Type keyword(s) to search

Andi Mack - General Discussion

• Start Topic

From Jewish Journal (March 14th), some background on Joshua Rush's preparations for Cyrus' bar mitzvah:

Reciting part of his own torah portion that he’d relearned and wearing the tallit—a gift from his grandparents—that he wore at his real-life bar mitzvah, actor Joshua Rush celebrates Disney Channel’s first Jewish rite of passage.

To prepare for the scene, Rush worked with the rabbi at Congregation Kol Ami in Salt Lake City, where “Andi Mack” is filmed. Although it was his idea to use his own haftorah, which was about the commandment of Shabbat, “I definitely needed a refresher,” he said.

From November, 2017:  An O.C. Register article on Emily Skinner (Amber) - She auditioned for the roles of Andi and Buffy before landing the Amber role.

“I started with auditioning for Andi,” Emily says. “And I got pretty close for that role. And then I auditioned for Buffy, and I got closer, I did chemistry tests (with other actors). And finally after that I auditioned for Amber.

Andi Mack 2B Promo - Returns June 4th

Not HQ but it's the only copy I've found so far. They covered up a lot of stuff with emojis so it's more difficult to tell what's going on, haha. I love the fashion on this show... I totally want the graphic t-shirt Walker has on at 0:30.

My guesses based on the promo (putting behind a spoiler tag just in case):

Spoiler

1) I think TJ flipped over the game board (the scene with Buffy and Cyrus).

2) I think the yearbook photo is of Jonah; you can see "Jo" on the right side of the frame. But I don't think it's connected to Buffy's crush, it might be from another scene. I think it would be too much if the entire Good Hair Crew had a crush on him, lol.

3) I think Andi's kissing Jonah; it looks like he has a similar outfit on in the guitar playing "VS" shot, and you can see guitars/music stage stuff in the background.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Sooooo I thought Buffy was moving? Are episodes airing out of order?

I know. Just what two eps ago they were acting like they would spend every waking moment together because Buffy was going away. Now they barely see each other? 

Buffy did mention she couldn't play until she moved or something, I forget the wording, but it was implied she wouldn't be with that team/school much longer, but until then she was benched. Which Fuck off TJ! I don't get what they are going for with his character. 

I do love Andi's new guy. I feel like they are still going with Andi/Jonah as an "end game" type couple, but ugh. I don't like Jonah and I love Walker. Taking her to help do his art piece was very sweet and the perfect date for Andi. She's such a creative, artsy type so that was perfect for her. 

On 6/30/2018 at 12:23 PM, Mabinogia said:

I know. Just what two eps ago they were acting like they would spend every waking moment together because Buffy was going away. Now they barely see each other? 

Buffy did mention she couldn't play until she moved or something, I forget the wording, but it was implied she wouldn't be with that team/school much longer, but until then she was benched. Which Fuck off TJ! I don't get what they are going for with his character. 

I do love Andi's new guy. I feel like they are still going with Andi/Jonah as an "end game" type couple, but ugh. I don't like Jonah and I love Walker. Taking her to help do his art piece was very sweet and the perfect date for Andi. She's such a creative, artsy type so that was perfect for her. 

You k ow, I totally forgot Andi was an artsy type until you said that. The writers really have let that tidbit slip out of people’s minds for some reason. With that said this has definitely been longer than the two weeks Buffy was supposed to have before moving plus it seems like she’ll stay for the rest of the season. I just don’t understand why the play is unless there is a twist and her mom is deployed again or something.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I'm sure I missed something.  Who has Buffy been living with while her mother was deployed? 

Her father.  She mentioned her father was excited for the move to Phoenix since that is where he is from. 

• Love 1

Just watched the new episode. Am I the only one that is annoyed by Miranda? Lord, she seems so FAKE to me. And to be so foreword as to push her 7 year old on a 15 year old just so she can have time alone with her hot boyfriend. No wonder why Morgan has issues. And the way she talked down to Andi, like Andi was in kindergarten. Good grief. Can Bowie just please dump her? Or maybe Bex will wise up and decide to apologize to Bowie and tell him her true feelings. 

I like how they have made Celia more self aware ( though she may always have been ) and they toned her down. I miss Ham though. I like the family dynamic.

Buffy annoyed me too...but, unlike Miranda, she is actually a KID and can be angsty and melodramatic. Plus, she wised up before the end of the episode. What kid WOULDNT want a friend like Cyrus? 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, neuromom said:

Just watched the new episode. Am I the only one that is annoyed by Miranda? Lord, she seems so FAKE to me.

Yes! She seemed OK when she was first introduced but she was a pushy piece of work in this episode. I hated the way she spoke to Andi, as if she was there first and Andi was the new kid. I understand why Bowie wanted to keep the peace but I wanted him to stand up for Andi, since she's his bio-kid. Plus, Bowie knew how important AndiShack was to her, to the point where she had a meltdown over potentially losing it, so he should have insisted Andi and Morgan meet in a neutral place, like the park.

Normally I could believe that Andi misplaced the box but since she said she was so sure Morgan took it, even after the mystery had been solved, I think she may be right. I think Bowie found it at Miranda's house or something and hid it in the paper crane box when he went to "check for himself," and I think it'll blow up in his face when Andi and Bex find out. But I look forward to seeing Miranda's face fall when she realizes she was wrong to be so smug. Ugh! If I wasn't already into Bex and Bowie, I would be now. #ByeMiranda

I'm glad Buffy and Cyrus made up pretty quickly... I thought Cyrus's actor did a really good job showing how painful it was for him to be fighting with her. I felt so bad for him (and didn't like seeing Buffy's amusement at his pancake batter misfortune; my least favorite trait about her), and I'm glad Buffy told him she sees why someone would want to be friends with him. But since he didn't understand exactly why it hurt her, I wish she would have spelled it out, too, so perhaps he could talk to TJ about it. (In the previous episode, TJ was pretty much back to his old self, now that he's back on the team, but he did seem troubled when Buffy realized that Cyrus told him how to win her over, so I think he would really try if Cyrus told him to cut the crap with Buffy. Then again, she's moving soon so it wouldn't make a difference right now.)

I really liked how they connected Jonah and Cyrus's panic attacks, and Cyrus's panic attack to why he and TJ began talking in the first place. And I'm glad Buffy and Cyrus know about Jonah's panic attacks, hopefully that will help him feel supported. So far, Jonah's triggers have been abandonment and fighting/conflict (not sure what triggered him when he ran into the music shop) so I'm wondering if his parents fight at home.

• Love 1

Hopefully  we will get a little more insight into Jonah’s home life this season, since we’ve already seen a little of Cyrus’s and Buffy’s lives.

Omgsowicked,  that is a good observation you made about the lost box. Although I really hope the Bowie is not behind it, because I would just lose respect for him. It was bad enough that he did not stand up for his daughter, but I can see that he was just trying to keep the peace.   But if he replaced the box in the shack, that would be a betrayal of his daughter. 

On 7/5/2018 at 1:41 PM, omgsowicked said:

#ByeMiranda

Just watched this episode, then came back to read this and lol'ed, because Celia actually called her Felicia! Too perfect!

• Love 1

Jonah is starting to grow on me.  Now that he’s made his feelings known to Andi, Bex needs to do the same with Bowie.  Kinda surprised Miranda wasn’t invited to Open Mic ..maybe it’s over ? (Fingers crossed) 

Anyone know if we will be seeing more of Ham? I like family dynamics.

and is Buffy really moving ?

• Love 1

Gah! I find Andi and Jonah are unlikable and annoying. Andi is bratty and selfish. Newsflash! The world doesn't revolve around you. Her lack of respect for her mother Bex is really getting to me. And Jonah is such a petty jerk.

This show started off pretty good and had potential in Season 1, but it has really downhill and unfortunately is falling into the same path as Girl Meets World. 

So now Buffy had a crush on Jonah too? What is everyone's obsession with Jonah? Give me break! There was zero build up to this or any indication that Buffy liked Jonah at any point. It just came out of nowhere. So now were gonna get a Riley, Maya, Lucas love triangle with Andi, Buffy, and Jonah.  Jonah is the Lucas of Andi Mack. An underdeveloped pretty boy with no depth to be passed around to everybody like a piece of meat. This show has turned into nothing but a ship wars.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, WildFlower87 said:

This show started off pretty good and had potential in Season 1, but it has really downhill and unfortunately is falling into the same path as Girl Meets World. 

I haven't seen the last episode yet, but I agree that it's lost something. Maybe that something is my interest. It started off very good and now it seems shallow. They've made the Jonah character so dumb it's a wonder he can even walk. 

• Love 1

Did Buffy confirm that she had a crush on Jonah? I missed part of the episode after Cyrus pointed to Jonah's picture in the yearbook and asked her if he was her crush. I thought they might have her have a crush on TJ. If it is true that Buffy's crush is on Jonah, yeah this show has lost something, especially since Cyrus had a crush on Jonah last season. I hate love triangles. 

Jonah is better interacting with the group as friends. If this show lasted more seasons maybe down the road I would be for Andi and Jonah, but right now not so much. 

I figured something would happen to make Buffy stick around, but I hated the whole moving story was so drawn out. I was hoping they would have Buffy missing or in video chat for some of the episodes then maybe at the end of the season have her move nearby or something. 

Yeah, I can see why Buffy would be touched by Jonah's thoughtfulness, and I actually don't hate the pairing (it's not one I ever saw coming)... but it's too much to have all three of them crush on Jonah. He's gotten a bit better but he's not that great. However, I'm glad it's not TJ (or I hope they won't reveal that it actually is). TJ seems to be changing for the better but his attitude toward her was way too much to turn it into something romantic so soon. And I agree, I thought Buffy came back too quickly for how big they made her moving to be. I think she should have been gone for an episode and a half, at least.

I was really surprised that they ended Cyrus's crush on Jonah... I thought they'd keep that going, especially considering how big a fan following they had. But I didn't think anything would ever happen between them (I doubt Jonah would be interested) so I'm glad Cyrus moved on on his own, rather than by being rejected. Plus, I've gotten fully on board with Cyrus/TJ, so I felt like this was a clue that they'd be going in that direction. (TJ's always been nice to Cyrus, so that's why I can accept them, versus TJ only now starting to be indirectly decent to Buffy.) I'm predicting a fluttering heartbeat moment between them in a future episode!

I enjoyed seeing the Mack family together, making food and playing their trivia games. I didn't realize how much I'd missed that. I guess Ham traveling will help explain his absences. I hope their diverging paths are played as a healthy thing, not the beginning of a Cece/Ham divorce.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, omgsowicked said:

Yeah, I can see why Buffy would be touched by Jonah's thoughtfulness, and I actually don't hate the pairing (it's not one I ever saw coming)... but it's too much to have all three of them crush on Jonah. He's gotten a bit better but he's not that great. However, I'm glad it's not TJ (or I hope they won't reveal that it actually is). TJ seems to be changing for the better but his attitude toward her was way too much to turn it into something romantic so soon.

I agree. I am not adverse to Buffy having a crush on Jonah, but having Andi, Cyrus, and Buffy all have a crush on Jonah at some point in the series is a bit much. Buffy having a crush on TJ would be strange at this point, but I was trying to think of other peripheral characters that she may have a crush on instead of Jonah. 

I also, like the Mack family scenes. It is one of the reasons why I liked Andi and Bex staying at the house. It gave Ham and Cece more reasons to be around. I like Ham, so I really hopes he comes back.

• Love 1

I feel like one of the problems with this season is the dropping and picking up of story arcs. Buffy was leaving, then a few eps and the Bowie gf kid thing, then Buffy is leaving, then gone, then back(with a reason that’s flimsy at best since they wouldn’t pay to move them without budget approval), and now next week it is back to Bowie. 

Also it’s obv the Buffy crush is Jonah, and I don’t get it, I also think Andi should know her Dad actually wrote the song(presumably about her mom) and not Jonah. Jonah bores me. I wish Walker had started to be a bit more incorporated. 

And I seriously disliked Andi last week. So self centered. Her mom did give her advice, and her mom of the past 12 years was also available, but it had to be then and now.  And she’s being really unfair that Bex needs to be available always but Bowie can just...float 

• Love 1

That was a lot to digest in one episode, and I agree, there was very little build up to any of it. It's almost like the writers went online to get fan's ideas and fanfictions and used that as inspiration for the episode. I remember someone on redditt a while back posting a scenario where Buffy crushed on Jonah and everyone was laughing at the prospect of all THREE members of the Good Hair Gang being in love with him. If she was going to start to like him, why not show some subtle hints towards it at least? I'm no expert on writing, but it seems like things like this usually are not just dropped like anvils without any kind of lead in. I kind of assumed Cyrus' crush on Jonah was fading (although I don't really like how they left it up to us to just guess at). I feel bad for the many Jyrus shippers - that is usually how any couple I want to see become cannon turns out. It's not really out of the realm of possibility that Cyrus' feelings would change, however. Look at how often middle school kids switch up their relationships - stands to reason a crush that wasn't even known by one of the parties wouldn't last very long. That's not to say he won't fall for him again down the line. I find it a little odd that they have never used the words "gay" or "bi" to describe Cyrus. I get not being into labels, but it seems like the only thing we know is that he is attracted to boys. He could be attracted to girls too for all we know (just not poor Iris). And yeah, the Buffy moving thing - what was the point of that even? Would love to sit down with these writers and hear what their reasons for all these sudden changes were.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:59 PM, WildFlower87 said:

So now Buffy had a crush on Jonah too? What is everyone's obsession with Jonah? Give me break! There was zero build up to this or any indication that Buffy liked Jonah at any point. It just came out of nowhere. So now were gonna get a Riley, Maya, Lucas love triangle with Andi, Buffy, and Jonah.  Jonah is the Lucas of Andi Mack. An underdeveloped pretty boy with no depth to be passed around to everybody like a piece of meat. This show has turned into nothing but a ship wars.

I asked my friend (who I force to watch this show with me) why everyone is into Jonah.  He's kinda cute and nice, but so average.  And I agree that this crush of Buffy's literally came out of nowhere.  Before they mentioned the crush, I was even asking the TV, "since when does Buffy text Jonah?"  They weren't even really friends.  I could see Cyrus texting Jonah, because they actually hang out outside of Andi; but Buffy and Jonah don't.  It's just super random.  Also, if they were gonna go for a love triangle storyline, then they should have just went for it with Cyrus, Andi, and Jonah.  At least it would have been original (for the Disney Channel, at least).   

• Love 1

My overall feeling toward this episode was, "oh thank goodness." LOL.

Thank goodness Amber doesn't really spit in people's burgers. I figured she was testing Cyrus but when she asked if he thought she was capable of something so mean, I deadpanned, "yes," at the same time Cyrus did, lmfao. First TJ, now Amber... very interesting friendships going on for Cyrus. I liked how they handled the topic of going to therapy, hopefully helping it be less taboo.

Thank goodness Bowie had no idea about the whole prayer box thing. I was worried that he was the one who snuck it back in. I loved watching Bex and Andi talk shit about Miranda and her fake smile and snooty demand for an apology. BYE.

Thank goodness Jonah took the high road and was friendly to Walker so we could get a break from that drama (for the time being).

But damn the show for teasing us about who Buffy's really crushing on! Ah! It was already ridiculous to have all three of them crush on Jonah (though I've read some fan discussion about it and Jonah and Buffy aren't as bizarre as I first thought) but now it might actually be Walker? Everything in the last episode pointed toward it being Jonah. Are they suggesting that she fell for Walker when he sketched them before she moved? Or is Buffy being an evil genius and trying to confuse Cyrus? Geez, maybe next week they'll add TJ to the mix. I've even seen fans say it might be Cyrus, which just goes to show you how confused everyone is, lol.

Edited by omgsowicked
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

My overall feeling toward this episode was, "oh thank goodness." LOL.

Thank goodness Amber doesn't really spit in people's burgers. I figured she was testing Cyrus but when she asked if he thought she was capable of something so mean, I deadpanned, "yes," at the same time Cyrus did, lmfao. First TJ, now Amber... very interesting friendships going on for Cyrus. I liked how they handled the topic of going to therapy, hopefully helping it be less taboo.

Thank goodness Bowie had no idea about the whole prayer box thing. I was worried that he was the one who snuck it back in. I loved watching Bex and Andi talk shit about Miranda and her fake smile and snooty demand for an apology. BYE.

Thank goodness Jonah took the high road and was friendly to Walker so we could get a break from that drama (for the time being).

But damn the show for teasing us about who Buffy's really crushing on! Ah! It was already ridiculous to have all three of them crush on Jonah (though I've read some fan discussion about it and Jonah and Buffy aren't as bizarre as I first thought) but now it might actually be Walker? Everything in the last episode pointed toward it being Jonah. Are they suggesting that she fell for Walker when he sketched them before she moved? Or is Buffy being an evil genius and trying to confuse Cyrus? Geez, maybe next week they'll add TJ to the mix. I've even seen fans say it might be Cyrus, which just goes to show you how confused everyone is, lol.

I also had a sign of relief that the crush may not be Jonah.  Also, Walker is so damn adorable...Buffy and him would make a cute looking couple.  

I also loved when the rest of the crew walked into the art gallery and all the kids were looking awkwardly at each other back and forth, Beks and her mom were both like, "we out!"  LMAO.  It just reminded me of when I worked with high school kids and they had drama that had nothing to do with our program, the adults would slowly disappear from the room to let them sort it themselves.  

Edited by luckyroll3

Finally an episode that wasn't uncomfortable. I'm glad they finally ended the Walker and Jonah tension. I'd like to see him a regular and them as friends. And I'm glad Miranda is gone. And that the Buffy moving storyline is over. This show was getting into Girl Meets World territory with the constant friendship reassurance.

I feel like it would all make more sense had the kids just been freshman in high school to begin with.

• Love 2

Binge watching the latest half of the season in the lead up to the finale....

"Better to Have Wuvved and Wost": Buffy's moving in...10 days! And because this is not that show, the kiddie sitcom solution doesn't work out. It's been a while since I was 13, but are middle school boys known for their quality gift giving skills? Amber doesn't have friends; what happened to Iris?

"Perfect Day 2.0": Buffy's moving in a week! Did the Good Hair Crew really go all around by town, by themselves, on their bikes, at eight...in this decade? Andi not being able to admit she's over and needs help is a human but nevertheless bad quality. Oh, and Disney made the writers work a cast member's real life musical skills into the show...er, I mean, Bowie learns Jonah's secret and introduces him to a new creative outlet.

"Truth or Truth":  Buffy's moving soon...and there's no school! Andi blows off Jonah and her friends to hang out with Bex. Andi should really learn how to stay out of grown folks' business, and Bex could have pointed out that telling Bowie how she feels may not lead to them getting back together. Bex too made the fatal mistake of not having jokey go-to answers for party games/magazine quizzes so you aren't actually confessing your darkest secrets. I was surprised that Andi hasn't kept her friends updated on her love life, but in show time, the bar mitzvah was, what, a few days ago?

"A Walker to Remember": With less than a "week" before Buffy moves, it's game day as Buffy's friends throw sports fan etiquette out the window to cheer her on (bullhorns, really?).  Why are seventh graders better able to diagnose learning disabilities than the teachers at this school? What will Buffy's mom say about her getting kicked off the team? Would there have even been any games left before she "moves"? And no dragging it out, then, for Jonah to see Andi and Walker's mural! 

I enjoyed the season finale.  I hope Bowie and Bex stay together.   I would like to see them date a little more before the whole engagement but they are just so adorable together.   

CeCe had some good lines and a lot of fun this episode.  I really hope they continue to rebuild a better relationship between CeeCee and Bex.

• Love 2

I guess every season break is going to end an "ummm..." cliffhanger. I would like Bowie and Bex to get back together but Andi is way too pushy and involved in their lives. Of course, Bex has trouble setting boundaries so it's only to be expected. On a different kind of show, Miranda would be back soon, dropping pregnancy news.  Can't believe she was just going to hope her budding kleptomaniac daughter would just grow out of it on her own. WTH?

So, Jonah went away to an 8-week Ultimate Frisbee camp...in the middle of the school year? Maybe it's because I watched the episodes in the course of a week, but the (non) passage of time seems especially egregious in this half of the season. 

The school's finally going to have a girls' basketball team over 45 years after Title IX...better late than never, I guess. Buffy liking TJ doesn't bother me now-he's redeemed himself, he did a corny rap, he's an older man from her perspective (kidding).

The writers should have figured out a better way to keep Amber on the canvas, if they insist on it. Buffy disliking someone who was repeatedly mean to her best friend is a perfectly valid response.

Edited by Dejana

I might be the only one hoping that the look back was for Cyrus not Buffy.  Honestly I would be fine with Cyrus having a crush of TJ because TJ has been kind, helpful and a friend to him.  I am not alright with Buffy having a crush on him yet. He has been cruel, a bully and nothing be a jerk from the start.  

• Love 4
On 8/15/2018 at 6:42 AM, Aliconehead said:

I might be the only one hoping that the look back was for Cyrus not Buffy.  Honestly I would be fine with Cyrus having a crush of TJ because TJ has been kind, helpful and a friend to him.  I am not alright with Buffy having a crush on him yet. He has been cruel, a bully and nothing be a jerk from the start.  

I really want the look back to be for Cyrus!!

My first thought was that TJ was looking back at Buffy but after thinking about it more, I think he was looking at Cyrus. Even the Disney Channel Instagram page posted the clip, asking who they thought TJ was looking back at, lol.

They gave TJ and Cyrus some interesting history, versus the antagonistic one he had with Buffy. And I think adding TJ to Buffy's list of possible crushes, while Cyrus remains alone, would be pretty crappy. I know that just having a canon gay character is huge for Disney Channel, and I'm not expecting much considering the demographics, but I hope he gets to go on a date and possibly have a boyfriend on-screen as well, like the other characters have (including Cyrus and Iris). I think it would be more valuable for young viewers to see a healthy relationship between a more stereotypically masculine, gay jock and a less stereotypically masculine, athletically challenged dork (who hasn't had to "glow up" to become worthy) than a relationship between a reformed jerk and the girl he treated like garbage.

I like Bowie and Bex together but when's the last time they dated? When they conceived Andi? Maybe not even then? They have a bond, and I think they'd be happy, but they should do some of that old-fashioned courting stuff. Andi really bugged me this season. I get that Bex and Bowie are closer to her because of their ages but I wanted Bex to remind Andi (and herself) that she was a child and that this was a grownup issue. Like, it was sweet to include her in the proposal preparations but when she started talking about telling Bowie herself, I was like, "excuse me?!"

ETA: Apparently an executive producer for the show commented on Disney Channel's Instagram post about the look back (I linked to that in my second paragraph), voting for Cyrus as the person TJ was looking back at. And from what I've been seeing, the actors playing Cyrus, TJ, and Buffy have all been showing support for Cyrus/TJ, so it sounds to me that the ambiguity was Disney Channel's choice, and that the cast/producers were totally caught off guard by it.

Edited by omgsowicked
Added info about the look back confusion
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Looks like the actor playing Bowie is dating Cassie Steele (Manny from Degrassi: TNG).

Wow, I was going to say wasn't he dating/married to someone he had a child with... I remember seeing a photo of them going to an Olympics trial or something. But yeah, it seems they're done (and I was wrong, she's not the child's mother) and he's with Cassie now. Actors from two of my favorite shows collide. Alright, I'm done looking up these people on social media. ?

1 hour ago, omgsowicked said:

Wow, I was going to say wasn't he dating/married to someone he had a child with... I remember seeing a photo of them going to an Olympics trial or something. But yeah, it seems they're done (and I was wrong, she's not the child's mother) and he's with Cassie now. Actors from two of my favorite shows collide. Alright, I'm done looking up these people on social media. ?

I just lost an entire hour of my work day falling down the same social media hole!  Lol!

My favorite, though, is this one comment under Cassie's instagram post, "Thething that bothers me is that he is so quick to display his new relationship when his old one just ended and his fans have yet to process it all."  LMAO!!!  Yes, celebrities are supposed to put their lives on pause so that YOU have time to process what is happening in their lives.  These fans nowadays are something else.

• Love 1

Hiya I'm Piper and I am a huge Andi Mack fan. I just came across this forum and this show and Riverdale are basically the reasons I joined. I love his show as well I am 13 and feel many of the topics kinds relate and are good for me to watch. My favorite characters are Bowie & Bex followed by Andi. 

I will attempt to summarize the last couple of episodes the best I can. First the whole Buffy crush thing had me going at first with her possibly crushing on Jonah but I think that is too obvious. Then I thought possibly could be Walker but I am not 100% sure on that. Then the whole thing with TJ and the basketball game they had and then the apology I would think that would be a great twist if she would start crushing on him. 

I am totally so happy that the Jonah and Walker awkardness seems to be over at least for now. I just want Andi and Jonah to be happy.

Now onto Bex and Bowie. Actually once Bowie said he loved Bex I knew she was going to ask him to marry her than I also knew it was going to end the season on that cliffhanger. AHHHHH!!!!! I didn't think it was going to end with another um though. I hope Bowie says yes because he truly loves Bex and Andi and they need to be together. I also think it can work with him accepting the proposal to marry and going on tour. 

• Love 1

3A Extended Trailer - Returns October 8

This looks super dramatic! Putting my thoughts under a spoiler cut just to be safe:

Spoiler

It looks like there will be some drama between Andi and Buffy re: Walker, and more Andi/Jonah problems. I'd warmed up to Buffy/Jonah so I'm a little disappointed they're going with Buffy/Walker.

That scene with Andi and Bowie looked intense but I'm hoping it's a mislead (like he's saying, "it's not that I don't trust you"). I know I shouldn't be that worried but I'm concerned about that cop at the school with Cyrus! And I wonder what's going on with Jonah in the red shirt again... another holiday he (and Cyrus) are spending at Andi's house? Is Jonah going to eat something else he shouldn't? LOL. Seriously though, he looks like something really bad happens.

I'm shocked that Disney allowed/showed some Cyrus/TJ love triangle/jealousy in the trailer after they (according to the cast/producer) edited TJ's lookback in the S2 finale to look like it was directed at Buffy. Like, they wouldn't be clear on the show but they're putting it out there in a promo (that will be seen by people who may not watch the show)? But I'm excited, this is huge for Disney Channel.

• Love 1

Yep, they aged so much they had to reshoot the intro! LOL!

I'm so happy with the way Bex and Bowie proposed to each other. It fit them, and I'm glad it seemed more like what they wanted to do rather than at Andi's insistence. I still think it needs to be a long engagement, though.

I'm not sure if it's crappy writing or if Andi's a crappy person but her behavior toward Jonah was awful. She got the girlfriend label she wanted, and they were so dramatic about him leaving... but then once he's out of her face for a short time, she's all about being just friends? I keep trying to tell myself that she's a teenager, she'll have her moody, self-centered moments, but come on! And what sucks is that this probably won't be part of a larger lesson about not yanking people around, or possessiveness and insecurity, or about recognizing that you're not mature enough to date yet. It's just more ~juicy Jandi drama~. Blah. I want Jonah to call her out on this... poor kid, he's been treated like garbage by two girlfriends now.

And I'm not super into this new Andi/Buffy boy drama but I'm more interested in that fallout than I am about the same Jandi nonsense. I liked their scene talking it out at the diner, and actually thought Andi was surprisingly mature about it (for a hot second). I can understand the weirdness, and I do think Buffy should have brought it up sooner, considering Walker's penchant for popping up unannounced (I love that they mentioned that, too). But I don't think Buffy committed an inexcusable friend crime by getting with Walker; they were never serious, and Andi turned him down for a relationship-ish with Jonah.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Man, Andi is obnoxious. She's obsessed with her parents getting married because she want them to so they must do it. Nevermind her parents wasn't ready before or the timing is wrong. It's all about her.

So a typical teenager...

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Did Lauren Tom make a Joy Luck Club reference? LOL

She most certainly did!

I was happy that CeCe acknowledged that she didn't "win" and realized that she did not have to in order to be happy. One really can not "win" with someone like an Aunt Mei.  Sad really, both families could celebrate the other one's happy news.

I was disappointed then that the show had Ham play a petty trick on the departing relatives.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, elle said:

I was disappointed then that the show had Ham play a petty trick on the departing relatives.

Me too.  I thought it was unnecessarily mean.  If they had leaned up against it accidentally despite Ham trying to stop them, and then everyone laughed as they left, that would have sat better me.

So is this whole, "we're not breaking up, but we're just friends" thing a new young people thing?  I'm old (just on the other side of 35 and probably shouldn't enjoy this show so much old, lol!), and am not always caught up with the ways of the young folk.   

On 8/16/2018 at 1:33 PM, luckyroll3 said:

I just lost an entire hour of my work day falling down the same social media hole!  Lol!

My favorite, though, is this one comment under Cassie's instagram post, "Thething that bothers me is that he is so quick to display his new relationship when his old one just ended and his fans have yet to process it all."  LMAO!!!  Yes, celebrities are supposed to put their lives on pause so that YOU have time to process what is happening in their lives.  These fans nowadays are something else.

Well the fans will definitely be flipping out now then, cuz he and Cassie are engaged. And I also fell down the rabbit hole of the ex, whose still best friends with the baby Mom, who was dating Avicci. Ah Hollywood 

• Love 1