Type keyword(s) to search

Bay Kennish: Axe Girl

What no love for Bay?  She is my favorite character on the show.   I often wonder if she regrets finding out she was switched.  It seems like Daphne inherited a another family but Bay's bio parents do not seem to want to spend time with her. 

• Love 2

Bay is my favorite character as well, but she gets on my nerves sometimes. I love the way she dresses, how blunt she is, and I feel she always gets the raw end of the deal, which makes her very sympathetic. However, she tends to meddle in things that do not concern her, and is always hatching some hair-brained scheme that ultimately gets discovered, which is why she annoys me. 

Actually it looks like a rape storyline. The commercials imply Bay gets drunk and has sex and doesn't remember it, which is legally raped. I think this could be a good storyline. Lots of angst and aftermath. I just wish it was not Bay since it seems like she is always the punching bag.

They can only focus on the switch for so long. I mean it's been three years and it could be too much. I agree they need to stop focusing on the love lives and give the girls lives outside of the boys.

• Love 1

Fair enough, I agree with you that it could be a good storyline but I still think that Bay's the writers' go to character for angst. No happiness for her I guess.

I don't know, I feel like they never really focused on the switch. At least not to the depth they could have. It always got tossed aside for boyfriend storylines. For example, it's been three years and Bay and Regina are still more like aunt and niece instead of mother and daughter. I don't think it should be 100% about the switch but there's still a lot about it I'm curious about.

Edited by t7686
  • Love 2
Fair enough, I agree with you that it could be a good storyline but I still think that Bay's the writers' go to character for angst. No happiness for her I guess.

She so is and it's getting rather old. I wish Bay had a chance to be happy for more than a millisecond.

For example, it's been three years and Bay and Regina are still more like aunt and niece instead of mother and daughter.

The Regina/Bay relationship has always bothered me to be quite honest. Mainly it's Regina's coldness and emotional distance to Bay. Even when she's being warmer than usual, it still feels like she's being lukewarm at best. I don't know if it's the script or the way CM plays it, but it gets on my nerves.

• Love 5

Well, still. There's a definite lack of closeness there and it's pretty obvious. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the dichotomy between Bay and Regina and Daphne, John, and Kathryn is pretty glaring. At least, for me. 

Whatever the reasoning, Bay and Regina's relationship bothers me. 

• Love 5

They could've taken the time for Regina to get to know Bay when Constance Marie damaged her hands so much that now she can't sign. That would've been a perfect time to have their relationship grow but instead they went a different route.

It still irritates me that Lizzy Weiss can't see the mistakes she's made regarding both characters but most especially Bay. It's like she can't help but have Bay be tortured all the time since Vanessa is the superior actor in relation to Katie.

• Love 7