they chose is very bright and cute.  I think the show is trying to make them look like they have more issues than they really have, just like they did with Tom and Lilly last season.  I'm starting to like Anthony and Ashley together a little more although I don't get the sense that they have any real connection yet.  I'm not sure they're the type of people that really need a "soul mate" connection.  I suppose I'm projecting my own personality type/relationship needs on them.  Hey if they're happy, so am I!

ETA:  I kinda like it that Ashley is a little quirky, enough to put her shoes in the kitchen cabinets, LOL (how "Carrie Bradshaw" of her).  Although being a cook, if they married me with someone that did that I would probably not have been too happy.  I hope Anthony's cooking ability isn't lost on her.  She doesn't strike me as a foodie at all.  But hey, he may find a way to her heart through her stomach!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 12

Surprised this thread is so quiet tonight. Usually there is more in here by the time the show airs for me at this time. 

UGH Calvin and the whole matching Nate and Sheila because of religion. Sorry dude but matching for just that reason alone is stupid. They have to have more than just that in common. I doubt that one is as religious as the other either. I still think these 2 should not have even been picked for this show....Cody as well. OMG I don't see how they are starting to build a good foundation as she says. She is majorly OCD about her shoes and clothes from how it looked. Nate with that house knew what he was doing. It showed his immaturity. I get the vibe from him that he likes to live WAY beyond his means. He even had the sad kid face going when he realized it wasn't going to happen and they were leaving. LOL 

I see why Ashley keeps her shoes where she does. Not a lot of space at all so you make due with what you have. Even if its odd places. LOL Anthony about the places was thinking pretty smart about subletting her place and how his lease was up soon (which the show probably loved that). I get her wanting a place to park in that city. There are some cities its a must. Interesting to see what the preview was on them though because I know editing on that plays stupid games. 

Cody says he talked to his mom about the last night of the honeymoon. Um ok now. Not like there was much to talk about. LOL I will give it to him that he wasn't going to pick the one place to live in because it wasn't fair to Danielle's commute. That is a lot more than what some would have done. Now she needs to toss on something other than sweats for bed and maybe he will be ready for her. LOL Either way though he needs to be showing some sort of affection towards her at this point so she doesn't end up losing interest in trying to make it work. 

• Love 5

Done with Cody...I can't watch his segments anymore.

Everything about him is annoying, juvenile, gawky and immature...the Kardashian vocal fry...shaving burn or worse acne on his neck...lack of any polish in manner, demeanor, his eating, his table manners,the way he carries himself...can't dress worth sh!t-that ginormous shirt with the bear.

If I were Danielle I would punch all 3 experts in their stupid faces and ask WTF? WTF? as I stood over their bodies.

Was the 4 days of Cody's co-habitating with a girl at sleep away band camp?

Nate and Shelia both spend lots of money on clothes...they have that in common.

Ant/Ash's biggest conflict is over a parking spot...zzzzzz

• Love 14

I'm liking this season much better than last season, which was really bad IMO. Thank you to whomever shared this forum with the editors because there was no mention of Sheila's lack of orgasms this time. That is not an interesting storyline. Nate is growing on me a bit. After the first ep he was my least fav and now it is probably Danielle. 

• Love 3

I enjoyed this episode.  I prefer episodes without obviously contrived drama.  All three couples seem to be doing ok.  I can see at least a friendship developing in all three couples.

Nate has grown on me...but Sheila has not.  Too much drama for me.

The commerical for next week's episode... Ashley's sister asked her if she was pregnant since she was not drinking.  Hmm...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I see why Ashley keeps her shoes where she does.

That felt like a producer driven set up to me. Let's put your shoes in the kitchen cabinets and see how Anthony reacts! Oh and Ash, you have cheap, ugly shoes. 

7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Lol, right? How do you live with somebody for just 4 days? He's such a manchild. His vocal fry is unbearable. Never heard that on a guy before.  Danielle looked pretty with her bangs swept to the side, she needs to keep doing that.

I get a bossy my way or the highway vibe from Sheila. Time will tell. She was nice to the brother, though.

• Love 7

Well that was nice and (mostly) drama free, for a change.

I don't know why so many women have so many shoes. When do they even wear them? I don't remember seeing Danielle's collection, and that makes me like her a bit more. 

I think Cody's a nice guy, just utterly clueless about everything. Communication is important, but sometimes less is more. Danielle's head must be spinning trying to decipher what it is he really wants. And men who confide in their moms about everything creep me about. Reminds me of a short-lived ex, who wouldn't accept my decision to go our separate ways and when I finally answered one of his desperate calls, he told me he'd been talking to his mom a lot about it. Way to make me 100% sure I did the right thing.

I'm glad Sheila was acting civil and gets along with Tyrique so well, but I feel like she's still on the look out for red flags 24/7. It's only a matter of time until she starts picking on Nate again. She was itching while they were talking about their spending.

Nothing much to say about A&A, they get along so well. I loved the place the decided to move into! So light.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Cody is so f-ing clueless that he does everything wrong.  He is like a big non-stop cold shower.  When he told her he wanted to take a step back I felt the wave of rejection on Danielle's face.  It went right through me.  It was palpable.  I felt for her.  She put up a stoic front but that really did hurt her.  When presented with a real woman he wusses out and tells her they can "hash it out" when they get back to Chicago .  Dude, hashing things out ruins romance, it doesn't give it a chance to grow!  She's sick and tired of you talking everything to death in a high pitched monotone.  She just wants you to grab her and throw her down on the bed, forchrissakes!  Then when they get back to Chicago he tells her he talked things over with his mommy.  Again, just throw ice cubes all over everything, why don't you?  Sheesh!

I haven't really had much to say about Sheila, but unless Nate told her off camera that he wants to have a threesome or something she is just way over the top and needs to take a chill pill.  OK, he's competitive and being a douche about it with her, but calm the fuck down, woman!  He is really trying hard to be patient with her and I liked it when he said they should pray together.  Nate may be hung up on "respect" but Sheila is just hung up about every.  little.  thing.  Red flags and baggage everywhere with her.  Oy vey!

I'm with Ashley on needing the parking space.  Having lived in a downtown area without one, it's not being too picky to insist on one, IMO.  Plus that high rise apartment they chose is very bright and cute.  I think the show is trying to make them look like they have more issues than they really have, just like they did with Tom and Lilly last season.  I'm starting to like Anthony and Ashley together a little more although I don't get the sense that they have any real connection yet.  I'm not sure they're the type of people that really need a "soul mate" connection.  I suppose I'm projecting my own personality type/relationship needs on them.  Hey if they're happy, so am I!

ETA:  I kinda like it that Ashley is a little quirky, enough to put her shoes in the kitchen cabinets, LOL (how "Carrie Bradshaw" of her).  Although being a cook, if they married me with someone that did that I would probably not have been too happy.  I hope Anthony's cooking ability isn't lost on her.  She doesn't strike me as a foodie at all.  But hey, he may find a way to her heart through her stomach!

I agree re: Cody. He's just SO young. He seems really immature. Do not talk to your mommy about your honeymoon, Cody. I really don't understand that pairing, other than "they both have an interest in health."

I would be annoyed by shoes in the cabinets, as a cook - I'd veto that if Ashley lived with me. I need cabinet space for pots and pans and food. It makes sense for Ashley though if she doesn't cook much, and she probably doesn't given that she works at a bar/restaurant - she probably eats at work.

I am starting to find Sheila exhausting. That breakdown was like ... whoa. She was nice to Nate's brother though, I'll give her that.

I wasn't surprised that Danielle and Sheila made more than their husbands but I was surprised that Ashley made more than Anthony.

• Love 6

Cody is so f-ing clueless that he does everything wrong.  He is like a big non-stop cold shower. 

Hysterical!  And so true. 

When he told her he wanted to take a step back I felt the wave of rejection on Danielle's face.  It went right through me.  It was palpable.  I felt for her.  She put up a stoic front but that really did hurt her.  When presented with a real woman he wusses out and tells her they can "hash it out" when they get back to Chicago .  Dude, hashing things out ruins romance, it doesn't give it a chance to grow!  She's sick and tired of you talking everything to death in a high pitched monotone.  She just wants you to grab her and throw her down on the bed, forchrissakes!  Then when they get back to Chicago he tells her he talked things over with his mommy.  Again, just throw ice cubes all over everything, why don't you?  Sheesh!

Yes!  All of this.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I agree re: Cody. He's just SO young. He seems really immature. Do not talk to your mommy about your honeymoon, Cody. I really don't understand that pairing, other than "they both have an interest in health."

I would be annoyed by shoes in the cabinets, as a cook - I'd veto that if Ashley lived with me. I need cabinet space for pots and pans and food. It makes sense for Ashley though if she doesn't cook much, and she probably doesn't given that she works at a bar/restaurant - she probably eats at work.

I am starting to find Sheila exhausting. That breakdown was like ... whoa. She was nice to Nate's brother though, I'll give her that.

I wasn't surprised that Danielle and Sheila made more than their husbands but I was surprised that Ashley made more than Anthony.

I haven't seen this yet but as usual love reading the comments. I wonder if they had trouble getting a 3rd couple together so hit on Danielle & Cody just because of 'health'; it's obviously not enough & he's way too young for her.

Sorry to hear Sheila is still acting up. I wonder if it's show-induced drama or if she's a natural drama 'queen' & they're just playing it up a bit.

I was surprised to read here that Ashley makes more than Anthony, but I had wondered on an earlier epi board about his 'marketing executive' status. Marketing as a title can mean so many things. He's a bit young for 'executive' status & I think maybe he's more of a 'marketing rep' - there's a big difference. That would be more of a sales guy & depending on what he's selling, commission, etc, income can vary widely.

My opinion is I think Ashley is probably over paid due to working for her family.

• Love 3

N8's and Sheila's mutual tongue washing with the mic boom right in the mix, picking up every slurp flashed me back to high school parties with couples making out...eww

In the tease, Cody kissing Danielle forcefully shows a lack of technique, finesse, and reminded me of middle school couples making out...

Sheila wins in the shoe competition among the 3 women...she may not  have more pairs than her hubs, tho.

Nice that Ashley helped Anthony pack and move out of his place.

Hopefully, she packed up his pit stained t shirts and threw them out..yellow blotches...hard to ignore

• Love 2
(edited)

I completely understand Ashley wanting a designated parking space.  I also get shoes in the kitchen.  A city apartment has limited storage and if neither are into cooking that equals a lot of valuable storage there.  Many career people in the city order in or eat out a lot and only store the minimum. 

So no sex yet for Cody and Danielle ?  I multi task when I watch and may have missed it.  

I see divorce with all of them, not matter what they say in the finale.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I also get shoes in the kitchen.  A city apartment has limited storage and if neither are into cooking that equals a lot of valuable storage there.  Many career people in the city order in or eat out a lot and only store the minimum.

Despite being from a big city and knowing all about small apartments and lack of storage, I can safely say that I never once felt compelled to store shoes in my kitchen cabinets, and that's despite being affectionately called "Imelda" by family and friends (huge shoe collection).  And I was young and didn't have time to cook either.  I don't know, maybe it's just that in my universe putting shoes where I eat doesn't feel quite sanitary.  Plus the way she was doing it didn't look like the best use of storage space either.

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Surprised this thread is so quiet tonight. Usually there is more in here by the time the show airs for me at this time.

I know, it's still unusually quiet in here.  Very strange.  Perhaps people are tuning out or just don't care to comment anymore.  Or....they're all busy and will watch later on their DVRs.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Done with Cody...I can't watch his segments anymore.

Everything about him is annoying, juvenile, gawky and immature...the Kardashian vocal fry...shaving burn or worse acne on his neck...lack of any polish in manner, demeanor, his eating, his table manners,the way he carries himself...can't dress worth sh!t-that ginormous shirt with the bear.

If I were Danielle I would punch all 3 experts in their stupid faces and ask WTF? WTF? as I stood over their bodies.

Nate and Shelia both spend lots of money on clothes...they have that in common.

Ant/Ash's biggest conflict is over a parking spot...zzzzzz

This whole post.....I am still LOL!  WTF?, WTF?, punch, punch!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzz......This could be one more reason for the lack of posts so far.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

I know, it's still unusually quiet in here.  Very strange.  Perhaps people are tuning out or just don't care to comment anymore.  Or....they're all busy and will watch later on their DVRs.

I have been watching a lot on MSNBC and watch DVRed shows the next day.  Not many watch this show here either.  

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

My wife is out of town for the weekend. I won't get to watch until she gets back on Sunday. And then it'll be a matter of playing catch-up on a number of shows.

• Love 1

To me, Ashley and Anthony seem like the ones with the best odds of success. Cody is just so lame that I believe he'll lose this relationship and she seems very nice, what a shame. The train wreck is clearly Nate and Sheila and in my view, they were never a match to begin with, the fault of the Pros here. Nate is just far too advanced for Sheila and she is living in a fantasy world when it comes to men and her picture in her mind is far from what she'll get. In the end, Nate will fare better with another woman but poor Sheila will be alone for quite a while unless she meets that rich Prince Charming....

• Love 2

Cody: "I wanna get romantic and stuff with Danielle."  I feel like I'm watching a high-schooler, right down to the cracking voice.  Did someone put him up to being on this show?

Nate: "I'm gonna go see mah girl Sheila's crib.  Everybody like, 'you got married? Yeah, I'm married; see the ring?!"  Again, bigtime low maturity level. 

Sheila has a weird way of twisting her mouth into odd shapes when she talks.  I'm finding it hard to listen to her talk because I keep watching her face.  And a few times she definitely gave Nate the side-eye when he said some things, like how all of her things "matched" in her apartment and she had to explain that, you know, over time people collect things that they like.  Speaking of which- how did I know ahead of time that she likes placards with cheesy sayings on them?

• Love 11

They were trying to give us drama with the whole.. "Why is it important for Ashley to have a parking spot?" As if that isn't a completely reasonable request. In a city, if you don't have a designated parking spot, there's very little chance of finding a spot anywhere near your house and you usually have to search for a good half an hour to find anything . Believe me I know. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I would like to know how big the casting pool was and who they rejected if this is the cream of the crop. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

Sheila's mouth movements while talking are very annoying.  I am deaf and read lips.  When I tell people I read lips- sometimes they talk just like Sheila.  Drives me crazy because it makes it harder to understand.  Talk normal, peeps.  :-)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Lol, right? How do you live with somebody for just 4 days? He's such a manchild. His vocal fry is unbearable. Never heard that on a guy before.  Danielle looked pretty with her bangs swept to the side, she needs to keep doing that.

In Cody's mind 4 days is the maximum one can stay with a girl before catching "cooties".

• Love 5

Low conflict equals low interest. The message boards reflect that. Which is why I always challenge the notion that *insert reality show here* would be better if they just cast mature "real" people. That's boring. It's not going to draw people in. 

The dogs - I'm probably one of few that looks on dating sites for hints of a pet first. You could be the greatest person in the world but if you have pets? Full pass. Do not want and never want. Especially those big ass dogs Danielle had. The jump all over the place and barking is one of my worst nightmares.

• Love 3

A few other thoughts:  

Cody's grammar.  My God.  "Danielle and me are movin' in together." "Me and Danielle will get a chance to see if this marriage will work."  And Mom continues to predominate: gotta help my little guy pack his stuff! Including his Wolf Shirt which, according to her, is a real woman-attractor!

What was Ashley wearing during the move-in? Hot pink tights?  Is this 1985?

Nate's comment that well, if he and Tyrique get on his Queen's nerves, at least they'll still be having fun!  Hints of conflict to come!

• Love 7

I was happy to see the couple's mostly got along during the move in but it doesn't leave much to talk about. I live in Chicago and without a parking spot you end up having to pay for a residential permit which can be more than paying for parking in an apartment. And you would still probably end up blocks away. Our not so wonderful mayor wants to have all parking spaces in the city be paying spaces. I think the apartment Ashley and Anthony picked out was cute-I think she might have a hard time though. I get the idea she is kind of spoiled by her family and might have a hard time sharing. I did wonder why none of the participants seem to have really decorated their spaces-I'm guessing they had to take down any paintings/professional photographs for copyright reasons.

It looks like Nate comprised quite a bit by moving closer to Sheila's job. Maybe he doesn't mind the commute and his brother's plans are still up in the air. I'm glad they didn't go with the huge house-the idea of it seemed to overwhelm Sheila. As far as Danielle and Cody-they are just a mismatch. I think they are both nice people and I have no idea why Cody applied for this show-but it's not going to work. I wonder what type of conversations the experts had with Cody because he doesn't seem at all ready for this. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Catch the pop up that M@FS is casting in Boston?

Send your brothers, nephews, uncles, cousins, co workers out to audition...

Hoping for quality and quantity in the groom pool...and bride pool...

Nah. Don't get people you love involved in this nonsense. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Low conflict equals low interest. The message boards reflect that. Which is why I always challenge the notion that *insert reality show here* would be better if they just cast mature "real" people. That's boring. It's not going to draw people in. 

The dogs - I'm probably one of few that looks on dating sites for hints of a pet first. You could be the greatest person in the world but if you have pets? Full pass. Do not want and never want. Especially those big ass dogs Danielle had. The jump all over the place and barking is one of my worst nightmares.

I look for pets too because I really only like dogs, and even then only a certain size (medium to big, no "purse dogs"). If a guy is posing with his chihuahua or cat, I pass. Danielle's dogs don't look very well-behaved though. What is it with people on this show and these bad-ass dogs?

They were trying to give us drama with the whole.. "Why is it important for Ashley to have a parking spot?" As if that isn't a completely reasonable request. In a city, if you don't have a designated parking spot, there's very little chance of finding a spot anywhere near your house and you usually have to search for a good half an hour to find anything . Believe me I know. 

And as she pointed out, it's something she's had everywhere she lived so it doesn't seem like they're hard to come by. I wouldn't want to be driving around looking for parking in a Chicago winter either.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

My wife is out of town for the weekend. I won't get to watch until she gets back on Sunday. And then it'll be a matter of playing catch-up on a number of shows.

That was me last week. I still haven't caught up on everything. Was off with a friend at the end of the week and still playing catch up on shows. LOL

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Even where I live parking can be a nightmare if you live in an apartment. Most do not have places for guest parking. They give you one spot that is your's (at no charge luckily) and then IF they have ones out of a carport its a first come first service. The last place we lived was strict about things too. If you didn't have your sticker in the window you risked getting towed. The streets by most either have limited spots all day that open up or none at all because its not a place for parking at all. 

58 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I'm one of those that rather see less drama or drama that is real and not the crap "reality" shows try to shove down our throats. 

I am so not a dog person. I can't stand when people have big dogs in apartments. Its just not the place for them at all. No offense to those that might have ones in that situation. I have just seen so much crap because of that over my years. Even small ones don't belong in those places if you don't teach them how to keep quiet. Dealt with what we called "Freakshows" in an apartment next to us. Horrible people with horrible dogs. One barked all day long and night if no one was there and the other was just a scary dog no matter what. 

51 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

What was Ashley wearing during the move-in? Hot pink tights?  Is this 1985?

She was wearing workout clothes. Many of them have bright colors nowadays in sections like that or patterns. Sadly every once in awhile the neon sneaks back in here and there. 

9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Yep see it every episode too. Surprised but seems like they are desperate because the past ones were getting married during the time the show was on the air. Guess this time its not working the way they were hoping so push it on the tv screen to see what they can catch that way...good luck finding people watching it unless they are desperate or want 15 mins of fame from getting married to a stranger. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I haven't watched it; it's DVR'd though & I hope to get to it later or tomorrow.

I'm enjoying this season the most for lack of drama as well. I still think a lot of Sheila's stuff is production driven mostly because of lack of drama, so they think they need it somewhere. But I didn't like her honeymoon sourpuss at all.

Sheila's mouth & face contortions are very distracting. I wonder if it's her thing or she's just nervous with the cameras.

I'm thinking they haven't had to create much with Danielle & Cody because they're just not a good match. Still, I don't even see much natural drama there, just awkwardness that is difficult to watch at times.

I'm not a city person but can totally understand why someone would want a parking space.

I don't like shoes in the kitchen; very unsanitary. But then we don't wear shoes in the house at all. They are left in closets or on a shoe stacker by the door in the laundry room. Who knows what's getting tracked in the house on shoe bottoms; blech. I get there might be lack of storage space but there are better ideas.

As far as pets, I love them, but NICE ones only. However, my son is very allergic & over time I've become allergic to dogs & cats (sadly), so I'm sensitive to it for people. We have a 'hypo' dog with hair, not fur, which is much better. But I would hope this show has a box to tick off for 'allergies' & that they'd honor that since it's a health risk.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
(edited)

Snarking is too much work this season...

Let's stroll down memory lane...Last season.... it was like shooting fish in a barrel....

Tom's beach bus

Nick's tacky logo merch

Sonia and Nick not owning up to having sex...together...until pressed by Pastor Cal

Derek and the alleged wacky tobaccy

Heather calling it quits upon return from the honeymoon....

good times....

Edited by humbleopinion
Clarity
  • Love 11

I don't see Sheila as acting out.  Nate's a bit of a dick.  On the honeymoon, he's the one that said he didn't want to be married to her - without the cameras on. Tonight, he was the one who wanted to spend $$ on a rent and she wanted to be more frugal.  I don't see that as her acting out at all, but rather, being smart.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Ha, I have some cousins who live in Boston.  Hmmmm... Hmm... I mean, I can barely understand them when they speak, so they are perfect for the show, right?

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, hatchetgirl said:

I don't see Sheila as acting out.  Nate's a bit of a dick.  On the honeymoon, he's the one that said he didn't want to be married to her - without the cameras on. Tonight, he was the one who wanted to spend $$ on a rent and she wanted to be more frugal.  I don't see that as her acting out at all, but rather, being smart.  

I like that she reminded him that there's debt to pay down and what's not.   Nate seems to have a spend, spend, spend, philosophy, while Sheila seem to be more about budgeting and saving and not living beyond your means.  Nate seems more mellow than before, but he seems to be more flash than substance for the most part.   I am all about living debt free and not being house poor.  

• Love 5

So I fell asleep while watching last night and will have to catch up tonight (although I woke up in time to watch Second Chances and NO ONE is commenting over there) .

Sheila doesn't need matchmakers.  She needs a good therapist. She freaks out and loses her shit over Nate's comment (which was shitty) and then goes on and on about how it reminds her of past relationship breakdowns, etc.  Nate suggests they pray and suddenly the sun is out again and all is well?  Is Sheila on meds?  Should she be?  I believe in prayer too but I may have gotten a case of whiplash from that quick turnaround. 

I liked Cody in the beginning and not so much Danielle.  Now I like Danielle more and I'm giving Cody the side eye.  Why did he get married?  Did he think he needed to marry before having sex?  It's just all so weird to me. 

• Love 8

I also enjoy less drama and really liked this episode.  

My favorite moments:  Nate and Sheila praying together.  Nate was clearly at a loss as to how to comfort Sheila and it seemed very genuine to me that he reached out to her to pray instead of continuing to argue or criticizing her for the way she was feeling.  That seemed a true reflection of who he is and I think Sheila saw it too. I also liked how Sheila went out of her way to make Tyrique comfortable.  Family seems important to both of them and I loved that.  

Ashley and Anthony seem like a good match.  There may be drama ahead but they seem to be looking out for each other's best interest.  The family stuff is hard to navigate when you are close to a sibling and have always told them everything (previews)  Some guys are not a fan of "girl talk", but I always say the guys come and go - girlfriends are forever.

Continue to feel sorry for Danielle.  Cody is a nice kid, but he's got a lot of livin' to do before he's ready for marriage.  

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Sheila's mouth movements while talking are very annoying. 

Annoying is right!

Starting to think Cody's behavior resembles Basement Ryan"s and Danielle's behavior resembles Jaclyn's.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 2

Sigh. You know, I'm all for the representation of different ethnicities on the show. A variety of cultures, religious beliefs, upbringings, etc., make the show more interesting to me.

But if what we suspect is true, that after initial screenings the pool of TV-ready, acceptable applicants is pretty small, then maybe the experts shouldn't match minority couples just because they want the show to be "diverse."

I don't pretend to see inside their minds (and there have been plenty of disastrous Caucasian pairings), but the show has really done badly by its African-American couples.

• Love 7