Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Missing

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

So, just hypothetically speaking right now but if Samantha dies and we get stuck with William, I'm gonna need them to recast that child actor because he is not good at all. Yikes. I'm so sorry, I cringe every time. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So, just hypothetically speaking right now but if Samantha dies and we get stuck with William, I'm gonna need them to recast that child actor because he is not good at all. Yikes. I'm so sorry, I cringe every time. 

Hypothetically speaking, if this happens and we're stuck with William (and this actor) then I'll unwillingly have to become a hypocrite and start stanning Barry's time traveling abilities. Imma need his selfish ass to travel back in time and make sure that Samantha lives so she can take the kid with her when they disappear into witness protection again.

But, also, I'm absolutely holding you accountable for typing out this terrible idea into the universe. Shame!

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Hypothetically speaking, if this happens and we're stuck with William (and this actor) then I'll unwillingly have to become a hypocrite and start stanning Barry's time traveling abilities. Imma need his selfish ass to travel back in time and make sure that Samantha lives so she can take the kid with her when they disappear into witness protection again.

But, also, I'm absolutely holding you accountable for typing out this terrible idea into the universe. Shame!

WELP! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it. I take it back, universe! 

giphy.gif?response_id=591d0c970e36d1b618

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

I would like to take back what I said in 5x10 about KC as BS. She's still not good, y'all, even as a villain. Like what was mentioned upthread, is it really too much to ask for her face to move a little and properly convey some emotions? That flashback Laurel (wig and all) was terrible. It's a good thing that William was in this episode so, at least, she wasn't totally the worst actor? Child, please don't take this as me being mean but, if this is your chosen profession, please go to acting school some time?

I would have to agree. I thought KC was fun to watch in 5x10, but for whatever reason, her performance in today's episode seemed stiff and stilted to me. I don't know why that was, but I hope the producers/writers won't be so stupid to try and force her back into the goody 2 shoes role again. They should know by now that KC doesn't have the acting chops to pull that off. 

• Love 6

They were beaming at each other! Heart eyes non stop!!!! It's ridiculous! And he just kept looking at her. They were standing around talking and he'd just look at her over and over again. I can't handle this *freaks out*

And when he started saying he didn't know if they deserved alone time he was so flirty!!! arghhhhhhhhhh

The Oliver and Thea scene was really Olicity shippy despite not actually having Olicity in the scene. I'm rewatching that as a shippy scene. So cute!

Rest of the episode set up the finale well. I'm avoiding complaining about dubious topics so I don't dampen my own mood. Will just go off and keep sniffing the shippy fumes. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

But are supposed to believe that Chase would TOTALLY forget about Slade and not try to recruit him or kill him if he didn't join? That part seems like a total miss depending on how next week goes.

Chase: "I was wondering if you'd like to help me destroy Oliver Queen."
Slade: "Go to Hell, nobody kills the kid but me."

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

From memory in the announcement wast Katie brought back as a season 6 regular not a series regular? Therefore she can't get second billing cause as yet she's not a main cast member. So she'd probably have similar billing to like Adrian Chase/Josh Segera 

She's a series regular. Josh was a series regular as well, it doesn't really break down between Season ___ Regular and Series if I'm not mistaken. 

But she won't be getting 2nd billing. If anything she'll get the "With" at the end.

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

But are supposed to believe that Chase would TOTALLY forget about Slade and not try to recruit him or kill him if he didn't join? That part seems like a total miss depending on how next week goes.

It's possible Chase had already recruited him and then Slade will turn against Oliver at some point. I feel like it could go either way tbh.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

She's a series regular. Josh was a series regular as well, it doesn't really break down between Season ___ Regular and Series if I'm not mistaken. 

But she won't be getting 2nd billing. If anything she'll get the "With" at the end.

What I meant was she is a series regular for the season like Josh was like Niel was like Manu was but she's not a SERIES regular like Stephen Emily David Willa Paul etc as in she is not a main cast member. It's minutiae but I was pointing out that she likely won't go back to main billing because she's likely not a main. *shrug* Just like how Josh wasn't a main or got main billing. 

Edited by LeighAn
2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Upon rewatch, Felicity did wink at him during the "we can take it one step at a time." Kill me now. (If she's just blinking weirdly, NEVER TELL ME!)

tumblr_oq4jzdbrjj1rq49qyo4_250.gif

??

I also took her suggestion for a night under the stars as an invitation to Oliver.

I have watched the full episode yet but I've watched clips of the Olicity scenes and I love how quietly and unshowy Olicity were in reuniting. Almost like it was inevitable natural and given. 

• Love 9
Just now, calliope1975 said:

Upon rewatch, Felicity did wink at him during the "we can take it one step at a time." Kill me now. (If she's just blinking weirdly, NEVER TELL ME!)

Given EBR's messy way of winking, I'd say that's a good chance of being an actual wink.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm not saying it would - but IIRC

Hide contents

I think MG said we're going to see some reactions from people finding out that Oliver's alive that we didn't get to see in the pilot, so I wouldn't be surprised if they retconned Laurel's or added an additional scene that ~softens it.

I'm not saying they won't do that, because they've done dumber, but

Spoiler

I don't see why they would waste season finale screen time on showing Laurel learning Oliver's alive. It just makes more sense to show Moira, who is far more important to Oliver and his story than Laurel ever could be, and maybe Thea, who is still alive in present time and therefore more relevant than Laurel, or even Quentin, just because PB would act the hell out of it. It would even make more sense for them to show Felicity learning he's alive, since she's his future wife and all. Maybe an adorable little moment where she sees the news bulletin, shrugs, and goes on her merry way, completely oblivious to what's about to walk into her cubicle. 

40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oliver in the pilot acted like Laurel was extraneous to his life.. I can understand that in terms of his focus on his mission and the whole "I can't be with someone I care about" schtick.  But his vision of Laurel just saved his life -- I would have expected him to be softer, more caring of Laurel than he was in the pilot episode.

It's been a while since I watched the pilot, but don't remember him treating Laurel as any more extraneous than anyone else. I just remember the scene where he asks her not to blame Sara and when he acts like a sick to push her away  

I still don't see how they get him into that cold, stiff persona from the pilot even with the drug Kovar gave him, but there's still one episode left. Maybe they can pull it off. 

• Love 1

I felt like Felicity and Oliver were playing "Let's see who can be cuter and throw out more heart eyes" with each other.

I have always loved them and I LOVED the epic 320 farewell but they have been REALLY crazy cute in the past few episodes. If I was a non shipper these past few eps would have converted me. 

EVERYTHING is either flirting or adoration or intense understanding/inspiring each other stuff! *I am having a meltdown*

• Love 7
Just now, LeighAn said:

What I meant was she is a series regular for the season like Josh was like Niel was like Manu was but she's not a SERIES regular like Stephen Emily David Thea etc as in she is not a main cast member. It's minutiae but I was point out that she likely won't go back to main billing because she's likely not a main. *shrug* Just like how Josh wasn't a main or got main billing. 

She is considered a main cast member just as Josh is technically a main cast member. Contract wise, it doesn't differ, their contract options can still be picked up or cut off at the end of the season like the rest of the cast. He got main billing. But SDCC will also help determine her importance if they want her to show up or not.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I thought the night under the stars was a callback to when they went away together. It was almost like she was teasing him with a sexy memory or something, LOL.

Did you see the way he looked at her after she said that *squeals*

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I thought the night under the stars was a callback to when they went away together. It was almost like she was teasing him with a sexy memory or something, LOL.

They totally sexed each other up on that trail in the past. I believe nothing else. ?

• Love 14
(edited)
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Did you see the way he looked at her after she said that *squeals*

Hehe, yeah. Eye sex! That's why I thought she was reminding him of what they'd done before. Hint: SEX. Haha.

Just now, calliope1975 said:

They totally sexed each other up on that trail in the past. I believe nothing else. ?

Totally. Sex all over the place. Everywhere. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

When Diggle and Felicity had that car crash...I'm just saying, if Felicity was driving her trusted van, that wouldn't have happened. LMAO.

My exact thought! 

I thought this episode was mostly filler and set up for next week.  That said, the party was a lot of fun and everyone looked so pretty.  And the cake was both a kid's B-day cake AND a Lord Mesa figure!!   Calling that probably should mean nothing else I've predicted for the end of the season will pan out.  I think we'd all agree that's for the best, lol.  

Nyssa's "Husband" should have been saved for Talia.  I did enjoy her look of disappointment but not surprise that Oliver had not given her all the details, lol. 

I'm going to be sad when/if Malcolm dies.  LoT did such a good job of making me like him again.

The flashbacks were just an excuse to do flashbacks of the flashbacks.  I don't really object but I'm going to have to rewatch if I want to understand what was going on there with Kovar.  I missed something to explain why he was having the flashbacks.  I didn't mind his vision of Laurel.  It's all Oliver's inner voice talking.  He'd want her to be understanding.  And it explains why he suddenly starts thinking of her as his reason to live while he was on the island.  It's conflated clearly but the guy's traumatized so I can forgive him, lol.

The Oliver and Thea scene was really Olicity shippy despite not actually having Olicity in the scene. I'm rewatching that as a shippy scene. So cute!

It's basically the scene I thought we were going to get between them last week. Very cute.  One point subtracted for mentioning the panty moth.  One point added for Oliver thinking so little about her that he didn't remember to mention to Thea he'd dumped her.  ;)

Oliver's building worries for William and then his reaction "my boy!" just didn't work.  It didn't ring true to what we'd seen of their relationship.  He could have been really concerned and upset still but it came out in the kind of emotion that wasn't earned.  Oliver can love him but the kid's a virtual stranger.  There was too much familiarity in how he spoke about him.  That's what didn't work.  

I cracked up when I realized that neither Rene nor Dinah would appear in the episode.  That's one way to save some money. 

Next week is going to be a super crowded episode.  They should have skipped most o last week's stuff, pushed this episode back one and had two episodes actually ON the island.  

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

I'll accept this! 

But it could be both- remember when we had romantic hot sex on that trail- wanna have some again?

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

They were beaming at each other! Heart eyes non stop!!!! It's ridiculous! And he just kept looking at her. They were standing around talking and he'd just look at her over and over again. I can't handle this *freaks out*

And when he started saying he didn't know if they deserved alone time he was so flirty!!! arghhhhhhhhhh

Rest of the episode set up the finale well. I'm avoiding complaining about dubious topics so I don't dampen my own mood. Will just go off and keep sniffing the shippy fumes. 

Oliver looked really good in that scene with Thea, and he was adorable with his uncertainty over whether his dinner date was a date date. 

I've decided I like Oliver best in a dress shirt sans jacket and tie, if he must wear a shirt at all, but I don't like him in leather jackets, especially zipped all the way up. They do this weird bunchy thing that distracts me. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Oliver's building worries for William and then his reaction "my boy!" just didn't work.  It didn't ring true to what we'd seen of their relationship.  He could have been really concerned and upset still but it came out in the kind of emotion that wasn't earned.  Oliver can love him but the kid's a virtual stranger.  There was too much familiarity in how he spoke about him.  That's what didn't work.  

This is my main issue with the whole thing. Look, I get that this show has a bizarre emphasis on blood family being paramount above anything and everything and of course Oliver would care and worry about his kid. But it didn't work for me because we haven't seen that father/son relationship on screen. The emotional weight of that fell flat, IMO. 

I guess I'm just not one of these fans who cares about William because Oliver cares about him. I just don't. 

Plus that kid actor is terrible. I'm never letting that go. LMAO.

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

It might have worked slightly better if he'd said son instead of boy. Besides just being a weird word choice, it implied a more involved relationship than they have. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

IIt's basically the scene I thought we were going to get between them last week. Very cute.  One point subtracted for mentioning the panty moth.  One point added for Oliver thinking so little about her that he didn't remember to mention to Thea he'd dumped her.  ;)

I cracked up when I realized that neither Rene nor Dinah would appear in the episode.  That's one way to save some money. 

Next week is going to be a super crowded episode.  They should have skipped most o last week's stuff, pushed this episode back one and had two episodes actually ON the island.  

hahaha did you do that on purpose?

I actually didn't mind her being brought up (there is a first time for everything) because Oliver looked like he was all "huh? Who?"

I just hand waved all the "my boy" nonsense and it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would because as a mummy I didn't actually find that reaction to be particularly realistic even though I know what they were trying to sell. I don't have the proper words to explain it but I felt like it was very scripted and dramatic and the show trying to be pretentious about parental love but it was not true to life as to how a parent would behave so in that sense it didn't bother me.

• Love 1

My thoughts while watching. 

Thea still hates Susan,  good for you girl. 

Lord Mesa deeply deserved this shout out!! Good for him.

This whole thing is so cute and i don't want it to end,  but I know it has too.   

Awh,  Captain of the Ship physically moving Curtis out of his ships path,  what a good pilot he is. 

Darn,  bad stuff happens now...

Ha,  YOU KNOW WHO!  Keep chewing that scenery Josh.   He is giving me Floyd vibes.

Oh. Ollie being honest!  I waited 20 episodes for good reason! 

I doubt Artemis' ability to sneak up on Thea. 

I hate Malcolm being pep talk guy.   He hasn't earned that.   I wish Thea would show more presence. 

Nyssa!  Welcome!  I've missed you more than I can imagine.   Lexa has been one of my favourite people since Andromeda and I'm still looking forward to nyssa beating her up.... and I rooted for Lexa when she played a time terrorist. 

• Love 6

Found myself doing busywork in my living room this evening and watched for the first time in several weeks. Solid episode.

Has Oliver not made any friends at the mayor's office?  Felicity went to the trouble of renting cocktail tables for 5 people.  

Oliver and Felicity are gorgeous and zingy.  I hope he takes that camping trip with her.

The three big cliffhangers/raise the stakes moments this season all involved characters that I don't care about.  First, Billy got arrowed.  Then Susan got kidnapped.  Then William's kidnapping pushed Oliver into crisis.  But for me, it held no stakes because I don't care about these characters.

The fight scenes were badly choreographed/badly edited.  The fight with the Argus agents seemed overly deliberate, slow but edited to look fast.

I loved Chase confronting and taunting the team.  Wonderfully menacing, and every comment felt like a swift kick.  I wish his motivation/story had been given more depth because I think it would have propelled us into the finale, but Josh Sagarra has now become an actor who I will seek out, trying to catch him in whatever he does.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Guys, how did you interpret this dialogue?

Felicity: This must be hard for you.

Oliver: Hypothetically dating my ex-fiance ... No, it's fine.

I took that comment and the one where he was questioning her about whether they deserved alone time as him being eager to move forward faster but not wanting to push her too much.

He jumped to the conclusion of them dating right away, just like he wanted to prod her about whether their dinner was a date or not. She said "Lets take this one step at a time" and he agreed but I don't think he wants to go that slow! I think he wants to jump in again! But you know what Oliver is like. He's going to plod along hopefully until she gives him the ok, bless him.

ARGHHHHHHHHHH *screams and freaks out some more*

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I took that comment and the one where he was questioning her about whether they deserved alone time as him being eager to move forward faster but not wanting to push her too much.

He jumped to the conclusion of them dating right away, just like he wanted to prod her about whether their dinner was a date or not. She said "Lets take this one step at a time" and he agreed but I don't think he wants to go that slow! I think he wants to jump in again! But you know what Oliver is like. He's going to plod along hopefully until she gives him the ok, bless him.

ARGHHHHHHHHHH *screams and freaks out some more*

Yeah I think Oliver accepts that the balls in Felicitys court and he has to go at her pace even if he's picked out China patterns already. I'm curious whether this take it one step at a time thing will carry over into next season by having them do the whole courting and dating thing? 

• Love 1

I took the "Hypothetically dating my ex-fiance ... No, it's fine. " as disappointment that the date he thought he was going to have with Felicity that night was only hypothetical because it turned out just to be a ruse to get him to the surprise party.

• Love 5
Just now, LeighAn said:

Yeah I think Oliver accepts that the balls in Felicitys court and he has to go at her pace even if he's picked out China patterns already. I'm curious whether this take it one step at a time thing will carry over into next season by having them do the whole courting and dating thing? 

Me too! I think they've made it obvious that Olicity are end game (pending actors quitting the show, getting ill etc) and with all the cuteness I think they might do all the courting again. No "will they won't they" but just bucketfuls of flirting.

Which is more desirable to me than a FitzSimmons "the universe hates us" type of separation if they still want to stall.

If she's inviting him on overnight camping trips to sex each other up like they did two years ago, that doesn't seem like going slow to me.

I'm LOLing at how quickly he got over "Susan, who?".  At least the EPs seem finally to realize what a massive fail that whole thing was.

• Love 6

Two more things before I go to bed:

1. Did Diggle have to jump the ramp? Or did Talia's swordsmanship leave him no choice?

2. Actually, forget about the Siren/Canary clash. How about Felicity knocking Laurel-2 out in one punch again? And maybe her hand wouldn't hurt this time.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Guys, how did you interpret this dialogue?

Felicity: This must be hard for you.

Oliver: Hypothetically dating my ex-fiance ... No, it's fine.

I agree.  Oliver following Felicity's lead but ready to put the pedal to the metal.  And just a touch frustrated that he needs to be patient.  You know he had high hopes for their maybe it's a date. 

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

hahaha did you do that on purpose?

I actually didn't mind her being brought up (there is a first time for everything) because Oliver looked like he was all "huh? Who?"

Ha!  No, I really thought I'd typed Pantry.  But now I'm so not fixing it, lol. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

What I meant was she is a series regular for the season like Josh was like Niel was like Manu was but she's not a SERIES regular like Stephen Emily David Willa Paul etc as in she is not a main cast member. It's minutiae but I was pointing out that she likely won't go back to main billing because she's likely not a main. *shrug* Just like how Josh wasn't a main or got main billing. 

There is no differentiation like you're suggesting there is regular or recurring or guest star.  It doesn't matter if it's 1 year or more a season 6 regular is a series regular.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If she's inviting him on overnight camping trips to sex each other up like they did two years ago, that doesn't seem like going slow to me.

I'm LOLing at how quickly he got over "Susan, who?".  At least the EPs seem finally to realize what a massive fail that whole thing was.

You know what the beauty of this is? No matter whose speculation is right it's going to be GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*prays for no universe torn apart incidents which will make me cry*

That whole protracted birthday party scene reminded me why this is still my favourite vehicle of the franchise. These characters actually have lives and personalities and they hang out on more than one set. I love it.

And then the Chase stuff started and he sucked the show dry. I'm so tired of all-seeing, all-knowing bad guys. This is Chase - who is batshit insane -, Evelyn - who is a child having a tantrum -, and Talia Al-Ghul who we're supposed to believe is super capable but who's never been head of the League and who has had one scene so... whatever. And this is the crack team who seemingly know everything - even where Dig and Felicity are going when they never told that to anybody.

Basically, I found this whole thing tiresome: especially when I knew William was kidnapped two episodes ago.

There were also some flashbacks or something? They didn't really add anything except a rogue Laurel sighting. Give me the gun, Oliver. I need it for me.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Maybe they can just kill him horribly and give us even-more-angsty Oliver next season.  We can even get Barry to guest-star when Ollie tries to make him create another Flashpoint-like timeline.

What's the best way to kill William?  Defenestration?  Slit his throat?  Bury him alive?  Arrow through the forehead?

15 minutes ago, RobertDeSneero said:

Maybe they can just kill him horribly and give us even-more-angsty Oliver next season.  We can even get Barry to guest-star when Ollie tries to make him create another Flashpoint-like timeline.

What's the best way to kill William?  Defenestration?  Slit his throat?  Bury him alive?  Arrow through the forehead?

giphy.gif

I wish I loved the second half of this episode as much as the first. After Oliver sends Felicity and Dig away (and why??? him asking Felicity to stay earlier was such nice forward motion), it was all kind of ploddy to me. Oh, yay, it's Malcolm again. And with parental advice. :/ One, you were not a father to Thea for most of her life. Which is an excellent thing because two, you were an utterly shitty one to Tommy. I did enjoy Oliver being allowed to be smart and sassy for a second and asking Malcolm how many deals he's broken. Is JB okay? He looked kind of off to me.

The whole William crap could have been made more tolerable by focusing on the fact that he is a child. A very naive one at that. Everybody else that was taken is much more capable of protecting themselves, so major concern for William makes sense from that angle.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The flashbacks were alright. I know they are ending soon. Now, I figured that we'd have a mention of Laurel at some point, because like it or not, she was still an important part of his life at that time, so not hearing her name in the last couple of episodes wouldn't have made sense. Seeing her was unexpected and that wig was HORRIBLE (could they not get a wig closer to pre-series Laurel's hair?) So seeing her in this episode didn't really shock me or upset me because I knew they had to follow season 1 canon of Lauriver, even though they've diverted away from it since and they've ignored Laurel mostly in the flashbacks.

What did they do with the wig they used for the flashbacks last season? That one was really good. And what the hell was going on with her make up in that scene? It looked like she was the one stuck on an abandoned island for five years, only there was no water suitable for washing.

4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Olicity were perfect. So much chemistry and all the heart eyes. Me like! Me want more! I also liked the way they agreed to date again, just take it slow. It makes sense after everything that's happened. Now I just need a kiss. 

I would have even settled for a hug after Oliver's mini heart attack was over. Hee. I love it when SA is alive and adds stuff like that.

3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Please refrain from putting things like this into the universe. 

2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

??

I also took her suggestion for a night under the stars as an invitation to Oliver.

I have watched the full episode yet but I've watched clips of the Olicity scenes and I love how quietly and unshowy Olicity were in reuniting. Almost like it was inevitable natural and given. 

What do you mean like?

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

Chase will kill William with Oliver's arrows, driving home (yes I went there!) the point that Oliver is the one really hurting him.

Now that I think about it, it should turn out that the video of William was not live and he's already dead, with his desecrated corpse being used to taunt Ollie.