Type keyword(s) to search

The Good Doctor Cast in Other Roles

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, AstaCharles said:

Antonia Thomas was in the wonderful British sci fi comedy drama Misfits. Highly recommend the first 3 seasons, well the first 2, season 3 is ok. It's on Hulu now. 

Agree 100%.  The first two seasons are excellent because the original five cast have ridiculous chemistry.  And I loved how her character of Alisha grew and matured over the course of the show.

She was also in a British mini-series called Homefront that centers on the wives and families of deployed soldiers.

6 hours ago, Babalooie said:

I have loved Freddie Highmore ever since Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and August Rush.  Skipped Bates Motel.     I've always said that nobody can play PITIFUL like he can.  

It's so weird to go back and watch Highmore being an adorably innocent little kid in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' after watching him play Norman in "Bates Motel" :p. 

But yeah, he can make you feel for and care about his character regardless of who it is he's playing. I even wanted to hug Norman a few times when watching "Bates Motel"! 

Haven't seen 'August Rush'. I should remedy that. 

• Love 2

Watching the season premiere of How To Get Away With Murder and realize Nick Gonzalez jas pretty much been cast as a jerk in every show I've seen him in. 

He was Abby's jerky ex fiance on Sleepy Hollow

He was Cisco's jerky brother on The Flash

He was Wes' jerky murderer on How To Get Away With Murder

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

And Freddie Highmore in Bates Motel. Why he never was nominated for an Academy Award for that is beyond me. 

YES. This. He should've gotten lots of recognition and awards for that role. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

And Freddie Highmore in Bates Motel. Why he never was nominated for an Academy Award for that is beyond me. 

Bates Motel is a TV series. The award would be the Emmy.

I think he hides his English accent very well.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Bates Motel is a TV series. The award would be the Emmy.

I think he hides his English accent very well.

Thank you for the correction. I always get those awards mixed up. 

• Love 1
On 9/26/2017 at 7:07 PM, AstaCharles said:

Antonia Thomas was in the wonderful British sci fi comedy drama Misfits. Highly recommend the first 3 seasons, well the first 2, season 3 is ok. It's on Hulu now. 

Check out "Lovesick" on Netflix.  Very good.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:19 PM, QuinnInND said:

I've only seen Hill Harper on a show on HLN called "How it Really Happened".

Hill Harper is probably best known for his 9-season, 197-episode, 2004-2013 role as Dr.Sheldon Hawkes in CSI: NY. He played the same role in a 2004 episode of CSI: Miami, which I think involved characters from (at the time) all 3 CSI franchise shows crossing over to 1 or more of the other 2 shows they weren't normally on to help solve a case which involved the original team in Las Vegas as well as the teams in the Miami & NY spinoffs.

He won the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series for that role for 3 years, 2008-2010, and was nominated for the same award for the role in 2005-2007.

Hill Harper is also known for his "political advocacy" in regards to the African-American experience, as the best-selling author of a number of books encouraging positive relationships in the African-American community & helping African-American men, in particular, encouraging them to be/do something with themselves, to try to be the best they can be, instead of engaging in lives of crime & spending Life with no Parole in prison, or ending up on Death Row, as so many African-American males seem to, when taking another path in life could have avoided it.

Hill Harper also is/was a member of the Obama for America campaign finance committee. He & former President Obama were classmates at Harvard Law School.

As of May, 2017, Hill Harper is the single father of an adopted son, Pierce Hill Harper.

• Love 8

Richard Schiff was also in The Lost World: Jurassic World and suffered one of the worst deaths in the franchise, at least until Zara's needlessly protracted death in Jurassic World. He also played John Doe's lawyer in Se7en, Elijah Wood's father in Deep Impact, and popped up in SpeedThe Trigger Effect and Volcano.

Antonia Thomas was in Sunshine on Leith, a 2013 Scottish jukebox musical featuring songs by The Proclaimers. Tried to record but for some reason the PVR only caught the last 23 minutes!? Antonia was terrific singing "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" from the bit I did catch though.

• Love 1

I've seen him in other things, but whenever I see Nick Gonzalez here, I think "Cisco's brother is doing so well away from Central City!"

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
On 10/31/2018 at 11:18 PM, Trini said:

I've seen him in other things, but whenever I see Nick Gonzalez here, I think "Cisco's brother is doing so well away from Central City!"

Oh man. I have a tendency to conflate his role as Melendez with his role as Dante on The Flash....to the extent that I was thrown by the scene with his sister on The Good Doctor, as I thought, "what is that prick Dante doing? Is he trying to score points against Cisco again?" (I was not a Dante fan, never thought he redeemed himself, and was not worth Cisco's "Flashpoint" butthurt.) 

1 hour ago, rubyred said:

Oh man. I have a tendency to conflate his role as Melendez with his role as Dante on The Flash....to the extent that I was thrown by the scene with his sister on The Good Doctor, as I thought, "what is that prick Dante doing? Is he trying to score points against Cisco again?" (I was not a Dante fan, never thought he redeemed himself, and was not worth Cisco's "Flashpoint" butthurt.) 

Funny I remember him in everything BUT this show.  If you had not posted this I wouldn't have even thought about it!

Sean's dying foster mom was once told she had to rub the lotion in her skin, or else she gets the hose again.

I still think of Nicholas Gonzalez as the hot gardener from The O.C. He also had a role on this really cheap late-night MTV soap called Undressed as a gay guy.

Cancer DNR guy was on an episode of Criminal Minds where he murdered guys that reminded him of his brother because he wanted to use their body parts as kind of like a Frankenbrother.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Cancer DNR guy was on an episode of Criminal Minds where he murdered guys that reminded him of his brother because he wanted to use their body parts as kind of like a Frankenbrother.

I thought he looked familiar! There we go, then. There's been a few people on this show who've been on episodes of "Criminal Minds". Kinda neat, since I watch both shows :D. 

As for Gonzalez, I'm familiar with him from his roles on "How to Get Away with Murder" and "Sleepy Hollow". 

Just watched a hysterical faux documentry called 'Tour De Pharmacy' about doping in the Tour De France where it recounts the 1982 tour.

Freddie Highmore plays a French cyclist with this awful drawn on mustache but that is because

Spoiler

he is really a woman who is hiding her gender in order to race.  In the talking head portion of the documentary set in present day he is really Julia Ormond.

The rest cast of excellent.  Daveed Diggs and Andy Samberg are also 1982 cyclists and their present day selves are played by Danny Glover (in an awful curly wig to match Daveed's hair) and Jeff Goldblum.  There is also Phylicia Rashad, Maya Rudolph, Mike Tyson, JJ Abrams, Orlando Bloom, Kevin Bacon and (gack) Lance Armstrong who all are quite funny (except Lance).  And of course, Julia Ormond.  John Hamm narrates.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2017 at 7:09 PM, DearEvette said:

Watching the season premiere of How To Get Away With Murder and realize Nick Gonzalez jas pretty much been cast as a jerk in every show I've seen him in. 

He was Abby's jerky ex fiance on Sleepy Hollow

He was Cisco's jerky brother on The Flash

He was Wes' jerky murderer on How To Get Away With Murder

He was also an adorable, charming pro soccer player on Jane the Virgin.

A friend worked with him recently and said he’s a really down-to-earth, nice guy. I had no idea he’d studied literature at Stanford and Oxford.

• Useful 2

The premise of this show doesn’t interest me a lot, but it’s got Nicholas Gonzalez, so I’ll probably give it a try.

Tuesdays, 9:00 ET, NBC. Takes place in LA, but principal photography will be in Australia. 

LA BREA — An epic adventure begins when a massive sinkhole opens in the middle of Los Angeles, pulling hundreds of people and buildings into its depths. Those who fell in find themselves in a mysterious and dangerous primeval land, where they have no choice but to band together to survive. Meanwhile, the rest of the world desperately seeks to understand what happened. In the search for answers, one family torn apart by this disaster will have to unlock the secrets of this inexplicable event to find a way back to each other. The cast includes Natalie Zea, Eoin Macken, Jon Seda, Nicholas Gonzalez, Chiké Okonkwo, Karina Logue, Zyra Gorecki, Jack Martin, Veronica St. Clair, Rohan Mirchandaney, Lily Santiago, Josh McKenzie and Chloe De Los Santos. Writer David Appelbaum executive produces with Avi Nir, Alon Shtruzman, Peter Traugott, Rachel Kaplan, Steven Lilien, Bryan Wynbrandt, Ken Woodruff, Arika Lisanne Mittman and Adam Davidson. “La Brea” is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, in association with Keshet Studios. Hashtag: #LaBrea

https://deadline.com/2021/05/nbc-2021-22-schedule-law-order-thursday-this-is-us-midseason-no-comedies-1234756072/

• Love 3
On 5/16/2021 at 11:03 PM, Babalu said:

The premise of this show doesn’t interest me a lot, but it’s got Nicholas Gonzalez, so I’ll probably give it a try.

Tuesdays, 9:00 ET, NBC. Takes place in LA, but principal photography will be in Australia. 

https://deadline.com/2021/05/nbc-2021-22-schedule-law-order-thursday-this-is-us-midseason-no-comedies-1234756072/

I saw him on this show. Sadly, I haven’t been able to watch it. I’ve tried.  It’s not very good, imo.  I doubt there’ll be another season.  I hope he finds a better show.  

• Useful 1