Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Expenses

• Start Topic

Watching the episode again, I noticed a couple of things regarding Mike and Anita.

1) Mike was smiling when he went to work at the parking garage, after meeting Anita at the playground.  No teeth showing or anything, but by Mike Ehtmantraut standards he was giddy. I think he is sweet on her.

2) Anita mentioned that her husband was "well out of the service" when he she lost him.  So he was not an active Navy man when he disappeared.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

She's 11 months younger than Giancarlo Esposito.  Just saying'. 

There is no way Anita's husband is Fring.  Eladio knew who Fring was in Chile and told him that it was the only reason he lived and Max died.

Also, the timeline is all wrong for him to have disappeared and become Fring.  Fring came to the US in 1989 shortly after Max was murdered next to Eladio's pool.  Anita's husband went missing in 1994 or 1995.

Finally, Fring is a prominent local businessman in ABQ.  If he were her husband, Anita would know exactly where he was 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Dev F said:

I don't remember that at all, I don't see it in the transcript, and I'm not clear on how it would've even come up in the conversation, since "Hey, maybe your husband was murdered by Mexican gangsters" is not generally an element of grief counseling. Or did you mean that someone here on the boards speculated that Gila National would've been a good place for the cartel to dump bodies?

I'm gonna stick with the theory that the missing husband is just the impetus for Mike to track down the body of the Good Samaritan whose death he feels responsible for. Anything else just seems to require too many weird, melodramatic coincidences.

I don't remember that either about someone in the episode making the connection that Mr. Anita's last known location was also a well known dumping ground for the cartel. I think the poster might be confusing the theory another poster had on the forum that cartels had regular dumping spots and Nacho wouldn't really have to do much research to know where the body was, were his people involved. 

And I agree that Hector's crew (or Gus's) being involved in Mr. Anita's death seems like an unbelievable coincidence. Of all the things that could have become of Mr. Anita- an accidental death caused by a fall, a drowning, a wild animal, a shot by a hunter hunting illegally, a faked death and a new life elsewhere- he meets a violent end at the hands of one of the few criminals in town which with Mike has business connections? Not impossible, but a damn lucky break for Anita after all these years. 

I prefer the theory that Anita just motivated Mike to provide closure for someone else, and that they're focusing on her as a potential relationship for Mike. 

6 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

There is no way Anita's husband is Fring.  Eladio knew who Fring was in Chile and told him that it was the only reason he lived and Max died.

Also, the timeline is all wrong for him to have disappeared and become Fring.  Fring came to the US in 1989 shortly after Max was murdered next to Eladio's pool.  Anita's husband went missing in 1994 or 1995.

Finally, Fring is a prominent local businessman in ABQ.  If he were her husband, Anita would know exactly where he was 

I was just going to ask what year that was that Gus first met Hector. Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Dev F said:

I don't remember that at all, I don't see it in the transcript, and I'm not clear on how it would've even come up in the conversation, since "Hey, maybe your husband was murdered by Mexican gangsters" is not generally an element of grief counseling. Or did you mean that someone here on the boards speculated that Gila National would've been a good place for the cartel to dump bodies?

I'm gonna stick with the theory that the missing husband is just the impetus for Mike to track down the body of the Good Samaritan whose death he feels responsible for. Anything else just seems to require too many weird, melodramatic coincidences.

Yea, it was someone here who mentioned the hike area as being a dumping ground.  I tried to find it, but the thread is too long (sorry!), but you get the idea.  

All the Old Fashioned talk got me in the mood for some rye, so I poured a glass of Whistlepig, neat...no fruit salad.  Man, this stuff is smooth.  A bit pricey at $70 a bottle, but not so expensive that it will ruin your "story" you use to cover up your meth empire. :)

• Love 2

There have been some off-topic posts that have taken the discussion away from the content of the episode, and into BB territory. There are other threads for that discussion; please try and keep to the episode in this one. Thanks.

• Love 2

Watching the scene again, I think Jimmy was definitely planning the whole thing with Chuck before he even met with that woman.  When giving his name, he says simply "McGill" causing her to do a search and discover that he has a brother that was always a lawyer.  It wasn't improvised at all.

• Love 4
On 6/5/2017 at 11:26 PM, benteen said:

When giving his name, he says simply "McGill" causing her to do a search and discover that he has a brother that was always a lawyer.

The way computer systems worked back then, just giving his last name was the right thing to do. Once she found the "McGil" and "McGill" entries, or the ones for "Mc Gil" and "Mc Gill", she was ready for a first name. It may have been a breach of customer privacy to ask if he was "Charles" instead of asking for his first name, but she had a 50/50 chance of being right and it feels good to make a lucky guess.

• Love 2