Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two of Animal Kingdom: Who's Excited??

• Start Topic

So the May 30th premiere is just around the corner!  Anyone else as excited as I am?  What do you hope to see this season?

I want to see J not go rogue. I want to see him actually bond with the family since he grew up with just his addict mom.

I really hope none of his uncles is really his dad.

Nikki I wish had died at the end of last season instead. So she can go anytime. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Wait, the premiere is May 30th? So how did I watch it last night on TNT? I'd fallen asleep watching basketball and woke up to Smurf's (not) soothing voice. Was I just imagining things? 

For those that did see it, here are my thoughts: 

Spoiler

Great premiere last night. I liked J last season, and I think I'll like him even more this season. He's smart, cunning, and he knows how to survive around Smurf (so far). But him holding his gun and looking at  Smurf through the window was ominous. 

Poor Baz--kinda. He wasn't the greatest husband to Cath, but it's painful to watch him call around and interrogate innocent people, still believing she's alive. I hope it bothers Pope and Smurf as much as it does me. Pope does look remorseful. Smurf does not. I'm convinced that she has some sociopathic tendencies. 

Edited by topanga
(edited)

I wanna see Deran start to bring guy "friends" to the house and no one bats an eye.  They'll start off slow because Deran is still nervous, but over time, it'll be obvious to the rest of the family that these guys are more than just dudebros.  The downside is that this person will start to see how corrupt the family is and probably run for the hills.  It's clear that no one in the Cody family can really sustain any kind of normal relationship.

Make Pope more human and less like a scary, soulless android.  Let Pope seek help for his mental health issues.  Then again, I wonder if he even recognizes that he's really messed up.

I don't like J that much - he made no impact on me last season.  I didn't really see him as a sympathetic character, even with his dead mom and ending up living in a nest of vipers.  I just found him sullen and tedious, so I hope he has minimal screen time.

Less gratuitous sex scenes - make it relevant to the story and not to meet some quota.  Yes, Ben Robson is magnificent but I've seen enough of him.

Edited by patty1h
On 5/26/2017 at 9:11 AM, topanga said:

Wait, the premiere is May 30th? So how did I watch it last night on TNT? I'd fallen asleep watching basketball and woke up to Smurf's (not) soothing voice. Was I just imagining things? 

For those that did see it, here are my thoughts: 

Reveal hidden contents

Great premiere last night. I liked J last season, and I think I'll like him even more this season. He's smart, cunning, and he knows how to survive around Smurf (so far). But him holding his gun and looking at  Smurf through the window was ominous. 

Poor Baz--kinda. He wasn't the greatest husband to Cath, but it's painful to watch him call around and interrogate innocent people, still believing she's alive. I hope it bothers Pope and Smurf as much as it does me. Pope does look remorseful. Smurf does not. I'm convinced that she has some sociopathic tendencies. 

TNT put up a sneak preview premiere, whatever the term is along with Claws. Last year Animal Kingdom won out among the other criminal gang shows. My wife caught Neicy Nash and her co-star dry humping within the first  15 minutes, so that won't be on while she is around. I am interested to see who comes after them after the Navy job with the local police all but inhibited from the cause because they set up a boy to be raped by his teacher.

• Love 1