Type keyword(s) to search

Good Girls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

How is Annie still working at that store? Not only because she just got busted for drugs, and would have been fired instantly, but because she has to work with the guy who not only is the one person who can bust her, but tried to rape her! Also, while Annie certainly is right to feel bad about sleeping with her married ex (its kind of a thing with Annie), it takes two to tango. She didnt have to sleep with her ex, or treat his new wife like crap, but she did and she does usually. 

Ruby's expressions when her daughter was getting the scared straight speech in the cell was both hilarious, and sad. She just looked so increasingly panicked and horrified. I can understand why her daughter got involved in this illicit fidget spinner operation, even if its a bad thing to do. She was teased for her whole life, but now she can be a cool kid. 

I think Beth and her hubbie are going to reconcile soon (she looked kinda pissed when Annie said he wasn't a good person), but oh my GOD thats going to go south when she realizes he was lying about having cancer. I see rebound sex with Rio coming in the near future. 

• Love 11

These are still women straggling the line between “hood life” and suburban life.  I can see them not wanting to take out an indirect threat like Mary Pat especially since  doing so would make young kid orphans.  The other guy is a more direct and immediate threat which would mean he would need  to be dealt with.

Dude if I was Annie I would have stripped down naked and brushed all my private parts on that couch.  Because I am petty.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 13

Only 2 episodes left! Any word on a renewal? It'll be interesting to see how episode 10 plays out. Will it play out in such a way that it seems to wrap things up with nothing left hanging, or will we be left with several shocking cliffhangers (and the show is cancelled, UGH!)?

• Love 5

I have learned that you can not watch this show with any expectation of realism. However, this is something that I am more than happy to do since I love the chemistry of the lead actresses. Also, it is a great release after a typical stressful Monday...I am more than happy to wander off to fantasy land.

I wish Annie would stop being such a fuck up all the time. Really, she thought the teenage drug dealer really wanted botox when he said "injectables"?

• Love 17
52 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I would send Rio after Mary Pat. He don't have to kill her but I bet he can stop her from blackmailing them

I was thinking the same thing.  He could scare the crap out of her to get her to stop. 

• Love 11

I see rebound sex with Rio coming in the near future. 

Ugh - just - no. I have been struggling to understand if the show is going to go there with Beth and Rio but if they are . . . ick. I mean, they've deliberately cast someone who IMO is utterly unappealing. Someone here tell me if they find this guy attractive or if they see "chemistry" between him and Beth. To me, they've gone out of their way to depict this character as the lowest of the low, a real thug. 

Maybe I've never noticed before, but what the hell is up with Annie's makeup? It looks like she set the makeup gun to whore. She's got dark blue sparkle eye shadow on and ruby red lips when she's cleaning out the urinals in the rest room and when she's sitting in her sister's kitchen drinking her morning coffee. She looks like she's made up to go out clubbing. Nancy doesn't have to worry about Annie's hair oil, there's far more danger of her getting glitter all over the white sofa.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Ugh - just - no. I have been struggling to understand if the show is going to go there with Beth and Rio but if they are . . . ick. I mean, they've deliberately cast someone who IMO is utterly unappealing. Someone here tell me if they find this guy attractive or if they see "chemistry" between him and Beth. To me, they've gone out of their way to depict this character as the lowest of the low, a real thug. 

Maybe I've never noticed before, but what the hell is up with Annie's makeup? It looks like she set the makeup gun to whore. She's got dark blue sparkle eye shadow on and ruby red lips when she's cleaning out the urinals in the rest room and when she's sitting in her sister's kitchen drinking her morning coffee. She looks like she's made up to go out clubbing. Nancy doesn't have to worry about Annie's hair oil, there's far more danger of her getting glitter all over the white sofa.

Sorry, but do you not see his bedroom eyes?  He has a cocky self assurance and machismo that would make me go weak in the knees!  He also makes Beth feel powerful.  Can you imagine how after Dean told her she was not able to get credit - Rio told her he was upping their washing money to 175K?  That is what is keeping the heat going.  The way he looks at her and makes her (and us vicariously) feel.  The lowlife THUGS work for him.  He is a businessman like Michael Corleone.

3 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I was thinking the same thing.  He could scare the crap out of her to get her to stop. 

I would send him after her too.  After all, she nearly got them KILLED by not doing the shopping.  If Rio didn't have a soft spot for Beth they probably would have been killed over that stunt.  Just think.  She is expecting $10,000 a month.  That is $120,000 a year for DOING NOTHING!  At least Annie, Beth and Ruby are shopping too.  Depending on the way things go, some of that will end up coming out of Rios pocket and he will not look kindly on that and neither should they.  They need to CLEAN HOUSE!

Edited by kpw801
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yes and yes. However, she's been one too many "BASIC BITCH" for my taste ergo the relationship borders on abusive. 

For who Annie is and what she does and her limited amount of money her makeup is realistic. If it was flawless and she was Kardashianed everyday it would be unrealistic. I disagree it's "whore makeup" because I don't know what that is .. I think all women should apply to their liking. I see so many women in what is considered low skilled/low paying jobs (toll booth, WalMart, corner store, fast food) with some interesting makeup choices. I wouldn't wear mine like that but it could just be a matter of wanting to feel pretty regardless of your employment circumstances. And a matter of what you can afford.

• Love 16
19 hours ago, fellini said:

It's not realistic for Annie to be still working at the grocery store after being busted for drugs in her locker.

Is it more realistic if she’s in a union? Tons of large chain grocery stores in states like mine have union workers, including checkout clerks. My college roommate worked at one of the big chains in NYC while she was in high school and got health benefits and paid vacation because her store was unionized. I think a union would have rules against firing at will and about keeping someone on until a case like that is adjudicated. And they’re in Michigan which is historically big on unions.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think Annie is going for "edgy" rather than "whore" but she's not very skillful at it. The bad bleach job and dark eyebrows aren't helping matters. As for the couch, Nancy actually said "hair oils" not "hair oil." Hair oil, singular, would mean she's using a hair product that's an oil. Hair oils, plural, means the oils her scalp produces, especially when going several days without washing her hair. Nancy was working a diss of Annie's hygiene into that comment.

• Love 10

I work for a large oil and gas company and even they give you an opportunity to seek treatment if you test positive for alcohol/drugs. If you're actually arrested for a non violent crime like drug possession I believe until you're actually given a fair trail and found guilty, you dont lose your job.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, kpw801 said:

Sorry, but do you not see his bedroom eyes?  He has a cocky self assurance and machismo that would make me go weak in the knees!  He also makes Beth feel powerful.  Can you imagine how after Dean told her she was not able to get credit - Rio told her he was upping their washing money to 175K?  That is what is keeping the heat going.  The way he looks at her and makes her (and us vicariously) feel.  The lowlife THUGS work for him.  He is a businessman like Michael Corleone.

Yesss.  I'm with you 100%.  He has some kind of smolder going on and I definitely dig it.  I had a mad crush on him when he was on Conviction and he's stepping it up a notch on this show.  I'm definitely picking up on a chemistry between him and Beth that I think is going to finally come to fruition by season end.    

Can someone please remind me of Annie's ex's wife's (wow - that's a lot of possessiveness) role at the spa? Is she a part owner?  She seemed pretty upset (granted - partly due to the hormones) over the robberies.  I wasn't sure if it was merely the hormones or if she was an owner, etc.  

They really need to sick Rio on Mary Pat.  He's the only one that can talk some sense into her AKA scare the shite out of her.  I cannot handle her much longer without some kind of retaliation.  

• Love 9

This is the episode where I am kind of agreeing with the viewers about Beth being like a 1950's housewife instead of a 2018 housewife. Does she really have to ask Dean how things affect her credit score? Also, she was really going to take out a loan to pay blackmail money to Mary Pat?  How would they get approved since they are in so much debt and she can not exactly tell them about her "earnings"?

I mean even college girls know about credit score and heck you can just google it if you are that confused.

• Love 6

I guess Beth letting Rio know about the rat will be her moral horizon line--if she tells him not only will he be back open for business, he might up their cut as a thank you. But then, a guy would be dead. I suppose it's difficult for me to feel too bad...he did choose a life of crime and he has to know the consequences of it (he's already been shot once...that we know about!). He knows what happens when you rat. If the Good Girls don't turn him over, somebody else will eventually.

They had Beth looking at that flyer for a silent auction...they're definitely gonna steal from that, right?

6 hours ago, kpw801 said:

I would send him after her too.  After all, she nearly got them KILLED by not doing the shopping.  If Rio didn't have a soft spot for Beth they probably would have been killed over that stunt.  Just think.  She is expecting $10,000 a month.  That is $120,000 a year for DOING NOTHING!  At least Annie, Beth and Ruby are shopping too.  Depending on the way things go, some of that will end up coming out of Rios pocket and he will not look kindly on that and neither should they.  They need to CLEAN HOUSE!

I think the bolded is what bothers me the most about her. We're all struggling, Mary Pat! But you gotta hustle! What the Good Girls are doing is illegal and wrong but at least they're doing something.

• Love 8

I'm a horrible person but I want Boomer and Mary Pat dealt with; they are both insufferable assholes.

If someone involves me in something shady my first in instinct would be to get as far away as possible not blackmail. Mary Pat showed her moral compass when she was collecting money for doing no work.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 17

A) I can't believe Shaggy Doo came through!

B) Ruby is a treasure. "And suddenly our little girl’s giving handies on the street for a fidget spinner!"

C) I started off this series thinking Annie was just irrationally bitter, but if that's how Nancy always treats her than I'd hate her guts too.

D) Just kill Mary Pat already.

Edited by incandescent
mixed up a name
  • Love 15

Maybe they'll unload the botox at the silent auction somehow but keep some profit?? Or that flyer gave Beth an idea to have botox parties. Are those still a thing? If so, maybe someone can work on Annie's eyebrows. They are creeping very close to unibrow territory.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Boofish said:

Yes and yes. However, she's been one too many "BASIC BITCH" for my taste ergo the relationship borders on abusive. 

For who Annie is and what she does and her limited amount of money her makeup is realistic. If it was flawless and she was Kardashianed everyday it would be unrealistic. I disagree it's "whore makeup" because I don't know what that is .. I think all women should apply to their liking. I see so many women in what is considered low skilled/low paying jobs (toll booth, WalMart, corner store, fast food) with some interesting makeup choices. I wouldn't wear mine like that but it could just be a matter of wanting to feel pretty regardless of your employment circumstances. And a matter of what you can afford.

And the amount of time they have. Annie's makeup would take minutes to apply - a quick swipe of glitter eyeliner on each eye and lipstick. It doesn't look like she wears foundation (I mean, I know she's made up to look like she doesn't wear foundation). She's a single mother with a shitty job; she doesn't have half an hour to beat her face each day.

I think Manny Montana is hot AF. Between the hotness and the fact that he gives Beth the only spark she's had in years, I can absolutely see why she's drawn to him. 

Why wasn't Dean's workout a clue that maybe the cancer thing isn't on the up and up? Shouldn't he be acting sick? Has he started "treatments" yet?

• Love 19
13 hours ago, Boofish said:

I'm a horrible person but I want Boomer and Mary Pat dealt with; they are both insufferable assholes.

Beth could easily say a few words to Mary Pat that would convince her that her situation could quickly turn from lucky to unlucky, especially since a guy really does want to kill her.

Someone pointed out that Rudy and Stan's house doesn't say "poor" and now that's beginning to bug me. I know houses are cheaper in Michigan, but that's a very nice house! I know crews don't like shooting on small sets but they could have filled it with cheap furniture and made it look a little worn down.

There are so many unrealistic things in this show that I sometimes miss important plot points because I have to shut down so much of my brain to enjoy it. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, rhys said:

Maybe they'll unload the botox at the silent auction somehow but keep some profit?? Or that flyer gave Beth an idea to have botox parties. Are those still a thing? If so, maybe someone can work on Annie's eyebrows. They are creeping very close to unibrow territory.

Dean already unloaded the botox to the doctor he's bribing to lie about his cancer, though when they showed the silent auction flyer it did cross my mind that they might try to sell it there before the reveal with Dean later on. That would have been interesting, and could have provided a subplot of Annie having to keep Nancy away from the auction or else she would know that the Good Girls had stolen the injectables.

• Love 3

I'm just loving all of your comments!

I agree that Christina is hatching some kind of plot regarding the silent auction, so I'm very curious.

I gave Dean's strenuous workout the side-eye as well.

I wonder if this show will get picked up for a second season. It seems kind of like a one and done to me. I don't know how long the writers can string along this type of storyline.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, grisgris said:

I wonder if this show will get picked up for a second season.

I'm super invested. I'll be so happy if they get a pickup. Also, Retta just wrote a book about how she's teetering on the edge of being really famous and I want so badly for it to come true for her.

I don't watch any hour long shows besides Crazy Ex GF and This is Us, so this isn't a show I thought I'd like. Not only do I like it, I have gotten my mother and cousin (who is painfully similar to Beth except hella lazier) to watch it as well. I could see people binge-ing it over summer and wanting more. 

Edited by BoogieBurns
added link for book
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

I'm super invested. I'll be so happy if they get a pickup. Also, Retta just wrote a book about how she's teetering on the edge of being really famous and I want so badly for it to come true for her.

I don't watch any hour long shows besides Crazy Ex GF and This is Us, so this isn't a show I thought I'd like. Not only do I like it, I have gotten my mother and cousin (who is painfully similar to Beth except hella lazier) to watch it as well. I could see people binge-ing it over summer and wanting more. 

So your mom launders money but doesn’t run it like a book club? ;)

2 hours ago, deaja said:

So your mom launders money but doesn’t run it like a book club? ;)

No, my cousin is the one who is like Beth. She launders money through the book club!

She's a stay at home mom with no idea of her credit score who stopped having a life of her own when she got married and pregnant. Then found out her husband was cheating and could not financially leave him. Plus he weaseled his way into moving back in the house through many lies. My cousin just hasn't gotten to the "making money" part of Beth's story. 

• Love 5

I liked the shout-out to dark magic k-cups. I follow Retta on Snapchat, and I thought it was cute how they worked her little dark magic song into the show. Lol

I want to like Mae Whitman’s character,  because I like her, but I can’t stand her. I don’t root for her at all.

I maybe could ship Beth and Rio, but he keeps referring to the women as bitches. I don’t find that attractive at all. 

Edited by Lithogirl
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I agree with those who think Mary Pat needs to be "handled".  First $10K was bit mich but OK -- once she turned into a monthly thing, I would have sicced Rio on her.

As they seemed to end the episode okay with sanctioning the hit of the drug dealer snitch I don't think it is that much of a difference of going after Mary Pat. However Rio might not be as willing to do the deed in her case

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Raja said:

As they seemed to end the episode okay with sanctioning the hit of the drug dealer snitch I don't think it is that much of a difference of going after Mary Pat. However Rio might not be as willing to do the deed in her case

I think Rio would at the very least stop Mary Pat from any further blackmail.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I think Rio would at the very least stop Mary Pat from any further blackmail.

Rio could be the illegal equivalent of a cease and desist letter from a lawyer. He could just scare her once and that would be the end of it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Rio could be the illegal equivalent of a cease and desist letter from a lawyer. He could just scare her once and that would be the end of it.

The Good Girls are not criminal masterminds. At the moment they think it is possible that Rio would actually go through with the kill instead of just sticking a  few guns in Mary Pat's face as he had on multiple occasions done to them.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Raja said:

The Good Girls are not criminal masterminds. At the moment they think it is possible that Rio would actually go through with the kill instead of just sticking a  few guns in Mary Pat's face as he had on multiple occasions done to them.

The last thing Rio wants during a shut-down is a "civilian" death that might be linked back to him.  But he would surely get Mary Pat to "cease and desist".

Edited by jhlipton
  • Love 4

Rio asks the women to complete a seemingly simple job so he can get the operation up and running, but Beth, Ruby, and Annie fear there may be more to the task than meets the eye. As the ladies’ long-simmering tensions with the gang leader boil over, Ruby learns that Sara has risen to the top of the transplant list.

How in the world is Ruby's husband part of the FBI task team. When the show started he was working security and just made a police officer. He made his first bust in this episode. Wouldn't they have more experiences officers instead of rookies be involved with the task team?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

How in the world is Ruby's husband part of the FBI task team. When the show started he was working security and just made a police officer. He made his first bust in this episode. Wouldn't they have more experiences officers instead of rookies be involved with the task team?

Every show has the rookie who can be used as a possible undercover who hasn't picked up cop instincts and mannerisms. But in this case I think it is just that he is in a small suburban police department without the thousands of officers available in a big city PD.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, kpw801 said:

Not what I expected. I can't believe Beth flipped like that. I thought something was going to happen with Mary Pat though. Mary Pat & Boomer HAVE TO GO!

Yeah, they should've been dealt with a long time ago, Mary is obviously not going to stop blackmailing them and Boomer isn't going to stop causing them troubles.

• Love 11

I've about had it with Mary Pat. She needs to be dealt with. I am sad that Rio isn't going to be working with them anymore. I like that dynamic. And I am happy it looks like Ruby tells Stan. I hope he can forgive her.

• Love 10

So this has been bugging me since the plot line was introduced.  Why don't they just tell Mary Pat that they're involved with some bad people who wouldn't think twice about killing her and her family so she should walk away while she can and forget about the money?  I just don't understand why they don't level with her because I feel like that would solve the problem.  When she first brought up that they'd gotten her involved in something shady, why didn't they agree and go, "Yeah, we've fallen in with some shady people and if they find out who you are, they're going to murder you so just walk away and keep your mouth shut."   Seems to me that would have been easier (and more effective) then what they're doing now.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, rhys said:

I got a new water heater within the last year. Mine was about $900. Not $8000. Mary Pat's must be lined in gold.

I live in a cheap townhouse and the only thing the builder splurged on was the water heater for some reason. When it broke it cost 2,500 to replace and I got a bottom tier one. I can imagine in an old house with gas set-up could cost some serious money especially if they had to replace pipes, etc. as well. 

• Love 1

Mary Pat and Boomer have got to GO. Maybe I've just been drinking this shows kool-aide, but I kind of want Rio to take care of Mary Pat. or maybe just scare her so she doesn't die, but leaves the others alone. And Boomer clearly needs to be gone. The dude is just nasty, and every scene with him makes me want to take a shower. Its really a testament to the acting on the show that I can see Mary Pat as the villain and can root for the heroes to get rid of her. 

Beth's husband building her a place to hide her loot is kind of hilarious, and almost sweet, in a weird way. Of course, I know that he`s faking cancer which is one of the things driving her to do this dangerous stuff, so...

I hope Stan will forgive Ruby, they're such a cute couple, and they're the only happy family on this whole show!

• Love 14

I just adore this show.  I've just started watching, so, I'm not that familiar with the background, but, it's so amusing.  It sort of gives me that Weeds vibe, if you ever watched that on Showtime.

I'm assuming that each lady has desperate need for money that led them into the criminal element.

I had to google last night to confirm the year of Hot in Here (Nelly).  OMG, I recall that well.  Brought back lots of partying memories. 

• Love 5

I can’t believe next week is the season finale! I don’t see how they’re going to tie it all up. Annie’s criminal case and custody case, Beth’s husband and his fake cancer, and Ruby’s daughter’s surgery- plus all the crime related stuff!

Mary Pat and Boomer need to die.

I rolled my eyes hard at the ending. Saying “we’re good people!” repeatedly when you’ve robbed a store, laundered counterfeit money, robbed an old woman, gotten others to launder money for you- you’re not a good person. You got in over your head in your fancy house and didn’t want to give it up. Annie also didn’t have some big altruistic reason for the theft. Ruby was trying to save her daughter, but even then, their expected haul would have only covered one month of medication, so I don’t see her long term plan.

I thought when you receive a donated organ you have a good 10 minutes to get to the hospital. You don't have time to go rob a store to get the money.  And I love Ruby but I have to wonder with all the money they did make, why not put some to the side for this knowing it was a possibility. They were getting 12% of $750,000 minus whatever they were paying the people to shop split 3 ways. About $90,000 minus overhead each of them should have least cleared about $20,000 each plus whatever they made the 2 other times they did it alone. But I guess Mary Pat put a dent in that. I want to figure out the grand total that each of them should have cleared.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 3

Ruby and her family are so cute. The little boy in particular is absolutely adorable. And when Ruby and Stan were high and she asked him about the truck and he paused for a long time and then said "A'ight, so ..." I fell out.

Ruby was drinking out of an "Aunt Ruby" mug at one point. It was sweet.

I assume they're not going to get to Dean's fake cancer; my guess is the next episode will focus on them trying to put Rio in prison.

• Love 8