Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Sympathy for the Goddess

I think that we are supposed to think that Chloe raided her own closet.  Hidden depths and all that.  Besides would Maze's clothes fit her so perfectly?

Demon clothes are magical. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

I loved this like everyone else.  But...i thought the bit with the key was a problem because it hadn't reacted to the blade before even though Amanadiel had held it.  Are we supposed to assume that reading the book made a difference because that doesn't make sense. 

A lot of magical items in the course of cinematic history have reacted to a book being read.  So I don't find it hard to believe.  Plus, Amen was extremely angry at that point, which he hadn't been while holding it since the got the Divine Belt Buckle.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, theatremouse said:

So your theory is something like: for the light bringer to make the sword go flamey, he needed to channel his emotions, and ditto for the key+key holder? I dig that.

More of a SWAG than a theory, but yeah, that works for me.

22 hours ago, theatremouse said:

So your theory is something like: for the light bringer to make the sword go flamey, he needed to channel his emotions, and ditto for the key+key holder? I dig that.

So that would mean that this whole thing has been put together by Dad to make the boys work together? Simce it would mean that A and L would have to be on the same side.

• Love 1
On 5/27/2017 at 11:28 PM, jhlipton said:
On 5/22/2017 at 2:19 AM, paulvdb said:

Now I want that wedding to happen just to see the reactions of Lucifer and Amenidiel to having Dan as their step-dad.

Step-DAN!

Don't you mean step-douche?

34 minutes ago, Emma9 said:

Don't you mean step-douche?

Jokes aside, it could happen.  If she finds herself divorced, she might well marry Dan and try to get him to get custody of Trixie in order to screw with Chloe because screwing with Chloe will screw with Lucifer.  Mom was bad enough, but I think Charlotte Richards will, in her own way, make an even worse enemy.  Especially if she gets Trixie within neck-snap range.

Finally managed to catch up with the last two episodes - there was a lot that I liked in this episode. The cast really works so well, there's no one pairing which doesn't work. There are a couple of things that bothered me a little though. One, Chloe looked like she was going to a different party when she went undercover with Mom. Everyone was dressed in that fancy, upscale Lady kind of way and Chloe's dress with the sleeves and high boots seemed out of place.

The second thing is that I thought Maze's rage came a little bit out of nowhere and felt a bit unreasonable. It's not like she hasn't known Lucifer for a very long time and yes, Lucifer mentioned that this never bothered her before so why does it now? I would have liked to know. Also, at the beginning of S2 she moved out of Lux to sort of become her own woman, and now she's suddenly raging mad at Lucifer for not including her? I can get behind it all and I can see that they would end up at this point, I just feel that I'm missing a few steps in between which led to this point.

But the fight was fun, so was Linda's reaction to it. And I love how everyone always ends up in her office at one point or another. That poor woman. She probably needs to see a therapist herself ;-) But whoever had the idea of bringing in a therapist as a very central figure is genius!

• Love 1
On 6/16/2017 at 0:59 PM, CheshireCat said:

But whoever had the idea of bringing in a therapist as a very central figure is genius!

Dr Linda and Trixie are the dark horse gems.

• Love 6