Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

The Good Doctor Cast in Other Roles

Recommended Posts


Don't know whether it's a one time appearance or he's gonna be a regular cast member, but Michael Muhney from Veronica Mars and the best Adam Newman on The Young and the Restless is filming now in Vancouver.  Hoping it's a recurring role as he will be a great addition to the cast in what is my most anticipated Fall 2017 season TV show to watch.

https://twitter.com/michaelmuhney/status/903079126352879616 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I have loved Freddie Highmore ever since Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and August Rush.  Skipped Bates Motel.     I've always said that nobody can play PITIFUL like he can.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, AstaCharles said:

Antonia Thomas was in the wonderful British sci fi comedy drama Misfits. Highly recommend the first 3 seasons, well the first 2, season 3 is ok. It's on Hulu now. 

Agree 100%.  The first two seasons are excellent because the original five cast have ridiculous chemistry.  And I loved how her character of Alisha grew and matured over the course of the show.

She was also in a British mini-series called Homefront that centers on the wives and families of deployed soldiers.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Babalooie said:

I have loved Freddie Highmore ever since Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and August Rush.  Skipped Bates Motel.     I've always said that nobody can play PITIFUL like he can.  

It's so weird to go back and watch Highmore being an adorably innocent little kid in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' after watching him play Norman in "Bates Motel" :p. 

But yeah, he can make you feel for and care about his character regardless of who it is he's playing. I even wanted to hug Norman a few times when watching "Bates Motel"! 

Haven't seen 'August Rush'. I should remedy that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I remember the first time I saw Freddie Highmore in a film; it was Finding Neverland, and I thought at the time that he would either disappear right after that film, or he'd become a huge star. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Babalooie said:

It's well worth seeing.  He plays a homeless child who is a musical  savant.

Saw it's going to be on some movie channel next week-I've got a reminder set for it ;). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Watching the season premiere of How To Get Away With Murder and realize Nick Gonzalez jas pretty much been cast as a jerk in every show I've seen him in. 

He was Abby's jerky ex fiance on Sleepy Hollow

He was Cisco's jerky brother on The Flash

He was Wes' jerky murderer on How To Get Away With Murder

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I've only seen Hill Harper on a show on HLN called "How it Really Happened". 

 

And Freddie Highmore in Bates Motel. Why he never was nominated for an Academy Award for that is beyond me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

And Freddie Highmore in Bates Motel. Why he never was nominated for an Academy Award for that is beyond me. 

YES. This. He should've gotten lots of recognition and awards for that role. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

And Freddie Highmore in Bates Motel. Why he never was nominated for an Academy Award for that is beyond me. 

Bates Motel is a TV series. The award would be the Emmy.

I think he hides his English accent very well.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Bates Motel is a TV series. The award would be the Emmy.

I think he hides his English accent very well.

Thank you for the correction. I always get those awards mixed up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/26/2017 at 7:07 PM, AstaCharles said:

Antonia Thomas was in the wonderful British sci fi comedy drama Misfits. Highly recommend the first 3 seasons, well the first 2, season 3 is ok. It's on Hulu now. 

Check out "Lovesick" on Netflix.  Very good.

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/4/2017 at 1:19 PM, QuinnInND said:

I've only seen Hill Harper on a show on HLN called "How it Really Happened".

 

 

And Freddie Highmore in Bates Motel. Why he never was nominated for an Academy Award for that is beyond me. 

Hill Harper is probably best known for his 9-season, 197-episode, 2004-2013 role as Dr.Sheldon Hawkes in CSI: NY. He played the same role in a 2004 episode of CSI: Miami, which I think involved characters from (at the time) all 3 CSI franchise shows crossing over to 1 or more of the other 2 shows they weren't normally on to help solve a case which involved the original team in Las Vegas as well as the teams in the Miami & NY spinoffs.

He won the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series for that role for 3 years, 2008-2010, and was nominated for the same award for the role in 2005-2007.

Hill Harper is also known for his "political advocacy" in regards to the African-American experience, as the best-selling author of a number of books encouraging positive relationships in the African-American community & helping African-American men, in particular, encouraging them to be/do something with themselves, to try to be the best they can be, instead of engaging in lives of crime & spending Life with no Parole in prison, or ending up on Death Row, as so many African-American males seem to, when taking another path in life could have avoided it.

Hill Harper also is/was a member of the Obama for America campaign finance committee. He & former President Obama were classmates at Harvard Law School.

As of May, 2017, Hill Harper is the single father of an adopted son, Pierce Hill Harper.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Richard Schiff was also in The Lost World: Jurassic World and suffered one of the worst deaths in the franchise, at least until Zara's needlessly protracted death in Jurassic World. He also played John Doe's lawyer in Se7en, Elijah Wood's father in Deep Impact, and popped up in SpeedThe Trigger Effect and Volcano.

Antonia Thomas was in Sunshine on Leith, a 2013 Scottish jukebox musical featuring songs by The Proclaimers. Tried to record but for some reason the PVR only caught the last 23 minutes!? Antonia was terrific singing "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" from the bit I did catch though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I've seen him in other things, but whenever I see Nick Gonzalez here, I think "Cisco's brother is doing so well away from Central City!"

Edited by Trini
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/31/2018 at 11:18 PM, Trini said:

I've seen him in other things, but whenever I see Nick Gonzalez here, I think "Cisco's brother is doing so well away from Central City!"

Oh man. I have a tendency to conflate his role as Melendez with his role as Dante on The Flash....to the extent that I was thrown by the scene with his sister on The Good Doctor, as I thought, "what is that prick Dante doing? Is he trying to score points against Cisco again?" (I was not a Dante fan, never thought he redeemed himself, and was not worth Cisco's "Flashpoint" butthurt.) 

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, rubyred said:

Oh man. I have a tendency to conflate his role as Melendez with his role as Dante on The Flash....to the extent that I was thrown by the scene with his sister on The Good Doctor, as I thought, "what is that prick Dante doing? Is he trying to score points against Cisco again?" (I was not a Dante fan, never thought he redeemed himself, and was not worth Cisco's "Flashpoint" butthurt.) 

Funny I remember him in everything BUT this show.  If you had not posted this I wouldn't have even thought about it!

Share this post


Link to post

Sean's dying foster mom was once told she had to rub the lotion in her skin, or else she gets the hose again.

I still think of Nicholas Gonzalez as the hot gardener from The O.C. He also had a role on this really cheap late-night MTV soap called Undressed as a gay guy.

Cancer DNR guy was on an episode of Criminal Minds where he murdered guys that reminded him of his brother because he wanted to use their body parts as kind of like a Frankenbrother.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Cancer DNR guy was on an episode of Criminal Minds where he murdered guys that reminded him of his brother because he wanted to use their body parts as kind of like a Frankenbrother.

I thought he looked familiar! There we go, then. There's been a few people on this show who've been on episodes of "Criminal Minds". Kinda neat, since I watch both shows :D. 

As for Gonzalez, I'm familiar with him from his roles on "How to Get Away with Murder" and "Sleepy Hollow". 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/14/2019 at 10:49 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Sean's dying foster mom was once told she had to rub the lotion in her skin, or else she gets the hose again.

I can't imagine how often she hears that!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size