Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E24: Ring Of Fire

• Start Topic

(edited)

Glad they didn't kill off Stephanie, and that Minnick is gone. I liked the way Meredith handled the situation with Riggs (?). Hated seeing Maggie all shmoopy over Jackson, who seemed to be the only person concerned about Stephanie, although April also handled that well (talking to Maggie). It would be nice to see them develop relationships outside of their circle. 

The dead person was the rapist. The one that Stephanie set fire to. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 5

Bye Minnick I won't miss you. But Stephaine I actually will.

Hes. I love that JC got his ten seconds of "oh yeah we pay this guy to be on this show so here's a 2 second screen moment".

The most I've ever liked Meredith and Riggs was the scene in which Riggs happily cheered with her about Megan and she told him to go see her. Not good for them romantic wise.

What an odd season this was. It was boring and slow and just there. This show needs to end. I get that maybe Shonda is a little nostalgic because greys was her flagship show, but obviously she no longer needs it. ABC will pick up most of her shows-maybe not all but a lot- even if her name is just attached to it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This show needs to end.

It should've ended with the dance party at the Dream House. (Was that season 11 or 12?) Someone here speculated that it was to be the series finale if the subsequent season wasn't picked up.

• Love 3

I figured they were building toward Jackson and Maggie with all their scenes lately, but doesn't it seem like they're completely lacking any sort of flirty/sexual vibe?  I'd think if they were really planning to go there, which they seem to be, why make them seem so platonic or brother/sister in their interactions? Odd choice.

• Like 2
  • Love 22

I'm not sure how I feel about Maggie and Jackson. Idk. Kinda makes me feel like ick. There was no indication that there were feelings before. So it kinds feels out the blue. It all makes Maggie look desperate for attention. First Deluca, Riggs, and now Jackson has gotten in her sight. It's like they don't know what to do with her in the romance department. 

Poor Jolex fans. They really have gotten nothing this season. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

I mean, really, when you think about it, absolutely nothing happened. Everyone is in almost the exact same place they were last season finale. Meredith and Riggs are still, technically, in "will they or won't they" mode with the Megan stuff. Nothing came of Alex beating the crap out of DeLuca and nothing came of the Jo being married thing. Owen and Amelia got married and then immediately had almost nothing to do with each other for nearly the entire season. (Granted, these last two things were partially the result of the actresses' pregnancies, but still.) Bailey is still an incompetent chief. Maggie started and ended the season whining about Riggs. Jackson and April have their baby and that's all. Nothing. Nothing happened to anyone!

Yup. You hit the nail on the head. There were so many plots and episodes that were so slowly paced and building to nothing. I hated the Maggie Riggs Mer triangle because like most of us predicated Megan was going to be alive, so there was no point. Also.. why couldn't the conflict have been Meredith just wasn't ready? 

Also the slow slow slow build to Alex and Jo and the husband, nothing? Really.

• Love 10

I wonder why they cut the Alex / Jo scenes from tonight. The press release noted that Alex made a decision regarding his relationship with Jo and there were photos of an Alex / Arizona scene...

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

I mean, really, when you think about it, absolutely nothing happened. Everyone is in almost the exact same place they were last season finale. Meredith and Riggs are still, technically, in "will they or won't they" mode with the Megan stuff. Nothing came of Alex beating the crap out of DeLuca and nothing came of the Jo being married thing. Owen and Amelia got married and then immediately had almost nothing to do with each other for nearly the entire season. (Granted, these last two things were partially the result of the actresses' pregnancies, but still.) Bailey is still an incompetent chief. Maggie started and ended the season whining about Riggs. Jackson and April have their baby and that's all. Nothing. Nothing happened to anyone!

You are so right. I can name on one hand the episodes that I can even remember this year and that's because most were so boring. You can recap the entire season ina few sentences. Meredith and Riggs were weird but finally got together. Maggie was whiny about everything and her mom died. Amelia was a flake because she was scared of having kids so Owen was mad. Jo and Alex didn't interact much because of Jo's ex-husband that we barely saw. April and Jackson are good parents and friends, and had sex once. Arizona started dating a bitchy girl who messed up Webber's career. Stephanie was hardly shown and then quit. That was the entire season. I think it was the worst one ever.

• Love 12

I'm not against Maggie and Jackson exactly. It just feels like a relationship that popped up because there's no one else for them to be with in the hospital. I kind of found it hilarious that in an episode where Jackson ran around and risked his life for his ex-girlfriend, it was a dead giveaway to April that he's into Maggie. 

I'm going to assume that since nothing happened, Alex's big decision about Jo was to do nothing about her. I'm on board. 

And to whoever said the end was the best scene of the Mer/Riggs relationship, amen. It was really endearing exchange for both of them. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

I mean, really, when you think about it, absolutely nothing happened. Everyone is in almost the exact same place they were last season finale.

Yes, that's it exactly.  I was thinking to myself that this season has been meandering, just adrift, but really it just took a lap and ended up where we were.  Indeed, while I really enjoyed this season, I can't really point to an episode that I'll remember.

Despite that, I still enjoy watching this show every week and spending time with these characters.  So, I don't agree that this show needs to end or should have ended earlier. I'm happy that Shonda has enough power within the network that I know that the show will get to write its own ending whenever that may be.  

I'm looking forward to next season.   

Two questions:

1.  When did the idea that Meredith was pregnant take hold? Was there some spoiler/speculation that was going to happen?
2,  Do we have any independent confirmation that Minnick is well and truly gone outside of what we saw on the episode?  On the one hand, the character was so poorly written and introduced, that she never really had a fair shot (and the actress just wasn't up to the task).  On the other, thank goodness (I hope) that TPTB saw that it wasn't working and course-corrected here in the finale.

• Love 4
Just now, pennben said:

1.  When did the idea that Meredith was pregnant take hold? Was there some spoiler/speculation that was going to happen?

From what I can tell it was just based on the previews showing Riggs and Meredith looking all ecstatic as he twirled her around.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, CookieChica said:

I kind of found it hilarious that in an episode where Jackson ran around and risked his life for his ex-girlfriend, it was a dead giveaway to April that he's into Maggie. 

The last time April encouraged another woman to date Jackson, it didn't end well. Even though Maggie wasn't at the wedding or working at the hospital when Jackson humiliated Stephanie at April's wedding, if she's heard the story, that should give her pause. April isn't going away. Divorce aside, Jackson is likely still more into April, his best friend and the mother of his child, than Nathan was into Meredith. 

As others have said, there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason for Maggie and Jackson to be together.  Has Maggie ever treated Jackson well? She yells, blames, complains, and nags. She's reasonably attractive. But no more than the other women he sees every day. Maybe she's supposed to be smarter. But, the others are brilliant, accomplished, and have at least slightly better people skills. Maggie should find a guy who doesn't live with his ex-wife. If Jackson is every actually available for someone other than April, he might want to find someone who treats him well and with whom he is spritually compatible. 

Edited by RaeSpellman
  • Love 11

I enjoyed all of the episode except for the Jackson/ Maggie crap. I hate it now and forever.  

I do wish there had been more Alex.

I will really miss Stephanie, though.  

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

From what I can tell it was just based on the previews showing Riggs and Meredith looking all ecstatic as he twirled her around.

It was last week when she told either Maggie or Amelia she felt sick (while talking about McKiwi). She did look like she was going to lose her cookies.

56 minutes ago, pennben said:

2,  Do we have any independent confirmation that Minnick is well and truly gone outside of what we saw on the episode?  On the one hand, the character was so poorly written and introduced, that she never really had a fair shot (and the actress just wasn't up to the task).  On the other, thank goodness (I hope) that TPTB saw that it wasn't working and course-corrected here in the finale.

No confirmation, but Bailey said: "I don't believe there's a place for you in my hospital any longer." So hopefully that eliminates any possibility of her getting her job back or any other position at the hospital. 

The character is so far beyond the opportunity for redemption or likability that bringing her back will just irritate viewers more. IMO

• Love 8

Remember when a GA finale ended and you were like "ahh, I can't believe I have to wait three months?" This one. Not so much. I could care less about anything that happens because it seems like we did waste a whole season of nothingness. There were a lot of fires started for reasons that ended up just burning for no reason.

Like at the start of this season, I swear I called it that nothing bad was going to happen to Alex. He wasn't going to go to jail forever and he would get a slap on the rest. He didn't even get that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pennben said:

Yes, that's it exactly.  I was thinking to myself that this season has been meandering, just adrift, but really it just took a lap and ended up where we were.  Indeed, while I really enjoyed this season, I can't really point to an episode that I'll remember.

Despite that, I still enjoy watching this show every week and spending time with these characters.  So, I don't agree that this show needs to end or should have ended earlier. I'm happy that Shonda has enough power within the network that I know that the show will get to write its own ending whenever that may be.  

I'm looking forward to next season.  

I completely agree.  I just chalk it up to Grey's having a bad season.  It's not like they haven't bounced back from bad seasons before and my hope is that they rebound in 14.  I thought season 12 was pretty darn good, so it's not like they've had a string of stinkers that would cause real concern about the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've never liked Riggs more than in this episode.  And Mer wishing him well....perfect ending for something that should never have been.

We got one little bit of good acting from the Minnick actress tonight (after watching her suck at acting for a whole season)....when she tried to sandbag Richard.  But WHY OH WHY is Katherine acting like she is the be all and end all?  I wish they'd kick her to the curb in the role of "owner"....the Foundation is a part owner, not a sole owner, and as far as I can remember, the Foundation only ever had ONE vote one the board.  So shut up already, Dr. Avery.

Bye bye, Steph.  So glad they didn't kill you off, but gave you a heroic exit.  Jerrika acted her ass off tonight, she was SO good.  Still too many cast members to do any storyline justice (except, once again, too much Maggie Pierce!)

Did anyone else notice that not only did we not SEE Camilla Luddington, no one even mentioned Jo's character?  It's like she went *poof* six months ago.  GRRR.  And one little glimpse of DeLuca.  Two competent actors with nothing to do. 

Here's hoping for a better season next year.  This one was without a doubt the worst one ever.  The only story which was worse was Dream Denny.

Edited by Blonde Gator
too as in "more than enough", not to, nor two!
  • Love 7

On the Jackson/Maggie tip. I wish they hadn't made a deal of Jackson pointing out that they are family now and will be family for each other. Don't highlight the point that they technically family and then go for the romantic pairing.  

• Like 2
  • Love 14
(edited)

The problem with Maggie and Jackson is that Maggie is the worst. She's annoying as Fuck and has no chemistry with anyone.

Im glad I quit watching a couple episodes ago. So far feeling good about it.

This show should've ended about 4 seasons ago.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, pennben said:

1.  When did the idea that Meredith was pregnant take hold? Was there some spoiler/speculation that was going to happen

I think it was just last week's episode, after Mer invited Nathan over for dinner with (and therefore to meet, as he hadn't yet) her kids - she was telling Amelia right afterwards and suddenly felt nauseated. I think many equate "nauseous" to pregnant, but it was also a perfectly normal reaction to a Big Step.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Marley said:

The problem with Maggie and Jackson is that Maggie is the worst. She's annoying as Fuck and has no chemistry with anyone.

Im glad I quit watching a couple episodes ago. So far feeling good about it.

This show should've ended about 4 seasons ago.

I feel like we're meant to love Maggie and I just..don't. Ever since her first centric, where she was shoved down our throats. It's too much! Now she needs her own love interest, so we'll be enduring this extremely forced pairing with Jackson. 

• Like 1
  • Love 15

I watched what I needed to online. 

Look I know japril isn't everyone's cup of tea and thst fine. They were my ship, I was really only watching for them cause everything else just doesn't interest me enough to care as much as I do about them.

this episode broke my shipper heart and its rough. All I needed to see was the scene between Jackson and april and Maggie. This was where the show was saying a lot without saying much. You got both women yelling at Jackson. Jackson gets irritated with april and his gaze keeps going over to Maggie. He snaps at april and at Maggie's behest he backs off. And then that stare, this is a show where looks and touches mean something, that stare meant something from both sides. Jackson chose Maggie without even realizing it yet.

and the kicker is april saw it too and it visibly bothered her. April has always been mature when it comes to Jackson moving on and apparently Montana changed nothing. So she doesn't like it but she's not act like a jilted lover about this, she just wants it out in the open and then move on. It was hard to watch her realize she was the third wheel. It was hard for me to watch. 

Montana should have changed everything and the fact that it didn't says more to me than any conversation could have.

16 minutes ago, flickers said:

I feel like we're meant to love Maggie and I just..don't. Ever since her first centric, where she was shoved down our throats. It's too much! Now she needs her own love interest, so we'll be enduring this extremely forced pairing with Jackson. 

I definitely feel like I am supposed to love Maggie as much as Meredith and co do. Maggie has the sister who adores her, the group of friends who fret over her well being, and now she has her Prince Charming. I don't hate Maggie but I can't stand writing like this. The writers are so in love with Maggie and it makes me feel anything but love for her. 

I can so see this show dumping japril and making this Maggie's big love story. It kind of already has. They even paralleled 9x24 where april realizes she wanted Jackson to this where april is practically giving her blessing to Maggie.

I love april and her heartbreak is enough for me to be heartbroken.

all I can hope for is that april doesn't become a glorified background character like Owen, Arizona, Deluca, and jo.

• Love 9

Does everyone in this hospital just have to sleep with everyone or? Hate the fact all the relationships are in-hospital

Honestly, did't feel like it was season finale, because it was such a strange season

• Love 10
2 hours ago, WalrusGirl said:

I think it was just last week's episode, after Mer invited Nathan over for dinner with (and therefore to meet, as he hadn't yet) her kids - she was telling Amelia right afterwards and suddenly felt nauseated. I think many equate "nauseous" to pregnant, but it was also a perfectly normal reaction to a Big Step.

Forgot about that. I absolutely would not take that to suggest Mer could be pregnant since the context of her nausea was already explained right in the scene, that she was just freaked out about Riggs meeting the kids. Like you said, feeling queasy is a perfectly normal reaction to a Big Step -- reacting physically to an major emotional thing. (Like puking altogether when you learn your husband was hit by a semi and is about to die.)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, flickers said:

Maggie had her first centric episode like her 2 or 3rd episode on the show. The writers want us to love her like we love the original gang.

Me, I think this is my last episode of Grey's. I'm not here for Meredith and her sisters's anatomy. 

• Love 9

Quit trying to make Maggie happen, show. She is the most annoying person on this show, and that is saying a lot. She should not be sexually involved with anyone, because she is a like a neurotic muppet with zero emotional maturity.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

Huh, it seems I'm frequently of a minority opinion.  I like Maggie, always have.  In fact I think some of the negative response to her made me feel more inclined to her almost protectively.  I'm not saying I've never been annoyed by her, but that is true of literally every character on this show, even Cristina whom I consider to be near perfection.    

And I liked Japril.  They were totally my 'ship and I cheered when they ran out of that church together even as I acknowledged how shitty it was to Stephanie and the boring-ass Dudley-Do-Right groom (he was nice, but zzzzzzzzzzzz).  However, I was over them by the time April was refusing to allow Jackson to leave her.   So I have no interest in them returning to romantic status.  I genuinely enjoy them still as co-parents.  And I genuinely enjoy April as a character more when she is away from Jackson.  I feel her character suffered more in service to their relationship.

I didn't necessarily want Jackson and Maggie as a couple.  But I have liked the development of their relationship as friends and I have seen some signs over the last handful of episodes.  So I like this development.  I also like that it isn't all moony and schmoopy (though I guess it could be next season).  It was an extreme circumstance and a reaction to that circumstance that brought it to April's attention.  And I like that April was a mature adult about it.  I'm willing to watch this play out.  

As for the main plot, way to go Stephanie and yay please go Minnick.  Stephanie was awesome and I'm so pleased she made a decision for herself that fits her story.   And while I've been less annoyed by Minnick than many, I have not enjoyed her story or her character.  And her bullshit blaming Webber for Stephanie being a work instead of being properly abashed that SHE FORGOT TO MENTION A MISSING HUMAN BEING because she felt treating people was the only priority and she couldn't take 2 seconds to say to a cop "a doctor is missing, hasn't been seen by anyone since the lockdown started, and is likely somewhere in that burning building." Don't let the door hit you in the ass, bitch. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 11

I thought this was a really good episode if you don't really care about Jackson and his romantic entanglements.  That's me.  I can easily dismiss those scenes because I don't care.

Now, thats how I have always felt about Stephanie too.  I've never cared about her character.  But I thought Jerrika was really great tonight.  I don't know if it was her performance or the fact that she was saving Chloe, the worlds greatest DJ but I was thoroughly engaged in her story line for the first time.

I also thought The actor who plays Riggs gave a great performance in that scene where he first finds out she's alive and even when he's on cloud nine he was great.  It seemed real to me.  As opposed to Hunt's reaction which seemed to be all about him and I can't even tell if he wants her to be alive.

• Like 2
  • Love 12

Yay, Stephanie survived long enough to quit and get the hell out of Seattle Grace Death Hospital! I consider that a win.

DOUBLE FUCKING YAY THAT MINNICK GOT FIRED!!! Man, if nothing else had happened in this entire episode, I still might be tempted to call this the best episode ever based solely upon that.

I thought that the way Meredith told Riggs that Megan was alive was very sweet, and it was a way that both of them could relate to. Lord knows how abrupt Owen would have been if it had been left to him to break the news to Riggs. I also loved that when Riggs had a moment of feeling guilty, Meredith told him to stop because if it were Derek who were alive, she would have already left. This is why I like them better as friends than as a couple. I know it sucks that one of the things they have in common is the loss of The One, but it means that they have these moments where they get each other in a way that most other people don't. Hell, even though Megan is Owen's sister, Riggs and Owen felt her loss very differently. I kind of wish that Riggs had taken Meredith up on her offer to drive because he tore out of the parking lot so fast that I was afraid he would hit someone.

Jackson and Maggie being stepsiblings isn't what bothers me about this budding romance. They didn't grow up together. His mother and her bio dad (who she also didn't grow up) got married after both Maggie and Jackson were adults. There's nothing icky about it from that point of view because they are technically related but they have never acted like it at all or even acknowledged it. I know of two different marriages where there were divorced parents who remarried other people when the kids were older (meaning they didn't grow up in the same house and never had a sibling relationship) and that resulted in the step-siblings getting married. One of those step-sibling couples just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. I think the biggest risk is that if the relationship doesn't work out, that will make holidays awkward as fuck. But since the Weber/Avery family does not spend the holidays with the Pierce family, ehhhh.

My objection to a Jackson/Maggie pairing is that it's had less build up than Deluca's crush on Jo and even that was about on par with a middle school crush. OMG, I talked to her like five times! I'm totally in love! My other issue is that I would like to see Jackson with someone who isn't neurotic. It would be nice for him to date someone who can talk like a normal person and not obsess about stuff. I mean, do you really want to hear Maggie's sex ramblings when they're about Jackson? I sure don't.

• Love 12
(edited)
21 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

My other issue is that I would like to see Jackson with someone who isn't neurotic. It would be nice for him to date someone who can talk like a normal person and not obsess about stuff. I mean, do you really want to hear Maggie's sex ramblings when they're about Jackson? I sure don't.

This. Putting aside the whole step-siblings thing that may or may not be creepy/weird, for the love of God, can we not put Jackson with someone who isn't insane? I think Stephanie is the only person he's been with on this show who was moderately normal. Remember he was with Lexie first -- nuff said. Then April. Lord in heaven. (To be clear, I do quasi-ship Japril when they're not being asses and I still root for them to be endgame, but she's nuts.) And now they want to tease a hookup with Maggie? What kind of hellgod did Jackson piss off in a past life? And what a strange curse they cast on him: "I condemn thee to be forever romantically entangled with the most annoying person in the room." 

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, moonorchid said:

I watched what I needed to online. 

Look I know japril isn't everyone's cup of tea and thst fine. They were my ship, I was really only watching for them cause everything else just doesn't interest me enough to care as much as I do about them.

this episode broke my shipper heart and its rough. All I needed to see was the scene between Jackson and april and Maggie. This was where the show was saying a lot without saying much. You got both women yelling at Jackson. Jackson gets irritated with april and his gaze keeps going over to Maggie. He snaps at april and at Maggie's behest he backs off. And then that stare, this is a show where looks and touches mean something, that stare meant something from both sides. Jackson chose Maggie without even realizing it yet.

and the kicker is april saw it too and it visibly bothered her. April has always been mature when it comes to Jackson moving on and apparently Montana changed nothing. So she doesn't like it but she's not act like a jilted lover about this, she just wants it out in the open and then move on. It was hard to watch her realize she was the third wheel. It was hard for me to watch. 

Montana should have changed everything and the fact that it didn't says more to me than any conversation could have.

I definitely feel like I am supposed to love Maggie as much as Meredith and co do. Maggie has the sister who adores her, the group of friends who fret over her well being, and now she has her Prince Charming. I don't hate Maggie but I can't stand writing like this. The writers are so in love with Maggie and it makes me feel anything but love for her. 

I can so see this show dumping japril and making this Maggie's big love story. It kind of already has. They even paralleled 9x24 where april realizes she wanted Jackson to this where april is practically giving her blessing to Maggie.

I love april and her heartbreak is enough for me to be heartbroken.

all I can hope for is that april doesn't become a glorified background character like Owen, Arizona, Deluca, and jo.

I mainly tune in for Alex and Alex and Jo.  So, yeah, I feel you.  I guess this is their way of telling me to stop wasting my time and find something else to do at Thursdays at 8:00pm.  If only it were that easy.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, MV007 said:

I also thought The actor who plays Riggs gave a great performance in that scene where he first finds out she's alive and even when he's on cloud nine he was great.  It seemed real to me.  As opposed to Hunt's reaction which seemed to be all about him and I can't even tell if he wants her to be alive.

Seriously. I loved those Mer/Riggs scenes.

Owen's admittedly *never* been my favorite - he drove me crazy with dislike a lot of the time with Cristina, and Teddy, and while I've disliked him plenty on his own as well, I'm *much* more fond of him when he's just being a doctor or a friend, not paired up.

I can completely get that, had Megan died in a chopper crash fairly immediately, she wouldn't have been held prisoner and likely tortured, mistreated, and possibly raped for ten years, and that's horrifying and not at all cruel to wonder if having died quickly originally might have been better for Megan's own sake. But his PTSD face/direction, his admission last season that for an instant he was *relieved* that the plane had crashed so Cristina (and five other coworkers/friends plus a pilot) was dead instead of leaving him, etc have me also thinking that a lot of this is also his guilt over presuming her dead and moving on. Which is understandable, but those parents earlier in the season (with the patient of Maggie and Riggs) managed to also be horrified and frantic about their missing-not-really-dead daughter while *also* feeling (unreasonably but understandably) guilty about having assumed her dead and no longer looking for her. Owen is just so...all about him. Even a lot of his "for someone else" gestures through the show come right back to being about him and his own ego. I feel like I'm clearly supposed to like the character versus feeling this way, and I try (because Sandra Oh really liked Kevin), so I don't know if it's the acting, the effect of the actor's covering his accent on his facial expressions, or what. (It's too consistent over the years to just be the direction that the actor's given.)

• Love 3
11 hours ago, pennben said:

All she said was that she was fired.  Earlier, when they were all meeting, Bailey told Catherine (paraphrased), "We will teach them right."  Catherine glared at her after she said that. 

I'm not so sure Minnick is finished.  We never really got her backstory, except that her mom threw her in the pool to learn how to swim.  My guess, especially after that glare from Catherine, is that we may find out that Catherine was one of Minnick's mentors/faculty/instructors from way back.  I mean, Catherine brought her in to Grey Sloane Memorial after all.  She could very well know her from a previous institution.  She may be the one who taught her and that's why she was offended by Bailey's remark.  Minnick was the one who started the job early when she saw the building collapse on the news.   

• Love 2

I've been a loyal fan since season 1 ep 1, but this season was the worst. Sigh.

The whole time I was watching Stephanie trying to "save" her and the kid I couldn't help thinking it was HER DUMB FAULT that this massive explosion happened in the first place. So making her the hero is like having someone shoot someone on puprpose and then be the hero when they save them from the wound. Did the writers think I would forget this guy could barely walk, put the knife down several times and Stephanie could have kicked his ass pretty easily but NO, she had to SET HIM ON FIRE NEXT TO SOME HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE MATERIALS. Ugh. It would have made more sense if the rapist had accidentally caused the explosion himself and the Steph saved the girl. 

Jackson and Maggie. Blech, they have as much chemistry as I do with a toaster. 

Riggs, don't care. Long lost dead not dead sister, don't care. 

Whats her name finally got fired, about the only part I enjoyed. 

Pray next/final season redeems this once great show.

• Love 7

It will be interesting to see how Megan reacts to Riggs and Owen. 

I'm also sorry to see Stephanie go, but Minnick, not at all. !

I love Jackson, but I find Maggie selfish, look how she treated Mer,when she mentioned  Riggs.

Love Alex,,I wish he could find someone who isn't Jo.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Blonde Gator said:

But WHY OH WHY is Katherine acting like she is the be all and end all?  I wish they'd kick her to the curb in the role of "owner"....the Foundation is a part owner, not a sole owner, and as far as I can remember, the Foundation only ever had ONE vote one the board.  So shut up already, Dr. Avery.

If I remember correctly the foundation is the majority owner.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Huh, it seems I'm frequently of a minority opinion.  I like Maggie, always have.  In fact I think some of the negative response to her made me feel more inclined to her almost protectively.  I'm not saying I've never been annoyed by her, but that is true of literally every character on this show, even Christina whom I consider to be near perfection.    

And I liked Japril.  They were totally my 'ship and I cheered when they ran out of that church together even as I acknowledged how shitty it was to Stephanie and the boring-ass Dudley-Do-Right groom (he was nice, but zzzzzzzzzzzz).  However, I was over them by the time April was refusing to allow Jackson to leave her.   So I have no interest in them returning to romantic status.  I genuinely enjoy them still as co-parents.  And I genuinely enjoy April as a character more when she is away from Jackson.  I feel her character suffered more in service to their relationship.

I didn't necessarily want Jackson and Maggie as a couple.  But I have liked the development of their relationship as friends and I have seen some signs over the last handful of episodes.  So I like this development.  I also like that it isn't all moony and schmoopy (though I guess it could be next season).  It was an extreme circumstance and an a reaction to that circumstance that brought it to April's attention.  And I like that April was a mature adult about it.  I'm willing to watch this play out.  

As for the main plot, way to go Stephanie and yay please go Minnick.  Stephanie was awesome and I'm so pleased she made a decision for herself that fits her story.   And while I've been less annoyed by Minnick than many, I have not enjoyed her story or her character.  And her bullshit blaming Webber for Stephanie being a work instead of being properly abashed that SHE FORGOT TO MENTION A MISSING HUMAN BEING because she felt treating people was the only priority and she couldn't take 2 seconds to say to a cop "a doctor is missing, hasn't been seen by anyone since the lockdown started, and is likely somewhere in that burning building." Don't let the door hit you in the ass, bitch. 

I love Maggie and I always found the fandom's hate for her weird. She's a kickass surgeon with a little neuroticism thrown in and so what? She's helped take care of Mer's kids and there for her family when they need comfort. All of the characters in this show are largely unlikable and this is the one character (along with Callie and Bailey) that has likability and isn't dimensional. April is a lot more annoying but she's tolerable when she isn't arguing or showing puppy dog eyes at Jackson. 

Edited by lavenderrose
  • Love 6