Type keyword(s) to search

Good Girls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

'Season 3 Order Expanded By 3 Additional Episodes'

Plus some ratings info:

NBC has ordered three additional episodes of Good Girls, expanding the upcoming midseason run of the drama series from creator Jenna Bans to 16 episodes. This would be the largest order for Good Girls, which has aired as midseason replacement every year, up from 10 episodes in Season 1 and 13 episodes in Season 2.

Like The Good Place, Good Girls has been a digital success for NBC and sibling Universal TV, which produces the series. In its second season, the show broke its series record for best seven-day non-linear viewership with virtually each new episode, doubling its digital delivery versus Season 1, which led to an early Season 3 renewal.

In digital viewership among adults 18-49, Good Girls surged +115% in Season 2 versus Season 1. After 35 days of linear and digital delayed viewing, the caper more than quadrupled its Live+Same Day 18-49 rating, to a 2.38 rating from a  0.56, and grew by +4.1 million viewers, increasing to 6.4 million persons in L+35+digital from 2.3 million in L+SD.

Good Girls became the first series on a Big 4 broadcast networks to land a pact under Netflix’s co-licensing model where the streaming giant pays a significant fee for distributing a show outside of North America. The pact, which includes past seasons on Netflix’s US platform, helped Good Girls land a Season 2 renewal after a modest midseason debut on NBC last year and likely also boosted its Season 2 performance on NBC and its own digital platforms.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/good-girls-season-3-order-expanded-3-additional-episodes-nbc-1202667653/

• Love 2
On 6/3/2019 at 1:58 AM, TrininisaScorp said:

Like many of you, I don't believe that Rio is dead (and I love Manny Montana, so I hope his character isn't gone).  

I love the show, but I also think it's worthless without Rio.  I wouldn't bother watching.  Christina's motionless face and Mae's caterpillar eyebrows always furrowing at me.  No thank you.

• Love 3
On 5/26/2019 at 11:18 PM, Chaos Theory said:

It’s the season finale and here we are once again.  Beth and Rio in a room with a gun:

Not sure how I feel about Rio probably being alive.  He makes a good villain but the show might have been better by letting Beth kill him in front of the Fed whose name I can never remember.

Wow!  Colour me surprised that people like this show for anyone but him!  LOL!  I like Retta and  the man who plays her husband, I guess.  The rest of them.... Meh.  Big time mehsville.  But the actor who plays Rio is incredibly sparkling.

• Love 4
On 5/27/2019 at 9:23 PM, Trini said:

I haven't noticed the sound being bad; but then again I watch nearly everything with the closed captioning on.

I think it's more the issue of Manny Montana using that drawly accent.  It's hard to understand him half the time (for me).

Casting news: Charlyne Yi joins cast for season 3:

Spoiler

TVLine has learned exclusively that actress-writer-comedian Charlyne Yi is joining the NBC dramedy’s upcoming third season as a new “good” girl and a key figure in Beth, Ruby and Annie’s burgeoning counterfeit money scheme.

Yi, best known to TV audiences as House‘s Dr. Park, will recur [as] Lucy, a quirky artist with “mildly impaired social skills” with whom the trio “manipulate to help them with their criminal enterprise.” She will make her first appearance in the Season 3 opener, which is set to air at midseason.

https://tvline.com/2019/09/17/good-girls-charlyne-yi-season-3-cast-lucy/

More casting for season 3: Jackie Cruz cast in recurring role:

Spoiler

" Cruz will play Rhea, a warm, easygoing dental hygienist and single mom who becomes a new friend to Beth (Hendricks) after they start bonding at the park while watching their kids play. Rhea appreciates the company and wants to help Beth but has no idea that the two of them are more connected than she realizes. "

----

So,

Spoiler

... she's going to be connected to Rio somehow, right?

On 9/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, Trini said:
Spoiler

... she's going to be connected to Rio somehow, right?

Spoiler

I had exactly the same thought. She could be a relative, but since it says they bond over watching their kids play at the park, it makes more sense that Beth might keep an eye out for Rio's son at the park and wind up befriending the mom. I'll be curious to see whether that storyline actually reveals anything interesting about Rio, or if it will be more like "Look at this awesome lady that Rio once had the privilege of being with! Until he fucked it up, as all men do."

• Love 1

A bit of casting news from September:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbcs-good-girls-adds-ione-skye-1239910

Ione Skye (HBO's Camping, Say Anything) will join the drama in a recurring role, The Hollywood Reporter has learned, playing a co-worker of Dean's (Matthew Lillard) as he takes a new job.

Spoiler

Skye's character, Gayle, is a go-getter and a successful saleswoman at the hot tub store where Dean now works. She has the industry figured out, and is willing to let Dean in on some secrets to give him a boost, but their work relationship gets complicated when Dean is tempted to fall back into his old ways.

Edited by Trini

More about Jackie Cruz's recurring character Rhea (two photos at the link): Good Girls Season 3: 2020 FIRST LOOK

Spoiler

As previewed in these exclusive images, Orange Is the New Black vet Jackie Cruz has been cast in the recurring role of Beth’s new BFF Rhea, who, not so coincidentally, happens to be… Rio’s baby momma. Beth’s guilt over having murdered Rio leads her to strike up a relationship with the single mom. There’s just one problem: Beth has not told Rhea who she is — a fact that does not sit well with her fellow good girls Ruby (Retta) and Annie (Mae Whitman).

Teases series creator Jenna Bans: “When the other girls find out about Rhea’s past, they question Beth’s motives for befriending her.”

14 hours ago, Trini said:

More about Jackie Cruz's recurring character Rhea (two photos at the link): Good Girls Season 3: 2020 FIRST LOOK

Hide contents

As previewed in these exclusive images, Orange Is the New Black vet Jackie Cruz has been cast in the recurring role of Beth’s new BFF Rhea, who, not so coincidentally, happens to be… Rio’s baby momma. Beth’s guilt over having murdered Rio leads her to strike up a relationship with the single mom. There’s just one problem: Beth has not told Rhea who she is — a fact that does not sit well with her fellow good girls Ruby (Retta) and Annie (Mae Whitman).

Teases series creator Jenna Bans: “When the other girls find out about Rhea’s past, they question Beth’s motives for befriending her.”

So are they wanting fans to think Rio is gone or at least for a few episodes. Not sounding as funny to me anymore if it's focused on more stealing and less Rio. Time will tell.

• Love 1

Was just checking to see if there was a new promo; and it's kind of annoying that the marketing/social media play up the Beth/Rio relationship*, but I'm pretty sure the actual writers for the show aren't that interested in it now:

*(with good reason; it's one of the most interesting things in the show)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Trini said:

Was just checking to see if there was a new promo; and it's kind of annoying that the marketing/social media play up the Beth/Rio relationship*, but I'm pretty sure the actual writers for the show aren't that interested in it now:

I haven't watched it, but I saw that promo pop up a few days ago and was annoyed. That relationship and chemistry will never be like that again, so at best it's old news, and at worst it's pouring salt on a wound. Rio could spend all next season stalking Beth and nailing dead cats to her door and NBC would still promote their relationship as "sexy." It's gross.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LaMatadita said:

That relationship and chemistry will never be like that again, so at best it's old news, and at worst it's pouring salt on a wound.

Pretty much. They literally killed the relationship in the finale, and I don't think it can ever recover (even if they wanted it to, but I think they don't).

My plan is still to check out other people's reactions to see if there's anything good with Ruby/Stan, or Rio.

• Love 3

Can someone help me figure out why they stop looking for the dna kit after they find the rape kits?? Im just now getting to season two and im soooo confused as to why they stopped.

20 hours ago, Iarnaa said:

Can someone help me figure out why they stop looking for the dna kit after they find the rape kits?? Im just now getting to season two and im soooo confused as to why they stopped.

From what I recall, at that point they weren't going to be able to find the DNA kit in time so they wanted to unplug the refrigerator that it was all stored in because that would ruin the kit, but then they found the rape kits and couldn't bring themselves to do it.

• Love 1
On 12/12/2019 at 12:25 AM, Trini said:

I've heard of her, but I'm not familiar with her; Meg Thee Stallion is doing a guest spot?

She's a huge rapper right now.  She coined the term "Hot girl summer" last year.

The only reason I watch is Rio so ahhhhhh.  I'm not going to read spoilers but I'm scared now.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Season 3 promo art and synopsis from here: https://www.etonline.com/christina-hendricks-good-girls-cast-show-whos-boss-in-season-3-first-look-exclusive-139220

The new season kicks off not long after the events of season 2. When we last saw Beth (Hendricks), she had just shot Rio (Manny Montana) as he was beating up Agent Turner (James Lesure). Now that he’s out of the picture, she’s ready to run the game and stay in control. The women each take on seemingly innocent jobs -- Beth in a stationary store, Ruby (Retta) in a nail salon and Annie (Whitman) as a valet -- each with a special purpose to aid them in their new criminal enterprise. What happens as they expand their operation will have a ripple effect with their families. 

Meanwhile, Stan (Reno Wilson) has taken a job in security at a strip club to help keep a roof over his family and provide for them. Dean (Matthew Lillard) is working sales at a spa company, where he’ll thrive but also encounter his own level of harassment and preferential treatment. 

goodgirls_s3_ka_vert_web.jpg?itok=UTLEzc

• Love 3

Retta, Christina and Rio are why I watch. Have the writers stepped up enough to make the upcoming season interesting? I hope so. I excuse a lot of bad writing, plot holes because I love the cast. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 10

Season premiere synopsis and photos are out, though I can't find a place that has the photos hi-res.

Episode 301 - "Find Your Beach"

Spoiler

Beth makes a new friend while struggling to process her guilt over Rio's death. Meanwhile, the women perfect their latest business venture just as Agent Turner and his surprising informant complicate their plans to launch.

02/16/2020 (10:00PM - 11:00PM)

• Love 1

3.02 synopsis:

Spoiler

"NOT JUST CARDS"

02/23/2020 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Sunday) :

Beth makes a choice that surprises those around her just as an old foe from the past returns. Meanwhile, Annie finds a helpful outlet on her road to self-improvement.

TV-14

3.03 synopsis:

Spoiler

"EGG ROLL"

03/01/2020 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Sunday) :

A desperate Beth does everything she can to stay alive while dealing with the unexpected challenges of being a boss and finds help in the least likely of places. Dean suffers the ramifications of doing things differently at work. Meanwhile, Ruby and Stan figure out how to make her new business venture work for them. TV-14

It's back.  The Good Girls are ready for action.  Season 3 starts Sunday 2020.02.16.  Let's see where this goes!

Beth makes a new friend while struggling to process her guilt over Rio's death. The women perfect their latest business venture just as Agent Turner and his surprising informant complicate their plans to launch.

giphy.gif 

S1E1 It was a little forced but the three lead actresses are likable enough for me to stick with it. If I wasn't able to binge-watch I'd probably fall off waiting on this one week to week though. Also, they hooked me with the Selena Gomez song. Love a show with a good soundtrack.

Even if this wasn't a TV show that needed to have more episodes, it was insane to think Christina Hendricks and Retta would be set after one $30,000 score. Unless she was going to buy a kidney, all the money would be gone in a month or less with how expensive the medicine is. And Christina has 4 kids. 

It was a waste of $5000 to give it to her husband's mistress. I know they had a bigger score than they'd originally planned but that was half of what she hoping to originally get. 

Sadie is really adorable.

This pilot reminded me of Claws. It was all fun and games and then Boomer. I don't know why these shows need to get heavy so fast. 

• Love 1

S1E2 Boomer's not dead. Lolz.

They should get the gang to help with Boomer.

Wait, why is the mistress still working at the car dealership? They should get the $5000 back from her.

Yeah, it was dumb of Beth to not take the money. Retta had a point. She couldn't steal from the little old racist lady? That would have been an easy out. As would Annie's ex deciding to give her the money.

The guy in charge smashing Hans was idiotic. Sure, they have to put in a little work making ebay listings. Instead, let me smash this very valuable item. That's like setting fire to money for dramatic effect. Oh, good job making a point. *eye roll*

Trying to blackmail Boomer with a dick pic is incredibly lame. That's like an Insatiable move but this show isn't irreverent enough for that. Is this a cartoon or are there stakes? You can't have it both ways. Applying real world logic, of course that wouldn't be enough for Boomer to let the kidnapping go.

S1E3 I so don't need Boomer. I wish they'd just killed him. I feel like Ruby's husband is enough pressure. I don't need an annoying character taking up screen time.

It was easy to predict that the custody visit for Sadie wasn't going to go well. They set it up so many times.

Isn't there any video surveillance showing them at the car dealership? They weren't exactly subtle.

What is with this show and dumb dramatic gestures? Assuming that's a real pearl necklace, why would you leave it there assuming that guy will come back and that no one else will take it before he sees it?

Lol. Ruby taking a shot back at Sheila was cute. I have no idea what kind of show Good Girls wants to be. The tone is all over the place. Sometimes it's like Breaking Bad. Sometimes it's like Younger. Sometimes it's like Insatiable. 

• Love 1

S1E4 Was not expecting that. I know the gang is apparently all about dramatic gestures but you'd think they'd give her some kind of warning. Leaving a bleeding half naked man in what is clearly a child's bedroom seems super messy for a criminal operation that's presumably trying to stay under the radar.

How many 20's were in those stacks? Split three ways, it didn't look like that much. But maybe I'm underestimating what money looks like in a stack. 

Ah! LOVE that they shopped at a Cloud 9 store. 

Retta is amazing. I'm glad she has a show but I also wish she were on a better show. Her telling off that kid TWICE was beautiful.

I'm sorry but Beth's kids are little assholes. I'm not at all sure they won't grow up to be like the milkshake kid who antagonized Ruby at the diner.

I mean, Sadie's one of my favorite characters so I'm cool with her mom finding a way to get the bullies off her back. But also, what is the logic behind a strange adult man with a neck tattoo magically finding his way into the school without being stopped? Is the no security in the building? No supervision at lunch? I will say the actor has beautiful eyes. I'm more into him than Rio at this point. I think we're supposed to find Rio compelling but I don't. I'm cool with this guy having a flat affect but I think Rio is supposed to be as charismatic as he is intimidating. I'm not getting that. They should have hired an actor with more gravitas.

I really hope they ditch Boomer and move on to the FBI guy.

S1E5 I like that this show has consequences but the whole receipt saga was so dumb. Dumpster diving was too much. 

Again, I wish they'd cast a different actor for Rio. I know what they're going for but it doesn't work for me. He doesn't have enough charm and charisma for me to understand Beth being so attracted to him in spite of... well, everything.

I don't think this show has more than another season. It's kind of all over the place, campy but then serious, outrageous plots and then trying to have a serious one. Rio added mystery but then they had that awful (to me) ending that you knew wouldn't be the end of him.

I know shows like this aren't "law and order" or "ER" or any show that needs to do background research, but it irks me how the write it so loosely. My husband is a police officer and what they kid to Stan was illegal and would never happen with interrogation etc. The kidney plot wasn't thought out. A child and adult can get on medicare. It's an easy google, even my 40 year old nephew got on for 3 years without insurance to help pay for meds etc. They hope by then you'll be on insurance, not sure what happens if you aren't. Medicaid maybe. I know that doesn't make a good story line but if it wasn't for the good chemistry between the girls and funny lines, I couldn't suspend reality enough.

I'll see how it goes today and how long they take before showing Rio. although the spoilers above from TV guide give an idea. If it's too silly, I might drop out but curious to see how they introduce the two of them again.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 4

S1E6 I know conflict is coming when Stan learns the truth but I don't want any of it. Stan and Ruby are so cute. 

Why did Beth ask for more money to launder but not a bigger percentage? 

They know Tyler is an idiot. Why was he part of their scheme? This show is too sitcom-y sometimes. 

I'm glad Dean and the FBI guy aren't idiots but Leslie is getting iced out. This feels like an appropriate amount of heat. They aren't getting away with everything but the people on their trail are two steps behind.

I don't really get making Marion a bigger part of the show but June Squibb is adorable. Her seeing through Leslie was great.

UGH. The end of this episode was so much. Again, with the grand gestures. Why be reckless and arouse Dean's suspicions? For what? Because you feel like being sassy?

S1E7 Why is Tyler STILL one of the "secret shoppers"???

That necklace looked cheap. Even for $1100. 

I know this isn't that kind of show (maybe???) but I kind of wish they'd just sold out Mary Pat to the gang. Why let her blackmail them?

Annie hooking up with Greg felt like a natural development. Messy but well-established by the previous episodes.

Fuck it. Sick Rio on Mary Pat.

S1E8 Are you kidding me? They should have killed Leslie when they had the chance. I assume this is why Annie has to go back to the same job, so we can keep Leslie on the show. WHY??? What is the purpose of making Annie hang out with her attempted rapist?

Give Mary Pat up to Rio. I don't care if her life is hard. If you're going to be a Karen, you get what's coming to you.

Why is Beth fine with selling out Eddie but not Mary Pat? Dumb...

• Love 1

S1E10 I know healthcare costs in America are insane but is a kidney really $87,500?

I did not need the contrivance of them losing the key card to the vault.

Managing to get around Tyler was very sitcom-y. I wonder if it'll come back. I don't need multiple blackmail characters. I already hate Leslie and Mary Pat. And I wasn't a big fan of Tyler from the start.

I mean, Dean isn't great. But it felt like a lot for him to get in a car accident because he was staring at an attractive woman and then for Beth to find out he's been lying about cancer. It's very over the top writing to tell the audience to abandon any thoughts of Beth and Dean getting back together and reaffirming that he's still a jerk. 

Solid way to bring all those plots to a head. Everything makes sense but Rio. I'll be interested to hear the explanation for how he got out and got to her house without being tailed by anyone.

S2E1 That was a rug, not a carpet. Why not just throw away/destroy the rug instead of washing it?

They've done a good job with Stan/Ruby and Greg/Annie. I feel like I understand these couples. I might want Stan to be on board but I 100% get why he's not and I can't resent him for his principles. And Greg and Annie make so much sense as a couple with a lot of chemistry and love who just can't be married. Their personalities clash too much but they're not fully toxic for each other. They just can't get along for an extended period of time.

Ohhh, the gang made bail.

What the hell? Why couldn't Beth shoot him? My issue is what feels like plot contrivance. We can't sell out Mary Pat but she can sell out Eddie (I know she didn't but only because Ruby stopped her). We can't shoot Rio because then that antagonist is gone. Beth's actions feel the most driven by what the writers want and less like organic choices that fit her characterization.

I don't know what it is about the actor playing Rio. His voice is great. It's got that swagger and that "speak softly" thing of a bad guy who doesn't need to shout to be intimidating. But his face and acting are giving me nothing. He's not stone-faced but he's not compelling either. He doesn't have that spark that makes a great actor or performance. He's cool because the script says so. He's attractive to Beth because that's what the writers want. I wish they'd hired an older, more distinguished actor who could have given a layered performance or chewed the scenery a little.

I know Matthew Lillard isn't off the show for season 2 so Rio shooting him was a baffling choice. I feel like the right move was for Beth to shoot Rio. But the show didn't want that so instead Rio shot Dean but they didn't want to kill that character either so basically the finale is invalid. They might as well have made it a dream for all it affected the plot. Stupid.

People can definitely be hysterical in grief. Not sure why it was offensive to the couple in the waiting room.

Ah! I remembered the pen cap! 

Ruby causing a hold up at the coffee store made for a fun heist.

I appreciate that they didn't cut the power in the car and destroy the evidence from all those rape kits. But I don't know that it would be that difficult to find the pen cap. Beth knows what her name is, when she went in to give her DNA sample... that's the kind of stuff that would be on the label.

OH. Stan stepping in to help was a development I was not expecting. INTERESTING.

Btw, how would a pen cap that Leslie brought to Jimmy be admissible as evidence? There's no proper procedure. There's no proof that Leslie got that pen cap where he said he got it. 

I hope Leslie gets charged with the attempted rape at some point. Or dies. Either one is fine.

It is IDIOTIC that Rio would put everything on the line counting on the three women to take care of Leslie TO MAKE A POINT. Argh. So aggravating.

This might have been better off as a limited run series. The premise reminded me of a film from the early 80s (I think) called HOW TO BEAT THE HIGH COST OF LIVING with Jane Curtain and Susan St. James. 

The show reminds me A LOT of the movie Sugar & Spice (2001) spinning out into crazy shenanigans. Except that movie did a better job managing it's tone. 

• Love 1

It would also be better if they were all three less instantly memorable and recognizable. 

OMG, yes! I think this every time they commit a crime. Even with masks or wigs they are pretty memorable, especially when they're together as a group.

S2E2: Why is Beth defending Leslie? I get not wanting to kill ANYONE but if there was ever a time to be cool with it... I swear they just should have had him die when he crashed through that table and been done with it.

Rio, you IDIOT. Why is he leaving it to Beth when she's leaving it until the last minute? Doesn't he care about Leslie bringing his empire down? Doesn't he have better things to do than keep showing up to threaten her?

This is so stupid. Annie should have had the gun. This doesn't feel like Beth's morality is holding her back from killing anyone. This feels like a plot contrivance to keep Leslie around. AND FOR WHAT?

I would care more about the Nance and Annie scenes if I hadn't seen so many better scenes of the other woman having to comfort the unknowing wife/partner.

I don't mind them committing so many crimes. I mind that they're not good at it. The writers keep contriving plots where instead of Annie stealing jewelry or a watch they could pawn, she steals car keys. And then it's a Tesla which is harder to sell for parts so they have to convince the valet that they drive a more normal car. WHY? They're not good enough at crime for all these steps. It just makes the police look incompetent for there to be this many convoluted crimes being committed without anyone catching them. Same as with the big box store secret shopper plan. It's SO obviously shady. 

Rio is an IDIOT. He let Beth handle it. And she didn't. Once again there's a loose end who can incriminate them. 

I'm going to need some explanation of why Rio is so into Beth. I need some of his side of things. Because otherwise, it does not make sense the time he takes out of his own life to be a part of hers. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

I'm going to need some explanation of why Rio is so into Beth. I need some of his side of things. Because otherwise, it does not make sense the time he takes out of his own life to be a part of hers. 

Whether you like them together or not, it was really a mistake not to have more Rio and his point of view in Season 2.

• Love 2

S2E3 I mean, I know Jimmy is protecting Boomer now. But also, JUST KILL HIM ALREADY. Write this character off the show. I'm so done with Leslie.

Oh, Jesus effing Christ. I CANNOT believe that Rio is still leaving Leslie up to Beth to handle. This would have made more sense if Beth had actually shot and killed Rio so she was left to handle this mess OR if he was alive but in hiding. Him being alive and still apparently connected to all his criminal resources and not taking out a pathetic loose end like Leslie himself is just the show making us suffer more of Beth's moral dilemma and Leslie's presence on screen. 

Lol, THANK YOU, MARY PAT. They SHOULD kill him. I appreciated that Annie had the gun this time and seemed ready to do it even if Leslie evaded death again. They need to stop giving Beth guns and expecting something to happen.

JESUS CHRIST. This show. It wasn't enough for Leslie to attempt to rape Annie. Now he successfully raped Mary Pat. WHY WON'T THEY KILL HIM OFF?

OK, I did laugh at Leslie getting Regina George-ed. She could have run over him a few more times for good measure.

Ugh. And on the heels of that success, more plot contrivance. It would have been easy (SO EASY) to explain Mary Pat hitting him with the car by accident. Or maybe not by accident if the neighbors had noticed the argument. But now they have to dispose of a body. For reasons...

How long have Nance and Greg been together? I got the impression that they've only been together a few years. She says she loves Sadie though. Has she been in Sadie's life a long time? 

When the bag kept shifting in the back of the SUV, I genuinely worried Boomer was somehow still going to be alive. I know that's crazy but this show has been so resistant to killing the character and so bad at playing by the rules of reality, it felt possible.

I thought they were going to go to an actual landfill. They don't think it's suspicious to just throw a body-sized garbage bag into the dumpster? Since Mary Pat apparently chopped him up, it would make more sense to throw away pieces. I mean, it would make the most sense to dissolve the body in acid or any of the other ways people dispose of bodies on TV. 

I know I'm supposed to care about all kids but this is a TV show. And Mary Pat's and Beth's kids are jerks. So frankly, I don't care what happens to them. There are no stakes to me where the children are concerned.

Oh, fuck off. I know June Squibb is adorable (even if Marion is racist) but Leslie is an asshole. I'm not going to feel bad about him being dead. You can play a million voicemails. I still will not care.

Why didn't they smash the phone before throwing it in the lake? Better safe than sorry.

• Love 1

At this point it has to be Chekhov's stop sign. That or we've wasted a lot of screen time talking about a stop sign.  Will we move on to discussions about other signs - yield, no exit, one way, no outlet? If the stop sign was meant to symbolize something, I missed it.   

Something might still come up, but I'm thinking it's just SYMBOLISM and not a plot device at this point. It represents how everything was off the rails and there was no way to put a stop to it. It also reflects how no one was taking an action even though everyone agreed that something should be done and it was dangerous. So Beth stepped in and fixed the problem. Which would be great if it culminated in something like her shooting Boomer but it didn't so I fail to see the point. Symbolism is supposed to be echoed in the narrative. Unless we're supposed to think that Beth can handle petty nonsense like stop signs but is completely out of her depth elsewhere as much as she thinks she's a boss bitch. 

I do like this show, but, as a viewer, my suspension of disbelief is turned up high.  First off, come on, a whole CAKE!?!?! 

I would have believed it if this were Insatiable. I was like, okay, clearly the son has an eating disorder now.

Also, the amount of evidence they leave is through the roof. 

I can deal with this being a sort of cartoon where for some reason neither the cops nor the FBI bother to do the basics of investigation, whether it's physical evidence or their cyber trails. BUT then the show obsesses over a pen cap. You can't have it both ways. 

I like that they had the payday loan guy back. He's funny. "You trippin' if you think that's how our founding father wears his cravat."

Did not like Retta being so judgmental about strippers. Stan isn't doing anything untoward; he's professional with the strippers, who are just women doing a job. (I mean, I would not bend over to look at a picture of someone's kids while topless, but ... that's her work uniform.)

Annie still talks to her son as more of a friend than parent, but it's got to sting to hear your kid say, basically, that you act a fool for a man the second he shows you a little affection. Also masturbating with your kid's toothbrush is gross.

I don't want James Lesure to be dead!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I like that they had the payday loan guy back. He's funny. "You trippin' if you think that's how our founding father wears his cravat."

Did not like Retta being so judgmental about strippers. Stan isn't doing anything untoward; he's professional with the strippers, who are just women doing a job. (I mean, I would not bend over to look at a picture of someone's kids while topless, but ... that's her work uniform.)

Annie still talks to her son as more of a friend than parent, but it's got to sting to hear your kid say, basically, that you act a fool for a man the second he shows you a little affection. Also masturbating with your kid's toothbrush is gross.

I don't want James Lesure to be dead!

I think I’ll FF most if this season to the Rio parts but it’s just too loosely written. The kidney story isn’t true, she could get coverage , Adults can too if close to failure ,cops do not interrogate other cops without council re Stan last season and cops NEVER take off vests leaving a site, never . They also don’t stare at open vans incredulously. ( 40 year vet cop in family ) I know it’s fiction and nothing is believable but there are limits and I can’t suspend it that much. 
The toothbrush, her sons, was gross. Anything but her kids stuff.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 6