Type keyword(s) to search

World Of Dance - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, suebee12 said:

ElectricBoogaloo, I know that you don't put the "play arrow" on the YouTube videos but Michael Dameski's is in a very interesting spot!

Hahaha, I could hear George Takei's signature "OH MY!" in my head when I went back to look!

Maybe this is subliminal advertising. JUST PRESS PLAY. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Well, they were introduced as hip hop.

But then again, this show seems to think that there are only really three styles of dance that matter (hip hop, ballroom, and contemporary)...so unless you are the token tapper, you probably shouldn't bother applying for WoD if you are outside those three.

Your forgot salsa, JLo's favorite and will always get extra points.  I haven't watched this week's show yet so no further comments.  Just wanted to be snarky about the show.

ETA - I guess salsa could be counted as part of ballroom.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, suebee12 said:

ElectricBoogaloo, I know that you don't put the "play arrow" on the YouTube videos but Michael Dameski's is in a very interesting spot!

Censored!  LOL

Thank you ElectricBoogaloo for posting the YT vids each week.  Thanks to you, I only had to watch them online and skip the "JLo, et al. Judges' Show."  After seeing last weeks' dance routines, I had no desire to watch the whole show on Hulu.  Will do the same this week.  So, thank you!

2 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Your forgot salsa, JLo's favorite and will always get extra points.  I haven't watched this week's show yet so no further comments.  Just wanted to be snarky about the show.

ETA - I guess salsa could be counted as part of ballroom.

Anything Latin is JLo's favorite and she always almost pees her pants with excitement about how much heart and soul the act brings to her beloved Latin culture.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hahaha, I could hear George Takei's signature "OH MY!" in my head when I went back to look!

Maybe this is subliminal advertising. JUST PRESS PLAY. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

I noticed that subliminal arrow right away, so thanks for someone else "pointing" it out. "Oh, my" indeed!

• Love 1

The only act I really liked was Michael Dameski.  The dance crew acts are blending together for me too.  I don't like hip hop music so it doesn't do anything for me.  I didn't really care for Josh & Taylor's chair act.  JLo getting into the act after Derek at the end was, again, trying to make the show about her.  I don't see what was so bad about LD Dance compared to the other groups to have been the ones sent home.

Eva Igo is exactly the same as last season, a whole lot of tricks, very little actual dance. I don't get why they seem to think she's so special, & the fact that she's back makes me think they're setting her up for the win.

They really should have planned it better because I am so sick of seeing Jenna Dewan in those same striped pants. Why didn't they have her change during the day?

• Love 12
(edited)

Expressenz - Junior Team (84+90+87=87)

Jonas and Ruby - Junior (85+87+82=84.7)

Lucas Marinetto - Junior (82+84+82=82.7)

The Bradas - Upper Team (86+92+85=87.7)

Poreotics - Upper Team (87+90+87=88)

Eva Igo - Junior (96+95+94=95)

• Love 1

It's always really obvious which contestants are competition dancers, but I will give Expressenz for being really clean. Having eight dancers do that many fouettes takes a lot of practice! I hate their name though. Hey, show, you know what I don't need? A spinning camera while the dancers are turning. FFS. And I love how the producers decided that I'd rather see J Lo holding her face in her hands than the dancers doing leaps. Seriously, you'd think that a show that's executive produced by dancers would tell the camera people not to do crap like that.

Awwww, little Ruby from SYTYCD is all grown up! Sorry, we're supposed to pretend that the kiddie season of SYTYCD never happened, right?

Tap does nothing for me so Lucas seemed okay but not great. I noticed that he never really smiled or had a facial expression that told me anything.

I wanted the Bradas to drop the bag. If you're going to use a prop, you need to make it really count. I was fine with having one of the guys do a somersault through the straps but after that it seemed extraneous. I feel like the show will keep them and the contemporary dancer from last week just because they're from New Zealand and Australia and they want this to be an international competition.

I found Poreotics more interesting than the Bradas, but then they lost me about halfway through their routine (around the part where they threw in the voguing).

I don't know what to say about Eva. She seems the same as last year but not as clean. She stumbled during one of her turns and she didn't seem quite as on.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, GaT said:

Eva Igo is exactly the same as last season, a whole lot of tricks, very little actual dance. I don't get why they seem to think she's so special, & the fact that she's back makes me think they're setting her up for the win.

I feel the same way.  It's more of a gymnastics or acro routine than a dance. I talk about this show with my physio, and she looooves Eva Igo. I don't get the love, but I keep myself quiet, as said physio keeps my aging body able to dance, so she can believe whatever she wants!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, GaT said:

So much this. I don't get her as a dancer at all. So she can put her leg over her head. Make her stop doing that and she's got nothing but a bad gymnastic floor routine. I don't see any dance coming out of her. The two contemporary boys who were on previously have her beat a zillion percent.

9 hours ago, GaT said:

They really should have planned it better because I am so sick of seeing Jenna Dewan in those same striped pants. Why didn't they have her change during the day?

At least everyone isn't changing clothes four times during one episode like they do on AGT. It's confusing. Plus Jenna looks better in those pants than JLo in her gaucho outfit. JMHO, of course!

I liked most of the dances this time, except Eva. And Expressenz can go home too. I liked Jonas and Ruby but I could hear Nigel in my head, telling Jonas to stop "pulling faces." Although the judges here loved it. It's odd that they were asked if they could do anything else while the other groups were not asked that. I wish someone would ask Eva if she can do anything else besides put her foot in the air over her head. The tap dancer I wasn't that into, but they sort of had to put him through, him being a tapper and all. He did have some good moves, so I guess he's good to last a couple episodes before getting sent home, sob story and all.

• Love 4

It would have been nice if the tap dancer had music which allowed you to hear what he was actually doing with his feet. And, it was nice to see someone who has actually gone to a dance school and studied dance. This show sucks, but I can't control myself. 

• Love 5

Agree with most of the posters here. I couldn't hear the tap dancer tapping at all, so what was the point? And Eva's a one-trick pony. An extremely flexible one-trick pony, but still.

I want to see the dancing, not the judges' faces during the performance.

It was quite funny to me that they felt it necessary to put subtitles on the screen when the guys from New Zealand were talking. They were speaking English, so.......????

• Love 6

So after another Oprah-like episode, we are up to where we've seen 26 total acts and we have 24 yes's and 2 (count'em) 2 no's. Just Hilty & Bosch and the Flamenco group.

Ruby Castro continues to impress me. She has a talent level and maturity in her dance that is way beyond her 14 years. In random speculation, I'm still wondering if she goes from WoD to being a teen pro on the Dancing w/ the Stars: Junior edition we are getting this fall...

The Braddas were pretty good, I liked their routine conceptually from beginning to end. I really thought either the tap kid or the Contemporary group from Indianapolis were going to be the sacrificial lambs tonight (one of the two or both) so I was pretty surprised they both were passed through to the next round.

Hey Poreotics, nice to see the ABDC pipeline continuing to help out this show lol.

I'm in the same camp that is beginning to think this entire season is just an exercise so that Eva can win the grand prize this time around.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

I'm in the same camp that is beginning to think this entire season is just an exercise so that Eva can win the grand prize this time around.

Good point. How does one go from being runner up last year to being eliminated this year. Which is what would happen if I were in charge. Heck, she wouldn't have made it past last night if I were judging.

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, GaT said:

Eva Igo is exactly the same as last season, a whole lot of tricks, very little actual dance.

10 hours ago, hula-la said:

I feel the same way.  It's more of a gymnastics or acro routine than a dance.

For me, the tricks distinguish themselves as "dance" when they're executed with musicality and precision. Like if someone's doing something that's very simple, but done with musicality and control, I think that'd be excellent dance. Same if someone's doing some sort of crazy contortion -- it's not the contortion itself but the way you execute it that can make it dance. 

That said, I think she did that better last year, and she was more "acro-routine" in this performance. 

17 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Tap does nothing for me so Lucas seemed okay but not great. I noticed that he never really smiled or had a facial expression that told me anything.

Saaaaame! The only tap I like is like, Fred Astaire/Gene Kelly tap. I get that you're supposed to "listen to it and not watch it" but if I just wanted to listen to percussion I'd just listen to drums, and I watch dance to watch it. And modern tappers tend to just look like people continuously almost falling over. 

5 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Ruby Castro continues to impress me. She has a talent level and maturity in her dance that is way beyond her 14 years. In random speculation, I'm still wondering if she goes from WoD to being a teen pro on the Dancing w/ the Stars: Junior edition we are getting this fall...

I think I read the DWTS Jr. age cutoff was around 13, and Ruby is "too old." They casted for "kids" and not "teens."

Edited by kitcloudkicker
  • Love 2

kitcloudkicker, I thought the 13 cutoff was for the actual kid "celebrities/stars". I'm pretty sure the junior pro's that they cast weren't held to that rigid of an upper age limit.

I also think it was confirmed on social media somewhere that Ruby was in the casting process along with Jensen (Lindsey's younger sister) and some other SYTYCD: Next Gen alum's. To me, if she's not a kid pro then DWTS:JR is seriously doing it wrong lol.

• Love 1

How many weeks of qualifiers are there, anyway? 

Of course everyone made it through. Ugh.

In the duels, who are they going to put the tap-dancer against if he's the only tapper?  It will be like comparing apples and oranges.

This show is like a car wreck--don't want to watch, but can't look away.

I agree with everyone who says that what Eva does isn't really dancing. The tricks are impressive, but where's the dance? 

Has anyone else noticed that JLo scores the hip-hop groups significantly higher than Ne-Yo or Derek do?

Jonas and Ruby--so many questions.  Ruby and her dad found a dancer they liked in Lithuania and just went and got him? Is he staying with her family? And why does Manny speak Spanish to them during training when neither of them understand him, but yet Manny does speak English? Why not coach them in the language they understand?

The Expressionz were good in their synchronicity, but I agree that it felt too much like a studio/recital dance. For a second there, I thought that the judges might actually send someone home.

• Love 5

Tinfoil hats on, fellow SYTYCD fans, please.  What is the reason that Jenna looks so much like Vanessa Hudgens?  I find it bizarre.  Especially because I don't think either of them are particularly watch-able.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, crowceilidh said:

Tinfoil hats on, fellow SYTYCD fans, please.  What is the reason that Jenna looks so much like Vanessa Hudgens?  I find it bizarre.  Especially because I don't think either of them are particularly watch-able.

Lol

• Love 2
18 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

kitcloudkicker, I thought the 13 cutoff was for the actual kid "celebrities/stars". I'm pretty sure the junior pro's that they cast weren't held to that rigid of an upper age limit.

I also think it was confirmed on social media somewhere that Ruby was in the casting process along with Jensen (Lindsey's younger sister) and some other SYTYCD: Next Gen alum's. To me, if she's not a kid pro then DWTS:JR is seriously doing it wrong lol.

As soon as they announced DWTS Jr., I figured Ruby or her brother would be one of the pros.  The dad likes to make sure they are on all the shows.   Her brother, D-Angelo and Amanda won Paula's Live To Dance and were in World of Dance last season.  Both of them were in a group in AGT.  Didn't see it but Ruby was so little.  Ruby was in SYTYCD Next Generation and World of Dance.  I think you're right that the 13 cutoff is for the contestants not the pros. 

I think Jensen is a little too old.  She is trying out for this season of SYTYCD.  Lindsay and Jensen have younger sisters that dance. 

No comments on this episode of WOD since I haven't watched it yet.

• Love 2
On 6/20/2018 at 6:42 AM, BuckeyeLou said:

This is shallow, but Eva's costume was so un-attractive, not flattering at all.  And I thought her routine seemed pretty much the same as last year.  

Shallow is good.  You wouldn't believe how shallow I can be.  I'm particularly judgmental about lipstick, lip color, lip gloss, but don't post my observations because no one really would care.  ;)  As for Eva's costume, it was reminiscent of her costumes last year.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:19 AM, nx74defiant said:

Having Eva back so soon makes me uncomfortable. I'm not sure where they are going with this. Is this her consolation prize? 

I was excited to see her back but her routine was just about the same as last year's but without the fancy sets.  I kind of agree that she's not really dancing dancing, but acrobatic move dancing.  She needs new tricks besides her leg up moves.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

She needs new tricks besides her leg up moves.

Maybe not new tricks but some dance moves.

I haven't followed/posted/read the SYTYCD thread for a long time, but I think that's where I learned the term "HMV*." That's all I can think about when Eva puts her leg up in the air so many freaking times.

*Here's my vagina.

• Love 1
On 6/20/2018 at 7:06 PM, kitcloudkicker said:

Saaaaame! The only tap I like is like, Fred Astaire/Gene Kelly tap. I get that you're supposed to "listen to it and not watch it" but if I just wanted to listen to percussion I'd just listen to drums, and I watch dance to watch it. And modern tappers tend to just look like people continuously almost falling over. 

This made me chuckle because it's true.

I thought Eva was robbed by this show and should have won over Les Twins, but I wish she hadn't come back this year. It's just more of the same and it seems the judges feel obligated to right their egregious error by scoring her ridiculously high and perhaps handing her the title. I wonder if the producers of the show reached out to her and asked her to come back for a similar arrangement to what I believe Les Twins had last year (if conspiracy theories are to be believed).

• Love 1
On 6/24/2018 at 1:36 PM, Rahul said:

This made me chuckle because it's true.

I thought Eva was robbed by this show and should have won over Les Twins, but I wish she hadn't come back this year. It's just more of the same and it seems the judges feel obligated to right their egregious error by scoring her ridiculously high and perhaps handing her the title. I wonder if the producers of the show reached out to her and asked her to come back for a similar arrangement to what I believe Les Twins had last year (if conspiracy theories are to be believed).

With the number of returning acts this season (or individuals returning with another person), I figured that the producers reached out to previous performers and asked them to come back. In regards to the bolded part, I haven't heard about this. What was the supposed arrangement with Les Twins? I'm not trying to question you or anything, I'd just like to know what you've heard. I'm used to producer manipulation on any talent shows, so nothing would surprise me.

For those keeping track, we are up to 30 successful acts out of 33 (sadly pours one out for the Afrobeat dancers).

#FreeMishella or at least let the poor 10 year old ballroom dancer girl say a sentence somewhere in their pre or post package... 

I enjoy some of the things the last group is able to create visually (I vaguely remember them from last year), but it just comes off as messy looking...especially when they have multiple guys doing the cheerleader base of the pyramid kind of stuff over and over.

Nobody else made too much of an impression except for Marissa & the Heartbreakers. To me if they can make it through basically doing about six total moves (although I will give her the rolled up contortion move, that was cool), the Flamenco group should've got the same treatment.

• Love 5
(edited)

Daniel & Mishella- Junior (80+87+81=82.7)

Madison Brown - Junior (84+88+89=87)

Silver Beat - Upper Team (80+77+79=78.7) ELIMINATED

Royal Flux - Upper Team (82+91+88=87)

Freshh - Junior (83+84+85=84)

Marissa and the Heartbreakers - Upper Team (83+86+82=83.7)

Embodiment - Upper Team (80+88+86=84.7)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

For those keeping track, we are up to 30 successful acts out of 33 (sadly pours one out for the Afrobeat dancers).

30 acts out of 33 made it through? Why even have qualifiers if most of the acts will make it through?

I liked Daniel & Mishella, knew Silver Beat wasn't going to make it (but how cute was that woman?), & got too much of an Eva Igo vibe from Madison Brown. I'm still on the fence with Marissa and the Heartbreakers, they do that thing that a lot of female groups do that I hate, the "aren't we sexy?" dancing, lots of hair flipping & booty shaking, they look like strippers who keep their clothes on. 

• Love 4

Daniel and Mishella were what I expect from little kids who are ballroom dancers. The were good but not outstanding. There was a little messiness and room for improvement, which is to be expected because they're only 10. The other problem was that their choreography was just average.

So what are the chances that Madison will be pitted against Eva in the head to head battles? If I had to choose between them, I'd rather see Madison because I've already seen what Eva can do and her routine this season looked the same as what she did last year.

I wanted more from Silver Beat, partly because it felt like most of their routine wasn't full out. They weren't totally marking, but it just seemed like they weren't hitting things at 100%.

Royal Flux had a great opening and some cool partner/stunt tricks, but I felt like they were just a little bit messy for a competition. Their choreography looks like it's super fun for the dancers to do because the transitions connect everything so well. I give credit to them being able to pull off that routine with the girl who fractured her foot the day of the taping. I don't know if they changed any of the choreography to accommodate her at the last minute or if she just powered through, but damn. It's one thing to dance on a strained or sprained foot but on a fresh fracture?

Freshh definitely deserved to go through to the nexgt round. They were so clean and synchronized with high energy (sometimes with high energy, the dancing can get sloppy). From a distance, I never would have guessed that they were a junior group. The other really great thing is that with hip hop, sometimes when people do the same choreography, they bring a different style to the same moves. These four had such similar styles which just made them look even cleaner in performance.

On a superficial note, I hate the name of Marissa and the Heartbreakers. It sounds like a girl band on a high school show on the CW. All of the booty shaking and hairography seemed like they were doing an old Pussycat Dolls video or a sexier NBA halftime routine. I agree with whichever judge said they are capable of more. They clearly have some dance skills so I'd like to see more than hair and booties.

Embodiment was a novelty because it's rare that we get an all male group that isn't hip hop, let alone that many guys in a group. I kept waiting for them to break out and impress me because they were pretty synchronized but they were let down by their choreography which didn't show off their skills as well as it could have.

• Love 6

I didn't pay much attention to the routines last night, and really only watched a couple. I didn't like JLo confirming to Ne-Yo that they both only remember two from last season and one was Iva Igo. Just a big NO to that, I can't stand her.

In other news, this:

8 hours ago, GaT said:

I'm still on the fence with Marissa and the Heartbreakers, they do that thing that a lot of female groups do that I hate, the "aren't we sexy?" dancing, lots of hair flipping & booty shaking, they look like strippers who keep their clothes on. 

I agree they looked like and danced like strippers. But all I could think of is so do the troupe dancers on DWTS. Whoever choreographs them makes them dress and dance like strippers too. Not that it makes Marissa and her Pussycats okay. Or the DWTS troupe. I'm just not in that demographic that fancies strippers.

Too bad that 10-year-old ballroom girl didn't resemble a wee JLo so she would have gotten as much screen time as Tiny Derek.

This ep is being rerun here tonight so maybe I'll try to watch closer and better.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, GaT said:

I'm still on the fence with Marissa and the Heartbreakers, they do that thing that a lot of female groups do that I hate, the "aren't we sexy?" dancing, lots of hair flipping & booty shaking, they look like strippers who keep their clothes on. 

34 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I agree they looked like and danced like strippers. But all I could think of is so do the troupe dancers on DWTS. Whoever choreographs them makes them dress and dance like strippers too. Not that it makes Marissa and her Pussycats okay. Or the DWTS troupe. I'm just not in that demographic that fancies strippers.

I REALLY didn't like Marissa and the Heartbreakers.  Yes, dancing in heels is hard but they relied way too much on their sexuality.  Way too much hairography and booty shaking.  I wonder if the ad for getting more dancers for the rest of the group stated that they had to all be brunette so that Marissa was the only blonde?  I was also distracted by how much I thought Marissa looked like a younger Christina Aguilera. 

8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Daniel and Mishella were what I expect from little kids who are ballroom dancers. The were good but not outstanding. There was a little messiness and room for improvement, which is to be expected because they're only 10. The other problem was that their choreography was just average.

So what are the chances that Madison will be pitted against Eva in the head to head battles? If I had to choose between them, I'd rather see Madison because I've already seen what Eva can do and her routine this season looked the same as what she did last year.

I wanted more from Silver Beat, partly because it felt like most of their routine wasn't full out. They weren't totally marking, but it just seemed like they weren't hitting things at 100%.

Freshh definitely deserved to go through to the nexgt round. They were so clean and synchronized with high energy (sometimes with high energy, the dancing can get sloppy). From a distance, I never would have guessed that they were a junior group. The other really great thing is that with hip hop, sometimes when people do the same choreography, they bring a different style to the same moves. These four had such similar styles which just made them look even cleaner in performance.

Embodiment was a novelty because it's rare that we get an all male group that isn't hip hop, let alone that many guys in a group. I kept waiting for them to break out and impress me because they were pretty synchronized but they were let down by their choreography which didn't show off their skills as well as it could have.

I thought Daniel and Mishella's choreography was really boring.  After seeing their routine, I was surprised at all of the competitions they'd said they won.  I know they're 10, but I just expected a little more.  They were mostly posing. 

There's no way that Madison would NOT be paired with Eva.  

I didn't like Silver Beat because I just felt it was way too slow.  

I agree about Freshh.  I actually like when dancers in crews bring a different style to the same moves, but I agree that this looked so clean it was refreshing. 

I liked Emodiment for the same reason that most of the all male groups are hip hop crews.  I liked how they would highlight a different dancer throughout the routine (unlike Marissa since that was obviously all about her).  I thought that the guy who knew JLo would be in the front and center the whole time, but it rotated out and I thought that was great. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, CDC said:

With the number of returning acts this season (or individuals returning with another person), I figured that the producers reached out to previous performers and asked them to come back. In regards to the bolded part, I haven't heard about this. What was the supposed arrangement with Les Twins? I'm not trying to question you or anything, I'd just like to know what you've heard. I'm used to producer manipulation on any talent shows, so nothing would surprise me.

The rumor was that Les Twins agreed to do the show with a guaranteed win.

Oh, I truly enjoyed Freshh and look forward to seeing them again.  Silver Beat had a very compelling back story and it's great that it got some exposure.  But, the lady (sorry, can't remember her name) looked almost pissed off with the critiques and when the judges didn't put them through.  It's hard to imagine that Silver Beat couldn't watch almost all the other qualifiers and see that they weren't as good as them.  Seeing Afrodance on the show was a welcome development, but I think there are probably better representations of the genre.

Marissa and the Heartbreakers confused me.  It seemed they were saying that dancing almost as good as other crews, but while wearing high heels, is what made their group exceptional.  Does that mean that if another crew wears stilts, and dances almost as good as Marissa's group, the stilt walkers win that battle?  As far as being all about the empowerment of women, I don't get how stripper choreography does that. 

• Love 4

So shocked that the group with the guy who worked with J-Lo got through.  lol  Okay, not surprised, and I actually liked them, but just a wee bit of bias there.  I ff through most of the judge crap...I cannot stand them.  I hate when the camera goes from the dancers dancing, which is WHY I watch the show, to the judges reacting.  They do that on SYTYCD too, and I hate it there as well.  So when do the Qualifiers end?

• Love 2

Embodiment has too many members in its current iteration. They need to either pare down the corps or get a better choreography for all of them to be showcased better.

Marissa and the Pussycats Heartbreakers were essentially strippers in heels and clothes. For all that ballyhoo about dancing in high heels, very little was done while standing erect. Most of their hairography was done while on their knees or rolling around on the floor. The lead does bare an uncanny resemblance to Christina Aguilera. 

I absolutely loved Freshh! What an aptly named group. They were the best act of the episode, hands down, and I could watch that number again and again and still be entertained.

Royal Flux was messy. I'm surprised the producers/medical staff/legal team allowed that girl to go on. Something is kind of fishy there. I think she should have been forced to sit out for her own safety. They could have attempted the routine without her or just come back next year.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, GaT said:

30 acts out of 33 made it through? Why even have qualifiers if most of the acts will make it through?

I've been wondering the same thing.

Random thoughts about this episode:

Same question as last week--how many more weeks of "qualifiers" are there? 

I call shenanigans on the guy who has danced for JLo being in this competition, although I did enjoy the group's performance.

I like Madison Brown better than Eva Igo. 

Not impressed with the Christina Aguilera look-alike or her team. That seemed like a dance appropriate for a strip club.

The 10-year-old ballroom dancers were cute, but I agree with the above poster that said they expected something better with them having won International competitions.

When Freshh didn't get an intro package, I thought they weren't going to make it. They will need to step it up for the next round, but I like their energy.

I'm surprised Royal Flux made it. First of all, I'm surprised that the girl with the broken foot went on--will she even be able to compete in the duels? Second of all, as others have said, the dance just looked messy.

Silver Beat. I admire what they are doing and their reason for doing it, but their dance wasn't up to this level of competition.

The judging tonight was all over the board, with, at one point, an 8-point difference between the high and low scores.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, marykat71702 said:

I'm surprised Royal Flux made it. First of all, I'm surprised that the girl with the broken foot went on--will she even be able to compete in the duels? Second of all, as others have said, the dance just looked messy.

I think the reason they made it was because the girl fractured her foot. How would the judges look if they didn't pass them through to the next round? They would definitely look bad.

• Love 2