Type keyword(s) to search

World Of Dance - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So, I’m going to be completely heartless about a child. But I just feel compelled to say it, but more as an example. That boy who was telling his sob story about his dad leaving and not wanting anything to do with his family. I am sad for him. I am. And I know it’s affecting him negatively. But, to me, that is not worthy of a highlight as a sob story. Unfortunately, it happens way too often. I was looking at that large group of kids and I am sure there are at LEAST four or five other kids from a broken home. Why was his story so special?  My point really is that not every group or performer needs a sob story!  Just show the dance and judge the dance!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Whimsy said:

So, I’m going to be completely heartless about a child. But I just feel compelled to say it, but more as an example. That boy who was telling his sob story about his dad leaving and not wanting anything to do with his family. I am sad for him. I am. And I know it’s affecting him negatively. But, to me, that is not worthy of a highlight as a sob story. Unfortunately, it happens way too often. I was looking at that large group of kids and I am sure there are at LEAST four or five other kids from a broken home. Why was his story so special?  My point really is that not every group or performer needs a sob story!  Just show the dance and judge the dance!

I FF through the sob story. I must be heartless.

• Love 5

Just realized that Charlize was from 8 flavahz in America's Best Dance Crew.

Some of the audience was out of control.  When Get Down District was dancing, there was this annoying lady screaming incredibly out of control over and over again.

It's so irritating that the big deal this season is they "upped the game" so everyone has to score an 85 instead of an 80 to move forward. That just means that any group/person the judges want to advance get scored at least an 86 instead of at least an 81 like last year. The scoring is so bogus if one thinks about it. If they don't like you, you go home. It's as easy as that.

Most of these big mob dance crews look the same to me. I find myself thinking most of them are boring. Plus I could be in one of those groups. (Just not one of the people doing the flips, ha.) I mean, to me that's not so much dancing as just doing junior high sock hop moves all together. (Do they even have sock hops anymore? LOL!)

• LOL 1

My DVR didn't record this last week and I stumbled upon the second episode by accident tonight and missed the first half hour. 

None of the dancers I saw really interested me and I miss Jenna as a host.

Have any of last years dancers made a re-appearance this year?

Did I miss anything worthwhile from the first episode?

• Love 1
On 2/28/2019 at 6:02 PM, luvthepros said:

I FF through the sob story. I must be heartless.

I FF that isn't dancing or scoring because I just do not care about the stories.

Did anybody else find the scoring for the modern ballet girl odd? Derek & Ne-Yo gave her a 92, & Jennifer gave her an 87. I wish she had just danced traditional ballet, I thought there was too much of the acrobatics again.

• Love 2

Junior division:

Spoiler

The Trilogy - Minnesota (85+87+87=86.3)

Aydin Eyikan - Connecticut (89+87+89=88.3)

Moving 4ward - Toronto (86+86+87=86.3)

Kayla Mak - New York (92+87+92=90.3)

Junior teams:

Spoiler

JDC - San Jose (87.3)

Dancetown Divas - Miami (87+88+87=87.3)

VPeepz - Philippines (89+89+93=90.3)

Upper division:

Spoiler

Tobias & the EZtwins - Denmark & Slovenia (94+92+92=92.7)

All Ready - South Korea (89+90+85=88)

Briar Nolet - Toronto (88+86+88=87.3)

Derion & Madison - Los Angeles (89+92+90=90.3)

Upper teams:

Spoiler

Fuego Dance Crew - San Diego (92+95+94=93.7)

Exiles - Arizona (88+87+89=88)

Motiv Crew - Orlando (85.7)

Junior division

The Trilogy - it felt like there were too many instances of two people doing a lift and the other guy doing a leap or a turn. As dancers you need to have full body awareness at all times and that includes your toes and feet, and I noticed lazy floppy feet more than once. They should either be pointed or flexed or doing something with purpose.

Aydin Eyikan - beautiful lines and great control, but like so many contemporary competition routines, it was mostly trick after trick. I need some more dancing in between all the tricks. I agree with Derek that his performance would be better served if the choreography matched the music better.

Moving 4ward - I don't know why NBC didn't post their full performance on YouTube. It's not like they're paying by the minute for these videos. All I really got was that J Lo was clearly not a fan.

Kayla Mak - it's nice to have some ballet on here instead of just flailing contemporary, but I really hope that this dance gets the front row or rehearsal footage treatment because they cameras kept STUPIDLY cutting to the judges while they went WOOOOO every time she did something. I hate when they zoom in on pointe shoes just to remind us that SHE'S WEARING POINTE SHOES.

Junior teams

JDC - too much posing and hair flipping for me. This was another typical competition dance so I was bored.

Dancetown Divas - with a large group like this, you can do really simple moves but make them look big and effective (like some of the roll offs they did) but you also have to be careful because when you have this many people onstage, it can start to look chaotic and messy. They had good energy and their fringed costumes were eye catching but they need to work on making sure that things don't get sloppy.

VPeepz - Yes, camera people, when there's a group of 15 people on the stage, what we really want is for you to use the swoopy camera to get extreme closeups of their knees so we can't see the dancing or formations.

Upper division

Tobias & the EZtwins - ugh, I am so tired of listening to the judges yell, "HEY!" during the performances. This group started out strong but they lost some of their precision about halfway through. Their arms weren't at the same angles and I felt that they were keeping things at the same level. I wanted them to change it up a little, whether it was the tempo or the physical level or something.

All Ready - I totally appreciate the salsa/street fusion these two are doing and I love that they're doing partner work with two women, but their choreography is not flashy enough for the judges. They'll stick around for another round because of the novelty of what they're doing and because the show likes to keep up the appearances of this being an international competition, but there's no way this group is going to the finals because the judges want wow tricks.

Briar Nolet - this is the kind of routine that the judges love because it's trick after trick after trick. But for me, it's just another competition routine.

Derion & Madison - oh, okay, Derion, if I can name the move you can't put it in the piece, eh? Well, you'd better hope that no one with a dance background is watching your routine because just about every move I saw already has a name. I get it. You're young so you want to think you're sooooo special and unique and innovative, but sorry, you didn't invent 99% of the moves in your routine tonight. They both need to work on their lazy feet and point their toes more. They also need to work on their synchronization and timing because their side by side stuff was off.

Upper teams

Fuego Dance Crew - they were really clean but I kept waiting for them to crescendo into something amazing.

Exiles - they were synchronized but without precision, meaning they all have the choreography down but they're not doing it exactly the same. I love their enthusiasm and their energy, but they need to work on cleaning up the details.

Motiv Crew - they were together, but the choreography let them down. It looked like a routine you would learn at a hip hop class. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't worth $1 million.

• Love 3

I watched the entire show but don't know the name of a single group or person. I did like some of them. Others ... boring same old same ole. Same moves, different costumes. I did laugh at the contemporary 15-year-old boy doing so many HMVs.

(edited)

The Trilogy-I felt bad for the third member, because they focused on the one guy and the girl. The other guy seemed like a third wheel prop used mostly for lifts.

Tobias and the EZtwins-I liked the performance, but their costumes were messing with my  OCD tendencies.

Briar-after her package, I was kind of worried that she was going to have a seizure on the stage. Also, the music didn't really match the movements to me, so that took me out of it a little bit.

Fuego-their package turned me off, too cocky and full of themselves.

Exiles-I admire their goal, and their performance was good, but the judges were right in that the one guy needs to reel it in a little bit.

Dancetown Divas-the moms are going to get on my nerves if they show them too much. The dance itself wasn't all that impressive to me-sloppy in parts of it.

Kayla-I really enjoyed her dance

Ayden-for being 15, he has some impressive moves, but his dance didn't connect with me emotionally.

Why was Ne-Yo wearing glasses for just one of the performances?

Edited by marykat71702
20 hours ago, GaT said:

Did anybody else find the scoring for the modern ballet girl odd? Derek & Ne-Yo gave her a 92, & Jennifer gave her an 87.

IMO it's because JLo seems to have a preference for modern/big dance crews.

• Love 3

Cutting to the judges during the dance is wearing on my very last nerve.  WTactualF?  It's interrupting the dance for no particular reason.  It's making me hate the judges' faces and voices.

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

Maybe for guys we should call it HMPs <shrug>

I believe that in the So You Think you Can Dance Forum, it's called HMTaB (for Twig and Berries).

Edited by hula-la
I forgot what the B stood for.
  • LOL 1

Half the enjoyment I get from this show is from coming here and reading the technical critiques from Electric Boogaloo and others. I rewatched Exile’s performance and despite my best effort couldn’t catch anything, although the constant cuts to judge reactions kept throwing me off. Were there any moves in particular that a noob like me could watch for to see the lack of “clean”?

I took advantage of the close up on Kayla’s shoes to try and figure out if she had “good feet”, but nothing stood out. How are her feet, for those in the know?

This was the first episode of this show I have ever seen. I'm mostly interested in the dancing. I FF to watch the few dances that they show all the way through, then if the dance interested me enough, I'll go and watch the backstory. Seems like all competitive reality shows these days spend way too much time on these "overcoming adversity" story lines. I've seen so much of it, from Top Chef, to American Ninja Warriors, to Forged in Fire and Say Yes to the Dress, I'm just over it. Death, disease, amputation, poverty, etc. etc. etc. I suppose I've got tragedy fatigue.

I liked Briar Nolet as well as Tobias & the EZTwins (hate the name EZTwins and I wonder if they have a different name in Slovenia). I thought both performances were polished, compelling, and had great musicality. I also liked their song choices and enjoy that WOD provides the information about the music. My only complain is that both had a lot going on...so much that it was hard to really absorb and appreciate because by the time my brain registered a cool move that I saw, they'd already done six other moves. Briar's was one trick after another, but they were linked together beautifully. I had to watch the T&ET dance several times to fully appreciate it, and I watched a workshop performance of it (below) that was much simpler (no roll-offs, no formation changes), if considerably less exciting, but helped me get a better look at what they were doing.

I also watched a video of the rehearsal of the WOD version of the piece that did not have the cutaways to the judges, which was great. As others have said, the judges' reactions add no value. For one, it takes me out of the dance, and for two, they seem to be over-exaggerating their responses to the point where it's almost cartoonish. I know they are probably coached to do that, but geez, it's annoying.

• Love 2

That really pisses me off now.  There were some cool moves that got cut out thanks to the judges reactions.

I did like Briar Nolet.  She was a bit over the top with the tricks.  However, she does have really good movement.  I agreed with J-lo, that has more fluid slinky quality, while most of the contemporary dancers seem to be really stiff.  Also she really moves well to the music.

I like Already (the all around duo).  Is one of the contestants Dassy Lee from SYTYCD?  Looks really similar to her.

S3.E3: Qualifiers 3

In the final round of The Qualifiers, the world's most elite dance acts from all ages and dance genres enter the World of Dance arena to face off in the challenge of a lifetime. The acts have one chance to showcase their artistry, precision, and athleticism and new this season now must score an average of 85 in order to move forward in the competition and ultimately win a grand prize of $1 million.

Original air date: 3/10/19

9 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In the final round of The Qualifiers

Glad to see that they cut back on the qualifiers, there were only 3 episodes of it in the first season, but last season was 8 episodes & that was waaaaaaaay too many.

• Love 2

New to this show but enjoying it so far.  Cut away to judges is making me stabby.  I like Ne Yo and all the judges are doing a nice job of articulating their point of view.  It’s weird how they can speak of the nuances here but were relegated to dumb comments on AI or DWTS.

I like the dance teams the best.  The kid who needs 2 hip replacements at 21 is dance tragic.  Guess you aren’t supposed to be training that hard.  He had a slightly hiptastic shaped body but was light as a feather.  Magical.

girl power groups at the end was a little much.  2 groups were meh to me and I no the tap duo deserved to get through.  I’m looking forward to the duels or whatever they are.

• Love 2

Junior division:

Spoiler

House of Tape - San Diego & Santa Ana (85+86+86=85.7)

Audrey & Mia - Chicago & Seattle (87+87+85=86.3)

Junior teams:

Spoiler

MKAM - Alhambra (88+89+92=89.7)

Kozmic Edge - Guttenberg, NJ (83+83+83=83)

Battle Droids - Antwerp (85+87+89=87)

Intention - Edmond, OK (88+88+87=87.7)

Upper division:

Spoiler

Denise & Josh - Toronto (90+92+91=91)

DD Flection - Bangkok (90+95+91=92)

Derek Piquette - Chicopee, MA (90+93+91=91.3)

Upper teams:

Spoiler

Radiance - Los Angeles (87+87+90=88)

Style & Grace - Vancouver (87+85+83=85)

Unity LA (97+94+95=95.3)

Siudy Flamenco - Miami (86.7)

Main Guys - Norway (89+89+91=89.7)

Junior division:
I'm not the biggest tap fan, so it takes a really good routine in order to hold my attention. Their music choice was a smart choice to appeal to non-tap people. One thing that sometimes works against tap when it's more than one person is that tappers don't always have the same arm movements which can give the false impression that they aren't synchronized. These girls had their upper body movements and arms really in synch.

Audrey & Mia - they started off well but I felt like they lost it.

Junior teams:
MKAM - they were clean, sharp, full of attitude while performing, and fun to watch. They were really synchronized for having so many people in their group too.

Kozmic Edge - for me the problem wasn't what Jennifer said about them looking like they haven't been together long. Once again, it was the choreography that let them down. The routine wasn't bad per se, but it wasn't good enough to stand out. The choreography was a little too studio dance recital for me. I get that not everyone can afford to hire an amazing top notch choreographer, but if you don't have a good routine then you aren't going to get far in this competition.

Battle Droids - it is so hard to have such a major mistake at the beginning of the routine, but they recovered well. I appreciated that Derek let them show us what that trick was supposed to look like. I'm sure they're still disappointed that they didn't nail it during the routine, but it was a nice moment of vindication to show that they could do it.

Intention - this was a perfect example of smart choices. Their dancing was good, but everything else was great. The song + the costumes + the theme + the choreography is what makes a memorable and winning routine.

Upper division:
Denise & Josh - lots of clean side by side sections in between the partner stunts/tricks. I liked them but I was surprised that all of their scores were in the 90s.

DD Flection - I was rolling my eyes when the judges made it sound like they have this huge advantage because they were on WOD Thailand. Doing this show just means having four or five routines that you are comfortable doing on camera. I don't think that being on the Thai version of the show means that they have any sort of advantage over the other dancers. I liked their choreography because, as one of the judges said, they really used their momentum to move from one thing to the next (as opposed to the kind of choreography where they just throw in tricks for the sake of having them without regard for the movement preceding it).

Derek Piquette - this is the kind of contemporary competition routine that I hate. Trick, trick, trick, gymnastics, trick, trick, gymnastics. His technique is pretty clean so he just needs a better choreographer. But yowza, a double hip replacement?

Upper teams:
Radiance - I wanted to like them because although I am not a fan of competition groups, they clearly had a lot of technique and their routine wasn't just a million tricks. What is going to set the competition groups apart from each other is the choreography, which means you can't just accept whatever routine that Sparky Pulastri throws at you. Part of being a good director is recognizing when a routine is amazing versus pedestrian.

Style & Grace - I enjoyed this routine and I think it was a great example that these routines don't need a bunch of flashy tricks and flips. You can just dance and be awesome. I thought their performance was strong and that as a group they were clean and synchronized. And to the girl who fell, it happens to EVERYONE. If you are a performer, no matter how many times you practice, you are going to fuck up in a performance at least once in your life. What separates the pros from the amateurs is how you react. The professionals are the ones who keep going like it never happened.

Unity LA - I didn't love their music choice but I get why they chose it. This group was really clean so I knew there was no question that they would be through to the next round.

Siudy Flamenco - they definitely took a risk by choosing to do a flamenco routine to pop music. I think it probably ended up appealing to non-flamenco people a little bit more but I didn't think that it was outstanding enough to impress the judges.

Main Guys - they were so much fun to watch and I liked that they had a sense of humor in a few moments.

• Love 2

First, I just have to say that I don't care for the way these forums are set up now.

The main thing I got from this show was that every dance they showed in its entirety made it through to the duels. Where's the suspense in that?

Not everything needs to be about female empowerment-I watch these shows for entertainment, not to be preached at.  Just dance and show everyone what you can do. 

• Love 3

Britney Spears Musical Once Upon a One More Time Sets Pre-Broadway Run in Chicago - choreography by Keone and Mari

A new Broadway-bound musical comedy based on classic fairy-tale stories and set to the smash-hit music of Grammy-winning superstar Britney Spears will have its world premiere this fall at the James M. Nederlander Theatre in Chicago. Titled Once Upon a One More Time, the musical will begin previews on October 29 with an opening night of November 13 for a limited engagement through December 1, before heading to Broadway.

"I'm so excited to have a musical with my songs—especially one that takes place in such a magical world filled with characters that I grew up on, who I love and adore," said Spears. "This is a dream come true for me!"

In Once Upon a One More Time, Cinderella, Snow White and the other fairytale princesses gather for their book club when a rogue fairy godmother drops The Feminine Mystique into their corseted laps, spurring a royal revelation.

The musical features an original book by Jon Hartmere (The Upside, Bare) with direction by Tony nominee Kristin Hanggi (Rock of Ages) and choreography by Keone and Mari Madrid (Justin Bieber's "Love Yourself"; "World of Dance").

A previously in-the-works Britney Spears musical was to be directed by two-time Tony winner Jerry Mitchell.

• Love 2

S3.E1: Duels 1

The Duel" round begins with judges Jennifer Lopez, Derek Hough, NE-YO and a new twist of redemption! In this round, the top qualifying acts from each division will choose a rival and face off in a head-to-head elimination duel. The judges will score each act based on their artistry, precision and athleticism, and the top scoring act from each duel will move forward in the competition.

In Redemption, the two highest scoring eliminated acts have one final chance to compete for the last spot in the next round of the competition bringing them closer to winning a grand prize of $1 million.

Promo:

Original air date: 3/17/19

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Ahhhhhh Redemption Island appears LOL.   Where my Survivor peeps at?

My DVR didn't pick this up tonight so I only caught a few acts at the end and the weird redemption round that wasn't even close.   I hope to catch the links to the dances online....at least I'll bypass all of that camera cutting.   JLo just kept saying "hey" and it was driving me crazy.   I cannot believe they refuse to change this.  It's MADDENING.   MADDENING I SAY!!!  

• Love 4

I like bendy Derek.  I was sad when he was eliminated.   I liked the Korean Who Let the Dogs out group....quirky and fun but it looks like the routines are fairly similar...this one was better but still.   They do have great stage presence.

I wasn't feeling any of the duos.   The girl with epilepsy was really good.   Nothing made me cry like JLo.   

Ne-Yo, I’d love to know how a duel dance is different from a showcase dance. Shouldn’t the duel be about showcasing who you are as a dancer? 

On a personal note, I could never do said duels, as I never watch the dances that I’m competing against. I watch the floor or the wall, but never the dancers. And to have to watch them rehearse for a few days? Not gonna happen. 

• Love 1

I really thought the three guys in the first duel (I can't remember anybody's name) should have won, I thought they were much better, I also don't understand why Ne-Yo gave the Not-Eva-Igo girl in the final a score so much lower than Derek or JLo.

Upper division duels:

Spoiler

Jonathan y Jorge (90+91+91=90.7) vs Denise & Josh (89+92+89=90.0)

Derion & Madision (91+88+91=90.0) vs Derek Piquette (89+89+90=89.3)

Tobias and the EZTwins (90+83+89=87.3) vs. D’Angelo Brothers (89+90+90=89.7)

DD Flection (90+88+89=89.0) vs. Poppin John (91+92+91=91.3)

All Ready (92+93+92=92.3) vs. Briar Nolet (87+90+94=90.3)

Redemption:

Spoiler

Denise & Josh vs Briar Nolet

First things first - Derek was wearing a blue velvet tuxedo jacket without a shirt.

Upper division:

Jonathan y Jorge (90+91+91=90.7) vs Denise & Josh (89+92+89=90.0)
In the first round, Jonathan y Jorge had potential, but this routine was much cleaner, tighter, and stronger. Denise and Josh were the opposite for me - they were much better in the qualifiers with some interesting choreography and strong dance, but in this routine they slipped into the typical angsty contemporary routine. Based on tonight's dances, I would have kept Jonathan y Jorge.

Derion & Madison (91+88+91=90.0) vs Derek Piquette (89+89+90=89.3) 
Derion & Madison's opening was so strong. It was precise and interesting and beautiful to see. They lost steam about halfway through when they got to the side by side choreography. I think they squeaked by on the good will they garnered from the beginning of their routine. Derek's routine this week was so much better than the one from the qualifying round. He did some of the same tricks, but the choreography accented the music much better.

Tobias and the EZTwins (90+83+89=87.3) vs. D’Angelo Brothers (89+90+90=89.7)
I liked Tobias and the EZTwins in the qualifying round, but I wasn't super impressed with them. This routine was much better. It was clean, high energy, and fun to watch. It is hard to get an audience behind tap, but the D'Angelo brothers did a great job engaging the audience. They are clearly performers. Their routine was really entertaining and once again they managed to be really precise. They also listened to Derek's critique and included a section where you could really hear them tapping. This was one of the fun duels of the night because both groups found a way to do a little shout out to the other (without being assholes about it). The issue I had with Tobias and the EZTwins adding tap to their routine is that it went on for too long without being really great. It was fine, but not amazing so they should have cut that section down.

DD Flection (90+88+89=89.0) vs. Poppin John (91+92+91=91.3)
In the first found, I thought DD Flection was fine but nothing special. This routine was better - more wow moments for the judges, some quirky music, and some cool partner tricks. Poppin' John's routine showed how important it is to choreograph to the music. That was so entertaining to watch. I felt bad for this duel because it was the biggest mismatch in terms of two styles going head to head.

All Ready (92+93+92=92.3) vs. Briar Nolet (87+90+94=90.3)
After the first round, I wasn't sure if All Ready would be able to move on because I thought that they were more of a novelty for their fusion, but this routine was so fun! Like Ne-Yo, when I first heard "Who Let the Dogs Out," I was like oh noooooo, but they used it so well and made it so fun. I loved seeing them cheer for Briar too. I am a big fan of good sportsmanship so I feel like the least you can do is clap for your fellow competitors (I hate when we see the other team giving stink eye during a performance). Briar is a powerful contemporary dancer,, but I could tell from the judges' comments that she was going to lose. I didn't get Ne-Yo's comment about how it was a showcase piece instead of a duel piece. Did he want her to run to the edge of the stage and point at the other team?

Redemption: Denise & Josh vs Briar Nolet
Not even close.

• Love 3

"Basically, we picked them to duel because we knew we could beat them"

Then get beat. One time it was gratifying. Twice? You start to go "hmmm...." but every. single. duel? Every one? Every duel?

I call bullshit.

• Love 3

I’m with hnygrl, having every single higher scoring qualifier lose in the duels really feels like manipulation. 

I really started feeling bad for Derek during those interview clips. It’s like I could see his dream slipping away in real time.

Thankfully the D’Angelo brothers cheered me right back up. I realize it’s mostly due to English being their second language, but calling a broken nose and finger “very sad” in such a casual tone seemed like such an understatement. Also the need to clarify that they had red wine with dinner because of the meat entree. It’s so charming to me.

• Love 6
On 3/18/2019 at 6:25 AM, dmeets said:

Yes, apparently to Ne-Yo the duels must consist of lots of trashing the other team. I really hope he gets replaced as a judge next season.

I wouldn't mind if he got replaced. I was fine giving him a chance during S1 since he has a dance background and he was an unknown factor, but his comments to the dancers aren't very useful. Derek may be a showboat who takes every possible opportunity to get onstage with the contestants, but at least he gives them technical critiques and specific ways they can improve their performances.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Derek may be a showboat who takes every possible opportunity to get onstage with the contestants, but at least he gives them technical critiques and specific ways they can improve their performances.

Derek is a complete hot dog - but I kind of love him for it. He’s always so enthusiastic. 

I saw a commercial for his tour this summer. I’m not planning to go, but if you get any news as to who is backup dancers are, could you post it? I thought I saw Zack Everhart (SYTYCD and WoD), but it was so quick I’m not sure.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Babalu said:

I saw a commercial for his tour this summer. I’m not planning to go, but if you get any news as to who is backup dancers are, could you post it? I thought I saw Zack Everhart (SYTYCD and WoD), but it was so quick I’m not sure.

He posted a nice intro video and bio for each dancer on his Instagram, if you go there and scroll back a bit. Not Zack (who I think might have done one of his past tours?) but plenty of WoD faces: 

Charity (of WoD Charity & Andres) 
Daniella (of WoD Daniella & Pasha) 
Audrey Case (of WoD Royal Flux)
Alexis Warr (of WoD the Pulse) 

Jay Jay Dixonbey (of SYTYCD)
Peyton Albrecht (also in Royal Flux, apparently?)
Chase Haley Bowden (of WoD S1 Miami All Stars & S2 Embodiment)

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure we are all quite aware that Briar has been diagnosed with epilepsy. 

I understood the symbolism of her shaking hand in the dance.  Her being compelled to explain it made it less poignant.

Edited by kirklandia
Oops
  • Love 1

S3.E5: Duels 2

The Duels round continues with judges Jennifer Lopez, Derek Hough, NE-YO and a new twist of Redemption! In this round, the top qualifying acts from each division will choose a rival and face off in a head-to-head elimination duel. The judges will score each act based on their artistry, precision and athleticism, and the top scoring act from each duel will move forward in the competition. In Redemption, the two highest scoring eliminated acts have one final chance to compete for the last spot in the next round of the competition bringing them closer to winning a grand prize of $1 million.

Original air date: 03/24/2019

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo