Type keyword(s) to search

Good Girls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm glad that Ruby's husband started being nice to her again, but it's also unfair to him that she's still running around and helping to commit crimes. That cop needs to find out that Leslie is a rapist, who is now conning a woman into marrying him. He's spent so much time trying to get them caught, he needs to be the one arrested.

I don't like Beth's husband, but I do like that he knows he's a shitty husband. He didn't deserve to be shot, but she wouldn't have started this if he hadn't got them so deeply into debt. 

I love how Annie is just, "shoot him!!!" Sad that she keeps telling her ex that they have to stop seeing each other, and then he shows up with alcohol. wtf? She's repeatedly told him to stop. I liked her getting along with his wife. Seeing her as a real person, instead of a caricature.

Edited by Anela
  • Love 6

I'm still rooting for Ruby and Stan, but Stan has a lot of valid points; and Ruby's still lying and stealing, etc.

So the girls won't do it, but somebody is going to kill Boomer, right? Right? Plus he's acting beyond sketchy with FBI Guy, so he should be feeling heat from him too. Or better yet, have him in custody.

They are really turning up the flirting between Beth and Rio!   👀   I'm both appalled and intrigued.

11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Also, I haven't followed as closely as some of you, but, why would Annie go over and divulge info to Leslie's fiance, that could implicate the ladies in Leslie's disappearance?  Isn't this lady the one who blackmailed them for a cut of money or else she'd expose them to the police? Why provide her more info to use against you?  

Ref. Annie again. Who opens the door at night, when you have no idea who is on the other side of it? Especially, when you are in the shenanigans that's she involved with. 

See, this is why Annie is my least favorite.

Edited by Trini
weird - part of my sentence disappeared
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Trini said:

They are really turning up the flirting between Beth and Rio!   👀   I'm both appalled and intrigued.

I was intrigued before the end of last season. Now I don't want her to hook up with someone who is consistently appearing as a threat to her and her children (and friends), and shot her husband. 

• Love 5

I enjoy seeing the actor who plays Nancy, the pregnant wife, again. She used to appear as a regular on Army Wives, a Lifetime series. She was a very down to earth, rough around the edges mom on that show.  Similar to Annie on this one. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I enjoy seeing the actor who plays Nancy, the pregnant wife, again. She used to appear as a regular on Army Wives, a Lifetime series. She was a very down to earth, rough around the edges mom on that show.

Her husband/Annie's ex is played by Zach Gilford, who played Matt Saracen on Friday Night Lights. Anybody from Friday Night Lights has goodwill with me, but Matt Saracen is one of my favorite TV characters ever.

• Love 8
On 3/11/2019 at 5:42 PM, HighQueenEB said:

That's what I was expecting until Beth put the sign back up in the middle of the night.  I'm not sure where they're going with Leslie now but I am still hoping for death at that intersection.

That part confused me...I thought she beat up the stop sign that was at another point of the intersection and that was the one she was fixing.

Was the stop sign something from last season? Where did it go, does anybody know?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

That part confused me...I thought she beat up the stop sign that was at another point of the intersection and that was the one she was fixing. 

Was the stop sign something from last season? Where did it go, does anybody know?

No, the stop sign thing wasn't from last season. It's been missing since this season's premiere.

I think what happened is that Beth took down that stop sign that she beat up (from whereever), and used it to replace the missing one at the intersection by her house.

Why this side plot? I don't know.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I enjoy seeing the actor who plays Nancy, the pregnant wife, again. She used to appear as a regular on Army Wives, a Lifetime series. She was a very down to earth, rough around the edges mom on that show.  Similar to Annie on this one. 

Oh, that's where I know her from. I watched the first one or two seasons of that. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Anela said:

Oh, that's where I know her from. I watched the first one or two seasons of that. 

Yeah, I was a big fan. It got really crazy towards the end though.  Too bad.  It ran 7 seasons and was filmed partly in my state NC.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Trini said:

No, the stop sign thing wasn't from last season. It's been missing since this season's premiere.

I think what happened is that Beth took down that stop sign that she beat up (from whereever), and used it to replace the missing one at the intersection by her house.

I fully suspect it will lead to something eventually. There’s been way to much focus on it not to. 

• Love 3

At this point it has to be Chekhov's stop sign. That or we've wasted a lot of screen time talking about a stop sign.  Will we move on to discussions about other signs - yield, no exit, one way, no outlet? If the stop sign was meant to symbolize something, I missed it.   

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Beth picked up Annie from work at the grocery store and beat down the stop sign leaving the store. I think this was her hoping Leslie will get hit the next time he gets unlucky leaving work (presuming he leaves the same way). Then she took the stop sign for herself to keep her kids safe. 

That's what I thought until I got here and no one else thought that. Why else would she pick up her sister from work other than a plot point? Doesn't Annie have a car?

Unrelated, kinda, Mae is wearing a wig and she does not have the head for a wig. It's really distracting because I think she is her character from Arrested Development's 4th season where she also wore a bad wig. Maybe she has pink hair or something under there but I don't get the need for the wig.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

Unrelated, kinda, Mae is wearing a wig and she does not have the head for a wig. It's really distracting because I think she is her character from Arrested Development's 4th season where she also wore a bad wig. Maybe she has pink hair or something under there but I don't get the need for the wig.

I think Whitman cut her hair at some point, and they wanted to keep continuity? But then she has her short hair in the main promo art for this season:

NUP_185877_0003_595_Spoiler%20TV%20Trans

• Love 1
17 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

Beth picked up Annie from work at the grocery store and beat down the stop sign leaving the store. I think this was her hoping Leslie will get hit the next time he gets unlucky leaving work (presuming he leaves the same way). Then she took the stop sign for herself to keep her kids safe. 

That's what I thought until I got here and no one else thought that. Why else would she pick up her sister from work other than a plot point? Doesn't Annie have a car?

I don't think she picked that stop sign because of its proximity to the grocery store. 

I think she picked any stop sign that was in a much more populated area/four-way stop intersection that would get the required replacement attention that she wasn't getting for her lower traffic flow, residential area.  More traffic = more possibility for accidents = more complaints = stop sign being replaced. I think the timing of it being after she picked her sister up was just coincidental and it hit her as she was sitting at the intersection. 

She then used that stop sign to replace the one in her neighborhood she couldn't get the city to replace/pay attention to. 

I could be completely wrong, but that was my takeaway. 

The next few episode descriptions:

2.03 - "You Have Reached the Voicemail of Leslie Peterson"

Spoiler

03/17/2019 :

Tensions between the women, Boomer, and Mary Pat reach a boiling point. Meanwhile, Beth must intervene when Kenny gets in trouble at school.

2.04 - "Pick Your Poison"

Spoiler

03/24/2019 :

Rio's new business opportunity for Beth leads to a fracture in her relationship with Annie.

2.05 - "Everything Must Go"

Spoiler

03/31/2019 :

Beth must turn to Dean for help as Turner gets closer to the truth about their crimes, but she unwittingly uncovers a troubling secret about Dean when a familiar face from the past returns.

• Love 3

Well, having Mary Pat kill him accidentally was probably the "cleanest" way to get rid of Boomer. (At least for our Girls.) I just can't believe that out of all the people on the show, she was the one to actually dismember him, thus turning an accident into a murder....

Terrible that they had to dispose of the body. Hopefully that's the lowest they can go? (Well, I guess there's also attempted murder that they didn't get to attempt...) I'm thinking that this will affect Annie the most going forward.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 6

Their faces while she was describing what she did with the body was hilarious and heartbreaking because they’re in that much deeper. Why is she talking to FBI guy now, after she did the worst thing out of any of them?!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Wow, was it hard for me to find this thread! I even looked under other dramas and didn't see it. The new organization here is really difficult to navigate, especially when so many shows are black humor now. Do they belong in comedy or drama?

Anyway, i fully expected Mary Pat to be the one to eliminate Boomer, either by accident or on purpose. In the scene where she's on the floor and he's in the bed passed out, presumably after rape, I thought he was already dead, that she had somehow clunked him over the head. No such luck. So they went with accident, with her extremely oblivious children in the vehicle. They didn't feel the bump? Or notice him at the window shouting at mom? Even with headphones on it's ridiculous, but then like so many other things in the show, you just have to wave it off. 

The writers sure have to work extra hard to keep all these ladies from any actual trigger pulling so we can still accept them as "good girls". As far as this sort of comedy/drama goes, I much prefer wacky, crazy Claws.

• Love 17
49 minutes ago, BonnieD said:

Wow, was it hard for me to find this thread! I even looked under other dramas and didn't see it. The new organization here is really difficult to navigate, especially when so many shows are black humor now. Do they belong in comedy or drama?

Anyway, i fully expected Mary Pat to be the one to eliminate Boomer, either by accident or on purpose. In the scene where she's on the floor and he's in the bed passed out, presumably after rape, I thought he was already dead, that she had somehow clunked him over the head. No such luck. So they went with accident, with her extremely oblivious children in the vehicle. They didn't feel the bump? Or notice him at the window shouting at mom? Even with headphones on it's ridiculous, but then like so many other things in the show, you just have to wave it off. 

The writers sure have to work extra hard to keep all these ladies from any actual trigger pulling so we can still accept them as "good girls". As far as this sort of comedy/drama goes, I much prefer wacky, crazy Claws.

Same - I actually had to google 'forums.previously.tv good girls christina hendricks.' 

Anyways... I keep watching for Retta and to a lesser extent, Christina Hendricks but I really don't see how many times they can go back to the "this close to doing something/forced to do something/making a bad situation worse" well. It felt repetitive in season one and having every episode end with a cliffhanger just doesn't do much for me. I'd rather they engaged my interest in tuning back in based on the storyline being well-presented, not a continual gimmick.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, BonnieD said:

Agreed -- the new structure is not good. If their goal was to lose site traffic, they're achieving it. 

I didn't catch the show last night but am glad jackass is gone -- looking forward to watching it On Demand! 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Frisson said:

Why is she talking to FBI guy now, after she did the worst thing out of any of them?!

Yeah, I'm wondering where they're going with that. Did FBI-guy know that Leslie was in a "relationship" with Mary Pat? If so, it might make sense to say she hadn't heard from him. His Nana will probably report something, and if Mary Pat hadn't said anything, it would seem strange. Or... she's going to throw the others under the bus even after they helped her.

• Love 2
On 3/11/2019 at 12:07 PM, SailorGirl said:

This way, he can say, "well, look I'm trying to step up and do my part and be better, despite my current health condition (which is YOUR fault, by the way), and look at what happened to me." So he can yet again put the blame on someone other than himself 

His being beat up and shot is ENTIRELY on Beth.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:30 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why would they not have fired off a shot or two with the gun before returning it? Of course Rio'd know the gun hadn't been used.

I know!!!

On 3/11/2019 at 6:28 PM, Anela said:

I'm glad that Ruby's husband started being nice to her again, but it's also unfair to him that she's still running around and helping to commit crimes

When she told her husband and the pastor that she had stopped "climbing in bed" with other people, she should have meant it.  She needs to tell Beth "I'm out.  You know I will never betray you, but I can't do this any more."

• Love 4

To find a show on the forum, use the "Find A Show" search field that appears above the "My Home Page" and "PTV Home Page" buttons on the forums home page.  You can enter any word in the title and the search will show you the possible shows. Select the title from those proposed, and hit the Search icon (magnifying glass).  This will take you to the forum. Follow the forum to add it to your home page. 

If you have questions, please post it in site questions or PM a Mod.  Back to your regularly scheduled snarking!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I loved when Ruby and Stan's daughter came in demanding the internet and Ruby just gave her That Look and Stan told her to check her attitude. And when she said please, Ruby gave another look like "This child was trippin'.'

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Frisson said:

Their faces while she was describing what she did with the body was hilarious and heartbreaking because they’re in that much deeper. ...

Yes, this was the funniest part!

Oh, and I forgot to mention; Rio plays tennis? At a club? WHO is this guy?? And I assume his lawyer(!) is going to play a bigger role at some point?

• Love 10

Rio playing tennis with lawyer at upscale club........that is the biggest piece of you know that they have shown.  This is just a way to justify one of the ladies touching him.  Otherwise, he's too slimy, degrading and disgusting.  It doesn't work for me. 

Annie was absolutely right about walking away when girlfriend revealed that she had killed that guy.  Let her handle it.  But, still, if it was an accident, then helping dispose of the body would be what......?  Desecration of a corpse?....probably a misdemeanor. Not too harsh of a sentence.  But, maybe Hit and Run....when she didn't report it and concealed the death.  It could be a felony. But, not sure if that would apply on private property, as well as the roadways.  But, it doesn't matter.  They won't get caught. lol  

Why was Annie listening to the guy's grandmother's messages on the voice mail? And, why was she crying?  I know she may have thought the grandmother was nice, but, omg, that guy was a terrible person.  

• Love 7

Woo hoo! Yes! Bye bitch!

I too figured they were heading in the direction of Mary Pat killing him (by accident or on purpose) but I hope this show doesn't try to pretend she's even with the girls now. If she'd called the police the second she hit him they might be able to wave it away as an accident. But once she chopped him up, put him in her freezer, and called the girls first, it was over. The girls created this mess, for sure, but Mary Pat ingratiated herself into it, and even if they were planning to kill Boomer, how things went down was on her.

(I did feel sympathy for her for the rape, though, and I thought Allison Tollman acted out the scene with the little boy really well.)

I too laughed at the reactions of the girls as they slowly realized what had happened. Them each leaning forward individually was great stuff.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Annie was absolutely right about walking away when girlfriend revealed that she had killed that guy.  Let her handle it.  But, still, if it was an accident, then helping dispose of the body would be what......?  Desecration of a corpse?....probably a misdemeanor. Not too harsh of a sentence.  But, maybe Hit and Run....when she didn't report it and concealed the death.  It could be a felony. But, not sure if that would apply on private property, as well as the roadways.  But, it doesn't matter.  They won't get caught. lol  

Becoming an accessory to murder after the fact is for sure a felony.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, BonnieD said:

So they went with accident, with her extremely oblivious children in the vehicle. They didn't feel the bump? Or notice him at the window shouting at mom? Even with headphones on it's ridiculous, but then like so many other things in the show, you just have to wave it off. 

I was wondering about how she managed to, er, take care of things afterwards apparently without the kids knowing.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why was Annie listening to the guy's grandmother's messages on the voice mail? And, why was she crying?  I know she may have thought the grandmother was nice, but, omg, that guy was a terrible person.  

Because Annie sucks and now that Leslie/ Boomer is gone, she’s the worst character on the show. And on a show with Mary Pat and Dean, that requires effort.

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Rio playing tennis with lawyer at upscale club........that is the biggest piece of you know that they have shown.  This is just a way to justify one of the ladies touching him.  Otherwise, he's too slimy, degrading and disgusting.  It doesn't work for me. 

My eyes rolled right out of my head during that scene. Yeah, no. His lawyer is not taking a gang-banger client to her private club as her guest. 

It would be interesting to see Manny Montana in a role where he his being irresistibly charismatic and attractive to the opposite sex was believable. As a drug dealing killer? I'm not buying it. It's not the actor, it's absolutely the character. He's a horrible person.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

Why are y'all calling Leslie "Boomer"? Did I miss or forget something from the show?

This was his (nick)name since the first season. I think we knew him as Boomer before we found out his real name was Leslie.

• Love 5

I'm glad Boomer is dead, mostly because I was getting tired of the will they/won't they kill him storyline over the past couple of episodes. I found the way Mary Pat handled it very contrived though, she could have just told the cops she broke up with him, and he was stalking her and lurking behind her car. I can't help but feel that she's trying to set up the girls to get caught and then pin the murder on them.

I don't care if Rio has high tea with the Queen of England, he's still a lowlife. 

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I'm glad Boomer is dead, mostly because I was getting tired of the will they/won't they kill him storyline over the past couple of episodes. I found the way Mary Pat handled it very contrived though, she could have just told the cops she broke up with him, and he was stalking her and lurking behind her car. I can't help but feel that she's trying to set up the girls to get caught and then pin the murder on them. 

Those were my thoughts. It was heavily implied that Boomer raped her - she very likely blames the girls for putting her in that position. Although a setup like this requires more neural capacity than she has displayed to date. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I loved when Ruby and Stan's daughter came in demanding the internet and Ruby just gave her That Look and Stan told her to check her attitude. And when she said please, Ruby gave another look like "This child was trippin'.'

What kind of internet do they have that only one person can use it at the same time?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, UncleChuck said:

Probably the kind that's connected to the only computer in the house.

Just like the Good Girls never saw a crime procedural so didn't even glove up, nobody has a smart phone. Teacher Rio has a lot of  work ahead of him. He will need to start with criminal kindergarten 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, jhlipton said:
On 3/11/2019 at 3:07 PM, SailorGirl said:

This way, he can say, "well, look I'm trying to step up and do my part and be better, despite my current health condition (which is YOUR fault, by the way), and look at what happened to me." So he can yet again put the blame on someone other than himself 

His being beat up and shot is ENTIRELY on Beth.

I'm having a bit of trouble with this perspective.  Let's not forget that it was DEAN that over-mortgaged their house to the point where they were on the verge of losing it, mismanaged the car dealership, and had an affair with the receptionist at his workplace while Beth was home taking care of the house and kids and trusting him.  Beth would never have been desperate enough for money to rob the grocery store in the first place if it wasn't for good old Dean.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, OhTheHumanity said:

I'm having a bit of trouble with this perspective.  Let's not forget that it was DEAN that over-mortgaged their house to the point where they were on the verge of losing it, mismanaged the car dealership, and had an affair with the receptionist at his workplace while Beth was home taking care of the house and kids and trusting him.  Beth would never have been desperate enough for money to rob the grocery store in the first place if it wasn't for good old Dean.

Yes, but BETH got mixed up with a gangster and continued the relationship for Dean to get shot.  As the one husband said, "Everyone needs money!!!"  How you go about getting it is an indicator of your character.

I do like this show, but, as a viewer, my suspension of disbelief is turned up high.  First off, come on, a whole CAKE!?!?!  That's not even remotely believable.  Been to many office celebrations and the cakes are huge.  Also, the amount of evidence they leave is through the roof.  They handle the garbage-wrapped body without gloves.  Taking their cellphones with them maps out everywhere they've been.  I can forgive not checking the body for his cellphone.  BUT, they just threw the phone in the river without destroying it.  And, they also handled it without gloves and didn't attempt to wipe it down.  Forget the DNA, people have known about wiping fingerprints since forever.

Another thing that had me puzzled was the daughter's use of the internet.  "I will get off so you can get on."  What, are they using dial-up?  Ruby was surfing using a laptop, which leads me to believe they had broadband and wifi.  So, why does Ruby have to get off so the daughter could access the internet on her own laptop?  Bizarre.  I guess that scene was just to show the daughter's funky attitude.

• Love 6

Was Beth really going to shoot someone without knowing it was actually them? Amateur. 🙄

Guess the good girls forgot about security cameras too. Any of those buildings nearby could've recorded what they did with that body-sized bundle.

Not sure how tossing Dean's phone in a lake solves the problem. Eventually it'll be found and the investigators will track where it's been. The ladies better hope they didn't leave any if his or their own DNA in that dumpster.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, UncleChuck said:

Probably the kind that's connected to the only computer in the house.

The daughter walked in with her own laptop, so that wasn't the reason. Altough considering their financial situation it would have been more believable if the daughter didn't have her own laptop and had to use Ruby's for her report.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was Beth really going to shoot someone without knowing it was actually them? Amateur. 🙄

Guess the good girls forgot about security cameras too. Any of those buildings nearby could've recorded what they did with that body-sized bundle.

37 minutes ago, PsychoDrone said:

the amount of evidence they leave is through the roof.  They handle the garbage-wrapped body without gloves.  Taking their cellphones with them maps out everywhere they've been.  I can forgive not checking the body for his cellphone.  BUT, they just threw the phone in the river without destroying it.  And, they also handled it without gloves and didn't attempt to wipe it down.  Forget the DNA, people have known about wiping fingerprints since forever.

Exactly.  As I was watching this I got annoyed and kept thinking how stupid they were.  At one point I looked at Mr. Moving and said "I could do a better job getting rid of a body!"  Mr. Moving moved to the other side of the couch. :) 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Exactly.  As I was watching this I got annoyed and kept thinking how stupid they were.  At one point I looked at Mr. Moving and said "I could do a better job getting rid of a body!"  Mr. Moving moved to the other side of the couch. 🙂

Watching plenty of crime shows, 1st 48, Forensic Files, Fatal Attraction, etc, you can see how police go about investigating crimes.  With the amateurish ways the ladies handle their crimes, detectives wouldn't have to work too hard following their trail.  Unfortunately, it hurts the show because the writers are expecting the audience to hand wave it away.

• Love 7

mistakes made:

no gloves, no checking the body for phone, could have parked a whole lot closer to that dumpster (and why a dumpster not the dump?) not covering their plates, wearing hats, not wiping fingerprints off the phone, not ejecting the sim card, not smashing the phone...

just really stupid.

Mary Pat was believeable but didn't need to chop up the body, lol. She is talking to the FBI because she should.

Last season Rio was sexy. Once he shot stupid Dean, he became immediately less sexy. The power dynamic is messed up.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, helenamonster said:

Woo hoo! Yes! Bye bitch!

I too figured they were heading in the direction of Mary Pat killing him (by accident or on purpose) but I hope this show doesn't try to pretend she's even with the girls now. If she'd called the police the second she hit him they might be able to wave it away as an accident. But once she chopped him up, put him in her freezer, and called the girls first, it was over. The girls created this mess, for sure, but Mary Pat ingratiated herself into it, and even if they were planning to kill Boomer, how things went down was on her.

(I did feel sympathy for her for the rape, though, and I thought Allison Tollman acted out the scene with the little boy really well.)

I too laughed at the reactions of the girls as they slowly realized what had happened. Them each leaning forward individually was great stuff.

Becoming an accessory to murder after the fact is for sure a felony.

Yeah, but, wasn't it an accident?