Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E26: Flirting With Disaster

• Start Topic

I know this has been said a million times before but Colin's art is soooooo bad.  Does anyone know if there was a reason for that?  Like they (the show) couldn't afford good art from an actual artist and none of the production assistants wanted to put their best efforts out there to be mocked or ridiculed so they intentionally made the art over-the-top bad.  That's what I'm going to tell myself from now on.  It's supposed to look horrible.

Scrolling through these visual aids, I thought Sarah might be messing with us as all the non-gifs are kittens. Then I saw that "Trump" is in the text and remembered I have a Chrome extension that turns all pictures of Trump into kittens. It can be a little buggy. But it is the most adorable visual aids ever. (I'll be going to IE to see what I'm missing because I love the visual aids.)

• Love 3

My episode MVP is the anonymous florist who clearly knew that the person she (just a feeling) was talking to was manipulating two people into not being together and went along with it anyway.  I assume she either told herself that Kelly and Greg? (I keep forgetting his name) shouldn't be together if they actually fall for it OR she watches a lot of soaps herself and was delighted to be a part of something that would usually just be on tv.  Either way, she doesn't care about Kelly and it's glorious.

• Love 3

I hate the kind of jealousy plotlines like this Canadian one. Just because your boyfriend/girlfriend is talking to someone of the opposite sex it doesn't mean that he/she is cheating. It's so lazy and boring trying to make a storyline from that. 

Colin's dad story is so gloriously bad that it seems like a parody. Gotta love it! 

Paige Moss is terrrrrrrrrrrrrrible, but I do enjoy the soapiness of the Single White Tara storyline, as opposite to camping STUFF and blind dad STUFF.

Why is Val so intent on making it her mission to fix Colin's life?  Doesn't she have a club to run?

• Love 3
(edited)

I had forgotten that Colin's father appeared on this show.  I bet he wishes he could forget about Colin.

On the subject of Colin's shitty heart, I'm reminded of NBC's Studio Sixty on the Sunset Strip.  I never watched that show during it's brief run but know others who did.  For those who don't know, it was about a producer played by Matthew Perry that takes over a SNL-like show in order to boost the ratings.  I've heard the show wasn't bad but that the skits they showed for the SNL-like show are awful.  So just like that show couldn't do funny strips, this show couldn't do art that remotely didn't suck.  I acknowledge that neither is either but still, the end result is that the skits on Studio 60 and Colin's art on 90210 both sucked.

Edited by benteen
3 hours ago, Nanna said:

I hate the kind of jealousy plotlines like this Canadian one. Just because your boyfriend/girlfriend is talking to someone of the opposite sex it doesn't mean that he/she is cheating. It's so lazy and boring trying to make a storyline from that. 

Colin's dad story is so gloriously bad that it seems like a parody. Gotta love it! 

That story line was very stupid with the camping trip but the guys WERE being assholes drooling all over the girls 

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yes how is crazy Tara paying for the flowers?!?! I always wonder that. That was my big question.

I have a theory! Maybe her "street child" persona is a lie or delusion and she's another rich girl who ran away from home? Or she has Dylan-style wealthy absentee parents.That explains her stay at the same rehab as Kelly, her ability to pay for flowers, and the coming hair makeover. Also, I thought it was out-of-character (too naive and virginal-seeming) that she was all "When do you know when to sleep with a guy?" when before she had indicated having slept with guys who didn't care about her.

-I am not a crackpot

• Love 3

My god, this is seriously the point where you realize the Terruh storyline has been stretched out wayyyy longer than necessary. Gahhh. GET ON WITH IT, WRITERS.

I saw the original 'Point Break' on a date recently and spotted Colin's Dad as the...FBI swim coach? I clapped and said 'HEY IT'S COLIN'S DAD'. Spoiler alert, I did not get a second date :(

• Love 6

Those Canadian girls who couldn't figure out their tent...

591a4858e6da1_ScreenShot2017-05-15at7_30_10PM.png.898b0f33b9d16471ed66e7c930d1c59d.png

(#notallcanadians)

Colin and his dad - both assholes.

Dave gets to help recap not just a single white Tara episode, but also the Strike the Match episode? This is gonna be golden. Can't wait!

3 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

I have a theory! Maybe her "street child" persona is a lie or delusion and she's another rich girl who ran away from home?

There was a good episode of Law and Order (I think regular L&O, not SVU) where Mae Whitman played a character like this. I like your theory.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Flamingo said:

Then I saw that "Trump" is in the text and remembered I have a Chrome extension that turns all pictures of Trump into kittens.

Haha, I used to use that extension, but then I was looking at skirts online and the extension changed all the pictures of trumpet skirts to pictures of kittens.

As annoying as Brandon, Joe, and (to a much lesser extent) Steve can be, that really is a cute gif of them hiding behind the trees. And in this interminable season, it's all about the the little amusements. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MerBearStare said:

Those Canadian girls who couldn't figure out their tent...

591a4858e6da1_ScreenShot2017-05-15at7_30_10PM.png.898b0f33b9d16471ed66e7c930d1c59d.png

(#notallcanadians)

Colin and his dad - both assholes.

Dave gets to help recap not just a single white Tara episode, but also the Strike the Match episode? This is gonna be golden. Can't wait!

There was a good episode of Law and Order (I think regular L&O, not SVU) where Mae Whitman played a character like this. I like your theory.

I read ahead on Wikipedia afterwards, so I might have just forgotten the conclusion of the storyline.

"Greg McKeen of LA Memorial Hospital... Pee-dee-AAA-tricssssssss" is one of my all time favorite line readings of the entire series. There are just no words for how hilarious that moment is, it makes me laugh out loud every time. I also love that she asks "how soon can those be delivered?" and then doesn't even pause for a breath before going "that's great!" This storyline is so stupid but it makes me laugh so, so much.

I hate that I know this, but I'm pretty sure the shitty music while loading up the van at the beginning of the episode actually IS the original music. I think I remember because I've had the same thought along the lines of "good god, this music is terrible" every time I've watched this episode. Also, when they're packing the van it looks like it's full on raining, which isn't a great look for the "woohoo, Spring Break here we come!" tone they seem to be going for. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, atlanticslide said:

"Greg McKeen of LA Memorial Hospital... Pee-dee-AAA-tricssssssss" is one of my all time favorite line readings of the entire series. There are just no words for how hilarious that moment is, it makes me laugh out loud every time. I also love that she asks "how soon can those be delivered?" and then doesn't even pause for a breath before going "that's great!" This storyline is so stupid but it makes me laugh so, so much.

I hate that I know this, but I'm pretty sure the shitty music while loading up the van at the beginning of the episode actually IS the original music. I think I remember because I've had the same thought along the lines of "good god, this music is terrible" every time I've watched this episode. Also, when they're packing the van it looks like it's full on raining, which isn't a great look for the "woohoo, Spring Break here we come!" tone they seem to be going for. 

I love the line reading on that scene too. It's so awful it's great.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, allicatexp said:

Now that everyone has mentioned it, if Greg was in pediatrics, why would he and Kelly have crossed paths on the hospital?

Don't quote me on this, but he's a med student, so I think he was doing a rotation in the drug rehab, and now he's doing one in peds?  Again, don't quote me on this.

19 hours ago, MerBearStare said:
22 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

I have a theory! Maybe her "street child" persona is a lie or delusion and she's another rich girl who ran away from home?

Ha! The Terruh street child episodes made me think about that awesome L&O (original, never watched SVU) where the 26 year old posed as a 15/16 year old and was boinking her high school drama teacher. What if she's not only a rich kid but not really a kid? She just pretends to be in high school for the kicks and post-rehab stalking opportunities.

Otherwise, I got nothing. And are we really to believe that Kelly is paying for EVERYTHING here? How DID she order the flowers with no credit card? How does she eat at the peach pit? Kelly pays for her bowling time? And does she give Tara spending money? So many questions.

Greg is an idiot. Truly. 

I, personally, hate camping. Went once in my life and never again - I like running water and clean sheets too much but are we really to believe that seasoned campers don't check their car and their gear before going out on a road trip? I mean, I remember driving while female pre-cellphone days. You check the gas and check the tires and stuff before you head out on a road trip. Their helplessness was so not cute, SHOW!

21 hours ago, Molly Cule said:

My god, this is seriously the point where you realize the Terruh storyline has been stretched out wayyyy longer than necessary. Gahhh. GET ON WITH IT, WRITERS.

HAHAHAHA. By Season 6 it is clear the writers are desperately padding the storylines with Bullshit and "STUFF" to make the 30+ episode commitment. 

• Love 1

This storyline is awful but enjoyable to me in its awfulness. But only the Tara storyline. I couldn't care less about camping "STUFF" with the couples nor anything to do with Colin even if Val is there. I mean.. the "his dad is blind but he can feel how good the mural Colin painted is".. the hell is this? I'm with our awesome podcasters with the "huh?" But the god awfulness of Tara and Kelly and med student Greg is laughable. Also for someone who took psych as many times as Kelly she should know Tara has some borderline personality thing going on.

• Love 3
On 5/16/2017 at 7:40 AM, TeeVee329 said:

Don't quote me on this, but he's a med student, so I think he was doing a rotation in the drug rehab, and now he's doing one in peds?  Again, don't quote me on this.

That's right.  It's the only thing in this stupid story line that's actually grounded in reality.