My evolving feelings on Minnick:

large.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

tumblr_obwtj1QOgb1s485rwo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Miss you like a front tooth, toots.

Minnick thought she was so clever, trying to sandbag Richard for her own mistake.  It reminds me of the old saying, never bring a knife to a gunfight, or in this instance, throwing a rock at a Jedi.  It's never going to end well.....

Light-Saber.gif

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, F. M. said:

It will be interesting to see how Megan reacts to Riggs and Owen. 

I'm also sorry to see Stephanie go, but Minnick, not at all. !

I love Jackson, but I find Maggie selfish, look how she treated Mer,when she mentioned  Riggs.

Love Alex,,I wish he could find someone who isn't Jo.

How is Maggie selfish again? Was it when Meredith repeatedly lied to her face about her relationship with McKiwi when Maggie divulged almost daily about her crush on him? Or was it when Maggie who was constantly there for Meredith and bratty Amelia needed comfort after her mother passed?

• Love 3

Maggie treats Jackson like her little brother.  I see no chemistry there whatsoever.  Jackson needs to get back with April, if he has to be paired with anyone.

I liked that Meredith and Riggs were understanding with each other and mature about the situation.  Meredith truly seemed happy for him, which was nice.  

The dead body had to be the rapist; there really isn't any other choice.  It was obvious where they were and that it had to be him.

So glad Minnick is gone!!!!   Now, she better be gone for good.

Stephanie - and the actress that portrays her - were excellent in this episode.  I'm very happy that she didn't die, but was able to make up her own mind.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, lavenderrose said:

How is Maggie selfish again? Was it when Meredith repeatedly lied to her face about her relationship with McKiwi when Maggie divulged almost daily about her crush on him? Or was it when Maggie who was constantly there for Meredith and bratty Amelia needed comfort after her mother passed?

Ma Shepherd died?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

If I remember correctly the foundation is the majority owner.

Not to split hairs, but IIRC (and this is suspect, LOL), each share has equal vote.  It's not like a corporation where shares were doled out based on % participation to the buy-in.  An interesting question tho.  I calculate it like this:  Meridith = 3 (Hers, Derrick's Lexies); Arizona = 1; Callie = 1 (Derrick); Richard = 1; Foundation = 1 (Avery Foundation); Alex (??? didn't Christina leave her share to him???) = 1.

I HATE that Katherine Avery, who is such a haughty know-it-all, is written to act that way.  I like her character, but it's ridiculous the power they give her.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

The dead body had to be the rapist; there really isn't any other choice.  It was obvious where they were and that it had to be him.

I really don't know why there was confusion about that.

2 minutes ago, jschoolgirl said:

Ma Shepherd died?

Maggie's mother.

"Or was it when Maggie -- who was constantly there for Meredith and bratty Amelia -- needed comfort after her mother passed?"

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Blonde Gator said:

Not to split hairs, but IIRC (and this is suspect, LOL), each share has equal vote.  It's not like a corporation where shares were doled out based on % participation to the buy-in.  An interesting question tho.  I calculate it like this:  Meridith = 3 (Hers, Derrick's Lexies); Arizona = 1; Callie = 1 (Derrick); Richard = 1; Foundation = 1 (Avery Foundation); Alex (??? didn't Christina leave her share to him???) = 1.

I HATE that Katherine Avery, who is such a haughty know-it-all, is written to act that way.  I like her character, but it's ridiculous the power they give her.

Callie said in one episode that the Avery vote counts as a vote and a half. (Why, I have no idea). And the others were pissed that Jackson had veto power over them, although he doesn't exercise it. So, there seems to be some unequal voting power there, but it's been portrayed very confusingly.

• Love 3

Also when the group was trying to buy the hospital and then Catherine came in and basically paid the rest of the money that the group from the plane couldn't, she had brought Jackson to the meeting and then said to him, "I bought you a hospital", so..in that case, his vote should count more than hers, but knowing the family and what Jackson has said about her, "she bought him a hospital" so she trumps all. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Blonde Gator said:

I think you mean that Callie has Mark's?  Not Derrick's.  

I'm not sure it was ever fully disclosed just how much extra money they needed from the Foundation to buy the hospital.  Their plane crash settlement was not enough though, IIRC.  So maybe the Foundation really did kick in an amount great enough to give it more shares and more votes?

• Love 1
(edited)

OK, I looked up the transcripts because I clearly have no life. The four shares of the survivors totaled $60 million- we don't know if they decided to contribute Lexie and Mark's shares, too. Webber added $3 million to the pot. And the Avery Foundation stumped up $175 million. So, there you go.

Edited by flickers
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, MV007 said:

I also thought The actor who plays Riggs gave a great performance in that scene where he first finds out she's alive and even when he's on cloud nine he was great.  It seemed real to me.  As opposed to Hunt's reaction which seemed to be all about him and I can't even tell if he wants her to be alive.

I have never been a consistent viewer so I may be misinterpreting things, but I really don’t understand the initial reactions to the news about Hunt’s sister.  Why was everybody acting so tragic?  I mean, I get that it was a shock, but, all I got from Hunt’s overly-dramatic camera angles and aphasia was annoyed.  Ditto for Riggs and the oxygen.  I was like, GEEZ!  Isn’t anybody happy that this poor woman is alive?  I was so relieved when Riggs finally showed some elation there at the end.

As for things I did get?  Well, this episode made it abundantly clear how badly misused and underutilized Jerrika Hinton was during her time on this show.  I hope she goes on to do bigger and much better things.  I also thought Stephanie had a good send-off, although I thought the episode would have been much better if they had split the time between Stephanie and the girl’s survival drama and somebody calling CPS on the neglectful parents (esp. the father) that brought one kid in because she was choking on a penny and let their other kid wander off to get taken hostage by a rapist.

And you can add me to the Just Say NOPE crowd when it comes to a Jackson/Maggie pairing.  I generally find Jackson pretty lackluster, and Maggie too often veers into puerile girlishness.  I don’t’ want to see them drift into endless episodes of Saved By The Bell.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Like 2
  • Love 5

I don't "hate" Maggie but the writers really do need to have her grow up.  Right now, I consider her to be annoying, like a stone in my shoe.

And honestly, I don't know what it is that Shonda finds so appealing about actors who lisp.  I'm talking about Maggie, Jackson and Meredith.  I can't think of any other show that actors with speech impediments like that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think you mean that Callie has Mark's?  Not Derrick's.  

I'm not sure it was ever fully disclosed just how much extra money they needed from the Foundation to buy the hospital.  Their plane crash settlement was not enough though, IIRC.  So maybe the Foundation really did kick in an amount great enough to give it more shares and more votes?

Exactly, sorry.  I think the group of Dr's had about $100 million, and they needed at least that much to close.

4 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

And honestly, I don't know what it is that Shonda finds so appealing about actors who lisp.  I'm talking about Maggie, Jackson and Meredith.  I can't think of any other show that actors with speech impediments like that. 

Speech impediments?  They all sound fine to me.  Am I the only one who doesn't notice?  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Speech impediments?  They all sound fine to me.  Am I the only one who doesn't notice?  

I've never noticed Jesse Williams to have a lisp. Ellen Pompeo had a fairly noticeable one in the early seasons; I don't know if it's lessened over the years or if I've just tuned it out. Some people say they still hear it. Kelly McCreary has a very obvious lisp.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

I've never noticed Jesse Williams to have a lisp.

It comes out whenever he fights with April about Jethuth.

Edited by flickers
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lavenderrose said:

I just find Maggie selfish. I have no need to explain why.

50 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't notice them at all 

1 hour ago, jschoolgirl said:

Ma Shepherd died?

Yes, I didnt care for the way Maggie reacted. For  a doctor, she doesn't listen very well.

• Love 6

I think The Reactions of Owen and Nathan are shock and guilt. It's been over ten years and now they're hearing she's alive and she was captured and tortured and they probably feel like they stopped looking and left her there and moved on. And how could they do that?

Aside from that like I said the most I liked Mer and Riggs was that moment when he spun her around and Mer was like "go see her!" That melted me. It was a good moment. It was a really good moment.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

As opposed to Hunt's reaction which seemed to be all about him and I can't even tell if he wants her to be alive.

Seriously.  I seem to have more tolerance for Hunt than many people do, but GET OUT OF YOUR OWN FREAKING HEAD, OWEN!  You thought she was dead.  Who wouldn't have, given the circumstances?  Put on your big boy pants, show her how happy you are that she's alive, and give her whatever help she needs in readjusting to life.  

• Love 7

Remember when they were saying that the reason we hadn't seen much of Jo was because the actress was busy pre-filming scenes for the last 2 episodes?  Um, did I miss every.single.one of her scenes?  Was Jo in this at all?  I'm not emotionally invested in Jo, I just think it is strange that this was the official line and then it completely fizzled out.

Also, what was Alex's big decision?  Because, as far as I could tell, he just stood there for the 2 minutes he was on screen.

Anyhoo, I kind of went into this episode willing to forgive a lot of stuff because I know a new showrunner is coming up next season (which I think is a very good thing!)  Because of that, I'm not really sure what to think.  What I do think is that a lot of time in this episode was spent spinning wheels.  I would have preferred much less time spent during the actual fire and more time spent with the characters afterwards.  I mean, yes, some things needed to happen during the fire, but a lot of it was Stephanie Maguyvering and screaming, and I think what she did and had to say after it was all done was far more crucial to the story.

Sigh...it does look like they are gearing up for an April/Jackson/Maggie triangle.  Ugh.  I can do with Jackson/April or Jackson/Maggie, but I don't see this triangle being anything more than a melodramatic ploy.  Honestly, this show has made it 13 seasons with *limited* things like this. Yes, we had Addison/Derek/Meredith (plus McSteamy) and some smaller weirder things (involving George.....because, really?), but mostly they've left that out of the equation, which I think has been a good thing.  Now, I will say that April's part of that whole situation in this episode was one hell of a handwave, which drives me crazy (new showrunner coming, new showrunner coming....)

Also, I'm not entirely sure that we've seen the last of Minnick.  Again, a new showrunner may come in and decide to just axe that as it wasn't popular with viewers.  However, the way it was left here, things are still up in the air with Arizona and, well, there is still open business there.  I will say, though, that I never loved Bailey than I did in the scene where she fired Minnick.

So...not what I would normally consider a successful episode, much less a season finale, but it ended this terrible season, so that is something.

• Love 7

He conquered his fear of fire and ends up becoming a firefighter?  Has he done that already?  I don't know, my history on Ben is spotty.

No, Ben has never been a firefighter. He was an anesthesiologist.

The burned-beyond-recognition body they found was the rapist, of course. Perhaps some folks did not watch last week's episode.

I think Mer was truly happy for Riggs that his fiancée is alive (she's not his ex-wife, as someone posted much further back). And maybe even a teeny tiny bit relieved. She was so resistant about getting into a committed relationship and even though she was beginning to come around to the concept, now she's off the hook! At least for the time being; this is a soap opera after all, and it won't be long before another potential love interest appears for her.  But with regard to that particular scene, when Riggs rushes off, I thought that was fairly well done. And also - kudos to Meredith for directly and clearly telling Riggs the big news. No hemming and hawing, no waiting, just clearly and calmly said it. I always, always appreciate when characters on soapy dramas actually communicate in a rational manner. It eliminates the chance for misunderstandings, crossed wires, etc.

WTH with Owen's catatonia regarding his sister's reappearance? Of course he's stunned - she has virtually risen from the dead and yes, that is mind-boggling. But why not even one split second of positivity? Even the hint of a smile on his lips - or his eyes welling up with tears - just SOMETHING to show that her being alive is a GOOD thing. Unless it's not? Is Megan harboring some harmful info that may now be divulged? I'm not sure I even care.

Meredith's, Maggie's, and Jackson's lisps are so noticeable to me that I do sometimes mute their scenes. It is not their fault, of course - but it is akin to nails on a chalkboard sometimes.

Minnick is a monster, pure and simple - what a wretched individual. If someone else had "forgotten" to alert the firefighters that Stephanie was missing, Minnick would have ripped that person a new one. But when she makes that almost-deadly blunder? She deflects it onto Richard. Horrible.

Hey, maybe April's pregnant again! The liaison she and Jackson had out in Montana or wherever it was has never been mentioned...but perhaps it'll have repercussions?

As another poster mentioned, nothing really happened this season, which is a shame. There was some good meat on the bone for some good stories, yet we got a whole lot of nothing.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

I have never been a consistent viewer so I may be misinterpreting things, but I really don’t understand the initial reactions to the news about Hunt’s sister.  Why was everybody acting so tragic?  I mean, I get that it was a shock, but, all I got from Hunt’s overly-dramatic camera angles and aphasia was annoyed.  Ditto for Riggs and the oxygen.  I was like, GEEZ!  Isn’t anybody happy that this poor woman is alive?  I was so relieved when Riggs finally showed some elation there at the end.

I thought Riggs initial reaction was one of disbelief and shock.  And once he realized it was really happening he became happy.  On the other hand, I can buy Hunt's initial reaction as shock but then he goes into this self-blame thing and there was never really a moment where I remember him being happy she's alive.  At least not in any way beyond being cursory.  And honestly, it didn't really jump out of me until we saw Riggs and I started to think to myself, why the eff was Hunt not happier?

Edited by MV007
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I will say, though, that I never loved Bailey than I did in the scene where she fired Minnick.

Same here! I wonder how it'll affect Arizona.. she looked suprised but not really sad..

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Thank you for not killing Stephanie. She had a good sendoff.

And super duper mega thank you for firing Minnick!

Right! Stephanie was one of the few characters for the past couple years who hasn't annoyed me. I always liked that she was consistently smart and aggressive and capable. (mostly) I was actually on the edge of my seat every time she put her self in harms way! Dude! She was a rock star!

Personally I didn't care whether TPTB were going with Mere being preggers with Nathan's baby (I mean- the fact they have given her 3 goddamn children still bothers me so why not one more neglected child?) but I did kind of love her saying-- "Go! If it was Derek I'd already be gone!"  I was like-- ahhhh.

So the crispy critter in the miraculously fire-free room where Stephanie and the little girl were just moments before was rapist dude? How come when Steph woke up he wasn't laying there? Shrug.

At first I was like-- who's Minnick? Haha! So many characters I don't even bother to learn their names.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, MV007 said:

I thought Riggs initial reaction was one of disbelief and shock.  And once he realized it was really happening he became happy.  On the other hand, I can buy Hunt's initial reaction as shock but then he goes into this self-blame thing and there was never really a moment where I remember him being happy she's alive.  At least not in any way beyond being cursory.  And honestly, it didn't really jump out of me until we saw Riggs and I started to think to myself, why the eff was Hunt not happier?

I wonder if there's an element of guilt... for both of them.  It's been ten years.  They've moved on, had lives, felt happiness.... while she suffered.  

And anyone else wonder if, after 10 years a prisoner who was most likely raped, if she has a kid?

• Love 6

Callie said in one episode that the Avery vote counts as a vote and a half. (Why, I have no idea). And the others were pissed that Jackson had veto power over them, although he doesn't exercise it. So, there seems to be some unequal voting power there, but it's been portrayed very confusingly.

Way back when they were scrambling to cough up the money to buy the hospital, the Avery Foundation came to the rescue and at that time there was some dialogue about the Foundation being the majority owner and having the final say. But I agree the whole situation is not clearly defined.  

As others have said, there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason for Maggie and Jackson to be together.  Has Maggie ever treated Jackson well? She yells, blames, complains, and nags. She's reasonably attractive. But no more than the other women he sees every day. Maybe she's supposed to be smarter. But, the others are brilliant, accomplished, and have at least slightly better people skills.

I agree this seems completely random and nothing seemed to lead up to it. It just feels like the writers trying to pair off anyone who's single. 

The problem with Maggie and Jackson is that Maggie is the worst. She's annoying as Fuck and has no chemistry with anyone.

My problem with Maggie is that she seems extremely immature for the type of character she's supposed to be. Even more so than a lot of the others with the possible exception of April who generally acts like she's about 10. I think Kelly McCreary would have been a fine addition to the cast if she were playing someone else, like one of the interns. I just don't buy her as some kind of world-class,  renowned cardio prodigy. 

Remember when a GA finale ended and you were like "ahh, I can't believe I have to wait three months?" This one. Not so much. I could care less about anything that happens because it seems like we did waste a whole season of nothingness. 

Yeah the lack of cliff-hanger was a surprise. I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. I worry we're not done with Minnick too. Watch she'll sue or something and they'll be forced to hire her back.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

One thing that bothered me throughout the episode: the firefighters knew where the blast came from, yet none of them could find their way there until Ben showed them, like, a hundred years after the fact.  I mean, I know it was to make Stephanie extra-heroic (which she was, and I'm glad she lived!), but I was incredulous.  They should have been there before Stephanie even regained consciousness.

The slo-mo, fuzzy fugue state Owen kept slipping into was driving me crazy.  I've never liked him, and his self-centered reaction about Megan being alive...

87cd6530-5363-0132-0b40-0eae5eefacd9.gif

• Love 10

Have to give a shout out to April in the parking lot:  "Check EVERYONE for smoke inhalation!".  Looks like she really did learn that lesson!  Also, do the writers really have to force these characters to act like teenagers and keep the hospital as their only dating hunting grounds?  Let's broaden our horizons here, people!  I'm jumping on the happy wagon regarding "Men? Ick!" being fired.  Finally.  Let her slink away quietly and be quickly forgotten.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I don't "hate" Maggie but the writers really do need to have her grow up.  Right now, I consider her to be annoying, like a stone in my shoe.

The main thing with Maggie is that she seems socially awkward. Based on what we have seen of her background, she was a very bright child, she was an only child and I'm guessing somewhat sheltered by her parents. She probably didn't have a lot of social interactions with people her age group. She seems like a warm person, probably because of how she was raised by Mrs Pierce, who seemed very warm and motherly. She jumped in without question to help take care of Meredith's family and she has a sisterly relationship with Amelia (and immediately clicked with Derek). As a doctor, she seems competent. If she had a bit more maturity, she wouldn't be so damn annoying. 

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, MV007 said:

I loved his "That's not funny".  The first time, because of his shock at Meridith's statement, the second time as it was slowly starting to sink in.  And then the freak-out, needing more oxygen.  I've always been fond of Riggs, because he's a good looking guy who is also just a really NICE guy.  The actor who plays him knocked it out of the park for me with this scene.  Plus, he drives as fast as I do!

• Love 14

I thought this was a pretty good finale. I would have liked to see more of Alex, but it is a large cast so they can't feature everyone. I'm not a fan of Maggie and Jackson getting together. They are not in any way related so no ick factor as far as I'm concerned (when I think of an ick factor among step siblings I think of The Brady Bunch were the children were raised together as brothers and sisters). I just think Maggie and Jackson have shown zero interest in each other so far and Maggie was just talking about her crush on Riggs, so no. I like the character of Maggie sometimes but I have always had trouble buying her as a seasoned cardio surgeon-she just seems to immature.  Stephanie's scenes were very good and I was happy to see her alive.

I'm sure Owen is happy his sister is alive-he and Amelia made immediate arrangements to see her. But people show shock in different ways. It makes sense that you would be happy to see a sibling that you spent many years thinking is dead-but I think you would be very shocked at first and maybe not even really believe it? I also think Owen is afraid of what kind of things Megan has endured, if she will be the same etc. He and Riggs both need to sort things out. I expect Meredith and RIggs will end up together despite Megan's appearance, and I hope Jackson and April do as well-they have been fighting lately, but I think they make a good couple overall.

Finally-So happy to see the possibility of Minnick being fired-she is an awful person. 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I wonder if there's an element of guilt... for both of them.  It's been ten years.  They've moved on, had lives, felt happiness.... while she suffered.  

And anyone else wonder if, after 10 years a prisoner who was most likely raped, if she has a kid?

I'm sure there is and I have no problem with them exploring that.  My only issue is when it's all encompassing as it appears to be with Hunt.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, NUguy514 said:

One thing that bothered me throughout the episode: the firefighters knew where the blast came from, yet none of them could find their way there until Ben showed them, like, a hundred years after the fact.

I guess with all the hubbub of getting people out of the building to safety the firefighters seemed to have overlooked the need to, I don't know, maybe get to the fire and try to put the damn thing out. Fortunately for everyone, they were dealing with one of those rare Contrivance Fires that extinguish themselves after a fixed period of time.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

The main thing with Maggie is that she seems socially awkward. Based on what we have seen of her background, she was a very bright child, she was an only child and I'm guessing somewhat sheltered by her parents. She probably didn't have a lot of social interactions with people her age group. She seems like a warm person, probably because of how she was raised by Mrs Pierce, who seemed very warm and motherly. She jumped in without question to help take care of Meredith's family and she has a sisterly relationship with Amelia (and immediately clicked with Derek). As a doctor, she seems competent. If she had a bit more maturity, she wouldn't be so damn annoying. 

And let's try the Jackson substitution.  Dittos on bright, only child, sheltered by mom & granddad.  Limited social interactions w/own age group.  High expectations (for a different reason than Maggie).  Dominating mother instead of a warm encouraging one....so wanting to go his own way.  Driven not by his name, but to prove to his family he can be a superstar DESPITE his name.

So, IMO, Maggie and Jackson are quite similar, only Maggie hasn't had the benefit of a really good mentor, as Mark turned into for Jackson.

I would really kind of dig a really deep sibling type of friendship for these two.  I think it would do a lot for BOTH their characters, Jackson could make Maggie grow up and act her age, and Maggie could erase some of Jackson's taciturn perpetual case of the grumpies.   Kind of like Alex & Mer, but with a deep sibling connection, so different, too.   There's lots of material to explore with a deep sibling-type relationship with those two.  I'd applaud it.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

I guess with all the hubbub of getting people out of the building to safety the firefighters seemed to have overlooked the need to, I don't know, maybe get to the fire and try to put the damn thing out. Fortunately for everyone, they were dealing with one of those rare Contrivance Fires that extinguish themselves after a fixed period of time.

Literally did a spit take on this one. "Contrivance fire"!!!!! Hahahahahaha Made my whole day!!!

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Blonde Gator said:

And let's try the Jackson substitution.  Dittos on bright, only child, sheltered by mom & granddad.  Limited social interactions w/own age group.  High expectations (for a different reason than Maggie).  Dominating mother instead of a warm encouraging one....so wanting to go his own way.  Driven not by his name, but to prove to his family he can be a superstar DESPITE his name.

So, IMO, Maggie and Jackson are quite similar, only Maggie hasn't had the benefit of a really good mentor, as Mark turned into for Jackson.

I would really kind of dig a really deep sibling type of friendship for these two.  I think it would do a lot for BOTH their characters, Jackson could make Maggie grow up and act her age, and Maggie could erase some of Jackson's taciturn perpetual case of the grumpies.   Kind of like Alex & Mer, but with a deep sibling connection, so different, too.   There's lots of material to explore with a deep sibling-type relationship with those two.  I'd applaud it.

Yeah, no. They gonna bang.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Huh, it seems I'm frequently of a minority opinion.  I like Maggie, always have.  In fact I think some of the negative response to her made me feel more inclined to her almost protectively.  I'm not saying I've never been annoyed by her, but that is true of literally every character on this show, even Cristina whom I consider to be near perfection.    

And I liked Japril.  They were totally my 'ship and I cheered when they ran out of that church together even as I acknowledged how shitty it was to Stephanie and the boring-ass Dudley-Do-Right groom (he was nice, but zzzzzzzzzzzz).  However, I was over them by the time April was refusing to allow Jackson to leave her.   So I have no interest in them returning to romantic status.  I genuinely enjoy them still as co-parents.  And I genuinely enjoy April as a character more when she is away from Jackson.  I feel her character suffered more in service to their relationship.

I didn't necessarily want Jackson and Maggie as a couple.  But I have liked the development of their relationship as friends and I have seen some signs over the last handful of episodes.  So I like this development.  I also like that it isn't all moony and schmoopy (though I guess it could be next season).  It was an extreme circumstance and an a reaction to that circumstance that brought it to April's attention.  And I like that April was a mature adult about it.  I'm willing to watch this play out.  

As for the main plot, way to go Stephanie and yay please go Minnick.  Stephanie was awesome and I'm so pleased she made a decision for herself that fits her story.   And while I've been less annoyed by Minnick than many, I have not enjoyed her story or her character.  And her bullshit blaming Webber for Stephanie being a work instead of being properly abashed that SHE FORGOT TO MENTION A MISSING HUMAN BEING because she felt treating people was the only priority and she couldn't take 2 seconds to say to a cop "a doctor is missing, hasn't been seen by anyone since the lockdown started, and is likely somewhere in that burning building." Don't let the door hit you in the ass, bitch. 

I like Maggie but I can see how she would be annoying and is she neurotic...the thing is on this show...can she really be more annoying that April, Owen, Minnick OR JO...

Alex has gotten the shaft this season

Edited by dmc
  • Love 3

Minnick getting the boot is hands down my favorite part of the episode. When she admitted that she forgot to tell the police that Stephanie was missing I was legit yelling at the tv.  Thank goodness it was the catalyst to Bailey figuring out Richard's value and finally doing the right thing for everyone. I hope that's the last we see of Minnick. She's more robotic than Vicky from Small Wonder (yes, I just dated myself). With this, the firefighters present and knowing about the new spinoff, I was hoping we'd see the female firefighter from a couple seasons ago that Arizona asked out after putting stitches in her butt. That is a couple I could get behind. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

One thing that bothered me throughout the episode: the firefighters knew where the blast came from, yet none of them could find their way there until Ben showed them, like, a hundred years after the fact.  I mean, I know it was to make Stephanie extra-heroic (which she was, and I'm glad she lived!), but I was incredulous.  They should have been there before Stephanie even regained consciousness.

Except that there were already firefighters there before Ben and his team got there, weren't they?  The fire was already out when they got there, and then someone said they found a body.  They were all just really, really slow.  

And how did they get the fire out, anyway?  No sprinklers, and the firefighters were mostly just standing around, looking at maps...

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Does everyone in this hospital just have to sleep with everyone or? Hate the fact all the relationships are in-hospital

Honestly, did't feel like it was season finale, because it was such a strange season

Not only are the relationships in hospital, they are only with other surgeons. It's always annoyed me, but it's very glaring since ER has been on the POP channel and you can see the dynamics with other people who work in a hospital.

I was worried when Stephanie went back to get her badge and the little girl was watching for her,  that the rapist somehow survived and was going to emerge from the smoke. 

• Love 2