Type keyword(s) to search

Good Girls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

When Ruby and Stan were at the fancy restaurant talking about treating themselves, was anyone else hoping Aziz Ansari would show up? Treat Yo Self!

I wanted to slap everyone for their conspicuous consumption. I'm surprised only one of their recruits figured out that the "mystery shopper" concept was shady.

Stan being on the team that's after Rio's gang has good storyline potential, though Stan doesn't seem to have the instincts of a cop. He bought that the church lady donated $10k to their daughter's GoFundMe, and now he's buying that Ruby, with no professional/business experience other than waiting tables, has come up with a business model where she's made five figures in a matter of weeks. A real cop would have asked a lot more questions.

I had a feeling Annie and Greg still had a thing for each other when they were so chummy at Sadie's debate contest a couple of episodes ago, and tonight when he walked into her apartment, I knew they'd end up sleeping together. This will not end well for Annie. Greg will probably feel guilty that he cheated on his wife and it'll make him double down on the custody battle.

• Love 10

Rio really needs to reevaluate how he deals with inter-company conflict. His first idea is always to threaten people with guns and start going on about how they're screwing him over. Very short sighted, Rio. You should talk to HR about how to deal with these issues in a more productive way. 

Allison Tolma is everywhere! First I see her on B99, and now she shows up here. She could be an interesting reoccurring character, and it might be nice to have a villain who isnt a total dick. 

I figured that Annie and Greg would hook up. I would like to know a bit more about their relationship. I assume they were a high school romance, but it seems like things ended badly, considering how bitter Annie is towards him. Of course, Annie is just generally kind of bitter, so who knows?

Ruby and Stan are still the best. "That grape is more traveled than I am."

• Love 12

BEcause I love the actresses I will put up with a lot, but they'd sure sell me the idea of their need better if they didn't waste money the moment they got it. I hate the idea of people throwing away cash on dumb things instead of saving for the future. They don't know this is going to last. it's like music or movie stars who think they're going to be rich and famous forever.

How many stores are in their area that they believe they can carry on their return scam for very long? And who would think it a good idea to have twenty-some strangers involved? That's just nuts (ahem, I mean poor writing). I think all of this will be very difficult for the writers to sustain for long. I predict it will get even more outlandish beyond what I can bear. If the trio of actresses weren't some of my favs and so good at selling it, I would not be hanging on.

• Love 10

Why did they title this episode after the grossest minute of the entire hour? Yuck. I'm dry heaving just thinking about that bandaid.

I hate when people at jewelry stores ask if the husband (or boyfriend) wants to come back and buy it for the lady. It's so insulting. It has happened to me basically every time I have been in a place that sells jewelry nicer than Kohls. Big mistake. Huge.

10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Stan doesn't seem to have the instincts of a cop. He bought that the church lady donated $10k to their daughter's GoFundMe, and now he's buying that Ruby, with no professional/business experience other than waiting tables, has come up with a business model where she's made five figures in a matter of weeks. A real cop would have asked a lot more questions.

Actually, I think the fact that he isn't asking is proof that he's a good cop and a good husband. He has found a way to not have to lie. He just pretends to believe her so their daughter can stay healthy. The more he knows, the worse things will be for him as a cop. Every cop I've known personally has had the "you know what, don't tell me" reaction to questionable circumstances. What's he gonna do? Arrest his wife and risk his kid dying?

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 7
On 3/27/2018 at 12:34 PM, iMonrey said:

Does Beth actually have the hots for Rio? Maybe it's just me but I'd never sleep with a guy who had a giant eagle tattoo across his entire neck. Plus he's a violent criminal - where's the attraction? Just the danger? I don't find the actor/character believably appealing. 

He's like really sexy. But also the danger. 

On 4/2/2018 at 9:04 PM, sab85 said:

It could be because he looks at her like he wants to throw her on the table right there. If her sex life has dried up having someone lusting after you could be very appealing.

Also this.

• Love 5

Did they not vet any of the book club women? For all they knew one of them could've been with law enforcement.

Throwing money around, especially large amounts of cash if you don't look rich, is a good way to attract all kinds of good and bad attention. Not smart, good girls.

I'm sort of glad Annie slept with her ex instead of letting him drive home drunk.

Ruh roh, the danger is coming from inside the house! Retta Ruby's house specifically now that her husband's on the task force to hunt down the money-laundering operation. Nice plot twist.

I've heard that bandaid story somewhere before. Like maybe on the Sopranos or in one of those mafia movies like Goodfellas? Hmm.

Big mistake. Huge.

Heh, that scene at the suit shop with Annie and Sadie was almost giving me a Pretty Woman vibe.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did they not vet any of the book club women? For all they knew one of them could've been with law enforcement.

Throwing money around, especially large amounts of cash if you don't look rich, is a good way to attract all kinds of good and bad attention. Not smart, good girls.

I'm sort of glad Annie slept with her ex instead of letting him drive home drunk.

Ruh roh, the danger is coming from inside the house! Retta's house specifically now that her husband's on the task force to hunt down the money-laundering operation. Nice plot twist.

I've heard that bandaid story somewhere before. Like maybe on the Sopranos or in one of those mafia movies like Goodfellas? Hmm.

Heh, that scene at the suit shop with Annie and Sadie was almost giving me a Pretty Woman vibe.

To be fair, I've known very wealthy people who don't "look rich." Bill Gates is so rich that he doesn't know how much stuff costs at the grocery store, but he wore a pretty basic sweater and slacks on Ellen. Ruby and Stan dressed up for their night out (I liked Retta's sequins) so maybe they DID "look rich" to the restaurant staff. I remember helping a few friends shop for wedding gowns in high-end stores (Vera Wang, Kleinfeld's) and dressing up to do so, but not all the other clients in the store were dressed up. At all.

Of the three "treat yourself" purchases, the one that gave me the most pause was Annie - an 11-year-old (male or female) doesn't need a men's suit. That's a purchase that's going to raise eyebrows, not just because of how much it is but because it's unusual to see a woman and a girl shopping for a men's suit for the girl. Take her to the kids' section. An $1100 jewelry splurge once in a while isn't huge (maybe the husband had a good few months at the dealership, you know?) And a nice dinner out for a couple who never goes out is also not ostentatious. For these particular women, who are on the record as having money troubles, especially Beth, it's a bad idea, although I can understand the impulse. When I found a new job after a couple of months unemployed after a layoff, I got current and then bought a new pair of shoes. It felt good to buy something new after not being able to.

... It really was stupid to bring in these other women.

• Love 4

I didn't think any of the purchases were outlandish including the suit. Parents put aside money all the time for kids special occasions (dances, graduation) and spend more money than they normally would on clothes. The $10,000 medication, iPhones and car were more of a red flag to me

I was putting money on the person scamming them was the same goofy guy who got the stuff stolen last week.

I would have just walked out on the blackmailing lady who lived in a shoe. She had no proof and she turned in the money she had. Tell her if she called the police they would say she knew it was counterfeit as well; she is part of the gang. That would have shut her up. They have more evidence against her because she has turned in surveys and money before. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, chocolatine said:

When Ruby and Stan were at the fancy restaurant talking about treating themselves, was anyone else hoping Aziz Ansari would show up? Treat Yo Self!

Immediately!  

14 hours ago, pivot said:

I love this show so much. I know it is absurd but the 3 actresses sell it. I need them to shut down the widow though. 

I agree.  It's only the actresses that's keeping me watching this show.  

That employee sure picked up quick on the faux pas and then was like a dog with a bone.  The nerve of her, really.  If I were in that situation I wouldn't think to shake them down because if they were doing something shady I'd be worried about what they would do to me.  For her to expect $10,000 a month?  That's insane.  She should've aimed a little lower if it were to be monthly, 

• Love 9

How many stores are in their area that they believe they can carry on their return scam for very long? And who would think it a good idea to have twenty-some strangers involved? That's just nuts (ahem, I mean poor writing). I think all of this will be very difficult for the writers to sustain for long. I predict it will get even more outlandish beyond what I can bear. If the trio of actresses weren't some of my favs and so good at selling it, I would not be hanging on.

Yeah - it seems to me the writers should be putting a little more effort into making all of this somewhat believable. There has to be a more realistic way for them to launder this money. Plus the mixed signals Ruby is giving her husband are making him look stupid. First they blow money on some pretentious restaurant that serves a single grape as an "amuse bouche" and joke about needing to go for pizza after (why not just flush your money down the toilet?) then she flips out because he got a couple of hockey (?) tickets. 

It's so weird for me to have animosity towards Allison Tolman but I just want the ladies to have Rio take her out. Then again, they're acting like such idiots, maybe Mary Pat should be running the whole thing instead of them.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I didn't think any of the purchases were outlandish including the suit. Parents put aside money all the time for kids special occasions (dances, graduation) and spend more money than they normally would on clothes. The $10,000 medication, iPhones and car were more of a red flag to me

I was putting money on the person scamming them was the same goofy guy who got the stuff stolen last week.

I would have just walked out on the blackmailing lady who lived in a shoe. She had no proof and she turned in the money she had. Tell her if she called the police they would say she knew it was counterfeit as well; she is part of the gang. That would have shut her up. They have more evidence against her because she has turned in surveys and money before. 

*dead* Not a shoe though! 

• Love 2

To be fair, I've known very wealthy people who don't "look rich." Bill Gates is so rich that he doesn't know how much stuff costs at the grocery store, but he wore a pretty basic sweater and slacks on Ellen. Ruby and Stan dressed up for their night out (I liked Retta's sequins) so maybe they DID "look rich" to the restaurant staff. I remember helping a few friends shop for wedding gowns in high-end stores (Vera Wang, Kleinfeld's) and dressing up to do so, but not all the other clients in the store were dressed up. At all.

It wasn't simply the shopping while not looking rich I saw as the problem, it was the thousand-dollar purchases with cash. I think that would tend raise eyebrows since people generally use credit cards and mobile payment apps now. Just carrying around thousands of dollars is questionable unless you live in a very safe area, are a rap or hip-hop artist, and/or travel with bodyguards. These women should at least have cover stories for why they're shopping with that much cash.

• Love 3

If I was Ruby after that "yeah but I'm blood" comment - I would cut my loses and be out. Crap hit the fan (and it will) it's 2 against 1. I wouldn't be a criminal with 2 people who had that type of bond and that comment proved I'm right.  Although I wouldn't be a criminal with anyone but you get the point. The two of them are ALWAYS the ones who are putting the operation in a tough spot.

• Love 12
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Big box stores pay their employees waaaayyyy below a living wage, to the point that full time employees need either food stamps, a second job, or both just to keep their heads above water. Meanwhile, the suits are millionaires. Is it any surprise a fair number of them will return merchandise regardless of it’s condition simply because they can’t muster up the energy to give a damn?

I have to stand up for the object of my superstore affection, Costco.   I used to dig around online and research Costco because I was so impressed with their policies, for the customers and for the employees.  Costco workers got hours, wages, and benefits, including health insurance.  There was extremely low turnover.

I'm using past tense conditionally because the CEO who insisted on all these things recently died.  It will be interesting to see what happens.  I've heard that Sam Walton's original concept for Walmart was totally corrupted by his heirs after his death.

So, I made my little speech and I guess I'm leaving now.  I only like Ruby and I dislike Annie more than I like Ruby.

Edited by candall
  • Love 1

These plots don't seem to be very well thought out, to put it kindly. The Retta 'bandage in the sauce' for example. What kind of sad sack would go along with stirring some greasy old sauce with her bare arm, just because the spoon/paddle broke?? Even if the owner is so cheap he won't replace the paddle, and even if the employee (wasn't she a waitress, why is she cooking?) didn't want to quit for some reason, wouldn't you spend $10 or something at a restaurant supply store and get your own paddle?! Stupid. It's like the writer had the 'bandage in the sauce' scene and built this clumsy background story to use it.

I am watching for this great cast, but I switched to House Hunters International halfway through because this annoyed me so much.

• Love 11

That bandaid story was repulsive. Not just the bandaid. The bare arm in the sauce. Plus she had an open wound on her hand. And it made no sense that someone wouldn’t go pick up a spoon of some sort.  Spoons aren’t that expensive.

• Love 5
On 4/3/2018 at 9:57 AM, nilyank said:

He should be suspicious already that she has made over $20,000 in cash over a few weeks in this new business of secret shopping. Come on, he is suppose to be a cop and no one is making that much money in cash.

I have a question about Rio's counterfeit scheme? How is he getting away with it. Did he rob the US mint in order to print his own money. His fake money is able to fool the marker and the machines. I have worked several years in the banking industry and I was able to tell what was fake money from real money. US currency is made of a special material than regular paper and it feels different. Anyone who handles a high volume in cash is going to notice the difference especially if they compare real cash against fake cash by touching both. It is extremely obvious. And we are to assume that they buy all these high end materials hundreds of fake money.

The stores would eventually realize that they have been receiving hundred of thousands dollars in fake currency. Especially when they made their deposits at the banks. Are we to also assume that the banks won't be able to tell the difference. 

It would have made more sense if the ladies were actually laundering real money obtain from Rio's other illicit businesses than this so-called super counterfeit money.

I wonder if they are going to use the car dealership in order to wash the money now that the husband has stumbled into the truth.

I think in order to sustain the money laundering storyline, they HAVE to take over the used car business at some point.

I'm thinking it was never fake money and Rio just rolled with this explanation without fully explaining his business.

Edited by Noirprncess
  • Love 2

Oof, I hope the blackmail lady gets what's coming to her. Is this topsy turvy world of moral relativism, is she any worse than the three leads? Maybe not, but at least they're putting in some serious hours to run this scam. She just wants the money dropped off to her for nothing? Fuck that noise. Also, even if this was a legit operation, she was apparently expecting to be paid without doing any of the work. That's not how this shit works, Mary Pat!

When are Rio and Beth going to bone? It's killing me.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, helenamonster said:

When are Rio and Beth going to bone? It's killing me.

Aside from these three actresses being absolute top-shelf talent, the chemistry between Christina Hendricks and Manny Montana is absolutely explosive and so taut. It's what's keeping me tuned in as well. The back and forth between them is some kind of foreplay because you can tell they're both intrigued, and it's not necessarily sexual (oh but it is). For the first time, Beth is exerting her agency, it's about choice -- no matter how terrible her decisions are -- she is fully in a position of making them of her own volition and she doesn't have to answer to her husband. She feels like she's on some even playing field with Rio (even when she's really not), and his interest is clearly piqued by her always meeting him chin to chin. It's really fun to watch. 

Edited by tongueincheek
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Lithogirl said:

That bandaid story was repulsive. Not just the bandaid. The bare arm in the sauce. Plus she had an open wound on her hand. And it made no sense that someone wouldn’t go pick up a spoon of some sort.  Spoons aren’t that expensive.

At the very least she could have used her other arm that, I dunno, *didn’t* have a bandaid, but why should these people start using logic now? That scene played it off like I was supposed to feel sorry for Ruby but it’s hard to sympathize with these characters when the writers seem to intentionally have them make poor decisions.

A poster in another episode thread questioned how they could keep this scheme up and reliably know that the money they were getting back from their returns was clean, and now they’re really stretching the credibility by hiring 30 women to help them make the returns. Even if they gave each woman a specific store to hit up, they have no way of tracking the counterfeit money as it comes in and out of the stores (nor have they seemingly done any research into when money exchanges happen at each store). And it’s clear from the Mary Pat situation that they’ve done little planning into their scheme beyond the basics. They didn’t even go far enough to come up with a business name for ‘Corporate’!

One last gripe: They’ve set it up more than once that Beth is great at whipping up a lie on the spot and selling it with conviction, and yet in the one moment when it really counted with Mary Pat, Beth is conveniently at a loss for words. I would have maybe liked the scene a bit better if she had tried to sell Mary Pat on some big lie and intimidated her like she’s done with others in the past, but have Mary Pat not buy into it. Would have made for better character continuity to me and made Mary Pat more of a threat, because as someone said up thread, really, what does she know or really have on them? 

I’m nitpicking now, but when this show continuously makes you raise your eyebrow all these little things start to be come more apparent and harder to brush off (but makes for an engaging discussion in this forum!).

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Rahul said:

Since when is 14k gold high end? You won't find anything less than 22k gold in an Indian jewelry shop.

From a lifetime of watching TV while growing up I got to the wedding preparation phase of my life thinking that 14kt was the gold standard.

• Love 2

With over twenty people going out purchasing things whenever they want at stores all over the area, how were they able to follow every single one of them in one van to make sure they were doing their jobs?

1 hour ago, scowl said:

With over twenty people going out purchasing things whenever they want at stores all over the area, how were they able to follow every single one of them in one van to make sure they were doing their jobs?

For the stakeout they all had orders to make a specific purchase at that location 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Raja said:

For the stakeout they all had orders to make a specific purchase at that location 

And the cheater didn't take that as a hint that the jig was up! 

I’m nitpicking now, but when this show continuously makes you raise your eyebrow all these little things start to be come more apparent and harder to brush off (but makes for an engaging discussion in this forum!).

They aren't little things - that's the problem. I'm trying to work out the logistics of this scheme. They have 30 women doing this shopping, right? Let's say there are 30 big box stores in the driveable area. Each shopper spends $20K on big ticket items. Do they return to the same store or return them to some other store? Surely the store requires them to return items to the same store they were purchased from. Even if not, how many times can they go back to the same store and return $20K worth of merchandise for cash? (And would a big box store even give you cash for $20K worth of returned merchandise? Would they even have that much in the till?) I mean, even if the women rotate from one store to another, they are eventually going to run out of stores pretty quickly. Women constantly coming in with $20K worth of merchandise and asking for cash is going to raise suspicions. 

This whole plan just doesn't seem workable when you break it down.

I could see a more realistic alternative if they were buying big ticket items like cars with the cash, then turning around and selling them to private individuals. Of course, they would have to take a loss with each transaction since nobody is going to buy a car from an individual for the sticker price, even if it's brand spanking new. Still, since the money is counterfeit anyway, what is really lost in terms of profits? If you got $20K in real money out of $30K of fake money, isn't that more or less pure profit anyway, minus whatever it cost to print the fake money?

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I could see a more realistic alternative if they were buying big ticket items like cars with the cash, then turning around and selling them to private individuals. Of course, they would have to take a loss with each transaction since nobody is going to buy a car from an individual for the sticker price, even if it's brand spanking new. Still, since the money is counterfeit anyway, what is really lost in terms of profits? If you got $20K in real money out of $30K of fake money, isn't that more or less pure profit anyway, minus whatever it cost to print the fake money?

Yes, at first it sounded like it was going to be a Craig's List or eBay type scam. Surely even Cloud 9's management would wonder about the sudden jump in returns at their stores in Michigan. 

• Love 5

He should be suspicious already that she has made over $20,000 in cash over a few weeks in this new business of secret shopping. Come on, he is suppose to be a cop and no one is making that much money in cash.

This.  The only way this makes sense is if we find out later that he knew she was lying, but played alone.  If my waitress spouse suddenly brought home $20,000.00 in cash from a "secret shopper" job that she claimed to have only had a few weeks, I'd presume the money was either stolen, or she started selling drugs. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Boofish said:

Since they are paying cash I really dont understand why there isn't a team that buys and a team that returns. 

Do they have to show ID to prove that they are the person who purchased the items? Not to suggest this system would work in real life.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, scowl said:

Do they have to show ID to prove that they are the person who purchased the items? Not to suggest this system would work in real life.

How would they know from a cash receipt? You can't trace that like a debit card. The only times I'm asked for I.D. for a return is if I don't have a receipt

• Love 1

I love the show.  Love the actresses.  Can't understand why Annie continued to work at the store after Boomer tried to rape her.  His hostility would have driven me away.  I don't think she could have foreseen the drug setup but she should have gotten out of there especially when Marion showed up at the store. 

Edited by kpw801
more thoughts
  • Love 5

How would they know from a cash receipt? You can't trace that like a debit card. The only times I'm asked for I.D. for a return is if I don't have a receipt

Some stores like Home Depot and Best Buy require you to furnish an ID even with receipt. I know Home Depot has a policy of asking for ID if you purchased an item with store credit, which is super annoying because it can become an endless cycle of scanning your license if you happen to return said item (for store credit). That being said, I'm surprised these women are able to make such large returns without receipts for cash. It would raise flags at most retailers, and they'd likely be getting merchandise credit instead of cold hard cash.

• Love 2

They ask for your ID so they know where to mail the refund check. Oops, sorry, I was thinking "real world" again. 

• Love 1
On 4/10/2018 at 8:06 AM, BonnieD said:

This is exactly my thought, as well. I saw from the beginning their crimes would have to get progressively worse - à la Breaking Bad or Weeds - but I feel they are throwing in too much too quickly to sustain. Perhaps the writers have a master plan, but expanding the circle of people who are involved so quickly seems a recipe that can only end in disaster. I can suspend belief a bit because I still find it entertaining, but it's tough to believe things like - in the previous episode, the dumb guy lost $200k worth of stuff. I thought they were only laundering $500k, and they had, what, a dozen people there? Why would one guy get $200k of it? And seriously, as others have said, if you're buying that much stuff it wouldn't be that easy to return for cash over and over and over. Obviously this has to give pretty soon.

Edited by Lunula

They ask for your ID so they know where to mail the refund check. Oops, sorry, I was thinking "real world" again. 

I've never been asked for ID at Home Depot when returning things. But then I've always paid with credit/debit card, and the refund is directly applied to my card. I've never asked for cash. And I maintain most stores would refuse to refund tens of thousands of dollars in cash. Even big stores that take in that kind of cash make regular deposits so they never have too much in the till. They'd have to call for a manager, at least, and it would turn into a huge spectacle because that's a pretty bizarre request.

• Love 3
On 3/18/2018 at 11:06 PM, Neurochick said:

Not okay people to me, more like stuck up pricks.  He knows how much she loves her daughter?  Why try to take her away?  That's just vindictive to me.  Have your own kids with your new gf asshole.

The way I see it is that at 17 he left the day to day raising of Sadie to Annie while he went off to live the life of a mostly childless single man. He probably finished school and went to college without having to worry about the practicalities of raising a baby/toddler/preschooler. He went into his career without worries about childcare or ever having to go to work after a night awake with a sick kid. He didn't have to come home from work and help Sadie with her homework or get her to playdates and after school activities. He was free to work late, schmooze clients if necessary, spend time working his way up the career ladder while meeting and marrying an equally ambitious woman with the same potential for wealth.

Meanwhile Annie is stuck in whatever low skilled badly paid work she can find with hours that allow her to be there for her daughter. She sacrificed her own career and wealth potential to raise Sadie and looking at the state of her car and home, it doesn't seem at all as if her ex pays maintenance commensurate with his current income. He even has the audacity to berate her for being at work at night when he only has the wealth he does because Annie took all of the hits of single parenthood for the last 11 years. Now that he has benefitted from her sacrifice he thinks he can waltz in and take the child that she gave up her youth to raise? And he has already stated his intention of taking custody of Sadie because Annie won't make her conform to society's idea of what a pre teen girl should be. He's a complete hypocritical asshole.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

in the previous episode, the dumb guy lost $200k worth of stuff

Pretty sure it was $20K, not $200K.

Re. plot holes: once again, as with the bandage story, it's like the writer can't be bothered to think about how this would work in real life. I can shrug away this kind of failure of logic after a show has been on for years and the writers are grasping at straws to come up with a twist, etc, but it's only been-what, 5 episodes? There are too many holes to ignore, for me. Definitely intrudes into my enjoyment of the acting.

• Love 1
On 4/13/2018 at 8:45 AM, sempervivum said:

Re. plot holes: once again, as with the bandage story, it's like the writer can't be bothered to think about how this would work in real life. 

Once she said she had to stir a 55 gallon drum with her arm, I figured the writers were revealing that she has some kind of mental disability. You can buy a new paddle for $8 (or on sale at Amazon for $4.25 at the moment). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Rio’s feeling the heat from the FBI investigation, so he abruptly shuts down operations, cutting off Beth, Ruby, and Annie's money supply. Their attempt to go back to being ordinary housewives is short-lived when Mary Pat puts the financial squeeze on them -- forcing the three women to commit another heist.

2 hours ago, scowl said:

Once she said she had to stir a 55 gallon drum with her arm, I figured the writers were revealing that she has some kind of mental disability. You can buy a new paddle for $8 (or on sale at Amazon for $4.25 at the moment). 

<Snort> I nearly spit out a mouthful of my protein shake reading this.

Yeah, Ruby's gruesomely detailed story about the special sauce made no sense. Its like the sordid details came to one of the writers in a dream and he just had to incorporate it into the show so he could title the episode around it, despite how problematic it was to the story.

• Love 3

Hello and forgive me if this has been addressed but why can't Rio deal with Boomer? As the store manager Boomer had to know about the money in the safe and how and why it was in there. Keeping him around long enough to mess with the money laundering operation was just sloppy. Rio has his issues but I don't think he'd care for someone jacking up his business like that. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CKTV123 said:

Hello and forgive me if this has been addressed but why can't Rio deal with Boomer? As the store manager Boomer had to know about the money in the safe and how and why it was in there. Keeping him around long enough to mess with the money laundering operation was just sloppy. Rio has his issues but I don't think he'd care for someone jacking up his business like that. 

I guess it falls under why would he. He was doing just fine before the Good Girls robbed his bank and they are just an extra option for them. Meanwhile the Good Girls have not turned to murder and they fear asking Rio for help would make then accessories if not felony murderers themselves.

Isn't Botox a controlled substance? Even in a spa, I would think it would have to be stored in a locked cabinet with only licensed professionals having access to it.

I know it was wrong, but I sympathized with Sarah's reason for getting involved in the fidget spinner racket. The poor kid can't have a normal childhood because of her illness, she wanted *something* to make her feel like one of the cool kids.

I'm surprised that Beth wants to sell out the FBI snitch to Rio, but she won't let him "handle" Mary Pat after the stunt she pulled at the soccer match. That bitch is going to get them into trouble much faster than the blue-eyed thug.

• Love 7